ServiceMaster Restore

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I contacted the insurance on a weekend and they said that it’d be a couple of days before they could send somebody out. ServiceMaster called me back right after I hung up with them and they sent somebody early in the morning the next day. And he was there doing the job by himself. He set up fans and then he told me he would be back the next day. And I said, "On a Sunday?" He goes, "Yes, sir." And I was like, "Wow! You guys work on Sundays?" And then he said, "We do want to to make sure that you're getting the best service." I said, "Yeah, man. Just call me." I told him anytime is good when he asked. He said he will be here as soon as he is out of the church at 12 noon. And he was at my house at 12:30.

I called the insurance back and told them I gave a good review on that guy that was out there because he went out here by himself on a weekend, cut sheetrock out, cleaned up the flooring, lifted all the stuff, put the fans and the humidifiers out, went up on the roof, put the tarp down and moved the damaged stuff. He did it all by himself. That kid was awesome. He was young and that was the surprising thing. I felt bad because he was coming back Monday at 10 am. He showed up but my wife took my keys to the house. And I was on the other house across the street. So, he couldn't get in and I couldn't get him in. I said sorry and he said he’ll be back later. I told him my wife gets here at 12:00 and that's the latest she'll get here. He said, "No problem."

At exactly 12, he was back and I was like, "You're awesome, dude." And he told me this company strives on that. ServiceMaster Restore is the best. I'll recommend them to anybody especially the branch he's out of. He explained what he had to do before he did it. They did all the paperwork to the insurance. I didn't have to do any of that hassle. Like they say nowadays-- he was on point. What he said was going to go down, it went down the way he said it was going to go, the timing, everything, exactly like he said it. I can only say good things about this guy.

The insurance company scheduled a service with ServiceMaster when I had a water leak in my kitchen and bathroom. The service techs called ahead to let me know when they were going to arrive. And then the initial people came and the manager followed. The personnel was fabulous. They were very helpful and they got down to business. It was a different trainee that came almost every time which was awesome because it was a constant learning. They knew their job and they always let us know what was going on. The issue with the leak is stopped and it has been a successful experience with ServiceMaster.

We were trying to get cigarette smoke smell out of the house so I used a couple of ServiceMaster Restore's machines. They worked very well in our multi-level home and I will use them again if needed. After the treatment, people who come into the apartment said they couldn't smell anything anymore. The guy who came over and gave me the estimate was fantastic and helpful. He knew exactly what I was looking to do when he walked into the house and picked up on what I was trying to accomplish. The guys that brought the machines over were great and thorough. They put them where I wanted them to be placed. They also explained to me that because of the way the machines work, I can't be in contact with the air for any amount of time because it'll knock me out. However, I wish they weren't so expensive. $1,300 is a little pricey for those machines.

Part of the ceiling in my bathroom had fallen through and the insurance provider called ServiceMaster Restore. They came out in a timely manner and provided excellent service. They were personable and wonderful people that came to my house and I would recommend them. I really appreciated the customer service I received too.

We’re very satisfied with ServiceMaster Restore but weren't satisfied that our insurance company wouldn't pay for it. It was done through our insurance agent initially until they determined that it wasn't going to be their problem. They set things up and as far as the work that ServiceMaster Restore did, everything was excellent. Scheduling the service was a quick turnaround and no problem at all. Christian and Tony were excellent technicians. They came late in the evening and you can tell that they were tired but they took very good care of us. They let us know what was going on every step of the way and we trusted them enough that we just went with what they said. They followed up and were very good, neat and professional. They made it easier and helped guide us through and we appreciate it. It was a very pleasant experience.

I came home after being gone all day and there was water all over the first level. My refrigerator leaked and it had seeped into the floor and the ceiling of the basement was damaged as well. I called my insurance company and they sent a restoration company who happened to be ServiceMaster. It was the Memorial Day weekend and it was at night. They called ahead of time and were on their way within an hour and a half after the call. They set up fans and did everything, and the technicians were super nice and friendly. They moved the fans when they needed to be moved, did their test and they were in and out.

They also came on time when they said they were coming the next day. They were back and forth and they came to my house for four days. They were very great to work with, awesome and super helpful. I couldn't even suggest anything that they could have done better. Also, there were tons of water damage but they said they had seen way worst. It was obviously better whenever they left. Then, they sent the invoice right away and everything was done super easily even when I'm signing papers. It was all electronic and it was very convenient to have in such a terrible situation. I would use them again if there was a time I could choose to call someone.

My patio cover collapsed under the weight of the snow and my insurance provider hooked me up with ServiceMaster Restore and they backed off and left me with ServiceMaster. The contractors were here within hours but they weren’t quite up to what they should have been though. The actual finish isn’t as good as the original that we had before. We had really good quality railings on the deck, for instance. They were measured and all welded then painted to size and then assembled. This way, they have the right length and then there are little connecting sleeves that are bolted in. But ServiceMaster didn’t ask us the type of railing we wanted, they just turned up with a railing. It was the same for the roof guys.

They sent a contractor over who measured up and left. What we had before was a double-top railing so there was a big, heavy top railing, a gap, then the lower railing and the vertical bars attached to that because I like to put my hanging plants all around there and that was designed for that. But now, I have the one top rail with the vertical bars going from top to bottom. It's different but we're used to it.

The old roof, we had opaque glass where the light would come through, but it’s diffused. You could sit out on the deck where you can feel the sun and be in the shade. Right now, we have completely clear panels, like windshield clear panels. When I go up and the sun comes over, it beats through those things and you have to keep shuffling around or you can sit out on the deck in the heat of the afternoon. There’s no shade with all these great, big glass panels. We'll get used to it though. But when it rains or during the cool weather, it’s great and w can sit out there. Overall, it took a long time to get everybody together to complete the job, but I’m more than happy with ServiceMaster.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

I had a water damage in my ceiling and my insurance reached out to ServiceMaster Restore and they had to come here and clean it up. They were very friendly, got the work done and I had no issues. Now, I’m waiting for them to come back to actually repair it. This time, I had to contact them. I've had a hole in my ceiling for a month now and one of our rooms is closed down.

But when they heard back from the insurance company how much they were willing to pay, they kind of backed out and felt like it was not worth for them to do. That was what they basically told me on the phone. It’s like, “We have a lot on our plate. It’s going to be about a month and a half until we get to your house.” I’ve been talking to one of the managers there and was told, “If you’re not happy or you want to do it quicker, then go with another company.” I told him that if I do, then my insurance said that they may not cover any part of it. It has to go through ServiceMaster. But they said that it wasn’t that much that I needed to be done, it was about $2,000 and that they usually do larger jobs.

I asked them to come back and redo the estimate and my insurance might cover more because my insurance said that they’re not opposed to paying more. They just needed an estimate from ServiceMaster. So they came and they did an estimate and said that if they can get more, they'll see if they can schedule me. ServiceMaster said that supposedly we should be starting this week. But I sent emails and I haven’t received any feedback yet or to see how much it would cost so that I can adjust my insurance. When they came the first time to clean the ceiling up, everything was great. But now, I’m just having to deal with them because my insurance chose them, but I will not choose them again.

My recent experience with ServiceMaster Restore was satisfactory. The guys from ServiceMaster were professional, cordial, and concerned about doing things carefully, and there was no problem, pressure or tension. ServiceMaster was prompt, and they came in, did the job, and presumably, the insurance company saw it as satisfactory. They were here within half an hour of our contacting the insurance company. There was an insurance claim agent here at about the same time and when the insurance agent left, ServiceMaster started the work on the same day and had it done within three days. ServiceMaster did the mitigation work but they restored nothing. We had to get a contractor to come in and give us an estimate, and they'll do the restoration work. I hope I never have to use ServiceMaster again, but if I had that kind of experience I would call them because of the kind of work they did and their promptness.

We had water damage and ServiceMaster was helping us with it and everything went really well. It was quite a smooth transition. They came in and opened our walls, floors, and ceilings to find the water damage and to see if there was any mold that might harm people. They worked really hard throughout the project and they were very professional and every day, they cleaned up after work. They're good employees and they did a great job. We were very happy and satisfied with their services.

My water heater burst and flooded my rec room. My insurance adjuster scheduled for service and ServiceMaster came out. Their technicians were very good, professional and conscientious. They placed drying equipment and removed some insulation that was wet and damaged. It went great. They're not finished though, and we don't have an end-date yet. They're waiting for me because I have to empty out the room so they can re-stretch, clean, and sanitize the carpet. They've also been working on replacing the insulation and the floor in the closet where the water heater was. They're a good company to work with and I would recommend them.

My basement was recently flooded by my neighbor's water heater and ServiceMaster Restore brought it back to dry. They came in, removed all the water from my floor and baseboards. ServiceMaster comes in by schedule and one time they wanted to come but I wasn't available. So, the supervisor was very professional, polite in scheduling and made sure that I was home. It was a good experience and I’m satisfied with the service. I would recommend them to others based on the fact that they were professional, courteous and did a good job with restoring the basement.

ServiceMaster left everything as good as possible after they found a leak. I was a basket case when the whole thing happened and they were understanding. They were also very professional, neat and polite. I still got holes in my walls and they tossed the floor, which I'm in the middle of right now. But they did a great job and I was very happy with them and the work that they did.

When the ServiceMaster Restore team first got there, they explained to me what they were doing and how long it would take. They had to close off an entire section of one bedroom in order to get the work done and they covered all the doors with plastic so that the closets wouldn't get dusty. All of the pieces like the sink, tub and shower door, they stacked them up in the bedroom with something under them. I was amazed they didn't just throw them out there. And the work went really fast. They were also very nice and answered all my questions, too. They were professional and very conscientious of keeping their surroundings clean, as well. They left things very neat and did a great job of pulling out what’s needed from the bathroom. It was a great experience and we were very satisfied with the work.

ServiceMaster Restore reps are always very friendly. When scheduling, they answer the phone and take down the date that I want. Sometimes I've had to change because of my mother, she's elderly and I've had to take care of her. And they're always very accommodating. Every time they come I have them clean carpets and they do a wonderful job. They are always on time, as well. Their technician's name is Eduardo and he works really hard to get the stains out. He is very particular, professional and also a nice man. I've always had good experience with him. I'm very satisfied with their service and I would recommend ServiceMaster to anybody.

ServiceMaster Restore cleaned my basement. It was full of water because I had a basement fire. They came in and cleaned, brought out the basement, packed up my furniture, dishes and pictures and put it in storage. They were there every day until it was all cleaned up. They were very professional, on-time, knew what they were doing and they got the job done. It was a great experience. The supervisors were very professional. If they said they were going to meet somewhere, they were right on time. So, it worked out very well. The contractors are working on it now and I move back in next month.

The rep was responsive and professional when I scheduled my service. The techs were very informative and communicated what they were doing and why they were doing it every step of the way. They put some drying machines when I had a water leak and the situation has been better than before. Overall, my experience with ServiceMaster has been positive. My insurance wasn’t covering it so the gentleman that came out to give me the estimate to continue services was very friendly and informative and he did a great job.

My rug had some slugs on it that needed to be taken off. And so, I had to call ServiceMaster out. They were very fast in getting out here. Furthermore, their technician was a hard worker and he got his job done to our satisfaction. The job as fast as it could be. Furthermore, they sent a little card that I could use for another claim or give to a friend.

I had a pipe burst so I went outside, turned on the hose and the pipe that was in the end of the house had frozen over the winter. But the water leaked down behind a tiled shower wall. I called my insurance company because I didn't know whether or not it was gonna be a covered repair especially if I had them rebuild the shower.

So they got me in touch with ServiceMaster which I've never heard of before. Within about two days a guy came out who told me whether or not I needed to remove that wall. He had this little machine and he went all over the place in the shower to make sure there wasn't any water leaking there. He told me exactly where the problem was and it wasn't behind the shower. It's a walk in shower and that would have been about $5,000 repair job had I just had to rip the tile out. He told me what he could do if I wanted him to do it, and what I needed to do if I wanted to do it myself. My son's a contractor and he could do the job that we needed so we didn't need outside help. ServiceMaster was wonderful. They saved me a ton of money. I am highly satisfied with everything they did and I would recommend them.

I have an 11,000 square foot house that was recently purchased and it was in really bad shape. The house is in Thomas Jefferson's great granddaughter's house, so it was a very historic site. However, the people who had purchased it from that family let it go and kept it in really poor condition. I called ServiceMaster by Gaudet to come give me an estimate and they were very helpful and prompt. They came in and demoed at least 8,000 square feet of the 11,000. They were unbelievable, hardworking, professional, super clean and I was so impressed and so happy that I hired them. Also, the owner's son was very professional. He had a real cool computer program that allowed me to see the house and the area. He ran through all the details and the front layers of the demo. I have tried to recommend them to everyone I know and three friends are now in the process of getting quotes from them.

We called ServiceMaster because our refrigerator was leaking. They came the next day and looked at it. They had to take up our floor, and come back with the installer, equipment, and the blowers to dry the floor. They took care of everything before laying down a new floor. We also called them when the blowers have to be taken out and they came at a prompt time. They put down meters to make sure the floors were dry. When they left, they cleaned up and made sure everything was okay. The supervisor also came in and assisted. He told us what he was going to do and he did it. They were very professional and well-mannered and they did a good job.

We came home to having water in our basement and called ServiceMaster Restore. Their reps were super nice, awesome and very accommodating. Then their service professionals came in less than two hours after contacting them. They showed up for water mitigation then dried everything up. They were courteous, considerate as far as timing. They told me exactly what was going to happen and that's exactly what happened. They also labeled everything so hopefully, everything goes back together the way it's supposed to. Everybody was great to work with and I would definitely use them again, though I wish that that company cleans carpets because I would hire them for that as well.

A month ago, the awning inside of my house fell and the water was getting through it. Through my insurance company, I had ServiceMaster come by to tarp it up, and they did great. It was a good service.

On June 30, 2015 my home caught fire causing extensive damage to the upper floor bedrooms and attic. The structure is still in the process of being rebuilt. On July 1, 2015 a neighbor and I were sorting through damaged items in my driveway. That is when Larry ** of ServiceMaster of Seattle approached me stating an insurance company contacted him about the fire. He stated he was called to begin the process of salvaging contents of my home. I explained to Mr. ** that my primary concern was removing my oriental carpets from the structure while they were still able to cleaned. The carpets were not damaged by fire but they were wet and had been exposed to smoke.

Mr. ** explained to me and my neighbor that ServiceMaster of Seattle had a good deal of experience with this type of carpet. He stated he worked with a specialty carpet company that would restore my carpets to a condition possibly better than before the fire. I asked him to begin the process immediately. Mr. ** stated he would have his team at the house within the next day or two and the carpets would be OK until then.

A few days passed and no one from ServiceMaster of Seattle had not arrived as stated. I called Mr. ** and learned he was taking a continuing education class and would be out of the office the entire week. I explained my situation and my concern about my carpets. Service Master sent another representative, Susanne **, to explain the process of packing out salvageable items from the structure. Ms. ** described the actual packing process and urged me and my wife to only pack items which we intended to keep otherwise the ServiceMaster personnel would pack everything. My wife and I restated our concern for the carpets. Ms. ** reassured us that the carpets would be a priority.

The next morning a crew of four or five people arrived in a ServiceMaster of Seattle van and began bringing boxes and supplies into the house. The lead person, Lori, introduced herself and explained that the team would begin placing our possessions in boxes and transport the items to their storage facility. Since we had never been in this type of situation we began asking questions about how much would we be charged for this service. Lori stated "I don't know anything about prices." She was only there to pack up the items. "Besides, your insurance company is paying the bill." Lori also stated that we "should not speak with any other team members". If we had any questions we should address them only with her. Right away we observed ServiceMaster personnel packing items which we had instructed Lori not to pack.

My wife told a team member not to pack some items and Lori interrupted her stating "The best thing you can do is stay out of our way and let us do our work". Later that day I observed a team member wrapping a broken eight-inch helicopter model which cost less than $10 new in wads and wads of packing material then sealing it in a 16"x12"x12" box. I immediately informed Lori about how ridiculous this was. She responded "They have no idea what is important to you so they pack everything". I was frustrated with the waste so I called my insurance adjuster to explain the situation. I asked if he knew how much this pack-out process was costing. He stated "probably about $25,000". I then told Lori to tell her people "not to pack junk," if there were doubts about an item ask or set it aside. At that point three boxes marked ITN were set aside for questionable items. Later I learned they charged me $44.81 for this request.

I asked Lori about getting the carpets out of the house and to the restorer. She stated she did not handle those types of items. I called Larry ** by telephone and he said he would have people there the next day. He said the workers would arrive with snow shovels to clear the debris covering the carpets and take them to be cleaned. I thought he was joking but they used shovels to remove the debris from the carpets. I arrived at the house the following afternoon to discover three women wrapping and boxing 30-year-old dishes on my dining room table while standing on my most valuable carpet. During the fire a 4'x4' skylight had shattered right above that carpet and these women were grinding broken glass into the carpet. I told them to get out of my house. By that point the carpets were covered with mold and the wet furniture had leached color into the carpet fibers.

I rolled the carpets up and took them to a fine carpet specialty store in Bellevue, WA to have them cleaned. It was too late. I had the three carpets evaluated and learned were ruined beyond repair. They were appraised at $45,000 but all three were irreplaceable. I was contacted a day later by the ServiceMaster district manager, Jason **. He requested a meeting to resolve the issues that resulted in me asking them to leave. During the meeting, we agreed that my wife and I would not be charged for the work done so far and a new team would finish the job of packing the remainder of our items. Mr. ** stated that nothing would be done with our items until we could come to the ServiceMaster facility and at that point I could decide what I wanted cleaned and deodorized.

The next day two women arrived and began packing our belongings once again. The lead person was named Lupe. Only she spoke English so I could not instruct the other woman about what I wanted packed. I set several items in one corner and asked Lupe not to touch them or let anyone take them. The next day these items were gone. My wife recently purchased eight place settings of Wedgewood China. Each place setting was individually wrapped in factory boxes. We planned to give these dishes to my daughter as a wedding gift. ServiceMaster workers removed the dishes from their factory boxes and packed them in ServiceMaster boxes then disposed of the Wedgewood boxes. They also took an eight piece set of Baccarat Wine Glasses out of their factory wrapped boxes and repacked them in ServiceMaster boxes disposing of the factory boxes.

These dishes and glasses were in sealed boxes, in our basement during the fire, as far from the smoke and flames as possible. I cannot understand why anyone would be stupid enough to believe the factory packaging was not suitable enough to protect these items. And why they were removed from the house after being told not to touch them? I believe they were trained to pad the bill as much as possible. I also had four place settings of china left to me by my grandmother. These dishes were purchased in France in 1921 and are irreplaceable. They were individually wrapped and stored in a ridged leather suitcase and were among the items not to be touched. Someone removed them and repacked them in ServiceMaster boxes.

None of these dishes were found when my wife and I searched the boxes at the ServiceMaster storage facility. We brought these issues to the attention of Jason ** in July 2015. He responded on June 28, 2016 with explanations completely foreign to our actual concerns. Each item he addressed was twisted to make ServiceMaster seem the victim. My wife and I went to the ServiceMaster facility on September 22, 2015. We were there to determine what items we wanted cleaned and to search for the items we asked not to be packed because they were needed for our day to day living. I could see that none of the boxes had been opened since they were removed from our home. The original single layer of packing tape was intact on all boxes. Boxes were arranged in two areas of the warehouse.

A ** woman escorted us to the area where our items were stored. She stated she was aware that nothing was to be cleaned until my wife and I had the opportunity to sort through the contents. As we searching through the boxes, I noticed a woman with brown hair was opening and resealing the boxes Lupe packed. These boxes were stacked in an adjacent location, far enough away that we could not see the contents. She appeared to be removing them from the inspection area. I believe she did not want us to inspect them. At the time, we were too distracted by the woman working to realize something was going on. As for the boxes we opened, we were appalled to discover most were all only about full. It seems obvious ServiceMaster padded the bill by instructing workers packing these boxes with so few items. I cannot imagine a reasonable person wasting boxes and packing material to such an extent.

There were multiple boxes with as few as three or four paperback books. We would have thrown the books away had we known the extent of the obvious deception. Our home was only 1650 square feet. A ServiceMaster invoice dated August 6, 2015 states charges for storing 504 square feet of our contents. Then ServiceMasters invoice dated March 28, 2016 states they are storing 1125.6 square feet of contents. My wife and I filled and removed 112 large garbage bags of debris from the house while ServiceMaster was working. After ServiceMaster finished our contractor filled two 25'x10'x10' dumpsters with the remainder of our contents. I have difficulty believing the initial total of 504 square feet. I am curious how our contents expanded to 1125.6. 1125.6 seems too precise to be a misprint. It appears they store boxes the same way they pack them.

As we were leaving the ServiceMaster facility we started talking with one of the technicians. He explained how we could defraud our insurance company by explaining how he got away with it. He said we could choose some high-priced items from our list of totaled electronics. Purchase new replacements at a high-priced store. Submit the receipts to our insurance company. Return the items for a refund then purchase our replacement through Amazon or Costco, or simply keep the cash. I feel this was very inappropriate however it offered a good deal of insight into the ServiceMaster culture.

We had water damage in our sunroom from the winter snow. It built up and took a while to show itself. Although, we had a window that was leaking too, so it turned out to be a roof and insulation problem. ServiceMaster Restore was fantastic. Setting up a schedule was extremely easy and they came right out the next day. They started doing everything immediately when they came including taking everything out of the room, even the vaulted ceiling and the insulation. Their work was excellent and there's not a thing I would have liked to see differently. They handled everything so professionally and they were extremely good at focusing on any mold that was up in the ceiling and getting rid of it. If a friend asked about them, I'd tell them to go right ahead with ServiceMaster and have them over. Good businesses should be recognized.

I had a fire in the house which was covered by insurance. I scheduled with ServiceMaster and everything was very good. They did a great job.

ServiceMaster Restore recently had to rip up carpeting and dry out underneath our house. They were very quick, came immediately, were very courteous, very professional, and made sure everything was okay before they left and finished the job. They did a really great job. I am very satisfied with my experience.

Nationwide told us that they have used ServiceMaster Restore a lot and set up the service for us. They contacted us when it was time to come when it was convenient for them. The rep was nice and the two technicians were fabulous. They came to my dad’s house and cleaned up the water and dried it all out. It took them a couple of days to do it, but they did a good job and let us know everything worked out right and we were fine with it. They kept us informed of everything they were gonna do and what they did, told us what they're measuring and they sprayed an antimicrobial. They were very caring and professional. They didn’t do anything that they didn’t have to. They were the best people. I just love them. Our experience with them was wonderful. We’d love to have them back if anything ever happens again. I was very satisfied and I'd recommend them to friends.

My apartment flooded on March the 5th and State Farm gave me a choice between two companies for the restoration. I picked ServiceMaster because they were here in Arlington. I called and someone came right over. They did a really good job, and the thing I appreciated the most is that even though my apartment was flooded and my stuff were piled up like junk, they didn't treat my things like junk. They were very respectful of my property and were just nice. They showed up when they were supposed to show up and didn't add to the stress.

It's made the difference because there was no way that I was going to be able to pick all that stuff up and move it all by myself. They paid attention to my input and we got everything moved out and they brought everything back as well. They were compassionate and efficient, and I was very satisfied. The only problem I really had was their sub-contractor that cleaned my clothes for me. They took a shy of two months to bring my clothes back so that was a hardship.

ServiceMaster Restore was good. They were professional getting on time, talking with me and sharing the details about their service. The only thing I didn't like was when they did the drywall. They found mold in one of the drywall area so they cut where the mold was and they cut the drywall a bit longer and in a weird angle. Other than that, they did a good job. They know what they are doing.

I had a plumbing problem, and my insurance company called ServiceMaster Restore. The technicians were very polite, professional, and kept me abreast to everything that was going on. It was an awful experience, but they made it much better. They did an excellent job and I would recommend them to anyone.

ServiceMaster was recommended through my insurance agency. Their employees were all nice people and they did their job. We had a lot of water damage. There was a lot of work to be done. They had to pull things apart and then the reconstruction was up to us. However, I think they overlooked the toilet. At the time they were working, maybe it didn't look like there was any damage. This time, the toilet had sunk a bit because the wood under got rotten and dried out. We're expecting another call from them to come up and take another look at it. I think ServiceMaster is taking care of the situation in the best way they can and trying to minimize the damage. It was only yesterday that we had to call back. And so, we're going to give them a day or two to respond.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

ServiceMaster Restore
1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis