Best Mold Removal in Indianapolis, IN
Mold is a natural part of our world. Outdoors, fungi help break down organic materials such as fallen leaves and dead trees. If mold grows indoors, however, it can cause health problems for your family and structural damage to your home. In humid, rainy places like Indianapolis, the conditions are right for mold to flourish.
Top 11 Indianapolis Mold Removal Companies
|ServiceMaster Restore||Read 1,300 Reviews|
ServiceMaster offers disaster-restoration services and specializes in repairing fire and water damage. It has been in business for more than half a century and currently operates over 4,500 franchises worldwide.
|A+ Restoration Services||Read Expert Review|
Provides free estimates with a lowest price guarantee. Specializes in mold removal from attics, basements and crawl spaces. Certified by the Indoor Air Quality Association.
|AdvantaClean Mold Removal Indianapolis||Read Expert Review|
Provides mold removal, water damage and air duct cleaning services. Uses advanced HEPA-filtered vacuums to clean ventilation systems. Employs IICRC-certified mold remediation technicians.
|Alpine Group||Read Expert Review|
Provides mold inspection, remediation and removal for homes and commercial buildings. Specializes in remediating mold within HVAC systems. Certified by IICRC.
|American Mold Experts||Read Expert Review|
Provides inspections and remediation services for residential and commercial properties. Mycotoxin testing and removal available. 100% organic mold remediation process is safe for children and pets.
|Five Star Complete Restoration||Read Expert Review|
Provides mold removal plus fire and smoke damage restoration. Utilizes specialty cleaners and HEPA vacuums to contain and sanitize the infected area. 24/7 emergency services are available.
|Indiana Mold Remediation||Read Expert Review|
Provides free pricing estimates. Services available for mold inspections, testing and removal. Specializes in mold removal from attics and crawl spaces.
|Michaelis Corp||Read Expert Review|
Provides services for mold remediation plus fire, smoke, storm and water damage restoration. Offers basement and crawl space waterproofing, foundation repair and roof repair and replacement.
|Midwest Remediation||Read Expert Review|
Provides mitigation and restoration for residential and commercial structures affected by mold, sewer, water and smoke damage. Works directly with insurance companies. Emergency services are available.
|Residential Mold Services||Read Expert Review|
Services include air quality testing, environmental relative moldiness index (ERMI) testing, swab testing and perimeter drain water management system testing. Provides free estimates.
|The Mold Removers LLC||Read Expert Review|
Specializes in certified mold testing, removal, cleanup and remediation services. Provides free phone consultations and in-home inspections.
Sometimes mold is evident and visible, but often it is hidden behind walls and ceilings, under floors or inside ductwork. Signs that you have a mold problem include musty odors, cracking or bubbling paint, water stains or warped drywall. In Indianapolis, mold problems are commonly caused by:
- Leaking pipes
- Roof damage
- Cracked or leaking foundations
- Poorly ventilated bathrooms and basements
- Condensation in air ducts
How to choose a mold remediation company
Indianapolis mold remediation companies evaluate and test for growth before safely removing mold. When choosing a mold removal company in Indianapolis, consider the company's:
- Reputation: Read reviews from former clients to see what they say about the company's customer service and results. Ask friends and family members who have hired mold removal companies what company they used and if they were satisfied with the results. Those close to you are usually eager to share when a company failed or exceeded their expectations.
- Experience and Certification: A company that has been in business for 10 years or more is prepared to handle any mold situation. You can also be confident that employees certified by organizations like the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), National Association of Mold Professionals (NAMP) and National Organization of Remediators and Mold Inspectors (NORMI) are expertly trained and qualified to resolve your mold problem. These agencies provide high-quality instruction and a clear set of uniform standards to ensure professionalism and trust in the mold remediation industry.
- Methods: There’s a reason mold removal is not a do-it-yourself job. Anyone removing mold should wear proper safety gear, and the work area should be sealed off to prevent contamination. Professionals use equipment such as high-efficiency particulate (HEPA) air scrubbers and vacuums, commercial-strength dehumidifiers and antimicrobial chemicals. A good mold removal company explains all the steps of the mold removal project in a way that is easy to understand. Many companies also talk directly to your homeowners’ insurance provider.
Indianapolis mold removal FAQ
- How much does mold removal cost in Indianapolis?
- The average cost for mold removal in Indianapolis is $2,500. However, the price varies based on the size, location and cause of the infestation and the damage it has caused. For example, mold removal caused by sewage flooding could cost up to $20,000. A severe, whole-house infestation that requires mold removal and structural repairs could cost $30,000 or more.
- How long does mold remediation take?
- Most mold remediation projects take one to five days to complete. Keep in mind that every situation is unique and the total time depends on many factors, including how much mold is present, where it is growing and what equipment is required.
- Does insurance usually cover mold damage?
- Some large national insurance companies cover mold damage if it's caused by a covered peril, including a ruptured pipe, a malfunctioning appliance or water damage from putting out a home fire. Claims for mold caused by lack of maintenance over time are likely to be declined. Even if it is covered, many homeowners’ policies state a maximum coverage limit that's usually between $1,000 and $10,000, so your policy may not cover the total cost.
- How much does a mold test cost in Indianapolis?
- The cost of a mold test in Indianapolis generally ranges from $300 for a small to medium home to $500 for a home larger than 5,000 square feet. The two main factors that affect mold testing cost are the size of your property and whether the inspector has to remove paneling or dig into crawl spaces for samples.
Indianapolis mold removal company information
Five Star Complete Restoration's employees are experts in mold removal. The company also handles water, fire and smoke damage restoration. Its process begins with a thorough inspection of your home to find the source and extent of your mold problem. Five Star is certified by the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and bills your homeowners’ insurance provider directly.
- Service areas: Indianapolis, Fort Wayne and Central Indiana
- Address: 17215 Harger Court, Noblesville, IN 46060
- Phone: (317) 288-2444
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: fivestarindy.com
Alpine Group provides mold inspection, remediation and removal for homes and commercial buildings throughout Central Indiana. The company is a ventilation system mold remediator (VSMR), and its staff has undergone rigorous training in the proper methods for remediating mold within HVAC systems. The company is also certified by the IICRC. A form to request an estimate and coupons for mold remediation can be found on Alpine's website.
- Service areas: Indianapolis and all of Marion and Hamilton counties
- Address: 5565 N. Tacoma Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Phone: (317) 713-6801
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: alpineairduct.com
Residential Mold Services specializes in mold testing and complete mold removal. Its mold and moisture detection services include air quality testing, environmental relative moldiness index (ERMI) testing, swab testing and perimeter drain water management system testing. Residential Mold Services removes mold and prevents mold from returning. The company is licensed and insured by the Professional Mold Inspection Institute.
- Service areas: Indianapolis metro area
- Address: 10625 Deme Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46236
- Phone: (317) 826-1700
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 6pm
- Website: rmsindy.com
The Mold Removers has more than 20 years of experience serving residential and commercial spaces in Indiana. Its staff is educated, certified and insured to provide professional testing, mold removal, cleanup and remediation services. The process begins with a free phone consultation and in-home inspection.
- Service areas: Indiana
- Address: Serves Indianapolis residents
- Phone: (317) 846-0977
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: themoldremovers.com
Midwest Remediation provides mitigation and restoration for structures affected by mold, sewage waste, water and smoke. The company has a certified indoor environmentalist on staff, and an IICRC technician is present on every job. Midwest Remediation guarantees projects will pass clearance or the company performs additional work at no charge.
- Service areas: Advance, Amo Arcadia, Atlanta, Avon, Bargersville, Beech Grove, Boggstown, Franklin, Greenfield, Greens Fork, Greenwood, Gwynnville, Hamilton County, Hancock, Morristown, Needham, New Palestine, Nineveh, Noblesville, North Salem and Paragon
- Address: 5858 Thunderbird Road, Indianapolis, IN 46236
- Phone: (317) 826-0940
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: mwremediation.com
Michaelis is a licensed and fully bonded contractor that’s been helping local families and businesses for more than three decades. Its mold and mildew experts are certified in mold testing and remediation. The company's technicians zero in on and remove bacteria and spores affecting your health and home. Michaelis also provides solutions for basement moisture issues to prevent future mold problems.
- Service areas: Marion, Hamilton, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Hancock, Morgan, Boone, Shelby and Brown counties
- Address: 2601 E. 56th St., Indianapolis, IN 46220
- Phone: (317) 251-1935
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: michaeliscorp.com
Indiana Mold Remediation recommends a visual inspection before you spend money on mold testing and provides estimates free of charge. Indiana Mold Remediation also focuses on preventing the recurrence of mold. Its team has provided mold remediation services to homeowners, city and county governments and universities.
- Service areas: Boone, Clinton, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Howard, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan, Shelby and Tipton counties
- Address: 634 Birch St., Westfield, IN 46074
- Phone: (317) 867-4766
- Hours: M - F: 9am - 5pm
- Website: indianamold.com
American Mold Experts' inspections include a full examination of the interior and exterior of your property, and testing is handled by an unbiased third-party lab. American Mold Experts offers mycotoxin testing, and the company's process guarantees mycotoxin removal. Its 100% organic mold remediation process is safe for children and pets.
- Service areas: Anderson, Avon, Bloomington, Brazil, Brownsburg, Carmel, Columbus, Crawfordsville, Danville, Fishers, Frankfort, Franklin, Greencastle, Greenfield, Greensburg, Greenwood, Hartford City, Indianapolis, Kokomo, Lafayette, Lawrence, Lebanon, Marion, Martinsville, McCordsville, Mooresville, Muncie, Nashville, New Castle, New Palestine, Noblesville, Plainfield, Rushville, Shelbyville, Spencer, Terre Haute, Tipton, Westfield and Zionsville
- Address: 137 Production Drive, Avon, IN 46123
- Phone: (317) 837-6665
- Hours: M - F: 8am - 5pm
- Website: americanmoldexperts.com
AdvataClean employs IICRC-certified mold remediation technicians and uses advanced equipment to locate, contain and eliminate mold. Testing includes taking air and surface samples, which are analyzed in a laboratory and returned to you with a conclusive report.
- Service areas: Indianapolis and Carmel
- Address: Carmel, IN 46032
- Phone: (317) 961-7758
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: advantaclean.com/indianapolis-in
A+ Restoration Services uses advanced techniques and equipment to ensure all mold in your home or business has been removed or returned to natural levels. A+ Restoration provides free estimates and a one-year guarantee on the company's work. It promises to beat any valid proposal by 10% with its lowest price guarantee.
- Service areas: Central Indiana
- Address: 1602 W. Smith Valley Road, Greenwood, IN 46142
- Phone: (317) 660-1467
- Hours: 24/7
- Website: water-damage-indianapolis.com