ServiceMaster Restore

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was pretty easy working with ServiceMaster Restore. I showed them some water damage from a leaking HVAC unit and talked to the office people a couple of times trying to schedule everything. They came and fixed what was wrong and did a good job. I was completely satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore has done a great job. They're top quality and I was very happy with their services. We had water in the basement and our homeowner’s insurance covered it. I had an excellent time scheduling the service. The technicians who came at home were very polite and professional. I was satisfied after they finished the service and I would highly recommend ServiceMaster.

Scheduling with ServiceMaster was easy. A pipe disconnected in our basement and we had water damage, and the arrived on the time they said they would be here. The service was given quickly after we had called them, so once they arrived, they set up the fans and were very clear and transparent in their process. They let us know the scope of the work as they assessed the damages and revised the estimate, and they kept us in the loop on that. Overall they were very helpful and we had a great experience.

ServiceMaster Restore was courteous and did a really good job. They nicked the top of my vanity with their big heater and didn't take the baseboards off real good when they tried to pry them away from the wall and marked them up a bit so they're going to be replaced. But otherwise, it was a wonderful experience.

We had a hot water heater malfunction and it spewed a lot of hot water into the crawl space of my house. The ServiceMaster Restore rep who came over was very helpful with the insurance adjuster. He made everything really smooth. They surveyed the damage and the technicians tore out all of the insulation under our crawl space. They did some linoleum and stuff in the laundry room and they also sprayed for mold in the laundry room. ServiceMaster took care of everything.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

I had a leak from the roof into the bedroom and had the repair scheduled over the Thanksgiving period over into Christmas period. That has made it a little difficult to get people out, including weather issues. We live up a little hill and it's still a little slick from the snow, so the repair has been a little slower than I would have hoped. But the ServiceMaster reps have been very helpful and have been doing all they can do. They have done works in the wall and the carpet. They dried everything out, reinstalled the wall and the insulation, and then repainted it. We're not finished yet, but they've done great work.

I had a damage to my basement due to sewer water so my insurance company got in touch with ServiceMaster. Their reps were helpful and they took care of everything for me. The technicians came out of a long drive. We had a bad weather at the same time, but they would call and say they would be late but they arrived within half an hour the time they said they would show up. They'll be coming back to do some cleaning after the reconstruction being done in my house. I'm satisfied with ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster was great. We had a leaky angle stop in one of our bathrooms and it flooded one bedroom and went down to the floor below. Their technicians came right out on a Sunday. They get the job done and did it great although its strange that very time somebody came out, it was a different person. But I have no complaints.

We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac, and the drain overflowed. All the water going up on the drain went down our driveway, into our garage, and soaked through our drywall and our door. It flooded our office, our main hallway, the camera room, and our laundry room. So, we called our insurance company, and they contacted ServiceMaster. Originally, they said they weren't going to get here until 1:00 and their tech ended up showing around 11:00, which was awesome. He was a very nice guy. He's very empathetic and he made us feel like the situation is not as bad. It's great customer service. Also, he worked with us, and because it was a self-pay and he knew that he covers this particular incident, he was quick and efficient. Overall, it was a really good experience.

Our basement was flooded so there was water damage. Our insurance company recommended ServiceMaster and I'm happy they did since we're happy with their service and everything worked out fine. They were prompt and the people who showed up were very courteous, nice, professional, tried to answer all the questions and took care of cleaning up.

The first time we used ServiceMaster for a water damage, we went through with our insurance. When it happened again, we felt we were comfortable with ServiceMaster so we called them back out. They're super fast, polite and showed up when they were supposed to. It was a great experience overall. I'd recommend them especially the technicians that came out. They were awesome.

We had a sewer overflow on our basement that was bad. I called ServiceMaster Restore when I thought it was just this little leak and it turned out to be a major disaster. They said they couldn't be here until late in the afternoon or early evening and they actually came earlier than that. They were wonderful and everything they did was fabulous. I was distraught and the woman that I spoke to kept telling me to calm down, take a cup of coffee and that everything will be okay. We lost an incredible amount of stuff and couldn't even tell what it was because when they came and bagged them, no one wanted to go through the bag. Then we discovered the next day that our washing machine was filled up with sewage and they came back out and took care of that.

Everyone was very professional and the guys who cleaned up deserve much more money than they probably got because the mess was disgusting. And the supervisors were great. They kept calling and making sure that everything was okay. They also came out on weekends to check and see how things were doing. So we were really pleased with them particularly with the workers who were unbelievably conscientious.

A pipe broke and flooded the house so we had water damage and ServiceMaster came out a couple of days later. There’s always someone at the house so they showed up when I called them. They were very professional and awesome. It was a blessing that in removing everything, they found that there was structural damage so they told us which areas were safe and which areas weren't. The only problem I have is that they removed the cabinets that were covered with mold and left them on my porch. They may have thought that we wanted it but my husband is on oxygen and my daughter’s pregnant so we don’t want any mold in the house. The cabinets have to go and they should have taken them but were still out there. I would be very happy if they could come, get, and dispose of it. Still, the experience went well and I had no problem with the guys. I would recommend them again.

I had sewer water come into my family room and get into my carpeting. My insurance company scheduled the service and ServiceMaster came out the same day that I called. They were very concerned and did what they had to do. They had to leave stuff here for a couple of days to dry out parts of the wall. But they explained everything to us and walked us through what we had to do from that point on with the insurance company. So I was very satisfied.

We had broken a pipe in the bathroom and had water damage. We were able to get the water up ourselves before ServiceMaster Restore got here, but they did all of the mediation and so it was a very good experience. They were very caring, kind and considerate about how things were developing for us, how we were dealing with what was going on and things that we could do to make it easier and they were more than willing to work with us.

There was water damage on the shower so we called ServiceMaster. The rep was professional. It was a prompt service. They were on it right away and were great. It's been an excellent experience.

There was a fire damage in our house on about 18th of March 2016 and since then restoration has been ongoing and not done yet. It has taken way too long. One reason was about their orders on the garage door that's still pending. It’s not a very great situation where it takes almost nine months already gone and my claim is still pending. Other than that, my experience with ServiceMaster has been really good and their rep has been professional.

We absolutely love what ServiceMaster Restore has done. They’ve been courteous, clean, very responsive, great, and absolutely wonderful. But where I’m having a problem is they tore out a single bathroom and they can’t give me an answer for when they’re going to put it back. My dad’s 90 and my mother just died and so my question to Lyle this morning was, "Why wasn’t the tear out coordinated with the put back in?" I didn’t understand why it’s so urgent to tear something out if they didn’t have a timeline to put it back in.

Over Labor Day weekend I got up, came out from the master bedroom and in my kitchen area, I felt water immediately. That's never a good sign. I checked the water main and turned it off to check where's the water coming from. Then in the garage I found out that my soft water processor blew a line and all night it had been running so that the garage and the front third of my house were flooded. That means it's soaked into the drywall and reached all of the cupboards and the toeboards at the bottom so it was a real mess. I called my insurance agent and he's not answering the phone. I then called the Farmers Insurance Corporate and they're the ones that directed me to call ServiceMaster.

When I called ServiceMaster, they had somebody over within 45 minutes. That's how quick they were and it was neat. They immediately set up 17 fans so it was a big job. They left the fans running 24/7 for a week to dry it out. They also had to cut into the drywall because they said the walls absorb water like that of a sponge so they had to make sure that black mold doesn't get started. By the time they were done the place they ripped up through the carpeted family room in the formal dining room was an incredible mess. But they were very efficient and they knew what they were doing.

The son of the agent they sent out started taking very conscientious notes and lots of photographs that he said he was going to share with the insurance adjuster. Essentially, he was a psychologist and very familiar with taking details. They did a wonderful job, were on time and easy to get along with. Also, one of them came back everyday to check the water. They had a meter to test how much water was inside the walls and when it gets down to a certain level that means that we can drywall it up again, plaster and paint. They did that for about a week until they said it's dry enough to proceed with reconstruction of everything. They were fantastic and I had a great experience. I give them the highest recommendation.

There was a broken water line in the laundry room. ServiceMaster came out and they were there quickly. They seemed to know what they were doing, corrected the problem in terms of drying everything up and getting it ready so I could reconstruct it. They did a very good job.

We had water leaks in the house so we called for ServiceMaster Restore. The rep who showed up was on time, good, very professional. He did really well in answering questions and overseeing the project. They clearly wanted to know when the most convenient times were for us and worked around my schedule, which was very good. Everything was done very timely. Then the insurance company made out and sent me the check rather than to ServiceMaster and so they came to my house and picked up the check. It was convenient for them that way and worked out for me as well because I’m 40 minutes or so away from where their main office is.

I had a flood in my house about a month ago. American Family Insurance got hold of ServiceMaster and sent somebody out right away. They were there right away in the morning, very thorough and knew what they were doing. They brought in fans and dehumidifiers then took off the baseboard and hauled out the flooring. They were in and out within a few days, and it took them about four days to do the job. Brian was wonderful to work with. My husband and I were really impressed with them.

I had water damage in my kitchen and ServiceMaster was one of the companies my insurance worked with. They called them up and Service Master came. They made sure everything was dry, treated the wood and did a very good and very professional job. I'm happy and very satisfied. I'd recommend them.

My family was very impressed with the work done by ServiceMaster Restore for me in Pennsylvania. I'm here in Florida and my insurance company contacted ServiceMaster who then immediately called me. They were wonderful as far as communicating with me on the phone. They told me exactly what they were doing and what the time elements would be. They were so courteous and kept me up to date all the time. I was very happy with them.

We had a good experience with ServiceMaster Restore. They put fans on because of a water leakage problem, and they took down some of the walls in the ceiling. They were very courteous and nice and did a good job.

I had water damage and scheduling the service with ServiceMaster Restore was very easy and excellent. The technicians were very good and helpful and took care of everything with no problems. I was very happy with the service. Excellent service!

ServiceMaster took care of us and recommended the contractors. The other one they recommended didn't work out so I had to go to a different recommendation from the insurance, but their reps were friendly, courteous and on time every time. The only problem I had was that the contractors will have to use their boot socks if they had any. Overall we would recommend them if any of our family members will have any water or fire damage to their house.

ServiceMaster Restore did a good job for the damage in my house that we had just bought. The pipelines backed up and it was all raw sewage. They cleaned up the issue. It was difficult to schedule the service at first because the insurance company said they were going to call us back in 24 to 48 hours but my husband insisted we wanted it done right away. ServiceMaster Restore came out that night which was great and took care of our problem.

We had a real mess on our hands. There was a substantial leak in my mother's bathroom that left an inch of water on the bathroom floor, went through the floor and through the ceiling into the recreation room that my father had built down in the basement. It was easy to speak with ServiceMaster Restore and the scheduling went fast. They had good listening skills and we had great communication. The workers came out the next day, worked on the bathroom, and they were pros. My mother, brother, and I couldn't be happier with their work. They did a wonderful job removing all the damaged materials, and draining everything out with dryers and dehumidifiers. It took a few days to get everything dried out, but they were very professional and courteous and they assisted with the cleanup. I would highly recommend them to anyone else who needed that kind of assistance.

I had a puffback in my house. I called my homeowner's insurance, and they asked me what company I would prefer to do the restoration work. I had heard of ServiceMaster before, so I requested them. They came and cleaned the house from top to bottom. I'm a salesman on the road and was out working, so I told them to go ahead and do what they needed to do. Then I signed off on the service log as they got each room done. It was great. They said they were going to be there, and they were there. I'd recommend them.

Question and Answers - ServiceMaster Restore

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?

We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.

What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?

ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.

How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?

We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.

What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?

One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.

How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?

One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.

What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?

ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.

Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?

Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.

How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?

ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Profile

ServiceMaster Restore
1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis