Rolls Van Lines
3.40/5

Discover the right moving company for you

Rolls Van Lines

This company is out of businessFIND OTHER COMPANIES

Rolls Van Lines offers moving, packing and storage services in Maryland, DC, Virginia and several other States along the East Coast. From self-service packing and storage to full-service relocation, our professional team is skilled to meet all your moving and storage needs.

170 Rolls Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

Don’t use this company! Go with someone else. The movers were unprofessional and broke many of my items. They threw thing around and dropped things on the floor. I submitted the claim form to their so called “claims department” and every time I called no one answered, or I would be transferred to a voicemail. I reported them to the BBB. Save yours the frustration and go with someone else...

Original review: May 31, 2018

We hired these guys to move 600 gallons of paint to our depot here in Maryland and the workers sent for the job packed the product very well, except 2 gallons that were damaged and spilled out due to squeezing. However, that wasn't a big deal, since every other thing was well done, so I took it in good faith. They did a professional job and we will contact them on and on.

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had a great experience with Rolls Van Lines team. The workers were on time and did the job very fast and in a professional manner. They really took care of my things, more especially, my fragile items and at the end, everything was delivered in great condition. I am pleased with their services!

Original review: May 16, 2018

Service was fine! They charged me lesser than the few moving companies I contacted. The delivery was nice and prompt. The helpers and driver were cool and skillful. I found it easier moving with these guys and I highly recommend them.

Original review: May 15, 2018

The movers showed up by 6:30 in the morning and waited for some time to get ourselves prepared before they were let into our apartment. They were so patient and friendly. They packed and boxed some items and loaded everything in the truck. All our things were saved and were also in good condition when they were delivered. They even helped us placed our TV, computers, fridge and sound system where we needed them to be. Very outstanding job! My husband and I were happy with their service and would recommend them to everyone that needs movers for a good job.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rolls Van Lines, LLC?

Original review: May 11, 2018

Rolls Van Lines moved my household property from San Jose, CA, down to my new location at Gordo, Alabama just a week ago. My experience with these movers was amazing! Quick turnaround and professional! The Customer Service was helpful and answered all my queries. Everything went smooth and would use them again.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I used the company to transfer 205 Plasma Television Screens from Chicago, IL to Colorado just a week ago and I must say, they were outstanding movers. They absolutely took care of the goods and did a nice delivery without any problem. Everything between me and them went very smooth. They would be my regular movers.

Original review: May 8, 2018

The movers didn't show up on time. They were 2 hours later than our normal time-frame. However, the minute they came, they packed all the things they needed to load in a few hours. They were fast and careful in doing their job. In about 3 hours, they completed the loading and move up to my new location. They delivered all my things the next day and everything was just the same as they picked them. No damage whatsoever! Thank you, guys!

Original review: May 6, 2018

These guys made my move very easier and interesting. The movers live to their expectation, took everything seriously and did not rest or relax for a while. From the start to finish they worked throughout. The foreman too was helping to make sure that they accomplish the task on time and in a professional manner, which they did. I will also recommend the Customer Service for their quick response to all my problems... They were so wonderful and helpful. I highly recommend this company and team for moving me in such a great way.

Original review: May 5, 2018

This is the second time I have used this company. This time, Rolls Van Lines moved 200 bags of cement and a few planks to my construction site in Healy, Kansas a week ago. The movers that did the job were hardworking and cool gentlemen. They did whatever I needed them to do without any issue and hesitation and I was very satisfied with their experience and quickness. Everything was done very well and I will hire them again and again.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I had an incredible experience with this company and I'm quite satisfied. The guys wrapped up my items very fast and loaded everything in the truck in just an hour. Awesome and wonderful company. All my things arrived in a timely manner, nothing at all damaged or destroyed, nothing was missing either. They understand how to move hefty and large items around without doing damage to my house. The Customer Service was very active and responding to all my issues at any time, whether night or day, they responded to my calls. Moving with these guys was a bliss and stress-free. I'll recommend them to all my friends for their good work!

Original review: May 4, 2018

Wonderful service! The movers showed up promptly and put together all my belongings so quickly! As it appeared to be my very first time moving and I was bothered about long-distance from San Angelo, TX all the way to Ellicott City, MD. Nevertheless, these guys caused it to be that simple for me and I'm very satisfied with their service. The goods arrived just in 8 days from the pick-up. Nothing was missing or misplaced pieces. I will surely use them the next time I will be relocating. Thank you, Rolls!

Original review: May 3, 2018

I hired one of their small vans to move 150 gallons of paints from Boston, MA to Annapolis, Maryland last week and they did very well. From the Customer Service down to the loaders were all nice to deal with. The driver was also careful and drove smoothly and he made sure everything was saved and delivered without an issue. I am pleased with the service they gave me. Thank you!

Original review: April 27, 2018

If you want the mover to come to your house totally unprepared, not enough boxes (26), no paper or bubble wrap or blankets to ship your household goods and then try to contact the operations folks (left 6 messages during the chaos and yelling at the ONE guy they sent to pack a 3200 sq ft home by himself who was clueless as to how to pack boxes) then this is the company for you. It would have been easier to just throw all our stuff away and start out with new stuff after it was delivered scratched, dented, broken, torn, ripped. I see how they get away with this... Starts with a broker... He/she then bids out to the lowest bidder. Don't do it! We regret each and every day we chose them.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I appreciated the work they did. Everything went smooth and quick. The customer care was responding to my requests at any time I call. The agent responsible for my move was a nice fellow and never allowed anything to go astray. The movers were very clever and friendly. My wife and I were amazed on how they managed to go through the small space we have upstairs to send down our 2 large family mattresses and cupboard without scratching the walls or even much stress. Shortly that was done, they freely and easily wrapped other items and loaded them quickly into the truck. From the start to the finish took them only 3 hours to accomplish the task and we are completely satisfied with what they did. My family and I will definitely recommend these guys to all our friends.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Good service and would hire again. We used their storage option for 30 days to store few items. The moment we applied for storage solution they arrived at the next morning. My family and I admired the container they gave us. It was large enough to contain everything we needed to store. After the 30 days expired they came and pulled it back. We were pleased with their service. From the CS to the driver were all great. We would introduce them to our neighbors and close friends.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have moved numerous times in my life, and this company is the worst ever! The following main points summarize my experience: Quoted $1300+ but ended up charging me $2000+. Delayed shipment, took almost a month. Failure to respond; for a while, I thought the company was out-of-business, and got worried about how I could get my belongings back. Items got damaged in my shipment. My items were mixed with other customers' in the truck.

I read the reviews before I decided to give it a try. I saw good and bad ones, but decided to give it a chance. It turned out to be one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life. If you feel the same reading all these positive and negative reviews, trust me - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. If you are interested in the full story, here you go:

When I started getting a quote from different movers, this company responded the most promptly, which was very impressive, and that was one reason why I ended up choosing it over others, as their price was not the lowest. The first problem is about the price. Starting from the beginning, I emailed them an excel file I created, with every single item I included in my shipment. I was in the process of packing when I got a quote from them, and I sent them what I had at that moment, including pictures of various items. The excel file included the measurement of every item I included and the total cubic feet. The purpose was to get an idea how much I would be charged.

I provided as much information as possible to get the closest estimate possible as I trusted their professional judgment and estimation. My calculations added up to a total of less than 200 cft, and I kept emailing them with the updated measurement and pictures as I was approaching the end of the packing process. I was given a quote of $1300+, and I ended up being charged $2000+. It was mentioned in one of our emails that it looked like my shipment wouldn't exceed 200 cft, and I understand that the actual volume could not be finalized until the day shipment was picked up, but it was too much of a difference.

As a customer, I believe I had done everything I could to provide all the information I had about the size of my shipment to get an accurate quote. I believed that they would be able to give me an accurate quote based on the information I provided, or would ask for more information in order to get me the closest estimate possible. If I had known that it would come out $700 more than the quote, I would have researched further before making my decision, and made an effort to reduce my shipment volume. Do you think a customer has to wait till shipment has been picked up and accept whatever the moving company wants to charge?

Second, the paperwork was confusing and misleading. On the day my shipment was picked up, the crew told me that my shipment volume exceeded 200 cft, and asked me to sign a blank document, indicating I agreed to pay extra for the extra volume. The volume was left blank, and the price was left blank. There were some other blank documents I was asked to sign, and of course, I refused. I was given an invoice, indicating that I owed a balance of $829, but later the staff told me to ignore that invoice, and issued a new invoice of $939. It was very unprofessional to handle business and customers like that.

Third, there was a problem with communication. The prompt responses from the company stopped immediately after shipment pick-up. The crew told me that the office would contact me about the actual volume of my shipment the next day, which did not happen. I kept emailing and never got a response, and their voice mailbox was also full. I was so desperate to get a response, and there was a time when I was wondering if the company was out of business, and I was so worried about the whereabouts of my shipment. The property management of my apartment building requested some insurance documents, and asked this company to contact them regarding the arrival date.

There were some issues about the insurance papers, and I connected the operations manager with the property manager. The property manager was unable to get an answer about the arrival date. I emailed to find out, but was unable to get an answer either. I had to pay $160 to move my stuff in, as the property management has to reserve their manpower to supervise the move when a truck enters their property. The money was non-refundable, and I had to make another reservation and pay again when I could provide an accurate date when the truck was going to arrive. I lost $160, and I think I need to be compensated due to the irresponsible and unprofessional management of this company.

When shipment arrived, my belongings were all over the truck, and some of my items were mixed with another shipment. Also, my bookcase was damaged upon arrival. Throughout all the paperwork, it is mentioned over and over again that this company is not responsible for this or that, the customer cannot stop payment when using a credit card, the customer cannot contact any media organization or internet website if they want to file a claim etc. It seems to me that the company is already prepared for negative responses from their customers from the beginning. This is a horrible company that I considered myself very unlucky to have come across during my search.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I didn't think these guys could do a clean job like mine, based on some negative reviews I saw on their behalf. All the same, I determined to try them because their branch office is situated a few miles away from my residence in Chicago, IL. The minutes I stepped into their office, someone from the Customer Service department welcomed me and quickly attended to my request. From there they gave me a breakdown of all I needed to do before and after my move. I was so impressed with the way and manner these guys attended to me. Right from the start to the finish, I did not find it difficult in dealing with them, they took absolute care of all my belongs in an impressive way. I would definitely let them move me again in the near future if there is need to move.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I booked one of their storage containers for 14 days to enable me to store my equipment from exposing to the rain because I had some repairs of my workshop. They came to my place and after an assessment, they provided me with 8x10 container since the items were not extremely much. The movers did well, they packed all my equipment inside the container in 2 hours. I had a nice experience with this company. From their customer service to the driver who brought in the container and loaders were all amazing team to work with.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The Customer service was responsive and answered every question. The driver and helpers showed up at the accurate time along with their different boxes and wraps. They diligently focused on their duty and at the end, they achieved a great job. I was happy with what they did. My things were properly taken care of. I will give a special kudos to the driver for driving well and delivered my products in a nice manner. Their price too was fair and welcoming. Will hire again!

Original review: March 31, 2018

Outstanding experience! Would be a repeat customer. The movers performed more than my expectations. Very smart workers with seriousness in accomplishing their task on schedule. It's obvious that I will hire this company again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

These guys move my household property from San Mateo, CA down to Garland, North Carolina with a reasonable price that I couldn't believe. The movers showed up prompt and started wrapping some things. The supervisor was also a nice young man, he made sure all my things were properly taken care of. The minute they finished packing, they made sure the entrance door of my apartment was shut. They answered every question I could ask them. I will recommend these guys to all my business partners.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Rolls Van Lines moved us from Dover to Champaign in October, 2017. Numerous items were damaged or destroyed during the move. We informed the company as items were being unpacked, and emailed several times. Company said they had 120 days before they were required to pay. After 120 days (Jan 21) nothing was received. Emailed with my response. Filed claim with BBB. Their excuse was that their entire claim office took January off. That is not a reasonable excuse. It is March 30, 2018 and still nothing. We will be filing a legal claim soon. Stay away from this company. They have no reliability and do not care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We moved from MA to FL. I contracted with EZ Van Lines who then brokered to Rolls Van Lines. Like previous reviewers our price went up by more than $1,000.

No paperwork to prove it just what they are telling you. Our furniture was picked up on December 1st and we received the total delivery on January 1st @ 7:00pm. The delivery people were courteous but spoke very little to no English which made communicating very difficult. At no time were we informed our furniture would be taken to another city, unloaded to their warehouse, and at a later date put back on a truck for its final destination. When our furniture arrived and came off the truck I just stood there & cried.

My sofa table came off with no legs. My beautiful armoire came off with a big piece of the crown molding ripped right off. My brand new bar stools looked like they had been dragged across a concrete sidewalk they were so scratched and gouged up. I could go on and on. Coffee table, end tables were replaced because of all the damage. We had numerous things missing and all we heard was fill out a claim form. No apologies. Well the claim forms were filled out with the pictures of the damages enclosed and sent to them certified mail. It has been almost a month, according to the Post Office the 1st attempt was returned to them because of an inaccurate address even though we know it is correct and now they are trying again to deliver it. We have no expectations of getting any refund but can’t stress enough please do not use this company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Truly the worst experience in customer service professionalism and ethical conduct I have ever had the unfortunate godless experience with a company. If you use this piece of ** company you are making a mistake. I wish I would’ve read the reviews about help for this company was. Somebody in federal law-enforcement needs to investigate this company for its professionalism, unethical behavior, lack of contact and potential fraud. The people running this company and the most of its employees are just downright thieves. Warning you have been warned. Stay well will Rogers these people are pieces of **.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I read the reviews. There were some positive, some negative. I thought, how bad can they be? Turns out very very bad. From the beginning poor customer service. I was given a 3 day window. Nothing happened and I kept calling and calling. On day 4 and after many angry phone calls they finally showed up on a Sunday night. Their office staff, Julie ** in particular would not return phone calls and when I would get a reply she was very rude and condescending. Don't know how she keeps her job.

So finally 3 guys showed up to pack. They were really nice and I thought great. Everything will be good. I had everything packed so well but they of course used extra packing materials to up my quote more than $1000. They left and it was a good 2 weeks later till they would be delivering my items to Florida. They sent only 1 poor soul to unload the truck and bring the items in my house. He had to lug mattresses and heavy furniture all by himself. It was 90 plus degrees that day. He did not want to assemble items but I insisted since I was on my own.

When all my things were off the truck and the driver was gone I began to unpack my things. I noticed a large box of Christmas items was missing. I called and yes they said they had found it in a storage locker. Another 2 or 3 weeks passed until that was delivered. The box was badly damaged. Items that were inside were missing or broken into pieces. Some items were missing and in their place were empty boxes. These were obviously gone through and stolen, in other boxes I had 2 empty eyeglass cases but the glasses were gone. The only good part of this entire experience were the guys who came to load the truck. Before and after that occurred was a complete nightmare. This company has no regard for their customers or employees. Heed my warning and check out other companies because Rolls does not deserve your business!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

BEWARE, Rolls Van Lines jerked us around on the day we sold our house. They confirmed that they will be at our home at 10:00 AM. At 11:30 AM we called them and they told us it would be 3:00 PM. At 3:00 PM they told us that the movers were in Bethesda MD which is three hours from where we were. They were laughing about it to each other, we could hear them on the phone making a joke out of it. They took a deposit from us that we are now disputing with our credit card company. We are worried that they will try to charge us more money since they have our credit card info. They never made an effort to show up. They will rip you off so beware. I am now contacting the Office of the Attorney General to do my best to shut them down so no one has to go through this again. This is the very first review I have ever given because I have never been more dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a good experience with Rolls moving. Thought from the very beginning it would be a long way road but they came very prepared and professional. I was very happy they packed everything, got my stuff in stipulated delivery terms and I paid a faired cost. Definitely suggest their services.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM, first I asked for an accurate estimate, they came into my house measured all what I have and they said, "Your total will be around $2300." Well in the day of moving and after getting all my stuff into the truck my total was about $5400, I tried to call the person who made the estimate and he (Thomas **) doesn't answer my calls or emails. After that I told them what is the estimate date of my furniture will be reaching to the other state and the crew they sent don't know further more. They don't SPEAK English!!! So I had to wait to hear the surprising news from TC. He said my stuff are still in the area where I live and placed in a storage and might leave within a week or so!!! This is news to me.

So finally my inventory end up reaching to the other state after 2 weeks, and I decided to place them in a storage (until now) as I'm in process of buying a home, I'm sure I will have more surprises once I move them into the final destination however by looking through them I've seen plenty of my furniture defected and broken. And I'll add more update once I have everything moved into my new place. FURTHERMORE SOMEONE ELSE's FURNITURE WERE MIXED WITH MINE. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The company took 23 days to deliver my things. They argued and said I had more cubic feet than I did. Misquoted. Went through my things and I have $85 worth of things missing. Brought a headboard and a large flat screen tv in my house that was not mine. Then tried to convince me it was mine. When I tried to call to get it resolved they were rude and I told them I was going to contact Better Business Bureau he said, "Are you threatening me?" Then told me I was not special.

Rolls Van Lines, LLC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rolls Van Lines, LLC is a company that offers residential, commercial and governmental moving and storage services. Rolls Van Lines has several types of specialists working for its clients. This helps ensure that the company can provide the logistical and physical services needed to meet the needs of individuals, companies and government agencies.

• Packing services: They provide packing services for local, long-distance and international moves for individual and commercial clients.

• Storage services: Rolls Van Lines has five storage facilities located in Maryland, D.C., Virginia and Miami to match the needs of clients who need secure, dry places to store any variety of items

• Local moving: Local moving services include logistics and secure equipment to make sure items arrive on time and undamaged so clients can immediately move into their new homes or offices.

• Free quotes: Free quotes from Rolls Van Lines can help potential clients make informed decisions when choosing service providers.

• Best for: Families, businesses and government agencies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs