Kuster's, Inc. of Camden, Mich., is recalling 14,238 pounds of its shredded, sliced and cubed cheese.
The product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
No illnesses have been reported to date.
The shredded cheese was sold in 5-lb. plastic bags and packaged under the following labels:
- Kuster's Dairy Foods Three Blend (pack date 10/05/16)
- Fata's Best Four Blend Feather Shred (lot date 27916)
- Fata's Best Mozzarella Muenster Provolone Feather Shred (lot date 27916)
- Fata's Best Monterey Jack Feather Shred (lot date 27916)
- Fata's Best PepperJack Feather Shred (Lot date 27816)
- Nor-Tech Dairy Mozz/Muenster/Prov Feather Shred (best used by: 12-05-2016)
- Nor-Tech Dairy Sharp White Cheddar Feather Shred (packed on 10.04.2016)
The shredded cheese was distributed in Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
The cubed cheese was packaged under the following label:
- Nor-Tech Dairy PepperJack 3/4" Cubed (packed on 10/04/2016).
The sliced cheese was packaged under the following label:
- Kuster's Dairy Foods Sliced Colby Jack
What to do
Customers who purchased any of the recalled products should not consume them, but return them to Kuster's for a full refund.
Cosumers with questions may contact the company at 517-368-5174 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (EST).