2. Movers

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.77/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

At Affordable Mover, we know how stressful it can be to relocate. That's why we make moving, whether local or long distance, the easiest it can be! All aspects of your move are handled by us - from packaging, storage and insurance - we've got you covered. We also specialize in corporate relocations and have years of experience helping business find the right location. Call us today to get more information, and sleep a little easier knowing you're working with the best of the best.

Move With Ease

Get matched with a trusted, professional moving company.

Get Matched Now

Affordable Movers Reviews

Original review: March 4, 2020

I booked a move two weeks in advance with Affordable Movers owned by Frank Ball and he tried to overcharge me and never showed up to move me. Thank God I did not book online or I would be fighting in court for my money back. He never answered any of my calls and texted on the day of the move that he was not coming. I strongly suggest that no one uses their service. Frank is a known fraud and I got a tip that he is in America illegally. He also tried to commit insurance fraud and he false advertise accreditation about his business. He claims to be BBB & Angie's List certified but he is not. He mainly advertises on Craigslist for free and preys on people with money. I strongly suggest not to book online. It is a scam and it will be hell to pay to get your money back.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I called and talked to FRANK three times on three consecutive days. He committed to a move and never showed up or called to keep me informed about the move. THEY ARE ONLY AFFORDABLE IF THEY SHOW UP. ABSOLUTELY NOT RELIABLE.

Get buying tips about Moving Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

They were prompt, pleasant, and did their work in good time, and nothing was damaged. And their charges were reasonable. And the weather was nice. They were friendly but kept at their work. We got started packing back in August but we still weren’t ready.

Original review: April 14, 2019

Do not work with them!!! Their prices are cheaper for a reason!!!! It's taken me this long to write a review because I would get so angry thinking about them that I would get a migraine. Now, 9 months later, I can finally write about this traumatic experience. They said they'd arrive one evening and never showed: no call, no show. The next day they came. They packed my things fine, but then... a month passed before I got my stuff in my new location. I called almost daily to talk to them. Sometimes I couldn't get ahold of them; I'm convinced they screened my calls, because my friend would call on my behalf and they'd answer right away. They gave me *5* different dates for when my things would arrive and never made these dates.

The worst part, though, is when they finally came. They were missing a bunch of my stuff. The boxes looked like they'd been through a war: it was clear they had been stacked with no regard for weight or size. And what's even sadder, they brought someone else's stuff too. When I said it wasn't mine... they threw it in the dumpster!!! I'm talking furniture (a table! a vanity!), boxes of clothes, etc. Of course, if you don't buy extra protection on your move, you can't get any money back for what's lost or damaged.

Here's what was missing in my shipment: Missing: Dirty water container for Bissell carpet cleaner, Shark vacuum, Box of leggings, tights, and headbands, 2 humidifiers, Foam roller, Yoga block and mat, A box of books, Box fan, Wall mirror, Stand for Christmas tree. Approximately 1/3 of my dishes and glasses were broken, as well. I so wish I had paid an extra $1500 for a better mover. I cannot believe they're still in business.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

WORST COMPANY EVER. Please, take these reviews seriously. I reiterate everything these other 1 star reviews say. Seriously, take your chance with someone else. Delivery was 1 month late because they decided to store my stuff on the wrong side of the country! Candles were completely melted so it is not temperature controlled even though they tell you it is. They put on a great sales face, but all of it is lies. They held my items hostage when the final movers came in a smaller shuttle (which you have to pay extra for), and was a third party they hired, and when they presented the final price to me, it was different than my quoted price. So I had to wait and call the company, and the guy SCREAMED at me and said he will take all of my stuff if I didn't pay the difference.

I refused, and thankfully the third party people were so kind and gave me my stuff because I had the invoice. Half of my stuff was broken, including several boxes that were smashed in half with huge FRAGILE written on every side. Seriously, save yourself from this horrendous company. They are IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of and are complete liars once you sign the contract.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Movers?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

My move was April 24th, 2018. I was told by "Mike" customer service that my furniture and things would be picked up on Monday from Mt Pleasant, SC and driven down to Florida Monday afternoon. Movers would spend the night and deliver my things on Tuesday morning. I was so excited! Yes, moving sucks but due to two back surgeries I had to utilize using small, manageable boxes. They did not show up on Monday. Didn't hear a word. Had to call dispatch a few times to find out where they were. Turns out truck broke down in NC and had to wait to be fixed. All they had to do was tell me. Not even a courtesy call. Truck finally showed up Tuesday afternoon late. Non English speaking driver kept pushing me to hurry up and sign papers. Didn't even get to understand what I was signing for. Plus got charged extra because I had a few more boxes because I couldn't manage big boxes.

I did good to pack all of the boxes myself! Driver stayed at truck on cell phone smoking the whole time. After everything was loaded, THEN they tell me they have other moves and my things would not be delivered to Florida next day as promised. PROMISED!!! They didn't even tell me where my things were going or when they would be there. The nonspeaking English driver could certainly demand a gratuity before driving off for himself and movers. I had planned to tip but was informed that would probably be different delivery people. This was a nightmare. I had to constantly call dispatch to see when I could expect my things. Never a clear answer. "Mike" is nowhere to be found and I was told he was going to be reprimanded for promising next day delivery. I was fed up with these people and no show delivery that week.

I went to police in Florida to see what could be done but said had to contact police in SC since that's where originated. Still no response from company. The following Thursday May 3rd, a driver called to tell me my things would be delivered Saturday midday. I asked where my furniture was and said it had relocated to several warehouses. I know it was in two in NC, and he was picking up from Atlanta! When I finally received my things, my sister who was visiting even helped unload the truck. I was tired and frustrated and had so many complaints. Items bubble wrapped and double bubbled were broken, items still haven't shown up to this day that never made the journey. I ended up sleeping on the floor which caused my back and knee to flare up. I filed 3 claims with them for damage/missing items.

I was overcharged (not expected) by $1,000+ and still to this day get NO response from these people except to "file my claim". Filed three claims thru email as they requested and sent one copy of everything thru the mail to them. Still no response. NO, I would not recommend or ever use these people again. This company is full of SHYSTERS! I even asked the ladies in dispatch how they could even work for such a company, knowing we are hardworking people and wanted to believe and trust them. NO FAITH I'll ever hear from them to correct things as well as adios to things never delivered and no recovery for things that were broken. USE SOMEONE ELSE!!!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

I HAVE THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH THIS AFFORDABLE MOVERS COMPANY. MY MISTAKE I DID NOT SEE ON YELP ABOUT THEM. I wish I would have. At the bottom written by someone else, I had most worst experience with them. This has been the worst moving experience ever!!! They are liars and thieves!!! From the original quote we were given which changed $2,000 when they arrived to pick up our items and then our items sat in a warehouse for over 8 weeks before they even found a driver to ship them.

The driver was extremely rude and confrontational yelling and cussing at US upon delivery. Not to mention tried charging us more again for the delivery and in our contract it stated we would have to drop off locations (ie storage and residential) which the driver disagreed. Then several items were broken but the worst part is ALMOST HALF OF OUR ITEMS ARE MISSING (STOLEN) and they aren’t doing anything about it!!! We are beyond frustrated and upset with this company and would never ever recommend them to anyone!!! I requested several times that I have my baby's stuff and we need it asap. ALL I WANT TO SAY DO NOT GO WITH THIS LIAR COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

First I do not think the truck driver knew much English yet having sign papers he doesn’t even know what says. Just knows you need to sign. They assure you on phone you won’t need to insure your items because they cover 10,000 but read on 60 cents per lb. That means your flat screen tv is worth about $6 if they lose it which they will and if they damage things which they will. They wrap up but when I received some not all of my items the boxes were crushed. I basically think they steal items that are worth something and try and tell you they are lost. The movers came and said I had way more stuff and would cost me more. I wasn’t moving a lot and when I had concerns the day I moved I had to take risk because my stuff needed to be out.

It didn’t make sense cost more because I basically used same number of boxes on my quote. Movers said salesmen always wrong. That’s reassuring. Then salesman who said, "Contact anytime," could not be found. The person who answers their calls sounds like she’s working from home and never answers "Affordable Movers" just "movers". I lost things - they stole basically because they said found them and they are on their way. Been week. Haven’t seen or heard from them. DON'T USE THEM. YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I have moved many time, this is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a moving company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. Gouged me on price, missed delivery dates 5 times so far. WARNING WARNING WARNING!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Felt rushed, mislead on delivery length of time. This company is past 21 business days. Say my leather furniture has been wrapped in plastic over month, this company messes with your life. Please don't hire, complete runaround. There are much better companies. Have legal involved. Hope they can convince them to give what's mine. Can't believe in Colorado.

Affordable Movers author review by Tom Rains

The company handles local, long-distance and international moves. It works with residential and commercial clients. It also offers student housing moves.

• Types of moves: Affordable Movers provides local, long-distance and international moves to residential and commercial clients. Student housing moves are also available.

• Cost: To move from California to London, you can expect a cost of about $4,900 for 2,000 cubic feet of belongings. Costs vary widely based on several factors, so it’s best to contact Affordable Movers directly for a quote.

• Service areas: Long-distance moves are available across the United States. International moves are available all over the world.

• Additional services: Storage is available if your moving dates don’t align perfectly. The company offers packing and unpacking services and employs movers trained in art and piano moving.

by Tom Rains ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Tom Rains graduated from the University of Oklahoma in 2014 with a master’s degree in Professional Writing. Tom’s passion for delivering quality content fuels him to provide consumers with accurate, well-researched information on major life purchases.

Affordable Movers Company Information