3.79/5

Compare Movers

Affordable Movers

At Affordable Mover, we know how stressful it can be to relocate. That's why we make moving, whether local or long distance, the easiest it can be! All aspects of your move are handled by us - from packaging, storage and insurance - we've got you covered. We also specialize in corporate relocations and have years of experience helping business find the right location. Call us today to get more information, and sleep a little easier knowing you're working with the best of the best.

Affordable Movers Reviews

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Booked long distance move under verbal confirmation of 7-9 days shipping time. When they showed up (late), contract said 21 days - had to sign or deposit would be forfeit (still verbally told 7-9 days). It has been 8 weeks since my furniture was picked up and is still in "storage" with no confirmed delivery date. At various points I have been either deliberately mislead or accidentally misinformed as to where my furniture is. I have called dozens of times and left messages with live people and on the voicemail. I have never had a phone call or email returned from this company. When I do speak with someone (usually Danielle or Rochelle with customer service), they tell me that they cannot do anything, but that they will talk to the managers (Juan and Megan) about expediting my shipment and/or compensation on my order.

The two times I spoke with Megan (the dispatch manager), she told me that she cannot do anything about the situation since they have subcontractor drivers and cannot do anything additional about compensation. On 7/20, Megan told me that my belongings were being shipped to a larger facility in Georgia and that my things should be in Washington the next 4-7 business days. Not only did this not happen, but when I reached Megan again on 8/10, she told me that she could not help that "things changed" and that she had been too busy and was unable to let me know that the company had been unable to make that commitment.

The compensation that this company has proposed is 10 dollars per business day after the 21 day period, which is insultingly low considering the 8 weeks with zero results and terrible customer service. I have asked for additional compensation but of course have not heard back. At this point, I am even concerned that I have been scammed and my possessions and payment stolen.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We hired this company over the phone. They quoted me a rate at $7500. When it was all said and done they charged us over $11,500. The packers were atrocious and damaged so many items we could not keep up with the level of damage. The Salesperson was complete scum as were the "customer service" reps. This company is a complete scam and it is any wonder they are allowed to continue business. They damaged over $5,000 of goods and offered $70 in the insurance claim! Complete scam artists. Stay as far away from this scum as possible!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: June 26, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! I called around and I received a quote for $2100 for a move from WI to CA my ONE BEDROOM APT which seemed like great deal and I was quoted about $1500 less than other movers. They don't deem it necessary to do an in-home estimate, so they just ask you what's in your apt and go from there. Bill was the sales rep I had. He was responsive until I booked and they took my deposit and has been difficult to reach ever since. They will not confirm the date and pick up time till 24 hours from your move. Which can be rather nerve wracking.

The one good thing is the movers were quick and courteous and on-time but once they surveyed my apartment they told me that the cu ft they initially quoted me for was not enough space and will need more than double that amount. He revised my quote to $5200! That is more than double! And what are you going to do? They're at my apt and we need to move out of state next week. We didn't have a choice. I suggest you go with a moving company that will go into your house and properly survey your furniture and items. Don't get bamboozled with AFFORDABLE MOVERS. They are garbage.

Original review: April 10, 2018

Let’s face it, it’s nerve-racking sorting through all the different movers to find the right one to trust. So, when I had to find a mover to transport my personal belongings, some not valuable in price but certainly sentimental and irreplaceable, I combed through several mover’s backgrounds, read hundreds of reviews, and wondered if I would ever find one I could trust with moving my stuff from Florida to Nevada. After searching for several weeks, I decided on using Affordable Movers because it had an A+ BBB rating, was licensed, registered, and insured, and was an actual mover (not a broker) with its own trucks, drivers, and staff.

From the moment I spoke to Josh **, Senior Relocation Specialist, I knew I had the right company. He was truthful, helpful, patient with my questions, and always responded to phone calls, texts, and emails. Knowing that I could call him if I had a problem was reassuring. Julia, Ops Manager, called to let me know when my items would be picked up.

The driver, David, and two movers: Steve and Alex showed up bright and early (as I had hoped) on the exact day scheduled. Pick-up and delivery were smooth and well organized. The delivery driver, Pedro, called me the day before and showed up on-time. Everyone I encountered, was professional and wore shirts with the company’s logo. And I was relieved to see that the price never changed. It was as agreed. This is an OUTSTANDING mover. I highly recommend them for peace of mind. They are reliable and truthful in their pricing. Thank you, Affordable Movers, for your fantastic service and for exceeding my expectations!

Original review: March 17, 2018

Their website says that Affordable Movers are "not brokers." We were led to believe that we had hired a COMPANY, NOT BROKERS, to move my mother's things from California to Tennessee on December 3rd. We went to get mom and flew her here. Affordable Movers was hired to go to her residence home, pack up her things and bring them to Tennessee. We were assured that the utmost care would be taken of her things.

In mid-December, two guys delivered SOME of my mom's things, along with THE CONTENTS OF ANOTHER WOMAN'S apartment, including two TVs, a queen bedroom set (which they stacked on top of my mom's double sized mattress and box spring although they were different sizes). I found a packing slip with the woman's name and found her online. Her things (table, chairs, bed, 17 boxes, bed, etc) had been picked up in Arizona and were supposed to go to FLORIDA. She had hired a company calling itself "Texas Top Movers." She has also gone through a huge upset over this, and has never gotten all of her things.

When I called and told them these weren't my mother's things, two guys came out and argued with me, telling me quite condescendingly that they only delivered what was on the truck. They tried to imply that: a) the items had never left the original truck and b) these WERE my mother's things (!). They then said they would call their boss, and they got in their truck and simply DROVE AWAY. My 84 year old mother was literally SOBBING.

After we called our "Affordable Movers representative", the two men came back and picked up the other woman's things. Meanwhile they had found another wardrobe box (where?) belonging to my mother. When they were unloading it, the box burst open in the (dirty) truck, spilling her delicate, valuable clothing all over the dirty truck and parking lot. I thank God she did not witness that. A white pants suit was ruined with grease stains. My mother has an expensive, designer/boutique wardrobe and only about a third of it arrived.

When we called "Affordable movers" about this, a phone number was given to us by our original representative (who is no longer with the company). The number ended up being in Florida, although we had hired a company that was reportedly in Oklahoma. We were told that we had to talk to the "west coast division" and we were given another number. No one answered that number and they did NOT return ANY calls, PERIOD. We have left as many as 20 messages. Finally when a man picked up, we were given a convoluted runaround story about things being left in mom's apartment because they were above the contracted amount. This is true. My husband had approved their leaving some things behind. But we had hired a friend to pack up what was left behind and ship it. No clothes were left behind.

We filed a "claim." We were not provided with an actual CLAIM FORM at this point, just an email we printed out and wrote some of the items my mom could remember on - and faxed over to the Florida office, who answers the phone: "Nationwide Movers", not "Affordable Movers". They said that it would take 6 weeks to process the "claim." The girl there was friendly and tried to be helpful, in her defense. We are talking about literally THOUSANDS of dollars worth of designer clothes. My mother is 83 years old and this is so traumatic for her that it is downright CRIMINAL. She was already traumatized by moving across the country, before this horrible mess.

Finally (2 months later), we convinced the man, Sam, that the clothes were missing and he says he did do a diligent search for them before turning us over to the insurance company. At this point we have been referred to their insurance company who is demanding receipts and date of purchase for every item we are declaring to be lost. Can anyone tell me what woman on earth can produce receipts for every item of clothing in her wardrobe? It is completely absurd. If anyone has advice for me on how I can get compensation for my mom, I would greatly appreciate it!

We have tried to be polite and agreeable in trying to get this resolved. But due to the lack of any concern for my aging mother, and the gross negligence of this company, people should be warned. These people are brokers, not a professional moving company. Items are picked up, brought to a warehouse, and dispersed to various locations by other subcontractors. They are a disorganized nightmare. If you are considering using Affordable Movers, my advice is DON'T DO IT. Hire American Van Lines. We used them 8 years ago for a cross country move. They cost a bit more but every single item arrived in perfect shape.

With all that was lost, this Affordable, "good deal" was anything but that. Like I said before: This has been a nightmare, credit given to the girl at dispatch who tried to help and the warehouse manager(?) for finally following through, but still, it looks like mom's stuff is just GONE and we won't be able to recoup her losses.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Movers?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

To be honest I didn’t actually use this company. I did get a quote from Josh **, the price was reasonable and I would have used them if the dates lined up better. Even without me using their service, Josh steered me through what felt like a ton of information by helping me vet other companies and make sure I wasn’t getting ripped off. Of course everyone is out to make a sale but really this felt like Josh was just trying to help. That is a rare thing this day and age. I fully recommend his service and he really knows what he is talking about.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My company put me in touch with Affordable Movers. Apparently they work with them all the time. I was given an estimate on the phone and my company paid for the move directly. So really all I can comment on is the men. They were on time and worked diligently. All my items were protected with blue blankets. Delivery took about 4 days. Overall a good experience.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My first experience with Affordable Movers has been the worst customer experience in my lifetime of 55 years. I booked a short notice emergency small move from North Carolina to Wisconsin following the death of a member in my family. I expressed the importance of a fast delivery. The agent was very good at scheduling an immediate pickup and assured me that it would be delivered within 7-10 days. My goods have now been stored in a warehouse for 22 days with no schedule to move the goods.

One week after my goods were picked up, I began trying to track my shipment. The past two weeks have been a series of repeated failures and frustration, including: 1) Dispatch unable to inform me of a shipment schedule. 2) Dispatch telling me my goods have been loaded and shipped, then 2 days later telling me the truck departed without my goods. 3) Dispatch making repeated promises that my goods are going on the next truck, within 2-3 days. 4) Dispatch hanging up on me after placing me on hold for 20 minutes. 5) Customer service hanging up on me after placing me on hold for 20 minutes. 6) Customer service, no response after leaving numerous voicemail messages. 7) Original agent not responding to emails. 8) Website advertises online tracking by entering a form of information. After you enter information, it goes to a black hole with no response.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I decided to use Affordable after being contacted by about 3 or 4 different movers. I decided to use them because they are the actual movers and don't sub the job out. The move was great and I got everything on time and in good condition.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I hired Affordable Movers because the HR rep at my firm recommended them. She was right. I have moved before with horrible results but this time was a breeze. They gave me a great quote and the men at both pick up and delivery were great. Especially Isaac. Thanks guys!

Affordable Movers Company Information