Call toll free
3.86/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

ServiceMaster Restore Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had a weather-related damage to my roof, which resulted in the water coming through the roof to my kitchen ceiling and damaging the ceiling. It was covered by homeowner's insurance. They gave me two companies, so I contacted both and ServiceMaster had the quickest response. ServiceMaster was great. They were very patient because this was my first homeowner's claim, and it just really wasn't clear on what they needed. I just know the insurance company said I had to mitigate my damages, but ServiceMaster was helpful in walking me through the process and understanding the options in terms of if I have to pay for it beforehand or that may not have to. They just wanted me to know both circumstances that were possible, which was helpful because at least that prepared me if it wasn't covered for with insurance right away. And then, they gave me an estimate of what it might be.

The technicians were great. There were two and they both were very professional, and they indulged my questions. They have very good customer service and they were genuinely trying to be helpful and trying to get me in a comfortable place with all that they had to do, with the leaving of the machine and helping me to understand because it was a really big drying machine. Then they took care to tell me they couldn't do it the way they would usually do it because I had insulation that was the fluffy kind, so they didn't want it all over the place. It was one thing that they did not do that would allow the insulation to not blow all over the place, so I appreciated that because my concern was how much insulation I would be eating while waiting for this process to finish.

They did a great job. The roofing guy put up a small tarp. He called me back and let me know what he did, 'cause he did it while I was at home. They sealed up the opening in the kitchen with plastic so that nothing else would come through and cold air would be minimized with entering the home. I haven't had anything and what they've done has sustained, so that was great.

They were very patient and that's always good in these situations because I have damage to my property. It's a process that I have to go through to some degree and the inconvenience that I have to go through because I have to take off work to let people in. But they were accommodating to my schedule. It's the best they could be, so that was helpful.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had an emergency. My water heater exploded and flooded my living room. It was awful. My insurance agent sent ServiceMaster out. After I talked with the insurance agent, ServiceMaster contacted me right away to let me know when they were gonna come and if it was okay if they came at 7:00 because they were booked. I was just very happy that they were gonna come on the same day. Then they got there. I was extremely stressed out. But they were wonderful and they were even really patient with me and would repeat what they were saying, making sure I understood, which I really appreciate.

I must’ve been so annoying for them but they never made me feel that way. They were just so great and really thoughtful. I have a dog and they were really considerate about that, which is nice ‘cause just trying to arrange for all these people coming inside of my house is a lot. They came back with the insurance person and just were on top of it with getting everything done. Both Diego and Hector were the two that I worked with the most from there and they were fantastic.

They had to check for asbestos before they could do anything, which sucked because I was waiting for them to be able to cut open the wall. But that was standard protocol based on how old the place was. Then they put the dehumidifiers up and just ride it out at an extremely hot temperature. That was unbearable, so I pretty much was living in my bedroom for that week. They had to cut open the wall, rip out the carpet, take off the baseboards, and it just had to dry out. I needed to not be in my area because of how hot it was. After they were finished, it was excellent. If you’re going through such a disaster like that, that’s who you want to take care of you. I can’t believe that I actually filled them with gratitude after going through such a horrible situation. They were just great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Our kitchen sink broke under the house and we had a raised foundation. The water was pouring out from the kitchen sink. The reason we noticed anything at all ever, was because there was a smell coming in the kitchen. We didn't know where it was coming from. So, we had a plumber come out. He went down, saw the broken pipes, saw the mold, and that was when I called ServiceMaster. I had ServiceMaster come out and pick out the dirt that was growing mold. I contacted them directly because I knew of them from the flood that I had at my house in November. The reps that came out then were perfect. They did the work and were communicative.

This time, they came out, the guy got under there and he said it was not mold. It was calcium coming from under the ground and they didn't have to do anything. I asked where was the smell coming from? He just ignored me and he kept saying that it was calcium and that they don't remove calcium. I told him that it was mold and the plumber told me that it was fungus. He gave me the name of the plumber that would come out and fix the pipes without having the dirt removed.

I called the plumber. The plumber came out and went under there and was saying there were molds growing everywhere and we had to have it removed. So, I called ServiceMaster back, and I said they needed to come out and take it out. So, the guy came out again. He came out, he called my husband instead of calling me and said it was not mold, it was calcium. And they don't remove calcium.

He was like, "Mold doesn't grow on dirt." I told him, "it doesn't, but it grows on food." Every time I used the kitchen sink and did dishes and put food down the garbage disposal, it came out of the pipe. He said, "Oh, this is a sewer." I said yes. He said he'd call the office and would come back out there tomorrow to remove the dirt. So, three days later, he came out and removed the dirt. He did it in one day. Everything's fine since then, but that was a little out of contact. This was the third time using ServiceMaster and this was the only time I had that kind of problem. But they've always been really good.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We were away for about four and a half months, and we had water damage in the house. We had a water dispenser on the kitchen sink for drinking water and the filter for the unit was under the cabinet. Somehow, it came disengaged on the mounting bracket, and it fell. When it did, the hose disengaged, so we had water running out of its tubing. We had somebody check the house, but it might’ve run for up to a week. It ran all through the kitchen, under the wall, and into the dining room. More than half of the cabinets had to come out because it got into the drywall behind the cabinets. All those out had to be ripped out. It destroyed the countertops and we had to have all the drywall replaced in those areas as well as about two-thirds of the dining room. The dining room wood floor was destroyed. It had to be replaced and taken out.

I called the insurance company immediately when the person that was checking on our house for us called me, and within three hours, they had ServiceMaster Restore at the house. I wasn’t here but I was communicating with them over the phone and by text and email. Our main contact was Dan and he was professional, extremely responsive, very cooperative, and he never let us down. All the people that came to the house were very helpful. They were polite and they put booties on to minimize any mess in the house. They kept us informed all the way.

We had quite an experience trying to get the floor to dry because it was tiled and I didn’t know if I could get the replacement tiles if we rip them out to match. I didn’t want to rip them out because they went from the kitchen into the hallway, into the laundry room, and the bathroom. It was like we were gonna have to rip off all these to get new tiles to match and they worked really hard to dry the subfloor underneath as well as from the top, on the tiles to dehumidifiers, heaters, and blowers. They worked for a month trying to get it dried. They could’ve at any point said, “Forget it. We’ve done overdue, and you're gonna have to have the tiles taken out.” But Dan was insistent that he could get it dried out, and they did get it done to acceptable levels and I really appreciated that. They didn’t just leave me hanging.

I should’ve called Dan's boss and given him an endorsement because he was a great guy to deal with. We had to pack up everything in the dining room and moved everything out. There were also a couple of women who came and they packed everything really neatly. Then they came back and unpacked everything and put it all back perfectly. It was a very positive experience. Not everything with other people has gone quite as smoothly but ServiceMaster was really good.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

ServiceMaster Restore was awesome. I had to get the house tarped because I lost a lot of the roof. So, I contacted ServiceMaster on a Monday night. A gentleman called me on Tuesday afternoon and said I needed some paperwork signed. So, I met him on Wednesday, and on Thursday, my roof was tarped. That was quick.

The representatives at ServiceMaster were right on the money, as far as, they were always on time for the appointments. When I met them about removing all the damaged sheetrock, I told them that I had to find somebody to move all my stuff out. And they told me they would take care of that too. So, they picked up all my household goods and they're storing them for me. It cost money, but they were right there and they did it when they said they were gonna do it. So, now, I'm just waiting for my house to get fixed.

We're looking at relocating. When we find a permanent place to take off our shoes, we'll call ServiceMaster and have them deliver our household stuff.The only thing that was kind of questionable was the packing company they hired to pick up our stuff. They weren't the most professional group in the world. I'm a retired military, and I've been through a lot of moves. And these guys were like just guys they hired off the street. They came in. They did a marginal job as far as packing up our goods. They didn't bring enough packing materials to wrap dishes and stuff. I provided them with Christmas wrap, so they could wrap up dishes and pots and pans. Also, they missed a lot. I ended up hauling two pickup truckloads of stuff to our little place we're renting because of the stuff they missed. Still, I would recommend ServiceMaster because of the fact that they were there when they said they were gonna be, and they did provide the service.

ServiceMaster Restore response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

This company is a rip off. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I was quoted 4600.00 invoice received 6432.19 for 7 days with only 4 days of actual work. I used ServPro last year with the same issue and they used equipment for 14 days and was only charged 4700.00. I am a very unhappy customer. Avoid this company. Beware...

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I called Service Master Restore because 2 plumbers who came out said we had sewage and standing water under the house and it had to be cleaned up before they could get in there and find and fix the leak. We had Cameron ** and Brandon come out to look at what needed to be done and give an estimate. I let them know that I would not be home but my adult son would be. My son said they were very polite and went right to work. Brandon went under the house while my son turned on water from all over the house to see what was leaking and where it was. They not only found the leak but were able to tell us exactly where it was and took a video of it. They let us know that there was no sewage and no standing water just wet dirt and small food particles from the garbage disposal. They said that really the only thing needed was a plumber to fix the leak, and that they did not have to clean up anything.

WOW, I had tears in my eyes because I knew how much this could have cost us but they were very honest and said "Nope nothing needed to be done on their part." Cameron, Brandon you are my heroes, thank you for your honesty. If I EVER need a restoration company you will be the first and only people/company I will call. And I will be telling everyone about you. Dorena **

ServiceMaster Restore response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about ServiceMaster Restore. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: July 26, 2019

I had major water damage, unfortunately my Insurance company was a Scam and they sent ServiceMaster to my house. The first thing the assessor stated was that "he was going to save my insurance company some money." Clear conflict of interest here. Why would he want to save my insurance company money when I was his client???? This person would not answer my questions or answered them with "I am a professional". He then fabricated a story about how he did not need to drop fans as he would create a “vortex” when they returned 6 days later to do the work. At one point I called the assessor to question his "professional" opinion and he told me he was just a traffic manager. I asked for credentials - he had none!! In my time of need I was totally lied to and given a person who literally was not qualified even though he answered (or didn't answer) my questions by saying I'm a professional!!!!

They left my basement soaking in water for a week. I told them the original guy was not ever allowed in my house again and they sent another misogynistic jerk with a bad attitude. The first thing this guy snarled at me was "Why are your windows open?? That's the worst thing you can do!!" Had I actually had a professional assessor I am guessing that info would have been passed on to me much earlier and less rude. When I asked him for his name his reply was “why, are you going to report me too?” He would not even give me his last name - so these jerks were in my house and didn't feel the need to even identify themselves!!!! They left my basement in shambles, cat box full of stuff from the closet, shelves down, left my washer unhooked. The story just keeps getting worse. Each person more inept than the last. When I asked one guy to hook up my washing machine he told me he did but I better keep an eye on it because he wasn’t sure if he did it right.

The company fully supports this behavior!!! They were supposed to send me a revised bill that I have had to call for three times - instead they sent me to collections twice!!! They are currently threatening a lien on my house. They actually refused to send me correct billing. Literally told me that I would not receive the correct invoice and they were putting a lien on my house!!!! The business was a freak show from beginning to end. I had to call corporate as I was not paying an incorrect bill as that would mean I would have to have further contact with these trolls. As they say - hire a clown, expect a circus!!

Original review: July 22, 2019

Our basement flooded last night and after two requests, they never returned my call! We ended up wading around with a shop vac, moving furniture and valuables, removing carpet and padding and today will have to rent dryers. It is 9 hours and we still haven’t heard from them. Less than useless!! Wish I could give them a negative review.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Had smoke damage in home, they showed up shortly after my initial call to secure the job for themselves. That was the only quick response we got. We were lied to, charged for work not performed and what little they did do was so bad that I fired them midstream. They sued me for payment, the judge saw the pictures of the shoddy work and ruled in my favor. Stay away from these people. I rarely post negative reviews. I wish I could do more than just write a bad review. Trust me. They were terrible. Stay away!!

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal business. In addition to mold removal, ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis