The products were made with a chocolate chip cookie dough ingredient that may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
The following products are being recalled:
Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co. – 3-Gallon Cartons
- Cookie Dough (code date 10/15/17, 10/21/17, 11/1/17 & 11/8/17),
- Heaps of Love (code date 10/20/17, 10/28/17 & 11/8/17),
- Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (code date 10/9/17, 10/18/17 & 11/1/17),
- Sticks & Stones (code date 10/26/17).
Chocolate Shoppe Ice Cream Co. – Pints
- Cookie Dough (code date 10/21/17).
The Baked Bear brand – 3-Gallon Cartons
- The Baked Bear brand Cookie Dough (code date 10/13/17, 10/15/17, 10/21/17).
The recalled products were distributed to various ice cream shops, online outlets and limited grocery stores in Alabama, Arizona, California, Florida, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Vermont, Washington and Wisconsin.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should destroy or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at 800-466-8043 or by email at email@example.com.