4.09/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Discover the right moving company for you
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Affordable Movers

At Affordable Mover, we know how stressful it can be to relocate. That's why we make moving, whether local or long distance, the easiest it can be! All aspects of your move are handled by us - from packaging, storage and insurance - we've got you covered. We also specialize in corporate relocations and have years of experience helping business find the right location. Call us today to get more information, and sleep a little easier knowing you're working with the best of the best.

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 19, 2017

153 Affordable Movers Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have moved while I was in the military several times. This was the first time I have done it as a civilian. It's a much different experience. They are much more cordial. And understood I was the customer and not the US Navy. Other than that the level of service was the same and they actually delivered faster than Allied or United ever did.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Moving Service from Colorado Springs, CO to Eureka Springs, AR. My husband and I had a budget of $7500 to make this move. Sales Representative promised things the company could not deliver and the information contradicted what was written in the contract agreement. BUYERS BEWARE! They low ball the original estimate to draw you in and once it's too late to back out they nail you. This is provided so that others can be knowledgeable upfront. THIS WAS OUR EXPERIENCE:

Initial pitch from the rep was great and their years of experience and abilities touted as exceptional. When asked if someone would come out to the house to provide an estimate, I was told they found that walking through the home with the customer via phone was just as accurate as sending someone to perform the walk-through in person so we proceeded to do so. When finished she was told all items in the garage and two sheds would also be included in the move. I was informed at this time that I could back out of the contract up to 3 days before household goods were to be picked up and receive a full refund. Additionally, in the initial conversation, I stated we were moving to a home that was located down a long, steep, one lane and winding road. The rep stated the scheduling people would google the location and get back to us if there was an issue with delivery and or additional cost.

FIRST ESTIMATE for a 3 bedroom home with garage and two sheds provided by sales rep on 21 Jun 2017: $6500. Since this was within our budget - we signed up. Deposit of 20% required at that time. Communication was lacking after the initial conversation so much so that I wrote an email to the rep with my concerns. Pictures were provided via text to the sales rep to ensure she had as much information to provide an accurate estimate. SECOND ESTIMATE given 18 Jul 2017, the day before pick up (it's now past the 3 day window to back out) and was informed that this was a "WORST CASE SCENARIO": $7200. I told the sales rep that we were okay with the increase.

THIRD ESTIMATE given 19 Jul 2017, by the head of the pickup crew: $9376. This was extremely disconcerting. They had to be paid 50% in Cashier's check. I was informed THEY WOULD NOT CONTINUE UNLESS PAID. I was then told to sign a form rescinding the original estimate - I reluctantly did so with a note stating that this is not according to the binding estimate (Worst Case Scenario) provided by the sales rep. Just one other piece of information, in early conversation with the sales rep a delivery date of 25 Jul to the new location was requested. She informed me, via phone, that the requested date should pose no problem because they usually take about 5-6 days for delivery - this statement from the rep was in direct conflict with what is documented in the contract.

I was informed by the Transportation Manager on the day of pick up, that the requested date could not be accommodated and they had up to three weeks to deliver the goods. I was also informed at this time there would probably be an additional charge due to the location of the new home. FOURTH ESTIMATE given 27 July 2017, prior to delivery of the household goods to new location: $12,000. THEY WOULD NOT DELIVER UNTIL 70% OF TOTAL WAS PAID. I paid the total amount so that no more snags would be encountered.

BUT: another email was received from dispatch on 31 July 2017 asking for yet another $500. I told her I would not pay another cent until I spoke with the owners of the company. Not another word was said until the day of the delivery - once unloaded, the transportation manager stated I owed another $500 dollars and if not paid, they would reload everything. ORIGINAL BID: $6500 ACTUAL AMOUNT PAID: $12,500. How does a company that is supposed to have all this experience be so far off with a bid? The household goods were held ransom at each stage of the process until they received payment for their cost increases.

Just a few more pieces of information: Now that we have gone through most of the delivery, several items are totally missing such as a large tool cabinet, a tool box, bike rack, hitch extension, and dolly along with many broken items such as two taxidermy fish and turkey feather mount, crystal glasses, slow cooker etc. Please note that although they have one experienced person who manages, they hire local temps to perform the actual packing. Although I do plan to make a claim, they have you sign the form with the following warning: "Before signing check shipment, count items and describe loss or damage in space on the right above". There is no way that all items can be checked in the amount of time the delivery personnel are at the house. A BBB complaint has been filed to no avail. We're hoping this review will save a lot of people from the moving nightmare we experienced.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

We moved from Chicago to Houston, TX two months ago. The scheduled pick up time was at 10:00 am in the morning, but they came at around 8:00 pm in the evening and finished after midnight. The driver called Mike (in Chicago) doubled the quote for the cube feet that was obtained over the phone with Brandon so we were charged two times higher.

It was too dark for us to check the cube feet in the truck in Chicago since it was after midnight. But we checked the cube feet when it delivered to Houston and confirmed the overcharge. Plus the delivery delayed for many days. Even worse, we have many damaged items and missing items. We contacted both Brandon and Julia about these issues by emails many times in the past two months but both of them never replied. We would give them a negative star. We will never use this company again!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

Every review you read on here that is one star is correct. The positive ones have to be fake cause there is no way this company has ever been rated positive by a actual person who has used them!! In real life they are the worst moving company I have ever dealt with... EVER! I have moved across country three times and this was just a horrible experience from this unprofessional and scamming company of misfits. First the quoting scam they play is spot on in the negative reviews! They will quote you the lowest cost and lie to you about it being firm. Then when they show up to maybe you they will tell you it must be doubled in order to move your stuff. Yes doubled, not slightly higher or an increase of a small amount... DOUBLED!!

I told them to get back in their truck and go pound sand!!! I'm not paying double for a "firm" quote I was given! After about 20 minutes of haggling we settled on a price that was competitive from now what I know as "reputable moving companies"! I didn't need "door to door" so I wasn't concerned about the delivery window which wasn't bad. Details: the firm quote I was given was $7,061.25, when they showed up to move my stuff it was quoted to me over the phone as $14,700.00!! We settled on $11,000!!

Now for the delivery: the delivery was the worst overall I was contacted and asked if they could show up the same day as they called three weeks later at 8:00 pm, I have a lot of stuff and they said it will take three hours to unload, I told them no way in hell and to reschedule. They called again and said okay the next day at 5:00 pm and they never showed up! Then they called me at 10:00 pm and said 2:00 pm the next day, I agreed. They ended up showing up at 3:30 and it was just two guys that took 7 hours to unload my stuff! Yes seven hours and because they were so slow and incompetent I had them put the majority of stuff in the garage because it was taking them forever!!! They didn't leave my house until 11:00 pm that night! What made it even more comical at this point was the fact they were late for me because they picked up a load from someone else and had to unload it on the street before they could unload my stuff.

The two guys were slow, horrible and totally unprofessional! After all was done almost everything that we unwrapped was either scratched or broken! Almost Everything not exaggerating, if it wasn't scratched it was broke! They wrapped my TVs in blankets and as you can guess my largest one a 55" LCD Samsung was shattered!!! My furniture was beat and had chunks missing from the wood or veneer! Other things were just completely destroyed and many items missing!!! If you care about your stuff and money go anywhere else, I will never forget this and make sure anyone I know who is moving will be warned to not use this company that should be put out of business!!!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I called Affordable Movers at the last minute after another company left me high and dry on the day of my move. Luckily I was able to speak to my landlord and get another day. Affordable did show up the next day and did a great job. All my furniture was wrapped so no damage took place. They packed a few boxes for me on the house as well since I was still running behind. Overall a great company in comparison to the other one I was dealing with beforehand.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Movers?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

From the beginning to the end I was pleased with Affordable Movers. Bob was my salesperson and he was very upfront about the process and what I was to expect along the way. The actual movers themselves were very professional and took great care of my belongings. I would definitely use them again although I never want to move this distance ever again in my life. Thanks to Affordable Movers team!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have moved ten times and this was by far my worst experience. Rugs were lost, dishes broken, lamps broken, statues broken, clothing wrapped in a blanket rather than hung in a garment box which I was charged $85 for. They did the packing no less.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

8/27/17- Move from VA to FL. Michael, Sr. Consultant for Affordable Movers told me more lies than I can recount. The most egregious of them all being that he promised the price was guaranteed and absolutely would not change. He said "Unless we surprised them with a hot tub, the estimate was binding and would stay the same". He even went so far as to say his quote was "over estimated by 5%" to leave extra room for more items.

Last Wednesday, I told him we had over 50 boxes and were still packing and were taking an extra chest of drawers and love seat. He assured me this would not impact the cost but that he would write it down. However, he did not inform the drivers. When the movers arrived, they said the estimate was wrong and that we now owe $5,649 which is over double the estimate ($2550). This is completely unacceptable. We were stuck because we had to move so we had no other choice than to agree to the new terms. We were basically at their mercy with no one to call and no way to resolve it. Michael promised to be available on Saturday 8/19/17 during our move for precisely this reason. He said he would call and check on us during the move. He said he would "see the move through start to finish."

However, on the day of the move, he was not available by phone, email or text and did not return my call or call on his own. This was very concerning because the move was not going as promised. I felt completely abandoned and taken advantage of. He promised to handle any issues that came up on the day of the move. Over a week later and still no call or email from him. Furthermore, we were not given any communication from the company as to where our items were. I had to call every day to find out. The "track shipment" on the website does not actually work. Another lie.

Finally, when our items were being picked up the driver's helper followed me to my car and pressured me for a 15% tip and said he'd "take care of us if we take care of him" and said "he doesn't get paid by the company but that tips is how he eats". He made me feel extremely uncomfortable and I felt in danger. My husband did give him and the driver a tip because to be honest we were frightened for our safety. When they opened the tip, they complained and said it was not enough and said they have a "harder job than the people unloading the items so they should be tipped more". That is so unprofessional and inappropriate. And to top it off, the movers left two holes in our wall. I called to tell the mover and he told me to fix it myself.

On 8/21/17 Megan, customer service rep, heard my story and admitted it was awful and that Michael lied and that the mover was inappropriate. She promised a discount and to call me back. I'm still waiting for that call. This company made an already stressful experience completely awful. Thankfully our items did arrive on 8/27/17 however there was some damage to our items and home.

The drivers who did the delivery were very good. They acted professionally. I appreciate their hard work and honesty. However they were forced by their superiors to unload someone else's items into our garage so they could get to our belongings. This caused an extra hour of time. Not to mention, how unprofessional it is of a company to unload someone else's belongings into my garage. The best part - they call themselves affordable movers and yet they ended up costing us more than even the highest estimate we received! We have since found several of our items to be broken and are missing a book shelf.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This was my first move and I'm so happy I chose Affordable. Not only was the price great but the movers were so polite and worked so hard. My whole house was packed in just half a day!! The guys even gave me one of their rolls of bubble wrap so I could finish packing some art I had. I wish I could give them 10 stars!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

These guys put on a good show when they arrived, packed everything up mostly in a professional manner. When they delivered at the other end, in a different truck our stuff was literally thrown in and boxes broken open everywhere. Almost nothing was undamaged, only the stuff we packed ourselves in indestructible boxes. Some stuff missing, did not realize till later because driver did not have page 2 of manifest and I could not read mine to check inventory. The lack of respect for our stuff was appalling... We don't have a lot of high end stuff but some heirlooms and all were broken or damaged.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Every post on here is a replica of our exact experience. Affordable Movers came across professional on the phone and quoted us our lowest quote. We hired them for our cross country move and from there everything went south. Once they showed up they doubled our quote. With our house packed and about to hit the road, plus the down payment you have already paid, they know you have no choice. It took us a MONTH to get our stuff and they promised one week. Once they delivered, they would not take anything upstairs, our boxes were smashed and some stuff never made it. We ended up with other people's belongings and several boxes (one being almost all of my shoes) never made it. Furniture was broken, and there was clearly no regard for our life's possessions. I would not use them for any reason. There is a reason they are not BBB certified.

Original review: July 25, 2017

EVERYTHING was a lie!! Bait and Switch classic! I am a seasoned mover, i.e. military. I have had 15 professional moves. I knew the quote was too good to be true, but money was not the issue. I don't mind paying a fair price. A fair price would have been about 5K. They quoted $2900.00... I told him Michael the smooth salesperson... that I need door to door... that was my main concern. Did not want my stuff put in storage and no semi trucks, etc. He told whatever it is he thought I need to hear.

They showed up in the biggest truck I have ever seen. Before I let them load I called and said my stuff will be in CA next week... "Yes ma'am. Should be no problem". Packer/driver would not commit. Quote end up to 5800! I did not have any appliances, or garage tools, etc. Just boxes and light furniture. I told him there were stairs, he said he would have that waived. Anyway they did a good job nicely packing my stuff...that is all I can say positive.

So I rush To CA. I have only 10 days off before I go to work to get settled, etc. I am going to be traveling job after that. Long story short... they put my stuff in PCola storage down the street. I sat in empty house 3 weeks, no work clothes, etc. At one time they actually lied to me and told me it was on its way and then driver called and told me he didn't have my stuff. I had told them I would fly back and rent a haul and get my stuff myself... I talked to everyone possible... Isaac bold faced lied to me. Michael the sales person who said he'd be there till end disappeared. So stuff finally arrives after I am sure they found the cheapest person to contract it out too... It looked like stuff had been just thrown on truck! Broken legs, missing chair and missing at least 2 boxes of handmade Italian dishes that can't be replaced and still not sure what else is missing!

I had to travel after stuff arrived and am still unpacking. Ruined my 4th of July. Stuff should have arrived 2 weeks prior to holiday as promised and planned. Yes the contract made no promises. But I trust people's word... Their M.O. is get your money and then do what they want. It did not have to go down like this. If I had only paid 2800.00 as quoted I would have been much more patient with my delay... but for what I was put through. I could have had a full pack and move. I packed myself and was quite organized.

All the negative reviews here are spot on and same story! I have barely touched on it. They need to be put out of business...THEY DONT CARE!!! It is pre calculated, their norm... I think they quote everyone around 3k... then it doubles! There is no reason to do business this way. I plan to post until I am reimbursed at least $1000.00 for move and my claim is paid! DO not use them!!! I did not have the time nor energy to do this but I am. No one should have to go through with this. I do not know how any of them sleep at night.

Original review: July 24, 2017

Hired Affordable Movers out of Edmond, OK. Saw all the great reviews and decided to use them. BIG MISTAKE! They were two days late. (It was one excuse after another, all lies.) When movers did finally show up, they tried to extort us! Told us that the contract we had signed was not good, and the deposit that had been paid didn't matter, that if we didn't pay the entire amount of the move to them they wouldn't load furniture.

We contacted the "Customer Service" several times. Had to use different phones because if they saw our number they wouldn't answer. Talked to Meagan the supposedly supervisor and she was a joke. We could hear the "Customer Service lady" talking beside her. We finally told movers to leave and they told us that they had our deposit. We have contacted the Georgia Department of Public Safety. What they did is against the law in Georgia. These people do business in several states so be careful. Too many good companies out there to do business with this one.

Original review: July 18, 2017

If you are looking for a moving company who will NOT return phone calls, respond to emails, misquote your move costs, and sell you a different bill of goods then stop reading and use Affordable-Movers.net. They are happy to take your money, belongings, and not deliver. To say working with this company has been terrible is an understatement.

My family and I relocated from Atlanta, Georgia to Denver, Colorado. I spoke with Michael (no last name) who presented himself as a senior sales representative. He was professional and assured me my requested date of delivery would not be a problem. I expressed how important his honesty was as my husband and I were starting our new jobs within a few days of the delivery. Michael reassured me this was not a problem and continued to explain how professional Affordable Movers are, this is a full service move, and no need to worry about anything. Affordable Movers would take care of it. I agreed to the terms, paid the $895 deposit, and agreed to 06/28/2017 pick up. At this point, Micheal has been very responsive and I feel confident in my decision to use affordable Movers. However, this confidence will be soon shattered and the reason I find myself writing this review.

June 26, 2017 - I received a phone call from Affordable Movers stating they were coming to pick up my belongings the following day - A FULL DAY EARLIER THAN CONTRACTED! I tried to tell myself this would be to our benefit and picking things up a day early would ensure the timely delivery in Denver. I would like to add the cost of our move doubled when they came to load the truck. I provided a very detailed inventory and was quoted 600 cubic ft. The movers changed this to 1000 cubic ft. We are backed into a corner and have limited options so we paid the new rate. My mother watched as one of the movers dropped a box clearly labeled "fragile" and did not seem to care when she confronted him about it.

June 30, 2017 - My family and I drive across the country with the bare necessities and arrive in Denver July 3, 2017. July 3 is the scheduled delivery date and I have yet to hear anything from Affordable Movers. July 3 is when the nightmare begins! My husband and I have called/emailed Affordable Movers and Michael no less than FIFTY TIMES (no exaggeration - I have the phone and email records)!!! How many responses did we receive? ZERO! NOT ONE PHONE CALL RETURNED OR A RESPONSE TO A SINGLE EMAIL!!!! My attorney has stepped in as my mouthpiece and has not had much luck with correspondence. The most recent update was my goods were out for delivery and the operations department would be calling to schedule delivery. This was supposed to happen by 12 noon eastern time Friday, July 14, 2017 and it did not.

I am writing this review twenty days after Affordable Movers robbed me of everything I know. I do not have any idea when or if my belongings are going to be delivered. I cannot get anyone to answer the phone or return a phone call to give me a status report. This company has given me no choice but to reach out to every media outlet available. This company has stolen my belongings and I will be damned if this happens to someone else. These people are thieves and do not care about the customer. This is the most unprofessional company I have ever done business with. I am begging ALL consumers to avoid Affordable-Movers.net at all costs! Buyer beware!

Original review: July 16, 2017

They showed up and immediately increased the quoted price by $1k. We were told they would disassemble furniture and reassemble at the final location... this was not true. After you pay, this company becomes impossible to contact. Also difficult to setup a drop off time... we were told Thursday night that it would be Friday night. Got a call Saturday that it would be Saturday night or Sunday morning. Got a text Saturday night saying 7 am Sunday. They finally showed up at 8 am Sunday morning. Oh, and they destroyed my entertainment center. Bookcase was badly damaged (it's fairly sturdy... not even sure how they manage to hurt it so badly).

Most of my furniture is badly scuffed or dented. The boxes... it looks like they rolled them down a hill or something. Seriously like out of the realm of what I thought was possible for how a moving company could damage boxes. And of course at least one lost box. And of course I'm trying to file a claim with them, but they are impossible to get on the phone, so no luck yet. Feel taken advantage of. I can't upload all images... but added a few. Every box was damaged - these were boxes that I bought new. So keep that in mind when looking at the images.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Affordable Movers did a fantastic job on my moving day. They showed up right on time and quickly got to work. Every step of the way, they treated my belongings with care. Everything was intact when we arrived at my new home and they promptly unloaded and put everything up right away. Not to mention, the quote they gave me was spot on and well within my budget.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Do not use these scam artists. I made a reservation a month before my move from Memphis to Atlanta. I drove 6 hours from Atlanta to meet the drivers. The day before, I contacted the salesperson, Nick, to ask what time to expect the movers. No response. I called the day of my move, at about 11:00 am, and was told that my move was scheduled for the next day. I told the rep that I had a contract with a move date for that day, obviously someone had gone into the system and changed the date. I told them that they were wrong and that I had to be moved that day because I had to get back to Atlanta for work. I was told someone would be there and call me by 4:00 pm. 4:00 rolls around and still no call. I call back and I got a message that they were closed.

I had been given the driver's number so I called him. He said to was told not to worry about the pick up because it had been reassigned to someone else. I finally find another number and get with dispatch who told me that they would be there the next day. I had to pay someone to meet them since I had to get back for work. Again, at 5:00 pm I receive a call saying they weren't showing up. I asked AGAIN for a refund and I was told that it would be done no later than 7/1. Guess what?? Still no refund. I have called several times. No answer. Left voicemails. No response. Sent emails to my sales rep. No response.

Now I'm on their online chat with someone who is telling me that a check was mailed to me. But he can't tell me when or where (again I've moved). And when I asked, "If there aren't any notes then how do you know for sure that the check was mailed?" He then tells me that I'm being confrontational and he's just trying to "help". I'm confrontational because I'm asking you about my money?? These people are laughable and I will be reposting them to my bank and the BBB for fraud. This is shady at best and criminal at worst.

Original review: July 5, 2017

This was a great experience from beginning to end. I always dread moving, just because you just never can be too sure as to the quality of the movers. Affordable movers eased my worry and did a job well done on my very large move to the big time. I pay the cost to be the boss. The movers were punctual, professional, and above all, effective. The movers were clearly experienced and handled all of my valuables flawlessly. A great crew all around. I had an awesome experience with this guys. Def recommend.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Okay, where to begin. There is no way that these guys have all these positive reviews, do not believe it. Okay, let us start with the nice salesperson (Alex), you see they seem so professional in the office but their movers are a completely different story. Alex failed to mention that customers pay by cubic sq. footage. I told this man that I had a 10X15 storage unit and we discussed in detail everything I had to move, I believe he actually did not include some things on purpose. So how in the world did he expect all my stuff to fit in such a small space? He quoted me 3,450.00 something like that. Mind you, this move took place May 20. However, I made it a point not to forget about my experience and to remember to write this review, because they were the worst movers I had ever used in my life, and the move was very stressful.

To make a long story short, they show up with a truck that is measured for me, to only use a specific amount of space. Nowhere near what I needed and the other space was taped off. Therefore, Jordan, explains to me that I need to come up with 800 more dollars after he has moved most of my stuff into the truck. I tell him "No, just leave it here then" and he says no he can't do that and that he will have to take it and leave it somewhere on their side, so as the customer have no choice but to pay this man. To top it all off, he turns it around and makes it seem like he is doing me a favor, but you can tell this is what they do all the time and it has worked for them.

When I brought it up to his manager/owner (Isaac) or whomever he is, said he does not want to work with customers who do not give him a good review. I said well I told him to unload my stuff but he said he could not and that he would have to take it with them. Therefore, I had no choice but to pay $800.00 more dollars. I will never ever use them again!

Original review: June 16, 2017

STAY AWAY!!!! Worst company ever!!!! We were quoted 2500$ (600 ft) for our move from NC to FL. The moving company called us one day before our move and said that they will be there the next day between 10 and 12 o'clock. They arrived at 4:30 PM. I have made a cake and had plenty of sodas and water set up for them. Before he even said "hello" or "how are you" he got out his measuring tape and his piece of paper and his pen. He went inside the house and started looking at all the stuff that needed to be moved. While he was looking around my husband noticed that the moving truck wasn't from Affordable Movers. Instead it said Transworld.

After he looked at everything he said it will be more than 2500. I told him to call his manager or I will call to see what's going on and why it would be more. When I looked over the inventory list we even had less of inventory than planned so I wondered how could it be more if we have less inventory. When I had the manager on the phone he was very rude and did not let me finish one sentence and told me that it would be $6000 and 1400 ft.³ instead of 600 ft.³ I have already made a deposit of $800 at that time. So my husband and I decided to let them drive back wherever they came from. So we went to U-Haul and rented a 550 ft.³ truck and loaded our household and the only thing we left behind was a small loveseat. I then called him and said that I want my $800 back. He basically laughed at me and told me, "That's not how it works because I sent my truck out to you". So I will go and get a lawyer to get this handled.

So Affordable Movers make themselves sound so great on the phone. Awesome estimates and prices and then when they get there they tell you a totally different price and of lot of people would probably let them do the move because there's no other choice. I am warning you people to stay away from these liars and save your money. Do not make the same mistake we did.

Original review: June 15, 2017

They were clean and professional. They were very efficient and they gave a good representation of the company. They had good quality people. I was very pleased with how everything went from start to finish, they were extremely wonderful. The experience was outstanding. Would definitely use them again. Highly recommended.

Original review: June 14, 2017

Absolutely EXCELLENT! What a great crew... These guys were professional, polite, and hardworking. It was a GREAT experience. The movers were fantastic and very efficient. I will definitely recommend to my family and friends. I was highly impressed with the experience I had with your company.

Original review: June 14, 2017

In today's time, online shopping is the most used thing these days. But my first experience while shopping from online I was so nervous at the time of payment. But at this time I had a great experience on online shopping. There are lots of famous online shopping websites & but my opinion "AMAZON" one of the most recommended site to buy the online product. They have made my shopping very easier as compared to other online shopping platforms. Amazon is very cheap, and excellent quality products are delivered. It actually feels very secure to buy a product on this online shopping website.

I buy from Amazon Wireless WiFi NVR Network Video Recorder. Its works great & being wireless makes it so handy to install. Now I can cover all of my property with just four camera. Its delivery is very fast always being on time & total trusted site for online shopping. On time delivery. Really impressed. Its customer service is very friendly regarding in any type of issue. It's a highly recommended online shopping site by me. Thank you so much for your time and consideration. Have a great day.

Original review: June 14, 2017

He is very punctual and helpful. Also a very hardworking and professional. My Bf like his work very much. Best wishes for him. Thank you!!! My Bf and my Parents like your product very much. I highly recommended to your Store. I would also recommended to all of my friends. Thank you very much. Best wishes.

Original review: June 12, 2017

First, the estimate I received was completely off. Even after providing a very accurate updated inventory not long before the move, they were 256 cubic feet off... At $5 per cubic feet, you can do the math! So whatever estimate you're given, plan on considerably more. Due to parking constraints in my apartment complex, I needed to know what type of truck would be coming to pick up my things. I asked the guy who was giving me the estimate (John) if the truck is a semi-truck or just a typical moving truck? He assured me it would be a moving truck. It was an 18-wheeler, and because it was a semi, they couldn't park in my apartment lot so they charged me extra money for a long carry. If it had been a moving truck, they'd have been just fine. John told me Affordable Movers is not a broker and that they own all their own trucks, etc. The 18-wheeler that picked up my stuff said 'Florida Van Lines' and not 'Affordable Movers.'

If you contract with this company, they're also going to tell you you'll have your stuff usually between 7 and 14 days. What they won't tell you is that whatever day you give them as the first day you're available to receive your possessions is the first day they might look at whether or not they can find a truck to bring your possessions to you. It might take them 4 to 7 BUSINESS DAYS to figure that out, and another 14 BUSINESS DAYS to actually get it to you... It only took me 20 driving hours for me to get here. Why would it take 14 business days (19-20 actual days) to drive it here in a truck?

My things were loaded up in Iowa on May 28th. On June 6th I called to get a progress report and was informed that my stuff was still sitting in storage in Iowa. They indicated that it was slated to be loaded on a truck with the belongings of two other families and shipped toward Massachusetts in TWO DAYS (June 8th). I called again today, June 12th, to confirm that my belongings are en route only to find that they are STILL SITTING IN STORAGE in Iowa... This is 15 days after pick up. It has gotten no closer to me, and according to dispatch they are still looking for a way to get it here. Really? Just FYI, the two gentlemen who loaded me up were great! Very thorough, if a bit slow. The poor gal who answers my calls to Dispatch doesn't have any information and gets the brunt end of my frustration unfortunately. I have spent a LOT of time on hold. My advice: hire Two Men and a Truck to move you.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The movers are very professional, personable and provided excellent service. I highly recommend this moving company. I appreciate having no cost surprises at the end. Excellent job. They wrapped everything to transport to our next home so it will all arrive safely.

Original review: May 12, 2017

I scheduled a move nearly a month ahead of time. I was promised a date for the move which was critical since I was moving my son from college and he needed to focus on finals. Two days before the move I was called and informed that they were changing the date of the move despite a signed contract. I called and their system listed the altered date and I had to call them on it. They didn't budge on the date. This was a great inconvenience to my son and to me since I wanted to be present for the move. It makes me wonder what is the value of a signed contract with Affordable Movers if they can alter without my consent.

Original review: May 12, 2017

On time, polite and nothing was damaged or scratched and very professional. Would recommend to friends and family. Called to find out when the truck would arrive and got a quick reply and answer over the phone. Movers were quick with unloading.

Affordable Movers response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and others. We value your thoughts. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us. Thank you

Original review: May 9, 2017

I was referred to Affordable Movers. Now I would recommend affordable movers because they have great customer service and the staff were very great my questions and with handling my stuff during pick up and delivery. I will be using affordable movers for my next move.

Insufficient response received
    Original review: May 3, 2017

They want over 70% of the money up front. The sales person is very pushy and they will be a cheaper price than most moving companies out there. We set a pickup date of Wednesday or Thursday. I received a call on Tuesday stating they would be there Wednesday, then I received another call from dispatch stating they would be there between 9am and noon on Thursday. I received another call stating that the guys would not be arriving in town until 5:00pm Thursday so they would be there to move me on Friday morning first thing. This was a business move and I had to fly in and out for our company. Ultimately they did not show up to start moving until Friday at 2:00pm and I was supposed to be on a plane at 4:00pm.

Beware of the first quote from the sales person. It will not be accurate and once the movers got to our office I received a new quote that was over $3k more for the move. We opted to not take everything instead of paying the higher price. We just received a call saying they were holding our business goods hostage until they received our final check. These movers want all of the money but they will not arrive and drop off at the time that they have contracted to be there. This company is a scam artist. Do not use them because they expect you to hold to the letter of the contract but they do not.

Affordable Movers Company Information