The end of summer is approaching, and those fresh, summertime flavors will soon be replaced with the heartier tastes of fall and winter. However, the season isn’t quite over, so now is the perfect time to take advantage of your cooking time with our five favorite end-of-summer recipes!
1. Grilled corn (with your topping)
Grilled corn is a staple as a side dish or snack during summer. The overall recipe is very simple — just an open stalk of corn, fire up a hot grill, add salt and oil and maneuver with tongs! However, there are several different toppings you can use on this one to make your tastebuds happy.
Ingredients for corn:
- 6 ears of shucked corn
- Olive oil
- Brush the corn with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle a liberal amount of salt on the corn.
- Place corn on grill (high heat), and turn it periodically until done (about nine minutes).
Options for toppings:
- Your favorite hot wing sauce
- Interesting seasonings
- Wrap in bacon
- French onion dip
- Crushed chips of your choice
- Grills up to 8 cobs
- Dishwasher safe
2. Crab cakes
No end-of-summer dinner is complete without a trusted dish: crab cakes! These little cakes we all love are versatile — they can work as appetizers or the main course. Although crab cakes seem complicated, they are relatively simple to make.
3. California-style grilled chicken
Why not kick up your grilled chicken recipe? California-style grilled chicken is a fun, easy recipe that is hearty, light and fresh. This healthy recipe is great to make for the family while utilizing that soon-to-be covered grill!
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 cup of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Sliced mozzarella cheese
- 4 sliced avocados
- 4 sliced tomatoes
- Balsamic glaze
- In a large bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, honey, oil and Italian seasoning for the marinade. Punch in a little salt and pepper for taste.
- Completely submerge the chicken breasts under the marinade and let the chicken sit for at least 20 minutes.
- Heat your grill to a medium-high heat and grill until the internal temperature is at least 170 degrees.
- At this point, lay the mozzarella cheese over the top of the chicken breast. Then add the sliced tomatoes and top with the sliced avocado. Cook for about two more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the chicken and place it on the plate.
- Finally, drizzle with the glaze and serve.
- 13” x 12”
- Storage bag included
4. Healthy burger bites
We all love burgers, but sometimes we want to nibble on something without all the carbs. That’s why these burger bites are perfect for a relaxed summer afternoon!
- 1 pound of chuck ground beef
- 1 bag of French onion dip mix
- Sliced cheese of your choice
- Sliced kosher pickles
- Cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the beef in a mixing bowl and add the seasoning and mix well.
- Roll the beef into small, 2" - 3" balls.
- Place mini patties (meatballs) on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Pull out the patties, place a small square of cheese on each for melted cheese.
- Bake for another one to two minutes.
- Safely add the meat, pickle and tomato to the skewer, then serve with your preferred condiments.
- Stainless steel
- 2-year warranty
5. Lemon bars
With the touch of summer zest and the softness of the lemon filling, a classic lemon bar is one of our favorite summer desserts. However, you do not need to be a patissier to master this recipe. Take a look below at our simple lemon bar recipe.
Ingredients for crust:
- 9" x 9" pie pan
- 10 tablespoons of room temperature unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 1/4 cups of flour
Directions for crust:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease your pie pan.
- In a large bowl, mix (or gently blend) the flour, powdered sugar and salt.
- Add the butter into the bowl until it sticks together in a crumbling mess.
- Firmly press the pie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until lightly browned, usually around 15 to 18 minutes.
Ingredients for filling:
- 3 room-temperature eggs
- 1 tablespoon of lemon zest
- Fresh juice from 2 squeezed lemons
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
Directions for filling:
- Whisk your eggs, sugar, flour, lemon zest, juice and baking powder into a large bowl until it is well mixed and smooth.
- Carefully pour into the cooked crust.
- Put the combined ingredients into the oven until filling is set, roughly 18 - 20 minutes.
- Finally, let cool then serve in traditional squares.
- BPA-free plastic lids
- Dishwasher safe
We hope these fun recipes bring your tastebuds to that familiar, end-of-summertime place. If you have any secret family recipes you like to cook during the summer season, let us know in the comments below. Also, if you’re interested in giving your kitchen appliances a much-needed upgrade, check out our appliance company guide.