2. Movers

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Take a Moving Companies Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Bekins Van Lines Reviews

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I was a driver for Bekin and we had them move us. I think it was okay because we worked for them. I know when we moved people we were very careful and had alot of Big Wig accounts that we had to take care of properly and to me it didn't make a difference if you were the president or just a normal joe, I always took pride in doing the best job possible. I think they now have a different name I actually think they are part of the Paul Arpin family now.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

All this company is interested in is taking your money. If you think your items are in good, professional hands, you are completely wrong. I had the worst experience; my shipment was lost; arrived over a week late; they lost a tv stand; I had full value replacement and they would not honor the replacement value because I didn't have the original receipt; I wrote and called people daily; they forgot to pick up my items the day they were scheduled; no one ever gets back to you; I wrote complaint letters - no one care; no response ever. Find another company. If I could put no stars down I would. This one is HORRIBLE.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

Moving from Goldsboro NC to Wilmington, NC they did not put things together as we were told they would. There were expensive quilting stuff stole and torn all to pieces. We paid big money to get our things insured for damages, but with all the expensive equipment torn to hell they refuse to pay to get it replaced or fixed. There was over $18,000 in damages. Antiques were destroyed. Things broke and people like that should be held accountable. There is a special place for people like that. My husband had just passed and because they moved air force people they were recommended to us because we were retired military. I would not let them move anything. People stay away from these thefts.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I was hospitalized 2 weeks before my move. So, I was not able to pack all my belongings. I was told that they would do that for me, but they did not pack anything. They just left it. This was a long distance move from NY to GA. They arrived a few minutes before I left for the airport. Someone I knew stayed behind to make sure they did the job. Unbeknownst to me, I was told the movers just omitted whatever they did not want, to take even though that item like my washer and dryer were on their list, to move. They left that behind and a whole lot more. I had shelving and a fabric bolt that didn't even make the truck, as well because it was in the basement. After, living 7 months, in a hotel I was shocked, as I unpacked, I began to notice that a lot of my belongings were gone. As a disabled, single mother this was a major loss for me. I have yet to replace those things.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

We used Bekins for a small move to a storage locker where they came in, wrapped everything and appeared to do a good job until items were moved, lots of scratches!!! We used them to move a small number of items from the storage locker, a couple of beds, living room furniture, gym equipment and some boxes. Terrible!! They did not wrap any furniture so my white couches (yes I know, but they had been moved before and stayed mostly clean) had filthy, filthy hand prints all over them.

As we were moving into a new house still filled with trades, I was distracted with questions from our electrician at the time of paying my bill and gave the Bekins fellow my credit card, which he put thru. I was shocked to see, on a 5 hour moving job with 3 fellows (value of just over $1100) an insurance fee of $440.00 which I never authorized. This was not mentioned when I called for a quote, which I discussed over the phone and approved the hourly fee, nor was it brought to my attention when I paid the bill. I would not have ever bought the insurance. When I called the company they basically said "too bad". This insurance is a scam!! When I mentioned the very filthy hand prints the guy just laughed. I will never use this company again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bekins Van Lines?

Original review: July 30, 2019

DO NOT USE BEKINS MOVING COMPANY!!!! If you value your things and your hard earned money, never use this company!!! They have missed 3 scheduled delivery times and have been holding our things hostage for more money as a result of their mistakes. They are demanding twice the “Do Not Exceed” amount signed in our contract. They have continued to threaten our possessions for more money. AVOID THESE MOVERS!!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I’m not sure whether another awful review makes any difference or not, but I have to get this off my chest. My wife and I have moved across country six times and I can state unequivocally that this most recent move was almost unbelievably terrible. Among other things, although we had signed a contract to move almost a year earlier, when the time came and our house finally closed, our agent announced that he could not supply us with any packers! So it fell upon my wife and me to pack up a 4500 square-foot home, even though we were now living almost 3000 miles away. In the midst of all this, we had a family medical crisis, so we essentially had to walk away from dozens of items, cumulatively worth thousands of dollars. The folks who bought our old house were more than happy to keep it all.

When the truck driver and his crew arrived, virtually every item that they loaded was described as scratched, dented, faded, cracked, worn. So when the time came to unpack, there was no way to verify any damage. We had family heirlooms that were broken; when I submitted a request for reimbursement, the sum that was provided was paltry to say the least. I submitted a claim to their “customer service representative,” describing all of the above. She was completely indifferent. She sent me a check with no hint of an apology. I sent the check back with an even longer letter, then got the same check back with, once again, no apology. I sent copies of my correspondence with Bekins to the Better Business Bureau of Indiana and also of Washington state. Lord knows it probably won’t make any difference. Do yourself a favor and STAY AWAY from Bekins.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Seriously, this is NOT someone you want to do business with. As former military, we have moved many, many times. We had more furniture damage on this move than all our prior moves combined. We used Bekins, which is owned by Wheaton, and they made a great sales pitch. It was all BS. They low-balled the weight estimate. They mixed our goods with another customer's goods on the truck. If you use this company, they will lose your stuff; they will break your stuff and they truly don't care. When we discovered a box was missing and asked for help locating it, the driver actually said "I don't have time for this crap."

Original review: June 11, 2019

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST EXPERIENCE. DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE AND NEVER USE THEM. EXPENSIVE AND AWFUL. Bekins "forgot" to load 2 pieces of carefully-marked furniture that had sentimental and antique value. They destroyed an antique gilded mirror by insisting it should go in a mirror box instead of a crate. They shipped boxes of unwanted books that I now have sitting in our garage. The man who took our order got fired before the shipment got collected and he had all of the pertinent information that was then ignored. We bought insurance, but now are told that does not apply to them leaving items that then were disposed of by the cleaning service. A terrible experience and I hope no one else suffers this same way.

Original review: May 29, 2019

In short, do not use this company for interstate moves. They do not care about you or your belongings. I will detail my issues for perspective. 4/2/2019. We had Bekins and Oz moving come to our home for moving quote for a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment between Los Angeles, CA and Boca Raton, FL. Bekins cost more but offered a shorter delivery window. We also requested storage while we looked for a home in Florida. 5/3/2019. Our move out date that would allow us extra time for our items to travel cross country before my husband started his new job on 5/20. Our guaranteed arrival date was 5/17. 5/9/2019. We have yet to receive any itinerary of the items that were moved, no weight quote, nothing. We call and are told that no one will be able to tell us where the truck is until the following Monday, 5/13. If anyone is counting, that means our items will have been gone for 10 days with no accountability.

5/13/2019. We are told our truck is in Colorado. Colorado is not close to Florida and much closer to California. We are 4 days out from our guaranteed date. 5/15-5/29/2019. We have called and harassed Bekins on a daily basis for the last 2 weeks and our items (supposedly) have traversed the country at a glacial pace. As of yesterday, (5/28/2019) we received word that our truck was in Orlando. JUST KIDDING. It's in North Carolina! 26 days without our things.

26 days without furniture. 26 days of living out of a suitcase and we still don't have our things. This company does not care about you or your belongings. Please read the other Yelp reviews to see that this is not a one off. Please hire any other company to move you cross country. My heart is breaking to know that they probably lost all my belongings and don't have the cojones to admit it. We celebrated my son's first birthday in a hotel room instead of our furnished apartment as planned. We have had to purchase new clothing because our clothing is g-d knows where. Learn from our mistakes. Wish me luck. 26 days and still counting.

Bekins Van Lines Company Information