toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very taken by the professionalism and friendliness of the people who came to work at my house. Within a matter of moments, they came in and everything was safely loaded into their vehicles and we were on the way to my new home. Everything arrived in perfect condition and we were ready to unload. It was simple, fast, easy and relatively cheap compared to similar companies. Plus I always like to be treated like a friend and not a client, and Affordable Movers made me feel like I was part of the crew. Will definitely recommend this service to anyone moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their crew picked up our stuff and delivered it on time at the agreed upon rates. The only thing that I think could be improved upon was the correspondence between the sales and the dispatch in getting confirmation of the pickup and delivery dates. The way that the sales and dispatch were separated can cause more anxiety for the mover. But other than that, our experience with them has been good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great experience with this company. These guys arrived on time, packed everything and got my belongings to my new place safely. I was very weary because I have expensive items and sentimental items. Instead of doing the move myself I decided to try a moving company and was recommended to these guys by a friend. And he was right, the movers were professional and very reliable. One of the movers told me he'd been doing this work for over 10 years, so these guys are experienced and top notch. Nothing was damaged, nothing stolen. I will definitely be using their services again!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I got to Affordable Movers after I Googled for a reasonably priced movers in Raleigh, NC. I can say that they work within customer service and logistics team with remarkable coordination and accuracy. Not only did they meet the agreed timeline but was able to transport all my furniture without any damages.

These guys are fantastic! Needed to find movers to help move my sister from GA to NC for a fair price and these guys delivered! Offered better prices than even the local movers in her area which was great for us and their staff was very cautious with her more fragile furniture pieces & galleria pieces. Definitely recommend these guys for the staff & price.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Absolutely EXCELLENT! What a great crew... These guys were professional, polite, and hardworking. It was a GREAT experience. The movers were fantastic and very efficient. I will definitely recommend to my family and friends. I was highly impressed with the experience I had with your company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In today's time, online shopping is the most used thing these days. But my first experience while shopping from online I was so nervous at the time of payment. But at this time I had a great experience on online shopping. There are lots of famous online shopping websites & but my opinion "AMAZON" one of the most recommended site to buy the online product. They have made my shopping very easier as compared to other online shopping platforms. Amazon is very cheap, and excellent quality products are delivered. It actually feels very secure to buy a product on this online shopping website.

I buy from Amazon Wireless WiFi NVR Network Video Recorder. Its works great & being wireless makes it so handy to install. Now I can cover all of my property with just four camera. Its delivery is very fast always being on time & total trusted site for online shopping. On time delivery. Really impressed. Its customer service is very friendly regarding in any type of issue. It's a highly recommended online shopping site by me. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Have a great day.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

He is very punctual and helpful. Also a very hardworking and professional. My Bf like his work very much. Best wishes for him. Thank you!!! My Bf and my Parents like your product very much. I highly recommended to your Store. I would also recommended to all of my friends. Thank you very much. Best wishes.

The movers are very professional, personable and provided excellent service. I highly recommend this moving company. I appreciate having no cost surprises at the end. Excellent job. They wrapped everything to transport to our next home so it will all arrive safely.

I scheduled a move nearly a month ahead of time. I was promised a date for the move which was critical since I was moving my son from college and he needed to focus on finals. Two days before the move I was called and informed that they were changing the date of the move despite a signed contract. I called and their system listed the altered date and I had to call them on it. They didn't budge on the date. This was a great inconvenience to my son and to me since I wanted to be present for the move. It makes me wonder what is the value of a signed contract with Affordable Movers if they can alter without my consent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Movers?

Affordable Movers

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. We value your thoughts. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us. Thank you

Original review: May 12, 2017

On time, polite and nothing was damaged or scratched and very professional. Would recommend to friends and family. Called to find out when the truck would arrive and got a quick reply and answer over the phone. Movers were quick with unloading.

I was referred to Affordable Movers. Now I would recommend affordable movers because they have great customer service and the staff were very great my questions and with handling my stuff during pick up and delivery. I will be using affordable movers for my next move.

Insufficient response received

They want over 70% of the money up front. The sales person is very pushy and they will be a cheaper price than most moving companies out there. We set a pickup date of Wednesday or Thursday. I received a call on Tuesday stating they would be there Wednesday, then I received another call from dispatch stating they would be there between 9am and noon on Thursday. I received another call stating that the guys would not be arriving in town until 5:00pm Thursday so they would be there to move me on Friday morning first thing. This was a business move and I had to fly in and out for our company. Ultimately they did not show up to start moving until Friday at 2:00pm and I was supposed to be on a plane at 4:00pm.

Beware of the first quote from the sales person. It will not be accurate and once the movers got to our office I received a new quote that was over $3k more for the move. We opted to not take everything instead of paying the higher price. We just received a call saying they were holding our business goods hostage until they received our final check. These movers want all of the money but they will not arrive and drop off at the time that they have contracted to be there. This company is a scam artist. Do not use them because they expect you to hold to the letter of the contract but they do not.

Good Afternoon

I truly apologize that your experience was thus far not what you expected it to be unfortunately our customer service department was not made aware nor our claims department was not made aware that there were any issues regarding the finalization of your move with your move you are entitled to additional insurance that is part of your agreement which we pay a good amount of money to this department to handle everything our customers need we are willing to work with you please contact us and let us know how we can make you satisfied or a little at ease with our company we truly never want our customers to feel this way and would love the opportunity to be able to assist you. please contact out office at 800-208-5573 thank you.

Original review: April 24, 2017

Absolute worst Movers and liars I have dealt with. The quote was reasonable but then doubled once the movers arrived. Then it took the movers four times to move my things not to mention all the hidden fees. As in $225 to move from my unit to the elevator $125 to use the elevator. They moved my stuff from the unit to the elevator then from the elevator to the 1st floor then from the first floor to the truck and then finally loaded the truck. It was not far at all from my unit to the truck. They didn't wrap anything with blankets and there was no wall between my things and the other people's things in the truck as they state will happen. The movers took a smoke break every 30 min and smoked in the trailer of the truck where all of my things were being packed. Then the driver was yelling at someone on the phone while trying to pack my things and then when I was filling out the paperwork he was on the phone again yelling at someone again.

When I asked what I was signing he just said, "Sign it!!!" Worst experience until they delivered my things. Everything was smashed on the truck. All boxes were completely smashed in and my furniture had scrapes all over it and my dining buffet has a huge hole in it. They didn't put the beds together and did very little except throw all the boxes in the dining room. I have tried to contact the company but of course I am not getting any response. Please do NOT use this company. They are the worst ever. Horrible customer service and the movers such scammers. Buyer BEWARE is all I can say.

Affordable Movers is a quality moving company that I would highly recommend. From start to finish the personnel from office staff to the actual moving people treated my family and belongings like we were family. From pick to delivery, awesome!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First I want to say that our moving team was excellent, timely, and careful. This was an out of state move and we had a very specific time frame which was met. So Affordable Movers gets an A+ for the move itself. The 'Binding Estimate', very significantly missed the mark however, and was apparently not binding. Our move cost about $1000 over the estimate, roughly a 25% increase from what we were told. We added 1 bicycle, 1 two-drawer filing cabinet, 3 small folding end tables and two folding chairs; we eliminated 6 medium sized boxes (original inventory included 20 boxes, we moved 14). I'm sure our few added items did not increase the cost by $1000, which is why I believe that our original estimate was off.

I understand that until the load is on the truck that the actual square footage is unknown, and the load was billed by square footage. I get that. However since I was lead to believe the estimate to be "binding", I planned and budgeted accordingly and had to scramble for cash at the last minute to meet the actual cost of the move. Still, I would recommend Affordable Movers for doing an excellent job -- Just don't believe the 'binding' estimate.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

During the research and selection process of which company to use to help with my family's move, Affordable Movers was one of them. They provided an estimate and I gave them my cc information to put a deposit ($2,100) for the desired date. This was mainly to ensure that if I didn't find anything better I'd be all set. When I decided to go with another company I cancelled via email so there would be no confusion and to have written proof that I cancelled well within the time period allowed for cancellation. I explained the situation and received an email that same day that it would take 7-10 days to hit my account. Well, 20 days after that email, still no refund to my account. So I called the company asking about the refund. They told me that the request was never sent to the people that handle that and that they would do it now and in 3-5 days the money would hit my account.

Eight days go by, nothing. I call again, I'm told that I will receive an email with a receipt that day. 24 hours later, nothing. I call back, I'm put on hold; I'm taken off hold and can hear a conversation that I'm not sure I should be a part of and she starts speaking to someone else saying that she had talked to me the day before and that I wasn't going to believe her if she told me that I would get the email confirmation so she asked someone else to talk to me. Then I'm put back on hold.

Then I'm taken off of hold a man is speaking and asks me my information. I tell him that he should already know my information, but I give it to him anyway. He asks my name, I say he should know my name, but tell him anyway. Then he asks why I have this attitude. I tell him that it's because I've been waiting almost a month for my refund. He tells me that he's the guy that's trying to help me. He tells me that we could do this the easy way or the hard way. Every time I try to provide feedback and justification this guy just cuts me off and talks about the easy way or the hard way.

I ask to speak to his manager because he's just not listening to me. He tells me he's the owner. I'm raising my voice now but he's still not listening to me and keeps talking about easy way/hard way, that I should expect an email and that it will take 3-5 days. I tell him that I will be calling every hour to ensure that nobody has forgotten about my request. He tells me there's no need as the email will arrive in 5 minutes. Within 5 minutes I have my email. Within 2 days I finally have my money refunded.

I would highly recommend this company. One, because the staff and the office was great. As well as a driver at the beginning of my move. As well as a driver at the end of my move. They were courteous and knowledgeable. Then I had a few antique pieces that needed special care. All of my items arrived on time and anytime I need an update I was given one.

The movers were punctual and thorough in handling the furniture. I was impressed with the time they put in to covering all items and gently handling the fragile items. They took the necessary time to complete the task without being in a rush. The truck also arrived much sooner than I anticipated. I would recommend Affordable Movers and use them again.

Resolution In Progress

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Hired them for a move from New York to Florida. When they showed up to load they told me I was way way over my space allotment. Then one of the movers, Hercules, pulled me aside and said that if I "made it worth his while" he would pack very carefully and make sure everything fit within my allotment. Like a fool, I gave him $200. Then the other guy, Eddy, asked me for another $200 to look the other way if there were any overages. Since I could not afford the extra $1,000 they told me I would owe, I foolishly gave him another $200. Then he wanted to know when I wanted delivery, and told me that if I wasn't sure to just pick a day and call them 3 days ahead of time if I needed to change it.

After asking me to go buy them some dinner, they told me they couldn't possibly fit anymore and left me with a lot of things still there. Shortly thereafter my daughter discovered that her $2,000 laptop was missing. Thinking it must have accidentally gotten packed, I did nothing. Well, 3 days before the date I had given them for delivery, I called to say I wouldn't be ready for delivery and they told me it was too late because they'd already loaded the truck. Now they wanted another $500 to deliver and told me the next day they could deliver was Feb. 25. So I DELAYED my arrival another few days so we wouldn't be hanging around in an empty house for 8 days. Then they called a few days later and said they'd be delivering on the 16th! But I hadn't left for Florida yet because they'd told me the 25th.

Now they wanted another $500 because once again they'd packed the truck and had to unload it. Well, I finally made it to Florida, borrowed money from my family to pay the extra money (without which they refused to deliver my furniture), and got my delivery. Multiple items are missing, I have a few things belonging to someone else, and the laptop is gone. Many things are broken, even Corelle plates which can withstand a lot without breaking. I seriously doubt I will ever see any recompense for any of this. I made VERY bad decisions: hiring them, paying their extortion, and believing them about the moving dates. Save yourself money and extreme frustration by steering clear of Affordable Movers!

Now that my furniture has finally arrived, I just have to make sure I warn everyone out there. Please spread the word... DON'T USE a company named Affordable Movers (affordable-mover.com). The entire experience was a disaster! Issues with contracts, sales rep said he was the owner of the company. They showed up 3 days late to pick up the furniture, didn't deliver it for 10 days even though we were told 4-6 for the direct ship they committed. Furniture ended up in storage in Virginia. Driver had an accident on the way down, cost $1500 more than the estimate. They left boxes clearly labelled for each room stacked in the garage. And to top it off, the guys they had unload the truck... they hired them off Craig's list for this job! Stay away from Affordable Movers!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Where to begin? From often being impossible to get a hold of, movers literally leaving items on the wall behind, the most irresponsible pick jobs I have ever seen that LITERALLY had the most fragile items packed in the bottom of the boxes crammed with other heavy items on top, the broken TV, the broken sewing machine, being strung along by dispatch for WEEKS as to when our shipment might arrive, no return calls, only about 5/80 boxes labeled AT ALL.... this was the worst service I have ever received. I thought I was paying higher cost to receive better service. I have no idea how this company has a favorable rating on this site. My grandma and I feel SCAMMED.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Nice as pie until delivery, when a dishonest, taciturn driver showed up with two local laborers. He stiffed the laborers on their tips. Kept me from truck. Destroyed some very sentimental and/or valuable pieces, altered the contract WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AFTER IT HAD BEEN SIGNED AND FILED. My household goods arrived smelling of musty, dusty warehouse, some w/ watermarks, much damage, much missing. They even stripped pieces off my bike! They charged me twice for something we had already paid, then held my goods hostage until I agreed to pay half of their bogus fee (which was added AFTER contract was signed and filed). I have receipts, all paperwork, but no working scanner.

First off, these guys are our saviors!! My boyfriend and I were moving from to Arizona and planned our move months ago with a different company. That company who will remain nameless totally screwed us and never showed up day of and then tried to push our move back to the next day which ** up our plans even more. Needless to say, we called Affordable Movers that day in a panic and asked if they had any availability. They were incredibly helpful over the phone (thanks Ana!) and then within just a few hours 3 men came to the rescue! They were efficient, friendly and thorough and were in and out in less than 45 minutes. I couldn't recommend them enough! Do yourself a favor and hire these guys for your move!

Affordable Movers helped me turn a very stressful moving situation into something I didn't have to worry about at all. They arrived early at the pickup, but I didn't feel pressured to move early if I did not wish to. They were careful, courteous, and quick with moving my large dresser, and assembling my queen size bed. Everything was wrapped very well and carefully, and there was not a scuff on any piece of my property. The administrative team was also very helpful and understanding of my numerous changes to my moving requests.

Great experience with these guys from the initial phone call I made to book. The person was super friendly and helpful. The movers themselves were very quick (not chit chatting). Make sure to use them, you save a few bucks! These guys were cheaper than all the others and did a great job! I do recommend them highly!

We are very pleased with the service received; they were very helpful and attentive at quotation stage and in the period before moving date and time could be finalized. The moving crew showed up only 15 minute late at the moving day and kept apologizing for the delay because of the traffic jam. The moving crew worked quickly and with due care. They were professional and polite throughout and showed patience when it was needed! They remained cheerful and good humored. They made a stressful day much easier and I can't praise them highly enough. Thank you.

I had difficulty finding movers to move me to Atlanta, GA. I called everywhere and the quotes were ridiculous and the delivery time for my furniture would range from 6 to 8 weeks. When I found Affordable Movers the quote was within my budget and the delivery time was guaranteed 2 to 14 days after pick up date. I am very happy with the service.

Affordable Movers did a great job by making sure everything was going throughout the entire process it whatsoever from the move. The movers did fantastic job moving all my items carefully and loading the truck making sure and I'm showing hardware throughout the entire move. I even tip them for doing an outstanding job. I appreciate you guys working with me today. I really like about this moving carrier. I definitely will use you guys and ready to anybody that's looking for a moving company you guys. The best service offered by Affordable Movers.

Great experience. I decided to use this company because of a friend's recommendation. I never used movers before. Company was great in communication and explained what to expect from the move pretty well. On the move day they showed up 30 minutes early and moved everything in about 4 hours which was even a little bit faster than I anticipated. I tipped the guys because they deserved it and will use this company again for any future moves. No need to rent trucks anymore. Thank you again.

The movers were great. The day we moved it was pouring rain and the guys were very careful to not let our leather couches get damaged at all... they covered and fully wrapped them before taking them out. The crew they sent were all hard working, strong, nice guys. I am not used to being called ma'am since I am pretty young but they all called me ma'am the entire time and were very respectful. I spoke with the owner twice before the move and he was great. I would use Accurate Movers again and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone moving. They took a very stressful day and actually made it kind of fun with their kindness.

It went very well. There was a crew of 5 and we needed it! This included the Lead person who really kept things running smoothly. We moved 2.5 miles and they filled one truck, unloaded and delivered the next truck. The timing was excellent and they took care of our things. Still unpacking but nothing broken. We had everything marked and for the most part everything was put in the correct room. I would recommend them completely.

Affordable Movers is an exceptional company with an energetic, committed guy. He directed his crew professionally and the move was flawless. Having moved several times before, this experience was my best and I am most grateful. I will certainly use this firm in the future and encourage all others to do so. Truly outstanding in every way!

Excellent movers from the beginning till the end. This is the second time I have used Affordable Movers and once again have been impressed with the high quality and professionalism shown through the experience. For the second move, the team leader was he was very smart and efficient. This time I requested full service packing and great care was shown to all items and furniture. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for moving services. Great customer service all around once again!!! Looks like my lifetime moving company!!!

They showed up right on time, not a minute late, and got to work right away. They were extremely professional, efficient, and thoughtful with all of my personal belongings. Everything arrived at my new location intact. They even made a quick stop for me that was not scheduled. I could not be happier with this moving company!! I will definitely use them again in the future and will recommend to all my friends. Thank you for making such a stressful day manageable. Thanks!!!

Affordable Movers Company Profile