Affordable Movers

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I was very taken by the professionalism and friendliness of the people who came to work at my house. Within a matter of moments, they came in and everything was safely loaded into their vehicles and we were on the way to my new home. Everything arrived in perfect condition and we were ready to unload. It was simple, fast, easy and relatively cheap compared to similar companies. Plus I always like to be treated like a friend and not a client, and Affordable Movers made me feel like I was part of the crew. Will definitely recommend this service to anyone moving.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Their crew picked up our stuff and delivered it on time at the agreed upon rates. The only thing that I think could be improved upon was the correspondence between the sales and the dispatch in getting confirmation of the pickup and delivery dates. The way that the sales and dispatch were separated can cause more anxiety for the mover. But other than that, our experience with them has been good.

Great experience with this company. These guys arrived on time, packed everything and got my belongings to my new place safely. I was very weary because I have expensive items and sentimental items. Instead of doing the move myself I decided to try a moving company and was recommended to these guys by a friend. And he was right, the movers were professional and very reliable. One of the movers told me he'd been doing this work for over 10 years, so these guys are experienced and top notch. Nothing was damaged, nothing stolen. I will definitely be using their services again!

I got to Affordable Movers after I Googled for a reasonably priced movers in Raleigh, NC. I can say that they work within customer service and logistics team with remarkable coordination and accuracy. Not only did they meet the agreed timeline but was able to transport all my furniture without any damages.

These guys are fantastic! Needed to find movers to help move my sister from GA to NC for a fair price and these guys delivered! Offered better prices than even the local movers in her area which was great for us and their staff was very cautious with her more fragile furniture pieces & galleria pieces. Definitely recommend these guys for the staff & price.

Affordable Movers is a quality moving company that I would highly recommend. From start to finish the personnel from office staff to the actual moving people treated my family and belongings like we were family. From pick to delivery, awesome!

First I want to say that our moving team was excellent, timely, and careful. This was an out of state move and we had a very specific time frame which was met. So Affordable Movers gets an A+ for the move itself. The 'Binding Estimate', very significantly missed the mark however, and was apparently not binding. Our move cost about $1000 over the estimate, roughly a 25% increase from what we were told. We added 1 bicycle, 1 two-drawer filing cabinet, 3 small folding end tables and two folding chairs; we eliminated 6 medium sized boxes (original inventory included 20 boxes, we moved 14). I'm sure our few added items did not increase the cost by $1000, which is why I believe that our original estimate was off.

I understand that until the load is on the truck that the actual square footage is unknown, and the load was billed by square footage. I get that. However since I was lead to believe the estimate to be "binding", I planned and budgeted accordingly and had to scramble for cash at the last minute to meet the actual cost of the move. Still, I would recommend Affordable Movers for doing an excellent job -- Just don't believe the 'binding' estimate.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

During the research and selection process of which company to use to help with my family's move, Affordable Movers was one of them. They provided an estimate and I gave them my cc information to put a deposit ($2,100) for the desired date. This was mainly to ensure that if I didn't find anything better I'd be all set. When I decided to go with another company I cancelled via email so there would be no confusion and to have written proof that I cancelled well within the time period allowed for cancellation. I explained the situation and received an email that same day that it would take 7-10 days to hit my account. Well, 20 days after that email, still no refund to my account. So I called the company asking about the refund. They told me that the request was never sent to the people that handle that and that they would do it now and in 3-5 days the money would hit my account.

Eight days go by, nothing. I call again, I'm told that I will receive an email with a receipt that day. 24 hours later, nothing. I call back, I'm put on hold; I'm taken off hold and can hear a conversation that I'm not sure I should be a part of and she starts speaking to someone else saying that she had talked to me the day before and that I wasn't going to believe her if she told me that I would get the email confirmation so she asked someone else to talk to me. Then I'm put back on hold.

Then I'm taken off of hold a man is speaking and asks me my information. I tell him that he should already know my information, but I give it to him anyway. He asks my name, I say he should know my name, but tell him anyway. Then he asks why I have this attitude. I tell him that it's because I've been waiting almost a month for my refund. He tells me that he's the guy that's trying to help me. He tells me that we could do this the easy way or the hard way. Every time I try to provide feedback and justification this guy just cuts me off and talks about the easy way or the hard way.

I ask to speak to his manager because he's just not listening to me. He tells me he's the owner. I'm raising my voice now but he's still not listening to me and keeps talking about easy way/hard way, that I should expect an email and that it will take 3-5 days. I tell him that I will be calling every hour to ensure that nobody has forgotten about my request. He tells me there's no need as the email will arrive in 5 minutes. Within 5 minutes I have my email. Within 2 days I finally have my money refunded.

I would highly recommend this company. One, because the staff and the office was great. As well as a driver at the beginning of my move. As well as a driver at the end of my move. They were courteous and knowledgeable. Then I had a few antique pieces that needed special care. All of my items arrived on time and anytime I need an update I was given one.

The movers were punctual and thorough in handling the furniture. I was impressed with the time they put in to covering all items and gently handling the fragile items. They took the necessary time to complete the task without being in a rush. The truck also arrived much sooner than I anticipated. I would recommend Affordable Movers and use them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Affordable Movers?

Horrible, horrible, horrible. Hired them for a move from New York to Florida. When they showed up to load they told me I was way way over my space allotment. Then one of the movers, Hercules, pulled me aside and said that if I "made it worth his while" he would pack very carefully and make sure everything fit within my allotment. Like a fool, I gave him $200. Then the other guy, Eddy, asked me for another $200 to look the other way if there were any overages. Since I could not afford the extra $1,000 they told me I would owe, I foolishly gave him another $200. Then he wanted to know when I wanted delivery, and told me that if I wasn't sure to just pick a day and call them 3 days ahead of time if I needed to change it.

After asking me to go buy them some dinner, they told me they couldn't possibly fit anymore and left me with a lot of things still there. Shortly thereafter my daughter discovered that her $2,000 laptop was missing. Thinking it must have accidentally gotten packed, I did nothing. Well, 3 days before the date I had given them for delivery, I called to say I wouldn't be ready for delivery and they told me it was too late because they'd already loaded the truck. Now they wanted another $500 to deliver and told me the next day they could deliver was Feb. 25. So I DELAYED my arrival another few days so we wouldn't be hanging around in an empty house for 8 days. Then they called a few days later and said they'd be delivering on the 16th! But I hadn't left for Florida yet because they'd told me the 25th.

Now they wanted another $500 because once again they'd packed the truck and had to unload it. Well, I finally made it to Florida, borrowed money from my family to pay the extra money (without which they refused to deliver my furniture), and got my delivery. Multiple items are missing, I have a few things belonging to someone else, and the laptop is gone. Many things are broken, even Corelle plates which can withstand a lot without breaking. I seriously doubt I will ever see any recompense for any of this. I made VERY bad decisions: hiring them, paying their extortion, and believing them about the moving dates. Save yourself money and extreme frustration by steering clear of Affordable Movers!

Now that my furniture has finally arrived, I just have to make sure I warn everyone out there. Please spread the word... DON'T USE a company named Affordable Movers (affordable-mover.com). The entire experience was a disaster! Issues with contracts, sales rep said he was the owner of the company. They showed up 3 days late to pick up the furniture, didn't deliver it for 10 days even though we were told 4-6 for the direct ship they committed. Furniture ended up in storage in Virginia. Driver had an accident on the way down, cost $1500 more than the estimate. They left boxes clearly labelled for each room stacked in the garage. And to top it off, the guys they had unload the truck... they hired them off Craig's list for this job! Stay away from Affordable Movers!

Where to begin? From often being impossible to get a hold of, movers literally leaving items on the wall behind, the most irresponsible pick jobs I have ever seen that LITERALLY had the most fragile items packed in the bottom of the boxes crammed with other heavy items on top, the broken TV, the broken sewing machine, being strung along by dispatch for WEEKS as to when our shipment might arrive, no return calls, only about 5/80 boxes labeled AT ALL.... this was the worst service I have ever received. I thought I was paying higher cost to receive better service. I have no idea how this company has a favorable rating on this site. My grandma and I feel SCAMMED.

Nice as pie until delivery, when a dishonest, taciturn driver showed up with two local laborers. He stiffed the laborers on their tips. Kept me from truck. Destroyed some very sentimental and/or valuable pieces, altered the contract WITHOUT MY KNOWLEDGE AFTER IT HAD BEEN SIGNED AND FILED. My household goods arrived smelling of musty, dusty warehouse, some w/ watermarks, much damage, much missing. They even stripped pieces off my bike! They charged me twice for something we had already paid, then held my goods hostage until I agreed to pay half of their bogus fee (which was added AFTER contract was signed and filed). I have receipts, all paperwork, but no working scanner.

First off, these guys are our saviors!! My boyfriend and I were moving from to Arizona and planned our move months ago with a different company. That company who will remain nameless totally screwed us and never showed up day of and then tried to push our move back to the next day which ** up our plans even more. Needless to say, we called Affordable Movers that day in a panic and asked if they had any availability. They were incredibly helpful over the phone (thanks Ana!) and then within just a few hours 3 men came to the rescue! They were efficient, friendly and thorough and were in and out in less than 45 minutes. I couldn't recommend them enough! Do yourself a favor and hire these guys for your move!

Affordable Movers helped me turn a very stressful moving situation into something I didn't have to worry about at all. They arrived early at the pickup, but I didn't feel pressured to move early if I did not wish to. They were careful, courteous, and quick with moving my large dresser, and assembling my queen size bed. Everything was wrapped very well and carefully, and there was not a scuff on any piece of my property. The administrative team was also very helpful and understanding of my numerous changes to my moving requests.

Great experience with these guys from the initial phone call I made to book. The person was super friendly and helpful. The movers themselves were very quick (not chit chatting). Make sure to use them, you save a few bucks! These guys were cheaper than all the others and did a great job! I do recommend them highly!

We are very pleased with the service received; they were very helpful and attentive at quotation stage and in the period before moving date and time could be finalized. The moving crew showed up only 15 minute late at the moving day and kept apologizing for the delay because of the traffic jam. The moving crew worked quickly and with due care. They were professional and polite throughout and showed patience when it was needed! They remained cheerful and good humored. They made a stressful day much easier and I can't praise them highly enough. Thank you.

I had difficulty finding movers to move me to Atlanta, GA. I called everywhere and the quotes were ridiculous and the delivery time for my furniture would range from 6 to 8 weeks. When I found Affordable Movers the quote was within my budget and the delivery time was guaranteed 2 to 14 days after pick up date. I am very happy with the service.

Affordable Movers did a great job by making sure everything was going throughout the entire process it whatsoever from the move. The movers did fantastic job moving all my items carefully and loading the truck making sure and I'm showing hardware throughout the entire move. I even tip them for doing an outstanding job. I appreciate you guys working with me today. I really like about this moving carrier. I definitely will use you guys and ready to anybody that's looking for a moving company you guys. The best service offered by Affordable Movers.

Great experience. I decided to use this company because of a friend's recommendation. I never used movers before. Company was great in communication and explained what to expect from the move pretty well. On the move day they showed up 30 minutes early and moved everything in about 4 hours which was even a little bit faster than I anticipated. I tipped the guys because they deserved it and will use this company again for any future moves. No need to rent trucks anymore. Thank you again.

The movers were great. The day we moved it was pouring rain and the guys were very careful to not let our leather couches get damaged at all... they covered and fully wrapped them before taking them out. The crew they sent were all hard working, strong, nice guys. I am not used to being called ma'am since I am pretty young but they all called me ma'am the entire time and were very respectful. I spoke with the owner twice before the move and he was great. I would use Accurate Movers again and would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone moving. They took a very stressful day and actually made it kind of fun with their kindness.

It went very well. There was a crew of 5 and we needed it! This included the Lead person who really kept things running smoothly. We moved 2.5 miles and they filled one truck, unloaded and delivered the next truck. The timing was excellent and they took care of our things. Still unpacking but nothing broken. We had everything marked and for the most part everything was put in the correct room. I would recommend them completely.

Affordable Movers is an exceptional company with an energetic, committed guy. He directed his crew professionally and the move was flawless. Having moved several times before, this experience was my best and I am most grateful. I will certainly use this firm in the future and encourage all others to do so. Truly outstanding in every way!

Excellent movers from the beginning till the end. This is the second time I have used Affordable Movers and once again have been impressed with the high quality and professionalism shown through the experience. For the second move, the team leader was he was very smart and efficient. This time I requested full service packing and great care was shown to all items and furniture. I would highly recommend them if anyone is looking for moving services. Great customer service all around once again!!! Looks like my lifetime moving company!!!

They showed up right on time, not a minute late, and got to work right away. They were extremely professional, efficient, and thoughtful with all of my personal belongings. Everything arrived at my new location intact. They even made a quick stop for me that was not scheduled. I could not be happier with this moving company!! I will definitely use them again in the future and will recommend to all my friends. Thank you for making such a stressful day manageable. Thanks!!!

Big shout out to Affordable Movers! These guys are superstars. Called last minute on a Saturday requesting help moving appliances on Sunday. Affordable Movers responded promptly with a "no problem". Their team would be at my residence on Sunday. The team showed up on time and executed the move flawlessly!! They are very polite, professional, customer centric and very respectful, ensuring that my appliances remained in mint condition during the moving process. I would highly recommend Affordable Movers for all of your moving needs. Thanks again guys for a fantastic moving experience.

I LOVE these guys. In January I needed to move my one-bedroom apartment into storage for a few months so I could stay with my parents in Ingleside to help my mom while my dad transitioned into home hospice care. I wish I could remember the names of the two men who moved all my things. They wrapped, taped, stacked, huffed, and puffed and worked tirelessly to assist me. They were both very strong and kind. This month, I called this company again to move into a new apartment in Hebron. Once again, five stars. I trusted them to do the work while I ran a few errands and they were prompt, efficient, and again VERY STRONG. I will recommend these guys any time. Thanks!!

Affordable Movers really know their stuff. They were really great movers who put up with a lot of curve balls. My move was relatively small, but parking on both sides of the move was a mess. Also there was a huge gardening project blocking the walkway from my apt to the moving truck that day. And also my apartment was really cluttered and disorganized when they arrived and they didn't complain about it once. I was kind of just organizing my stuff as they moved me. They were very friendly and patient every step of the way. I highly recommend that you book them. But I also highly recommend that you get yourself organized before you move because moving is hard and I don't want people to make all the same mistakes that I did. Cool. So in conclusion: this company is great and I am a slob. xo! Book this moving company!!!

I just want to recommend them on three accounts: They never broke anything. They arrived in time. They were very fast. I encourage all who would wish to move to give them a try. They are the best around and within. You will never regret because they are worth every penny you pay.

This was the most amazing, pleasing and wonderful period that I have ever moved. I am old and all my children are held up at work so my eldest daughter researched online for this company and arranged all the logistics. After that she notified me on the day I was supposed to be moved. The 4 guys showed up in time and they never even broke my toothpick which I appreciate.

I have to thank Affordable Movers for their high class end services. I was a bit skeptical on whether to use their services or not. I really do not trust the business I find online easily because most of them are just full of reviews that I hear are bought. So I told my eldest son to contact Affordable Movers so that we could seek their services. I was not disappointed because they arrived in time and accomplished their task in time.

I definitely will use you guys for my second move. You were just too good and careful with me stuffs. You are all kind and full of respect. I am a bit old and the way you treated me was nice and kind of you. I just wish I met you guys earlier because I had other companies move me now 3 times but if I compare them to you, you are of high standards. Thank you.

I am just grateful that after I went forward and emailed them using the email that they had provided on their website, their client service team got in touch and we arranged the logistics. I really wanted to move out fast and they agreed terms with me. As I am writing this I am at my home in Dallas and I am very happy they were there for me when I needed them.

Factual basis uncertain

Please hire at your own risk. Our moving experience could not have been worse, and I have hired movers before. I truly question who wrote the previous reviews, as I did read them before I hired the company. We moved across the country and were trying to be careful about who took our entire life's possessions, without breaking the bank. Affordable Movers quoted us much less than other movers and were very kind on the phone, so we signed on with them.

Upon arriving at our house, they told me that our total would now be $2,000 more than their estimate. We were dumbfounded and they said things like "you said a full storage unit but this one is really full", "your bedstand is bigger than a normal bedstand" and "your tv stand is glass. That costs more". We had no choice so we had to go with it.

Long story short, it took us a MONTH to get our belongings. They told me between 5-7 days and that a driver would be leaving the next day - they didn't leave for over 2 weeks, then took 2 more weeks with all their stops to arrive. We were lied to and told "within the next 48 hours" for weeks. They would not return our messages or tell us where our truck was. The driver went radio silent for 6 days. What they don't tell you is that they hire out independent drivers (not affordable movers employees) and wait until they have a full semi truck of 3 or 4 houses belongings before they even make the trip.

Then if they schedule pickups along your route, you get bumped and they take the new order first - pushing your items around and unloading and reloading in the process. Side note - They then ask for certified checks with your final payment being CASH to the driver. So they are going to up-charge you because they walk away with the 2nd and 3rd installments for pickup and delivery.

Once we finally got our stuff, the boxes came broken, (our fragile plates, etc were cracked) and they refused to take furniture items upstairs, or put the beds together when we were told that was part of the cost. Under no circumstances would we recommend using this company. They also didn't give us a receipt and we are having a hard time getting them to email us one. We are actually looking into what our legal options are at this point.

Affordable Movers Company Profile