Arpin International Group

Compare International Moving Companies

Research top International Moving Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Contracted TransWorld Van Lines/Arpin to move my household goods from Inverness, Florida to Washington, PA. Although given a price guarantee, the moving company increased the price before delivery and then held furniture for ransom until their cost increase demand was met. The salesman & office worker (Danielle) are among the most callous and rudest people that I have ever dealt with. They also provided false documents to my credit card company to justify their charge.

I don't think that you are aware of what some members affiliated with your Company are doing, that will surely put a stigma to your reputation of promise of unparalleled service and customer satisfaction and your slogan of creating customers for life. Because for the last 10 months, I have been living a nightmare that actually started when I hired a branch of your Company named Transtar, to move my possessions from **.

I am 77 years old, and lived in New Jersey since 1965 in the home I had occupied for 41 years, 21 of which I lived alone, since I lost my husband to cancer and at the urging of my children, and because of health problems, I decided to sell my home and move to Maine to be close to them. My son, who lived close to me, had sold his condo and moved there a year earlier and we thought it would be a good idea to use the proceeds from the sale of our properties to have a home built for us to help each other.

I had many offers and several estimates for my move, but I chose your Company, after reading all the promises you had made in the brochure that your agent ** left for me to read. A conversation with David Arpin, President, of Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc., with promises that sounded very sincere, giving me the confidence I needed to choose the best company, because the owner seemed to be an honest man who cared for his Company's integrity and his customers.

For those reasons, and because I can't understand what happened to change so drastically what was promised, that is a worry free move to becoming the most terrible nightmare I have ever encountered. I am writing this letter to inform you that I am getting ready to file charges against a group called, Movers Settlement L.T.D. but may include other parties involved with the move.

Because for the last 10 months, I have endured much pain and suffering; along with, tremendous emotional stress resulting from the many losses and damages that I incurred and was not aware of until January 26, 2007 when my possessions were delivered to my new home. I watched as my possessions were unloaded to witness the horrible condition of some of my most treasured items, especially my two statue lamps worth thousands of dollars and according to **, they cannot be fixed or replaced; as well as broken chairs and other items to my living room which was especially designed to show what use to be my pride and joy possessions.

For nearly a year, that room has been closed off, due to the unsightly damages, waiting for someone to come and see what can be done to hopefully repair or replace those items. I asked to speak to the President of the Company, but I was laughed at. They finally sent someone to inspect and photograph the damages on August 18, 2007. I asked for copies of those pictures but again they refused to give them to me. After waiting for 3 months, I received a letter of rejection, and the bill for the services of ** work whom your Company hired. I cannot believe this audacity ultimately to excuse themselves from any responsibility and moreover, fired ** who was assisting me to retrieve some of the possessions that were left at my prior home by your Company because they had run out of space on the truck, which prior to my stop they (the movers) had a pick-up which curtailed my total shipment being moved.

No remedy was offered to gather the possessions left at my home. I had paid the new owner approximately $100.00 to ship some of the articles left behind. Was that my responsibility when I paid your company to move my belongings; not partially? There still remains many missing items; as well as many damaged items that have been reported and others just recently known. Also, on the day of the move, someone in the crew of the movers went into the bathroom in which I said not to enter and removed money from my wallet. Moreover, I received someone else's microwave and told your company about it, but nothing was mentioned what to do with it. Is that what may have happened to some of my missing articles?

I spent much of what I had to make this move and transition in the light in which you present your company. I ask you is this the personal attention that you state what I can expect to receive; the promise for my needs and protection for my belongings? Is your Company truly a partner in my relocation? You will find correspondences I had mailed (03/26/2007) to your company; as well as Maine's Attorney Generals office and Blanchette Moving & Storage where my articles remained until my new home was finished for occupancy. Blanchette Moving & Storage was hired for housing my belongings because your company here locally was not interested in my business and suggested self-storage; as well as ** who never told me that in doing so I may encounter problems that might have an affect on my insurance, which he urged me to acquire and upon that recommendation, I surely did so.

After moving to Maine, I did some researching of my own to find out that there is indeed a storage facility for P. Arpin Van Lines called Allens Transfer, in Augusta, Maine, only 30 minutes away. This was verified by Transtars Customer Service, when I called them relating my findings. Customer Service said, they knew about it last April (2006), and were supposed to have related to ** to give me a call and inform me when he returned from his vacation; unfortunately, that never happened. Either, ** was never told or was neglectful, but whatever the case, your Company has turned their backs on me in this matter causing extreme hardship, duress, pain and suffering. As a result of this and out of not my ignorance, but through the suggestion of your Company and ** I hired the closest facility, Blanchette Moving & Storage.

I remained in contact with your Company; namely, Claims Customer Service Departments ** to be in compliance with the submission of my claim, which I executed on 03/26/2007, being only 58 days after I received my possessions that were in the storage facility of Blanchette Moving & Storage. The Claims Customer Agents said several times that the time of essence starts when I receive my goods or merchandise and must be filed within 90 days of delivery; however, according to the Department of Transportation's rules and regulations, I have 9 months from the date of delivery to file my claim in writing to the carrier; therefore, as you well see I was in definite compliance in accordance to their statements, as I received my belongings on 01/26/2007. My letter stating the problems of damaged and missing articles was ignored because it was not on your Company's claim forms.

Therefore upon your Company's request, I submitted the claim forms as well as letters of promising action, followed by letters of rejection, two inventory letters from Blanchette Moving & Storage that depict clearly that several boxes were crushed, unmarked, mislabeled, and some items that were not accounted for; along with a copy of the note my Agent ** faxed on 04/13/2006, two months before the move, and the latest strategy of the Movers Group, the latest letter of rejection along with a bill to me for the services of ** service of whom was hired by your Company in an effort to make good for the losses incurred! I am appealing to you to resolve what your Company is neglecting to do in light of the services that you portray. I am appealing to your sincerity of honesty and integrity to bring forth a speedy resolution.

Moved from boston to miami. Paul arpin moved me had my items in storage for a month and when delivered things were broken,torn etc. It has been four month now and can't even get a call back. They want to offer me 10 percent of what these items are worth and I had insurance to cover.

They are self insured and dont want to come up with the money. I don't trust them and would not reccomend anyone to use them.

We moved from Florida in March of 2004. We were moving from Florida to New Jersey. We contacted a Paul Arpin agent in NY-Santiago Moving & Storage to bring our things from Florida to New Jersey. The movers were already doing a job in Florida and came a week early to pick up our furniture. They moved all of our furniture successfully that day. When we arrived in New Jersey, we immediately contacted Santiago Moving and Storage to bring our furniture over. It seems that during the week that we were still down in Florida, they transferred our furniture from one truck to another truck for storage. On the day that our furniture was delivered to our New Jersey address, our furniture was all ruined. There were blood stains on my 2 sets of couches. My couches were very expensive, and I was extremely upset.

Not only was there blood on every single pillow of both sets of couches, but the big sectional had a huge hole in it, not to mention the black grease stains on the silk sectional couch! Not only were our couches ruined, but the bottom of our wall unit was broken=therefore rending my wall unit useless and broken. Again, this was a very expensive piece. Not only was all that damage done, but a glass table was broken-completely shattered, a boxspring covering was coming off the mattress, and my bedroom furniture was broken-a whole piece of molding above the drawers was broken in half. I was extremely upset, this was the only furniture that I had and it was expensive, good looking furniture-almost new-and in good condition before the move. I immediately contacted Santiago Moving and Storage.

They gave me the run around for weeks. It seems that they didn't want to take responsibility for the damage, and finally after about 2 months sent me over to Paul Aprin. Paul Aprin sent me over some papers, which I filled out and sent back immediately. Ever since those papers were sent to Paul Aprin, they too have been giving me the run around. Paul Aprin did send a man to my home to assess the damages and take pictures. He sent those pictures out right away and informed me that my couch couldn't be repaired-it would have to be reupholstered. He also informed me that my wall unit was beyond repair. Paul Arpin states that she never received the pictures he sent. I took my own pictures and sent them there as well. **never returns my phones, neither does her Supervisor **. They give me the run around whenever I do happen to catch them in the office. ** stated that she needed my original receipt for the wall unit and the couch.

They were both bought in FL and the place it was bought in went out of business. It is physically impossible to get these receipts, so she told me to go to the store to get another receipt from any place for any wall unit and submit it-which I did back in the beginning of September. They did repair my bedroom furniture as well as the glass table, but my couches have not been fixed and/or cleaned-and my wall unit is a piece of junk now due to their carelessness. I have complied with every demand and request that ** has given me...and all I get is the run around. The last contact I had with ** was about 3 weeks ago stating that I should write another letter. This whole situation is going on for almost 8 months and it's beyond letter writing now. I am extremely upset, aggravated, and disgusted that a company that I entrusted with my personal valuables could ruin them with such carelessness and was paid in full-without getting reimbursed for their damages. I want to settle this claim once and for all and get the money that they owe me! I do not the runaround any longer, I want results!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Arpin International Group is a leading, service-oriented moving and storage company that has offices all over the world. They specialize in moving households and corporate offices.

• Military moves: They have a Retired Captain as part of their team who understands the moving needs of military members and offers dedicated help with military moves.
  • Green initiatives: They are one of the few moving companies that focuses on green initiatives and making your move less harmful to the environment. They take strides to reduce the amount of packing material used, recycle all of their materials and they implemented green initiatives into the building design of their new and existing locations.
  • Locations worldwide: The company has offices worldwide, including Germany, Singapore, United Kingdom and Canada. This is in order to provide the best possible support and service to their customers.
  • Agents: They offer help to their customers not only over the phone, but they also have a large network of agents that can help in-person.
  • Moving tips: Arpin provides helpful moving tips to customers in order to help ensure their moves go as smoothly as possible, such as dealing with visas and international laws regarding moving certain items.
  • Best for Families, businesses, and military moves.

Compare International Moving Companies