hibu - The publisher of Yellowbook

At hibu, we use cutting-edge digital and print marketing solutions to help small and medium-sized businesses get found by the consumers they want to reach. We help put our clients ahead of their competition, and help them grow their business.

Compare Business Services

Research top Business Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Hibu made many promises to me concerning SEO and Digital Marketing for my company, but they produced no results during a 3 month time period. Although they continually sent glowing reports via email, this translated into zero productivity. We received no telephone calls, or email inquiries from prospective customers. Do not waste your money! The staff at Hibu are only good at taking your money, but are unable to produce results.

I am a small business owner, gardening and landscaping. I don't need a large volume of customers because I am always out in the field and I just need one worker. So I don't try to advertise to get more and more. Hibu Yellowbook works for me with a small ad, and people that need my services call me not on everyday basis but I get few calls during the month and in a sense is part of my bread and butter. Because of that I've been advertising with them for a number of years. Every single year I have to be behind them for me to get on board. Every year there is some issue either with spelling, or not following up with art work or phone calls. I've finally had it. I was afraid I was gonna miss the boat this year 2016 and guess what? I sure did. After trying to get in touch with the regional agent, Adelina **, she calls me saying that they were trying and trying to get in touch with me.

In my ad, I have not only my office number but also my cell. Besides they have my email address. Today I spoke to her manager, who is defending her to death. He told me the same story, that they try to call many times. If they did, they are so tunnel vision that they only called one number, my office. Let's suppose that they did, why not try my cell, or shut me an email where they would have hard evidence but they didn't. Besides the manager Alex ** was kind of offensive, he was trying to lecture me on following up with the messages they left, and then he offensively told me "You should invest on a phone." I will complain to their headquarters. Very bad customer relations.

I think they don't think my ad is big enough to do business with me. They don't follow up with aggressiveness. I predict that they'll be out of business in few years. They need aggressive professional personnel. I am not an office guy, but I understand business, I understand productivity, I understand good customer relations. I not only understand, but I use modern technology for communication. I have good customer relations, and I stay busy all the time. Good luck doing business with them.

They promised us the world to get us to sign up for 3 months. We were to get 370 contacts per month for spending $12,000 each month. After the first week of no action at all, I started inquiring with my rep and web adviser and kept getting different stories. After 3 weeks I had a conversation with one of their web advisors and she told me I was lied to by my representative. After much complaining they actually let me out of the contract but are now suing me to try and get me for the first month's fees. They will also try and sue you personally. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

We wasted over $3,000 with this company. They refused to cancel our contract and tried to continually tell me that we were actually having great results. We did not have new leads come in, they told us it because of our website... which they created. Please do not waste your money with this company!

I subscribed to this service only because of a member of my BNI (Business Network International) group worked for them. He seemed to know a lot about SEO etc., but what do I know about it? Nothing. Anyway, he set up a meeting with him and the Google PPC campaign guru to give me all the information and pricing I needed to get started. Well, I signed up for a $1500/month campaign because I was told my city got 40,000 searches a month for roofers, plus I would only be charged for clicks to my website. Not true! They pulled the old bait and switch on me.

After a month with zero clicks, I started to complain to the sales guy. He assured me I was only going to get changed for the clicks, so I let it go. After the second month, I got hit with a $1500 bill and when I called him about it, he said I was paying that much no matter what and that I would be getting a credit for only one month if I didn't get my money's worth at the end of 3 months. This is NOT what he told me when I signed up and when I complained about it. I am going to contact the BBB, Ripoff report.com etc. Also, if I don't get my money back now and allowed to cancel this contract, I will get an attorney!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about hibu?

Do not use these people for any of your business advertising as they will mess it up completely. I used them a couple of years ago and they were so bad I got the advertising cancelled and my money back. I have recently been contacted by them again saying that all the problems I had before had been sorted so I decided to give them another chance, big mistake. I received an email stating my Adwords advertising has gone live but it wasn't showing at all. After numerous calls I managed to get that sorted but it was being seen 24/7 and not the designated days and times I wanted.

Also the number that was being displayed was for another company so I was getting calls from people who wanted to hire a van but I'm actually a locksmith. I complained so much my account managers manager said he would get it all cancelled which was music to my ears and the advertising disappeared shortly afterwards. I thought that was that but today they took the monthly payment from my bank and when I called to complain yet again they said the account had not been cancelled and is still active. My problems still go on as I now have a fight on my hands again to get my money back. Also I have given them 1 star cause I'm unable to give no stars.

Absolutely the very worst advertising you can buy! They promised to build a website, which was never completed, but they started billing me a monthly fee despite doing absolutely nothing for me. I paid them about $1400 for absolutely nothing. If they weren't a large corporation, it would be theft.

So we recently just closed our shop and we called to let them know to cancel our services with hibu. She offered 2 months free since we are closing done, we thought we were done with it. Then the following month we receive a deduction on our account for hibu after we already cancelled! We called and after arguing and arguing with them over and over and explained we already cancelled we were still not refunded our money we were not supposed to be charged in the first place. I would definitely NOT recommend them at all!!!

I am a current customer of hibu and I am extremely disappointed of their services. They failed to do everything they promised they will do at the time we had to sign the agreement. My business moved almost a year ago to a new location. Someone called me from hibu and offered us their Wave services, saying that they will take care of most of the online listings, like google, yellow pages, google... and will make sure the business appears with the new address, phone number, maps. Everything sounded like we don't have to worry about a thing, and they will take care of all that. We did sign up for the service Wave, which is about $30.00 per month and we thought we are all covered. It's been at least 7-8 months since then, and my listings are still a mess, showing all different locations.

I have customers calling us to complain, that they went to the listed location and they didn't find us! Not to mention that for some of the listings I had to do it myself, and for the one they did it took about 6 months, and they put in the information wrong!!! I have called several times to complain about that, and I wanted to cancel their services since I am not getting anything they promised, but they wouldn't cancel since there is a contract for one year.

They are just taking the money out of my account monthly without providing anything! It is not only the monthly payments, but the business we lost from all the customers that couldn't find us, and also the time we lost with them over the phone trying to resolve the issue. I guess I have no other choice but wait till the year pass, so they stop taking the money from the account and in a meanwhile I have to pay another company to take care of the issue. Simply, I want to warn all the business owners out there that are about to sign up with hibu: DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY! IT'S A SCAM!!!

Hibu took two years to refund an overpayment, and then they put the wrong name on the check!

I am being billed $699 a month for zero results. One email says I must wait for 6 months to cancel, another says one year. I told them I would not pay them because their services were not what was represented by their rep. We shall see where it goes from here. They should be forced out of business. They are a scam!!!

They are expensive, the salesman doesn't follow up as promised, and a mistake they put on my website made me look like a dishonest fool, even though I told them to correct it before they put it up. Awful company to do business with. Avoid at all costs.

BEWARE! DO NOT SIGN THEIR CONTRACT! Our company is being charged monthly even after we have cancelled with them. They are charging us for clicks on a website that are not for us. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

HIBU does absolutely nothing for you. My representative Adrew ** made a lot of "great" promises that is not true. Now he doesn't work for them any longer, I get a name of a new representative (Kevin **) and he doesn't answer my calls (called 3 times). They tell you, "You can cancel anytime," but that's NOT true. Then when your business listing is not climbing on the search or your information was not updated on all these "wonderful sites that will bring you business" they tell you, "YOU have to do a few things on your own to increase your SEO potential."

When the rep shows up to your office, after you pay they tell you they will "EMAIL" you the contract should have been my first clue, because what he says and what's on the contract is two different things. By then you already paid and signed. ZERO STARS for this company. They are basically taking your monthly payment and doing absolutely NOTHING for you. This is more of a SCAM than anything else.

I was contacted today by a hibu Sales Rep. about re-doing our business website. I asked him to send me the information via email. I found the fact that there was a recurring monthly charge for designing a website concerning. The sales rep never mentioned that. I checked hibu's reviews and found them to be bad. Hence it was an easy decision not to use this company. THANKS!

Hello Shylea, If I can assist in anyway, please let me know. Please respond providing the name of your account and the best number & time to contact you.

hibu Customer Service

Consumer Increased Rating!

Hibu responded to the complaint on a timely basis and provided a refund within 1 week. Follow-up was done by the representative. The original review was strictly a reflection of my phone and email contact with customer service. Our representative was always professional and tried her best to make the situation work.

Jane of Ashford, CT on

Original Review

After spending 45 minutes on the phone setting up my website, I received the link 10 days later. I was appalled by the amateurish writing and lack of cohesiveness. I immediately contacted Hibu to cancel. I was told that I could have a free rewrite and to send them the copy I wanted. Why would I need them? I gave a $399 deposit, pages of copy and 50 pictures to use. I followed up 6 times by phone and email before the cancellation was authorized. Today I followed up to see when my deposit would be refunded and was told it took 3 weeks to process. This is after it took three weeks just to get the cancellation approved. The worst company I've ever dealt with.

Hibu was unable to find a proper widget to complete our website. I paid in advance and requested a refund when they were unable to complete the site. It is now eight months later and they have refused to give a full refund. Don't trust them! You will be ripped off!

Every year there are misrepresentations with this company. This year I reiterated and documented. However their trick is you sign but they can’t give you a copy until later. Which you never get. Take a lot of notes if you use them and keep documentation. They added my 2015 contract to my 2016 contract so I was paying for 2 years together for the 2016 contract saying the old one auto renewed. Makes no sense other than you get ripped off big if you’re not careful. If they get your checking they go to town and charge large amounts you do not owe. I don’t know how they keep getting away with it. But please stand your ground or like us we will not use them next year.

I have been sued by HIBU 3 months after my business had to close. Pay attention to your contract. If your business experiences hard times they will sue whoever signature is on the contract. The signature is a personal liability contract. HIBU tried to get a judgement lien on my property and forced me to file bankruptcy to protect my family from losing our home. The good news is HIBU is now itself struggling and filing for bankruptcy to protect itself from lawsuits. What comes around goes around HIBU.

These people are crooks, they charge through the nose for each phone calls even ones that aren't relevant to your business. Even after attempting to cancel my subscription with them for a year now. They failed to cancel the subscription for one book. They still send me a bill each month for a service I no longer need or want. I get billed for advertisers calling 30 times a day, it's getting to the point I want to stop listing my phone number and become an online-only business.

They automatically renewed me without calling. Now they are saying that I have to pay for a full year. Also I'm pretty sure that they are the ones that had me listed 4 1/2 hours away from where I actually am. Totally wrong zip code and as a business, that is not good.

Very disorganized company, I have been charged over $7000 for website service that was advertised 2 states away from our location. That problem got solved by getting a full refund. The other incident was our company was charged for website hosting that was not published, but was on their server. Do not use this company. Their web developers are not professionals at all. They will put together a quick generic website that is cheesy and undesirable and start charging for it even if you don't approve of it. We will never use hibu or Yellowbook for any advertising service in the future at all.

No good. Website design is very outdated, and also they're not mobile responsive designs. They're just templates.

I received a bill through a creditor with this company's name of HIBU DIGITAL. I have never even spoken to this company. I have no idea what this company is or what they do. Even worse it's a bill for a company and I am not even a company. I'm being threatened for a bill that I don't even know of. When I called I was hung up on. This is crazy. I hope this goes to court. I know the judge will enjoy this case. Be warned of some company called HIBU DIGITAL EVERYONE.

The billing statements have not been arriving for the last months and now they send an email stating that they have been trying to contact us but we have never received one email, phone call, and contacted by mail. I have been with this company before they became Hibu. The rep I have is nice but the actual company is needing to be overhauled.

I was tricked into signing up with HIBU to advertise in Yellow Book. IT IS A SCAM SCAM SCAM. I was told I could cancel anytime but didn't read the fine print that said I was locked in for a year. I am currently getting charged $28 a call for bogus phone calls. For example, I was charged for people calling me trying to sell me ad space. Or people calling me out of state. Also, I was charged for people calling me for services I do not even provide. When I would call to complain or try to end my subscription they would threaten me with their legal team. SCAM SCAM SCAM. You can only lose money. They will rip you off!!!

We had an account representative come into the business where I work and when I told her we weren't interested she got really rude, saying that she wished she had come in before "her sister hired us". Even if we did need service I wouldn't go with them after her attitude.

hibu keeps calling me on a weekly, and sometimes 2-3x per day, about updating our listing with Google, Yellow book and websites. When I tell them no, they say it's for the coming year. I have told them multiple times to take us off their calling list. They said that there is no list and I have to go on Google to stop this. What a crock of crap! The fine is huge! I do not want their services. It is ridiculous the harassment we get from them at our company. They are rude and disrespectful. The next step is the FTC!

I contacted them over 6 months ago and requested that they not list me in the upcoming phone book. They told me no problem and I left it at that. 6 months later they call me demanding payment. They said they had no record of me calling previously and wanted me to provide written proof of my phone call and cancellation. I told them I was told over the phone that I would not be listed again. They are now demanding over $400 from my business that has been closed for 6 months for a listing that has phone numbers that are cancelled and for an address that is no longer there.

A direct sales staff came to my business soliciting business. By the time I was ready to use their service, the sales rep no longer worked there. I then googled hibu and was able to talk to someone. What he represented on the first phone call was totally different from what finally transpired. I was desperate to find someone to get a website up. They represented to do a website with no obligation until I approve the site to go live, then it will be charged monthly $99.99 (original phone quote was $69.99). The add-on wave service is $29.99/month. Also no obligation until the website service goes live and approved. They got someone on the phone and get all of the information to build the website.

First draft was sent, but then the staff asks me to edit the site. I gave the staff what I want edited, but the staff insisted on me writing it. The only reason I seek professional help is that I am not a writer, and also do not have the time. Now these so called professional staff asks me to write and finish the draft. At this point, I know this is not the company I want to deal with. I told this support staff to cancel everything. I then was bounced back and forth with this guy and the sales staff. Finally it took weeks to get it canceled. And in April 4, I finally got a cancellation order. Well, then I saw charges on my visa card that hibu was charging me $51.63. I then filed a visa dispute, and called the company. They gave me this excuse and said I was on a 12 month contract for the wave service.

Well, they were not supposed to even start that until I approved the website service. In addition they had done nothing to improve all of the public listings. I had proof in May that all of the internet presence was still with different names, different addresses etc. I had to be on the phone with multiple people, many hours, and threaten this review before they would issue another cancellation order. I still have to waste time to complete the visa dispute to get the hibu charges removed. I thought other people should know these bad experiences to avoid getting hurt in the future. Do not use this company. They are a fraud and a scam.

hibu - The publisher of Yellowbook Company Profile