Call toll free
4.64/5
Based on 379 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1118 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I had a wet carpet in my basement. I called ServiceMaster Restore and asked the rep I knew if they could get a crew to my house. I've been dealing with that rep for 15 years and she is very responsive, professional, fun, and courteous and she's a good listener. She does her job well. My wife was home when the technicians came out and she was pleased. They were prompt and professional and they got it done in a couple of days. The tech dried the carpet out and took the stink out of a wet floor carpet. It worked out well. ServiceMaster Restore do a good job and I would definitely recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

My insurance company scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore when my house flooded. ServiceMaster came out that day and they did a really good job. But then, that night, my basement flooded. We called them and a lot of people’s basement flooded, so they couldn’t come out that night. They called back the next morning and they were able to come right out.

The technicians were great. The main guy that was coordinating it communicated really well and let us know what was going on. They came and didn’t stop until the job was done. They worked all day long, took out all my carpet, moved up my stuff, and brought 35 machines into my house to dry it out. Dealing with ServiceMaster was great. They cleaned everything up and protected the floors that they had to walk on that weren't that part of it. They did everything they said they were gonna do.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

The icemaker on our fridge dripped, so it tore up our wood floor in the kitchen. ServiceMaster came out and did a great job. But I just found out that they missed a spot under the cabinet across the fridge. Other than that, everybody was fabulous. They talked and told us what was going on and came out when they said they were.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We had a water leak and we scheduled an appointment with ServiceMaster Restore which was quick and painless. My house was torn apart but their personnel and what they did was great. They were straightforward and did what needed to be done. I was highly satisfied and people should go for ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

We had a water leak in an upstairs bathroom of a condo up in Green Lake, Wisconsin. I called ServiceMaster in the evening and they got somebody there early the next morning. It was a really good response. The guys that came to my house were excellent and professional too. They did the water mitigation and it was perfect. They had to take out some drywall and some flooring and then put in big humidifiers and fans to dry everything out. They were in and out of our house for five days. They worked really hard and did an outstanding job for us.

ServiceMaster Restore response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

My house burned on the 15th of June. Nancy and Lawton of ServiceMaster were kind. Nancy and I are old friends. She had Kelvin come as soon as she heard about the fire and he was a guardian angel to me. He helped me through a very traumatic experience. The house was a total loss, but he was able to salvage some of my most precious antiques, which are in storage now. I have some issues with ongoing depression and without Nancy, Lawton, and Kelvin, I would not have made it. They were life-savers and I could not say enough good things about them. They were god-sent. I told everybody about them as well.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I had a water heater burst, so I had water damage on cabinets and floors. My insurance company handled everything with ServiceMaster Restore. Then, a guy came out that day right away. The scheduling changes depending on what they find and what has to be done. They assigned a project manager both for clean-up and for restoration. It was days of cleaning up and the flooring had to be torn out. They were right on top of it and it was a fine experience. I just got the floors in and the job is not anywhere near finished. The walls will have to be done and the appliances, the cabinets, new countertops, and ceiling have to be put in. ServiceMaster Restore is all over in my neighborhood. I hear talks all the time. So, I know that they're reputable and fine. I would have no problem recommending them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We had a water pipe burst in our basement. Once the insurance company provided us with ServiceMaster Restore's information, we called the number and they dispatched the closest ServiceMaster agent in our area. The water damage happened late Friday night and we wound up talking with them on Saturday, and they showed on a Sunday evening. One of the individuals who came out was the franchise owner of that particular franchise. He was up to par with what he was trying to do and we had several of the humidifiers in here for several days. They told us that they were getting paid by the insurance company, for the insurance company had dispatched them. So, we didn't have to get involved in the billing, which was nice for us.

ServiceMaster did more than adequate job for the response we had. They were certainly equipped to handle the job. They did what they were supposed to do and got out of the way. They hauled our stuff away so there was no confusion because that's the biggest problem sometimes. So far, we're about three quarters away through the process and we hope everything will be done this weekend. Overall, I'm pleased with ServiceMaster Restore. They were professional, got the job done in and out and every time we call and try to make sure that coordination was gonna happen when they said it would, they got back with us in a timely fashion.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

ServiceMaster is a reputable brand. So I called them because of this funny mildewy kind of odor in my condominium in South Carolina. It would be better than choosing a number out of the telephone book because if I didn’t like what they did, I’d be able to find them. They were able to come in the day after I called them in order to see what the major service would be and the job was done from Wednesday to Friday. I was there while they were doing the cleaning and I was able to leave town by the weekend. It worked well for me. They did an outstanding work and I would be delighted to have either Pat or Mike come back. And I’m sorry they don’t work in Upstate New York because I would have them probably every six months to come in and do the cleaning here as well. I would highly recommend ServiceMaster to anyone.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 31, 2018

We had water damage. We had to make sure that ServiceMaster Restore came in a timely manner but we had to make sure that the insurance person came on a timely manner. ServiceMaster Restore didn’t wanna spend their time doing what they need to do without understanding that it would be probably financed. It was in June and the flooding was there for everyone. So, getting people out there early was a problem with the insurance. But ServiceMaster's reps were definitely there and they were very kind and very mannerable. They wanted to be very thorough with what they were doing and making sure that we understood how the process worked.

The workers were very, very nice and accommodating but I was confused about what is good or what wasn’t good. They were making claims that, “This should be replaced because it has mold on it.” My insurance company may have a difference of opinion. Also, I didn’t understand the billing process because by the time they came to us, we had to get our water for ourselves because there was time at last. Other than that, I felt as if they did their jobs and they worked with us pretty well. My experience with ServiceMaster was pretty thorough and it was pretty meaningful because they did what they needed to do in a timely manner.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 30, 2018

I ended up having a flood in my basement. I came to find out that I had a clogged gutter and it came in through the egress window. I called ServiceMaster Restore and they were Johnny-on-the-spot. It was Todd and another gentleman that I spoke to on the phone and they helped me right away. Then, they sent out a rep that afternoon within hours. They surveyed the situation and they took care of it right away. I was very very impressed. It took three or four days that they had to dry it out and vacuum it. Also, they took some sheetrock out. I was very pleased with their work and their ethics. I had a little bit of a question on the bill and there was no hassle. I’ve already told about four people that if they get flooded, ServiceMaster Restore are the ones they should contact. It’s not very often that you get good service. They’ve earned their reputation and I’ve never heard anything bad about them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 29, 2018

I had a backup in the lower bathroom and it required pulling out of the flooring and some drywall work. I’ve used ServiceMaster before and I had been satisfied with the service. My insurance company scheduled the service with ServiceMaster for me and had good experiences with their people. They were very pleasant and professional in how they handled the demolition.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 28, 2018

We've been off for a three-day weekend and we came back to six classrooms being flooded including entry ways, bathrooms, kitchen and offices. We had a drinking fountain in one of the classrooms that sprang a leak and we had 1½ to two inches of water in all these areas. We called ServiceMaster Restore and they came right that day. They brought a water vac that got the water all sucked up and then we had 39 different fans going to dry everything out. The ServiceMaster team was excellent. They let us know what they were doing all the way through. They were very friendly and they answered any questions that we had.

We have a built-in changing table which is between two classrooms and water went under it because both classrooms were flooded. So, they asked if it was okay if they drilled holes in the wood underneath so that they could get it all dried out. They got permission for things like that before they went ahead and did them. And they came back every couple of days to check on things until the walls and carpets were dry and everything was done. It wasn't always the same people who came back and checked, but everybody who came was awesome. They were very knowledgeable and they explained things.

We don't have all of our children going now in session, so we were able to move those classrooms to different areas in the building that didn't get flooded. The whole restoration process with ServiceMaster took a little over a week. The first day, we thought, "How are we gonna manage in our offices and doing everything else with 39 fans going and all that noise?" But about after day two, it wasn't a big deal anymore. And when they pulled all the fans out it was too quiet in here.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 27, 2018

I had a flood so I contacted my insurance and they called ServiceMaster Restore which came and removed all my floors and baseboards. Wonderful ServiceMaster representatives also contacted me and told me when they're showing up and to give me updates about how things are moving along. The tech was also wonderful. I was a hot mess and I asked him if I could do something and what did he want me to do. I had been crying and I looked awful and he said that he needed me to sit down and relax and let them take care of it. So, I was very appreciative of him. In the end, I have cement floors with no baseboards and paint ripped off walls from when they removed the baseboards. And while I was not very satisfied because my house was still a hot mess, the work they did was great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 25, 2018

The hose for the icemaker on the refrigerator broke and we had a lot of water damage on our kitchen floor and our basement. We scheduled the service through the insurance company. The ServiceMaster reps did a good job and everything was fine. They communicated well and took care of things and made my experience as painless as they possibly could. The crew finished the job in eight days and gave excellent service.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 24, 2018

A tree fell into my house and broke glass and I needed the window boarded up and debris removed. Scheduling a service with ServiceMaster Restore was direct to the point as far as their ability come out and do what I needed to have done. Then the service of the technicians as well as our interactions were fine. I'm very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 22, 2018

My experience with ServiceMaster was great. They are professional, on time, and a pleasure to work with. A filter in my basement exploded and it put about 8 inches of water down there. And ServiceMaster came and totally sucked the water right out. Then they put instruments to dry the area to make sure there was no mold. The instruments were left in the house for three days to make sure that everything was dry and they came every day to check. They did a really fantastic job on that. Also, they were courteous. Some guys that work in this business hate what they do but the ServiceMaster team seems to all be very into what they are doing. I would recommend ServiceMaster Restore.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 19, 2018

I had been out of town and my neighbors said it rained very hard and it was very windy. I saw some damage in two adjoining rooms -- the kitchen and the dining room. It looked like the boards were swollen in my kitchen. Tyler, the guy from ServiceMaster Restore, said that it needed the fans to dry it all out. He came out right away, was very nice and informed me what was going on. He was excellent.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 18, 2018

They came out immediately and I couldn't believe how well all of them worked together and took care of everything. Everything has been excellent.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 17, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore came out to clean my carpeting and I didn’t have any trouble scheduling a service with them. I gave them a date, the guy came out and he was on time. He was a very courteous, nice and professional gentleman. He did an excellent job and I was happy. The guy I had before had retired and this other guy took over. The previous guy was also very personable, very nice and very informative. After the service, the carpet looks excellent.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 16, 2018

I called my insurance agent at 9:00 AM because of a water leak and the insurance company sent ServiceMaster Restore. They were at my house before noon. Their techs were great guys. They were always very courteous, explained what they were doing, and cleaned up their mess. They had to demolish a bunch from my kitchen. By the time they did all the drying, the whole process had taken about a week. They did a great job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 15, 2018

I had a water-damaged kitchen floor and the people from ServiceMaster Restore came out to my home within 4 hours, which is a reasonable amount of time. They pulled out the wet insulation underneath the house and put fans under to dry it out. However, they came back and found out that they were wrong on their said spot. And so, they had to rip out my kitchen floor and put in a temporary floor. Then, I had a contractor come by and take care of everything. ServiceMaster could have monitored and investigated a little bit more at the start and they would have found out that there was more water damage than they thought. Still, the work they performed was okay.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 14, 2018

We had a water leak between our laundry room and bathroom coming from the kitchen, on the floor above. ServiceMaster Restore came in, tore our drywall and part of the shower, put stands and did all the remediation they needed to do as far as mold protection. They were right on it the whole time. They were very responsive and easy to schedule. They called me before I called them. They also knew what they were doing.

Original review: July 13, 2018

We had an air conditioning unit and the water overflowed out of the drain pan, through the ceiling, down the walls, and across the ceiling, creating water damage. ServiceMaster Restore had to come in and clean up, remediate, dry out the area, so then, we could get a contractor in to fix it. The techs were great. They came out the same day. They were local and were very professional and brought in all the stuff. They knew exactly what they needed to do. They taped up the area, got it done in a real timely fashion and cleaned up so I was very pleased. They also came back and checked every day and finally, met with me at the end and went through everything. They showed me the moisture content reports as well. I was very satisfied and I would use ServiceMaster Restore again if I have to.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The dishwasher was leaking so I called Farmers Insurance and the guy told me right away that he was gonna have ServiceMaster Restore contact us. They could have come out that day if we wanted them to but for our scheduling, the next day was better. So ServiceMaster Restore came the next day and they discovered residue on the carpet but the wall opposite of the kitchen wasn't wet. Then they pulled things up and they found that water had gotten to the bottom of the drywall and studs. They told us that they were gonna pull out the cabinets from that side and when they pulled out the bottom shelf, there were molds underneath. So apparently, the leak has already happened for a while. They disassembled the cabinets and saved the front but they had to destroy the boxes.

Then someone came out, reviewed everything and took pictures. ServiceMaster Restore told me that they have a place where they build such things and there are other places that can do it. We went with Tactical, ServiceMaster Restore's sister company, and there was a miscommunication with the cabinet guy. He did not know that to the right of one cabinet, it goes further back to the wall and there were shelves back there. And he did not have a picture showing that. I don't know if ServiceMaster had taken pictures before that was disassembled or not but if they had, those should have been relayed to whoever was gonna do the job and that would have been avoided. Still, everything was done really well by ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 12, 2018

We had ServiceMaster fix a smoke damage in our lake house and it was a great experience. Everything was perfect in scheduling the service, and my interactions with the technicians were wonderful. There were delays in getting the carpet and air duct cleaner guy since he was booked up so it took two weeks to finish the job but it was no big deal. The lady who did the initial work-up estimate thing was very helpful and nice. Every time she would come in and do something, she would let us know what was going on, where they were at and what they were doing. I'm 100% satisfied with ServiceMaster and I’ll use them again in the future.

Original review: July 11, 2018

My son's basement in Des Moines got 18" of water. He and his wife are in China, and I (his Mom) was checking on his house when the torrential rains hit. Carmen and her Service Master crew came in and provided excellent service without any issues with my son being in China. I would recommend them to anyone. There are at least 4 to 5 thousand homes in the greater Des Moines area that have had severe flooding and damage, many never having been flooded before. These homes have fully finished basements and it is a massive job tearing them apart and drying them out. Service Master and their army of employees are working around the clock helping people here in Des Moines. Many homes had 4 to 5 feet of sewage water come in their basements and the Service Master crews are in there cleaning them up. All we can say is, "Thank you, thank you, and thank you again."

Original review: July 11, 2018

We had a great experience with ServiceMaster Restore. The water heater exploded and in Arizona, the water heater is in the garage. The water had come through the wall and into the living room so the wall was permanently water damaged. We made the phone call to our insurance company and ServiceMaster Restore reached out and made initial contact with us. It was a very easy process. They took all the work out of it. I live in a different state from where the property was located and I didn’t have to do anything but answer phone calls and say "Yes, please do it.” They were very efficient and we were very appreciative.

They were in there within just a few hours. They communicated well with our daughter who lived in the home and returned phone calls in a very timely manner. The project took a couple of weeks. Everything had gotten dried out and then they came in to get the repairs done. They were quick about everything and they did a very good job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 10, 2018

We had a wax seal toilet leak and there was also a leaking supply line. ServiceMaster came out and did the two separate services. First, they did the water remediation at our water damage. They cut the sheet rack out then put and run blowers and dryers for three days, which was totally reasonable. Then yesterday, they finished the actual repair. The services were nothing less than outstanding and it has been a positive experience.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: July 9, 2018

I scheduled a service with ServiceMaster when I had a water spill in my basement. Their people came and dried the basement out. Everybody was very courteous, kind, prompt and got the job done quickly. The whole project took four days from start to end and I'm very satisfied with their service. They were very helpful and were the best people to call. Everything was great.

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large and commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal company. ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more, in addition to mold removal.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis
TN
www.servicemasterrestore.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business