With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, you might have already started thinking of ways to make the day a special one for your significant other. But who couldn’t use some help planning the perfect Valentine’s Day?
Last year, nearly 91% of consumers said they would buy something for their spouse or significant other and planned to spend roughly $147, according to the National Retail Federation (NRF).
This year, shoppers are expected to spend slightly less ($136.57) on Valentine’s Day gifts, experiences, and other purchases. But although consumers may be feeling more frugal this Valentine’s Day, the occasion is still expected to be a popular day for gift-giving.
Luckily for those who aren’t the most gifted gift-givers, a few apps are available to help you spoil your sweetheart.
Whether you are planning to treat your significant other to dinner and a movie, flowers, or the gift of a memorable experience, there’s an app out there to help you execute those plans.
The following apps can help you plan a very special Valentine’s Day, according to the experts at Gazelle ecoATM:
- OpenTable. Those dinner reservations aren’t going to make themselves. With OpenTable, you can make them on your phone. This app can help you secure a reservation at the restaurant of your choice before it’s all booked up.
- Flixster. Flixster lets you see what movies are playing in a theater near you, when, and what people think of them. You can even get your tickets through the app.
- Spotify. Every memorable day needs a soundtrack, and Spotify can help you create the perfect Valentine’s Day playlist. Short on time? The app also has pre-made Valentine’s Day mixes.
- LivingSocial. Roughy 40% of shoppers want an experience-based gift this year, according to the NRF. Whether your partner is into kayaking, wine tasting, or spa treatments, LivingSocial can help you find the perfect discounted activity for your Valentine’s afternoon.
- ProFlowers. Fresh flowers are a Valentine’s Day must-have for many. Apps like ProFlowers let you order flowers and have them delivered right to your doorstep.