A single BI-LO store in Glennville, Ga., is recalling fresh products containing cantaloupe.
The fruit may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
There have been no reports of any issues or illness associated with consumption of these products.
The store is located at 312 S. Veterans Blvd., in Glennville.
No other BI-LO stores are affected.
The product is marked on the scale label as "BI-LO Cantaloupe Chunks Medium," in medium plastic bowls with a lid, and a sell-by date of 2/24/16.
The following BI-LO brand products containing fresh cantaloupe with a sell-by date of 2/24/16, are being recalled at this store:
- Cantaloupe Chunks (sizes medium and large) in plastic bowl with lid
- Cantaloupe Halves in styrofoam trays wrapped in clear plastic
- Cantaloupe Slices in styrofoam trays wrapped in clear plastic
- Mixed Melon Chunks (sizes medium and large) in plastic bowl with lid
- Mixed Fruit Bowl (sizes medium and large) in plastic bowl with lid
- Fruit Tray Cantaloupe in plastic tray with lid
What to do
Customers should not consume these products and should return them to the store for a full refund. To receive the refund, customers may present proof of purchase through a receipt or the product-packaging label.
Consumers with questions about the recalled products may contact the customer call center toll free at 866-946-6349, Mon. - Fri., 8 a.m. - 7 p.m. (EDT), and Sat., 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. (EDT).