First National Van Lines

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks:

JK Moving Services

JK Moving Services Reviews

About First National Van Lines

First National Van Lines is a moving carrier and broker that helps safely move belongings from one place to another. It provides multiple moving services, including packing and unpacking, long-distance moves, international moves, local moves and business moves. With over 1,000 agents in the U.S., First National Van Lines has helped over 25,000 people with the moving process.

Pros & Cons

Pros
    • Full-service moving options
    • Facilitates international moves
    • Uses latest moving technology
    Cons
    • Long quote process
    • Pricing not available on website

First National Van Lines Reviews

Stars Rating

• 56%
    • 24%
    • 7%
    • 1%
    • 12%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Van Lines?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Van Lines?
      MoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed March 29, 2024

From the moment I contacted First National Van Lines, I felt like I was in the hands of family. They treated my belongings as if they were their own grandmother's heirlooms – with care and respect. The team went above and beyond to accommodate my schedule and preferences. Moving felt less like a chore and more like a journey with supportive companions. Thank you for turning a potentially stressful experience into a heartwarming memory!

MoversDamagePacking

Reviewed March 28, 2024

First National Van Lines deserves every bit of praise for their five-star service. From the moment we reached out to them, their team exhibited a level of professionalism and attentiveness that was truly commendable. They took the time to understand our unique requirements and provided personalized solutions to ensure a smooth and stress-free move. On the day of the move, their crew arrived punctually and worked tirelessly to pack, load, and transport our belongings with care. What impressed us the most was their unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction – they went above and beyond to address any concerns and ensure that everything arrived at our new home safely. Without a doubt, First National Van Lines has set the bar high for moving companies, and we would highly recommend their services to anyone in need.

Reviewed March 18, 2024

We went back and forth with a few movers. We were shopping the cost, for the most part. We settled on National because of cost, and a recommendation from a coworker, who had used them a few years back. The workers performed efficiently, and we couldn't be happier with the service we received.

Reviewed March 17, 2024

Choosing First National Van Lines was a decision we won't regret. The team's professionalism shone through from the initial consultation to the final delivery. They navigated challenges with ease, demonstrating adaptability and problem-solving skills. Our possessions were treated with the utmost care, and the level of service surpassed our expectations. If you're looking for a moving company that combines efficiency with a personal touch, First National Van Lines is the one.

Price

Reviewed March 8, 2024

I moved more things than I initially thought that I would. Almost twice as much, actually. I decided to take the contents of my small storage building. This added to the overall cost. I am a divorced mother of two, so money is tight. I explained my situation during the pickup, and was graciously given a 1st time customer discount. This really helped me out a lot. The company took care of us. I owe them a great review, and they definitely deserve it. All of you who helped us are wonderful people to deal with. Kindness is contagious, and these good folks get it.

Customer ServiceMovers

Reviewed March 6, 2024

We called First National Van Lines thinking they were the moving co that was moving us. We took a video using their attachment of the entire home, each room at a time. We got a call from Quality Assurance that they received the video and gave us a quote. He assured me that all of our items would be boxed or covered with moving blankets and protected, he assured me a few times "Don't worry. We will take good care of your items."

The day before the move I get a call from Solomon Bros that they would be at our home the next day to move us. They showed up the next day, walked the house and said it would be $4000 to protect all our items. I told him that I was assured the price was the price. He said sorry it will be $4000. So I said here is an example of moving company scams and dealing with brokers. They had us hostage!! I called Quality assurance department every half our, left messages, NO REPLY!!!!

They started moving and immediately no regards for the walls or property. After 2 hours they finally put card on the walls. They moved us in the following day with the same disregard of our new home, bang up walls and furniture. I reached out to the First National Vane Lines, never a response. PLEASE READ REVIEWS ON-LINE. YOU HEAR OF THE SCAMS BUT WHEN IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS IT IS DEVASTING.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedDamagePacking

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Initially, at the time of sale with First National Van Lines, we purchased services for a shared truck to pick up our belongings on January 13th for a quoted price of $5970.41. Jordan in Sales told us that the disassembly of our beds and desks was included in our pricing along with professional packaging/furniture padding for our TVs, Monitors, wall art, furniture, and mattresses. Jordan also told us that First National Van Lines values their quality service and they stand out from other companies because they are not a Brokerage and do not outsource to other moving companies. This later turned out to be false.

We were also advised at the time of sale that we would be given a 2–3-day window for delivery so we could make sure we were there in time for the movers; without arriving too early and being stuck for a week or more without furniture. 4 days before our move, I called Jordan to confirm everything was still on schedule and a delivery window would be provided as soon as possible. Jordan had then advised just 4 days before our scheduled move that there would be no guaranteed delivery date and they would not be able to provide a 2–3-day window. He proceeded to tell me there was a 7-14 business day lead time stated on my quote and there was no way for them to give me a more accurate delivery window as we approached our move date. Our deposit was also non-refundable.

We then requested updated pricing to have our own truck for the same date and asked if this would allow them to provide a more accurate delivery schedule. Jordan advised that they would be able to give us a better time frame of delivery if it was not a shared truck because it would be going straight to our destination after pickup. We agreed and received an updated quote of $9670. We then made an additional deposit and processed the transaction.

January 12th-13th. The moving company (Wild Safari Moving) called me the day before our scheduled pickup date (Friday, January 12th) to provide the time of pickup for the 13th. I was confused by this because we were told they did not outsource to other moving companies; however, I didn’t question it too much. The estimated arrival window we were provided with on that Friday evening was between 10 am and 12 pm on January 13th. At 9 am on January 13th, we received a call that their estimated time of arrival was now 1 pm due to bad weather.

At 1:30 pm, I had not received any update and they still had not arrived. I called the moving company and there was no answer. I then called John at First National and was advised he would provide me with a follow-up once he got ahold of the driver at Wild Safari Moving. I called again at 2 pm for an update as I had not heard back from either party. They advised they would be at our pickup location at 2:30 pm. I called once more at 2:45 as they still had not arrived. I received a call back advising them they would be there in 20 minutes. The movers finally arrived around 3 pm. We wasted a whole day waiting around for them because of poor communication.

They arrived in a rental Penske truck with little to no packaging materials. They also didn’t lay down any plastic or protective covering to protect floors from damage. In addition, they did not have professional boxing with foam inserts for our TVs and monitors like we were promised. They wrapped our monitors in paper. They also didn’t use any protective covers for our mattresses or rugs. They also didn’t use any type of wrapping or furniture pads for our furniture.

We called John ** from First National Van Lines who works in Dispatch and oversaw coordinating our move immediately to let him know that our belongings were not being properly packaged. He was very quick to dismiss our concerns and told us to “trust the process”. We were stuck. Had we canceled, we would have lost our hefty deposit and delayed our move…

After speaking with John, the madness continued…The men showed up without an Allen wrench or basic tools and they asked us to go to the store to buy tools because all of ours were already packed away in the truck. So, we went to Menards and bought some basic tools, and borrowed a screw gun from a family member close by. We ended up disassembling our bed frames because there were not enough workers to complete the job in a timely manner. (There were only 2 people for a 3 bed, 3 bath, 1900 sq. ft. townhome). Total pickup took 6.5 hours to complete.

During delivery, we were then told they wouldn’t help us re-assemble our beds because we had done it ourselves and it was a liability. We were pigeonholed in this situation and were forced to do the work ourselves once again late that night. We were nothing but kind to the movers, we provided them with tools, and we helped them where we could. We even bought them dinner at the time of pickup because it was getting late, and they were short-staffed.

Delivery: Like the pickup, there were not enough resources when they arrived for delivery. This time, there was only 1 worker to move in all our belongings. The moving company ended up calling two people locally to help at the last minute; they arrived 3 hours late. Once again, the movers didn’t put down any protective padding for flooring or walls during pickup and delivery. We now have a couple of small dings on the walls of our new home. After watching them drop our dinette table in our doorway and continuously hit the table against our door and walls, I asked them to leave it where it was, and I dismantled it to move it myself. At the time of delivery, I sent images to Kenny (at Wild Safari Moving) to let him know of the damage and find out where I could submit our claim. Later that day, one of the movers told us that we were being nit-picky about our things being damaged…

Conclusion: We are a younger couple who saved up our money to finally purchase nice furniture just a few months ago that we planned to keep for a long time. It saddens us to see that our brand-new dining table, dining chairs, TV stand, coffee table, side tables, rugs, lamps, computer monitor, and more are now damaged. We decided to spend more money on the moving service in hopes our belongings would be taken care of. However, many of our belongings are now damaged in some form due to the lack of care and packaging materials used by the moving company.

This entire operation was poorly managed, and we did not receive any of the services we paid for and were promised. Moving from Illinois to Nevada started as an exciting new chapter but shortly turned into a very stressful endeavor when dealing with First National Van Lines and Wild Safari Moving. Two days after I posted my review online, I was reached by a third-party mediator to resolve the issue. I was told that both First National Van Lines and Wild Safari Moving had agreed to make the situation right on their end. I agreed to take down my reviews to be civil in the matter.

Long story short, they rejected any compensation for our damaged belongings and the poor service we received. I truly believe this was just another attempt by the companies to save face online, hoping I wouldn’t re-post my review. Every moment dealing with them has been one lie after another. Don’t waste your time and money on this company.

timothy increased rating by 2 stars.
      Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage
      After a positive interaction with First National Van Lines, timothy increased their star rating on March 18, 2024.

Updated review: March 18, 2024

Company worked with me to improve my customer experience.

Original Review: Feb. 20, 2024

My experience with First National Van Lines has been nothing short of a nightmare. From misleading quotes to unethical practices, this company has shown a complete disregard for professionalism, transparency, and customer satisfaction. Initially, I was quoted $3,700 for my move, a figure that inexplicably ballooned to over $6,000 after my belongings were already in transit. This shocking price hike was communicated to me without warning or justification, leaving me in a vulnerable position with no choice but to comply.

To make matters worse, I discovered that First National Van Lines was not the actual mover but had brokered my move to another company, All State Relocation (MC# 804250), without my knowledge. This lack of transparency is unacceptable and misleading to customers who believe they are dealing directly with the service provider.

The day of the move was a fiasco. The driver, Tony, arrived with a truck full of someone else's belongings, causing unnecessary delays. He then presented me with an illegible document to sign under duress, exploiting my urgent need to vacate my property. Furthermore, Tony demanded full payment in cash before releasing my belongings, a demand that reeks of extortion.

Throughout this ordeal, I attempted to contact First National Van Lines' customer service at least ten times, only to be met with silence. No attempts were made to address my concerns or rectify the situation, showcasing a blatant disregard for customer care. To add insult to injury, upon unpacking, I discovered my 75-inch TV had a broken screen, and my Stihl BR800 backpack blower was missing. The loss and damage of these items have added a financial burden of $1,350 to the already inflated moving costs.

This experience has been distressing and financially draining. I caution anyone considering using First National Van Lines for their moving needs to think twice. The lack of accountability, professionalism, and ethical business practices I've encountered is alarming. Customers deserve transparency, fair pricing, and respectful treatment, none of which First National Van Lines seems capable of providing

Reviewed Feb. 13, 2024

I want to thank all of you who participated in our move. You are some of the nicest folks we could have hired. The service was wonderful. We are referring them to one of our friends, who is moving later this year. There are no negatives!

Reviewed Feb. 7, 2024

We started our journey in Massachusetts. We had the mover deliver our furniture to our new place in Vegas. The most noticeable thing about the move was the care taken with packing. They really did do a good job with that. Everyone we dealt with was nice, and acted professionally. I have no bad press for this company, and I'd hire them again if needed.

Reviewed Feb. 2, 2024

This mover rocks! The whole service was smooth and impressive. The best thing about our experience was the care that was taken with our furniture. I usually don't leave reviews but all of you deserve it. Thank you for all of your efforts.

MoversDamage

Reviewed Jan. 31, 2024

The movers did what I hired them to do. They safely got our things to Florida. We highly recommend. From pickup to delivery, the whole experience was positive. We would use this company again, without thinking about it. Thank you, everyone.

Reviewed Dec. 14, 2023

My name is Toliver and I chose this mover based solely upon their online reviews. They had less negative reviews than the other companies I took quotes from. Due to inclement weather they couldn't pick up my stuff till the second day. I understand that. My driveway can be tricky in the rain. The truck arrived on day two and they worked their tales off packing up my stuff. They did a very nice job. My stuff got delivered two days ago and I'm happy to report a four star review for these good folks. Hats off to you.

Reviewed Dec. 8, 2023

We hire National to move our home goods to Las Vegas. The people at National were efficient and kind. We feel like they could have delivered a bit sooner, but this is our first time using a moving company, so we don't fully understand the process through and through. I did tip the packers. I won't use any names here, but all 4 of them were very nice to us. They took the time to take proper care of our things, making sure they were packed well. A big thanks to all of you. We're in Vegas!!!

MoversDamage

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2023

We moved to Dallas, using this moving company. My husband and I feel they performed well. My husband's toolbox did arrive with a decent sized dent in it. The company's customer care department sent us insurance claim filing information. We have submitted the claim, and we are awaiting compensation. That was the only disconnect with our move. We're proud we hired this mover.

Damage

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2023

I am now in Phoenix and unpacked. I have discovered I am missing one box. It was holiday glassware. I called my rep guy and he said it's most-likely in the warehouse. They are searching for the box. I know things happen, so not a big deal. I had a really good experience otherwise. I am happy to report a four star review for a job well done!

Damage

Reviewed Oct. 31, 2023

Now the company moved us to Dallas and my toolbox got a dent in it now. They told me to file on their insurance. I did that last night. Long as the insurance pays I got no other complaints. I was told it will be paid within the next 30 days. Thanks.

MoversPunctuality & SpeedDamage

Reviewed Oct. 29, 2023

I can't express how satisfied I am with the services provided by First National Van Lines. From the moment I contacted them, I was met with professionalism and genuine care. The team was punctual, organized, and incredibly efficient. They handled my belongings with utmost care, ensuring nothing was damaged during the move. What impressed me the most was their transparency and honesty throughout the process. There were no hidden fees or surprises – just top-notch service from beginning to end. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend First National Van Lines to anyone in need of reliable and trustworthy movers.

Reviewed Oct. 23, 2023

First National Van Lines isn't just a moving company; they are a group of compassionate individuals who prioritize people above all else. Our recent move with them was a breeze, thanks to their dedicated and friendly team. They treated our belongings with respect and handled them with care. What impressed me the most was their willingness to go the extra mile to ensure our satisfaction. It's rare to find a company that combines professionalism with genuine human connection, and First National Van Lines does it brilliantly. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable, caring, and efficient moving partner.

Customer ServiceContract & TermsMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Oct. 21, 2023

We had a contract ** for $3560.00 with First National Van Lines (FNVL). The price was to be binding. FNVL did not do the move. They can buy contract broker. FNVL brokered the move to Unlimited. Moving and Storage (UM&S) a BBB C+. THIS BUSINESS IS NOT BBB ACCREDITED mover in Lincolnwood IL60712. UM&S increased the charge to $5129.00. In an arbitration with FNVL, their arbitrator ruled that UM&S had overcharged us by $1,351.50. FNVL offered no help. Efforts to communicate with BBB, FNVL, and UM&S have been unsuccessful. Buyer beware. Use known ethical companies for your move, even if more costly. Check BBB.

Do not deal or sign a contract with any company that brokers a move. Scan and search the contract for the word broker. Make that voice on the phone put in writing they do not broker. On move day do not accept any panic “We have to broker”. If in a bind, cancel your move and unleash your credit card company. Industry name companies are not likely to present a moving crisis.

On Dec 3, 2022, at 10:11 AM, FNVL arbitration. Robert. In 90% of cases, the customer's charges are correct, and if that had been the case, I would have closed the dispute. That's what I meant when I requested the paperwork from the carrier. I was not aware of the overcharge until I saw the paperwork. Also, if the carrier thinks I am advocating for the customer, It's a fight to get the paperwork most times in situations such as these. No, I am on your side with this, sir. I see exactly what took place, and you were overcharged. They should have only charged for 241 cubic feet. You may use this email to send to your bank if you need to do so, showing that I agree you were overcharged. You should not have paid any more than $3,560.00 for your move. Unlimited Moving and Storage overcharged you for 159 cubic feet at $8.50 per cubic foot. The overcharge amounts to $1,351.50.

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2023

My name is Wilma, and I just have to say that this mover is exceptional. The entire experience on our way to Washington, was pleasant, but not stress-free. Moving is a headache, but this company helped me so much, I felt compelled to post them a five star recommendation. All of my love to everyone who helped us get our things to our new home. You folks are a class act.

Reviewed Oct. 4, 2023

Let me begin, by telling everyone just how hard moving state to state is. It's one of the scariest things I have ever done as an adult. Leaving everything, and everyone I knew back in San Francisco, to move to Phoenix, where I knew no one was difficult. I moved for my job. I called moving companies and settled upon First National. They did a very nice job for me. My initial contact, Alia, stayed in contact with me throughout the move. I am extremely pleased with the services provided, and the professionalism of all was very much appreciated. This is a good moving company.

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2023

Our move went great. The packing crew was impressive. They worked as one unit kind of like Navy Seals. I am a former Seal, myself. That is the reason for the analogy. They did a phenomenal job, We could not have asked for a better moving service!

PriceMoversQuote Accuracy

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2023

We gathered quotes for our move to Miami from a few companies. We then researched the companies online. We chose First National because of the good reviews that we saw. The company did not let us down. They were a little more expensive than a couple of our other quotes, but I believe you get what you pay for. We definitely received a stellar service. We recommend First National, In a heartbeat to anyone looking for a good mover. Thanks, to everyone who helped us.

MoversPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

I recently moved with First National Van Lines, and I couldn't be happier with the service I received. From the initial consultation to the final delivery, their team was professional, efficient, and incredibly helpful. The movers were punctual, friendly, and handled my belongings with great care. The whole process was smooth and stress-free, and I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly and seamlessly everything was done. I highly recommend First National Van Lines to anyone looking for a reliable and trustworthy moving company. Their exceptional service made my move a breeze, and I'm truly grateful for their expertise and professionalism.

Customer ServiceMoversPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

I had a fantastic experience with First National Van Lines during my recent move. The entire team was outstanding, from the customer service representatives who helped me plan the move to the skilled movers who executed it flawlessly. They were prompt, efficient, and incredibly respectful of my belongings. What impressed me the most was their attention to detail and the level of care they put into packing and unpacking my fragile items. Everything arrived in perfect condition, and the entire process was hassle-free. I appreciate the dedication and hard work of the First National Van Lines team, and I wouldn't hesitate to use their services again in the future. Thank you for making my move a positive and memorable experience!

Customer ServicePriceMoversPacking

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

First National Van Lines exceeded my expectations in every way possible. From the moment I contacted them, I was met with professionalism and a genuine commitment to customer satisfaction. The team was highly organized, and their communication throughout the entire process was top-notch. The movers were skilled, courteous, and incredibly efficient. They took the stress out of moving and handled all my possessions with care. Additionally, their pricing was fair and transparent, with no hidden fees or surprises. Moving can be a daunting task, but First National Van Lines made it a smooth and pleasant experience. I wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone in need of a reliable and trustworthy moving company.

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Sept. 30, 2023

First National Van Lines made my cross-country move an absolute breeze! From the moment I contacted them for a quote to the final delivery of my belongings, their service was impeccable. Their team of movers demonstrated expertise and efficiency, and they even helped me with packing and unpacking. I appreciated the clear communication and the fact that they stuck to the agreed-upon schedule. Moving can be incredibly stressful, but First National Van Lines made it a smooth and worry-free experience. I can't thank them enough for their outstanding service!

MoversQuote AccuracyPunctuality & SpeedPacking

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

I recently hired First National Van Lines for my long-distance move, and I couldn't be happier with their service. From the very beginning, their team was professional, responsive, and accommodating. They provided a detailed estimate, and there were no hidden fees or surprises. The movers were punctual, efficient, and handled my belongings with care. My move went smoothly, and all my items arrived in perfect condition. I highly recommend First National Van Lines for a stress-free and reliable moving experience!

Customer ServicePriceMoversQuote AccuracyDamage

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2023

Their transparent pricing was a welcome surprise. The estimate they provided was detailed and accurate, and there were no hidden fees. The moving crew was efficient and treated my belongings with the utmost care. They even took extra precautions with my fragile items. Communication throughout the move was outstanding. I always knew what was happening, and their estimated arrival times were incredibly precise. Unpacking was a breeze thanks to their careful labeling. Every item was in perfect condition. What truly sets First National Van Lines apart is their unwavering commitment to making my move feel like a dream. They went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction, and I couldn't be happier. If you're looking for a moving company that turns your dreams of a smooth move into reality, First National Van Lines is the one to choose.

First National Van Lines Company Information

First National Van Lines
      firstnationalvl.com

Check out our buyers guide top picks

Our Buyers Guide Top Picks: