Find a Movers partner

3.9/5 (782 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company with more than 380 locations across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Prices vary by location, but Two Men and a Truck’s costs trend lower than its competitors’. Additional services include packing and unpacking, temporary storage and expedited moves. Contact a local franchise for exact pricing and services.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Locations nationwide
    • Friendly reputation
    • Affordable rates

Cons

• Experiences vary by location

Bottom Line

Two Men and a Truck is widely available and often has lower prices than competitors. Although customer experiences vary based on the franchise, Two Men and a Truck is generally known for having helpful, considerate movers.

Top Two Men and a Truck Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

Verified

The movers were very efficient and friendly! They offered a fair price and worked very carefully. They were able to move even our heaviest and most delicate items and finished eve...

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Two Men and a Truck

Two Men and a Truck is a moving company that has more than 380 local franchises across the U.S., Canada, Ireland and the United Kingdom. Because it is a franchised company, experiences vary, but Two Men and a Truck is known for quick, professional and friendly movers and moving services. All moves come with loading and unloading, online tracking and basic liability coverage, which pays 60 cents per pound for lost or damaged items.

Two Men and a Truck moving services

Two Men and a Truck handles local, long-distance and cross-country moves. The company performs business moves in addition to household moves. It offers optional services, including packing, unpacking and temporary storage. Some franchise locations have a minimum time or distance requirement.

• Local moves: Two Men and a Truck’s main claim to fame is its local moves. It charges hourly, often with minimum times of one to two hours.
    • Long-distance moves: Most Two Men and a Truck locations perform long-distance moves. Some franchises have restrictions on distance, so check first to make sure your local franchise can complete your move.

Two Men and a Truck’s additional moving products and services include:

The company sells packing supplies, including cardboard boxes, packing tape, protective wrapping, packing paper and specialty boxes.
    Two Men and a Truck’s expert movers have experience moving pianos and other bulky or fragile items.
    The company can expedite moves for a fee.
    Two Men and a Truck’s Value Flex is a more affordable option. The movers pack household belongings into a crate and put it on a trailer along with crates from other moves. This type of move takes longer, but it’s cheaper.
    The company offers temporary storage for customers whose move-in and move-out dates don’t line up.
    This enhanced insurance pays significantly more for lost or damaged items than traditional movers insurance.
    Two Men and a Truck offers cleanout services, garage cleaning and furniture removal.

Two Men and a Truck cost

A typical local move with Two Men and a Truck costs between $80 an hour and $100 an hour.  Each Two Men and a Truck franchise sets its own rates, so the final price varies by location. Besides location and time of year, factors that affect moving costs include:

• Driving time
    • Time needed to load and unload possessions
    • Distance from home to loading and unloading locations
    • Number of flights of stairs

Some Two Men and a Truck franchises set minimum move times of one to two hours. Speak with a representative for more information.

Two Men and a Truck FAQ

Two Men and a Truck gives estimates over the phone but might require an in-home estimate for the following situations:
    • Homes larger than 1,500 square feet
    • Out-of-state moves
    • Homes with narrow hallways and doorways
    • Moves with unusually large or bulky items
    • Homes with little outdoor parking space
    Call your local Two Men and a Truck location to begin the claim process. Be prepared to provide the make, model and manufacturer of the damaged item, as well as photos of the damage.
    Two Men and a Truck has a guide on its site for prospective customers who need to know how many boxes to buy.
    Yes, Two Men and a Truck has portable storage options.

Is Two Men and a Truck worth it?

Two Men and a Truck offers reasonably priced, quick moves, especially if you’re moving locally. Long-distance moves are a bit more complicated because of some franchises’ restrictions on travel distances. Several reviews mention courteous, professional movers. We feel comfortable recommending Two Men and a Truck for budget-conscious movers going short distances.

Two Men and a Truck Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Two Men and a Truck?

Original review: June 19, 2021

Hired Two Men And a Truck to move us out of Topeka about an hour away. They did a great job! Very professional and worked extremely hard on a hot, hot day. No issues with any damage. They were very accommodating to our late changing needs. Highly recommend!!!!

Original review: April 28, 2021

They were fast, careful and friendly. Moved each item like it was glass. They asked where each piece of furniture went in the new location. Unwrapped everything that they wrapped. They are strictly professional movers. This company is an excellent choice. I will get them again.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2021

Very efficient and they actually only use two men. When I used their services I moved from a two bedroom dwelling with all the fixings. They got the job done! Were on time and courteous. I had no issues with this company.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I have used 2 Men and a Truck 3 times! Unlike other moving companies, their estimates for both moves were spot on. And- wait for it- not a single item broken or damaged. They are just the best and their prices are competitive. I recommend them to everyone I know who is moving.

Original review: April 16, 2021

2 Men and a Truck is what company is called and they showed up in a timely manner. Both men were professional, friendly, hardworking and immediately left me feeling comfortable knowing our things would be delivered to our new home. All of our belongings were packed well, very organized, identified and delivered unscathed. We had a very good experience, one less thing to worry about was nice, thank you so much!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I usually don’t write negative reviews but is important for people to know what to expect if you trust this company. If any item get damaged they will not be responsible for it, you must buy extra insurance because they will not be responsible for any negligent damage. Unfortunately, I had this issue and the only solution they gave me was to pay .60 cents per pound for my brand new drawer that is valued $500 meaning $60. I think is kind of an insult for a customer to get paid this if you don’t pay for any insurance especially when you are trusting a “professional and reliable company”. They also arrived 3 hours late of time agreed. They painted over my damaged furniture without my consent and thought I was not going to find out. I filed a complaint with corporate but they didn’t really do much about it. Anyway, not happy with service or delivery.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

We recently used Two Men and a Truck to move my family from Edmond, OK to the Oklahoma City, OK metro area after previously and happily using them for a family move in the past in the Tulsa Ok area. Moving crew for this move was excellent, 5 star... However, upon needing to file a minimal damage claim we have been completely ignored for 2 weeks. We reached out to the company on Oct 21, 2021 to begin the claim process & were referred to contact the businesses Quality Control contact directly, which we attempted to do so 3 times always getting voice mail & have contacted the company a total of 7 times (main office and QC contact) to no avail being being totally ignored.

They gladly took our payment for services rendered yet they have been non-responsive to address our follow up needs to repair damaged goods resulting from the move. We have moved 9 times in the past with other moving companies and have never had this type of problem. Wish we did not have to take this avenue to get their attention.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

While the front office was fantastic in assisting with a short notice move, during the move and post move I had nothing but negative experiences. While packing, a mover broke a fan and informed his manager (which was great, thank you!) But I had to argue with a claims rep to get this item paid out. Apparently filling out a damage form on site and the employee in question confirming he broke it by accident, was insufficient to get a replacement. I was instead offered the cost of replacing the fan minus the damage deductible. Fortunately, someone higher up resolved that issue - but the fact that my claim had to be taken up to a higher level to get the money I was owed is disappointing.

Additionally, I just found ANOTHER item (in addition to multiple broken items that after the deductible was no additional funds to me, even at the higher insurance coverage) that had been hidden in a maintenance closet. The movers were not asked to move anything into this maintenance closet, so I can only assume this was done intentionally to hide the damaged item. As the period to file a claim for broken or damaged items is insanely short (3 days vs 75 days from other companies), my only recourse is to provide an honest accounting of the issues I had when using this company for their moving and packing services.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I called them because the wall unit pieces (two) were large and I did not want it to be destroyed in the move. I was paying good money to have some items taken to Goodwill and Habitat for Humanity. On the way over there (I was following at their request), I heard a couple of loud bangs. I figured they had let the wall units fall over. That is exactly what happened. Not only that, they tried to charge me full price for doing it! They had taken two other small pieces that we could have moved ourselves with a little bit of difficulty. I refused to pay over $300 for them busting up the good wall units. They would not compensate me or repair the unit. They said it was because the unit was being donated. To me, that doesn't matter. If I was willing to pay to move it, it obviously had value.

I had used their service many years ago, but I will not be using it again. In the end, they knocked $100 of the bill and I ended up paying them over $200! I thought they should have been paying me! I do not recommend them as they do not use care in strapping items down and are not fair about their resolution to a problem they caused.

Original review: July 15, 2021

My review of 2 Men and A Truck and how they treat senior citizens. I feel my wife of 54 years, 73 years young and myself, me being 75 years old, wouldn't hire them to pick up a lamp from the floor and put it on an end table. Why so cold you may ask as I would. Just a few examples. Before I give you examples let me say my wife and I, we have never hired movers in our life and if this is an example of what movers are like I thank God we never did. I probably could have hired college students for less than the $125.00 an hour and rented a truck and been happier. And actually gotten the stuff put in storage that was supposed to be as well as the stuff put in the apartment that was supposed to be, so now I can hire someone else to correct what your company did wrong!

I thought it was a great idea to disassemble the opening and closing mechanism on the front door to make it easier to bring furniture out to the truck and I thought it would have been an even better idea to have reattached it when they were finished. Another good idea was taking the mirror off my wife's triple dresser since it would have been cumbersome to move it with it still attached but again would have been even better if they would have put it back on like they said they would. I was very impressed when they pretty much saran wrapped all furniture to protect it and even when it was brought to its new destination and I started to take it off was told, "don't worry about it Harry, we'll take care of it". I foolishly believed that statement. My wife completed that task today.

Not much to say about the television that was broken other than, "we'll report that to the company". We have no idea if they have or will. Was told 4 people at 9:00. Again, another great idea. Too bad only 3 showed up. A 4th showed up around noon. This is a continuation of #4. I just got an email with them offering to settle on the television. Trust me, and I have the email. They actually offered me $19.00 for a 39 inch television! Not kidding, $19.00. Tried to make a suitable agreement. By that I mean offering them the deal I was offered. I told them I'd send them $90.00 and they can send me 5, 39" television sets.

Ended up hiring 2 men for $35.00 each for 4 hours and rent a truck, nothing to do with 2 men and a truck, to repack the storage area, moving things from storage area back to where they were supposed to be put in the first place, the apartment, and of course had to move things from the apartment to where they belonged in the storage area. The best part is before they were finished I foolishly gave them each a $25.00 tip. They should have tipped me. Frankly, what's the use. There are several more. You can believe I will list every one of them so hopefully every one of the 25,000 families in the Nall Hills subdivision will read about the service, no disservice is a better word. Along with the many more families in Overland Park, Ks. I am rating them at the lowest I could because it won't allow a no star rating.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Two Men and a Truck Company Information