About ServiceMaster Restore
This profile has not been claimed by the company. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.
Overall Satisfaction Rating
- 5 stars
- 4 stars
- 3 stars
- 2 stars
- 1 stars
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,426,712 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
We had water damage in our rental house--flooded the kitchen hallway, living room, and partially into the bedrooms. The Servicemaster team was thorough, efficient, took the time to explain what they were doing and why, and came back several times to follow up. We could not have asked for a better response.
Fast initial contact and review of scope of work. Fast set up of contract... then a delay in getting contractors. First contractor was a no call no show. Second contractor was ok but not great... paintwork and drywall are just ok. Carpet installer was fantastic. But a subcontractor. The job manager brought out carpet samples. I chose what I wanted and a week later he called to tell me he had given me the wrong sample books. The second set of samples had very low-quality carpet. Was not putting that in my home. Was advised that the adjuster had not allowed enough for the carpet I wanted. Called the adjuster, he increased the allowance and advised me to find the carpet I wanted on my own. Found my original choice of carpet direct from the mill. It was less than the original amount allowed which also included pad and delivery cost.
Had to reject the first completion of work due to subpar repairs to drywall and painting. Made payment via cashiers check. Received email saying that they could no longer accept checks. When I contacted the job manager he stated he had not sent that email and his email must have been hacked. He advised I would receive a monthly invoice for the remaining deductible balance. Today less than a week since paying in excess of $15,000.00 I received not an invoice but a threatening letter stating they would file a lien on the property sfter the delivery of said letter. I would advise never to use this company even if recommended by insurance adjuster.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
ServiceMaster works very fast but is overpriced. They came out same day for appraisal, took about 10 minutes. Scheduled work the same week. They arrived at 9am and had all mold out and were done by 10am, work time 1 hour. Left air scrubbers for 4 days to completely remove spores pick up time 5 minutes. They do great demo, they do not do drywall so I had to do that myself. Also, charged $1,650 for the 1 hour active time with 2 people, seemed overprice but work fast and hard. I know extra fees probably for the chemicals (Goldmorr) and disposal of 15 sq feet of drywall but $1,650 seems a little high for the little work needed. Was not willing to negotiate price.
ServiceMaster was in my home in May of this year. I had a toilet overflow & I had water damage upstairs & downstairs. My insurance adjuster through American family referred me to them. They did an awful job taking out the trim & they did not take out the nails when they ripped up the flooring. They threw my faulty toilet & a bunch of trim in my tub upstairs. They also have an employee “Demarco” that asked me inappropriate questions that made me very uncomfortable in my own home. I had to have someone in my home or on the phone with someone when he was there. Plus my contractor told me that whoever did this job was lazy & didn’t do it very well.
They lost pieces to my light fixture & screws for my hinges on my linen closet. I had to replace those items. Plus they busted my toilet downstairs. ‘Demarco” said the tank was loose & it leaked but it was fine before he came into my house. I will never refer them or have them in my home ever again! If you would like pics I also have them.
After a minor refrigerator water line leak under my laminate flooring, my Insurance company contacted ServiceMaster on my behalf. This company proceeded to pack up ALL our belongings into boxes without care or respect for the contents. They even chucked my Mother's Urn into the storage bin cracking it! After wasting 6 days packing, they finally opened up the wet flooring area (no water was on the surface, but their dehumidifiers were). After declaring I had mold development, they stated insurance would not cover it. Both bathroom vanities/toilets were removed as were the cabinets under the granite countertops. The counters were propped up on 2x4's without cross bracing causing them to crack. They even removed all my flooring despite my begging them to leave the good flooring alone.
In fact I was summarily dismissed and treated without any respect or humanity at multiple times during nearly every encounter with this company. Finding out the damages they caused and loss of property broken during the pack-out along with the later damage to my oriental carpets and all fabric clothes and furniture by months picked up at their filthy storage facility where my items were stored next to someone's burned house fire property under a filthy plastic tarp was the bad icing on the cake.
Sadly, unless you are financially well-off it is not worth hiring an attorney. As it has been explained, the costs to bring this company to court for negligence or breach of contract would likely outweigh what it would cost to just repair all the damage at your expense. Do NOT hire this company, and ask your Insurance company if they have a proprietary arrangement with certain mitigation companies. If they do, I strongly recommend looking for another insurance company! Three years later and we are still living out of boxes trying to raise the money for repairs.
Hired Servicemaster when I had a water leak. Bad choice. When they finally came to house. No four hours response, by the way, I was told “no big deal, let it air out, run a fan. If it doesn’t dry out give us a call.” Next thing you know I have mold throughout my house in the ceilings. First thing I do is call servicemaster, thinking they might take responsibility. Ha. They can’t find a record of coming to my house. Next, now I really do need a four hour response. They can’t come for days. I’m sitting around waiting on first day, call their office. “You don’t have an appointment today”. Schedule appointment for a week later, I’m waiting for them to come, they call, “we need to reschedule your appointment for tomorrow “. What a scam. I call someone else, and then call my lawyer.
It’s hard to see that there are still so many people who will take advantage of people when they are down but Service Master definitely does just that. They came in after my house flooded and barely removed anything, spent more time reading the moisture level on the walls than actually removing them. My contractor had to keep pushing his finger through the sheet rock to get them to take anything out. They knew I wasn’t able to live in the house and they left walls, door borders, a vanity, insulation and items soaked in water.
They brought in fans and plugged them all into one room so the breaker kept flipping, then they said they come everyday to check on the fans and didn’t return till 4 days later. Everything they pulled out of the house they left spread out through my front yard but charged me for removal. I finally returned to my house when the water was restored and there was mold Everywhere, 4 months later I’m still having issues because due to them lying and saying they removed everything and not the mold has spread. Had a company that actually cared about their customers come I wouldn’t have to continue to turn around and pay more people for the same work service Master claimed they did and of course charged for.
I was shocked to receive an almost $6,000 bill for the work they actually completed. I have called and talked to multiple people and of course they don’t care nor offer to come out and actually do the work they charged for. I learned my lesson the hard way for sure but hopefully this review helps at least one person from being taken advantage of from this money hungry company!
My nephew hired Service Master to come and clean my trailer before I moved in it. Granted, they had to move a lot of boxes and some furniture to a shed right next door but they were getting paid $90 an hour each and the bill came to at least $2200. Of course that doesn’t add up to many hours. Everything that they cleaned I will have to clean again. They shampooed the carpet but they left it so wet that we had to end up tearing it up anyway. They had plenty of time to smoke and talk on their cellphones though
My insurance company sent out ServiceMaster Restore after an electrical fire. The initial contact was speedy, I was quite impressed. This was the calm before the storm so to speak. After this initial contact it took close to 2 weeks for any further work to be conducted. All mine and my kids belongings were sitting in smokey ash and soot creating further damage. My landlord had PuroClean as a contractor, they were on the ball and even gave me information regarding the process. They informed me they also worked with my insurer, in hindsight I now wish I contacted my insurer and switched.
With ServiceMaster none of my questions were answered, they couldn't even give me an hourly rate and the cost for storage as repairs were done. What company doesn't know their hourly rate (or any of their rates for that matter). When I started to voice my opinion and concerns I noticed the full time employees changing attitude (not the temps, they were still very nice). It was already a very stressful situation, watching all my stuff being prepped for disposal. ServiceMaster Restore definitely added to the stress.
If your insurance company has ServiceMaster as their preferred find out who they have next on the list. I would suggest you check if PuroClean works with your insurer, as I have had experience with them (be it through my landlords insurer). On a final note, I definitely feel like ServiceMaster was there to take advantage of me in a disaster situation, I feel used and abused by them and still have to pay because they didn't listen to the instructions from my insurer or myself.
Due to a water leak my insurance company sent Service Master workers to my house. They said that they removed the insulation from the crawlspace but it turned out they hadn’t. The services not rendered they charge the insurance company $450. In addition, they put the contents of some of my kitchen cabinets in 9 cardboard boxes and for that alone they charged my insurance company $874. Obviously, due to lack of supervision by the insurance company (probably due to Covid-19) they charged anything they wanted and got paid. I do not trust them at all. This is a shady company. Beware.
ServiceMaster Restore author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.
Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.
Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal business. In addition to mold removal, ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more.
Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.
Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.
Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.
ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers
- What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
- We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
- What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
- ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.
With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
- How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
- We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
- ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
- Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
- How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
- ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.
ServiceMaster Restore Company Information
- Company Name:
- ServiceMaster Restore
- Year Founded:
- 3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.