Call toll free
4.61/5
Based on 370 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1065 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

We had a leak from a faucet to our washing machine so it damaged the floor. Our insurance had us call ServiceMaster and scheduling for a service with them was excellent. I called them and they were out within a few hours. They came in, assessed and started drying out stuff. The techs were very attentive, super timely, very personable, very professional and very thorough in explaining the process.

There was one issue where they were having to take off the baseboards and we had a room that was wall-papered. And in taking off the baseboards, there was some tearing of this old wallpaper. In talking to the flooring people, they said that if these guys would just run it exactly through a knife right above, then when they take off the baseboard, there's absolutely no danger of it tearing because they've already cut it. And not knowing anything about it ahead of time, I didn't say anything to the ServiceMaster people because that's not my expertise. But when the flooring people said that, I thought that would have been a wise thing to do. So I passed that on to ServiceMaster. If they would train their folks to do that, it's not time-consuming. It would be very easy to do. And if they take it seriously, that might help. Nevertheless, we worked around it and it was all okay. ServiceMaster did fine. They're a good and reputable company.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We are moving in the next few weeks and needed to show our house. We called ServiceMaster Restore to set up an appointment. Their guy, named Christian, was a little bit late but he texted and when we inquired about it, he was on his way. It was helpful just to know and we were totally flexible with the schedule. He was ten minutes late and he was there 20 minutes after I called, so it worked out.

Christian was absolutely amazing. We chatted a little bit. He knew exactly what he was doing and he enjoys his job. I used to work for ServiceMaster myself and some of the tools that he used had been updated since I worked there. He told me that at the beginning, just when he was learning things, it was a little difficult. He didn’t know what he was doing. He did all the carpets, top to bottom. We have kids and kids are messy and a lot of energy. We were out for a while and when we came back in the house, it smelled like a new house again after the ServiceMaster restoration. Our house was fairly gutted. All the little stuff are out, so now it’s just the big furniture in there. If I need to use ServiceMaster again, I will ask for Christian.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Our house had gotten flooded with 2 inches of water. Setting up a schedule with ServiceMaster Restore was quick. I didn't know what to do but the rep took me step by step and someone came out within a couple of hours after I called. They started working and told me I needed to call the insurance company and get things going. They moved all our furniture and helped contact the insurance company. And every time they said they were gonna be here, they were here. Plus, they were very prompt.

Although the first guy who came definitely knew what he was doing and was more knowledgeable than the second guy, the second guy was very helpful too. You could tell that the first guy has been with the company a lot longer. ServiceMaster needs to update their website though. They need to have better advertisement and let people know that they come to Mohave even though they’re out in Vegas. But I had a good experience with them and I would definitely recommend ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I told my insurance claims person some discrepancies I had and he contacted ServiceMaster Restore. They arranged to call me and make the time when they could come out. Then, they came out, looked at what my claims were and tried to see how they could address it, which was mainly money off my bill or something else. But I thought that money off wasn’t gonna fix the problem. About a week and a half ago, they sent a group of people here to look at some areas in my house that got damaged from the restoration process. They were to get back to me but I haven’t heard from them and my house isn’t fixed yet. All in all, there were some things that happened during my process with ServiceMaster Restore that I didn’t understand.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We had ServiceMaster Restore out to a camp we have had to clean. Scheduling was fine and the restore professionals who came were nice. However, I was satisfied until we moved some of the furniture around the condo that they hadn’t done under some of the chairs. We moved one particular piece of furniture. Nevertheless, overall, they did a pretty good job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: June 12, 2018

When I had a flood in my basement, my insurance agent recommended ServiceMaster and one other group. I called the other group ‘cause that was the first telephone number, but they seemed very confused and had a hard time trying to schedule the service. I called ServiceMaster and the scheduling part had worked really well. Four different guys came out during the process and all of them were great. They called and told me when they’d be there. They arrived on time. They did the job very quickly and efficiently and left. After they got through, the basement was dry. I’d recommend ServiceMaster. They are very professional and I am pretty satisfied with their service.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 11, 2018

There was a water leak and when I called ServiceMaster, they answered right away. I called them on a Friday and they came out on a Monday, and I’ve been pleased with everybody I’ve met so far. They were polite, professional and they explained what was going on. They dried out the floors and the wall. Now we’re in the process of putting everything back together and this part is becoming frustrating for me. It has now been two months and a half since our house was torn up and we’re waiting but there are stuff that still need to be removed before we can move forward.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 10, 2018

When we had a leak in our roof and a leak in our dining room and our bathroom, we had ServiceMaster Restore come and they were polite. They asked if 9:30 would be okay and I said sure since we’re early risers anyway. Then on the day they were coming, the rep asked if it was all right if they came even earlier and I said yes. I let them in the house but I had something to do so I asked if they would mind if I leave and the head technician said no. I told him to just lock the door when they were done. The ServiceMaster guys took the sheetrock down from both areas and cleaned up after themselves. My husband and I had taken everything out of the bathroom, and the technicians put the washer and dryer back in when they were done.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 9, 2018

My basement flooded and my concern was that there was a lot of electrical stuff plugged. My daughter called Mt. Pleasant-Perry to pump the water out and they came and did that. However, that water came up through the sewer so it was just an icky mess. Mt. Pleasant-Perry then called ServiceMaster Restore for me. Two guys then came out the very next morning, checked things out, and started cleaning up and sanitizing right away. The supervisor who came out was very sympathetic and very good. He explained to me what they were gonna do. Also, I had different questions and he answered them all. He also told me to call them if I had any other questions.

It took them four hours to do the whole thing. After they were done, they put the fans up. They did a fantastic job. Everybody was very personable and friendly. I hadn’t called the insurance yet but they told me to not worry and to give them a call as soon as I did that. They also came back, checked again and made sure that everything was okay. Now my basement looks cleaner than it was before. It’s just a great relief to have a reputable and reliable company to come out and take care of all that.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I really enjoyed my experience with ServiceMaster. It was wonderful. Scheduling the service was easy and they fit me in exactly when I needed them to. Dealing with their rep over the phone was also great. They took care of me quickly and they had good communication. ServiceMaster helped reinstall some carpet for us and they also painted and helped get some cabinets ready to install. And they did a great job. I was very satisfied with their service. I’ve worked with these professionals a couple of times and they have done great. I’ve always enjoyed them. I’d use them without hesitation and I highly recommend other people to use them too.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We were dealing with our mortgage company for not paying the bill, so ServiceMaster has been very helpful with trying to do as much as they can on their end to try to get them to pay as much as they can. Our fire happened on a Saturday and their reps were there first thing at 8 o’clock Monday morning. On top of that, we have a neighbor who works for ServiceMaster just two houses down that we had never met. He ran over and was a good neighbor and boarded up our house for us. Also, he’s been watering the lawn for us since we’re not at home. So, it shows good service and we’re very, very thankful.

Their reps were great. They came, assessed and decided what they can save and what was a total loss. They were very helpful with that kind of stuff. But they had different companies come in and take over. They didn’t do a lot of the non-perishable stuff, they had somebody else come. Our insurance a had different company that came in and ServiceMaster knew something was wrong with this company doing things because we’re basically doing his job.

We’ve never been through a fire loss so we don’t know what we’re doing, but this guy took advantage of that. So I’m thankful that ServiceMaster came in and said, “Nope. This is not the way that it’s supposed to happen. This guy is not doing his job right,” and was able to contact the person who was in charge of the company and they got that all taken care of. I was glad ServiceMaster was there to help. We had a great experience with them and I’m very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 7, 2018

The upstairs neighbor’s commode overflowed and it ruined my ceiling and the walls of the bathroom. Being a retiree, I was very flexible so scheduling the service with ServiceMaster Restore came out very good. And the people who came to my home were very friendly. The work that was done was satisfactory. I’d tell others to use ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 6, 2018

I wanted things cleaned up but I can’t do the work myself anymore. I contacted ServiceMaster and my experience with the rep was excellent. And the tech who came put his heart and soul into his work. I highly recommend ServiceMaster for anything.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 5, 2018

I had a 40-gallon water heater that went out. We sucked at once and set the water off the tap, but somehow the faucet, which is like a gear shift thing, backlashed, and it happened again. The insurance company called ServiceMaster Restore out. The tech who came out told us everything that was going on and our interaction with him was great and professional. The service he performed was good and the situation is better now. ServiceMaster Restore was excellent.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 4, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore did a really good job and my experience with them was excellent. We had a sewage problem in the basement and my insurance company gave my project to another company. We waited for that company for a couple days and they never called or showed up. So, I called the insurance company back. They gave me the number for ServiceMaster and then they contacted ServiceMaster. It was on a Sunday and ServiceMaster answered the phone and they were there the next afternoon. I took off work to meet them and they said they’d be there at 3:00. Then they called in the day and said they had wrapped up earlier on their other jobs and asked if they could be there as soon as I could be at the house. So, they were there a couple of hours before they were scheduled to be there. I just called them and they were waiting for me when I got home.

ServiceMaster Restore had plenty of people there on site especially that first day. On that day, I talked to a couple of different guys. One guy took all my information and then there was another guy who was in charge of that crew. He asked me about personal items and how I wanted stuff done. And then on the second day, there was a foreman or a supervisor who was with them.

A sewage line got clogged up and it backed up through the toilet into the basement, which most of it is finished off and some of it isn’t. So, there was sewage on the concrete in the finished bathroom and then the plumber came to clean the pipe out. Between the plumber and I, we did a lot of trips across the carpet and had to go through that stuff, so the carpet needed to be replaced and some of the carpet was a little bit wet from the sewage anyway. ServiceMaster Restore cleaned everything up, got rid of all of the personal items that were damaged, gave us pictures and logged everything and gave them to us and to the insurance company. They took out all of the carpet that was damaged and removed two doors and two frames that the sewage was up on to the wood there. Then they set up fans and put an air purifier down there. That was there for three days and they came back every day and checked it.

The guys seemed very trustworthy. I wasn’t there when they came and we just gave them the key and they let themselves in. They checked the area each day for air quality and to make sure things were getting dried out. And they came back and took their equipment when it was all done. It was as good as an experience you can have in that situation. From start to finish, the people from ServiceMaster Restore were very professional. We would definitely recommend them to anyone else that needed clean-up work of any kind.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 3, 2018

The toilet in our master’s bedroom was leaking and it ran down water into our family room underneath. I called ServiceMaster and they were out here by 11 that morning. They fixed it right away and they did a good job.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I had a water pipe connection to my downstairs bathroom spool break and water had been squirting everywhere for 20 minutes. And I didn’t realize it was going on until I was leaving and heard the sound, and water was a couple inches on the floor. We called the plumber right away and got that taken care of. And then I called ServiceMaster and they came and vacuumed up all the water. They left six fans blowing on it. It had gone under the wall into my carpet in the family room on one side, and then under a wall into the laundry room, and then into the garage under another wall. And they got that all taken care of so it was good. Two different guys came and I had very good interactions with them. The whole process took three days, and overall, my experience was very good.

Original review: June 2, 2018

We had a hose behind the washing machine burst and then the water ran all over the place. It wasn't for a long period of time, but it was enough to make a mess, which was covered by our insurance. Nationwide recommended ServiceMaster, and we called them. They were very courteous and concerned about the problem and said they would get right on it. They did not waste any time and within a couple of hours, they started working on taking care of the problem. The techs came out and they were very nice. They sucked the water up first, set up all their machines to dry the house out and ran the fans for several days. Each time they come in and check the vapor with some apparatus to measure how things were going until they were sure that all the water and all the dampness were out. I had a lock box on the front door where they could get in and out at their leisure. ServiceMaster serviced me well and I would recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: June 1, 2018

I wanted my boat carpet cleaned so I contacted ServiceMaster Restore. Kristen, the rep I spoke with, was great and Randy, the guy who came out, was very professional. I used to work for ServiceMaster so I knew them and I've got a different relationship with them than a normal client would.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We had a roof leak so there was some water damage. The insurance company worked it up with ServiceMaster Restore and scheduling the service was very easy. They were out there in a day or two. The guy who did the service was very good and he gave a lot of personal hands-on experience. Also, he was there on time, very clean and organized. Everything went very smooth.

Original review: May 31, 2018

My washer overflowed and flooded my basement. I had to get ServiceMaster to come out and dry it up and then to get me a quote on replacing the floors and stuff that got damaged. They were fantastic when I scheduled my service. Jared, the rep that helped me, was in the military with me so I knew him and our dealing was smooth all the way through. He and Ken came and showed up right on time. They were very professional. They explained everything to me and my fiancée about what they were gonna do, and got all the insurance information and took care of everything. I gave their number to one of my best friends who bought a house a couple of roads down so he could call ServiceMaster and get his basement and stuff looked at. He had the same problem, except his basement was flooded by groundwater.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 30, 2018

Our refrigerator overflowed and we had water damage. Scheduling with ServiceMaster was as easy as can be. They came when they told me they'd be there. They were a great group of young kids who were very professional and did a really good job. They took at least a full day to get all the stuff out of the house, and then they had to come back and put all the fans. They didn't screw around and I was very impressed.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 29, 2018

Our washing machine and the drain in the floor in the hallway closet overflowed. So water got backed up into our hallway and got on the carpet. We tried to fix it on our own but then I realized that there was a lot more damage to the carpet than I had thought initially. I then contacted my insurance company at 5 PM on a Friday. ServiceMaster called later that night and asked me if I wanted them to come at 9:00. But I told them it was okay and that they could just come in the morning since we didn't have standing water. We had already gotten some of that cleaned up.

They came on Saturday morning like they had said and everything was very prompt so they handled it really well. They pulled up the rest of the wet carpeting as well as some vinyl tiles in our laundry room. So they pulled off everything that was wet or damaged. They also put the humidifiers and fans over the weekend and made sure everything dried out. They did a great job. They got everything, even more than I had expected, and we were happy with everything that they did. I would use them again for any other issues. If you have any issues with water damage, you should contact ServiceMaster Restore. They're always super fast. They're on top of it and are very thorough.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 28, 2018

We had heavy rain and the basement took some water. I called four companies and one company I’ve used in the past never even returned the call. The other two did call back but it was days after ServiceMaster had already been in and started cleaning up. There were at least two different crews cleaning and they were all very professional. The first crew pulled the carpet up, didn’t have all the equipment but put some of the equipment in and got started. Then the second crew came back because he was installing the additional equipment. There was a third gentleman that came and did some moisture reading. And on the fourth trip, everything was dry and put the equipment up. Everyone of those guys was very polite, knew what they were doing, and conscientious about making sure that everything was satisfied for each car.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 27, 2018

I had a sump pump give out and had water in the basement. My insurance scheduled ServiceMaster Restore and everything went well. ServiceMaster sent somebody out and he did an initial look, and then they sent somebody else to do the work. They had four guys out and they were done in an afternoon. It was really nice and I was very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 26, 2018

We had had a small fire in the house and my homeowners’ insurance company called ServiceMaster Restore and had them come out to do post-fire clean up. They came within a couple of days and were here for a half or 2/3 of a day. They cleaned things up and got the damage and smell out of the house. They were very pleasant, helpful, and told me what they were doing. They all did a great job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 25, 2018

He had an external fire on the outside of his house and had a lot of smoke damage on the inside. USAA called and scheduled ServiceMaster to do the work. The reps were very friendly and very efficient, and they worked with us every step of the way. We're still not quite finished yet, but when he is ready for the stuff to be moved back in, we will be wrapped up with them. The technicians themselves were quiet, but there was always a team leader who was always very communicative and clear on what the deal was and what the expectations were. Jerry was his name and he helped us out quite a bit. I hold ServiceMaster Restore in high regard.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 24, 2018

I called ServiceMaster Restore on April 21st because we had a water leak in our basement. It was easy scheduling the service. I was a repeat customer of the company. They answered the phone and had someone who was in the area come right out to see the scope of the problem within an hour. I showed the person where the problem was. They brought back their full crew first thing the next morning, took out all the damaged stuff, set up their heaters and driers and let them run for a few days. They came back and got their equipment the following Thursday. They were great. I'm 100% satisfied and I'd use them again in a heartbeat. I'd recommend them to anyone too.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 21, 2018

A water pipe burst and our insurance company, Nationwide, got the clean-up company, ServiceMaster Restore, straight out here. They had to come first and get everything manageable for the carpenters. The clean-up people got the mess cleaned up quickly which was sufficient and did a good job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 20, 2018

Our experience with ServiceMaster Restore has been very good. We had a broken water pipe. We called them and within an hour, I had seven men in my living room, they brought in all the fans and took care of it. Their techs knew what they had to do and went to work. They were very polite and very good at what they were doing. They were in for six days and every day somebody came and checked to see if they were dry or not. With that part of the service, it was excellent. Now I'm waiting for the rest of their services. So far, the house is a mess. They have to replace the wall, the insulation, repaint everything and do a new carpet. I'm going to talk to them on Wednesday this week and we'll discuss that.

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large and commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal company. ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more, in addition to mold removal.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis