toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was pretty easy working with ServiceMaster Restore. I showed them some water damage from a leaking HVAC unit and talked to the office people a couple of times trying to schedule everything. They came and fixed what was wrong and did a good job. I was completely satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore has done a great job. They're top quality and I was very happy with their services. We had water in the basement and our homeowner’s insurance covered it. I had an excellent time scheduling the service. The technicians who came at home were very polite and professional. I was satisfied after they finished the service and I would highly recommend ServiceMaster.

My family was very impressed with the work done by ServiceMaster Restore for me in Pennsylvania. I'm here in Florida and my insurance company contacted ServiceMaster who then immediately called me. They were wonderful as far as communicating with me on the phone. They told me exactly what they were doing and what the time elements would be. They were so courteous and kept me up to date all the time. I was very happy with them.

We had a good experience with ServiceMaster Restore. They put fans on because of a water leakage problem, and they took down some of the walls in the ceiling. They were very courteous and nice and did a good job.

I had water damage and scheduling the service with ServiceMaster Restore was very easy and excellent. The technicians were very good and helpful and took care of everything with no problems. I was very happy with the service. Excellent service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster took care of us and recommended the contractors. The other one they recommended didn't work out so I had to go to a different recommendation from the insurance, but their reps were friendly, courteous and on time every time. The only problem I had was that the contractors will have to use their boot socks if they had any. Overall we would recommend them if any of our family members will have any water or fire damage to their house.

ServiceMaster Restore did a good job for the damage in my house that we had just bought. The pipelines backed up and it was all raw sewage. They cleaned up the issue. It was difficult to schedule the service at first because the insurance company said they were going to call us back in 24 to 48 hours but my husband insisted we wanted it done right away. ServiceMaster Restore came out that night which was great and took care of our problem.

We had a real mess on our hands. There was a substantial leak in my mother's bathroom that left an inch of water on the bathroom floor, went through the floor and through the ceiling into the recreation room that my father had built down in the basement. It was easy to speak with ServiceMaster Restore and the scheduling went fast. They had good listening skills and we had great communication. The workers came out the next day, worked on the bathroom, and they were pros. My mother, brother, and I couldn't be happier with their work. They did a wonderful job removing all the damaged materials, and draining everything out with dryers and dehumidifiers. It took a few days to get everything dried out, but they were very professional and courteous and they assisted with the cleanup. I would highly recommend them to anyone else who needed that kind of assistance.

I had a puffback in my house. I called my homeowner's insurance, and they asked me what company I would prefer to do the restoration work. I had heard of ServiceMaster before, so I requested them. They came and cleaned the house from top to bottom. I'm a salesman on the road and was out working, so I told them to go ahead and do what they needed to do. Then I signed off on the service log as they got each room done. It was great. They said they were going to be there, and they were there. I'd recommend them.

When my house burned, ServiceMaster came over. They're working on it and haven't finished yet. But so far what they said is what has been done and has been done right on time. The guy from ServiceMaster knew what he was talking about. He explained and answered all my questions. So, as far as experience and knowledge, they were pretty good. They do a good job and are very professional. I'm happy to work with them.

The sewer backed up. I got through the insurance after a long time and ServiceMaster Restore got the scheduling done. Then they got everything done back to square one. The people were really knowledgeable and the workmen were great. The technicians did everything above board so it's no problem. They did what they had to do and got everything back to order the way it was supposed to be. They're very pleasant, good, and were all professional.

ServiceMaster Restore was amazing. I had a fire in my apartment and they restored several of my items. They were extremely professional and fast. Everyone that I dealt with was super courteous, too. They explained everything that was going on. They packed up my stuff really well. They take their time and they took care of my items. They basically met me on my worst day and they made me feel at ease and like everything was gonna be okay. I'm completely satisfied with their service. Just outstanding.

I had a flooded kitchen and in the basement, a flooded bedroom. So I called my home insurance and they indicated ServiceMaster and it was a great offer. So they came on the same day I called them and tried to dry everything. They brought the machines in, the blowers and humidifiers. They knew what they were doing and for 48 hours we had all those noises going on and then it was dry. I'm very satisfied with their service. I couldn't be happier.

We were happy with ServiceMaster Restore. They addressed any problems that came up. This is our first insurance claim. We have a 43-year-old house and the area of damage was in one of the oldest areas. So we wanted to upgrade with the difference between the insurance and us. And they were most cooperative. They worked around us very professionally. They always phoned ahead.

ServiceMaster saved a lot of money for us and for the insurance company. We have a beautiful tile floor that was in our upstairs and we asked for them to try as long as possible to dry it out so that we wouldn't have to have our beautiful floor totally taken up and they did. They went over and above because the insurance company did not cover for that extra time. And ServiceMaster didn't bother us for that extra time either. But by doing the extra drying, we were able to save our tile floor because we had enough tile stored downstairs to do the repair that was needed without anybody having to buy new tile for our bathroom plus if they'd had to take out the tile floor in our bathroom that would have meant the cupboards would have had to come out.

They would have all new tiling and the new tiling around. It would have been a nightmare. And our bathroom upstairs wasn't that old from having been a fairly new renovation. The bathroom downstairs was an old one and we upgraded that. I was very happy with ServiceMaster. We went from July the 6th to October. The problem was one of the trades wasn't installed properly, so one of the floors had to be taken out and done over. And it turned out that one of the products was late coming in. That was why it went on so long. But we weren't unhappy with that, we were happy waiting to get the job properly done. And they went these extra distance and we were willing to wait for that. Any delays in the time was because we wanted things done carefully. We weren't in any rush to have this get done. In the end, it was properly done and they saw to that.

My husband and I were both really happy with them. If all insurance companies were dealt that well, there wouldn't be any complaints. It worked out amazingly. There were things that I didn't want done and they were perfectly willing to do. And anything that wasn't done was not done because they neglected to do it. It's because we decided we wanted to do these things for ourselves. But they were willing to do everything right up to the last minute. Like for instance, they packed up stuff for us. And they were perfectly willing to bring in people to unpack for me too but I wanted to do my own unpacking because I had things that I wanted to sort. So I unpacked it, they came and very speedily picked up all the boxes. I'd definitely recommend ServiceMaster Restore.

I had four feet of water in my crawlspace and ServiceMaster Restore got rid of it. They came and they lifted the situation. The next day it was raining and they came back a couple of times to check on the water status and they worked till all hours of the night. Their reps were very courteous and know what they were doing. Their technicians were knowledgeable and were extremely communicative. They kept in touch and they were easily reachable. Overall, my experience was very good and I was very happy.

My deceased father had a hoarding disorder and I hired ServiceMaster to clean out his house. They were very professional. They explained that we could mark items that we wanted to be saved and those were all put into a garage. My brother coordinated with them and there were no problems. We picked a day and we got them a key. It took them two days to complete the job. I saw photos that my brother took and I was very pleased with the results. Additionally, my brother told me that the items that were placed in the dumpster were placed there neat and orderly and with great care. In fact, my brother was able to go in and retrieve a couple of things that he decided he wanted anyway. I was not expecting them to dispose of the items with such care. That was the very pleasant surprise. I would certainly recommend and use them in the future.

We had water restoration with ServiceMaster Restore. They had to tear out some water-damaged hardwood floors and some insulation. Their technicians did the tear out, set up of the fans and then they came back to check. Other than that, they also worked with us on our timing issue and they got everything done to our satisfaction. Everybody was very courteous and very prompt, and they were here when they said they'd be. Overall, I was completely satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore did a good job. We had damage mostly to the baseboards in the walls of the front room and part of the hallway and backroom. They took some of the baseboards out and closed pieces of the drywall on certain spots. They told me what they were doing and that I needed a carpet put down. They gotta take it off because it was just soaked to the bone. They also gave me samples to show my insurance. They were professional when they came in and we had brief conversations. It was my first time having something done like that and the floor dryer wouldn’t have mattered to me, but they always tell me where there was a measure of dampness on the floor that this could be a problem if I don’t dry it out fully, with all the wet spots and the mold.

We had a leak at our upstairs bedroom and ServiceMaster Restore came in and dried out all the woodwork, the flooring, and all that good stuff. We had no problem scheduling our service. They came out to us right away. We found the technicians to be very friendly, very easy to talk to and to get advice from. They did a good job. Hopefully, I would never need them again but if I do, I’ll call them. I would recommend them.

I had water damage between the sheet rock and the walls down in a room we had in the basement. We called ServiceMaster Restore and they were there within 24 hours. Their reps were very, very professional. They were very kind to deal with and they were right on time with what they said they were going to do. They got it done very well and efficiently. I was very pleased with their service and would highly recommend them to anybody.

I had a sewer back up in my basement and I called my insurance, and then, we called ServiceMaster, and they came the same day. It started to get things going and went pretty fast. The service rider showed up in a couple of hours. And then, he brought a crew back the next day and they came early and had the thing done in two days, which surprised me because I’ve had a separate experience a few years back and it was four days before they got out of there.

There were three persons who worked and they all knew exactly what they needed to do. I had some health problems so I couldn’t do much. Then my wife got home and one of the guys worked with her in moving things around so she could get a good inventory. The boss was great and the two guys never quit working. They were very friendly and they stayed busy. We were pleased with them and it all worked out well. I'm very satisfied and we’d probably call them again if we had a similar problem. Then I found out that they do carpet cleaning and I might use them on that. It was all good.

The City of Kingston hired a contractor who didn’t hook our building up and went right by with the new sewer line. And so, all our sewer water was backing up in the building, which ran down the hallway and down the basement steps in the medical arts building. It’s an 18,000 sq. ft. building and around 500 sq. ft. was affected where they had to dry it with blowers.

I called ServiceMaster Restore around 4:30 and they got back to me at 6:00. The office manager there in Kingston that I spoke to and the technician who called were great. There was nothing to follow up on when they got done and they covered all the bases. They ventilated the walls to dry everything out overnight. And even though it caused a lot of disruption in the building, I know everything was done the right way so I appreciate it.

I just wish that the communication with the quote was a little bit better because I have business partners and contractors who needed to know how much it’s gonna cost. I described the square footage and what I was told was gonna be a few fans. It would be great if they'd say, “We have this type of volume of services and when we have extra amount of fans, we usually run about $1,500 a day.” I know it’s always very difficult to come up with that. I do environmental work for a living and when we go to a customer’s house, I have to estimate what this clean-up company is gonna charge. That way, the customers are always prepared for the worst. But then the City of Kingston gave me a guarantee that they were standing behind the contractor and standing behind the payment, that’s the workmanship and the communication. ServiceMaster did a great job and everything is good. We recommend them.

We had a water leak under our kitchen sink. So I called State Farm, our insurance carrier, and they were able to connect me directly to ServiceMaster people. They transferred the call over at about 10:30 PM on a Friday night and ServiceMaster technician came out by 1:00 and dried out a bunch of our floors and teared out some wet materials in our basement ceiling and walls, and were done within a couple of hours. It was a good response for a weekend and I thought they did a good job so I'm mostly satisfied.

However, the the technician led me to believe that some things were going to be removed and replaced. But when the ServiceMaster manager and my State Farm adjuster came out to the house on Tuesday, the story was a bit different. I was under the impression our bottom kitchen cabinets were going to be replaced but it turns out that they’re not. Also, a spot in some carpet in our master bedroom, I was under the impression that that was not going to make it but they felt that they had saved it. So, for the most part, they still did a good job.

It was very good with ServiceMaster Restore. They were polite, very neat, courteous and explained everything. When scheduling the service, the insurance company called in the morning and within two hours, the technicians were already at my house. I had water damage and they cut the ceilings and the floorboard open in the dining room and got rid of the moisture barrier that was giving the house a stink. They put the machines in and they worked very fast and diligent, and ripped up the rug that was soaked, and did a great job. Whatever they did, they fixed it. I had to fix the other stuff through the insurance company but they did what they had to do. The ServiceMaster technicians were efficient and the service was excellent.

ServiceMaster Restore was recommended by USAA to me and when I filled out the information, I thought that was done but I was overwhelmed with things that I needed to do. Still, I had a good experience and I'm satisfied. I had a fire at the house which was covered by the homeowner's insurance. ServiceMaster was right on with scheduling the service but in the beginning, one person in charge disappeared due to illness and the other person wasn't really doing whatever that was happening. So I called ServiceMaster and they put another individual in charge whose name is Monte and after that, things went quite well.

The repairs and restoration were too complicated and took a year, which was a long time. But it wasn't always their fault because I've chosen my own time to remodel things and they had to wait for some things to get done. There were glitches like the men had to be told to clean up after themselves, but anytime I called Monte and said, "This is going on. Help," he would be there. And if there was anything that needed to get done, he was on it within the hour or even minutes. The highlight was that Monte being in charge.

My water heater flooded the house. Scheduling the service was horrible but that wasn't ServiceMaster's problem. Their servicemen came out and did a set up. They were efficient and got all the fans and everything going, and it was good. They handled it perfectly. They were very, very professional. It helped me out because that was a very stressful time. I'm 100% satisfied and I'd recommend them.

The small little line off the pump that activates the pressure shutoff valve of my taps had blown off. It was shooting a stream across the room and hitting the wall. That part and all the repairs were covered by my ServiceMaster Restore insurance though the pump itself was not. We had to replace the whole pump and pressure tank and the whole thing works.

The ServiceMaster Restore guys were very efficient and quick. They showed up in a very short time, vacuumed most of the water up and had heaters blowing air up into the walls, taking the bottom three inches off around the gyprock. Then they blew heat all up in the walls to dry everything there and had a bunch of big, industrial dehumidifiers going and got it dried up in a matter of a day and a half or two. Then they lugged all the washers, dryers and freezers and put them in a trailer. The items stayed in the trailer until a guy came in, repaired the walls and painted the floors. Then they loaded all back in and even helped me put some storage racks up. It was a very enjoyable experience. They did a bang-up job and I'm excellently satisfied after they completed the work.

ServiceMaster came to my home when I had a flooded condo and they took care of everything for me. When they first came to the house and discovered the flood, they've been most cooperative. They cleaned up the water from the flood from upstairs and have taken care of trying to get my condo restored back to its condition again. The entire work hasn't been completed yet but the repairs and holes have been fixed in the walls. Now, we're waiting for the new carpet to be reinstalled throughout the condo. ServiceMaster has been excellent.

We had a water problem in the house. ServiceMaster came for an insurance claim and the service claim was scheduled easily. The technician did what he needed to do and he was very professional. I'm extremely satisfied with the service.

My most recent claim is not finished yet but it's not on ServiceMaster Restore's part. I have to do stuff for my insurance company. I'm a victim of domestic abuse and unfortunately, that put a hold on things because they wouldn’t let me bring anybody in the house. But I'm sure ServiceMaster would do a wonderful job when they finish. This is the third or fourth claim that they've cleaned up for me. The fact that I used them repetitively should speak volumes. I was a stay-at-home mom so I had a lot more flexibility and I've never had an issue with scheduling them to come in but they also have a lot of availability as far as my schedule is concerned.

But it's different with this last claim because I'm just now able to get back with the insurance company and I've got paperwork moving so that we can get the repairs done. Nonetheless, I was completely satisfied with all the work that they did. They went out of their way to help me and they took care of everything for me. They were always able to work with me and we were always able to get things taken cared of. They're very professional and have been more than willing to work with me. They've been courteous, efficient, polite and have done anything and everything to help me out in each situation. They're a reliable and wonderful company. They do whatever they can for the homeowner to try and ease their stress level due to the damage that the house sustains.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis