Bar-S Foods Company of Altus, Okla., is recalling approximately 372,684 pounds of chicken and pork hot dog and corn dog products.
The products may be adulterated with Listeria monocytogenes.
There have been no confirmed reports of illnesses or adverse reactions.
The following ready-to-eat, chicken and pork hot dog and corn dog items, produced July10 – 13, 2016, are being recalled:
- 16-oz/1-lb. packages of “BAR-S Classic BUN LENGTH Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with “Use By” date of 10/11/2016 and case code 209.
- 12-oz. packages of “BAR-S CLASSIC Franks MADE WITH CHICKEN, PORK ADDED” with package code 6338, “Use By” date of 10/10/2016 and case code 6405.
- 24-oz./1.5-lb. cartons of “SIGNATURE Pick 5 CORNDOGS – 8 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with a “Use By” date of 4/6/2017 and case code 6071.
- 42.72-oz./2.67-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with “Use By” dates of 4/7/2017 and 4/8/2017 and case code 6396.
- 48-oz./3-lb. cartons of “BAR-S CLASSIC CORN DOGS – 16 Honey Batter Dipped Franks On A Stick” with package code 14054, “Use By” dates of 4/6/2017 and 4/9/2017, and case code 14038.
The recalled products, bearing establishment number “EST. P-81A” inside the USDA mark of inspection, were shipped to retail locations nationwide.
What to do
Customers who purchased the recalled products should not consume them, but throw them away or return them to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall may call the Bar-S Foods consumer hotline at 1-888-965-6134.