Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
About ServiceMaster Restore Reviews
Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,315,640 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Reviewed Sept. 27, 2023
I contacted ServiceMaster Restore in Moncton NB Canada for a job related to water damage / mold issue in a home of a single mother who is a first nations person on the Elsipogtog First Nation. The representative refused the job saying they were "too swamped" on the same week as National Truth and Reconciliation day. No offer was made to assess the job at a future date. Exact response minus the reps name: "Hi Tyler, Sorry we are just swamped. We won’t be able to take it on. Thanks."
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2023
I recently was employed by this company but was forced to quit due to unsafe work conditions and managers that steals commission. My first issue was managers misleading the part time and full time schedule as if part time was not available because she wanted me to stay full time and I made it very clear that I could not because of having to travel on the weekends for my parents. The second issue was working in unsafe conditions. We were instructed to sweep on 24 apartment building. We had no mask or suits from all the dust particles that were present.
I got sick around mid day. I threw up and passed out. No one asked me if I was okay the following day. That did not sit right to me, especially for a company that pushes a family atmosphere. That immediately opened my eyes a little wider. The situation that took me over the top was the manager was stealing commissions for herself and wanted me to believe that she had no clue and just found out. This place is not a safe place to work at all, mentally nor physically. I do not recommend.
Thanks for subscribing.
You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2023
A wind storm caused a tree to fall partially on our house and mostly in the backyard. State Farm recommended this company for emergency repairs. They tried to bill $2700 for the emergency repairs done days after the storm. The emergency repairs took 3 men 4 hours and less than $75 of material. After arguing for a lengthy period and with no leg to stand on they finally submitted $1066 (still outrageous). Before learning the charge for emergency service, I had contracted with them to remove the remaining part of the tree and debris. I have had trees removed before, and the crew was amateur at best. We have pictures of a guy standing 25 feet in the air on top of the cut tree with no safety measures at all. They let part of the tree fall on my neighbor's garage. We learned later they were actually a structural repair crew pressed into service for tree removal. Way overpriced and poor quality.
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2023
Called every day for 3 weeks to get job finished. No call back until 2 1/2 weeks later but still no response as to get it scheduled. Guess I was the smart one by not giving in to giving them the last payment.
Reviewed June 26, 2023
Unfortunately, my experience with ServiceMaster Restore in NH was disappointing. The results were ineffective, and their treatment of my kitchen cabinets was careless, resulting in damage. Despite their promises and assurances, the mitigation measures employed by the company proved to be ineffective in resolving the problem. The moisture and water accumulation persisted even after their intervention, leaving me frustrated and concerned about the long-term implications for my property. To make matters worse, their handling of my kitchen cabinets was careless. The technicians seemed to disregard the importance of delicate handling and caused damage to the cabinets during the installation of their equipment.
I am disappointed by the lack of professionalism and attention to detail demonstrated by ServiceMaster. I had expected a reputable and reliable service, but unfortunately, they failed to meet these expectations. I urge the company to consider the impact their actions have on their customers' satisfaction and the reputation of their business. In light of my experience, I regretfully cannot recommend ServiceMaster to others in need of water mitigation services. I hope that by sharing my feedback, improvements can be made to avoid similar issues in the future and ensure a more satisfactory experience for future customers.
Reviewed May 17, 2023
In 2020 I had a garage fire, they were recommended by my insurance. First the job was never completed. Second Adam took a check and cashed it without my signature. Third the works they sent was drinking beer and smoking pot at my home. Adam ** was the first I spoke to and I had to constantly call to get anything done. I then began talking to his brother Mike ** and he was no better.
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2023
When a pipe under my mobile home broke, I called my insurance co. They told me they only dealt with Service Master, so they sent them to my home, very nice service until the end!! I kept reminding them I was elderly and on a very fixed income and it would take me awhile to raise the 500.00 deductible. (I was lucky to receive a 300.00 stimulus check.)
After 6-8 weeks after the work was done, I had the 500.00. Then approximately 2 weeks or so I had a guy show up at my house who was the adjuster. He said he was there to inspect the work. About 10 mins. he explained that the broken pipe under my home was not covered by my insurance, well great!!! I asked how much more was I going to have to pay? He stated probably 200.00 or so. I told him I barely make it on my ss as it is and I would need time. 2-3 weeks past and they sent me a bill of over 2300.00, WHAT? Then I called service master and told them I could not come up with that kind of money then they stated they would have to put a lien on my home, because they needed all the money within a total of 3 months!! Then they had the nerve to ask me for the 700.00 I had saved up!!! How can they do this to a 75 yr. old lady!!!
Reviewed Sept. 26, 2022
Company does not share same mold remediation protocol with independent contractors. Hired for mold remediation only to find out that once the carpets were removed there was more mold and we were falling through the floors. Corporate said they do not do mold testing and that I should have hired an industrial hygienist. Well, news to me because their franchisee never mentioned that! He said it was repaired and never even went inside. The mold remediator said mold does not eat through wood. Corporate closed the complaint and said he did his job. Yet I paid $12,500 for mold remediation and encapsulation of the subfloor only to be falling through it. The job should have never been done in the first place and I intend to take them to court. What has been done and what they said should have been done does not align with the franchisees protocols.
This company has taken complete advantage. I still now have to have the subfloor repaired and it was completely pointless to even get this work done. Yet Jake **, a licensed mold remediator, said everything was good. DO NOT USE SERVICEMASTERS RESTORE!! They do not back their promises, they have terrible business practices and they only want your money!
Reviewed June 30, 2022
The customer service girls at Service Masters are "Top Notch"! They are empathetic towards our situation and really went above and beyond to make the repairs happen sooner. Thank you Becky and Cali. We truly appreciate your excellent service!
Reviewed April 20, 2022
Critical: Professionalism, Punctuality, Quality, Value. Didn't show up for the first appointment so I couldn't be there when they did show for the rescheduled appointment. Was given a quote over the phone that the hourly rate would fall between 75 hr. to 125 hr. The person I had be there for me didn't know the rate I was quoted which I didn't think he needed to know. Crew shows up and the price had went to 333.33 an hr. Not even close, extremely dishonest. Can you say scammed??
Now for the bad part, the work was extremely shoddy, they just ran through spraying cleaner and smearing the dirt all around. I now have to get a real cleaning crew in to do the work. Bottom line is I was scammed big time. Oh ya and because I questioned the price I was called a son of a ** by the owner Bob. Definitely not the way to run a professional business. Service: Flooring.
ServiceMaster Restore author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team
ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.
Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.
Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal business. In addition to mold removal, ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more.
Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.
Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.
Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.
ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers
- What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
- We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
- What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
- ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.
With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
- How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
- We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
- What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
- One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
- How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
- One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
- What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
- ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
- Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
- Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
- How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
- ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.
ServiceMaster Restore Company Information
- Company Name:
- ServiceMaster Restore
- Year Founded:
- 3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
- Postal Code:
- United States
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.