Global Zakii Enterprises of Houston, Texas, is recalling approximately 174 pounds of canned meat and canned poultry products.
The products did not undergo import re-inspection. Additionally, they were imported from Jordan, a country ineligible to export products to the U.S.
There are no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
The following canned items, imported on or about September 20, 2019, are being recalled:
- 800-gm cans containing “UNIUM Chicken Luncheon”.
- 800-gm cans containing “UNIUM Luncheon Meat”.
- 500-gm cans containing “UNIUM Luncheon Meat”.
- 200-gm cans containing “UNIUM Chicken Luncheon”.
- 200-gm cans containing “UNIUM Luncheon Meat”.
- 340-gm cans containing “BISHAWY Extra CORNED BEEF”.
- 7-oz cans containing “TRADE MARK SHARAWI Extra CORNED BEEF PRODUCT OF BRAZIL”.
The recalled products were shipped to retail locations in Texas.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but discard or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions may contact Khaldoon Barakat at (832) 672-8771.
Keep an eye on your inbox, the lastest consumer news is on it's way!