Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.65/5
Based on 1,315 ratings

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

ServiceMaster Restore Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

Our insurance company sent ServiceMaster Restore out to our home after a large portion was damaged by water from an overflowing toilet. The gentleman who came out were so professional and courteous and they answered my many questions about the process. After placing around 8 fans and 3 dehumidifiers in our home, they left and said they'd be back the following weekend. Unfortunately, one of the dehumidifiers went out and flooded our entryway but SM were so quick to send an after-hours tech out to replace it and clean it all up. The remediation process was quick and painless and I am so happy they were called. Another company quoted us 4-6 weeks out of our home and well over 3x the amount ServiceMaster charged.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about ServiceMaster Restore. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer! !- Anchee

Original review: July 30, 2020

I recently discovered I had a water leak in my home. I called my insurance agent and she recommended Service Master Restore. What a blessing! Bryan ** was here within an hour. The problem was determined and Bryan explained in detail what each step would be to take care of my problem. His crew was here promptly at 9 a.m. to start work. They were very courteous and respectful and hard workers. When they were finished they cleaned up everything and left no mess at all. Bryan was here to check on everything and explain what the next steps would be. Bryan has been here everyday to check on everything and has made what could have been a nightmare a wonderful experience. I very highly recommend Service Master Restore!

ServiceMaster Restore response

Get buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2020

City sewage backed up into my basement during the Covid lock-down. Anthony and Jose from ServiceMaster were Amazing. They did a very thorough and complete job, patiently answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. They helped me deal with the City as much as they could, explained everything to me and kept coming back on a daily basis until my basement was completely dry and all of the fecal tainted items in my basement were thrown out.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Thank you, Jen! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: March 2, 2021

My nephew hired Service Master to come and clean my trailer before I moved in it. Granted, they had to move a lot of boxes and some furniture to a shed right next door but they were getting paid $90 an hour each and the bill came to at least $2200. Of course that doesn’t add up to many hours. Everything that they cleaned I will have to clean again. They shampooed the carpet but they left it so wet that we had to end up tearing it up anyway. They had plenty of time to smoke and talk on their cellphones though

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

My insurance company sent out ServiceMaster Restore after an electrical fire. The initial contact was speedy, I was quite impressed. This was the calm before the storm so to speak. After this initial contact it took close to 2 weeks for any further work to be conducted. All mine and my kids belongings were sitting in smokey ash and soot creating further damage. My landlord had PuroClean as a contractor, they were on the ball and even gave me information regarding the process. They informed me they also worked with my insurer, in hindsight I now wish I contacted my insurer and switched.

With ServiceMaster none of my questions were answered, they couldn't even give me an hourly rate and the cost for storage as repairs were done. What company doesn't know their hourly rate (or any of their rates for that matter). When I started to voice my opinion and concerns I noticed the full time employees changing attitude (not the temps, they were still very nice). It was already a very stressful situation, watching all my stuff being prepped for disposal. ServiceMaster Restore definitely added to the stress.

If your insurance company has ServiceMaster as their preferred find out who they have next on the list. I would suggest you check if PuroClean works with your insurer, as I have had experience with them (be it through my landlords insurer). On a final note, I definitely feel like ServiceMaster was there to take advantage of me in a disaster situation, I feel used and abused by them and still have to pay because they didn't listen to the instructions from my insurer or myself.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2021

Due to a water leak my insurance company sent Service Master workers to my house. They said that they removed the insulation from the crawlspace but it turned out they hadn’t. The services not rendered they charge the insurance company $450. In addition, they put the contents of some of my kitchen cabinets in 9 cardboard boxes and for that alone they charged my insurance company $874. Obviously, due to lack of supervision by the insurance company (probably due to Covid-19) they charged anything they wanted and got paid. I do not trust them at all. This is a shady company. Beware.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2020

Stay far away from this company. They not only don’t know what they are doing but they were sent by my insurance company and forged my signature on documents. I’ve been trying to get this taken care of for over 5 months and all the sudden I received an invoice for $3200 saying if I don’t pay this money they will take further action. I never contracted this company nor did they even offer the services they told my insurance company they could do. Their tech that I spoke with even admitted they don’t usually do crawl space work and moisture barrier work.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2020

We had a plumbing flood. Our insurance recommended Service Master. The mediation was a disaster due to so many mistakes and careless work. I keep explaining it's not about the money, it’s about our home that we love and have shared many memories with our kids and our grandkids. They left it in quite a mess and that was 35 days ago. It’s still a mess and it’s heartbreaking.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

We had a fire in our basement July 2019. The insurance company hired Servicemaster as we were out of town and then encouraged us to use them for repair also. All around the service has been nothing but problems. There isn’t enough room in this space to tell anyone how bad our experience still is a year later even after numerous calls trying to resolve. It’s sad a company can make false claims and act as though they can help eliminate your stress only to compound the issues at such stressful time. I would discourage any one from hiring them.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

Updated on 09/02/2020: Please be very careful when hiring or your insurance hiring Service Master, I had very severe water damage done to my home. Service Master cleaned up and packed up my household goods. In the process the employees stole various items from my home. This was very unprofessional and now I am trying to receive compensation for stolen items. To no one surprise I am being ignored even by the Corp office in TN. Shame On Them!!!

Original Review: I home was damaged by water. My insurance called Service Master to handle the process of packing up my household items. In the process their employees stole valuable items. If I was not dealing with chemo and radiation I would have watched their every move. It took me years to pay and collect a doll collection I had invested $5000 into.

ServiceMaster Restore author review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal business. In addition to mold removal, ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
      We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
      What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
      ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
      How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
      We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
      ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
      Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
      How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
      ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
      3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
      Memphis