ServiceMaster Restore

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had to dry out my basement but my sump pump stopped working because the power went out. ServiceMaster Restore came and did it. Scheduling my service was quick considering how many people were affected in our area. I was lucky I didn't have to wait a long time. I called them on a Monday, they came out and gave me an estimate on a Tuesday and started on a Wednesday.

I appreciated Ted's effort. He kept me well-informed, explained everything, gave me an accurate estimate and made sure that everything was done the way that he said it would be done. He came out a lot himself though he wasn't supposed to just to make sure that everything was running the way it was supposed to. The technicians were quiet, did what they came to do, and didn't cause any trouble. Joyce, the representative, was good as well. My basement is dry and I'm 100% satisfied. I got the carpet replaced. There's not a lot of contractors to go around since a lot of people were affected in our area. I'll call them again if I flood next year.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My insurance agent called and contacted ServiceMaster Restore. Then, I received a call from ServiceMaster and they scheduled the time and that was later that day. They left after midnight. It was a wet carpet and they did a very thorough job of trying to get ahead of the moisture. They admitted they had to return as the padding was soaked. They returned the next day and thoroughly started drying out the carpet. They had pulled the padding out and continued to have about ten fans downstairs. They kept coming back out and checked in to see when it was dried. It took about four days for them to finally remove the equipment. They had a lockbox on my door so they could get in if I wasn't here but they always knock first and I was typically here. My experience was very good. They were prompt, very nice, courteous, professional and thorough.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had ServiceMaster Restore clean my house after a fire and I was satisfied with their service. It was easy to schedule them for the job. Their men came in and when they said they were going to be here, they were here on time. They were very polite and they did what they're supposed to do. They also left a machine running for a few days to get the smoke out the house. I had a good relationship with them and I was very pleased.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The ServiceMaster out of Bemidji was very prompt, thorough, and helpful. We were in the process of selling the house. Two weeks before it was going to be sold and we’re in the process of moving, the water softener started leaking. My husband and I were out of town. My college daughter and her boyfriend happened to be at home that weekend and found the leak. It had already gone under the wall, and underneath the carpeting in the basement. I thought nobody would be working on a Saturday so I ended up calling ServiceMaster on Monday and they came over right away. They assessed the situation, started blowers going and reduced the amount of damage done to the carpet so that we only had to replace the pad and save the carpet. That was very helpful. They said, “You should have called us when you found it. We would have come right away.” If I called them earlier, they could have gotten some of the water out of there.

Doug, the main guy, answered my phone calls every time I called, even though he and his wife were planning a trip. He was returning my phone calls the day before he flew out. He was very dedicated to the business. After, they also helped me figure out a person to install the pad. They recommended somebody who also came over on a moment’s notice to replace the pad. Then, they came back and cleaned all of the carpets so that it all looked perfect for the new owners. They got a new pad under the carpet and did a great job. I would definitely recommend ServiceMaster.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore is excellent and I like them. Everybody there was very nice and the work they’ve done was great. I had a toilet upstairs that was broken and water was running out continually. That put a hole in the ceiling and flooded my living room and dining room. My carpet was soaked. ServiceMaster came right away and removed my carpet. The only problem I have right now is I need the carpet and ServiceMaster Restore is having a problem with State Farm. State Farm won't agree with their price. Everything’s been fixed, I'm just waiting to have the carpet put on. Still, I'd recommend ServiceMaster Restore to a friend.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We recently had a fire and we had ServiceMaster Restore come in and clean up. The insurance company called and set everything up. Alex came and did his assessments. So, the next day after the fire happened, there were around 50 people coming over the house. We had ServiceMaster clean the house first because we wanted to know whether they could get the laundry room back to normal right away. Soon as it was okay to do the laundry room, ServiceMaster gathered everything and cleaned up everything real nice. The last thing we're waiting for is somebody to come in and do the insurance company to go, "Okay, we can rebuild." Somebody is also coming in to clean the grout. I am extremely happy with our experience with ServiceMaster.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very satisfied with ServiceMaster Restore’s work. We had a small crack in a basement wall that let water in onto the floor. I scheduled for a service with them over the phone. Their rep was very good and was able to answer my questions. Their techs were also very nice and professional all the way around. They guided me through the cleanup process. ServiceMaster cleaned up the concrete floor and they did it well. I had an excellent experience with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore was excellent. I find a lot of times when I deal with contractors or companies that they don't always show up on when they say they're going to, but not ServiceMaster. They came when they said they were going to come and they showed up on time. The last time, they came to handle a situation with my unit being flooded. There were mold and other issues and they had to clean it off the walls and the ceiling and the floors. They were great. They did the work quickly and they were very neat and clean. Their reps kept everything contained. I was very impressed with how well they cleaned up. Also, Servicemaster was very informative and available for questions and got right back to me when I had questions. When I called them, they would answer my questions and the gentleman who was doing the work was very accessible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore was excellent and I love them. They came out a month ago for water damage and the technicians were excellent. Everyone I dealt with was professional and they were very good at what they did. They were the best and I highly recommend ServiceMaster to anybody.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a water leak in our basement and so it damaged some drywall and carpeting. ServiceMaster Restore was called out to help mitigate this. When they came out, they first assessed it and then quickly sent out a crew, removed the damaged carpet and drywall and tested for mold. It was very quick and painless. The technicians were very professional and I was extremely satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster laid down my contents from a fire. Scheduling the service call was good and the workers that came out were good and professional. The two workers, Todd and Dave, were absolutely wonderful and kept me level-headed when I was stressing out. They would talk to me and say, "You know, we do this every day. We've seen it,” and I'm sure they had. I couldn't ask for two better people to help me. But when I tried to get a rep to give me a price on the demo-ing and doing all the construction, I couldn’t get in touch with him. I spoke with a girl named Ashley and she said I would have to talk to a guy named Nathan about it, so I did. However, Nathan wasn't available so I left him a voicemail. I waited one whole week but he never called back. I couldn't wait forever so I had to go with another company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have only had one experience with ServiceMaster Restore and that was just last month in my basement. I had a dehumidifier in my basement, and it had an automatic shut-off. It didn't shut off and the water overflowed and ran out on the floor, so they had to tear the floor up. Two lady reps came the first day and took down all the information and wrote them down. Then the install tech, Larry, came the second day to change the dehumidifier with another one. The techs took our wet rug, cleaned it for us and brought it back. They were really nice and they did a wonderful job. I would recommend ServiceMaster Restore to anyone.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our washer flooded my kitchen and garage so we had to have ServiceMaster over. I got their number from Google, then I called them and scheduled the service which was very easy to do. They had somebody in the area so they came out pretty quickly. The rep who came was awesome. He explained everything that was needed to be done or checked on and what could be the worst possible case so I wouldn’t be surprised that it ended up not being as bad as it could’ve been. We had two different guys checking on things and both of them were awesome. They did a great job and things are now better than before. They got everything out and I couldn’t have asked for anything more.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore was absolutely fabulous. My basement flooded and they came the next morning and cleaned up the mess. They guided me and they were professionals. The majority was covered by my homeowner’s insurance. It was better than expected and I’m very satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was a leak in the house so I scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore. Their reps were very good and professional. They followed up, did what they said they’d do and came when they said they’d come. They were all great and flexible.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were getting coverage for a water leak that we had and ServiceMaster was prompt, very flexible and fantastic as far as scheduling goes. Their technician Carlos and the owner’s son, Ryan, came and they were both very professional and prompt. They were there when they said they’re going to be there, cleaned up and explained things great. They just did the remediation but they did a great job. They got everything out that was supposed to have gotten out. Our overall experience with ServiceMaster was great.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore came into our home because we had a flood and they were with us for close to two weeks drying out our property. There was really one main representative that was on site with us the entire time and he was extremely helpful and very pleasant to work with. They had another gentleman who came in towards the end and worked with him. They were very accommodating and very helpful in terms of getting us out of the home and getting our stuff where it needed to be.

I knew and recognized the times that the guys working at our home seemed to be distracted by phone calls coming from their office and being given directives from people in the office who didn’t seem to have a grasp from what was really happening on site. Although they try to mask it for me, it was apparent that there were inherent frustrations for them that they’re working on a very large case in terms of the amount of damage, being given very few people to actually do it with and had to demo my whole home. They were being asked constantly, “Well, when are you going to be done at that site because we need you at a different site?”.

It was obvious that the two guys were being stretched in different directions and they were frustrated by that. I recognize what was going on and I appreciate what they were doing. The guys on the ground who were actually doing the work were amazing. But again, the people in the office didn’t seem to be in touch with what was happening on the ground.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore went through the insurance company. The rep Jon kept me informed on everything and even called me quite a bit to let me know when they were coming or how far they were out. That was nice to know because I had to go down to meet them every time because this was at my parents' house. They came in and removed the mold that was in my mom and dad's bathroom wall. They spent a day and a half there and came back, three days later to remove their equipment, and everything was good. All the mold was gone, and it was ready to go to the next phase. The technicians were all very courteous and very professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My most recent experience with ServiceMaster Restore was for a flood in the house. Scheduling their service was excellent. They were there within the hour and got right on the job, sucking the water out of the floor and carpet. They were top-notch and everything was great. The service was through the insurance, so the insurance took care of everything on that side of it. The techs were very good and they knew their job. They got in promptly and got it done. They were real professional.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There was an ice-maker line that failed and ServiceMaster did the drying and then the demo at my mom’s house floor. Everything was good. The guy was great but there was one little thing and it was underneath the sink in the counter that they had to take apart. They’re waiting for the result but they cropped up the Corian counter. It’s my mom’s place and she’s 77 with dementia and Alzheimer’s, early but still, she forgets.

The guys said “Don’t lean on the counter,” and my mom was not remembering that. The two-by-four with the wedge that they had leaning up to one side of the counter was sliding. To me, it wasn’t really supporting the countertop and so, I went and had my neighbor who deals with wooden stuff, which I told the insurance about, come over and we placed a better brace on the side of it and also drilled it, screwed it into a stud of the open wall so it’s not going anywhere. So my only suggestion for them is for someone putting a stud there. Having them put it in place and not work at a slide or fall off or fall would be a smart move just for future. I didn’t call ServiceMaster and I went over to my neighbor asking them to help me since I’m not going to wait for anyone.

The technicians were totally awesome and professional. I’m not a construction person but it’s pretty rickety upon seeing that and I didn’t think much of it until I saw it sliding or until it was crooked. I could kick it and it’d fall. The counter didn’t but had I not had someone else come help do a better brace on it, outside the scope of all this, it could have and I’d hate for it to fall and hurt them so as a safety aspect and just taking consideration of my mom and her roommate who helps take care of her and who were both in their later 70’s. If something happens then it’s not going to be good. But other than that, everything was great and nice.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our pipe burst and ServiceMaster reps came in and checked if the moisture level was normal. It was easy to schedule them but there wasn’t much else that they did. They were also very helpful and I appreciate that. Overall, our experience with Service Master Restore was fine. They were professional and efficient.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There's water in my bedroom. I got in touch with ServiceMaster Restore to get it cleaned up and they were very responsive in a timely manner. I emailed the guy and he sent me all the paperwork that I needed to submit to my condo association. It's easy setting up an appointment with them and they came out overnight. They pulled up the carpet a little bit and dried everything out for a few days with a fan. I didn't have any issues with them and I was very satisfied. I had a bad experience with another company a few months ago so, hands down to ServiceMaster Restore. They did much better.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Our basement flooded from a bad rainstorm and we were able to get ServiceMaster Restore out here quickly. They pulled up our carpet, some of the baseboards and some of the vinyl flooring that we had downstairs. Scheduling the service was easy. They called us a couple of times and when we called back to schedule an appointment, they were perfectly fine. Their service was excellent. Everything was cleaned up and moved into the middle of the room. All the carpet was pulled up although they left the carpet on the stairs otherwise, we would have poked our feet with the carpet nail. We appreciated that and it was great. We had ServiceMaster Restore out here twice and both times were for a flooded basement. Our experience was excellent in both times and I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a minor flood and it was covered by our homeowner’s insurance so we scheduled a service with ServiceMaster. Their service and technicians were really good and the experience was easy.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

My uncle passed away last year and I had to deal with fully renovating his apartment as I was the executor of his estate. He was very sickly and a bit of a hoarder and his apartment was an absolute disaster. ServiceMaster Restore helped me through the process of cleaning. When they noticed there was some mold, they helped me with my insurance claim and discussed all of my options with me.

I have a wonderful experience with ServiceMaster. They accommodated me and pretty much walked me through step-by-step everything that had to be done and helped me make decisions of return on investments since we're planning on putting it on the market. They provided guidance but didn't try to influence me. I have to single out Martha who was the person that answered the phone most of the time when I call. She was always available and if not she calls me back immediately. I felt like I had a point of contact to send me to the right place and person. When their job was finished I was totally satisfied. The apartment now looked like a showroom. It was immaculate. I would have spent a lot more money and would be a lot less satisfied if I didn't have them to help me.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore, they came out right away, got here on time and cleared up the order which I liked. They took care of everything and did what they’re supposed to do. Then they got paid and left. The service was good but I don’t want them in my house anymore because they didn’t put anything back like they should. I don’t care if they took out one piece of board, which they did. Still, they should’ve put everything back that they took out. There were walls, carpet and floor removed which I have to live with and use every day. I still haven’t gotten my house back together and I have to watch out where I sit. So I’m totally dissatisfied with ServiceMaster.

The lady that came out was nice and very explanatory. She told me that she had an estimate for me but she never called or came back to see how much they’re going to charge to put everything back. At the price that they charged, they should’ve put everything back. I could’ve done the same thing and charge whatever they charged. They could’ve told me their fees upfront and I wouldn’t have gotten them. I only knew it afterward. Other than that, there was a big mix-up on my insurance claim and apparently, I had a different insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I’m in customer care and I was very impressed with how ServiceMaster Restore runs their business. I’ve had a couple of experiences with regards to our house and they showed up when they said they’re going to show up and treated our house with respect. The first service came out to remove the damaged areas of the house. They're two gentlemen, Dennis and his son, who were incredibly professional and very fast. They set up the fans and arranged everything so we were still able to walk from one end of the house to the other without tripping over anything.

Then another service, led by a very respectful gentleman named Jose, came out to do the box out and storage. They were like a little army that very efficiently removed all the furniture, packed everything up, and labeled all the boxes. I realized I had to come back and sign out when they finished and I noticed that they shouldn't have boxed up a closet. They were told to box everything in the room and the closet was part of it so it wasn't their fault. I ran down the street, waved my arms, and yelled at them to come back but the truck had already gone. Jose got the truck back and took off the boxes then they inventoried everything. It was very easy. They were willing to unpack it but I told them that I'd do it since it was my error and I wasn't clear that the closet was not going. The same group will be back on the 11th to put everything back and our satisfaction is at 100% so far. I am absolutely ecstatic with their service and I would definitely recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore came when we had a flood under the house and in the bathroom in our mobile home. They removed the wet insulation, the wet vapor barrier, our vanette and portable floor. They were excellent and very professional. If we ask them to be here at 11:00, they are here at 11:00 on the dot. Plus, they came back every day to make sure that everything was drying out properly. They were great and absolutely amazing. We were so pleased with them that they’re coming back next week to do the renovation for us. Also, we’ve already recommended them to people.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We moved out of our house in March last year and into a new house. We wanted to get the old house remodeled to get it on the market to sell. In January or February, we got a contractor in and had every interior door replaced, all the door trim, all baseboard, all new carpeting, top to bottom, and new vinyl floors. Our real estate agent was very impressed, went ahead and listed the house for sale at a price that’s higher than any other townhouse unit in that development that ever been listed before. She posted it online on Thursday and we were really excited. A couple wanted to come see the house on Friday evening and at about 8:00 in the morning on Friday, we got a call from the next door neighbor saying we got water pouring out on our garage door.

The two cartridge filter systems under our kitchen sink came apart and ran water in the kitchen cabinet, across the floor, underneath the cabinets, out underneath the wall separating the kitchen from the dining room into the dining room area under a brand new carpet. It also followed the opening or the hole through the floor down into the garage, for the drain pipes and the sink. The water went down through there, into the ceiling of the garage and got into the ductwork for the furnace. It followed the ductwork into the game room and the laundry room and flooded those as well. We discovered that about 8:00 o’clock in the morning and talked to our insurance agent and he rattled off some names of some companies and said to call one of them right away to get them in. I called ServiceMaster and they had somebody out by 1:00 or 1:30 in the afternoon. Within another 45 minutes, there were a total of four vans and eight guys out.

The crew was very professional, polite, and answered questions. They began ripping things apart that were damaged and soaked and bagging it up and taking it out. When they came back, they swept up quite a bit of stuff to set it up for the next phase of work. I was impressed when they took their time in taking off all of the casing, door trim, and brand new baseboard moldings so that these were not damaged. What was even more impressive was they took the time to pull the nails out, so there weren’t any boards lying around in the house with nails for somebody to trample on. Even in the garage, they put down sheets of plastic, so when they started ripping down the drywall ceiling, the chunks of drywall didn’t get wet on the cement floor and stick to it.

When they cut out sections of drywall, they took the time to measure, mark and cut a very straight line, so that when somebody came back in to do the repairs, they can take a 4x8 sheet of plywood and cut it in half lengthwise and not have oddball size pieces of material in waste and leftover. By 5:30, they had all those damaged materials, drywall, insulation removed. They had a multitude of blowers, fans and dehumidifiers set up in the house to start drying things out. Everything ran for the remainder of Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. On Tuesday, they came over to get all the equipment and check everything for moisture. They’re relatively quick. They found one little place that was beyond the safe measurements and they ended up cutting some more drywall out. I put a little household fan blowing on that area to dry it out. They also went around and sprayed the antimicrobial spray on things and did a good job.

I was very impressed with how fast they worked and everybody who came immediately started doing something. They all knew what had to be done and did it, which was refreshing to see. When the water went down through the kitchen sink into the basement, it went through the floor. There’s an oriented strand board, the structural flooring and then there was the one plywood on top of that and the final floor on top of that. ServiceMaster couldn’t rip that up to find out whether moisture was in there or not and my insurance company is dragging their feet. I was a little shocked when I got the bill, but there’s a price to pay for how fast they responded, got in and took care of the damage before it can create any kind of mold. Everybody that I’ve talked to didn’t think that that was a bad price for what they've accomplished.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

ServiceMaster Restore came out to the house almost a month ago. They took care of my water damages, got all the water out and placed dryers and then they dried my walls up. They took my stuff out and they got rid of the flooring that they needed to take out for me. Everything was great. It was very easy to schedule an appointment. I didn’t do anything. Their interns did it all for me. If I ever have a problem, I would use them again. I'd recommend them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore because my water heater leaked and they were out the next day. The tech came out to take a look and tell me exactly what the process would be. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure. He was also very friendly and timely. I felt at ease. For about the next four days, folks came regularly to start the drying process. Everything was fantastic and amazing. The house was back in its usual state. We're clean and the odor was gone. I'm 100% satisfied.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We went on vacation. We came home and the water line to the refrigerator, to the ice machine burst so, our whole kitchen and everything was all flooded. We got in touch with ServiceMaster Restore, they called us and asked if they can come out right away. It was our first time to use them and they were really good, very professional and really nice. They came and took care of everything right away. They checked all the wet spots and they pulled up all the wet flooring. They put all the fans out, the dehumidifiers, to make sure everything was getting dry. They came in every day and checked everything out to make sure it was dry before they pulled all the fans and stuff. It took almost seven days to do the job and I had a great satisfaction with their service.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

ServiceMaster Restore
1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis