It's that easy Request Information
4.66/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Whether it’s a major disaster like a storm or fire, or threats like water damage and mold, having a go-to guide can turn fear and uncertainty into confidence that life can be put back to normal. The most important thing to know is you’re not alone.

ServiceMaster Restore® understands that the hours and days immediately after a disaster can be a confusing and anxious time. That’s why we’re ready to help answer your questions, share options that make sense for you and work with you every step of the way.

With over 60 years experience in the cleaning and restoration industry, our teams work by your side from addressing the problem, to identifying what needs to be done, to getting you to restoration. We have expertise and extensive know-how to help un-do the damage to your home and belongings. We’re a national network that’s also your neighbor, delivering vast resources with a personal touch based on your particular needs.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1189 ServiceMaster Restore Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

The team that came out from ServiceMaster Restore was great. They were very friendly and professional. They did really fast work too. They took the drywall down, made sure everything was dry and did some water remediation to my house after the hurricane damage. The process took two days overall and I was fully satisfied. I would recommend that others use their service as well.

Get expert buying tips about Mold Removal and Remediation Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I know ServiceMaster Restore very well from years of working with them in my business. I've been using them for about 30 years now and I have an excellent opinion of them. I also use them on my personal needs. I phoned them for a water cleanup and drying of walls from a pipe break. I had an excellent interaction with the representative as well as with the professionals who came out and did the work. It was nothing less than I expected and nothing less than they usually do. That's why I use them both in business and personal. They put back things the way it was before and it's cleaner. They also cleaned the carpets. They know what they're doing. They know how to drive properly and pick up water, which is important. I would recommend them anytime to anybody.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore visited my house to check and see the damage. They were already in the area at the time and a neighbor called me to ask if I wanted them to come. I said yes and they were very prompt in coming over. My roof was compromised, so they had those detectors that they put in the walls to see how much moisture was in them. They also had about seven blowers up in my house and the little outbuilding that I have in the back. They removed some Sheetrock in the back as well but it is not done yet. The reps from ServiceMaster sat down and explained everything. They also recommended that I get a local contractor to put on the roof and the repairs. They were very nice and courteous and I can’t say enough good things about them.

I had flood damage and wind damage, so my insurance company is going to send out an engineer, which is stupid, but that is their process to determine which was flood and which was wind, then I’ll be able to see how my claims fit. But I wanted them to go in my crawl space, which I knew was flooded, and I mentioned it several times but they didn't do it. So, I had to get someone else to do that. Other than that, I was very pleased with ServiceMaster Restore and I’m waiting to see what the final outcome is because it is very important in my insurance claim for them to have done the proper documentation, which is to take readings at different intervals and have it all recorded. They told me that they did and I’m hoping and praying they did a good job with that.

ServiceMaster Restore response

We appreciate the time you spent to share your feedback! We’re glad to hear we were able to provide the service you needed.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

The immediate response from ServiceMaster was very good and they got out there within a reasonable amount of time from the time I contacted them due. The person I met up with explained upfront and very clearly what needed to be done for the moisture damage we had. They also had to throw out some carpet and sheetrock. And everything was bagged up and there was a dumpster that was brought out. It took days for them to complete the service and it was very well done. Everything is the way I want anything to be done when with anyone at a customer level. It was an exceptional experience.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I had my house flooded and my insurance got a hold of ServiceMaster Restore. For the first week, I couldn’t stay in the house. I was coming back and forth, and I was meeting with ServiceMaster when they would come out and check on everything. They explained everything and what they thought was gonna happen. They had a lot of equipment inside the house for five days and then finally, they were able to pull everything out. Everything had to be ripped out. I just stayed out on my patio with my dog, and they were here for five hours. Their reps were really nice and efficient.

After they tore everything out, my claims adjuster from The Hartford came out and started going through the house. ServiceMaster was supposed to have left samples of my carpeting and my laminate flooring, but they didn’t. The adjuster was able to take out some of the flooring that ServiceMaster had left in here but they left no carpeting sample to be able to determine the amount I was gonna get. My claims adjuster contacted ServiceMaster and said that he needed to get the sample and that they need to do it promptly. ServiceMaster had told him they will and then the work started on the house.

ServiceMaster was here Monday and I’ve gone and checked out the flooring but my adjuster called me and told me that ServiceMaster has not sent any carpeting sample in two weeks and they had sent it in only a day before. So, I didn’t have any money value to work afterwards. I was able to go forward, but it drew me back time-wise. I have not received my flooring yet, but I did pick out a carpeting. I was disappointed when ServiceMaster didn’t follow through. Nevertheless, ServiceMaster did an incredible job until the very end and they held me up.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about ServiceMaster Restore?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

My insurance company scheduled service with ServiceMaster Restore for flood and water damage. The technicians brought in fans and a humidifier. They sprayed down everything to prevent mold. They removed the wet items and the destroyed areas of the house. They also helped me find a moving company. They came back and collected all their equipment. The job was completed in three weeks and I was very satisfied. It was fantastic and as easy as it could’ve been.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

There was a damage from a busted water heater and portions of it were covered by my homeowner's insurance. Both of us scheduled the service of ServiceMaster Restore. ServiceMaster told me they were gonna try to get things dried out. They had all those fans going and they did little test things to make sure things were dry. They were gonna have to cut the carpet and they weren't able to put it back. There were also some doors that they took off and didn't hang back up. The service took a couple of days, which was a little longer than I thought it was going to take, but in order do an adequate job, that was what they needed. I was satisfied with the results of the service.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

We had ServiceMaster Restore come out for my mother's house. We were getting ready to sell it, and we had to have some insulation in the attic cleaned up with mold. A guy came right out here and gave me his quote, and we had scheduled it right there. It was very easy and convenient. Their technicians who came out were very nice and they cleaned up after themselves. They did a great job, and I appreciate their work. I would use ServiceMaster again.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

ServiceMaster is very good. I called them and they gave me several different choices on when they could come. I picked out what was best for me, and then the sales rep called. I asked him a few questions, and he was very polite and pleasant. When he was on his way, he said how long he would be and they showed up on time with a clean van. They’re very professional, nice, and I was highly impressed with them. They took care of my antique, ornamental rug that had some problems as well as cleaned six or seven different bad spots in my rug. They were here at least three hours. If I had any questions or if we’d have anything redone, they would be right back.

I have used ServiceMaster in the past, and I’ve also used other competitors. Some of the other competitors were a little lower in price, but unfortunately, sometimes you get what you pay for. ServiceMaster is not the cheapest, but everything they do is always well-valued, so I would not hesitate to use them again, and I’ll recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore came out and cleaned the carpet in the living room, dining room, accommodation area and hallway ‘cause we had dog issues. This is the second time I’ve used them and I came back because they’re so easy to schedule. There’s an appointment available that suits my needs and they give absolutely wonderful service. Chris was the same technician as last time, and I really like him because he took his time making sure he got the problem areas. We had other companies come out where two days later, it still smelled like dog urine. But Chris took his time to find the source of the problem and fix it. I’d recommend them to everybody. They're fabulous and I’ll keep using them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

We had a water leak in the wall and so we had to have everything dried out in the kitchen and the bathroom. The people from ServiceMaster were extremely nice and very down to earth. They were also very personable. Everything was dried and they tried to work it out so I would not have to pay more if I didn’t have to. ServiceMaster does a great job and they’re not out to rip you off or take extra money. I was completely satisfied with their service and I would recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

We had a leak in our wall and it buckled our floor and took out some ceilings below. We called our insurance when this happened and they sent ServiceMaster Restore out. There was a foreman in charge of scheduling the service and arranged all of the workmen. We did not have to go find a plumber, a floor person, carpenter, and painter. The techs were very skilled but the service stretched a long time and it took months. There were gaps that nobody came and they didn't get in touch with us. I would get a hold of the foreman and he would get it going again. But they had big jobs they had to work on because of the rains and stuff here. They would get called out on these big emergencies and we would have a hard time getting hold of them at that point.

Also, we were put in a hotel and there was a gouge in our woodwork which we did not notice when we came back in the house. It looks like one of their machines hit the woodwork and we called them about it. The quality, otherwise, is very good and the painters were excellent. They did a beautiful job on the floor which was the biggest thing. They had to cut into a wall that you cannot tell and they replaced the ceilings downstairs right away. I would recommend ServiceMaster because they came out immediately and got the parts that had to be done, done.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Right after the Hurricane Florence in our place, our insurance adjuster lined everything up with Horace then ServiceMaster came and did an excellent job. All of them were very professional in handling everything that we needed. They had two days of cleaning, tearing up, cleaning up, getting the wet stuff out, and then about another two days of the warming. I was very satisfied after they were completely finished with their service. Now, I tell everyone I talk to that ServiceMaster is a very good group who came to do the service.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

We had a busted drainpipe in our kitchen behind the sink and the technicians from ServiceMaster Restore came and hooked up some blowers and got everything squared away for us. Scheduling with ServiceMaster was a good experience all the way around and the interactions with their rep over the phone were good. The technicians came and explained what was gonna be done. They went under the house and checked under there to make sure there was no damage underneath. It was very good working with them and I was very pleased when they were finished with their service. They were there when they said they’re gonna be there and came back a couple of times and checked. Overall, it was a wonderful experience with ServiceMaster.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

We suffered a leak at the water heater, which caused a fair amount of damage in the guest room and necessitating considerably drying out and replacement of the drywall and some parts of the floor. ServiceMaster was a great outfit to work with. They were here almost immediately after being notified and it has progressed smoothly since then. The technicians were very good about explaining in great detail what exactly they were going to do and how they were going to do it. All three who were out here were extremely personable and very knowledgeable about their job. There is no doubt in your mind when you have them come in as far as doing a good job. We are in the very last throes of the service. The technician has to finish putting a little more texture on the wall in one area, and they will be painting them. If we ever get the carpet that has been ordered, we would have that and then the job will be finished.

In today's era, sometimes you are told one thing and something else occurs. This outfit was entirely different. If ServiceMaster said that they were going to be here at 9 o'clock in the morning, they were here at 9 o'clock and not two minutes after. That was indicative of the way that their entire work goes and that was outstanding.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2018

Our insurance company set an appointment with ServiceMaster for our flooded toilet, utility room and bedroom and they called to ask if they could come. The guys were friendly and considerate, and they keep that in mind, which helps the consumer. They dried up the mess first and that took some time. They then took apart things that had to be replaced and ripped out carpets. Everything went fine and they were great. There were a few things they had to come back and do, which they should have checked done, but I can understand why they didn't on some of them. Overall, I'm very happy and I'd recommend them to friend. We’re satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

My wife and I live in Garden City, Kansas, but we own a place in Lawrence, Kansas where our daughter lives. She has a basement window that was a little 2x3 and it got blown in during a storm. Luckily, the basement was unfinished, but it had enough mud and muck on the floor you could probably grow crops down there. So, we had ServiceMaster Restore come out and fix that. I called them but since our daughter who lives there was in the middle, scheduling was kinda problematic. Other than that, it was a good experience. Every time I called, they’d remember who I was, even though I was 300 miles away. And we finally got it set up. I took my daughter out of the picture, got in the middle of it, and was there when they came out to work on the basement.

There were three young men who came out and they were all good. The main tech went over everything, told me what he was gonna do, and explained the process. They came out on a Friday and we got to keep the fans almost for an extra day because it was the weekend. They didn’t wanna come pick them up. And they had to cut out some Sheetrock so I still need to get that fixed. But they explained all the things they were gonna do and it looked like a night and day difference when we went down there. They even cleaned up the washer and dryer that was down there. Overall, their work was very nice. Plus, they were very friendly and very thorough. Not to take food out of their mouths, but hopefully we don’t have to use them again. But if we need that service again, they'll be the one we'll call.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We had a pipe break and had about an inch of water in our basement. I called ServiceMaster Restore in the middle of night and they were pretty prompt. They got right back to me right away in the morning. I talked to Penny on the phone, and she was very efficient about getting it all set up, getting a hold of me right away, the scheduling, and letting me know what times and people were coming. It was a good and coordinated effort.

The guys from ServiceMaster Restore came down and got all the water out, and then they put about 12 huge blowers and two big dehumidifiers in, and helped get the water and humid level down. Mike was the one that came out and he was pretty good at pointing things out and explaining what he was doing. He was being pretty thorough about where he was looking for water. They got everything cleaned up and dried out the way it should be. The basement dried out pretty quick. I would highly recommend ServiceMaster to anybody. If something ever happen again, they’d the first people I’ll be calling.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

I had a fire in my kitchen and the service was scheduled through my insurance. ServiceMaster has been nothing but top-notch with cleaning everything and taking things away to be cleaned and stored. I called and asked for my winter clothes, shoes and boots to be brought to me and they were right there within a few days to meet my schedule. They were very professional, friendly and honest. I am very satisfied with the service, they were there when I needed them and everything was superb.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

A couple of weeks ago, I had a sewage pipe backup in my basement. ServiceMaster worked around my schedule and took care of it. They cleaned it all out. The technicians that came were great and very polite. I have little dogs, so I have a little doggie fence that they took it down, put it back up, went straight and left. They were very professional and they got it done quickly. The whole experience was great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

We had water damage and my insurance agent handled the scheduling with ServiceMaster. They came to my house and ripped up all of the walls down to the stud, which was done really quickly. They dried them out and it took them four or five days to do everything. They removed drywall, put containments and did whatever you could possibly imagine with water damage. It was fantastic. ServiceMaster was amazingly efficient, friendly, and compassionate. They’re an outstanding company, and I’d highly recommend them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

We had mold that was discovered after there was a water leak, and ServiceMaster came and got rid of the mold. They’d been here doing other work and so, I thought they would be good for that as well. I scheduled it, they showed up and they did their work. They were cordial, friendly and professional. When I had questions, they answered them. I was quite satisfied.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

We had a toilet leak and the insurance company sent ServiceMaster over to demolish everything that was not good. The ServiceMaster people were good at letting me know when they were coming out. They would call me when they were on their way ‘cause I work 15 minutes away. I had to open the door for them and they were there in two or three days. They explained everything they were gonna do. While I didn't stay home when they did the service ‘cause I had to go back to work, the quality of the service was good. Everything was great.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

We got flooded from the rain and the sewer backed up. We got two feet of water in the basement and it wet a lot of clothing, boxes, and things downstairs. So, we needed to get someone to take the water out and get all the stuff and other mess out. We were told that ServiceMaster was good, so we called them but it took a little while. When we finally got them scheduled, they came out and brought a couple of guys with them. It took a couple of days but they got all the stuff out of the basement. Then, we had to get Restano who cleaned out the sewer. Once they did that, most of the water was gone and there was a little bit left but they took that all out.

ServiceMaster scrubbed and cleaned the floors, put some stuff to keep it from smelling and they did a good job. Paz, the guy that was there, was good. He made sure that everybody was doing all the work and that it was done well. He could crack the whip on everybody who tend to lag and get it all done. They were very helpful, especially Paz and they cleaned it up very nicely. Once they were completely finished with their service, it was outstanding. ServiceMaster Restore would be great for doing all the work if people would get them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I had very good interactions with the representative of ServiceMaster when I scheduled a service. We had water damage. I had very good interactions as well with the technicians who came out. They were professional, knowledgeable, and got things accomplished in 4 days. My expectations were exceeded and I have been satisfied when they finished their service. I would recommend ServiceMaster.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 24, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore was great. When we had a water leak, they were helpful in scheduling and they came out to help me with that. Matt, the project manager, did everything that he said that he was gonna do. Also, the service technicians were all professional. I would encourage others to use ServiceMaster Restore.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

We were preparing a house for a rental. ServiceMaster did a thorough cleaning to get it ready for the new tenant. The reps that I spoke with were good. There were three technicians that came and they were there for seven hours. They provided an excellent service and I was very satisfied. I would recommend ServiceMaster.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

ServiceMaster was recommended to us here in Arizona by State Farm. One time, the neighbor's upstairs flooded. We got a hold of ServiceMaster and their reps answered all our questions. Thereafter, they called back and their contractor got to us quickly. People like their businessman, Joe, talked to me personally. Though the job as a whole is not finished, their portion already is and they did a super job. I liked their personal touch. They really acted like they cared about me as an individual during the time when they were really swamped with business. I felt comfortable with them.

ServiceMaster Restore response

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

ServiceMaster Restore came out quickly, removed the carpet, then kept the heaters on for two weeks. The results were good. They were great, timely and courteous. I had a good experience with them.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My daughter who is now allergic to cats could not walk down the steps of the basement. So, after we’ve done our own cleaning and had other people help clean, I decided I needed to get to the bottom of it. We had ServiceMaster Restore come in and they cleaned everything. There was a lot of dust and they did find some mold. So, that could have been the problem too, and they took care of that.

We called them and had first scheduled the service in late spring or early June. They were scheduled to come on a Monday but on that weekend, a flooding happened in Baltimore. I kept waiting for them and they never called to tell me that they weren’t coming. I finally did call and they said all their resources were out with the floods. I let them know that I was unhappy that they had not let me know. When they finally did come which was a number of weeks ago, they came one day, and then they had car problems the second day. And so, they didn’t come that day. It was a three-day job, and they fixed the mold. The workers were very nice, cooperative and professional. Every time they came upstairs to use the bathroom, they asked if they could. They also explained things to me. It was a very good experience.

ServiceMaster Restore expert review by ConsumerAffairs

ServiceMaster Restore is one of the largest commercial mold removal companies in the entire world. The company has been in business for more than 50 years, and they specialize in mold removal from residential and commercial buildings.

• Accessibility: The company has more than 4,500 franchises across the world, so it’s easy to find a ServiceMaster Restore when a customer needs one.

• Range of services: ServiceMaster Restore is a large and commercial company, so they offer one of the widest range of services for any mold removal company. ServiceMaster Restore takes care of tasks such as pest control, lawn care and more, in addition to mold removal.

• Speed: ServiceMaster Restore employs a large number of people, so their service is known for being speedy.

• Service: There are so many franchises across the world, so it’s hard to predict the quality of service a client can expect.

• Cost: ServiceMaster Restore is a large corporation with a known reputation, so their services are often cost-prohibitive for the regular consumer.

• Best for: Home owners, property owners and insurance professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs Research Team

ServiceMaster Restore questions and answers

What problem is ServiceMaster Restore trying to solve?
We restore homes and businesses that incur damage due to water, fire, smoke, mold or other sources.
What sets ServiceMaster Restore apart from the competition?
ServiceMaster Restore professionals work with homeowners, insurance professionals and business principals to navigate through the uncertainty following water or fire damage. Our nationwide network allows ServiceMaster Restore to offer the scale of a national company, with the service of a locally owned business. We have agreements with some of the largest property insurers in the United States and can help homeowners navigate through the insurance claims process. Our claims management department provides industry leading claims management to help make the process as smooth as possible for both the homeowner and insurance partner.

With 60 years of cleaning and restoration experience, ServiceMaster Restore has helped define the restoration industry through active participation within industry associations. We have developed proven processes for guiding homeowners through damage mitigation and restoration. This is evident through our customer satisfaction score which is one of the highest in the industry.
How does ServiceMaster Restore measure success?
We consistently maintain industry leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) ratings reflecting our unrivaled service. In addition, we monitor and measure specific requirements agreed upon with insurance carriers for service delivery referred to as service level agreements (SLAs). These SLAs are monitored in real-time to determine any adjustments and/or corrections needed to regularly deliver successful results.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about your industry?
One of the common misconceptions of the industry is simply a lack of awareness regarding the industry at all. Many people are completely unaware the industry exists unless they have experienced a loss which forced them to utilize the service. Another misconception of the industry is that all general contractors are specifically qualified in disaster recovery services, or that disaster recovery does not require professional help. There are industry organizations, in which we are both active contributors and participants, that have defined best practices and determined the recommended way to mitigate damage. The guidelines help establish and maintain industry training requirements. Another challenge of our industry is related to insurance. Because homeowners can be confused by insurance coverage, deductibles and the claims process in general, we have dedicated ourselves to helping homeowners through the claim and restoration process by providing the guidance they need.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
One of the biggest changes in the industry has been the adoption of mitigation programs by the insurance companies. More and more, insurance companies are creating formal programs to handle mitigation claims. Consumer behavior and involvement in the process has also changed. Not only are homeowners using technology during the initial research phase of the process, but they also expect a high level technology to be used throughout the process. This can include mobile notifications, online scheduling, online management of the claim process, and real-time data delivery. In the past, these services were typically provided by the insurance agent. However, now consumers look to the service provider for the solution.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about ServiceMaster Restore?
ServiceMaster Restore franchise owners, technicians and employees sincerely care about our customers. We understand the situation is difficult and that each home and customer is unique and needs to be handled with care. We take great pride in being able to help homeowners navigate through the process by providing the guidance and expertise they are looking for.
Has ServiceMaster Restore received any awards or recognition your customers would like to know about?
Our NPS score is consistently one of the highest in the industry.
How has ServiceMaster Restore grown or evolved?
ServiceMaster Restore is part of the ServiceMaster Family of Brands. In the past 12 months, our Family of Brands has served 5 million residential and commercial customers, visiting more than 75,000 homes per day. As the industry changes and our customers’ needs evolve, we must stay at the forefront of technology. We’re always improving our products and processes to be an industry leader for cleaning and restoration standards.

ServiceMaster Restore Company Information

1929
3839 Forest Hill-Irene Rd.
Memphis