Hollywood Auditions

Compare Modeling & Talent Agencies

Research top Modeling & Talent Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I used the website in 2010 and paid $400 to find an agent and put NY photos online with acting resume but they kept changing agents and requesting more money. They even changed their number and used my photo on the children's listing and not the adult. I am so mad. I wanted a refund from the agency.

My photos are illegally showing up on google search engine. It's been several years, and have been calling and requesting this company to remove my photos online after the contract ended. I cannot login anymore on that website to delete my photos. Hollywood audition has refused to remove my photos instead the company is using my photos for their advertisement illegally, and without my permission or pay.

This company and many out there take advantage of the fact that people have dreams, and it's not right!! No matter what, always check reviews. These people want 400 bucks and then leave people in the dust!! Everybody needs to pay attention!! No acting company should charge fees. People who search pay fees, not the talent!!!

I went on to their website and filled out some information for modeling and acting. I then got a call from a Mr. **, who made everything about the company seem wonderful. He said that they would give me auditions to go to every week; that I would be making hundreds of dollars per gig and that they would pay for me to travel if I wanted to do auditions or jobs in other places. He then told me about the fees. At first I didn't want to do it because I know that you are not supposed to pay people for acting/modeling stuff. However, he said that I had to pay for the company to update my profile all the time; for people to work on my photos, etc. He made it all sound very believable.

I then gave him my information and told him I did not have money in my account, so do not charge me for a couple of days. He promised he wouldn't and that everything would be fine. Not even a few hours later, I got an alert that my account went negative and I saw that he charged me anyways. I immediately looked up the company and found out that it was a scam. They don't do any of that. I immediately called back and left a voicemail, saying I was not interested; do not charge my account or put my money back since I saw that he didn't listen and charged me anyways. Not surprisingly, I still have not gotten my money back. I had to cancel my credit card. I have not heard anything but fighting from them about how I owe them money now. My bank and I have to dispute their charges. Horrible! Do not work with them!

I called this Glen ** because he had called my twin granddaughters about acting and he said he had to have $389.00 each for the twins. I said I was on SSI I couldn't afford $389.00 x 2. So he then said, he would take both for $389.00 and he had to have the money the next day. So I googled it and found out it was a scam. Thank God, I didn't send Glen the money at Hollywood Auditions.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hollywood Auditions?

He called wanting my child to work for him for $389.00. When I said this was too much he stated how much do you have. I knew this was a scam. He then hung up the phone on me. Dealing with a child building up a dream and trying to get money out of a child.

My daughter got on this website, put her info, Mr.Lewis contacted my daughter, i called, he called me back saying for $389 he could help my daughter get in tha industry of acting/modeling! He was asking questions, about what kind of work my daughter has done, if we supported her! He wanted payment right away!!

I gave my credit card number n drivers license number 2 him over tha phone!!! But, i called my bank n canceled my card right away after my cuzin told me it was a scam! Mr. Lewis called me back from a private number saying my card was declined n i didnt have the funds to do this as i was using it as as excuse not to go thru with it!! i told him i googled his company and it was all a scam!! He replied if i googled other companies, id get tha same reply!!

Some time ago I received a random phone call from this guy named Art Fox who worked with hollywoodauditions. how he got my number I do not know. I am an aspiring actress and I had gotten worked up on the excitement of finally being discovered so I listened to what he had to say. He asked how old i was and i said i was 17. He said that since i was that age i would need an adult on the phone with me so i got my mama. He explained how things worked and sweet talked us with things like "You are a very talented person" and "your daughter has alot of potential to make it in this business" thing of that nature.

He said that it was a 385 dollar charge for three years and a list of auditions in my region and was asking us for a credit card number. I told him that I did not have a credit card so he had asked "well are you near a bank?" I knew nothing of how to get a bank account at the time and wasn't ready to get one so I told him "No." Then he asked if we was near a Wal-Mart. I anwsered yes. so then he said "ok great. Well if you are you could RUSH THERE AND APPLY FOR A PRE-PAID DEBIT CARD put the money on there and call me back." We told him that we could do that because we did not have that amount of money on us at the time. He kept trying to reason with us asking if I at least had $100 on me to reserve my spot because space is limited. I told him no but when I get the money I would call him back.

So my mama and I talked this over because it sounded like a liget market. I went to their website and browsed around and veiwed others testomonies then made the decision but i did not think about seeing the scam reports on the internet. So later in the week we call back and I set up and account with only half of the money. I got my confirmation and so on then went from there. He even told me that how ever much effort i put in the emailing auditions is what I get out. So I emailed and contacted almost all the best listings and in weeks time NOTHING WAS HAPPENING!!! I had no phone calls from casting directors or nothing. He even told me that the 385 was including a disc that they would send out to casting directors to veiw and they would contact me if I had any that liked me. I HAVE HAD NONE CONTACT ME. HollywoodauditionsIt has been 2 YEARS and I haven't got a job yet from that site. I quit putting out information to those "auditions" because they are all replicas that are swichted around "EVERY WEEK" no new auditions come to them every week. They also tell you that you only pay 385 that covers three years so that you don't have to contact them often and when you realize what's happening it's to late. they also say that ALL THE CURRENT AUDITIONS HOLLYWOOD HAS TO OFFER THEY KNOW ABOUT AND POST THEM EVERY WEEK FOR MEMBERS TO VIEW......this is a S.C.A.M!!!!! It stands for Stupid Conartist After Money!!!!

Some mounths after I stopped sending audition request I contacted Art Fox again to complain but EVERYTIME I call he is NEVER there. This guy named Jeff started assiting me. He is doing nothing but covering up Fox's trail buy saying "he don't work for them any more", "he's having family issues" or have the secretary leave a message so that people wont harass them. EVERYTIME I CALL I GET SOMEONE DIFFERENT!! PLEASE!!!!!!!! HollywoodauditionsTO ALL UPCOMING AND ASPIRING PERFORMERS DO NOT PAY FOR ANY AUDITIONS!!!! They try to sugar coat the fact that you do have to pay but IT IS NOT TRUE!!!The only reason that want you to pay is so you can PAY SOMEONE ELSE'S EXPENSES. If they are all what they say the are they will send you to auditions for free and GET YOU JOBS FIRST!!! I WAS YOUNG AND DUMB WHEN THIS HAPPENED. Its okay if you've fallen in this hole but not okay if you can't get out of it. Although acting is a competive business we must wacth out for scams together and that is why i posted this complaint. These people are only in it for their self interest and living off of TALENT'S HARD EARNED MONEY. Becuse they are too lazy to find a REAL ONE that don't involve PRAYING ON HOPE!!! So all in all DON'T SIGN WITH HOLLYWOODAUDITIONS!!! They are frads, scamers, conartist, wanna-bes, prederators, MONEY HUNGRY and every other unrealistic lie. If it's to good to be true...It is. They couldn't make it in the industry so they are going to stop others. This is a surival of the fittest game.

I was just seeing that it may be a scam and I paid them some money! I gave them money and important information.

I entered into contract agreement with HollywoodAuditions.com six months ago, and payed $387.00 to be added to their website, and to receive audition information via email letter from this service. These promises are advertised on their website, and were promised to me by Michael Riley, a personal manager with HollywoodAuditions.com. After six months, I had received no information at all from this company, and when I attempted to contact Michael Riley via email and via phone regarding my concerns with service, I received absolutely NO reply.

On October 9th, 2002, I called HollywoodAuditions.com again to request a refund and a cancellation of my membership, and was told that Michael RIley would not be disturbed. An assistant at the company then called me back directly to tell me that my money would be refunded to the credit card company I had originally used to purchase my membership.

A few minutes later, Michael RIley called me again on my personal cell phone to inform me, very forcefully, that I had no valid complaints, that it was my job to ensure that I received information from HollywoodAuditions.com and that I would no receive any refund. I informed him that I had attempted to contact him regarding my complaints and the fact that I had received no information, but because Mr. Riley was becoming so forceful and rude towards me, I then said that I would simply cancel my membership and relay to acqauinatnces of mine who might be interested in the service that I had been mistreated by HollywoodAuditions.com

Later, Mr. RIley called my personal cell phone number again and threatened me. In a recorded message, Mr. Riley says that if you attempt to dipute your charges with your credit card company, we will freeze your credit for nine years, so that you won't be able to get a car loan or anything like that.

HollywoodsAuditions.com refused to refund the $387.00 I spent on this service, refused any admonition that my claims were valid, and its personal management harassed and threatened me via my personal phone line.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hollywood Auditions specializes in helping actors prepare for and land auditions and roles in productions. The company provides a database of available jobs and auditions for working talent to browse through.

• Audition database: Hollywood Auditions has an extensive database of upcoming auditions and available roles, and it is a valuable resource for anyone looking for a job.
  • Talent CD-Rom: The company has a talent CD-Rom with the headshots and resumes of clients that it sends to casting directors, helping actors gain exposure to the people who can give them jobs.
  • Casting director network: Hollywood Auditions sends out information about available talent to a network of more than 5,000 casting directors regularly, which means talent that works with the company has many opportunities for exposure to people hiring in the industry.
  • Photographer’s database: People who need headshots can find photographers by searching the site's database. The site also provides clients with advice on taking good pictures.
  • Schools listing: People who want to attend a training school or program can find a list of good acting and modeling schools on the site.
  • Best for Aspiring actors.

Compare Modeling & Talent Agencies