ServiceMaster Restore

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

ServiceMaster Restore was excellent. When our heater flooded our upstairs, they came right away and immediately began to dry out our home. They explained everything, gave us contact information, came back when they said they would, and were very helpful. The guy was in Reading which is an hour away from us and it took three hours from scheduling to the techs getting to our house. They were wonderful and respectful of our home. We had to have our flooring ripped up but they dried everything out and saved as much as they could. ServiceMaster Restore provided great service which was what they advertised. I was completely satisfied.

We were in shock when we discovered the damage so there was an emotional problem right there. The damage began in the unit above mine. ServiceMaster was called out to attend to that unit and they knew there was water problem in my unit. They came out and were professional, courteous and informative. They knew what they were doing and they got going very quickly and it was a relief. They did the job as fast as they could and that was a key factor. They left their card in the door before I could get there. Once we got over that emotional shock, ServiceMaster really performed great. It could have been a lot worse but they were prompt, proactive, and were fantastic.

When ServiceMaster came out, they checked to see where the water was at and set up several blowers. There were four upstairs and five downstairs, and three in the basement and humidifiers on each floor. They were very thorough and got the job done. They came by every day and checked on things. The guys were really fantastic. They're very friendly and tolerant of my big Rottweiler who can be a little obnoxious when trying to get them to play with him. They were just really easy to work with. I was very happy with them.

Our basement flooded and ServiceMaster came and cleaned it all up. We got a dumpster and a pod and they put everything in there so I thought they were pretty good. It was very relieving to have them around and taking care of all our problems. I was satisfied with them and they made me feel at ease so all I had to worry about was the insurance company.

We had a flood here in town and I ended up with 18 inches of water in my basement. As soon as everything receded, I called ServiceMaster and within the same day they were here. They looked it over, gave me an estimate and put in the drying fan because I'm highly allergic to mold and mildew and that type of flood is gonna produce that. So, they were very helpful in getting that dried out immediately.

I knew that there were many houses here in town that ServiceMaster was working on, but they got me in four days, which was amazing. While my basement was drying out, they cleaned it all up and put things back in. They left their dehumidifiers and dryers here to make sure that all of the water was dried up. Then they came back within a day and collected that stuff and everything's been fine. Whenever I talked to them they were professional, polite and caring. When you live in a small town, you feel like you're just a number but they were understanding of what was going on and considerate of my schedule as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

We had a great experience with ServiceMaster Restore. They cleaned the traffic lanes and got some spots out. I didn’t think I’d get the service as quickly as I did. I wanted it before Christmas, but I had no idea they’d come out that quick, which was great. The people were very informative, friendly and accommodating. They were wonderful.

Everything was okay with ServiceMaster Restore and I didn't have any complaints with them. The technicians who came were friendly and nice, and did a good job. They searched for water leak and molds in my kitchen.

ServiceMaster Restore did a mitigation service, removing the damaged areas of our house and they did a great job. Scheduling the service with them also came out fine. Everybody did a great job. They all seemed to be professional and helpful, so I didn't have any problems.

The people from ServiceMaster were really great and easy to work with. They came in, did their job, explained things to me as they went and let me know what they were going to do the next day. The asbestos guy was awesome to work with. He was really nice to us. My daughter stepped on a nail, and he helped her because I was out in the front yard. In fact, he also pulled out extra screws and stuff that the abatement team left behind. We didn’t even know there were screws in there and we had just gotten home. He went above and beyond.

We had water damage, and ServiceMaster did the dry out and reconstruction process. My insurance company made the contact and asked if I was okay with ServiceMaster. Then ServiceMaster called me back and they were set up for the service. There were no issues with anybody that came with the subcontractors that they had. On the first day, they brought some boxes for me to help pack things up. Then I was told when the packers came on Thursday, they had brought some boxes and stuff that they could use on Friday when the packers were going to come and help me put everything in the pod on the property so they can do all the dry out and reconstruction.

I was told they were to have all the boxes, bubble wrap, and everything I would need in order to pack up my belongings. When they got there, nobody had anything so that was a little disappointing and then when we put things into the storage pod such as my mattresses , there was nothing to wrap them in or anything like that. Other than that, I have no problem recommending ServiceMaster out to anybody.

We had a wonderful experience with ServiceMaster. We experienced some flooding in our basement and they were able to help with the drying out process. Scheduling the service was excellent. Their response was very prompt, and they were there when we needed them.

I own a dance studio and my hot water tank went bad, so my hall was all wet. ServiceMaster came and provided the remediation services. Scheduling the service was fine. They reached out to me. They got my information and they called me. However, I’m not really pleased because my carpet was stained when they did the service. I kept thinking that my carpet needed to be replaced, but they came and cleaned it. It still has a stain, but I have to let it go. It is what it is.

I had a plumbing leak and ServiceMaster Restore remediated the whole crawlspace underneath the house. The technicians came right away and were very friendly and experienced. They explained things very well and they said they've never seen a cleaner crawlspace. They cleaned it up and put it together. ServiceMaster did an excellent work.

Scheduling with ServiceMaster was easy. A pipe disconnected in our basement and we had water damage, and the arrived on the time they said they would be here. The service was given quickly after we had called them, so once they arrived, they set up the fans and were very clear and transparent in their process. They let us know the scope of the work as they assessed the damages and revised the estimate, and they kept us in the loop on that. Overall they were very helpful and we had a great experience.

ServiceMaster Restore helped me in drying the flooring and my wall when my hot water heater broke and water seeped into the house. The technician was helpful. Scheduling the service with them was very good too. They were out the same day within a couple of hours and they came every day to check and see how everything was doing. They either had a dryer or would do something else and that lasted for four days but it was good.

We had a water line breakage in the basement, so it flooded part of the basement. I got the carpet completely dry and the young man from ServiceMaster Restore found one little spot inside, one wall that had moisture in it. He was very informative and professional for his age. He explained things very thorough and knew what he's talking about. I wouldn't hesitate using ServiceMaster again if I needed them or recommending them. I was very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore was courteous and did a really good job. They nicked the top of my vanity with their big heater and didn't take the baseboards off real good when they tried to pry them away from the wall and marked them up a bit so they're going to be replaced. But otherwise, it was a wonderful experience.

We had a hot water heater malfunction and it spewed a lot of hot water into the crawl space of my house. The ServiceMaster Restore rep who came over was very helpful with the insurance adjuster. He made everything really smooth. They surveyed the damage and the technicians tore out all of the insulation under our crawl space. They did some linoleum and stuff in the laundry room and they also sprayed for mold in the laundry room. ServiceMaster took care of everything.

I had a leak from the roof into the bedroom and had the repair scheduled over the Thanksgiving period over into Christmas period. That has made it a little difficult to get people out, including weather issues. We live up a little hill and it's still a little slick from the snow, so the repair has been a little slower than I would have hoped. But the ServiceMaster reps have been very helpful and have been doing all they can do. They have done works in the wall and the carpet. They dried everything out, reinstalled the wall and the insulation, and then repainted it. We're not finished yet, but they've done great work.

I had a damage to my basement due to sewer water so my insurance company got in touch with ServiceMaster. Their reps were helpful and they took care of everything for me. The technicians came out of a long drive. We had a bad weather at the same time, but they would call and say they would be late but they arrived within half an hour the time they said they would show up. They'll be coming back to do some cleaning after the reconstruction being done in my house. I'm satisfied with ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster was great. We had a leaky angle stop in one of our bathrooms and it flooded one bedroom and went down to the floor below. Their technicians came right out on a Sunday. They get the job done and did it great although its strange that very time somebody came out, it was a different person. But I have no complaints.

We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, and the drain overflowed. All the water going up on the drain went down our driveway, into our garage, and soaked through our drywall and our door. It flooded our office, our main hallway, the camera room, and our laundry room. So, we called our insurance company, and they contacted ServiceMaster. Originally, they said they weren't going to get here until 1:00 and their tech ended up showing around 11:00, which was awesome. He was a very nice guy. He's very empathetic and he made us feel like the situation is not as bad. It's great customer service. Also, he worked with us, and because it was a self-pay and he knew that he covers this particular incident, he was quick and efficient. Overall, it was a really good experience.

Our basement was flooded so there was water damage. Our insurance company recommended ServiceMaster and I'm happy they did since we're happy with their service and everything worked out fine. They were prompt and the people who showed up were very courteous, nice, professional, tried to answer all the questions and took care of cleaning up.

The first time we used ServiceMaster for a water damage, we went through with our insurance. When it happened again, we felt we were comfortable with ServiceMaster so we called them back out. They're super fast, polite and showed up when they were supposed to. It was a great experience overall. I'd recommend them especially the technicians that came out. They were awesome.

We had a sewer overflow on our basement that was bad. I called ServiceMaster Restore when I thought it was just this little leak and it turned out to be a major disaster. They said they couldn't be here until late in the afternoon or early evening and they actually came earlier than that. They were wonderful and everything they did was fabulous. I was distraught and the woman that I spoke to kept telling me to calm down, take a cup of coffee and that everything will be okay. We lost an incredible amount of stuff and couldn't even tell what it was because when they came and bagged them, no one wanted to go through the bag. Then we discovered the next day that our washing machine was filled up with sewage and they came back out and took care of that.

Everyone was very professional and the guys who cleaned up deserve much more money than they probably got because the mess was disgusting. And the supervisors were great. They kept calling and making sure that everything was okay. They also came out on weekends to check and see how things were doing. So we were really pleased with them particularly with the workers who were unbelievably conscientious.

A pipe broke and flooded the house so we had water damage and ServiceMaster came out a couple of days later. There’s always someone at the house so they showed up when I called them. They were very professional and awesome. It was a blessing that in removing everything, they found that there was structural damage so they told us which areas were safe and which areas weren't. The only problem I have is that they removed the cabinets that were covered with mold and left them on my porch. They may have thought that we wanted it but my husband is on oxygen and my daughter’s pregnant so we don’t want any mold in the house. The cabinets have to go and they should have taken them but were still out there. I would be very happy if they could come, get, and dispose of it. Still, the experience went well and I had no problem with the guys. I would recommend them again.

I had sewer water come into my family room and get into my carpeting. My insurance company scheduled the service and ServiceMaster came out the same day that I called. They were very concerned and did what they had to do. They had to leave stuff here for a couple of days to dry out parts of the wall. But they explained everything to us and walked us through what we had to do from that point on with the insurance company. So I was very satisfied.

We had broken a pipe in the bathroom and had water damage. We were able to get the water up ourselves before ServiceMaster Restore got here, but they did all of the mediation and so it was a very good experience. They were very caring, kind and considerate about how things were developing for us, how we were dealing with what was going on and things that we could do to make it easier and they were more than willing to work with us.

There was water damage on the shower so we called ServiceMaster. The rep was professional. It was a prompt service. They were on it right away and were great. It's been an excellent experience.

There was a fire damage in our house on about 18th of March 2016 and since then restoration has been ongoing and not done yet. It has taken way too long. One reason was about their orders on the garage door that's still pending. It’s not a very great situation where it takes almost nine months already gone and my claim is still pending. Other than that, my experience with ServiceMaster has been really good and their rep has been professional.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

ServiceMaster Restore
1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis