Call toll free
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1286 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 29, 2019

Would not use this company again. Had an ice dam during winter storm, master bedroom carpet became wet, called this company. They responded right away. Sent two service personal out which assessed damage, wanted to tear open the wall. Could not tell me if there was any damage or large amounts of water. They brought in dryer units pulled up carpet, removed baseboard and proceeded to dry out carpet, and bottom of wall. Said they will check each day's progress. They returned two day later, and said they got tied up and couldn't get out till then.

Carpet was dry and once again couldn't assess any damage to wall. I told them we were not going to pull the wall board out and asked to have the carpet and baseboard repaired. They told me they don't do that (their agreement we both signed said they do) they pick up their equipment and left. I received a bill for $922 dollars and had to pay another company $200.00 to replace the pad they cut and re-stretch the carpet and repair the baseboard. I paid the bill but will never use this company again, and will tell any one else of their poor performance and that they don't keep their agreements.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I agreed on State Farm’s suggestion to have ServiceMaster come in and repair damage due to a burst pipe. The clean up was quick and painless. That’s when my nightmare began. A crew was hired to install installation, drywall, tape, spackle, prime and paint. They came in over a two week period to complete the job. Before completion I notifiers the job manager that the spackling was not smooth, I could see lines where the old and new drywall meet, the paint was everywhere including on my window and bifold doors, I saw roller lines in the paint, it was not edged properly and the floor molding was not even. My bulkhead has exposed tape lines, uneven spackling and was two shades of white.

The manager visited my home and pointed out a few areas to fix. None of it was fixed except for a touch up on the white molding. I demanded a walk through and the manager marked 15 spots that we agreed needed fixed. He simply said that he was overwhelmed having 30 jobs that he didn’t give each one his full attention but, “that didn’t mean we deserved this mess.” So he arranged for his contractor to come in again and fix the mess. After the first day, when he spackled, there were still areas not even touched with spackle (large divots especially where the wall meets the ceiling). Not to mention the guy got spackle on my brand new $500 carpet that the manager directly said he wanted covered, “wall to wall.”

Drop cloths were laid instead and I was told some may have dropped off when he picked them up?! No apology, nothing! I called the GM and he said he would put a completely different crew on the job to fix the mistakes of the first crew. I told him this was a huge inconvenience of my time, space, and energy in having to constantly contact people to fix this. He said sarcastically, “what do you want...money for your pain and suffering?” He quickly retracted his statement and apologized saying, “I’m sorry it’s a Friday night.” I reluctantly agreed to have a new crew come out believing they would fix the nightmare.

They spent 2.5 days at my home spackling and painting. After the second day I expressed concerns that the molding was still uneven, the bulkhead was two shades of white, there were spackling spot unsanded, paint on my floor molding, paint on my entertainment center, and bifold doors. The GM came out and again marked spots we both agreed needed fixed. They completed the work today. The molding is uneven, the bulkhead has uneven spackling, there is a large swirl of paint-coverup behind my couch, paint on my molding and spots not sanded correctly.

I text the GM 8 pictures of issues along with a text that said I had no confidence that ServiceMaster can ever fix their mistakes. He said he’d send me an invoice and we could discuss the bill. I called the GM and added the work wasn’t perfect because of existing structures. This made absolutely no sense. He raised his voice at me and told me he wasn’t going to send anyone in to fix the work and that he would send me an invoice. He hung up on me. This is where I’m at currently. Very unprofessional.

Original review: March 7, 2019

We had a fire. The adjustor recommended Service Master Restore Orlando to do the cleanup. I agreed. At first they were very responsive. The guys who actually did the cleanout were great. Then things went sideways. I left phone messages and written messages on their corporate site. When contact was finally made, I was told "that's a different department. We don't get messages that way". The manager/owner also told me "That's not how we operate". (So it is my fault that their departments do not talk to one another and I should have known better.)

In order to get paid by the insurance company I had to provide a quote for the demolition of the old shed/barn. I waited for weeks and weeks. (The entire process took about 6 months. Much of it just waiting for Service Master.) Repeated phone calls. No response. Finally the insurance company contacted them and Service Master replied immediately with apologies for the delay and blamed me for the poor communication.

Now I get the bill. Talk about overcharge. 4 dumpsters were needed. I happen to know what they actually cost. The charge on the bill was 249% of the original charge. That's 149% profit for making a phone call to have the dumpster delivered and taken away. They took an old refrigerator to be cleaned up. Their truck was already in my yard. Their staff was present and on the clock. The distance between the dumpster and truck was about 20 feet. There was a $100 pick up charge listed.

The 2 owners showed up one day to install bracing in the shed so it did not collapse on the workers. They walked around, looked the site over. We had conversations and they spent a bit of time installing some 4x4s and 2x12s. The bill showed 16 hours of carpenter work. Isn't it their responsibility to show up and make sure the job is going right? Should I be charged for that? Should I have to pay for the chat time? I guarantee that the 2 owners did not work as carpenters for 8 hours each that day.

Now I have the money from the insurance company. I get an email from one of the owners saying they would like to drop off my Fridge and get paid. Please let them know a good day and time. It is Tuesday. I respond Immediately. "Friday, any time before 3:30. Please let me know when you are coming". Thursday, I send another email. "I need to know if and when you are coming tomorrow". Friday 4 PM another email "I guess you are not coming today. When can we make arrangements?"

I get a phone call from the other partner (once again apologizing) and he tells me that I used an email address they no longer use. What??? I simply replied to the message they sent me. Basically, once they have the job, they will contact/respond to you when they feel like it. And it will be your fault that they do not have good internal communication in their company. If you respond to their emails it will be your fault for not using their current email address in your reply. Everyone is entitled to a profit but, in my opinion, the upcharges I saw were way overboard. Bottom line. Their workers do a great job, but the headaches, lack of responsiveness and overcharges are not worth it in my opinion. My recommendation: find someone else.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

ServiceMaster Restore came out to do a scheduled cleaning of my carpet. The technician did a good job and was friendly. I also used a coupon they gave me after the patch service and I paid $40 less. Scheduling service with this company has been great and I've had good interactions with both their customer service and technicians.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I had a weather-related damage to my roof, which resulted in the water coming through the roof to my kitchen ceiling and damaging the ceiling. It was covered by homeowner's insurance. They gave me two companies, so I contacted both and ServiceMaster had the quickest response. ServiceMaster was great. They were very patient because this was my first homeowner's claim, and it just really wasn't clear on what they needed. I just know the insurance company said I had to mitigate my damages, but ServiceMaster was helpful in walking me through the process and understanding the options in terms of if I have to pay for it beforehand or that may not have to. They just wanted me to know both circumstances that were possible, which was helpful because at least that prepared me if it wasn't covered for with insurance right away. And then, they gave me an estimate of what it might be.

The technicians were great. There were two and they both were very professional, and they indulged my questions. They have very good customer service and they were genuinely trying to be helpful and trying to get me in a comfortable place with all that they had to do, with the leaving of the machine and helping me to understand because it was a really big drying machine. Then they took care to tell me they couldn't do it the way they would usually do it because I had insulation that was the fluffy kind, so they didn't want it all over the place. It was one thing that they did not do that would allow the insulation to not blow all over the place, so I appreciated that because my concern was how much insulation I would be eating while waiting for this process to finish.

They did a great job. The roofing guy put up a small tarp. He called me back and let me know what he did, 'cause he did it while I was at home. They sealed up the opening in the kitchen with plastic so that nothing else would come through and cold air would be minimized with entering the home. I haven't had anything and what they've done has sustained, so that was great.

They were very patient and that's always good in these situations because I have damage to my property. It's a process that I have to go through to some degree and the inconvenience that I have to go through because I have to take off work to let people in. But they were accommodating to my schedule. It's the best they could be, so that was helpful.

ServiceMaster Restore response

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

A branch fell through my roof and my home insurance got me in touch with ServiceMaster Restore which was a recommended provider with them. They submitted payments and I scheduled the work. ServiceMaster came and fixed the hole. I had a good experience then but water got in and there was water damage. They will need to come back and fix that but I'm waiting for that to happen. They have a lot of staff but through every process, I spoke with somebody different. They sent an estimator out, another guy who looked at the roof and scheduled people to come out and a couple of guys who fixed the roof.

Though their service has been good, I wish it was a little quicker. I know they got a check weeks ago for the water damage and I had to call them through my insurance company notifying me that they got the check. They have the money in hand and they should be in touch with me that day. ServiceMaster hasn't been proactive and I'm not really satisfied with that aspect of their service. They got the roof done fairly quickly, but not quickly enough to avoid the rainstorm that caused the water damage. They filed to get additional money from my insurance company and they have the money but the work has not happened. I would consider using their service again but I wouldn't pay them until the work is done.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My neighbor referred ServiceMaster Restore to me for carpet cleaning, and I’ve used them ever since. I recently had them do the routine carpet cleaning, and everything was wonderful when I scheduled the service. I've used them about five times already and my experience has always been good. Their technicians have all been really good. The last technician we had was probably the best. He was very thorough. I had a couple of stains that I was concerned about, and he was most diligent about getting those stains out, and he did. I asked him if I could request him next time, and he said that I could.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I had an emergency. My water heater exploded and flooded my living room. It was awful. My insurance agent sent ServiceMaster out. After I talked with the insurance agent, ServiceMaster contacted me right away to let me know when they were gonna come and if it was okay if they came at 7:00 because they were booked. I was just very happy that they were gonna come on the same day. Then they got there. I was extremely stressed out. But they were wonderful and they were even really patient with me and would repeat what they were saying, making sure I understood, which I really appreciate.

I must’ve been so annoying for them but they never made me feel that way. They were just so great and really thoughtful. I have a dog and they were really considerate about that, which is nice ‘cause just trying to arrange for all these people coming inside of my house is a lot. They came back with the insurance person and just were on top of it with getting everything done. Both Diego and Hector were the two that I worked with the most from there and they were fantastic.

They had to check for asbestos before they could do anything, which sucked because I was waiting for them to be able to cut open the wall. But that was standard protocol based on how old the place was. Then they put the dehumidifiers up and just ride it out at an extremely hot temperature. That was unbearable, so I pretty much was living in my bedroom for that week. They had to cut open the wall, rip out the carpet, take off the baseboards, and it just had to dry out. I needed to not be in my area because of how hot it was. After they were finished, it was excellent. If you’re going through such a disaster like that, that’s who you want to take care of you. I can’t believe that I actually filled them with gratitude after going through such a horrible situation. They were just great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

Our kitchen sink broke under the house and we had a raised foundation. The water was pouring out from the kitchen sink. The reason we noticed anything at all ever, was because there was a smell coming in the kitchen. We didn't know where it was coming from. So, we had a plumber come out. He went down, saw the broken pipes, saw the mold, and that was when I called ServiceMaster. I had ServiceMaster come out and pick out the dirt that was growing mold. I contacted them directly because I knew of them from the flood that I had at my house in November. The reps that came out then were perfect. They did the work and were communicative.

This time, they came out, the guy got under there and he said it was not mold. It was calcium coming from under the ground and they didn't have to do anything. I asked where was the smell coming from? He just ignored me and he kept saying that it was calcium and that they don't remove calcium. I told him that it was mold and the plumber told me that it was fungus. He gave me the name of the plumber that would come out and fix the pipes without having the dirt removed.

I called the plumber. The plumber came out and went under there and was saying there were molds growing everywhere and we had to have it removed. So, I called ServiceMaster back, and I said they needed to come out and take it out. So, the guy came out again. He came out, he called my husband instead of calling me and said it was not mold, it was calcium. And they don't remove calcium.

He was like, "Mold doesn't grow on dirt." I told him, "it doesn't, but it grows on food." Every time I used the kitchen sink and did dishes and put food down the garbage disposal, it came out of the pipe. He said, "Oh, this is a sewer." I said yes. He said he'd call the office and would come back out there tomorrow to remove the dirt. So, three days later, he came out and removed the dirt. He did it in one day. Everything's fine since then, but that was a little out of contact. This was the third time using ServiceMaster and this was the only time I had that kind of problem. But they've always been really good.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We are really happy and satisfied with ServiceMaster Restore's service. I was in an urgent situation and they responded efficiently when I scheduled for service. The techs came over several days after I made the appointment and it was suitable for our schedule. There was a mister who came over to do the upstairs evaluation and observation first. He went over the whole crawl space, too. It was a huge help for us because we also noticed that we had a mold issue and he did the extra work for us. After that, he had the estimation and they sent us the quotation. We started the treatment immediately due to the mold issue. They came over to do the mold cleaning including the crawl space.

They helped us and they were professional and were detail-oriented to let us know how the process was going and what kind of things we needed to expect. They also provided some advisement. We were tied up, undergoing to do the claim process, and by some put in writing or email, they helped us to have some proof, so it helped a lot. I've been looking for their professional service and it was the best decision.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

ServiceMaster was called by State Farm to repair our water damage in Oct. They came, dried out walls and floors. They removed our area rugs to pro clean. Called Amy ** with ServiceMaster in Nov. to get rugs returned. Called back in DEC. Also had State Farm call in Dec. I was finally told the guy that removed rugs was no longer with the company and they had lost the rugs. It is now Jan. They still have not replaced my rugs and will not contact me.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We were away for about four and a half months, and we had water damage in the house. We had a water dispenser on the kitchen sink for drinking water and the filter for the unit was under the cabinet. Somehow, it came disengaged on the mounting bracket, and it fell. When it did, the hose disengaged, so we had water running out of its tubing. We had somebody check the house, but it might’ve run for up to a week. It ran all through the kitchen, under the wall, and into the dining room. More than half of the cabinets had to come out because it got into the drywall behind the cabinets. All those out had to be ripped out. It destroyed the countertops and we had to have all the drywall replaced in those areas as well as about two-thirds of the dining room. The dining room wood floor was destroyed. It had to be replaced and taken out.

I called the insurance company immediately when the person that was checking on our house for us called me, and within three hours, they had ServiceMaster Restore at the house. I wasn’t here but I was communicating with them over the phone and by text and email. Our main contact was Dan and he was professional, extremely responsive, very cooperative, and he never let us down. All the people that came to the house were very helpful. They were polite and they put booties on to minimize any mess in the house. They kept us informed all the way.

We had quite an experience trying to get the floor to dry because it was tiled and I didn’t know if I could get the replacement tiles if we rip them out to match. I didn’t want to rip them out because they went from the kitchen into the hallway, into the laundry room, and the bathroom. It was like we were gonna have to rip off all these to get new tiles to match and they worked really hard to dry the subfloor underneath as well as from the top, on the tiles to dehumidifiers, heaters, and blowers. They worked for a month trying to get it dried. They could’ve at any point said, “Forget it. We’ve done overdue, and you're gonna have to have the tiles taken out.” But Dan was insistent that he could get it dried out, and they did get it done to acceptable levels and I really appreciated that. They didn’t just leave me hanging.

I should’ve called Dan's boss and given him an endorsement because he was a great guy to deal with. We had to pack up everything in the dining room and moved everything out. There were also a couple of women who came and they packed everything really neatly. Then they came back and unpacked everything and put it all back perfectly. It was a very positive experience. Not everything with other people has gone quite as smoothly but ServiceMaster was really good.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I had busted pipes on the walls. My homeowner’s insurance scheduled a service with ServiceMaster Restore. The service was good. They put dryers on the hallway and in the bathroom. Then they found another broken pipe underneath the house. The guys were pretty personable, but I ran into one guy that was not trained to interact with the customers. I worked in retail for 45 years, so I’m used to dealing with people, and he wasn’t. I still don’t have a floor and a toilet in the bathroom, but overall, I’m pretty satisfied with them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

My sump pump stopped working and water got in the basement. ServiceMaster Restore came out and they were very experience and efficient. The work was done in two days. They came back to check to make sure everything was dry and done to my satisfaction. They were also neat, very professional and courteous. I had a bad experience before with another company before. They totally destroyed my basement. But ServiceMaster Restore made sure that the least amount of damage to my basement was done. I would use them again and I would definitely refer them to anyone else who would need this type of work done.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I had a damaged roof, and it leaked and had water come into the house. ServiceMaster came in and dried out the wood and the drywall. I wasn't pleased with how they tore some of the stuff apart. A little bit more care could've been taken when they had to tear some of the drywall out, and not to do the damage that they did. I thought they were a little bit rambunctious, but overall, the quality of their work is fairly good.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I would not contract this company again. Their work is subpar. Management is an absolute joke. ServiceMaster was contracted to restore my kitchen after my shower valve had broke and plumber had severely damaged my hot water heater cabinet to the point where they had to replace all my cabinets. First the project manager John wrote a quote for mobile home cabinets instead of standard cabinets which are vastly smaller than the original cabinets that were in my place and proceeded to tell me that those were the cabinets that were going to be installed. I was never given a choice of what was going to be installed in my home other than laminated or unfinished cabinets. I chose the unfinished cabinets so that they could be stained. John kept telling me that staining was an upgrade from the original cabinets. Not true.

My original cabinets were finished. Next came the install with another project manager Lucas. This guy was the biggest mistake ever. I implore you not to let this guy in your home. He doesn't know how to use s level. His famous quote, "who the hell uses a level in their home!" All things gone wrong. Cabinets were too small. Puzzle pieced my floor tile. Did not take out the wet insulation and replace with new. Tried to charge me for moving my hot water heater when all they did was build around it.

Broke the p trap on my kitchen sink when installing the small cabinets and tried to blame me. I paid to fix. Broke the water valve to the fridge. Again tried to blame me and I paid to fix it. Installing the small cabinets took away 24 cubic feet and I live in a condo where space means everything. Installed 22 out of 30 cabinet handles crooked (level comment). Rush job on the staining which made it look terrible. My 5 year old could have done a better job. ServiceMaster used more filler than there was actual cabinets.

Lucas and cabinet company took over 4 months to do the work in a 250 sq foot kitchen and still couldn't correct their mistakes. Job was only supposed to take 2 weeks. Contractors would show up for a few hours and leave. Lucas illegally recorded a conversation in my home without my knowledge. Lucas also modified the recording to justify his credibility to his management as to why he was always leaving and never getting the job done. My granite countertop top was cut short which left gaps between the underneath cabinet and the cabinet to the side. They put in a dual door water cabinet which had a piece of wood running across the middle so that if I have to replace the water heater, I would have to take apart the entire cabinet.

They left 6 inch gaps on both sides of the fridge stating that it is code to do so. When I looked this up, I could find no such code. They stain on my tile and balcony which not the tile has to be replaced and the balcony has to be repainted per HOA and now has to come out of my pocket. Gina the QA installation manager came and agreed the job was subpar. We made a verbal agreement stating that she would have a real cabinet company come out and redo all the cabinets. A week later she went back on her word and stated that I had to give her guys a chance to fix it by law. Never ever let this company in your home. They created more undue stress and did such a horrible job that I had to go back and get my insurance company involved.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We’re sorry to hear about your recent experience with Restore! We value your feedback and would like a chance to resolve any issues. Someone from our local office will be contacting you to help assist with your resolution.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I wanted to see how much water damage was in the wall. I called ServiceMaster Restore and they expedited my request. They came out right away to examine the water damage. The tech came in, did what he was supposed to do, and gave me an analysis. He was very nice, helpful and professional. Since the damage was confined to one wall, I told him that my husband could tear it up and he didn’t have to do anything. I would recommend ServiceMaster.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

ServiceMaster Restore was awesome. I had to get the house tarped because I lost a lot of the roof. So, I contacted ServiceMaster on a Monday night. A gentleman called me on Tuesday afternoon and said I needed some paperwork signed. So, I met him on Wednesday, and on Thursday, my roof was tarped. That was quick.

The representatives at ServiceMaster were right on the money, as far as, they were always on time for the appointments. When I met them about removing all the damaged sheetrock, I told them that I had to find somebody to move all my stuff out. And they told me they would take care of that too. So, they picked up all my household goods and they're storing them for me. It cost money, but they were right there and they did it when they said they were gonna do it. So, now, I'm just waiting for my house to get fixed.

We're looking at relocating. When we find a permanent place to take off our shoes, we'll call ServiceMaster and have them deliver our household stuff.The only thing that was kind of questionable was the packing company they hired to pick up our stuff. They weren't the most professional group in the world. I'm a retired military, and I've been through a lot of moves. And these guys were like just guys they hired off the street. They came in. They did a marginal job as far as packing up our goods. They didn't bring enough packing materials to wrap dishes and stuff. I provided them with Christmas wrap, so they could wrap up dishes and pots and pans. Also, they missed a lot. I ended up hauling two pickup truckloads of stuff to our little place we're renting because of the stuff they missed. Still, I would recommend ServiceMaster because of the fact that they were there when they said they were gonna be, and they did provide the service.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I had a backup of a sewer line in the basement. I spoke to a man from ServiceMaster Restore and I liked what he had said. He gave me an estimate on the phone, which I appreciated. He runs the office and supervises all the workers. He then came out with a crew, lowered the estimate and started to work. They restored the water damage and clean up the basement. One day, and then six days of dryers, we were finished. They were excellent people and did very nice work. All of his people were very pleasant to deal with and we were very pleased. If we have any projects in the future, we would definitely look favorably and look forward to using them again.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

The carpet was dirty because it hadn't been cleaned for a long time and we had ServiceMaster several years ago. We decided to do it again and they did an excellent job. The reps were very nice and good too. They're the best. Use them.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

We had a flood in our basement and scheduling a service with ServiceMaster Restore was too easy. They came out within less than two hours after I called them and took care of everything. They were very fast, very professional, and knew exactly what to do. They laid out what they were gonna do and worked their jobs. They dried the basement out in 4 or 5 days and cleaned up. The basement is somewhat back to normal except for a little bit of water damage. But because they came out so quickly, we were able to save a ton of stuff. They were excellent and they took a lot of stress out of my wife.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I have a rental and my tenants called me and said that there was a leak there. And I sent a plumber over and he found that the leak was worse than just a small leak and there was some mold. So, I called ServiceMaster and they went right out. They got right on it. Scheduling the service with them went fine. There was a lot of people in the office. You get different people all the time but everything was great. They would give my concern to someone that could help me. I worked with Sean and he was always very nice and helpful and answered my questions and concerns. I’ve appreciated their work. I feel like they’ve been working hard for me to get everything done through my insurance. The test came back negative, so that was great. The air quality came back good, so they did a good job. The job is kind of half done. But I'm very satisfied at this point.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I came home from a vacation and I had a broken water pipe. I had it frozen from a faucet and a shut-off valve was cracked so I had probably 150 gallons of water in the basement. It was quite a mess. I checked my insurance company the next morning and they gave me the number for ServiceMaster to come in and dry out my system. ServiceMaster came on time and Ralph came back about 4 times to double check to make sure everything was dried out. They did an an excellent job of drying the basement out and cleaning out all the wet carpeting squares that I had down there. Other than when I had to call him back because he left one of his pants in my basement, there was no problem. Right now, I’m in the process of rebuilding my basement.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I had a water leak on a washing machine, and ServiceMaster came in, and took out the flooring, and dried it all up for me. It’s a weekend home I needed the work at, and they came to my residence, and that’s two hours away. So, I made a trip to the other house just for nothing because they didn’t show up. But they did a great job. I was really happy and very satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I had a roof that was leaking and needed repairs, and ServiceMaster replaced it. Scheduling the service was great and I had a positive experience with their representative. They did everything as they promised. The technicians were very professional, they kept their promises, and everything was done on time. They did a good job. I would definitely recommend ServiceMaster if I know somebody looking for roofers.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

So far, I’ve been pleased with ServiceMaster. The drainage line from the sump pump to the main drain ruptured, and I had water everywhere, somewhere like three inches in the basement. They came in and tore up the old carpet and replaced and removed it. They dried the rooms out. They brought in dehumidifiers and fans until the area was dry. They removed the damaged drywall and they placed everything in the center of the room until we could get the repairs begun. They also brought in a gentleman that checked out the breaker box, and they had to replace all the breakers as they were water damaged and rusting.

They did an excellent job while they were there. They were very efficient and cleaned up after themselves. They put a lock box on my door and discovered that because of the design of the lock box, my garage door would not stay closed, but if you jiggle the handle with the lock box on it, the door would open. So, they put it on the front door which was more secure. They could’ve gone and not even said anything to me, but they were very forthright about everything. I’m at the point now where I’m waiting for the reconstruction crew to come in and replace the drywall and do the restoration work.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

My parents had a very large tree fall into their house. They filed a claim through their insurance and then ServiceMaster worked on the claim. They came out the same day and they were great. They cared, were prompt and made it easy. Jeremy is a superstar and he deserves a giant raise. The tree was removed and that took a while. Then all of the content pack-outs took a week and a half. There was a lot of back and forth with that but it was all good. It was just unavoidable stuff. Nonetheless, ServiceMaster did awesome. There is a lot of people throwing shade on ServiceMaster. But my experience has been outstanding.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

We had a leak and we went through our insurance. After we file the claim, ServiceMaster Restore came out Immediately. Still, they worked with what was best or us in terms of the schedule. The technicians who came out were professional, informative and efficient. The customer service was exceptional. I’m satisfied with ServiceMaster and I’ll recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

My dishwasher had leaked and there was a lot of damage. But ServiceMaster was very good and I was really impressed with them. They left a big hole in my floor but it was okay. That was what they were supposed to do and the technicians were very nice to work with. I would have them back again.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

The cleaning itself was of poor quality, but the customer service was mortifying. I have never been met with such confrontation, aggression, hostility, or disrespect as a client of any company prior to this. The cleaning industry is a competitive one. There are numerous other companies that provide exceptional service for the cost. Save yourself the headache by choosing one of them. If you choose to read further, I have left a more detailed description of the experience. We hired ServiceMaster to clean up our home following a kitchen remodel. I arranged the service with the owner of the company, whom indicated the charges are $40/person/hour with a 3 hour minimum and he would send out a crew of 3 to arrive at 0800.

The following morning, four technicians arrived anticipating a job of a “light dusting”. Concerned, I reached out to the owner to clear any miscommunication that may have occurred. I was met with frustration, aggression, and blame. It was stated, “I only told my crew what you told me”. The business relationship deteriorated from there. I don’t know what remodel clean is a “light dusting” and I’m further confused as to why a “light dusting” would require 4 cleaning techs (a minimum fee of $480). I should’ve known better than to proceed with the service, but we were in a bind, as painters were following immediately behind them.

The FINISHED result of our home following ServiceMaster’s work - a total of a $560. Our painters actually had to go behind them and wipe walls and baseboards before they could paint. I tried reaching out to the owner to get him to come view the job site and potentially send the crew back out or provide a reduction in the cost of services. This did not happen. I tried involving the corporate office, but was told ultimately, they cannot enforce any type of mediation between the franchise and the client. While working with a consumer protection agent to see if anything could be done, we received a threatening notice from ServiceMaster of First Coast regarding placing a lien on our property. Keep in mind, services were rendered on 12/13/18 and this notice was issued on 12/28. There are hundreds of cleaning services. Don’t regret your decision to hire this one.

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large and commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal company. ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more, in addition to mold removal.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis