4.7/5 (26 ratings)
Author picture
Written by
Edited by

About First National Van Lines

First National Van Lines is a moving carrier and broker that helps safely move belongings from one place to another. It provides multiple moving services, including packing and unpacking, long-distance moves, international moves, local moves and business moves. With over 1,000 agents in the U.S., First National Van Lines has helped over 25,000 people with the moving process.

Pros

• Full-service moving options
  • Facilitates international moves
  • Uses latest moving technology

Cons

• Long quote process
  • Pricing not available on website

Bottom Line

First National Van Lines helps take the stress out of moving. This company takes care of everything from packing up your belongings to unpacking them in your new location. It can move you across the street or around the world.

What is First National Van Lines?

First National Van Lines is a moving carrier and broker that helps arrange full-service moves for residential and commercial customers. It provides international moving services to over 150 countries. This company can also help with shorter moves, whether within the same city or crossing state lines.

First National Van Lines services

First National Van Lines offers various moving and relocation services, including:

• Long-distance moving: First National Van Lines connects you with experienced long-distance movers to ensure all of your things arrive undamaged at your new location.
  • Residential moving: First National Van Lines creates a personalized moving plan to move your entire household from one location to another. It uses only experienced movers to keep the process hassle-free.
  • Commercial moving: First National Van Lines emphasizes minimizing your company’s downtime. The goal is to get your business up and running again as soon as possible in your new location.
  • Local moving: The company can assist if you need to move a short distance within the same area. In addition, you can add on services such as packing, unpacking, housecleaning, storage and electronics installation.
  • International moving: First National Van Lines can help you move nearly anywhere in the world. It offers global property protection and customs clearance management to ensure your belongings arrive safely.

First National Van Lines costs

First National Van Lines doesn’t publish pricing information. In order to get a quote, you need to fill out a form. Then, a move coordinator will reach out to gather additional information. You’ll also submit an inventory of the belongings you need moved.

After reviewing your inventory, your coordinator will discuss your options for the move. They will prepare a detailed quote and even give you some recommendations to lower the cost of your move.

First National Van Lines FAQ

Does First National Van Lines offer packing and storage?

Yes, First National Van Lines provides full-service moves. This includes securely packing up your belongings in your old location and unpacking them in your new one. Storage options are also available if you need them.

Where is First National Van Lines available?

First National Van Lines can coordinate moves in any part of the U.S. and around the world.

Is First National Van Lines a carrier or broker?

First National Van Lines is both a moving carrier and broker. As a broker, it coordinates and arranges for your items to be moved by a carrier that’s registered with the Department of Transportation. It also has its own fleet to perform moves itself.

Is First National Van Lines licensed and insured?

According to the Department of Transportation website, at the time of publishing, First National Van Lines is registered as a household goods moving broker and carrier.

Is First National Van Lines legit?

First National Van Lines is a legitimate moving company that can help make your moving process less stressful. If you’re looking to make a complicated move, you may appreciate the detailed planning First National Van Lines puts into moving logistics. Keep in mind that the company is both a broker and a carrier; make sure you understand whether the company is moving your belongings itself or is connecting you with a carrier.

First National Van Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about First National Van Lines?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

I just recently hired First National Van Lines to help me move and I can confidently say that they are the best moving company I have ever used. The entire process was so easy, with their staff being incredibly helpful and friendly. They were very careful with my belongings and got everything from point A to point B in no time at all! If you're looking for a reliable and efficient moving company, First National Van Lines is the one to go for!

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2023

I recently used this company for my move from Florida to California. They were very professional, friendly and accommodating. The crew was very efficient in packing, loading and unloading my belongings. They took great care of my items and were very careful with them. They also did a great job at keeping me informed of the status of the move, answering any questions I had and providing helpful advice. The price was very reasonable and I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a reliable and trustworthy moving company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

First National Van Lines is a top-rated moving company. They have a team of experienced professionals who are dedicated to providing excellent service. Their customer service is friendly, helpful, and always available to answer your questions. They offer a wide range of services, from packing and loading to unloading and unpacking. They also provide secure storage and climate-controlled warehouses for your belongings. Their prices are competitive and their services are reliable. I highly recommend First National Van Lines for your moving needs.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

From the time they quoted us until the time we moved in. First National Van Lines was very accommodating. They were very thorough and communication with them was effortless and a pleasure. Our closing took much longer than we anticipated and in fact had to cancel a couple moving dates. They didn't blink an eye and made sure that no matter when the move came. They would be there even on short notice. Crew were incredible too. They were quick, thoughtful, and really worked their butts off. Could not have been happier that I hired these guys.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

Moving team of four performed admirably in the Packing and Moving of our furniture. They were all kind, professional, hardworking, and engaging, with a good sense of humor. Not only was their finish work impeccable and considerate, but they also went over and above to ensure that we had everything exactly where we wanted it. Their customer service was outstanding even with follow-up the day following the delivery. First National Van Lines comes highly recommended, and you should contact them if you ever need moving assistance.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

I have used First National Van Lines for two moves now, and they are simply the best. They made sure that all my belongings were packed and moved safely, without any damage. The crew was professional and courteous throughout the entire process. Their rates are also very competitive compared to other moving companies in the area. I highly recommend First National Van Lines for your next move!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Moving can be a stressful time, but First National Van Lines made it easy! Their team was professional, friendly, and very efficient. They arrived on time and had all of our belongings packed up quickly. We were thrilled with the care they took with our belongings and the overall experience we had. I would definitely recommend them for any of your moving needs!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

It was a great experience. They were very professional, and the movers were friendly and efficient. Everything arrived safely and in great condition, with no damage to any of our furniture or belongings. I'm so glad that we chose First National Van Lines for our move - they made it stress-free!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

First National Van Lines was a great company to work with. They always made sure that the items that I was shipping were handled with care. The staff was always polite and professional. I would definitely recommend First National Van Lines to anyone in need of a reliable shipping company.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2023

Moving can be an incredibly stressful experience, but First National Van Lines made it almost too easy! We had a great team helping us with our move and they were all professional and courteous. They took great care with our belongings, making sure everything was handled with the utmost respect. We were so impressed by their service that we would definitely use them again for any future moves!

First National Van Lines Company Information