Find a Movers partner

4.4/5 (56 ratings)
Find a Movers partner

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Brightline Moving & Storage

Brightline Moving & Storage provides Florida residents with long-distance moving services. Brightline promises a full-service moving experience, including packing services and storage options. Contact Brightline for a customized moving plan and price quote.

Find Moving Companies partners near you

Pros

• Long-distance moves
    • Offers packing services
    • Storage available

Cons

• No insurance information online
    • No pricing information online

Bottom Line

Brightline Moving offers Florida residents long-distance moves to all 50 states. It provides personalized moving with help at every step, including packing and transportation. Custom plans mean there’s no online pricing.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

About Brightline Moving & Storage

Brightline Moving & Storage arranges long-distance moves from Florida to all states from its headquarters in Riviera Beach. Brightline’s primary goal is to take as much stress off the customer as possible during the moving process, whether a customer chooses a full-service moving package or just transportation services.

Brightline works with you to create a custom moving plan that fits both your needs and your budget. The company offers help at every step, including packing and unpacking, short- and long-term storage, transportation and even cleaning. To learn more about pricing and services, you have to contact the company directly.

Brightline Moving & Storage services

Brightline Moving & Storage offers a variety of services to make the moving experience easier. The company works with you through personal consultation to create a custom moving plan.

Services that Brightline Moving offers include:

• Packing and unpacking: Employees safely pack your items before the move, then unpack them at your new location.
    • Short- and long-term storage: Brightline Moving has storage options for items that you can’t take with you just yet.
    • Long-distance moving: Lengthy moves require a lot more planning and coordination. Brightline provides long-distance moves to all 50 states and can help you with every step. The company offers packing and unpacking services and can arrange long-distance car shipping if needed.
    • Commercial moving: Whether your business is relocating or expanding, Brightline can help. The company assists with moving and storing heavy equipment. It has innovative technology meant for moving fragile and heavy equipment with care.
    • Housecleaning and debris removal: Most rental properties require you to leave a space that is clean and ready for the next tenant. Brightline can handle the cleaning after you move out, letting you focus solely on the move.

Brightline Moving & Storage costs

Pricing is hard to pinpoint when it comes to moving companies. There are a number of variables that can affect the price. These include the services you choose, the distance of the move, the weight of your belongings and more. Because of this, the cost of each move is unique.

Brightline does promise competitive pricing on its website. The company works with you through personal consultations to establish a personalized moving plan that meets your needs. Once this plan is established, Brightline provides a free quote.

Brightline Moving & Storage FAQ

Will Brightline Moving & Storage pack my belongings?
    Brightline Moving & Storage does offer packing services. The company promises safe and efficient packaging for all your belongings.
    Does Brightline move on the weekends?
    According to the website, Brightline is open Monday through Saturday. It operates Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
    Is Brightline Moving & Storage licensed and insured?
    Brightline lists its DOT number and MC number on the website. Contact the company to ask for copies of insurance information.
    How do I book a move with Brightline?
    There are two ways to book moving services with Brightline. You can fill out the contact form on the company’s website or contact the company by phone.
    Where is Brightline Moving & Storage headquartered?
    Brightline is headquartered in Riviera Beach, Florida.

Is Brightline Moving & Storage legit?

Brightline Moving & Storage is clear about its mission: to ensure that customers experience as little stress as possible during the moving process. Most of the services Brightline offers are standard, and the company promises competitive pricing. We recommend getting a quote from Brightline Moving & Storage if you’re moving from South Florida.

Brightline Moving & Storage Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brightline Moving & Storage?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Brightline Moving & Storage?

Original review: July 21, 2021

I had originally started a quote with Brightline but went elsewhere due to pricing (keep in mind Brightline quotes you a little bit more to make up for surprises aka more boxes you didn't account for). The other company did not respond 48hrs before the move like they said they would. They left me high and dry. I came back to Brightline, and they were able to make a quote on the fly, were able to book my EMERGENCY move, during moving season (the summer) and would refund me my entire amount if I had to cancel.

I regret not having chosen Brightline because at the end of the day, the $200 I was trying to save... I ended up having to pay more anyway AND THE OTHER COMPANY LOST MY MATTRESS. At BrightLine, they are movers AND have the storage so it would be as simple as calling them and asking your rep to check the warehouse... That is like 10 feet away from their desk. Anyway, on my next move, I am making only one call, and that's to Brightline!

Original review: June 23, 2021

I had to move my father from his trailer in Central Florida to my brother's house in Bradenton. I won't pull any punches, my father is a hoarder of the nth degree. Mr. ** and his associates took great care to a) not make any comments about the condition of my father's trailer, and b) treated my father with the utmost respect. My father is in a wheelchair, and is a grumpy grouch, especially when it comes to his "stuff". Kudos to the crew for handling the move with aplomb. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any complicated, or possibly emotionally charged moves.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2021

I am very anal and possibly slightly difficult to deal with.. After saying that.. The staff was outstanding, contacted me back several times to make sure everything was on track and find out if everything went well and if I was satisfied.. It was 95° here. The guys did an outstanding job.. They were very careful with everything. I have a three bedroom two story house with garage that I work out of.. So basically they moved my house and my work.. Give these guys a call. Ask for Patric or Felipe.

Original review: June 19, 2021

They made our move our move so smooths and very helpful along the way as this was my family’s first big move. We had to move from Mass to Maine and they were so professional and patient with us to answer all of our questions. We had many fragile them items that I was so scared they would get broken on the move. The crew was fast and amazing. They took care of all of our items and made this a better moving experience than I could imagine especially with many of my friends who have had horrible stories from their moves. If you want peace of mind for all of your items and to be taking care of I would highly recommend using this company. Put your trust in them and enjoy your move!

Original review: June 18, 2021

After leaving my job at the Walt Disney Company, the move back up to Boston, MA seemed too daunting even for a seasoned replicator like me. When I was struggling to wrap my mind around the complexity of the move, Will reached out to offer me more assistance than I could have dreamed of having. Not only was I able to bring up all my belongings, but I felt comfort knowing caring and proficient professionals were at my back every step of the way. I’d give 10 stars if possible!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

This company was renamed from "Brightline Van Lines" to "Brightline Moving & Storage" after the numerous lawsuits and complaints in an effort to get more business. BEWARE! This company lied to me saying they are not a broker and one of the only moving companies that handle moves end to end. The day of my move another company showed up at my door and quoted me 105% above my moving estimate after a 3 minute glance around my small 1 bedroom place. They prey on customers with deceptive and manipulative sales tactics to have you sign with them and put in your $750 deposit. They also lied that I would get a quality assurance call before my move to ensure my inventory was around the price estimate and see if I needed to add or remove items how it affected the price.

I called and was told the quality assurance employee was out of office and that "it didn't matter" because the broker company would give an estimate either way. Instead, the broker company Map Express came and quoted me thousands over my estimate claiming lies as ludicrous as circular tables cost more to ship because they don't lie flat (I explained the tables disassemble and lie flat and that furniture disassembly is included in the contract). I pleaded and cried to customer service to please send another mover, and that I was being bullied and threatened and they said they had no one else to send on such short notice. The carrier kept threatening me I had 5 minutes to decide or I would leave, including threatening me not to call Brightline and tell them what was going on or they would charge me for every minute over 5 minutes I spoke to them. See below what I submitted to the Better Business Bureau and my communications. Manager Mellie ** at Brightline refused to review my case or address my concerns.

"These items provide the original moving estimate from Brightline and the document showing the extra fees the carrier Map Express Logistics charged with manipulative and coercive tactics that are not explained. The Excel document details analysis of what items were removed from my original inventory in an effort to get down to my original quote estimate, and what items were added (4 Ikea storage bags and a rug) for un an explainable extra approx. $3,000 in fees. The carrier charged me 105% above my binding price estimate from Brightline, which is not legal according to the document section I uploaded in the Brightline contract. I am also including the email to the Brightline manager over the charges, who has not been willing to review the case in detail, claiming they're not responsible and it is my fault I signed with their carrier when I wasn't comfortable, after being repeatedly threatened and bullied by the carrier representative on the day of my move out when I had to hand in my apartment keys in."

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My experience has been horrible. Their lack of communication with the customer is horrendous. I booked Brightline to move to a new state, about 400 miles away, and I booked them a month before my move so they would have ample notice. They requested a three-day window for pickup and they quoted me the fastest turn-around (about 2-3 days) to my new city. They were 3 days late to pick-up my items and did not notify me that they would be late. I had to get my utilities turned back on and pay for additional days of rent.

They also did not deliver to my new city within the quoted 2-3 day turnaround, which I even confirmed with the driver upon pickup. It’s now been 11 days and my items are still not to my new place. Again, with no communication to the customer about timing. I cannot emphasize enough, do NOT hire this company. If there was at least communication to me or they were realistic about timing, I would give them more stars but, I feel like I was scammed.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

This company quoted me a fair price for an out of state move. I paid the deposit & scheduled my move. On the day of my move I was told it would be almost 3 times the amount I was originally quoted. My move went from being $3900 to $8400. This was extremely upsetting given the time I had to move. I canceled the service which left me scrambling for another company. I expressed my concern & informed the company I would write a review on my experience. The company informed me that I would not receive my refund for my deposit if I moved forward with the review about my experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

This moving company steals your items. Please be aware and do not use this company for moving. They picked up my 3 bedroom house stuff on 08/31/2021. They delivered 25 percent of my items on 09/07/2021. They stole all of my valuable items 60 inch smart TV, Computer set (Laptop, two monitors, docking station), Nikon D7000 camera, Bose Bluetooth Speaker. Two large luggage full of clothes, 1 large and 1 medium Boxes. 10 of the other boxes were delivered but scanned and taken out all valuable items and repackaged with junks. I lost tens of thousand of dollars worth assets. I am very heartbroken right now. Please do not use their service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

The movers were great. They wrapped the furniture, loaded it on the truck, and got it moved in. They had a great attitude, and I felt like they really worked hard. There weren't any "hidden fees" like with some of the other movers I had called. This was by far the most uncomplicated moving experience I've ever had. Couldn't ask for a smoother move. Recommended!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

The company truck gave a date of Sat or Sunday. On Sunday they called repeatedly stated they would be arriving soon. They arrived 5 PM Sunday. The drive started loading the truck then told me the $5000 estimate was no good and he told me it would be $10,000. The driver told me that if I did not let him do the move I would love the $2500 deposit. I agreed to the original contract which was less items and the estimate was $2700. He loaded a few items and called it good. He took the mattress from the bedroom and the dining room.

He then demanded $1500. I started asking him questions and went to the truck to see what was in it. He had been informed that I am a disable Army Veteran. I could not get into the truck because he took the ramp away. The truck was loaded with nothing being more than 5 feet high. There was at least 3 feet from the ceiling in all areas. The sides were over one foot on each side. The truck had 1700 cubic feet capacity and the load was less than 1/2 which old be 850 cubic foot if loaded to the ceiling. I did each item taken and I figured it was 308 cubic foot not the 900 cubic the driver claimed. When asked questions the driver got mad and left with the comment that I would never see my items again.

I called the police and it could go no place because the company claimed I signed a document which made them correct. I had signed a form that the driver stated was to get the loading started. No problems were express when I signed the blank form. The police officer stated the form had been filled out completely so he could not do any criminal charge. I was forced because of the house settlement to call a company and all the items not taken as they agreed was sent to the junkyard.

First night me and my wife had to sleep on the box spring because he took my mattress. The next night I slept in the car because even with a heavy quilt the box spring was terrible. I am a disabled veteran and I now am in terrible condition because of the matter. I plan on making complaint to the federal agency which handles matters for people with disability and I am going to look into a complaint at the conduct if it was a matter of abuse to senior citizens. As you can suspect I would rather sleep in a motel room full of bed bugs than have anything to do with this company.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

We recently used Brightline Moving for a local move from a 1 bedroom apartment into a 2 bedroom and they were awesome to work with. Very reasonably priced and no extra fees. We had two movers and the whole job was completed in about 4 hours. The communication before and during the job was great, everything was moved safely, and they were friendly and EASY TO WORK WITH. Recommended.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

The staff of the moving company is no doubt extremely helpful and good. They apprehend what to try and do and the way to try and do the entire process. They are simply amazing. Looking forward to using them once more. Loved them.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Brightline Moving provided a GREAT SERVICE, smooth, time and cost-effective with zero damage/loss of our belongings! They even complete moving before the estimated time their company rule states and helped us with a few extra labor-intensive tasks (unpacking and flipping our king bed mattress, seamlessly unpacking our glass cabinet etc.). Also, they packed, moved and unpacked our heavy 22-gallon fish tank perfectly! I will DEFINITELY USE THEIR SERVICE next time we move again.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

They did a great job with the moving. Nothing broke, and everything arrived safely. The furniture and mattress packaging were really good. Helped us with dismantling furniture and putting it back together in the new house as well. Great service, I would highly recommend it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

Charles, and Martin were professional, efficient, and pleasant to work with. They were timely and very careful with all my belongings and made the entire process seamless. I highly recommend their service, and thanks again!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

For every piece of furniture, the bag was delivered in its original condition. I was very happy to see such a hardworking team. They made my move easiest. Nothing was damaged. I am highly impressed with the service.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

A $2,998 bid for a 1 bedroom apartment move from LA to Chicago turned into $5726 because of this company. They promised a delivery date of 8/4/21 and said my son's furniture needed to be ready for pick up 2 weeks from my call, which would give the moving company (a different company) time to get it to Chicago. I provided a detailed list of every piece of furniture, the estimated # of boxes we'd pack and a list of what would be left for the movers to pack at the time of the estimate. I asked about the history of the company and, though only 5 years old, they said they relied on good reviews to brand themselves, and added they tried harder. This is why I've written my first review ever. They deserve this 1 star review.

4 days before pick up they asked for more detail. It hadn't changed and we weren't fully packed. I called the next day to add more detail and it was an unpleasant talk where I was told we wouldn't have an accurate bid. I thought I had an accurate bid given my previous conversation with Brightline and emailed list of everything in the apartment. I'd been told the contents were "standard."

When the movers arrived they wanted $2600. more. Very stressful and my husband negotiated it to $1,000 more. However once our furniture was gone, the movers wanted $3200 more for an expedited fee to have delivery on 8/4. Our son was starting med school and needed to be moved in and ready to go, not waiting for their apparent right to hold the furniture for 21 days before delivery. After days of back and forth, that was negotiated to $1920 more w/ an 8/4 guarantee.

It did not arrive on 8/4 but was delivered on 8/5 and we were reimbursed $192. I am not upset with the movers, unbelievably. They were within their rights and did an excellent job. I am angry with Brightline for unprofessional underbidding and outright failure to inform us that the moving company would require far more money not only to pick up our furniture but to get it to Chicago in time. Brightline acted as a broker, said whatever they could to get the job and were then out of the picture. Do not trust them!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Brightline Moving & Storage did a great job moving our household. I loved how we FaceTimed to get an estimate of what we wanted to move. Then our dates changed for which they were really kind about. They made the process easy for me overall, so I would love to recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

On the day, we had a few tricky items, and everything was handled wonderfully. David was so easygoing and reassuring. The final price was under the estimate. This was stellar service. Highly Recommended.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

They wrapped, packed, and loaded everything within a very reasonable amount of time. They were clean, courteous, super careful, and kind. It was unbelievable how fast they moved. I would recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Brightline Moving came well recommended. They exceeded my assumption. The movers were prompt, courteous and very professional in their work. They took GREAT CARE of my furnishing and made sure to thoroughly wrap everything breakable. Overall, Brightline Moving is a stand up company with TOP QUALITY EMPLOYEE!!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Jack was fantastic in helping keep everything organized coming up to the move and always responded promptly to every question I had. The movers Mick and John were absolutely incredible! Call them if you need movers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

They were totally remarkable. They were extremely prompt, EFFICIENT, kind, and careful. They moved me extremely QUICKLY, built the furniture I needed them to, and never needed me to touch a thing. Highly recommend.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Just used Brightline Moving & Storage on a move to a new apartment. They arrived on time and got everything out of my old place and into my new place without damaging anything. NICE GUYS and would definitely recommend them to anyone!!

Resolution response: July 1, 2021

The company resolved.

Original review: July 1, 2021

This review is a bit long, but it is worth the read. Beware. I placed the move order between Tennessee and Georgia with a very nice lady at Brightline who asked me a series of questions and I received a quote. It seemed reasonable. I accepted it and booked it. I especially liked it because I was told it could be delivered in the 2 days I needed, with no hidden fees, and no cost per stair. Later, I found out it was all lies.

Fast Forward to moving day. The movers showed up 30 minutes after the max time they would be there. Putting everything behind. They did call, but still were late. They were very nice and helpful, but it wasn’t about their personality. The movers looked around, verified the inventory, and then said, yep you guessed it, double the price. So a move that started around $3,000 was now almost $8,000. The number of items didn’t change, the size of the materials didn’t change, the amount of space didn't change, just cost more or they couldn’t move us. There were things like bulk item charges, step counts, things like that. The couch was the same size as a normal couch. Regardless, all these hidden fees came out to an extra 4000 on the day of the move. All the things that raised the cost were disclosed before the quote.

I also found out that the movers were a different company called Insta movers. And everything that had been told to me by Brightline was not applicable. I contracted with Brightline. I was told that they didn't control that and we had to pay the movers what they were demanding. This tells me the price and delivery we contracted with meant nothing. In addition, things I were told on the phone, changed when movers arrived. Here is just three examples of at least 15.

- Moving milk carts, on the phone they told us to wrap them before the move, we did, but when movers showed they said had to be in boxes and charged to box them. They put one item in the boxes and charged us for more boxes.
      - I was told that when the movers got there I could pay via Venmo or another electronic method. They showed up and said I couldn’t, they did take my credit card info down on paper. Still makes me nervous to think about it.

- Items that were on the list already, nothing new, we were told they quoted it wrong and should have charged us more. So the movers did because apparently they were subcontractors and had different rates.

Of course, they know we are stuck, things are on the truck and we have no choice but to pay. I file this review to ensure that everyone stays away from Brightline Moving and Insta Movers. Very friendly people and that's how they suck you in, but no trust in their ability to quote and they farm out their movers who then extort people on their stressful moving day.

Where's my stuff you might wonder. Days went by and I heard nothing. Eventually, I was contacted by a person I never talked to before asking me why I didn't contact her. I didn't even know that was an option or who she was. She proceeded to point out all the spots I was wrong even though it contradicted what their agreement says and what their representative told me. It didn't help solve anything, but to allow her to tell me I was not scammed. She actually said, "Sorry you are unhappy, but it is out of my control." Keep in mind, her title was Operations Manager. If the Ops Manager can't help, who can? This is the first time that I found out that it could take up to 7 business days, not the 2 days I was told on the phone or by the movers. Which was in very small print on the contract.

Now the day things arrived it took 11 days, even though on the phone and movers both told me two days. I paid over 3 times the amount I was quoted and they complained about stairs, which I was charged for even though the contract said it wouldn't, but again that was not with contractors. Many things that they boxed were broken, boxes were dented in, and big furniture pieces looked like they were kicked with broken pieces and holes.

I'm posting this everywhere including with the BBB. Not once has anyone apologized for the confusion or contradiction in their own agreement or even misleading me from the order taker and movers on delivery date and cost. All they said was they’re busy and I was lucky it didn't take 30 days. I didn't ask for a refund or a credit, the movers work hard. The salespeople will tell you anything you want to hear on the phone. Don't believe them.  The only thing preventing me from taking them to court is I didn't record the phone calls where they told me different things that were not true. They will also rush you through the signing and hold on the line.

Take the time to read the fine print. It will contradict what they have written in bold at the top of the agreement and what they assure you on the phone to be true. That's how they get you. Tricks to get me to pay more and unable to keep their commitments. Don’t trust them. I'm still in shock that this industry still is not regulated enough to protect us from this type of unethical behavior.

Original review: June 28, 2021

We recently moved to a new apartment and had an EXCELLENT experience! The movers were well prepared with extra boxes, tape and packing materials. They arrived early and worked fast. The movers were very careful with my belongings and took care not to damage anything. Moving can be a stressful experience, however it wasn’t due to their professionalism. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this moving company!

Original review: June 24, 2021

Brightline Moving & Storage was amazing! They made my dreaded move a breeze! They were right on time, customer service was amazing and the movers were complete professionals! Thank you Brightline for making our move so easy! Simply the best!

Original review: June 24, 2021

Brightline is an awesome moving company period, they went to great lengths to make my moving experience with them easy. Very impressive. Believe me I’m not an easy but they were very professional, on time. I will recommend them to my family and friends any time. Thank you so much guys.

Original review: June 24, 2021

Brightline was the best! My things arrived safely. So glad I decided to use them! They made my move to Miami seamless!! They are seriously the best! Everything arrived to my new place without anything damages... NONE!! I would definitely recommend them to anyone moving.

Quick and easy. Get matched with a Moving partner.

Brightline Moving & Storage Company Information