Rolls Van Lines
2.51/5
Based on 36 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover the right moving company for you

Rolls Van Lines

Rolls Van Lines offers moving, packing and storage services in Maryland, DC, Virginia and several other States along the East Coast. From self-service packing and storage to full-service relocation, our professional team is skilled to meet all your moving and storage needs.

Last updated: April 18, 2018

155 Rolls Van Lines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 18, 2018

Good service and would hire again. We used their storage option for 30 days to store few items. The moment we applied for storage solution they arrived at the next morning. My family and I admired the container they gave us. It was large enough to contain everything we needed to store. After the 30 days expired they came and pulled it back. We were pleased with their service. From the CS to the driver were all great. We would introduce them to our neighbors and close friends.

Original review: April 14, 2018

I have moved numerous times in my life, and this company is the worst ever! The following main points summarize my experience: Quoted $1300+ but ended up charging me $2000+. Delayed shipment, took almost a month. Failure to respond; for a while, I thought the company was out-of-business, and got worried about how I could get my belongings back. Items got damaged in my shipment. My items were mixed with other customers' in the truck.

I read the reviews before I decided to give it a try. I saw good and bad ones, but decided to give it a chance. It turned out to be one of the worst decisions I have ever made in my life. If you feel the same reading all these positive and negative reviews, trust me - STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. If you are interested in the full story, here you go:

When I started getting a quote from different movers, this company responded the most promptly, which was very impressive, and that was one reason why I ended up choosing it over others, as their price was not the lowest. The first problem is about the price. Starting from the beginning, I emailed them an excel file I created, with every single item I included in my shipment. I was in the process of packing when I got a quote from them, and I sent them what I had at that moment, including pictures of various items. The excel file included the measurement of every item I included and the total cubic feet. The purpose was to get an idea how much I would be charged.

I provided as much information as possible to get the closest estimate possible as I trusted their professional judgment and estimation. My calculations added up to a total of less than 200 cft, and I kept emailing them with the updated measurement and pictures as I was approaching the end of the packing process. I was given a quote of $1300+, and I ended up being charged $2000+. It was mentioned in one of our emails that it looked like my shipment wouldn't exceed 200 cft, and I understand that the actual volume could not be finalized until the day shipment was picked up, but it was too much of a difference.

As a customer, I believe I had done everything I could to provide all the information I had about the size of my shipment to get an accurate quote. I believed that they would be able to give me an accurate quote based on the information I provided, or would ask for more information in order to get me the closest estimate possible. If I had known that it would come out $700 more than the quote, I would have researched further before making my decision, and made an effort to reduce my shipment volume. Do you think a customer has to wait till shipment has been picked up and accept whatever the moving company wants to charge?

Second, the paperwork was confusing and misleading. On the day my shipment was picked up, the crew told me that my shipment volume exceeded 200 cft, and asked me to sign a blank document, indicating I agreed to pay extra for the extra volume. The volume was left blank, and the price was left blank. There were some other blank documents I was asked to sign, and of course, I refused. I was given an invoice, indicating that I owed a balance of $829, but later the staff told me to ignore that invoice, and issued a new invoice of $939. It was very unprofessional to handle business and customers like that.

Third, there was a problem with communication. The prompt responses from the company stopped immediately after shipment pick-up. The crew told me that the office would contact me about the actual volume of my shipment the next day, which did not happen. I kept emailing and never got a response, and their voice mailbox was also full. I was so desperate to get a response, and there was a time when I was wondering if the company was out of business, and I was so worried about the whereabouts of my shipment. The property management of my apartment building requested some insurance documents, and asked this company to contact them regarding the arrival date.

There were some issues about the insurance papers, and I connected the operations manager with the property manager. The property manager was unable to get an answer about the arrival date. I emailed to find out, but was unable to get an answer either. I had to pay $160 to move my stuff in, as the property management has to reserve their manpower to supervise the move when a truck enters their property. The money was non-refundable, and I had to make another reservation and pay again when I could provide an accurate date when the truck was going to arrive. I lost $160, and I think I need to be compensated due to the irresponsible and unprofessional management of this company.

When shipment arrived, my belongings were all over the truck, and some of my items were mixed with another shipment. Also, my bookcase was damaged upon arrival. Throughout all the paperwork, it is mentioned over and over again that this company is not responsible for this or that, the customer cannot stop payment when using a credit card, the customer cannot contact any media organization or internet website if they want to file a claim etc. It seems to me that the company is already prepared for negative responses from their customers from the beginning. This is a horrible company that I considered myself very unlucky to have come across during my search.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: April 13, 2018

I didn't think these guys could do a clean job like mine, based on some negative reviews I saw on their behalf. All the same, I determined to try them because their branch office is situated a few miles away from my residence in Chicago, IL. The minutes I stepped into their office, someone from the Customer Service department welcomed me and quickly attended to my request. From there they gave me a breakdown of all I needed to do before and after my move. I was so impressed with the way and manner these guys attended to me. Right from the start to the finish, I did not find it difficult in dealing with them, they took absolute care of all my belongs in an impressive way. I would definitely let them move me again in the near future if there is need to move.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I booked one of their storage containers for 14 days to enable me to store my equipment from exposing to the rain because I had some repairs of my workshop. They came to my place and after an assessment, they provided me with 8x10 container since the items were not extremely much. The movers did well, they packed all my equipment inside the container in 2 hours. I had a nice experience with this company. From their customer service to the driver who brought in the container and loaders were all amazing team to work with.

Original review: April 11, 2018

The Customer service was responsive and answered every question. The driver and helpers showed up at the accurate time along with their different boxes and wraps. They diligently focused on their duty and at the end, they achieved a great job. I was happy with what they did. My things were properly taken care of. I will give a special kudos to the driver for driving well and delivered my products in a nice manner. Their price too was fair and welcoming. Will hire again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rolls Van Lines, LLC?

Original review: March 31, 2018

Outstanding experience! Would be a repeat customer. The movers performed more than my expectations. Very smart workers with seriousness in accomplishing their task on schedule. It's obvious that I will hire this company again.

Original review: March 30, 2018

These guys move my household property from San Mateo, CA down to Garland, North Carolina with a reasonable price that I couldn't believe. The movers showed up prompt and started wrapping some things. The supervisor was also a nice young man, he made sure all my things were properly taken care of. The minute they finished packing, they made sure the entrance door of my apartment was shut. They answered every question I could ask them. I will recommend these guys to all my business partners.

Original review: March 30, 2018

Rolls Van Lines moved us from Dover to Champaign in October, 2017. Numerous items were damaged or destroyed during the move. We informed the company as items were being unpacked, and emailed several times. Company said they had 120 days before they were required to pay. After 120 days (Jan 21) nothing was received. Emailed with my response. Filed claim with BBB. Their excuse was that their entire claim office took January off. That is not a reasonable excuse. It is March 30, 2018 and still nothing. We will be filing a legal claim soon. Stay away from this company. They have no reliability and do not care about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018 We moved from MA to FL. I contracted with EZ Van Lines who then brokered to Rolls Van Lines. Like previous reviewers our price went up by more than $1,000.

No paperwork to prove it just what they are telling you. Our furniture was picked up on December 1st and we received the total delivery on January 1st @ 7:00pm. The delivery people were courteous but spoke very little to no English which made communicating very difficult. At no time were we informed our furniture would be taken to another city, unloaded to their warehouse, and at a later date put back on a truck for its final destination. When our furniture arrived and came off the truck I just stood there & cried.

My sofa table came off with no legs. My beautiful armoire came off with a big piece of the crown molding ripped right off. My brand new bar stools looked like they had been dragged across a concrete sidewalk they were so scratched and gouged up. I could go on and on. Coffee table, end tables were replaced because of all the damage. We had numerous things missing and all we heard was fill out a claim form. No apologies. Well the claim forms were filled out with the pictures of the damages enclosed and sent to them certified mail. It has been almost a month, according to the Post Office the 1st attempt was returned to them because of an inaccurate address even though we know it is correct and now they are trying again to deliver it. We have no expectations of getting any refund but can’t stress enough please do not use this company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Truly the worst experience in customer service professionalism and ethical conduct I have ever had the unfortunate godless experience with a company. If you use this piece of ** company you are making a mistake. I wish I would’ve read the reviews about help for this company was. Somebody in federal law-enforcement needs to investigate this company for its professionalism, unethical behavior, lack of contact and potential fraud. The people running this company and the most of its employees are just downright thieves. Warning you have been warned. Stay well will Rogers these people are pieces of **.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I read the reviews. There were some positive, some negative. I thought, how bad can they be? Turns out very very bad. From the beginning poor customer service. I was given a 3 day window. Nothing happened and I kept calling and calling. On day 4 and after many angry phone calls they finally showed up on a Sunday night. Their office staff, Julie ** in particular would not return phone calls and when I would get a reply she was very rude and condescending. Don't know how she keeps her job.

So finally 3 guys showed up to pack. They were really nice and I thought great. Everything will be good. I had everything packed so well but they of course used extra packing materials to up my quote more than $1000. They left and it was a good 2 weeks later till they would be delivering my items to Florida. They sent only 1 poor soul to unload the truck and bring the items in my house. He had to lug mattresses and heavy furniture all by himself. It was 90 plus degrees that day. He did not want to assemble items but I insisted since I was on my own.

When all my things were off the truck and the driver was gone I began to unpack my things. I noticed a large box of Christmas items was missing. I called and yes they said they had found it in a storage locker. Another 2 or 3 weeks passed until that was delivered. The box was badly damaged. Items that were inside were missing or broken into pieces. Some items were missing and in their place were empty boxes. These were obviously gone through and stolen, in other boxes I had 2 empty eyeglass cases but the glasses were gone. The only good part of this entire experience were the guys who came to load the truck. Before and after that occurred was a complete nightmare. This company has no regard for their customers or employees. Heed my warning and check out other companies because Rolls does not deserve your business!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

BEWARE, Rolls Van Lines jerked us around on the day we sold our house. They confirmed that they will be at our home at 10:00 AM. At 11:30 AM we called them and they told us it would be 3:00 PM. At 3:00 PM they told us that the movers were in Bethesda MD which is three hours from where we were. They were laughing about it to each other, we could hear them on the phone making a joke out of it. They took a deposit from us that we are now disputing with our credit card company. We are worried that they will try to charge us more money since they have our credit card info. They never made an effort to show up. They will rip you off so beware. I am now contacting the Office of the Attorney General to do my best to shut them down so no one has to go through this again. This is the very first review I have ever given because I have never been more dissatisfied.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I had a good experience with Rolls moving. Thought from the very beginning it would be a long way road but they came very prepared and professional. I was very happy they packed everything, got my stuff in stipulated delivery terms and I paid a faired cost. Definitely suggest their services.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM, first I asked for an accurate estimate, they came into my house measured all what I have and they said, "Your total will be around $2300." Well in the day of moving and after getting all my stuff into the truck my total was about $5400, I tried to call the person who made the estimate and he (Thomas **) doesn't answer my calls or emails. After that I told them what is the estimate date of my furniture will be reaching to the other state and the crew they sent don't know further more. They don't SPEAK English!!! So I had to wait to hear the surprising news from TC. He said my stuff are still in the area where I live and placed in a storage and might leave within a week or so!!! This is news to me.

So finally my inventory end up reaching to the other state after 2 weeks, and I decided to place them in a storage (until now) as I'm in process of buying a home, I'm sure I will have more surprises once I move them into the final destination however by looking through them I've seen plenty of my furniture defected and broken. And I'll add more update once I have everything moved into my new place. FURTHERMORE SOMEONE ELSE's FURNITURE WERE MIXED WITH MINE. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY AND USE THIS COMPANY!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

The company took 23 days to deliver my things. They argued and said I had more cubic feet than I did. Misquoted. Went through my things and I have $85 worth of things missing. Brought a headboard and a large flat screen tv in my house that was not mine. Then tried to convince me it was mine. When I tried to call to get it resolved they were rude and I told them I was going to contact Better Business Bureau he said, "Are you threatening me?" Then told me I was not special.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I was completely ripped off. First off, the 1800sf capacity truck was not even 1/4 of the way used and they charged me 600sf (I have pictures). They charged me for a flight of stairs when my estimate clearly said it was included. I have proof. They charged me for packaging materials after I clearly said I didn't want them to use ANY. I drew an X on the document and they charged me anyway. They charged me for 18 (20ft each) rolls of bubble wrap for 1 table that had 3 pieces of glass.

By my estimate I used approx 450sf of space on that truck and that's being generous. They delivered a week later. First said they would be here at 8PM and then called after 8 to tell me they won't be there until between 8-10 the next morning and then at 11AM I called and they were being held up by being pulled over.

The men who delivered agreed I didn't use not even 1 roll of bubble wrap and agreed I did NOT use 600cf of space on that truck. They had 6 other people's stuff on this truck.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Very stressful from the time they came to move us to the time they delivered our belongings. 1st it was told to us that they had a big enough truck to move our whole house. But when the movers showed up they had a small truck. They could not fit all of our house in that truck. We had to rent a Uhaul to move the rest of our belongings. Then when they came to deliver. That said we had to pay up front in order for our belonging to be taking off of the truck. Before hand, I asked how much would it be to deliver our belongings. It was stated twice by two different people that it would be cheaper than it would be to come and pack. That was a lie. Then they say they will be arriving at our home at a certain time (9:30-10:30 am) and that was a lie. The total move was VERY DISAPPOINTING.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Being sub-contracted to have Rolls Van Lines/ADI Moving and Storage move our home placed undue stress on an already stressful situation. We used a broker for this move, 4 days before our move was to occur we still had no idea who was coming. We gave the movers a 3 day window to perform this move, after speaking with the broker (finally), they informed us that Rolls Van Lines/ADI was contracted to execute this move. I spoke with a relocation specialist from Rolls Van Lines and he stated that the moving team would arrive between 9-11am on the last day of the 3 day window that was afforded.

At 9:03am my wife got a call that truck battery had died and they would be 2 hours late. At 12:30pm, we placed a call and they stated that they were 30 minutes away; they arrived at 1:30pm. During their initial walk through of the house, the team lead stated that they may not have a big enough truck. I called the relocation specialist to voice both my disapproval and concerns (notably about the truck size), he told me that everything would be fine, everything would fit on the truck and if I didn’t like it, he could always tell the moving team to leave; they left that night at 8:00 stating that they would return in the morning between 9-10am.

We gave them a 3 day window; we’re now in day 4. They arrived at close to 2pm the next day. They were unprepared, my mom had to go and buy boxes and packing tape so they could “finish” the job. I called again to voice my concern about the size of truck and once again I was told that everything would fit. The moving team left that night at 1am, not having packed up or moved our garage; 600 cubic feet of goods still remained. My contract with Rolls Van Lines showed that we paid for our ENTIRE house to be both packed and moved. The next day, my wife and mother had to pack up the rest of the garage and move it into storage. We then had to transport it ourselves to our new home. A day later we were told that the price of our move went up from $7440 to $9600, lucky us.

Delivery date was set for an arrival between 9-11am; the delivery team arrived at 4:30pm. I should’ve known how the day was going to go when backing up truck, they gouged a chunk out of my driveway. The team asked for the rest of the money upfront, but informed me that they don’t have all of my goods. I was told that the truck load was too heavy (not sure what that means), it’s more than likely that it’s just a means to hold your stuff hostage to ensure that they get all the money they were asking for. The team left that night at 8:50pm letting us know that they would arrive at 12:00pm the next day… They arrived at 3pm. They unpacked the rest of the truck and tried to put our furniture back together, which they couldn’t do properly. The team left at 7:45pm that night.

The delivery team couldn’t understand why we were upset. They cost us over 12 hours of lost time due to tardiness, we have broken and lost goods, furniture that wasn’t put together properly and raised our price over 26%. The customer service team at Rolls Van Lines is hands down the worst I have ever dealt with. Most of the time, the numbers you try to call are either busy or go straight to voicemail. I was told that the relocation specialist we were dealing with went out of the country; we never spoke to him after our goods were picked up.

This company placed an extreme amount of stress on us. Our family was already separated for my job relocation; we hoped that the move would be fairly easy, we were mistaken. I would never recommend Rolls Van Line to anyone. Up front, they’ll tell you how great and smooth the move will be, after you sign, the stress begins and you can no longer get a hold of anyone; if you do get a hold of someone, they will be unable to answer many of your questions. Movers beware, this company will scam you!!

Original review: July 31, 2017

Contracted to deliver goods from Saint Paul to Austin. Arrived one day early, by informing just one night before (high inconvenience). Pick up and delivery crew (Very nice - only nice thing about the whole experience). Delivery - late (high inconvenience). Many Items missing (high inconvenience - please contact to deliver remaining items). Operations team does not respond to phone calls.

Original review: July 12, 2017

WORST MOVING EXPERIENCE EVER! Beware! There are so many things gone wrong with my family's move! Movers arrived a day late. One of the mover men was very persistent and demanding instead of focusing on doing his job, he was busy trying to "bag" me by asking me personal questions if I was married and asking me to come to his motel room! This was a very big move and it wasn't taking seriously at all! They did half the job and overcharged us! They put our things in a storage facility that was in another state we wasn't even aware of! Then when my things arrived two weeks later someone else's things were on the truck along with mines!

My mattresses are still missing, head boards, box springs, my frame for my dining room table are missing along with a book shelf. Customer service was horrible. They are a bunch of thieves! Broken furniture. My table I spent 500 for is broken. Dressers broken. I have to try to fix it back! This was absolutely ridiculous. The worst move of my life! My kids and I had to sleep on the floor for 9 days until our things had to leave their storage and arrive to our new home! I don't recommend this company at all!

Original review: July 4, 2017

Our experience with this company was awful. The booking agent was helpful, but misquoted us. The movers arrived 2 hours late and the foreman was sullen and uncommunicative from the start. The other two movers were really nice, but they did the bulk of the work and didn't speak English, so communication was difficult. The problems arose when I called the office and spoke with Andrew to dispute the information I was given by the person who booked the move and also to complain that they'd sent the wrong size truck and couldn't fit our things in it. I had packed myself and labeled everything so all they had to do was put it in the truck. Instead the foreman wandered aimlessly from room to room with no system, wasting so much of our billed time. At one point he looked at our sofa and asked us if he needed to move it?

Meanwhile Andrew started screaming down the phone at me that they didn't need our business and could abandon the move right then if I didn't like it. It was astonishing and awful. I found out later that he's the owner. I spoke to a woman later on who was rude too and unhelpful but not abusive to the point that Andrew was. They left two beds (my kids'), a dresser, several piles of iced and other things at our house as they drove off. I then spoke to Thomas, the initial booking agent who told me that it was our own fault the truck was too small because I'd wanted to do the move in three hours. Nothing about that was true. At this point the foreman was standing at our new place refusing to move our stuff in until we paid!! I'm not sure if this was legal, but Thomas assured me it was standard business practice. I'm trying to find out via the BBB.

We had now wasted 45 minutes arguing about the payment when they hadn't even started moving in. At this point Thomas informed me that this work was "manual labor"? What? Like working for a moving company wasn't. When we finally paid (we felt held hostage) the foreman complained that my sofa was too big to move. I told him he'd have to figure it out. They abandoned our entertainment center in the garage by telling me they'd have to destroy our walls to get it up. Essentially he didn't want to bother, his attitude was beyond awful - sullen, not bothered. The two guys with him did all the work, he complained nonstop and was on his phone all the time. Andrew then screamed and yelled at my husband who tried to talk to them about the attitude and speed and now escalating cost of the move.

I finally told them to go, only to discover the next day that many of the heavy boxes I'd packed and labeled where they needed to go, had been left in our garage. Furniture was thrown into rooms and not placed. This overall experience has been so stressful, an entire nightmare. We are disputing the charges as we had to rent a truck to retrieve the rest of our belongings. The speed and efficiency of the move was abysmal, despite the fact that all they had to move was furniture and some boxes, I moved the rest in my car. Andrew ought to be reported for his abusive attitude and rudeness, I'm making a complaint. I can't even imagine how he treats his staff if that is how he treats his customers. We will do what we have to to get the word out. This business is a scam and not honest or efficient.

Original review: June 10, 2017

We purchased a new home and we called Rolls Van Lines to help us when we moved the town home into a single-family home. We scheduled an appointment and they attended our request and were helpful. The moving crew was very pleasant, very professional and very easy to work with. It wasn't a complicated process and we liked the way they were so very nice and very punctual. They were also very attentive to the customer's needs and very considerate as to how we wanted them to handle the furniture and where we wanted them placed. It was an excellent and wonderful service. We would use them again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Called on Friday 6/2 and received no information on my delivery window or even when I would get notice of my delivery window. Requested call from a manager. Never came. Been calling for 3 days. All numbers. Calls go to VM. Nobody calls or returns email. I think they may be out of business? I would like to know where my stuff is.

Original review: June 5, 2017

My ex had set up the move for me to get my stuff from Virginia. First no one could give me a time frame of when my good were gonna be here. 2nd I get a call from the driver saying they are at the storage unit. Again NO ONE contacted ME!! They contacted my ex which doesn't even live in Arkansas and I was the receiving MY GOODS! 3rd they did such a bad disgusting job at packing my household goods. They had my leather couch wrapped in a blanket with tape. They unwrapped it and they had put the sticky side of the tape ON MY LEATHER!! I was irate. So they ruined my couch.

Then I get my fathers shadow box out. The matting is warped because they pushed stuff into the back of it when loading the truck and that had one of my own comforters taped around it. Instead of crating it like it should have been. I was disgusted with that. Then they broke one of my coffee tables. The inventory was done wrong. I have yet to go through my boxes and totes. They broke a few totes too and a box with my kitchen stuff was crushed. The list keeps going. I will be filing a claim and go from there. NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 5, 2017

My uncle supplies Rolls Van Lines with the boxes. We were having a baby so we’ve decided to change homes still just about in the neighborhood, and we used Rolls Van Lines. Everything in scheduling went great and everybody was nice and efficient from start to finish. Their crew was very fast, was here when they said they were gonna be here and they didn’t stop. My interactions with them were all phenomenal. It's been such a great experience especially since we’re going through a special situation and they gave us all the help we needed. I also passed their information to my relative.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I used Rolls Van Lines to ship 12 boxes and a piano and everything made it to my daughter safely. Also, they got my big stuff to help move me to Texas. My stuff is packed and they picked it up. They already have it in their storage and they said they'll be there between 9:00 and 10:00. They were on time both times. But the representative on the phone did not ask enough questions on how much I had. He went by the furniture and I’m downsizing so, I got rid of a lot of my furniture. I didn’t bring that many boxes and my price on my move doubled. It's a ploy to not ask all these questions. The idea was I didn't know how many boxes I would have when I didn’t even pack yet and he asked me that. I said that it's a hundred and that sounds like a lot but I finally had 300. I didn’t finish packing or even start at the time when he asked me and gave me the quote.

I didn’t bring much furniture but I brought a lot of other stuff. Then, the price went way up. I couldn’t understand but was I to do? We were there when they were packing the stuff into the truck. I packed everything myself and the boxes. The only thing they packed was the stuff that they left like furniture and wrapped it up. They didn’t send anybody out. I had other quotes from other van companies that was set $10,000 or $11,000 and they were at under $7,000. But they didn’t ask enough and it came to $12,000. It got even more expensive when their people sent representatives out to actually look.

Also, I’m expecting it the 31st and they won’t call me back. They haven’t scheduled when it’s gonna get here and I’m waiting on it. My house closes on the 30th, which is next Tuesday so, I said that I need it on the 31st. I’ve called the office three times this week and they didn’t call me back two of the three times. I talked to a guy named Steve to set up delivery. I called first thing Monday morning this week and he said he’ll send the lady an email and he’ll voice mail. She didn’t call back. The third time I called, I had gotten the lady and she said that they're working on it.

Original review: June 1, 2017

Deposit was paid. Received a phone call the day prior to reschedule the window. And this company was a no call/no show. There is no phone number for after hour assistance so spent the evening just waiting for a company that never arrived. Their system is obviously flawed because they called the next morning inquiring to see why I had called the night before unaware they had a job that was not completed. The move was scheduled for Thursday 5/25/17. On Friday after speaking to them their solution was money back, or they would try to find someone else in the area to complete the move, or call back to reschedule. It's been a week and haven't heard back from them especially about rescheduling. So if you have a time sensitive move... save yourself the inconvenience and do NOT hire them because they have proven to be unreliable.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I had a great experience with Rolls Van Lines. I gave them a call, and they gave me a quote. They were pretty close to my house, so it cut down the cost a lot. When they picked everything up, I really didn't have to do anything except to sign any paperwork. They told me to wrap and fix everything up and they also made sure that I had everything that I needed. They made sure to call me so that way, I can meet them because there was a storage unit. The two gentleman were really helpful. They won't even let me touch my own stuff and help them. On the way back to Texas, I had to call because they were estimating that it was going to be here a couple days after my husband was leaving for Kuwait. Since I wasn't going to be here in time to receive the shipment, I asked if there was any way we could make it sooner because that's the reason why I picked them to move the stuff on that day and they accommodated me.

The only thing that I didn't like was they requested weight tickets for drop off because I'm trying to get half of my moving expenses reimbursed through the military. They didn't send me enough of the weight tickets to get it done so we're going to see if we can write it off on our taxes instead. Other than that, everybody that I dealt with was great. I would definitely recommend them to someone else.

Original review: May 29, 2017

Damaged my 55 inch and 32 in flat screens. First the movers were to call me to let me know they were on their way to storage facility to pick up furniture. He calls me after he is already at the storage facility. I lived at least 40 minutes away so by the time l get there he is complaining about how late l am. Secondly, the truck they have is not large enough to accommodate all my items so l had to leave some of them in storage. The problem was they were to also pick up items from a one bedroom apartment after they were finished at the storage facility.

After loading the truck with what they could, we headed to the 2nd location to pick up items. My husband informed them of what was to be moved and what was to stay. They complained about how much stuff they had to move even though there were 3 of them. They even tried to collect an additional $500 by suggesting the 3 of them would come back over the weekend and move the additional items in storage but we would have to supply the truck.

The televisions were not packed properly and that is why they suffered damages. I filed a claim for damages and it was denied. One of the reasons they stated is that l refused proper packing by the movers. This is not true. I will file a complaint with the BBB and the Attorney General of MD. They cannot damage materials and then refuse to pay for them. My advice is to not use this company.

Original review: May 26, 2017

My experience with Rolls Van Lines was bad. I moved because I bought a new house, and the move was 30 minutes away, so it’s not that far. I asked them to bring my laundry machine from the old house to the new house and vice versa. The movers and the workers were fine. However, the overall experience got messed up because of the CEO, his name is Andrew. Everything started at the top. The workers were perfect and very nice. However, there were few things that broke. But if I drive them out, I probably would have broken them too because it was too heavy so I understand and that's okay. That happens in any kind of moving.

After the move, I sent a check with them and for some reason, the check was bounced. Then the CEO/owner started yelling. He was saying that I was trying to steal his money and he charged my credit card. I told him that I had money in the account and there’s no reason for it to bounce. That there's something’s wrong with the check. They need to actually check because I still have over $20,000 in that checking account that I gave him. He charged me three times and it was $1050 each time. I paid him $3150 plus the $50 for the credit card. I called my bank and told them that this is fraud. I don’t know what the bank did but $2100 came back.

I insulted him just like he insulted me, then he hung up and I called him back. I asked him how he can hang up with customer service and he said that he's the CEO and he doesn't need any customer service. The CEO needs to get his act together. He's talking to me like he’s somebody from the streets. He doesn’t just call the customer and tell them that they are trying to steal his money and then charge their credit card.

Rolls Van Lines, LLC expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Rolls Van Lines, LLC is a company that offers residential, commercial and governmental moving and storage services. Rolls Van Lines has several types of specialists working for its clients. This helps ensure that the company can provide the logistical and physical services needed to meet the needs of individuals, companies and government agencies.

• Packing services: They provide packing services for local, long-distance and international moves for individual and commercial clients.

• Storage services: Rolls Van Lines has five storage facilities located in Maryland, D.C., Virginia and Miami to match the needs of clients who need secure, dry places to store any variety of items

• Local moving: Local moving services include logistics and secure equipment to make sure items arrive on time and undamaged so clients can immediately move into their new homes or offices.

• Free quotes: Free quotes from Rolls Van Lines can help potential clients make informed decisions when choosing service providers.

• Best for: Families, businesses and government agencies.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs