Call toll free
4.70/5
Based on 325 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

936 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

We had a fire in the kitchen and so I reached out to the insurance, filed the claim, and they called the ServiceMaster. ServiceMaster came in. They were awesome, friendly and courteous. They explained everything to us about what they were going to do before they came out. They got rid of all the black smoke. They cleaned the ceilings, walls and light bulbs. They cleaned everything they could find. They were like a bunch of little ants. They also cleaned my carpet and my air-conditioning vent due to the black smoke. They let us know how long it would take. They took off the weekend and cleaned three days before Christmas. They came back right after Christmas and cleaned for two days more.

ServiceMaster took all the clothes and cleaned out those as well. There was smoke everywhere, so it was a big job, but they took everything off the shelves, then cleaned and wiped everything down. They turned back the situation and made the kitchen livable. I was so impressed and would highly recommend them to anyone that’s needing this kind of service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Upon discovering a flood at about 5 PM on a Tuesday, I called ServPro and ServiceMaster before 6 PM the same day and they said they would contact us the next morning. ServPro, however, never called. ServiceMaster’s guy, David called at 7:30 the next morning. He was here by 9 and had a crew here by 10 -- they came on time. David was great as he told me everything that was going to happen before, during and after the guys were coming. It took a total of five days to finish the job. They came to change different equipment and stuff.

They were very professional and even when taking their lunch, they stayed at the truck for half an hour and that was it. The service they did was great! Even the contractor who came in said that they’ve been to places that water clean-up people had come to and left a mess but they were very impressed with what ServiceMaster did. Everybody was pretty impressed. Everything was completely picked up and cleaned up. I would highly recommend ServiceMaster Restore.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore was great and really responsive. We had a flood in the basement. And the insurance company was supposed to set them up, but I didn’t hear from them, so I called ServiceMaster. After I spoke to someone, the ServiceMaster techs came out and serviced our basement right away. The two guys who came were wonderful and professional. One of them answered all my questions. Even though I asked stupid questions, he never implied that they were stupid. They made sure that everything was looked after and that I understood everything that was going on. They did a great job.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Everything was absolutely great with our last ServiceMaster experience. Pretty much everything in the basement where a water pipe broke got destroyed. Scheduling for the service call was real easy. They got a dumpster, cleaned everything out, got it all dried out, and rid of the mold. I had to sort some things out and there was a couple of things I wanted to keep, and the technicians worked around me doing that. It was very smooth and easy to do. Everything is in excellent shape now. Everything got handled fast in a professional manner, and I’m very satisfied with the whole experience.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We had some pipes freeze and break and just the amount of water that were in the pipes was all that really damaged our carpet. It was pretty minor. It was confined to one room, so it wasn’t too terrible. The well was shut off, so the water just didn’t keep running which was a good thing. My insurance company contacted ServiceMaster. And then they called me and worked with my schedule as far as coming out and looking at things. They were really good about it.

The technician came twice, and once was the initial time. He told me what he was going to do and if I were to hire them or have them come in and do their service. He explained it pretty well. The guy was really good. I had no problems with him, and he did what he set out to do, and he went right to work, and he didn’t bum around. I’d recommend them. ServiceMaster was the first one I thought of too when it came up before the insurance company even said anything. They asked me if I knew anybody that I’d want to come in and clean it or take care of it, and I knew the name so I just mentioned them. And they said, “Yeah. We can set that up.”

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore came to clean up fire damage at my home. I was very well satisfied with what they did. I called ServiceMaster through the holiday, it was over New Year’s. The following day, one of the men from the company came. He analyzed everything and brought the air purifying machines the next day. They acted efficiently and did a good job. The room’s almost 98% put back together. Not completely done, but we’re almost there. The two workers that came to do the work at my house were also good to me and my dad. I would recommend them. It’s a good company to do business with. They were upfront and professional about everything.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We had a pipe break. I had never in my life ever had a homeowners’ insurance claim and I didn’t know what I was doing. I called my insurance agent, and he said, “Why don’t you give ServiceMaster a call and get them to come out.” I called the representative recommended by my insurance agent. I was given his cell phone number rather than having to call an office and leave a voicemail. He called me back right away and talked to me to figure out what my needs were and jumped right on it.

We had their people out there the next day. They were here at the house assessing the damage, setting up the equipment to dry and the dehumidifiers to help dry out the walls. Over a period of five days, they came back three times to check on the progress and they made sure that it was going like it was supposed to. Once we got to that point where everything was dry, we just had to call the general contractor and make an appointment with him to come out and take a look at everything and get the ball rolling. The timeline has been fantastic and I really didn’t expect it to happen so fast. All of their reps had been professional, courteous, nice, understanding and knowledgeable.

The general contractor sought ServiceMaster out to help me make some decisions on flooring and scheduling. Every single interaction that I had with ServiceMaster over the past month has been exemplary. I couldn’t have asked for better help. However, I had some concerns because of the deductible. It’s a lot of money to put out. But they found ways to work with me to make sure that we would not have to put ourselves behind in order to get our service going.

I wish they have a showroom available for flooring and such. But they’re in the process of doing that right now and they’re getting ready to open one. There are places that we could’ve called that would’ve been cheaper, but you get what you pay for. You’re not going to get the kind of service that ServiceMaster offers. I didn’t want to be stuck with shoddy work. They also worked with our insurance company on every minute detail and that has been tremendously helpful to us considering that we’ve never had a claim before and we had no idea what we were doing. They made what was going to be a really traumatic experience manageable. Plus, they have been transparent on everything and I would recommend them to the queen of England.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We had a roof leak and ServiceMaster came out the day after I called them. They reacted very quickly. The guy separately fixed the roof because it was still raining. They put up barriers in my living room and then they tore open the walls and took out insulation. I had these gigantic fans that blew out all the moisture over several days and they wouldn’t take the fans out until they were sure that all the moisture was out of the walls. They did a really good job of getting the house ready to be rebuilt after the damage was mitigated. I’m very pleased with what they did.

Also they’re very polite. They let me know who was coming to the door. They had different people at different times but they always introduced themselves and gave me a card so I knew exactly who they were and where they were from. Politeness and thoroughness were apparent in their response too. Not having to deal with this kind emergency very often ServiceMaster more than met my expectations and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

We had a water damage from my toilet. I called the insurance company first and then they have given me couple of phone numbers to call. The first one that I called was ServiceMaster and they were very good and helpful. They came in next day when I was available to help them come here and then they started doing the work right away. They were very efficient. The technicians were very good too. They were very professional and I’m very satisfied. I was very pleased with everything that they’ve done. They fulfilled my needs.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

We had a leak and it came to our living room ceiling. ServiceMaster came to cut it out and they were supposed to be here for some repair work. They were timely, professional and respectful. So far the service has been good.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore was Johnny-on-the-spot for me. There was an ice dam and it was my first experience with it. It was no fun. I called my homeowners insurance and they gave me a couple of options of people that they have worked with in the past. I called ServiceMaster Restore, and they picked up the phone and was able to say, “Hey, we’d be out there.” It happened late at night. So I called them first thing the next morning and they were out there that same day. It was within 12 hours of me calling them. My house had flooded so they were able to get mops and drying equipment in there. They brought a crew in to assess and measure the moisture. I was really pleased with what they did.

The rep whom I spoke with was courteous. She said she’d have somebody get a hold of me and set up the time that I could be at the house and open the house up. From the scheduling perspective, it was really smooth. They were accommodating on my time of when I can get off work. And all of their follow-ups subsequent to that were all pre-arranged with their crew's chief guy. They had a team or two that would always come out and monitor the situation and check the moisture and humidity levels. They had to do some demolition and a different guy came in to do it. They had to come on the weekend and asked what time did I want them to come.

The guy that was in charge of a team or two seemed to be very knowledgeable. He knew what he was doing. He was able to look where the water entered the house, where it traveled throughout the house, what walls it got into, and where it got into the floor. From that perspective, he was really good. The demolition guy they brought in also seemed pretty knowledgeable. The apprentice that they had was less knowledgeable, but he had not been with the company very long. Overall, my experience was positive, and I would recommend ServiceMaster Restore. Water damage in your house is no fun to deal with, but it’s definitely no fun if you can’t get somebody out there and the damage ends up being worse.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The insurance company sent ServiceMaster Restore. They contacted me to set up the initial visit and the entire service was professional. The technicians were all very informative and knowledgeable in regards to what they were doing. They were on time and they kept to the schedule. They were also very respectful in coming into my home, dealing with the issue and making me feel at ease. Overall, it was a tremendous experience in light of the situation so I would highly recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

ServiceMaster was doing some water damage repair. I just gave them a phone call and they came out. Most of their representatives were very kind and I'm happy with their service. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

The ceiling was leaking in my condo so I contacted the insurance and then they contacted ServiceMaster. They needed to come out and do some repair, and they were very prompt, polite and speedy. They even asked if they could do it on the weekend so they were done in a matter of three days. Andrew also suggested some renovation in the kitchen and he gave me a quote. He said that the guys from ServiceMaster can do the renovation whenever I am financially ready to get the service done. I'm very satisfied with them and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore was excellent. They're easy to work with and great people to talk to. They came in here and knocked it out and made the best of it. It was great. As for scheduling my service, there was actually confusion the first day as they're coming out so fast and on my behalf. I've sent them home until the next day, but it was excellent. I've never experienced help so quick and that was awesome. The were very neat too. They didn't leave nothing out and neither is nothing gone. I had a couple questions and they explained it to me pretty good. It was great communication. I'm satisfied and I will recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

We had a problem with the toilet supply line and there was water in the upstairs bathroom that drained down into our finished basement. They had to remove the dry wall and tile in next door’s bathroom and it screwed up the hardwood floors. The representative of ServiceMaster was very thorough. All the information was there and was clear and concise and my questions were answered quickly. Then the technicians came quick. They were out within an hour when I called. Everybody was super courteous and super nice, showed up when they said they were going to show up and left everything clean. They were in and out without causing too much disturbance. I had a really good experience through and through and I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I had a frozen water line so I called ServiceMaster Restore and they showed up within three hours. They put the dehumidifiers in, extracted the carpet, and did all the drywall work that I needed torn out and got it all taken care of. The technicians were all professional and good and I was very satisfied and happy.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore techs demolished our bathroom and bedroom, and they were all on time and did well. They were all very pleasant, polite and easy to work with. Even on the phone, they have been very pleasant and helpful too. We are still not finished yet, but it is good. I would recommend them.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

The day I discovered that washing machine hose broke and flooded the downstairs floor of my house, I called ServiceMaster Restore and Servpro. Both sent people out that day, but I went with ServiceMaster Restore because they could start a little faster and because they are the preferred company for USAA. So far, the service has been good. But it took longer to get together with the folks from ServiceMaster Restore and the flooring company they used to take out tiles. Part of the problem was I’m in a different city and so we had to pick a town when I could meet with them. And I was not interested in any of the proposed tiles so I had to go down and meet with them and pick out the tile myself. But everybody has been very helpful and very professional.

They had to pull up all the floors and do some work on my H-Pack system and tear out all my insulation under the house. I had tile purser and wood floors replaced, but we still need some follow up with reinstalling the dishwasher. They did a good job in painting and then cleaning up and putting everything back in the house that have been moved. The ServiceMaster Restore employees that I’ve dealt with have been responsive to my calls and texts and email. The fellow who was assigned to oversee the project maintained a really good attitude, and the painter was especially good as well. They finished the project in just under two months and I'm completely satisfied.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I had a fire in my home and Farmers Insurance recommended ServiceMaster. They came out in a timely manner, cleaned, and took items such as clothing out of my home to be stored. They were hard workers and they did a wonderful job. ServiceMaster's representative, Mike, was easy to work and communicate with, very kind, and very good with the workers. So, he did a great job. On the other hand, the guys who moved my furniture out of my house were not as good as some were. I didn’t feel like they were working as hard and as diligent as the people that were cleaning my house. But other than that, they took care of everything. I would tell my friends to hire ServiceMaster. They were prompt and got the job done.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

We had a water pipe that burst and we scheduled with ServiceMaster upon the suggestion of our insurance company. We looked their number up, called it and someone called me back to schedule a time. The rep told me that it'd probably be the next morning before they could get out, which was fine. The water was turned off so we had everything contained by that time. Everyone that we dealt with there was pleasant.

Also, the techs were very nice and helpful. They explained things and took care of everything. They cleaned out what needed to be removed as far as what got wet, and they told us what they were going to be doing. Then, they brought all their equipment in and set it up, told us how everything works and that someone would be following up with us each day, and make certain the next day and see how much moisture was still there. They did exactly what they were supposed to do and everybody was courteous and nice. I was very satisfied with ServiceMaster.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We had water damage and ServiceMaster has been working on my place. It's taken a while but I understand. We only went over Christmas so there was a break there but the emergency stuff was done and then the contractors have been in pretty well. They couldn't do one thing without doing another, so that's what has been happening. They've been coming almost on a daily basis. The flooring guys are here right now and it is the third day in a row, so it's quite okay and I'm happy. And overall, the contractors have been excellent, very professional and every time I've had a question, they've had the answer. The service has been great, and I'm really satisfied with what they've done. I'm not satisfied with living in squaller right now because everything was moved around and moved out. So I moved into another room but other than that, there were no problems.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

I had a malfunction with some pumps, so I had water all over the basement. When I called the insurance company, they got a hold of ServiceMaster Restore and they came in to clean up the mess. They were very professional and explained what they were going to do and more or less how long it would take. But it took a little longer because there was a problem area that took longer to dry, but they came back and they took some of the fans away when they said they would be done, and left them a few for a couple more days. I'm very satisfied. If you have a problem, call them and they’ll take care of business.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore was out to my home for a leak in my bathroom. I wasn’t at home and they just went on in. I’m a truck driver and I’m gone for most of the time and I gave them a key to get in and out. They kept me updated on what they did and how long it was going to take so communication was good. I could call anytime or if they needed me to sign a paper or something I would arrange to get out and sign papers for them to do the work. They basically were on top of things. I was satisfied with their work.

The finish product was fantastic. They went from ruined to new. They will come out and make sure there was no water leaks anywhere else. They checked everything and they couldn’t find anything. They just didn’t do my bathroom. They also checked the whole house for water that would penetrate everywhere else. So I appreciate them and I would refer them to other places. And if somebody had a leak I would say to call ServiceMaster and they would get the job done.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I put a load of dishes in my dishwasher and went to bed, and the next morning, my house is flooded. My insurance brought ServiceMaster out, and they were at my home. They took care of all the situation and were excellent. They worked extremely hard, too. The gentleman that came out was very professional, very hardworking, and they did an excellent job. If I had that situation happen again, if my insurance didn’t call them, I would. I'd tell friends and family that if they needed a job done correctly, ServiceMaster would be the ones to call.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I had a hot water tank. I don’t know if it blew up or broke, but it caused a lot of water damage. The fellow that came out from ServiceMaster did an efficient job. He was very personable, friendly, polite, worked right through the job, and explained to me what was going on and why it had to be done. He took care of the situation and did a clean job when he tore out the drywall and removed it. He didn’t leave a mess for me to have to clean up. I was very satisfied. ServiceMaster did an excellent job and I would recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

We've had the perfect storm of a clogged toilet. You needed to jiggle the handle and the water had nowhere to go because it was clogged, so over it went. We filed the claim with American Family and they used ServiceMaster Restore and another company. We happened to pick ServiceMaster and they were out the next day. Their tech, Antoine, was very good, reassuring, and very friendly. He was also helpful and made sure we were happy with the service. He left the fans overnight and dried it all out. He also took out the yucky carpets and we were highly satisfied with the service.

We noticed two corners of black mold creeping through but the contractor is still doing the fixing up work and they're going to cut out some of the sheetrock a couple of feet up to see what's going on. So, we haven't delved into whether that was an oversight or just happenstance. Other than that, we would recommend ServiceMaster if someone would have an issue.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

We had a dishwasher leak all over the kitchen and ServiceMaster Restore did a fairly decent job. Scheduling went pretty well and the rep was good. They are young kids, young guys, in their 20s, they came in, they were really respectful. They were clean, for the most part, communicative, and calm. The service was good. It turned into a multistage job, so they had to move an extraordinarily heavy oven that was 800-900 pounds. It had a built-in shelf that dinged a little bit, but not too bad though.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

ServiceMaster was fantastic. We had a beverage center, like a bar fridge, that had a bunch of ice at the back. We pulled all the bottles and cans out, and we defrosted it. Once the ice melted just a little bit, I was able to pull most of the ice out. We put towels in, and the towels were dry. It didn't drip much once I got the big chunk out. So we reloaded the fridge back up, plugged it back in, turned it on, and all of a sudden, the hardwood floor started to buckle in front of it. The water had dripped down the floor.

We had to call ServiceMaster, and they came over. This happened to us once at a previous house. They have those big suction cup mats that they put down and they sucked all the moisture out, they had the fans blowing, and they plastic off that whole area of the house. And the floors came back surprisingly well. One can barely tell. ServiceMaster was very quick, and the technician was very professional. He tried to do it in two days to save us some money. I couldn't have been happier.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

ServiceMaster is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I was renting an apartment on Georgian Bay, and the top of the furnace caught on fire and burned the whole two rooms upstairs. ServiceMaster came in and they did a great job. They cleaned everything out. They asked me about my stuff because they were throwing them into a dumpster, and I told them what I wanted. They were extremely efficient that I was really impressed with them.

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis
TN
www.servicemasterrestore.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use