It's that easy Request Information
4.21/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1292 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 13, 2019

They took my money and when it was time to fix my AC, they told me that I was not qualified after they already took my money. When I told that the company was not for me, they wanted to charge me 500 dollars even though they did nothing for me. Service extended is **, con artists, frauds, and thieves. This is my experience that I had with them. I am just speaking about my experience. They are frauds. People beware.

Original review: March 29, 2019

Would not use this company again. Had an ice dam during winter storm, master bedroom carpet became wet, called this company. They responded right away. Sent two service personal out which assessed damage, wanted to tear open the wall. Could not tell me if there was any damage or large amounts of water. They brought in dryer units pulled up carpet, removed baseboard and proceeded to dry out carpet, and bottom of wall. Said they will check each day's progress. They returned two day later, and said they got tied up and couldn't get out till then.

Carpet was dry and once again couldn't assess any damage to wall. I told them we were not going to pull the wall board out and asked to have the carpet and baseboard repaired. They told me they don't do that (their agreement we both signed said they do) they pick up their equipment and left. I received a bill for $922 dollars and had to pay another company $200.00 to replace the pad they cut and re-stretch the carpet and repair the baseboard. I paid the bill but will never use this company again, and will tell any one else of their poor performance and that they don't keep their agreements.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I agreed on State Farm’s suggestion to have ServiceMaster come in and repair damage due to a burst pipe. The clean up was quick and painless. That’s when my nightmare began. A crew was hired to install installation, drywall, tape, spackle, prime and paint. They came in over a two week period to complete the job. Before completion I notifiers the job manager that the spackling was not smooth, I could see lines where the old and new drywall meet, the paint was everywhere including on my window and bifold doors, I saw roller lines in the paint, it was not edged properly and the floor molding was not even. My bulkhead has exposed tape lines, uneven spackling and was two shades of white.

The manager visited my home and pointed out a few areas to fix. None of it was fixed except for a touch up on the white molding. I demanded a walk through and the manager marked 15 spots that we agreed needed fixed. He simply said that he was overwhelmed having 30 jobs that he didn’t give each one his full attention but, “that didn’t mean we deserved this mess.” So he arranged for his contractor to come in again and fix the mess. After the first day, when he spackled, there were still areas not even touched with spackle (large divots especially where the wall meets the ceiling). Not to mention the guy got spackle on my brand new $500 carpet that the manager directly said he wanted covered, “wall to wall.”

Drop cloths were laid instead and I was told some may have dropped off when he picked them up?! No apology, nothing! I called the GM and he said he would put a completely different crew on the job to fix the mistakes of the first crew. I told him this was a huge inconvenience of my time, space, and energy in having to constantly contact people to fix this. He said sarcastically, “what do you want...money for your pain and suffering?” He quickly retracted his statement and apologized saying, “I’m sorry it’s a Friday night.” I reluctantly agreed to have a new crew come out believing they would fix the nightmare.

They spent 2.5 days at my home spackling and painting. After the second day I expressed concerns that the molding was still uneven, the bulkhead was two shades of white, there were spackling spot unsanded, paint on my floor molding, paint on my entertainment center, and bifold doors. The GM came out and again marked spots we both agreed needed fixed. They completed the work today. The molding is uneven, the bulkhead has uneven spackling, there is a large swirl of paint-coverup behind my couch, paint on my molding and spots not sanded correctly.

I text the GM 8 pictures of issues along with a text that said I had no confidence that ServiceMaster can ever fix their mistakes. He said he’d send me an invoice and we could discuss the bill. I called the GM and added the work wasn’t perfect because of existing structures. This made absolutely no sense. He raised his voice at me and told me he wasn’t going to send anyone in to fix the work and that he would send me an invoice. He hung up on me. This is where I’m at currently. Very unprofessional.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had a fire. The adjustor recommended Service Master Restore Orlando to do the cleanup. I agreed. At first they were very responsive. The guys who actually did the cleanout were great. Then things went sideways. I left phone messages and written messages on their corporate site. When contact was finally made, I was told "that's a different department. We don't get messages that way". The manager/owner also told me "That's not how we operate". (So it is my fault that their departments do not talk to one another and I should have known better.)

In order to get paid by the insurance company I had to provide a quote for the demolition of the old shed/barn. I waited for weeks and weeks. (The entire process took about 6 months. Much of it just waiting for Service Master.) Repeated phone calls. No response. Finally the insurance company contacted them and Service Master replied immediately with apologies for the delay and blamed me for the poor communication.

Now I get the bill. Talk about overcharge. 4 dumpsters were needed. I happen to know what they actually cost. The charge on the bill was 249% of the original charge. That's 149% profit for making a phone call to have the dumpster delivered and taken away. They took an old refrigerator to be cleaned up. Their truck was already in my yard. Their staff was present and on the clock. The distance between the dumpster and truck was about 20 feet. There was a $100 pick up charge listed.

The 2 owners showed up one day to install bracing in the shed so it did not collapse on the workers. They walked around, looked the site over. We had conversations and they spent a bit of time installing some 4x4s and 2x12s. The bill showed 16 hours of carpenter work. Isn't it their responsibility to show up and make sure the job is going right? Should I be charged for that? Should I have to pay for the chat time? I guarantee that the 2 owners did not work as carpenters for 8 hours each that day.

Now I have the money from the insurance company. I get an email from one of the owners saying they would like to drop off my Fridge and get paid. Please let them know a good day and time. It is Tuesday. I respond Immediately. "Friday, any time before 3:30. Please let me know when you are coming". Thursday, I send another email. "I need to know if and when you are coming tomorrow". Friday 4 PM another email "I guess you are not coming today. When can we make arrangements?"

I get a phone call from the other partner (once again apologizing) and he tells me that I used an email address they no longer use. What??? I simply replied to the message they sent me. Basically, once they have the job, they will contact/respond to you when they feel like it. And it will be your fault that they do not have good internal communication in their company. If you respond to their emails it will be your fault for not using their current email address in your reply. Everyone is entitled to a profit but, in my opinion, the upcharges I saw were way overboard. Bottom line. Their workers do a great job, but the headaches, lack of responsiveness and overcharges are not worth it in my opinion. My recommendation: find someone else.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

ServiceMaster Restore came out to do a scheduled cleaning of my carpet. The technician did a good job and was friendly. I also used a coupon they gave me after the patch service and I paid $40 less. Scheduling service with this company has been great and I've had good interactions with both their customer service and technicians.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

A branch fell through my roof and my home insurance got me in touch with ServiceMaster Restore which was a recommended provider with them. They submitted payments and I scheduled the work. ServiceMaster came and fixed the hole. I had a good experience then but water got in and there was water damage. They will need to come back and fix that but I'm waiting for that to happen. They have a lot of staff but through every process, I spoke with somebody different. They sent an estimator out, another guy who looked at the roof and scheduled people to come out and a couple of guys who fixed the roof.

Though their service has been good, I wish it was a little quicker. I know they got a check weeks ago for the water damage and I had to call them through my insurance company notifying me that they got the check. They have the money in hand and they should be in touch with me that day. ServiceMaster hasn't been proactive and I'm not really satisfied with that aspect of their service. They got the roof done fairly quickly, but not quickly enough to avoid the rainstorm that caused the water damage. They filed to get additional money from my insurance company and they have the money but the work has not happened. I would consider using their service again but I wouldn't pay them until the work is done.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My neighbor referred ServiceMaster Restore to me for carpet cleaning, and I’ve used them ever since. I recently had them do the routine carpet cleaning, and everything was wonderful when I scheduled the service. I've used them about five times already and my experience has always been good. Their technicians have all been really good. The last technician we had was probably the best. He was very thorough. I had a couple of stains that I was concerned about, and he was most diligent about getting those stains out, and he did. I asked him if I could request him next time, and he said that I could.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had an emergency. My water heater exploded and flooded my living room. It was awful. My insurance agent sent ServiceMaster out. After I talked with the insurance agent, ServiceMaster contacted me right away to let me know when they were gonna come and if it was okay if they came at 7:00 because they were booked. I was just very happy that they were gonna come on the same day. Then they got there. I was extremely stressed out. But they were wonderful and they were even really patient with me and would repeat what they were saying, making sure I understood, which I really appreciate.

I must’ve been so annoying for them but they never made me feel that way. They were just so great and really thoughtful. I have a dog and they were really considerate about that, which is nice ‘cause just trying to arrange for all these people coming inside of my house is a lot. They came back with the insurance person and just were on top of it with getting everything done. Both Diego and Hector were the two that I worked with the most from there and they were fantastic.

They had to check for asbestos before they could do anything, which sucked because I was waiting for them to be able to cut open the wall. But that was standard protocol based on how old the place was. Then they put the dehumidifiers up and just ride it out at an extremely hot temperature. That was unbearable, so I pretty much was living in my bedroom for that week. They had to cut open the wall, rip out the carpet, take off the baseboards, and it just had to dry out. I needed to not be in my area because of how hot it was. After they were finished, it was excellent. If you’re going through such a disaster like that, that’s who you want to take care of you. I can’t believe that I actually filled them with gratitude after going through such a horrible situation. They were just great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We are really happy and satisfied with ServiceMaster Restore's service. I was in an urgent situation and they responded efficiently when I scheduled for service. The techs came over several days after I made the appointment and it was suitable for our schedule. There was a mister who came over to do the upstairs evaluation and observation first. He went over the whole crawl space, too. It was a huge help for us because we also noticed that we had a mold issue and he did the extra work for us. After that, he had the estimation and they sent us the quotation. We started the treatment immediately due to the mold issue. They came over to do the mold cleaning including the crawl space.

They helped us and they were professional and were detail-oriented to let us know how the process was going and what kind of things we needed to expect. They also provided some advisement. We were tied up, undergoing to do the claim process, and by some put in writing or email, they helped us to have some proof, so it helped a lot. I've been looking for their professional service and it was the best decision.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

ServiceMaster was called by State Farm to repair our water damage in Oct. They came, dried out walls and floors. They removed our area rugs to pro clean. Called Amy ** with ServiceMaster in Nov. to get rugs returned. Called back in DEC. Also had State Farm call in Dec. I was finally told the guy that removed rugs was no longer with the company and they had lost the rugs. It is now Jan. They still have not replaced my rugs and will not contact me.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis