Call toll free
4.67/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1233 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I got in touch with ServiceMaster after my water tank did a thing in my house. The technician was prompt when he said he was gonna call me to let me know he was on his way when it was close to the time. He was very polite, professional, and helpful. He cleaned up after himself and was very good at what he did. I recommend ServiceMaster to anybody. They were very responsive, very helpful, and quick to get the job done. If my friends ever get in a position where they have to have a kind of a first responder to help clean up something, I'd tell them that ServiceMaster is the best.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

We had a major water leak and we were thoroughly drowned out. So, our insurance company called ServiceMaster, and a tech was up here immediately and started to take care of it. He was very good. Everybody on ServiceMaster's team did a good job, including Shirley, the lady that coordinates them. They did their job thoroughly and got it done quickly. They’re still drying out and cleaning some floor rugs for us, but other than that, everything's going great. I told the insurance company to keep using ServiceMaster. They do good work.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

The water heater deteriorated so water went all over my home. I called my insurance agent and then Mike called me. He was the guy in charge and he said people would be showing up. He also told me how the process with ServiceMaster Restore worked. Then one day, the guys showed up to start cleaning up the mess. One guy took charge but he didn’t do too good of a job so the next day, his supervisor showed up and chastised him for not doing everything he was supposed to. Then they took care of business. My wife also wasn’t too happy because they have taken way too long. This thing started September 8 and it is December now. Their work is done but they said they would bring the carpet and all our stuff back. As far as our interaction with them though, it was nice. The workers who were hired to do the stuff were professional.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

The insurance company called and had ServiceMaster Restore come over when I had a water leak. Everything was very good in terms of scheduling the service and the representatives I dealt with were very nice. The technicians who came out were also very good. They were very cooperative and prompt. When they said they were gonna be there, they were there. And they took care of everything. This experience I had was excellent and I would call them again if I needed it. I would highly recommend them as well.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

Our State Farm insurance adjuster, Amy, made the call to ServiceMaster Restore to come out to mitigate the water damage. They had to gut about half of an entire bathroom. They took out the floor, the subfloor, the walls, the studs in the walls and the ceiling. It was extensive and the technicians had most of the damage removed within two days. They did an excellent job of getting in here in a timely fashion, doing the tear out, setting up the dehumidifiers and the fans, and the removal of the damage. They also put plastic sheeting down on the floor in the hallway and in the living room to the exit door.

There were times when they called to let me know they were on their way or if they needed to be in at a particular time to check their dryness readings. They were efficient, quick, very responsive and polite. They also did an excellent cleanup afterwards. They hauled all the debris away. They took excellent photographs as well. They documented and drew the floor plan of the room and furnished that to my insurance agency.

ServiceMaster Restore response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

These guys are great. We had a water leak in our house so they needed to come out. I contacted my insurance company then my claim adjustor handled it all and the turnaround was quick. They were the first folks out here and they acted quickly. They had their little meter thing and they did what they were instructed to do. They removed some flooring and went in through the walls and our mopboards. Then they got the big dryers in and those were here for five days or so to dry everything out. ServiceMaster took care of what they needed to take care of and cleaned up their mess. Then they were outta here so we could move on to the next step.

The technicians were professional too, and there was one gentleman in particular who might have been a senior tech. He was informative and he even made some suggestions. We had a plumber out at the same time and he didn’t really know where the leak was coming from. The gentleman said that he wasn't a plumber but that he has been doing the job a long time and he told us what he thought. I appreciated that because at that time, we weren’t really getting anywhere with the plumber. All in all, ServiceMaster did an excellent job and I was really satisfied with the work that they did and with their expertise. On top of that, they seemed caring, responsible and reliable.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

The insurance company set up the service schedule then ServiceMaster called me. And it was great. The guy said he would be out here in an hour and he was. The technicians who came out told me what was going on and what the process was, and everything was fine. They also explained what they were gonna do and that was what they did. They did a good job.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

I would recommend ServiceMaster very highly. My toilet had broken and flooded half the house when I was at work. After I got a hold of my State Farm agent, I called ServiceMaster and they were very pleasant to talk to. They took all the information and everything was great. Then they had a crew over here within an hour and a half. And it was fantastic dealing with that crew. They did everything they were supposed to do. They brought the big old fans and sucked up the water. For the next two days, they came back and that was when they took half of the carpet out. Then they left the fans and let dry where everything was still a little damp. Two days later, they came back. Everything was dry and they took the fans out. It was a job well done.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I needed help with the overflow from a clogged drain and ServiceMaster reached out to me to set up the appointment. I was very impressed with the two people who came to the house and did the work and clean up. They did a good job. I would give an A plus to their customer service, the supervisor and the people doing the work and the follow through calls. I called ServiceMaster again on a different issue and I was impressed as well with the one that was assigned to do what I needed to get done. I would give the company’s phone number to friends and the exact name of the people who helped me. I will ask them to ask for those people. ServiceMaster should keep up the good work.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We had a leak in our refrigerator and our insurance company contacted ServiceMaster Restore. We also spoke with their representatives and they did well. The technicians were prompt too. They did what they needed to do and they told us what they were doing and why they were doing it. They also explained how long it was gonna take and they weren’t there very long. They were drying out carpets so they were putting out fans and blowers. Then they just came out and adjusted them. They did good work and they were very professional.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

We had a fire that destroyed our garage and laundry room, lucky it didn't get the whole house. Bob ** with ServiceMaster of Clark and Jackson County, WI came in and I was immediately at ease. They did everything they said they would, were reliable, great communication, and thorough. I would highly recommend this company. Even my insurance adjuster was happy we hired them as they have a great reputation in the area!

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I got a call from my mom one night about a month ago. The pipe broke in the ceiling from the bathroom into our room. The flange on the toilet broke, so it came through the ceiling. I asked for ServiceMaster Restore to come out. I have years of relationship with Steve, one of the ServiceMaster managers. However, I used Rainbow Restoration the last and I had to take them to court when my basement flooded because they said they had dried the basement out, but the whole house had mold a couple of months later. My mom was in the hospital for certain days because of the mold and she was really upset ever since the mold happened.

ServiceMaster Restore wanted me to use Rainbow again, but I said no, so I got ServiceMaster to come out that night when it happened as an emergency service. They were really great and I was really happy with the service we received. The young tech was excellent in the way he cleaned the house. He didn’t leave one bit of dust and he was really excited about cleaning out. I told his supervisor that he needs a recommendation. However, I was not happy the way the techs cut the ceiling. The edges were uneven. I was also not happy with them making us put the fan. I was happy with the fans being there, but I thought it would be in there a lot more. I was gonna call Steve or a manager to ask some questions, but I hadn’t heard one thing from their office, except for an email from a sale to sign the final letter. That’s not how business should be done.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We had some water coming into our chimney, around the roof, through the brick, and up the top side and it affected the flooring and the sheetrock around the fireplace. Then, there was some water down in the crawlspace, too. The ServiceMaster folks came right away, were right on top of it and were very professional. They set up camp in the living room around the fireplace, took out some of the sheetrock, dried it out, took out the insulation and put the dehumidifier machine in.

It was a long process and they had to come back because we kept getting more rain and the water wouldn't dry out. It also seemed like there were four different crews that came in, worked on it and took measurements. I also didn't have any copies of the readings and some of the crew did but some of them didn't. So, toward the end, there were some questions about whether they had done all that they could do and whether it was really dry. Some folks said it wasn't dry and some said it was. There was a little back and forth and the communication on that was a little frustrating at times. But they were pretty religious about checking back to take the water readings so overall, it was a good experience with them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

The hot water heater failed and its contents leaked all over the basement floor. There was 100 to 200 gallons but there wasn't a lot of damage. ServiceMaster got all the damaged stuff in bags so I could bring it up and get rid of it. But it was mostly paperwork and books. There was no damage to hard items. One of the furniture items got wet and it’s particle board. But they did a good job in putting the furniture up on stands to make sure that it's breathing properly. Sometimes, if a particle board absorbs water, it will swell and crack. But I haven't seen any evidence of that and it's been three weeks. So I'm good there. They came back and did the rug too. The water came up underneath the door so we had to get the rug fixed and they did a good job doing that.

But because the floor of the basement was dirty, it's muddy. A guy told me they had a mini pressure washer and they could come back and get the done for me. But I can't remember how to get a hold of him. There are ServiceMaster franchises around and I can't remember which one came to see us. Mud is on the concrete and it needs to be sprayed off into the sump, which is right next door. So it's not gonna be a big deal. It won't take them 10 minutes to get this clean. Otherwise, I have to do it by hand and I'm still on a wheelchair. It's hard for me. But that's my only comment. I would like them to get over and finish the job. That's all. It was out of pocket because I had a deductible and the deductible for the replacement of the water heater and the homeowner stuff was higher than this cost. So it wasn't a big deal. It was relatively affordable. And besides, ServiceMaster did a great job. They're prepared and they know what to do. I'd use them again.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

I went out of town and was gone for four days. When I came back, I walked in from the garage and heard water running. I followed the noise back and shut off the water to the toilet. That was where water was spraying out all over the inside of the bathroom. I have carpet out of all three bedrooms upstairs and there was standing water in the bathroom. Then I went downstairs where I have a finished basement and there were four big five-foot chunks of ceiling down on the carpet. So everything had gone down there, including the drywall and the carpet.

I called my insurance company, State Farm, and within two hours, ServiceMaster Restore was here with their trucks. They started ripping things out and worked for at least three hours that day. Altogether, they were here for 10 days. My bathroom was totally wet and they had to take out the cupboards and the tile. It was a mess. At one point, I had 45 fans in my house trying to dry it out. Brian and Kim were just super. They were amazing to work with. They were here everyday. Their help was here everyday. And they were polite. They tried to save what they could of my entryway because the wood there is still okay. I can't say enough about them and how good they were. I'd have them back in a second and I would recommend them to anybody. I was completely satisfied. I don't feel like there's any chance of any mold. Everything's dry and ready to be re-done.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I had a water loss and Karen from ServiceMaster helped schedule the appointment to get everybody out there. She was very efficient and speedy. And Zeke, the first guy who came out and assessed the situation, was very professional and informative. Then the crew came out the following business day and had gotten things out there. ServiceMaster Restore did a good job and I was pretty satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We came back to our Arizona winter home and our toilet tank had cracked. It had been leaking probably for a month and a half. So, the water got absorbed in the carpets in the den, in the bathroom, the walk-in closet, and the bedroom. I called our traveler’s insurance and they suggested to call in ServiceMaster. They came out right away and did what they needed to do. They were here for probably a week, drying everything out. There was mold on the baseboards, and so, they took that out and cut the Sheetrock up about two feet, like they were supposed to, to check for any mold and luckily, there wasn’t anything.

They were very timely and did a great job. Also, they were very knowledgeable and they explained everything. If we had any questions, they answered them. I had to pay a deductible but everything else was covered by insurance. And ServiceMaster worked with the insurance adjuster. They had a mutual agreement on the amount. I was extremely satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Nathan and his crew at Crossroads Restoration in Indianapolis took care of all our problems and the mold is history... Big Thanks. Had an issue in our log home after a new roof was put on and the small amount of mold was taken care of and the worry about it was in good hands with Nathan who is the general manager of Crossroads. Would use them again but hopefully never will have a mold issue again.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I had ServiceMaster Restore dry our upstairs carpet that got wet after my little one left the sink running. I called them on a weekend and after 30 minutes, somebody came to take a look at the carpet. ServiceMaster was very professional and they explained everything to me, as well as what I had to expect. ServiceMaster did a very good job and I would encourage people to use them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

This past weekend I was at the Raleigh airport waiting for my flight and received a voicemail from Jim **, Operations Manager in the Raleigh office of ServiceMaster Restore. Jim's voicemail stated that he had found my iPad on the interstate highway and to call him. I hadn't even realized I didn't have my iPad and then remembered I had placed it on the top of the car and forgot to grab it. It must have eventually fallen off onto the highway until good samaritan Jim ** picked it up. When I called Jim he graciously offered to bring my iPad to the airport before my flight departed! When I met Jim I persistently offered him some $$ as a small token of my appreciation. He smiled, politely declined, and proceeded to give me his ServiceMaster card and asked that I refer ServiceMaster to any of my friends who need help. What a great example of southern hospitality and an outstanding representative of ServiceMaster!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We had a pipe leak in the wall in the bedroom and we got ServiceMaster through Allstate. The technicians were very nice and they got the job done. It was a good experience.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

ServiceMaster came out and dried up the area that was leaked on in the basement from the kitchen including the sheetrock where it was moist. Their reps are very good and legitimately followed up. As for the scheduling of services, coming in, and follow-ups, they were just calling me. Everything was smooth and explanatory. At every stage, they were telling me what they were doing, what the next steps are, who’s gonna call me, and how they were doing. I would definitely recommend ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We had water damage from a leak in our home and our insurance company scheduled the service. The ServiceMaster reps were great and the guy who came to look at the damage to determine where all the water damage was answered all my questions. They came right back with the helper and they removed the floor super quick and got the fans all set up. The next day, we had a couple of people come to check the fans, and they removed them all because all the water damage, it was all dried, and they were good too.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I had someone from ServiceMaster come out when the faucet in our kitchen leaked and caused damage to the drywall, flooring and backside of the cabinets. I called a guy who was the closest to me that I know could do it. I'm in the industry, so I know what the process is. If we had to reschedule something, the reps at ServiceMaster were quick to reschedule and figure out a different time to get out there and work around our schedule. Their people were prompt and the work got done quickly. They had to pull the countertops and they did a good job. The only thing that they didn't do, when they're doing the demo, was put up some containment barrier, so a little bit more dust got around than it should have, but it wasn't a big deal.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

We had a rental property where a tenant let a grease fire get out. Our property manager took care of the initial contact with ServiceMaster Restore and then the techs came out. They seemed to know exactly what they were doing and how to go about it. They did a thorough job, but it would have been great to have had the opportunity to keep some of the things that were removed and clean and/or paint them. They asked questions and checked on a whole lot of things, though, and it was just little things like the air conditioner returns that we may have a hard time getting replaced. I would definitely recommend ServiceMaster Restore.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I had a small house fire in my basement which caused a lot of smoke damage in the house. My insurance company got a hold of ServiceMaster. The gentleman I dealt with was very professional and understanding. The fire happened on a Tuesday and the crew was there Wednesday. And then again on Thursday, they had a crew in there cleaning. I'm giving them two thumbs up, kudos and any other accolade I can give them.

First of all they took all the area rugs, blankets, pillows, drapes, curtains, and clothes that were all a little smoke damaged and had them cleaned. Then they brought in a crew and they washed all of the walls, the ceilings, every knick-knack, everything that was on the walls and on the shelves. They scrubbed it starting in the upstairs all the way down to the basement. The quality of work was fantastic. They were at my house for five days and I'm completely satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore came to clean my basement carpet. The original rep that I spoke with never put me on a schedule on several dates that I was supposed to have. I called midday to see when they were coming. Another gentleman answered the phone and said that I was not on their schedule. I told him that I needed it done before Saturday because I was having a party of 50. He was very accommodating and apologetic for the mishap and got me in. The technician that came out was really phenomenal and great. I had a couple of urine spots from animals and he found more. The carpet got cleaned in time. I will be using ServiceMaster again and will also recommend them all the way.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I had a hot water heater problem with water all over. ServiceMaster cleaned up all that and they did a good job. When they came in, they knew exactly what they had to do and went about doing their business. They were very nice, very quiet, and professional. They also came back and did all the follow-ups. If you have a problem, give them a call. They’ll treat you right.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

The project manager was very understanding in the stress that I was going under and he showed a lot of empathy in what I was going through. He explained the whole process and it was very easy to schedule and find the time for them to come out. ServiceMaster was very responsive too. They came out and knew what they needed to do to clean up the water damage. They pulled up some of the tiling on the floor as well as set up a humidifier and a bunch of sand. They came out single every day for three days and checked on the moisture. They were very clean every time they came. They were experienced in their job. They were not going to remove any equipment until they were sure everything was dry and when it was finished, they left everything back to the way it was. They communicated to me through the whole process and they were very thorough and friendly. I was very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I needed to have routine cleaning done to keep my carpet under warranty and my experience in scheduling with ServiceMaster was very positive. The technician was very good, friendly, and thorough.

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large and commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal company. ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more, in addition to mold removal.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis