ServiceMaster Restore

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Our Dad had fallen and hit his head and there was as a lot of blood everywhere. Called ServiceMaster of Mankato and they came out about 5 pm. They very professional and explained every step. They started working on the blood. An hour later it was all gone. Can't thank them enough.

We had a sewer backup in our basement and ServiceMaster was thorough and very quick in responding. I hope we don't have this problem again but if other people do, I would recommend them.

We had ServiceMaster Restore do the mitigation or tear out for a water damage and they scheduled it pretty good. They dried the place out and took out the carpeting to wash it. It's not all done yet and they're supposed to bring them back on Saturday. But so far, so good and I'd recommend them.

We had water damage so ServiceMaster had to come in with superheaters. They had to cut a swatch out of the ceiling to dry up the floor from above. They also did a sanitation cleanup and inspection. They did an outstanding job and I was very impressed. The customer service was excellent and their responsiveness was sensational. The service was handled through our insurance company in terms of paying for it, but the prices were very reasonable. I could not have asked for anybody better. The people were very pleasant to deal with and they got the job done on time.

A mixing valve in the shower busted and the ceiling got flooded. ServiceMaster Restore handled everything very well. However, I had the painter come in twice as the ceiling wasn't dry enough and the stains were starting to show fully. Everything was done on the moisture meter and he has put the Kilz, the stain thing, an oil-base, then he put latex. He then told me that I may want to call the insurance company to let them know about it, so that way the insurance covers me again, and that he would write a report on it. I couldn't ask for a better service. The men were so dedicated and timely fashion. I was very pleased. I hope I never have to use them again. I wrote a nice email to one of their head and explained everything. I told them the men that came right from the head honcho down to the other ones were excellent.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

We’re very pleased with ServiceMaster. They know what they’re doing and got right to the job. They worked eight hours, there was no messing around, and did a wonderful job. Max, the senior of the two, was terrific. They got the job done and cleaned up after themselves.

There was a fire at the house, so it was through the insurance agency that ServiceMaster was contacted to do the mitigation of the property. However, it’s been a long distance experience because I live in Florida and the ServiceMaster Restore work is being done in South Bend. But so far, I’ve been pleased with everything they’ve done. They've both worked well together with me and kept in contact with me. And if I have any questions, I’m free to call them. So I’m very pleased with the situation so far. They’re going to start work this weekend with the restoration. They’ve sent me pictures and from what I saw, they were very detailed in the work about cleaning it up and removing the debris. Overall, they’ve made it very easy for me because they’ve taken a lot of worry out of the project for me.

ServiceMaster did something in Wisconsin for us. There was a water damage on the tile and carpeting so we had them clean it out. They were professional, they were on time and they did whatever they said they were gonna do. I would recommend them.

I had a sewer backup in my house on February 25, 2017. My insurance company sent ServiceMaster to clean up the mess. At first everything seemed to be fine. They cut out my wet carpet and sacked the sewage out of my house. They were here for about 4 hours. They told me they were here long enough and the sewage was still coming in, and they would be back the next day. They never showed up.

When I called the contractor assigned to us he told me that he didn't believe that I had any insurance for sewer backup and he would not return because he felt he wouldn't get payment for any of the work. I called my insurance company and they sent a different company to finish the job. I found out today that ServiceMaster sent a bill to my insurance company for $5700.00 for the four hours of emergency services they provided. I have $25000.00 in insurance coverage for sewage backup. So they have stolen over 20% of my money for the replacement of carpets, tiles, drywall, wall unit, not to mention the bathroom shower needs replacing.

$5700.00 for 4 hours work. I think I'm in the wrong business. I should get into a business like theirs where I can take advantage of people who are suffering a huge loss. I still have to pay the other company that actually finished the clean up. Which means I probably will not have enough money left to repair my house. So if your insurance company send ServiceMaster as your first response you best tell your insurance company to let them know you're covered or they won't be very nice to you and in the end they will RIP YOU OFF.

Our experience with ServiceMaster Restore was very good. We had a roof leak which came through the ceiling. Their technician called and made an appointment to come out. He was prompt and did his work in a professional manner. He cut a space in the ceiling, took out wet insulation and blww it. We had the blowers on for about three days. When that was complete, he came back and taped up the area that was open until the interior people could take care of that. He was the only person who did the whole work. By the way, the entire project is a work in progress. It isn't complete yet, we just had the roof set repaired. We're waiting for another company to come in to do the patchwork paint and put additional insulation in the ceiling. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ServiceMaster Restore to a friend.

The middle floor of our tri-level home flooded due to a refrigerator leak and we had a lot of mold and water damage. I was referred to ServiceMaster by our contractor and they were the most helpful of all the different companies that came in. I couldn't say enough good things about them. Within a day of calling Ryan, the guy who we dealt with the most, was out here the next day and started the process. He was very informative and let us know when and how many of his guys were going to be here on each day. He kept us in the loop the whole time. Also, my fiance's kind of freaking out about the whole situation and he really made her feel at ease with it.

With every step they took, they made sure to tell us what they were doing, why they were doing it and why we needed it. It was great and it made the process a lot less painful than it probably could have been. It was also really helpful considering the circumstances and everybody else I had coming in the house between an asbestos guy or the actual contractor and things like that. The technicians were awesome and on the ball. And when they were done, our house was better than it was when we bought it in May. I kind of learned a few things from them as well. It's also a blessing in disguise knowing the mold issue was there as they found an underlying problem. They even pointed out why we have mold here and why they were taking care of it. I've recommended them to others.

My insurance contacted ServiceMaster Restore and they came out immediately. They discovered that it was more water damage than what we assumed it was, so that was great. They went right to work and did everything that they were supposed to do. They came back everyday and checked. It was my only bathroom so I had to move out, and they locked up everything. However, when I went home to get clothes, I noticed that there was dust everywhere - over my handmade wool rug, my custom-made $1500 sofa and a custom chair that was $1000. They didn't cover my things up.

When I expressed my anger, they sent the same people out. And these people came out, apologized and cleaned everything until it was perfect. They even brought an air-scrubber to scrub off the dust out of the air because I was having an upper respiratory problem at that time. They also went to my bedroom and made sure everything was clean. They did a superb job towards the end and I was very pleased. And then they covered everything up because, at this point, they were getting ready for the restoration company to have contractors come in to do the final job to fix my place up.

Also the project manager, Lise, was great. Another thing that I really appreciated was when the other project manager came out when Lise couldn't make it. They were teamed up to watch and make sure that the guys did everything that they were supposed to do. And waited for me to come home to make sure that I was satisfied with the job. For me, that was excellent. I'd recommend this company.

Our water tank leaked and there was flooding in the basement. I called State Farm and they referred ServiceMaster. So I called ServiceMaster and they were right out here. Their rep was thorough and explained a lot. The technicians were professional, polite and know what they were doing.

We had a flood in our basement due to the failure of our sump pump. So we called a couple of different places but wouldn't help us and the place that came out very promptly was Service Master Restore. It was a very awful and hectic day because my husband was also having surgery, so my brother-in-law met them when they came. They are out of Racine but still came on that day and got the sands and stuff and did a really good job. We really liked the person who came out. He explained that he'd been with the company a long time and was very nice, professional and helpful. I was very grateful that this place came out and we will be referring this place to my husband's clients.

We had a flooding in the basement, and our insurance called ServiceMaster. They came out that day. They were prompt and efficient. They did their work, left and came back every day to check on it. We were very satisfied with that. The basement is dry now, and there's no mold, and that's the important thing. It's just that the bill at the end was a real shocker.

They sent a very misleading letter which said we owed them money. We had to call our insurance company and have them check it out. That part was not very good. It is something that they have to improve on. They need to bill the insurance company, not the customer. But the rest of the service is excellent. Their representatives were very friendly, cooperative and helpful.

I had a flood in my home from a broken pipe from a winter storm which put about 25,000 gallons of water through a 6,000 square foot house. ServiceMaster's technicians were immediately out to my home and they got their job done. I had their cellphone numbers and they were available when I needed them. I worked directly with Jason and he was fantastic. On the first day, they had somebody come in to get my art, my electronics and my clothes. They were like the project managers for me, which really helped. They made a really bad situation bearable.

I had a water hose break in the ceiling on Friday the 13th. The insurance company contacted ServiceMaster Restore and they were there in the morning of the 14th. For the following nine days, they were there every day, doing everything we wanted them to do and they were right on the money. It was good and I was very happy with them.

ServiceMaster Restore did a great job. We had a flood at the house with water pipes breaking and once I called the insurance company, they had ServiceMaster set up. They were in the house really quick right after the first call. They were very respectful of our home and got to work right away. Bryan and the people working with him did a nice job. We're very happy with how they handled everything even if we're not really finished yet with the project.

I picked ServiceMaster Restore to get going on my flood problem and scheduling the service was easy. I have a number to talk to the guy who was in charge of a lot of stuff. The flood problem was a destructive thing and I was so thrilled because they took everything out though I would've liked them to move faster. I was trying to be there at the end of the drying process so the insurance adjuster could look and give me an estimate and there was a lot of work that I didn't see that I know they did very well. So that was good. They're not totally finished with the service yet but so far, so good. I would recommend ServiceMaster Restore.

My hot water tank exploded all over the place. I called my insurance company and they sent ServiceMaster. The technicians came, set up some equipment, took my rug up, and dried my floor. They informed me what they were doing. However, I was left in the dark if ServiceMaster has finished the service or not. They said they had to come up but I didn't know who was supposed to be responsible for taking it up if it's ServiceMaster or the guys who laid my carpet. But other than that, they were very thorough and I would use them again.

When ServiceMaster came out, they checked to see where the water was at and set up several blowers. There were four upstairs and five downstairs, and three in the basement and humidifiers on each floor. They were very thorough and got the job done. They came by every day and checked on things. The guys were really fantastic. They're very friendly and tolerant of my big Rottweiler who can be a little obnoxious when trying to get them to play with him. They were just really easy to work with. I was very happy with them.

Our basement flooded and ServiceMaster came and cleaned it all up. We got a dumpster and a pod and they put everything in there so I thought they were pretty good. It was very relieving to have them around and taking care of all our problems. I was satisfied with them and they made me feel at ease so all I had to worry about was the insurance company.

ServiceMaster Restore was excellent. When our heater flooded our upstairs, they came right away and immediately began to dry out our home. They explained everything, gave us contact information, came back when they said they would, and were very helpful. The guy was in Reading which is an hour away from us and it took three hours from scheduling to the techs getting to our house. They were wonderful and respectful of our home. We had to have our flooring ripped up but they dried everything out and saved as much as they could. ServiceMaster Restore provided great service which was what they advertised. I was completely satisfied.

We had a flood here in town and I ended up with 18 inches of water in my basement. As soon as everything receded, I called ServiceMaster and within the same day they were here. They looked it over, gave me an estimate and put in the drying fan because I'm highly allergic to mold and mildew and that type of flood is gonna produce that. So, they were very helpful in getting that dried out immediately.

I knew that there were many houses here in town that ServiceMaster was working on, but they got me in four days, which was amazing. While my basement was drying out, they cleaned it all up and put things back in. They left their dehumidifiers and dryers here to make sure that all of the water was dried up. Then they came back within a day and collected that stuff and everything's been fine. Whenever I talked to them they were professional, polite and caring. When you live in a small town, you feel like you're just a number but they were understanding of what was going on and considerate of my schedule as well.

We were in shock when we discovered the damage so there was an emotional problem right there. The damage began in the unit above mine. ServiceMaster was called out to attend to that unit and they knew there was water problem in my unit. They came out and were professional, courteous and informative. They knew what they were doing and they got going very quickly and it was a relief. They did the job as fast as they could and that was a key factor. They left their card in the door before I could get there. Once we got over that emotional shock, ServiceMaster really performed great. It could have been a lot worse but they were prompt, proactive, and were fantastic.

We had a great experience with ServiceMaster Restore. They cleaned the traffic lanes and got some spots out. I didn’t think I’d get the service as quickly as I did. I wanted it before Christmas, but I had no idea they’d come out that quick, which was great. The people were very informative, friendly and accommodating. They were wonderful.

Everything was okay with ServiceMaster Restore and I didn't have any complaints with them. The technicians who came were friendly and nice, and did a good job. They searched for water leak and molds in my kitchen.

ServiceMaster Restore did a mitigation service, removing the damaged areas of our house and they did a great job. Scheduling the service with them also came out fine. Everybody did a great job. They all seemed to be professional and helpful, so I didn't have any problems.

The people from ServiceMaster were really great and easy to work with. They came in, did their job, explained things to me as they went and let me know what they were going to do the next day. The asbestos guy was awesome to work with. He was really nice to us. My daughter stepped on a nail, and he helped her because I was out in the front yard. In fact, he also pulled out extra screws and stuff that the abatement team left behind. We didn’t even know there were screws in there and we had just gotten home. He went above and beyond.

We had water damage, and ServiceMaster did the dry out and reconstruction process. My insurance company made the contact and asked if I was okay with ServiceMaster. Then ServiceMaster called me back and they were set up for the service. There were no issues with anybody that came with the subcontractors that they had. On the first day, they brought some boxes for me to help pack things up. Then I was told when the packers came on Thursday, they had brought some boxes and stuff that they could use on Friday when the packers were going to come and help me put everything in the pod on the property so they can do all the dry out and reconstruction.

I was told they were to have all the boxes, bubble wrap, and everything I would need in order to pack up my belongings. When they got there, nobody had anything so that was a little disappointing and then when we put things into the storage pod such as my mattresses , there was nothing to wrap them in or anything like that. Other than that, I have no problem recommending ServiceMaster out to anybody.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

ServiceMaster Restore
1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis