Dakota Style Foods of Clark, S.D., has expanded its product recall to include 15,158 cases of sunflower kernels.
The product may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
No illnesses have been confirmed to date.
The sunflower kernels were distributed to 34 customers nation-wide, and are sold through retail outlets.
The products involved are:
- Dakota Style 16 ounce;
- Roasted and Salted Sunflower Kernels, 3.5 ounce;
- Roasted and Salted Sunflower Kernels, 32 ounce;
- Roasted and Salted Sunflower Kernels, 4 ounce;
- Savory Bacon Sunflower Kernels, 8 ounce;
- Savory Bacon Sunflower Kernels; and
- 4 ounce Salted Caramel Sunflower Kernels.
The products were shipped by Dakota Style Foods between February 15, 2016, and May 17, 2016.
The affected lots are identified by lot codes 8B6M02, 8B6M09, 8B6M17, 8B6M18, 8B6M24, 8B6M25, 8C6M02, 8C6M08, 8C6M10, 8C6M28, 8C6M31 and 8D6M01.
The product comes in plastic packages bearing the company logo and product name, with the lot code located on the back right hand panel.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-446-2779 between 8:30 am and 5 pm (CST) Monday through Friday.