Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.67/5
Based on 1,305 ratings

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

ServiceMaster Restore Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: March 1, 2020

My husband and I recently had a water leak in our home. We called our insurance company who recommended ServiceMaster, and we are so glad they did. Alex came out to our home the same day to evaluate the leak. He was super professional and helpful in determining the cause. The next day, Collin and Jason came to mitigate the damage. They were very knowledgeable and completed the work in no time. They took the time to explain the issue and next steps. The next few days, Alex returned to assess the areas and treat the subfloor with antimicrobial spray. After a few days, Josh and Jason returned to complete the mitigation and remove the air scrubbers. They made a difficult situation much easier than I anticipated. We're so glad we chose ServiceMaster for our home and highly recommend this company to all. Thanks again to Alex, Jason, Collin, and Josh for your professionalism and expertise!

ServiceMaster Restore response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about ServiceMaster Restore. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

My home was destroyed by a flood caused by a water pipe and leaking roof. They removed the Mold and Mildew areas, repaired everything in an amazing amount of time. The workers were respectful and helpful. Explained everything, and helped in every way they could. Were very knowledgeable, and the work was finished and it turned out great. I recommend anyone in my position. To call them. You won't regret it. Amazing work and great employees. Best company all around.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Get buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Benjamin and Joseph were excellent! As a single mother these gentlemen went out of their way to make the mold remediation as quick and painless as possible. They were not only quick and efficient, but explained the process every step of the way. They showed up early, and called me each and every day. The mold remediation took place over the Thanksgiving holiday, so their professionalism truly helped get me through an extremely hectic time. I would recommend this company over any other as they treated me like a person and not a number. I'd give more stars if I could!

ServiceMaster Restore response

We’re delighted to read your feedback about ServiceMaster Restore Amanda! Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience. We aim to provide the Perfect service for each customer!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

My house burnt in June of 2018. It was a great loss. ServiceMaster was assigned to the job starting with the packing and removal of both damaged and undamaged items. They did such a wonderful job. They not only rebuilt to a more valuable but a much more beautiful home. I lost my mother in the fire. Her keepsakes were treated like their own. Which meant everything. Some things could not be replaced. But they made sure that items that could be saved were cleaned and repaired to the highest quality. If anything ever happened to me again they would be my choice in restoration services. They go above and beyond what they are required to do.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

I called Service Master Restore because 2 plumbers who came out said we had sewage and standing water under the house and it had to be cleaned up before they could get in there and find and fix the leak. We had Cameron ** and Brandon come out to look at what needed to be done and give an estimate. I let them know that I would not be home but my adult son would be. My son said they were very polite and went right to work. Brandon went under the house while my son turned on water from all over the house to see what was leaking and where it was. They not only found the leak but were able to tell us exactly where it was and took a video of it. They let us know that there was no sewage and no standing water just wet dirt and small food particles from the garbage disposal. They said that really the only thing needed was a plumber to fix the leak, and that they did not have to clean up anything.

WOW, I had tears in my eyes because I knew how much this could have cost us but they were very honest and said "Nope nothing needed to be done on their part." Cameron, Brandon you are my heroes, thank you for your honesty. If I EVER need a restoration company you will be the first and only people/company I will call. And I will be telling everyone about you. Dorena **

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: May 28, 2020

City sewage backed up into my basement during the Covid lock-down. Anthony and Jose from ServiceMaster were Amazing. They did a very thorough and complete job, patiently answered all my questions and addressed my concerns. They helped me deal with the City as much as they could, explained everything to me and kept coming back on a daily basis until my basement was completely dry and all of the fecal tainted items in my basement were thrown out.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Thank you, Jen! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: April 22, 2020

Owner seemed great on the phone. I explained the issue with my new carpet thoroughly, repeated it to the technician who arrived. Left the tech to do his work and found out he went into a room I didn't request (this was a very simple job). I needed a small hallway and some stairs cleaned. Now I have a basement that already has a moisture issue completely damp and wet because I wasn't consulted before the tech decided to do an extra area. Called to speak to the owner and was told I'm too stressed and they don't need customers like me who expect a specific job to get done. Now I can't lay plastic to finish the remodel I'm working on and I've taken a day's loss in time and have to buy a dehumidifier. Owner needs a lesson in manners. Avoid this company like the plague.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

I am from Chicago. 1 month back I am facing very bad water damage problem at my home. I fed up calling so many services. Finally, I decided to call ServiceMaster Restore in Chicago. They helped me a lot by cleaning my home very well. I am very much impressed that also in very affordable price. Highly recommended if you want to plumb and cleaning services in Chicago.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Thank you, Emily! We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

Recently, I called this business after a 6 inch rain over 3 hours that caused water into our basement in Waterford, Ct. The person I spoke with, who answers their after hours calls was very professional. She said we were the first call after the heavy rain. She said she would contact the crew and they would be at our house immediately after they picked up the equipment. That was about 5:30 AM, but the two man crew didn't show up until 8:45!! More than 3 hours after my call. Their business is about 10-15 mins from our house.

The two man crew arrived with a single water extractor connected to the truck so they only had to move the hose and nozzle to the basement. They were there for a total of 4 hours and left one dehumidifier at the house after we declined the multiple fans for an estimated cost of $1000 a day. They returned 24 hours after they left to retrieve the dehumidifier.

A few days later we received a bill via email that was not itemized for a total over $2300!!! Which works out to more than $500 per hour! When I called up and asked why we didn't receive an itemized bill I was told they only do that for insurance claims. I asked the manager why he would think a homeowner paying out of pocket would be any less interested in how they were being charged than an insurance company.

Good thing I did ask for an itemized bill. The itemized bill arrived a few days later and listed around $500 for application of a "plant based anti fungal" agent to the floor. The only problem was THEY NEVER APPLIED this product. In addition, we were charged for work on a room they never touched. They also took the widest and longest dimensions of every room they did work on without taking into consideration builtins like bookcases and a long bar, for example, that took up considerable square footage that were never treated. Another example, they took the widest and longest dimensions of a bathroom without deducting the space occupied by the shower or the vanity which occupied more than half the square footage of that room.

They did similar miscalculations on the other rooms as well. They also charged us for 2 hours of setup and take down. Keep in mind that covers taking a hose, (not the motor, just the hose) back and forth from the basement and bringing down and removing a dehumidifier. Two hours for those tasks which accounts for half the total time they were there!!!

I contacted the owner after writing an email to the local manager and requested the owner call me, which he did. Instead of apologizing for the charging us for an application that was never done, he tried to defend the error by saying. "99 percent of customers would have had that done". As far as the miscalculations and the room that was never done, he defended those errors by saying the crew "was new". I also pointed out they bumped the cost of the 24 hour rental for their dehumidifier about $30. When I pointed that out to the owner, he said the crew didn't know the cost of the dehumidifier. I agreed and said an employee from the crew, Steve, told us he didn't know and called the home office and then quoted $71 for 24 hours. The bill showed a rental fee for over $100!

We subsequently received a revised bill that was about $1000 less that reflected a deduction for the room that wasn't treated, a correction on the dehumidifier rental rate and a deduction for the anti-fungal agent that was never applied. What wasn't included was an apology for their multiple mistakes. Regardless, although we felt that was still outrageous, we didn't have a choice and paid the bill immediately. But that wasn't the end.

A few days later another bill arrived by regular mail, billing us for the difference between the original bill and the revised bill!!! Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight. I sent another email to the owner and demanded a receipt indicating the bill had been paid in full which we got a few days later, again, absent any apology for their ongoing multiple mistakes. If I hadn't demanded an itemized bill we would have paid even more than the outrageous charges we ended up paying in the end. Clearly they were more interested in taking advantage of people when they are at their most vulnerable times.

We have since talked with many others about their experiences with similar situations and they were as shocked as we were when I told them the amount we were charged before and after the revised bill. We also contacted another professional restoration business and gave them the square footage and asked for an estimate and was told, about $700 maximum! This business apparently doesn't have a conscience either and don't even know the words, "Sorry. we apologize for the many mistakes we made." They don't recognize how far the words, "I am sorry" or "we made a mistake" could go with their (former) customers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

They hire outside people to paint, tile, etc. We decided to upgrade our bathroom tile at our expense and hired a reputable tile person. When they taped off the wall to protect the new paint job all the paint came off because they painted over dust and dirt instead of prepping the walls first. I could write at length about their shoddy work. The deal breaker is the leather living room set they threw away that I specifically asked them not to more than once because of matching table's wood. They claimed they were streaked and I wanted to see them and see if the streaks could be fixed or repaired. They damaged pieces of a nice heavy bedroom set taking it out of our home for "cleaning".

They hire young cheap labor that is clueless. It's overwhelming to have smoke/fire damage. I think that they make bad decisions regarding cleaning that are contradictory. Hire your own cleaners for clothing, floor/carpet replacement, painting, etc. This company is all about a big money grab. They descended on our home and grabbed up so much of our stuff most of which was not necessary. We were still in disbelief about what was going on and they are all too happy to take advantage of that. Beware they are awful and disrespectful of your vulnerability.

ServiceMaster Restore author review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal business. In addition to mold removal, ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
      We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
      What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
      ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
      How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
      We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
      What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
      One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
      How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
      One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
      What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
      ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
      Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
      Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
      How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
      ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
      3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
      Memphis