3.81/5
Based on 79 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover the right moving company for you

Neighbors Moving & Storage

At Neighbors Moving & Storage we are committed to making your moving experience quick and easy. We find that a positive moving experience starts with a positive crew so we put emphasis on having a great customer care team to take care of all your moving needs.

Moving can be a stressful time so Neighbors offers our valued customers a number of services to assist in your move, such as, auto-transport, concierge utility assistance and even air-conditioned storage options. Neighbors also offers both long and short distance moves and supplies you need to start packing. Let us lend a hand and help make your moving experience a success.

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

86 Neighbors Moving & Storage Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

They are horrible. I have video of them dropping things, smoking instead of working, and sitting in the truck for 15 min instead of delivering our furniture to our house. They broke an executive desk, which they did not reimburse. They also did not return the money that they were supposed to refund because they did not work for the full amount of time. When we called about this, they said the owner’s wife handles all the refunds, and that she’ll call us back. 3 months later still no phone call. Even after repeated attempts of us calling them, they kept giving us the runaround! Don’t use them! RIP off! Spread the word to never use them! Save your money, there are better companies than Neighborhood Movers!

Original review: June 5, 2018

My experience with this company was terrible. The only thing they did well was talk me into using their services. I had decided NOT to go with them and a gentleman named Phillip did a great sales pitch on the phone, offered me a few discounts and earned my business. It was a promising start but it all quickly went downhill from there. The movers were scheduled to come at 8am but instead showed up at 12:37pm. This was an absolute disaster because my fiancee was supposed to be available to help but he had to leave for work at 1pm so I was left to help with the heavy lifting on my own. Phillip's excuse was that he accidentally wrote in the notes that I was scheduled for the afternoon.

Next, they promised "3 of their best movers" instead I got two of their worst. One of the guys had only been with the company 3 weeks and was clearly not trained. He didn't even know how to shrink wrap the furniture, which I was promised. They were slow and careless. None of my furniture was properly wrapped. Things were damaged and dirtied during the move. I was also not prepared properly as I did not find out until they arrived they do not unhook plumbing. Phillip told me on the phone that "they would take care of breaking down and reassembling EVERYTHING". This actually would not have been a problem had they come on time because my man would have been there to help. But instead, I ended up having to have my 3 teenage sons dropped off and we did half of the labor ourselves to help them!!!

Upon arriving at new location, my very expensive Italian couch was torn and the mover tried to force my refrigerator through the front door without wrapping it causing major damage to the exterior of it, and there were other minor tears and dings to various items. Things continued to go downhill when payment time came. I had made it VERY CLEAR to Phillip that I needed a flat 3 hour flat rate move and that I would not under any circumstances pay one penny more. Part of his sales pitch was that he assured me that his "professional and experienced movers" would know how to get it done in 3 hours or less and if they seemed like they were going to go over they would stop and leave the rest for me to move. I agreed to that, but surely they ended up going over and attempted to charge me for the extra time.

I of course did not pay it, but the audacity of them trying to charge me for it when I told the booking agent, the owner and the movers prior to them going over that I would not pay a penny over 3 hours was simply appalling. Then it was time to deal with the damaged items. They attempted to get me to sign a waiver AFTER damaging my stuff, which I refused. And then said they would send me a claim form in the mail for my damages which 2 weeks later I still have not received. Icing on the cake, the movers left half of their moving materials at my old apartment (tape, blankets, tools, shrink wrap)... all more junk I had to clean up in the aftermath of this disaster.

To their credit, the movers were very nice, just not good at what they were getting paid for, but for their kind demeanor they still got a $20 tip. Today, I am still waiting for the damages to my furniture to be paid for, but even if and when that happens this has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I have friends and family that would have moved me for free. The only reason I paid for this service is because I DIDN'T WANT ANY DAMAGE TO MY FURNITURE AND I DIDN'T WANT THE HASSLE OF MOVING THINGS MYSELF, but I still had to deal with both for a hefty price tag!!! Their discounts were NOT worth it. You get what you pay for and I paid for a backbreaking, furniture damaging, headache of a day! Do not use Neighborhood Moving & Storage. Rent a truck and pay your church members, neighbors or family to help you. Or, just shell out the extra money to have a truly professional company move you. Word to the wise #NoSocks!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 9, 2017

I hired Neighbors Moving to move my furniture from Coral Springs to Stuart, FL. The rep that came to my house to estimate the cost said I did not have to empty my drawers unless they had breakables as they kept them standing straight up. This seemed wonderful as I didn't have to pack/unpack. The day of the move the truck said Delta Force Movers. The workers said Delta Force had bought Neighbors. I saw 1 of the workers turn my dresser on its side and said they were not suppose to do that. They said not to worry that if there was nothing breakable it would be OK.

It wasn't OK. Things from the one side fell into the other side - all of the drawers were damaged. They also broke a glass in my antique china cabinet and they said not worry it would be fixed - they even wrote about the breakage on the invoice. I filed a claim and called at least 15 times and no one responded. I filed a complaint with BBB. Neighbors nor Delta Force ever called me and didn't own up to BBB.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

DRIVER IS THREATENING, MOVERS ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND BREAK MANY ITEMS. This company lies to you on the front end when you are deciding whether to use their moving services. They tell you all the things you want to hear, like how careful their moving men are and that their moving men are like their family and work for their company.

Come to find out, when the movers show up, some of them look like Ex-convicts and play loud vulgar music and the driver Deimeetrius is very threatening. Since you have already made arrangements to be out of your house and into your new house on a short turn around, you have no choice but to let them complete your move. The driver's name was Deimeetrius and he literally sneered at us and ignored us and acted angry and aggressive toward us even though we had done nothing to invite this. He made us sign the moving paperwork but he wouldn't even give us time to read it first so we did not know what it even said. They broke half our goods. This company should not be in business.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

This mover apparently subbed out my move and 3 men could not get my belongings less than 5 miles without ruining half of them. They also completely consumed every ounce of water and soda I had. I didn't know this was part of my responsibility and they talked more than they worked. Price quoted has not been honored and trying to work with their claim company, CSI, is a nightmare. Something so simple has become a complete nightmare. Stay away from this company!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neighbors Moving & Storage?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

When I moved from one condo to another, I had several other estimates that were little lower than Neighbors, but I stayed with them because of good attitude of the guy I spoke to. He was the only one who sent me something in writing and gave me an estimate, putting down the number of items that I had to take, and he came here. The crew went above and beyond the call of duty as well. Everyone involved was a gentleman, and knew what he was doing. Anybody that I know who is moving, they will have Neighbors' number. You couldn't ask for better movers.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

We were moving from Weston to Port Saint Lucie and one time, we saw Neighbors Moving & Storage's truck parked somewhere. We eventually got their service. Their crew were nice and personable, until the very end when they held our TV for hostage. They said that they won't drop off the TV until we sign the papers. I've never done a deal like that before. Other than that, the crew were professional and did a good job. They were fast in doing the move and there were no scratches or anything broken with my things. I would recommend them, except for the last part of the moving process.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

Worst move ever... I tipped $100/man each way. They stole my sterling silver and my power tools! They were a day late with delivery (we had to sleep on the floor of our new house). They kept telling us they would be there in an hour until 8:00PM when I could no longer reach them. They lied, they stole everything that was made of silver including a Sterling silverware set and there was a lot of breakage... Things like glasses and dishes were poorly packed. One box was totally crushed. Please don't use this company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

This was a horrible moving experience. Crew arrived late and did not complete the job until after 10 pm the day after the scheduled move. Items were going into Neighbor's storage facility in Pompano Beach, FL then delivered a couple months later to a different address. Pickup crew did not protect furniture as they moved it onto the trucks and were very rude and abusive to me and my wife on the second day. Delivery was made 3 months later to Doral, FL and there is more than $2000 in damages and over $6000 in items not delivered. Items include TVs, dresser, coffee table, box springs, etc...

Office is not helpful in finding the items and states to just file a claim. This company has terrible customer service and has done significant damage to my property. Losses to property are also significant. Do not do business with Neighbor's as they are poor in every aspect of moving and storage. This was the absolute worst experience I've had in more than 40 years of my moving experiences.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

My husband and I used Neighbors Moving and Storage to move from one building to the building next door in our condo community. First floor to first floor. No stairs or elevators. We thought it would be easy and hassle free but it was everything but. The movers worked quickly and at the end of the move they were given a tip. The guys were not satisfied with the tip so one of the guys came back and asked for more money. My husband felt obligated and gave them a little more but they still seem dissatisfied and left.

After the move we noticed that the hallway ceiling light was cracked from being hit by furniture. We also noticed that our kids' chairs were missing. These are two kids’ chairs from Pottery Barn that cost $40 each. We contacted the company and they said they didn't know where the chairs went. How do you lose 2 chairs from one building to the building right next to it?? The manager said the movers had no other job after ours so they couldn't have stayed on the truck, but during the move the guys had mentioned that they DID have another job after ours. When I told the manager this he said he tells his movers that they have other jobs so that they hurry up. Lying to the employees so they do their work?? Doesn't seem very professional to me!!

The company directed me to a website where I could file a claim but the site kept logging me out. When I asked the company to reimburse me for the chairs they said they would only pay 60 cents…(yes you heard that right...CENTS!!!) per pound of weight for the lost items. So for my kids' two chairs that cost $40 each I would get less than $10.00!!! What is to keep this company from stealing people's things when they only pay 60 CENTS per lb that the item weighs?? In conclusion, if you are looking for a moving company, do yourself a favor and NEVER hire this company!! They will steal or damage your things and avoid all responsibility for their mistake!!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2015

The Neighbors Moving and Storage guys were really good and everything went great. They worked very hard, and their crew was one of the best we’ve had in moving - ever. I had too much stuff and it's too heavy, and complicated since it had three stops. I was thinking this can get screwed up so easy, but it was excellent.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

Neighbors Moving & Storage is a wonderful company. They did a good job. However, I was disappointed that I had a purse in the drawer (it had about $50-$60 and quarters) that was gone but I can't condemn the whole company because of that. Other than that, everything was perfect and done very nicely. I would still recommend them.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

During my move, the crew from Neighbors was very polite and professional. They were on time and worked with my schedule because I had to move the same day and close my house. I had to readjust the time within 24 hours and they were great on helping me. It was an excellent experience.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

We were in a 3-bedroom house for 15 years. Then we moved less than a mile and a half away. We got Neighbors Moving & Storage which we had heard about through a referral. The crew guys were helpful and very good during our move. It wasn't a far move we did with Neighbors, but regardless, they did everything they said they would do. So if I had to move again, I would be using them again. They did what we needed them to do and it was a very nice experience.

I did have to call them up again to see if they would move some more stuff to a storage unit. But unfortunately, we couldn't go with them on that one because it was less than $150 to move the whole house. That was a little bit unfair but that was a different scenario. So I ended up doing that myself. It took me about 8 hours, but I had the time. Other than that, our overall experience with Neighbors was very good. I saw their trucks the other day on the road and I had a smile on my face. It was not the easiest thing to do -- to move -- and Neighbors made it very easy and convenient because they were quick, professional and courteous.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2015

I had an excellent experience with Neighbors Moving & Storage and have used them twice. I had a partial move and then a full move. They were good! The guys were professional and on time. They wrapped some of my good stuff really well. Nothing was damaged and broken.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

I used Neighbors because it was too much for me to move on my own. The crew was phenomenal and professional all around. I don't usually recommend people for anything, but would recommend them. I have a friend who's a realtor and I said, "If you ever need a moving company, use them."

Original review: Aug. 19, 2015

Neighbors was very nice to me, and they understood my circumstances – I’m disabled and not allowed to pick up a lot of stuff. We were moving three or four blocks from where we were. The person we spoke to prepared the move and called me to make sure that everything I wanted to be done was done. They understood me perfectly, so I have no complaints. I’d recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2015

My experience with Neighbors has been efficient and easy. I called a couple of companies but I liked their quote, plus their crew was very friendly. I'd probably tell a friend about using Neighbors in the future.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

We had an excellent experience with Neighbors. It's all good all around. We will recommend them to other people.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Everything went perfect. I would recommend Neighbors Moving & Storage.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

Neighbors Moving was great. They were very friendly and timely.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

I had a very good experience with Neighbors Moving & Storage. It wasn't a big move but the gentlemen who came were professional and helpful.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I was going to use a moving company so I went with Neighbors Moving since they gave me the best quote. It was a residential move and the actual day was a good experience. It was the after I had trouble. They overcharged me and it took me multiple attempts to get them to issue the credit. That was my one problem but everything else was a good experience.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I chose Neighbors because they are reputable but they bite more than they can chew. They have their own story but they don't have any adequate manpower or equipment. Their crew are pretty good but my experience was very disappointing. The schedule wasn't kept - they never showed up on the first day of packing. It was originally set for about 10:00 AM but after so many phone calls, they informed me that the crew will be here at 6:30 PM. They kept on excusing that they're coming. In my condo, there's a regulation that anybody can't come in for business after 6:30 PM so I canceled for the day. The next morning, they should be here at 8 AM and then I realized this person will be coming around 10:30 to help in packing and loading. And then believe it or not, he came to see me about 230 miles from the house I lived to move to new location.

Original review: July 23, 2015

We were downsizing. The guys that moved us were fine, but the administration was very disorganized. The people running the organization are incompetent. I would never use them again.

Original review: July 18, 2015

I was thinking about doing my move on my own, but that was impossible. I decided to use Neighbors instead. Their salesperson presented well, was very accommodating and gave us a good price. They were efficient in making the move, but no one told me that they were going to be turning stuff upside down. I spent hours folding all my clothes and putting them on the drawers, my fish tank had sand and seashells put in it and all were upside down after the move. But even after the minor complaints, they were still good, so I’d definitely recommend them.

Original review: July 17, 2015

When I bought a condo in another city, I moved a lot of stuff on my own, and what I could not I used Neighbors and they did a good job.

Original review: July 13, 2015

I'm moving from one apartment to the other and want to use the movers so I don't have to carry anything by myself. I went online and looked for different movers. I compared prices and liked Neighbors Moving & Storage. Their people were very friendly. I was worried, but they did a great job. The only thing I was very disappointed was one of my columns got cracked. They told me it was broken, just a little tap, but they didn’t tell me there was a crack right in the middle. I’m totally careful with those kinds of columns. Other than that, everything else was perfect and in good condition. I would recommend them to anybody. I would use them again because they did the job in two and a half hours. I made an agreement to pay four hours, but I was happy with the service.

Original review: July 11, 2015

Neighbors were great. The guys were all good, did a good job, no problem at all. I've moved a few times and the only thing is that it took longer than we have anticipated and I was quoted a price for so many hours but then it ended up being more.

Original review: July 10, 2015

I had a good experience with Neighbors Moving. The crew was productive and polite and if I move again, I will use them.

Neighbors Moving & Storage expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Neighbors Moving and Storage is a family-owned business with over 60 years of experience. It covers a variety of locations, including cities in Florida and Colorado.

• Residential and business moving: Neighbors works with both residential customers and businesses to help them with their moving needs.

• Expertise: Their movers are experts at packing and unpacking and have a reputation for getting even large, expensive items moved safely in their targeted locations.

• Storage options: While you are getting settled and relocating, the company can provide you with storage options you can take advantage of until you are able to move into your new home or office space.

• Long-distance moving: Neighbors performs both local and long distance moves.

• Family owned: This is a family-owned business that takes pride in nurturing personal relationships with every client.

• Best for: Corporations, households, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs