toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our toilet leaked and flooded our bathroom, bedroom, and hallway. ServiceMaster Restore came out almost immediately and I was very pleased. I used to be in the carpet and cleaning business and I know the importance of getting things done ASAP. They put in the fans to dry out the carpets and the pads. They did good on getting everything dried out. We saved the carpet but they tore out the bad part of the pad and that had to be replaced. They were very conscious of what they were doing and had the little machine with them to check the dryness. It was great.

There were three different guys that I talked to from ServiceMaster and each one was quite knowledgeable, very friendly and did their jobs really well. We only live in Yuma five months out of the year and the rest of the time we're up here in the North. I'm very pleased with the ServiceMaster there in Yuma that I worked with. We will recommend them and if we have to have such service again, we'll call them.

Our hot water tank failed and flooded the basement and thank God it's 99.9% covered by insurance. I called my insurance company and they said, "You have a couple of choices of different companies." I chose ServiceMaster Restore because they're local here. Their coordinator was marvelous. I called on Sunday, 1:00pm and they were at the house before 3:00pm. Their guys did a wonderful job. They came in and they cleaned the basement. They were there a good portion of a week and they had to remove the bottom half of the walls.

My father is an 87 year old man and lives in the house and I coordinated everything for my father. I told them, I said, "He's here and if you need something, he can answer you." But they took care of everything. My dad would open the doors and they would just come in and take care of what they have to take care of. Even the billing and other stuff with the insurance were handled everything for me. They coordinated it as far as getting somebody to do the replacement on the hot water tank. It was very helpful. I couldn't ask for a better experience.

I would definitely use ServiceMaster Restore again. Things worked out fine and they were great. We had a flood in the basement because the washer broke. The insurance company had us contact ServiceMaster. Since they couldn’t make it that day, they made it right away in the morning the next day. Their reps were very good. They said it would take as long as it took to dry the basement so they weren’t going to rush anything. It took about a week. All the walls are dried so we're good to go. We’re having the carpet replaced.

I had water damage when a pipe burst on the second floor. It was an emergency so I called ServiceMaster Restore and the crew was here in 15 minutes to stabilize it. There was a lot of damage. They were really good and they stayed there for a good week. They were very special, coordinated, and very good at communicating with me. There were some damages when they brought stuff out of the house but that was unavoidable 'cause it was really windy and cold. Also, I have a quirky house so there's no way to avoid banging doors and walls.

We had water damage and went to the insurance company. It took a couple of weeks before ServiceMaster Restore got out here. But I think it was the insurance company's fault, not theirs. The technicians came in with the blowers and did what they had to do. Now the water damage's better than it was before.

We had some water line that was defective in our heat and air system. It flooded downstairs and got water on the floor. I had all the stuff that was in the way moved before ServiceMaster came and they didn't have to move anything. All they had to do was run a hose through the window, suck up the water, and get the moisture humidifiers in place and leave. It took them about an hour and a half. They came back again, and told us the water line that was defective, burst again and got water on the floor again. So they sucked it up with one person and it took him about two hours maybe at the most. So, we had about five hours worth of work on sucking up water. They were professional, easy to work with and everything was perfect.

They sent me a bill showing how much they charged for everything and it was almost $4,000 which was extremely high. The pricing was not very satisfactory to me and I cannot believe that they could justify charging those types of rates for no longer than they were there. I also requested an itemized list of how they broke down all their stuff and I didn't get anything. I got something from the insurance company but I didn't get any explanation on how much time they said they were logged on exactly where it was understandable to me so I'd know how they were claiming what they did.

The experience with ServiceMaster Restore was really good. We had a waterbed leak and when my husband was trying to drain it, he didn't get it hooked up quite right. So the water drained down through the vanity in the bathroom behind. We didn't realize it and I was figuring out where the source of the water was and pulling up carpets, hauling out the damaged water bed, trying to dry out the underneath tile floor in the bathroom and taking down a big section of the ceiling in the garage.

I called my insurance in a panic and it was a just a few minutes before the cut-off that day when ServiceMaster Restore had to guarantee to come out that night. They were working on a job in St. Cloud, which is an hour and a half away from here but they assigned a technician who lives in my area so when that technician was coming home, he was here by seven. He called in additional help and they were here until almost 1:00 in the morning. Part of that was because my husband who came home from the hospital the day before with his fifth heart stent installed was not supposed to be having any excitement and wasn't allowed to lift anything because of the incision. But he was not following any of the rules and the technicians stayed to be sure that there was no other trouble he could get into that night. It was wonderful and they understood the situation.

Also, we had a cold wind that night with and had exposed all of our copper piping, their people were kind enough and came back the second night after moving the fans and put up some temporary insulation to protect my pipes. They were very helpful. My satisfaction after the work done is very high. Jesse was the person in charge on this one and because he had to stop by every single day and check how things were drying, he would always call and say, "I hope to be here between two and four tomorrow." But he always called in advance to let me know if that was gonna change. He was very accommodating knowing that my husband needed to get sleep.

Also, he had to get an adjuster out for a few days but this happened over the weekend. However, he took the time and was kind enough to answer a lot of the questions that then the adjuster would later go over. So that let me get a jump on what was going on because one thing, my husband and I moved into one of the guest rooms but we both have back injuries and the mattress in there is not adequate and we were miserable on it. So, I had to start looking to see what I could do for a bed and Jesse gave us a bit of heads up on how this whole process was gonna work out.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

I had a flood in my basement and when I scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore, they were very friendly and timely. Also, the professionals who came were very self-explanatory and friendly and had good communication skills. They did a good quality and very thorough job. I'm very satisfied.

We had a small fire and there was smoke damage so we called ServiceMaster Restore. The reps that we have talked to were good. They were professional and answered our questions. The technicians who came were all good too.

When my hot water tank leaked and damaged our carpet, the scheduling was easy. The customer service rep was great. She said, "Okay, they'll be right out." They were out here immediately with the blowers and they dried it all out. They did everything that they said they were going to do and they follow up and check back. The worst part was the inconvenience but that wasn't their fault. They followed up with cleaning the carpet because they're moving quickly and tracking in outdoor mud. They were very kind and considerate. My experience was fantastic and everything was great.

ServiceMaster had a very good reputation in the Middle West where I came from. I called them for flood damage and they came promptly. They worked on Sundays, which was amazing. They were all very mannerly, always on time and told me what I wanted. They run a very tight ship and did a great job. The fans went on for a whole week and my electric bill was to die for, but the insurance company will take care of it.

My water tank busted and the basement flooded. ServiceMaster works with the insurance and they came over right away. On the day that everything happened, they were there. They set up and got the basement through the drying process over the next few days. They made sure everything was dry and that was done immediately. The techs were all courteous, polite, efficient, and professional. However, the basement’s still a mess and they haven't restored anything yet. Now we’re waiting for the adjuster. But so far, I'm extremely satisfied with ServiceMaster.

I had damage through the lower section of my house. It was completely destroyed by smoke, fire, and water. It was completely furnished in entertainment, home theater, a gym, utility room, washer/dryer, refrigerator, and the bar. My insurance company notified me that ServiceMaster will be contacting me and they would be coming through. And ServiceMaster came in a couple of hours right after the fire department came, before the night was even over. They were quickly on the spot and did an excellent job. They were doing everything, fixing up the door that was busted in by the fire department, and abating as much of the smoke as they can. It took them a while because it's three levels of a house, but they were very thorough. I cannot give them enough kudos for the job that they did.

They completely mitigated all of the smoke damage that came through the house. The house system I have was forced-air conditioning and heating system, so the smoke when the doors are opened up travel throughout the whole house. Their performance was just exceptional. They constantly reassured my wife that everything was gonna be good and taken care of. They explained things to us as they were performing the cleanup and the mitigation. Chuck and Brian were very professional and very reassuring under the conditions and circumstances. I couldn’t be any more satisfied. And I would have absolutely no problem referring them or letting anybody else know how much they made us feel we were in good hands with them.

We had dirty water from upstairs and downstairs. ServiceMaster was right on it and they took care of everything. The contractors were wonderful. They told us what they were going to do and explained if we had questions. They quarantined, dried and cleaned it all out. And then, when they’re moving heavy equipment around, they let us know and they give us the duration of time of how long it would take to dry and what to look out for if one of the fans shut off. Also, they were always available to us if we need to talk to them on the phone so I have nothing but good praises for these guys. It was perfect. Out of the full scenario, ServiceMaster came in, did their job, and we’ve been waiting a month for everyone else to pick up the pace.

ServiceMaster Restore came to fix a flood that we had. The insurance adjuster scheduled the service for us and they made sure we were around. The service techs sent were very thorough and they did a fabulous job. However, they had to use blowers to dry my basement so my hydro bill was a little higher than it should have been. Other than that, their service was excellent.

I called ServiceMaster Restore originally in January and told them that my basement was flooded and my insurance company was State Farm, and they said that they'd have somebody out within three hours. The ServiceMaster team came out to my house on January 17th and they were there for most of the day. They got there about 11:00 AM and were there until about 4:00 or 5:00 PM. There were three or four of them and they took care of all the water and dried out the carpeting and everything else. Then they left some fans there for three days, and one guy came back everyday to check and see how everything was drying. Just a week ago, they were there to remove some paneling that I'm having replaced that was damaged during the flood. After their service, I was very satisfied with them. I was happy with everything they did and if I need their help again I'll call them back.

ServiceMaster Restore dried everything out when we had some water damage and it worked out fine. They called and took the time, and we agreed on the schedule. They came in and did their job. We needed to get the caulking dried and the walls dried out and they provided the service that was needed.

We were out of town and we had a break in to the house. So ServiceMaster Restore came in within a couple of hours and cleaned up the glass and stayed there until their crew got there to put some wood over the window. We know the marketing rep and the person that did the job and it all went very smoothly. We are insurance brokers and we recommend ServiceMaster to our clients.

I called ServiceMaster to get someone to dry out and clean up a roof leak. The rep was super nice and very professional. I asked him to come out, and he said he'll be here that evening. So he came out, and explained everything in full detail. Then he got it all done and set up so that we could start drying everything out. They worked on it for about two weeks, and also took care of the mold. They were excellent and I definitely would recommend and use them again.

We had a water spill off a large fish tank that had sprung a leak and my insurance company scheduled for ServiceMaster to come out. They brought in some large fans and a couple of big humidifiers, which I'm sure did a lot to help dry out the house and the mess. They also approved the insurance company's direction to move the tank out of the house and into the grass which was a huge favor to us. It's a 400-gallon tank, so I couldn't have moved it myself and having them step in and take care of it for me helped out a lot. They dried out the place as best they could and at this point there is damage to the floor, but I'm working with the flooring contractor now to have the floor repaired and we've finished. ServiceMaster did a good job and they helped out tremendously. We were happy with the results that we got. If we ever had another tragedy, it's good that a company like that is there to step in and take care of business.

ServiceMaster Restore was called for an insurance claim that I have and they had to access the termite ceiling in my roof. When the young gentlemen came, they opened the ceiling in my home. They inspected above the ceiling three times over a period of two and a half weeks. They were courteous and explained to me what they had to do and spoke to me with respect and were respectful in making sure that I was going to be at home at a certain time and would that be convenient and it was a respectful mutual situation. They were on time and they called to be sure I was going to be home. Their service was excellent. They were well-mannered and professional, gracious, and honest. They took their little white uniforms on and they were hysterical. I had lots of laughter over those.

We made a phone call to ServiceMaster Restore and got a phone call back not too long after that, scheduling for the afternoon. They came the same day we had the flood and did a real good job. We were very satisfied and I would recommend them.

I recently called ServiceMaster for the hot water heater that leaked and flooded my basement. They were out here really fast and they were courteous. They told me exactly what the were doing all the time they were doing it. They had to come back and they told me when and that they would call before coming which they did. They did a really good job of cleaning it up and saving my walls and my carpet. They were great and I have no complaints about them at all. It was excellent overall and I'm very happy with them.

We had an upstairs plumbing issue that flooded downstairs into five different rooms and so we had ServiceMaster Restore out to do that for us. Scheduling the service was very easy. Our insurance company called me within 30 minutes and said that they would have a crew right here within two hours and they did and were here for four days in and out. They were very professional, on top of things and cleaned up after themselves. It's supposed to be a bad experience that we had the flood, but they did a great job and it was a wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend them.

Our waterline broke in my upstairs bathroom and flooded three floors. There was considerable amount of damage and there was a lot of work to be done. I knew from different people that ServiceMaster was a very reputable firm so they were the first contact I made. The water was rushing to the two floors and their business come up really quick. When I called them, they were here within 20 minutes doing their work. They have an excellent service. There were different crews come in at different times and do different jobs and every one of the workers were very professional. They knew what they were doing. They were very courteous, and they did a super job. They treated us with the utmost of care and I'd recommend them to anybody. I'm very satisfied.

We had a burst pipe and so we ended up calling ServiceMaster Restore. The technicians came that same day and gave me a quote. But, we had an issue with trying to get a hold of them to figure out when they would come back to do the repairs. It was a few days before anything was done, but they were able to fix it.

It was about a month ago when I flooded my kitchen with the dishwasher. The garbage disposal backed up. The water going down from the dishwasher backed up in on to the sink and onto the floors all over the kitchen. So it was unusable for a good week. I called the insurance company, and the insurance company said to call ServiceMaster. I did that. This happened Sunday morning and they were over here by Tuesday.

The technicians were very good, helpful, and nice. They came back and checked all the equipment every single day and I kept thinking they were gonna take it away. Then they showed up with a little small car on a Monday. They're down for a good week. I said, "you're not here to take the equipment out of here 'cause you don't have a big enough car." The technician said, "I'm taking these stuff out but I'm just going to stack it up. They're going to come by and pick it up." That'll work, so he can get the equipment out the main walkway because we're crawling over all the crap that they put on the floor, but I totally understood that. The floors came out beautiful and it was a good experience. I'm glad they did a great job.

We had a plumbing leak in the bathroom and everything was taken care of. ServiceMaster was very quick to respond, available when I have questions and did a good job. Everything seemed to go well and I'm happy.

My bed caught on fire because of a short circuit in a heating pad. I was able to put it out myself and ServiceMaster Restore cleaned it up, so my experience was good. Everything went smoothly. I work out of town and was home briefly when the technicians were finishing up cleaning. They were professional and they did a good job. Although it's been three weeks ago since they painted the bedroom and I haven't gotten a bill from Angler ServiceMaster yet. I am responsible to pay that part because the insurance adjuster set it up with them. But overall, I'm totally satisfied with their service.

We had a small kitchen fire. My claims adjuster came and looked at the problem and then he said that cleaning would be the first thing that we have to do. He recommended ServiceMaster Restore so we called their number that I found online. The experience was straightforward with them. They came and did what they needed to do, and were very professional. They cleaned the whole house because it was all black, especially the kitchen area. They were there for more than two weeks and did a good job.

When I was using my dishes and stuff, I was still able to see black soot which I wasn't happy about. Also, they didn't put my things back. For example, they did not push my refrigerator back all the way in so it's still outside. I tried to push it back in but I couldn't do it. Plus, the collapsible door came out of the railing when they cleaned my pantry. I am not able to close it properly anymore. Although I wasn't impressed with the quality of the job in some places, overall, it was a good experience. It was very easy and I didn't have to deal with a lot of stuff.

My insurance company called ServiceMaster Restore and sent them to my home because I had a major flood leak in my home caused by my water tank exploding. That was several weeks ago. The technicians were great and a very nice guy came in and explained everything that he was doing. He told me what every machine was supposed to be doing and that they were coming back. The machines ran for four days but I still had water. When they came back for the third time, I asked them to remove the four big, heavy machines running in my house. After the fourth day, I had to lower the electric consumption. I have five kids in my home and it's winter time. The electric consumption is very hard to keep down. The thing was every time the technician came, he kept testing and there was still water in the wall which I didn't like. If it wasn't drying up after four days then I needed to do something else.

I called back the insurance company and they said what they needed to do was bring a contracted company out to open the wall and to dry it out which was what we did. The technicians were very fine with the idea when I told them that and they didn't give me a hard time. The guy just asked if I was sure since there was still water in the wall. The people who came out were friendly and it was going out nicely. They had me sign stuff and one of them explained what I was signing. Everything was fine and I was very well satisfied with the service.

I found out I had water damage in my basement about four days after it probably had happened. I called ServiceMaster up and left a message 'cause it was on a weekend and they called me back in about 10 minutes. I told them what had happened and they came out in about an hour. With those guys, the scheduling was fantastic. It's a 110% job. Then the techs called before they came out. My wife was there and when it didn't work out for her, they set up a different time. I was highly impressed with what they did and I'm extremely satisfied with their service. They always kept us informed and they do exactly what they say.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis