Jack Brown Produce of Sparta, Mich., is recalling Gala, Fuji, Honeycrisp and Golden Delicious apples.
The products may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following products, sold or distributed under the brand name "Apple Ridge," are being recalled:
Honeycrisp apples in two-pound clear plastic bags;
- Gala, Fuji, and Golden Delicious apples in 3-pound clear plastic bags;
- Fuji and Gala apples in 5-pound red-netted mesh bags; and
- Gala, Fuji and Honeycrisp apples that were tray-packed/individually sold.
The products can be identified by the following lot numbers printed on the bag label and/or bag-closure clip:
- Fuji: NOI 163, 165, 167, 169, 174
- Honeycrisp: NOI 159, 160, 173 Golden Delicious: NOI 168
- Gala: NOI 164, 166 on either the product labels and/or bag-closure clip.
The recalled apples were processed and shipped by Nyblad Orchards from December 11 through December 16, 2017, and distributed through retail stores in Michigan, Georgia, Missouri, Indiana and Ohio.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should destroy them and contact Jack Brown Produce for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact Lisa Ingalls at 616-887-9568 Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).