General Motors is recalling 380,498 model year 2010-2016 Cadillac SRX and model year 2011-2012 Saab 9-4X vehicles.
The rear suspension toe link adjuster may not have been tightened properly, which could result in a loose toe link.
A loose toe link can separate and cause a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of a crash.
What to do
Dealers will replace the adjustable toe link with a non-adjustable one free of charge.
Owners are advised to not drive their vehicle if they experience certain Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) warnings or other issues, such as unusual steering behavior, while driving.
Such warnings may include:
• Service Traction Control message
• Service Stabilitrak message
• Stabilitrak malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) stays on or flashes
• Service Rear Axle message
• Chimes in combination with any of these messages or MILs
• Sway or wander while driving
• Loud metallic or other unusual noise from the rear suspension
• Off-center steering wheel
• Uneven wear between the rear tires
Owner notification letters are expected to be mailed August 9, 2021.
Owners may contact Cadillac customer service at (800) 458-8006 and Saab customer service at (800) 955-9007. GM's number for this recall is N212340980.