3.78/5

Compare Movers

Neighbors Moving & Storage

At Neighbors Moving & Storage we are committed to making your moving experience quick and easy. We find that a positive moving experience starts with a positive crew so we put emphasis on having a great customer care team to take care of all your moving needs.

Moving can be a stressful time so Neighbors offers our valued customers a number of services to assist in your move, such as, auto-transport, concierge utility assistance and even air-conditioned storage options. Neighbors also offers both long and short distance moves and supplies you need to start packing. Let us lend a hand and help make your moving experience a success.

View More View More

Compare Movers

Neighbors Moving & Storage Reviews

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Wow is all I have to say about this weekend. I called and set up an appointment for Saturday December 15th at 8 am. I got a Text on Thursday December 13th that said the movers would be at my address at 8 am to 9 am December 15th. At 9:15 I sent a text saying, "Where are you guys." Got a call at 9:30 asking me if I got a confirmation on the day and time. I sent you all the same text you sent me on the 8 am to 9 am start. 30 minutes later I get another call back saying now they were not going to be there until sometime between 1 pm and 3 pm. Well you guessed it. No one showed up at 3 pm. Tried calling several of your numbers including the one that called me. To my surprise (NOT!!!) no one answered and to boot the mailbox for all the numbers had not been set up. Totally unprofessional!!!

The driver finally called me at 3:45 pm and said they would be there between 4 and 4:30 pm. If you are doing the simple math here that is 8.5 hours late. In the meantime I had other things scheduled so I had to call and cancel and rearrange them. This will also cost me another day at work due to the rescheduling. I will likely never use your service again. I will likely write multiple reviews on your company. I work for a family owned business just like yours and I would never treat our customers this way. By the sounds of your drivers this occurrence happens often. In business you often get one shot to make you successful. In small family business this is way more important. Heck it's important just to do the right thing.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

They are horrible. I have video of them dropping things, smoking instead of working, and sitting in the truck for 15 min instead of delivering our furniture to our house. They broke an executive desk, which they did not reimburse. They also did not return the money that they were supposed to refund because they did not work for the full amount of time. When we called about this, they said the owner’s wife handles all the refunds, and that she’ll call us back. 3 months later still no phone call. Even after repeated attempts of us calling them, they kept giving us the runaround! Don’t use them! RIP off! Spread the word to never use them! Save your money, there are better companies than Neighborhood Movers!

Get expert buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2018

My experience with this company was terrible. The only thing they did well was talk me into using their services. I had decided NOT to go with them and a gentleman named Phillip did a great sales pitch on the phone, offered me a few discounts and earned my business. It was a promising start but it all quickly went downhill from there. The movers were scheduled to come at 8am but instead showed up at 12:37pm. This was an absolute disaster because my fiancee was supposed to be available to help but he had to leave for work at 1pm so I was left to help with the heavy lifting on my own. Phillip's excuse was that he accidentally wrote in the notes that I was scheduled for the afternoon.

Next, they promised "3 of their best movers" instead I got two of their worst. One of the guys had only been with the company 3 weeks and was clearly not trained. He didn't even know how to shrink wrap the furniture, which I was promised. They were slow and careless. None of my furniture was properly wrapped. Things were damaged and dirtied during the move. I was also not prepared properly as I did not find out until they arrived they do not unhook plumbing. Phillip told me on the phone that "they would take care of breaking down and reassembling EVERYTHING". This actually would not have been a problem had they come on time because my man would have been there to help. But instead, I ended up having to have my 3 teenage sons dropped off and we did half of the labor ourselves to help them!!!

Upon arriving at new location, my very expensive Italian couch was torn and the mover tried to force my refrigerator through the front door without wrapping it causing major damage to the exterior of it, and there were other minor tears and dings to various items. Things continued to go downhill when payment time came. I had made it VERY CLEAR to Phillip that I needed a flat 3 hour flat rate move and that I would not under any circumstances pay one penny more. Part of his sales pitch was that he assured me that his "professional and experienced movers" would know how to get it done in 3 hours or less and if they seemed like they were going to go over they would stop and leave the rest for me to move. I agreed to that, but surely they ended up going over and attempted to charge me for the extra time.

I of course did not pay it, but the audacity of them trying to charge me for it when I told the booking agent, the owner and the movers prior to them going over that I would not pay a penny over 3 hours was simply appalling. Then it was time to deal with the damaged items. They attempted to get me to sign a waiver AFTER damaging my stuff, which I refused. And then said they would send me a claim form in the mail for my damages which 2 weeks later I still have not received. Icing on the cake, the movers left half of their moving materials at my old apartment (tape, blankets, tools, shrink wrap)... all more junk I had to clean up in the aftermath of this disaster.

To their credit, the movers were very nice, just not good at what they were getting paid for, but for their kind demeanor they still got a $20 tip. Today, I am still waiting for the damages to my furniture to be paid for, but even if and when that happens this has left such a bitter taste in my mouth. I have friends and family that would have moved me for free. The only reason I paid for this service is because I DIDN'T WANT ANY DAMAGE TO MY FURNITURE AND I DIDN'T WANT THE HASSLE OF MOVING THINGS MYSELF, but I still had to deal with both for a hefty price tag!!! Their discounts were NOT worth it. You get what you pay for and I paid for a backbreaking, furniture damaging, headache of a day! Do not use Neighborhood Moving & Storage. Rent a truck and pay your church members, neighbors or family to help you. Or, just shell out the extra money to have a truly professional company move you. Word to the wise #NoSocks!

Original review: March 9, 2017

I hired Neighbors Moving to move my furniture from Coral Springs to Stuart, FL. The rep that came to my house to estimate the cost said I did not have to empty my drawers unless they had breakables as they kept them standing straight up. This seemed wonderful as I didn't have to pack/unpack. The day of the move the truck said Delta Force Movers. The workers said Delta Force had bought Neighbors. I saw 1 of the workers turn my dresser on its side and said they were not suppose to do that. They said not to worry that if there was nothing breakable it would be OK.

It wasn't OK. Things from the one side fell into the other side - all of the drawers were damaged. They also broke a glass in my antique china cabinet and they said not worry it would be fixed - they even wrote about the breakage on the invoice. I filed a claim and called at least 15 times and no one responded. I filed a complaint with BBB. Neighbors nor Delta Force ever called me and didn't own up to BBB.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

DRIVER IS THREATENING, MOVERS ARE TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL AND BREAK MANY ITEMS. This company lies to you on the front end when you are deciding whether to use their moving services. They tell you all the things you want to hear, like how careful their moving men are and that their moving men are like their family and work for their company.

Come to find out, when the movers show up, some of them look like Ex-convicts and play loud vulgar music and the driver Deimeetrius is very threatening. Since you have already made arrangements to be out of your house and into your new house on a short turn around, you have no choice but to let them complete your move. The driver's name was Deimeetrius and he literally sneered at us and ignored us and acted angry and aggressive toward us even though we had done nothing to invite this. He made us sign the moving paperwork but he wouldn't even give us time to read it first so we did not know what it even said. They broke half our goods. This company should not be in business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Neighbors Moving & Storage?

Original review: Nov. 1, 2015

This mover apparently subbed out my move and 3 men could not get my belongings less than 5 miles without ruining half of them. They also completely consumed every ounce of water and soda I had. I didn't know this was part of my responsibility and they talked more than they worked. Price quoted has not been honored and trying to work with their claim company, CSI, is a nightmare. Something so simple has become a complete nightmare. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2015

When I moved from one condo to another, I had several other estimates that were little lower than Neighbors, but I stayed with them because of good attitude of the guy I spoke to. He was the only one who sent me something in writing and gave me an estimate, putting down the number of items that I had to take, and he came here. The crew went above and beyond the call of duty as well. Everyone involved was a gentleman, and knew what he was doing. Anybody that I know who is moving, they will have Neighbors' number. You couldn't ask for better movers.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2015

We were moving from Weston to Port Saint Lucie and one time, we saw Neighbors Moving & Storage's truck parked somewhere. We eventually got their service. Their crew were nice and personable, until the very end when they held our TV for hostage. They said that they won't drop off the TV until we sign the papers. I've never done a deal like that before. Other than that, the crew were professional and did a good job. They were fast in doing the move and there were no scratches or anything broken with my things. I would recommend them, except for the last part of the moving process.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

Worst move ever... I tipped $100/man each way. They stole my sterling silver and my power tools! They were a day late with delivery (we had to sleep on the floor of our new house). They kept telling us they would be there in an hour until 8:00PM when I could no longer reach them. They lied, they stole everything that was made of silver including a Sterling silverware set and there was a lot of breakage... Things like glasses and dishes were poorly packed. One box was totally crushed. Please don't use this company.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

This was a horrible moving experience. Crew arrived late and did not complete the job until after 10 pm the day after the scheduled move. Items were going into Neighbor's storage facility in Pompano Beach, FL then delivered a couple months later to a different address. Pickup crew did not protect furniture as they moved it onto the trucks and were very rude and abusive to me and my wife on the second day. Delivery was made 3 months later to Doral, FL and there is more than $2000 in damages and over $6000 in items not delivered. Items include TVs, dresser, coffee table, box springs, etc...

Office is not helpful in finding the items and states to just file a claim. This company has terrible customer service and has done significant damage to my property. Losses to property are also significant. Do not do business with Neighbor's as they are poor in every aspect of moving and storage. This was the absolute worst experience I've had in more than 40 years of my moving experiences.

Neighbors Moving & Storage expert review by Janine Sarna-Jones

Neighbors Moving and Storage is a family-owned business with over 60 years of experience. It covers a variety of locations, including cities in Florida and Colorado.

• Residential and business moving: Neighbors works with both residential customers and businesses to help them with their moving needs.

• Expertise: Their movers are experts at packing and unpacking and have a reputation for getting even large, expensive items moved safely in their targeted locations.

• Storage options: While you are getting settled and relocating, the company can provide you with storage options you can take advantage of until you are able to move into your new home or office space.

• Long-distance moving: Neighbors performs both local and long distance moves.

• Family owned: This is a family-owned business that takes pride in nurturing personal relationships with every client.

• Best for: Corporations, households, individuals and military families.

Profile picture of Janine Sarna-Jones
      Janine Sarna-Jones Moving Expert

Janine Sarna-Jones is a Certified Professional Organizer and Move Manager. She is the founder and president of Organize Me Inc. and has been helping people get organized at work and at home since 1992. A member of the inaugural class of Certified Personal Organizers and board member of the National Association of Productivity and Organizing, Janine has helped a broad range of clients, including corporate executives, small business owners, real-estate agents, moms, artists, therapists, and non-profit organizations.

Neighbors Moving & Storage Company Information