BrightFarms is recalling various packaged salad greens.
The product may be contaminated with Salmonella.
Eight illnesses have been reported.
The following products, packaged in clear, plastic clamshells with "best by" dates through 7/29/2021, are being recalled:
- BrightFarms Baby Spinach (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Nutrigreens (3 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Butter Crisp (4 oz. Package)
- BrightFarms Harvest Crunch (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Mighty Romaine (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
- BrightFarms 50/50 Spring & Spinach (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Spring Crunch (4 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Spring Mix (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
- BrightFarms Sunny Crunch (4 oz. and 8 oz. package)
The recalled products were sold by the following retailers:
- Illinois: Mariano's Fresh Markets, Walmart (select stores), Strack Van Till, Sullivan's Foods, Caputo's, Jewel-Osco
- Wisconsin: Pick 'n Save, Metro Market, Copps, Tadych's, Walmart (select stores)
- Iowa: Walmart (select stores)
- Indiana: Strack Van Till
- Michigan: Tadych's
Additional retailers may be affected.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but discard or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Consumers with questions may contact the company at (866) 857-8745 from 8am – 11pm (EDT, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Recall.