3.43/5
  • 1 star
Based on 30 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 3, 2017

34 Xerox Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

While most everything is okay about the card, there is one problem that essentially negates all of the benefits. You cannot access a live representative. It seems they caught on to the old trick of calling and pressing & saying absolutely nothing to be transferred by default to a live person and replaced it with a default that apologizes for your trouble but then tells you to call later, says goodbye, and then hangs up on you. (That was prior to the Xerox takeover). I've tried several times to enter wrong info and it either locks your card (if you've entered it), forces you to change your pin, or, if you tried to press the option to report a lost or stolen card it does it through automation and before you know it, your card is dead and you've been charged for a replacement that you'll receive in a lengthy 7 to 10 to 21 business days.

Prior to the switch from Virginia Eppicard Program to the Xerox Way2Go Program, it was hard, but not impossible to reach a live person. The switch to Xerox is when the problem became exponentially worse. As an added note, you get no notices about anything. When my ex caught up on his arrearages, I wasn't notified. I simply received lesser credits. Now, my credits are sporadic, at best, and the dollar amounts and number of credits varies. I can't count on anything. I have numerous recorded phone attempts of me trying to reach a human voice. You can hear me speaking to the prompts from time to time and you can hear me entering numbers at varying prompts. It's absolutely infuriating. My next steps will be to contact Xerox. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this yet. But I'm going to try. I'll try to post an update if I can.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We have been in an abusive relationship with Xerox since 2006. It was not bad the first six years, then it started turning ugly. We currently have a c60 which was supposed to be better than the previous 550 but it's not as good as that one. I understand that maybe we should lease their state of the art machines, but for a rent of over 1k a month, we should be getting better quality. As far as the image, this is not that bad but paper comes out crooked as it always have been.

Most of the technicians that come fix it when the machine breaks are nice but can't figure out what's wrong. Once one of their managers came and fix it, broke it apart piece by piece and after 2 days left it without fixing it. Thank God one of our technicians came in and fixed it. I have a 1000 bad to tell about Xerox. This is just one of them. We're thinking to try Canon when our contract expires but who knows if all printer suppliers are unethical. Don't let them fool you before you sign a contract!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I e-mailed to ask if my copy machine is really equipped with the color function & if so how to set that. The product support can be described as weak. A very simple question, which you should inform (for future knowledge) & pass through to me is referred to a phone number. That where your customer is satisfied & you have more info to take care of your customers. Before you call that number, take your blood pressure medicines, because I got an Amanda on the phone who does not allow you to talk & when you finally do, she just says "I’m not going to argue with you" before hanging up. I'll just throw away this machine & NEVER EVER buy a Xerox again. Bad for my health.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Moved in early 2017 to new office and made the huge mistake of "buying local." We ended up with a leased machine, recommended by Kavanaugh's Office City as a great machine with great support. Unfortunately, what we got was a machine that is consistently jammed; off-line; missed faxes; hurt business because we're on the phone - TO JAMAICA - with Xerox customer "support" (It is actually not what I would call support. It appears to be a huge waste of time and resources.). Now in a lease deal with a machine that is not working and my ONLY OPTION IS CALLING AN 800 NUMBER that connects me to someone in JAMAICA. Oh, please, if you are looking to avoid suffering, just buy a sledgehammer and hit yourself in the head instead - but DO NOT BUY XEROX.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I've made calls and emails to Dahill and Xerox without a single return of either. We leased a machine and apparently just want the payment and copy counts. Their lack of effort leaves me committed to a lease that they know they have me stuck to. Can't add an image as they haven't answered my request for a copy of it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox?

Original review: June 2, 2017

Nothing good to say about Xerox. Leased a C60 Xerox printer with all the accessories to produce booklets and this machine hasn't work since day one. This machine was recommended by factory salesperson in Canada. This machine now sits because they cannot make it work and Xerox expects me to keep paying the lease payments. I refuse to pay for a machine that will not work. I expected a Cadillac of a machine and what I got was comparable to a Ford model T.

I have had level 1 and level 2 technicians (nice people) but even they can't make it work. The lease agreement is that we pay a fee per page and Xerox supplies toner, we were out of toner for two weeks and they finally told us to go borrow some from the local college. I have had to outsource our printing at a huge cost because this machine will not work. Everything you can imagine has gone wrong with it, from the software to mechanical, local and factory service, slow speed, print quality, leaking toner cartridges, folding and stapling. Now we are in a legal battle with Xerox over this machine because they expect us to pay for a machine that they can't make work and refuse to take it back!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

My Xerox printer was the most reliable printer I've had to date. I have and would recommend it again and again to anyone who is looking for a durable and reliable printer. Super easy to use and figure out and never leaves you questioning what the problem could be. The speed was efficient, nothing to complain about, but could definitely be better. In this case though, the many, many goods of the printer outweigh the bad, making the speed not an issue at all. It gets the job done. This is honestly the greatest printer I've ever owned! The price is right and this thing will last you for years and years with little to no maintenance and repairs.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

It was very reliable. It printed and copied all material I ran through it. I had very few problems with it. Was easily loaded and easily maintained. Copier was very easy to use. It came with clear easy to understand detailed instructions for use and maintenance. Parts and supplies were easy to find at local retailers. Speed was very acceptable for my use and was high quality. I printed everything I needed it for in a reasonable amount of time. It never let me down. My printer was reasonably priced and a great value. It cost a little more but was worth the extra money for the quality and performance I received.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

I have had many others before and I got to say this has been the best. Fast, easy, never have to worry, always working and I mean always. Nothing to worry me. Very easy to use, never hangs up and is always ready to go when I need something fast. I never get errors and never need support. I have loved it. Top of the line speed. Great speed that beats all others. No other type printer is gonna match it I promise. The price was up there but if you want quality you gotta pay for quality and I say it's worth it. I will never go back. Great thing come from quality and it's worth it.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2016

Sometimes they jammed or wouldn't work correctly but all printers do that. I am satisfied with Xerox overall as it has made printing much faster and easier. The printers take a little bit of practice to master because there are so many controls and functions, but once you memorize what does what, it makes printing in bulk easy and fast. The reason they are one of my favorite companies is the speed at which their printers can print documents. They come out warm and perfectly done in a matter of seconds. Much better than old printers that take up to 30 seconds to print a page. They are a little expensive but with price comes quality. I am proud to say they are one of the best printers I ever owned with speed and quality of service.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2016

I can always rely on this product no matter what is going on. Especially if I'm in a hurry! The printer will most definitely keep you happy and stay running for whenever you need it. This printer is extremely easily to understand with whoever is dealing with it. The manual is easy to understand and read and if you can't find out what to do you just go online and search whatever you need to do. This printer is fast, faster than a usual printer but it could be faster. I feel as if this printer is definitely upper class because of the speed of the printing abilities. The value of this printer is priceless seriously. The amount of money that you pay for this is definitely worth it because you're honestly getting the greatest quality printer.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2016

This printer is great and reliable. I have had a great experiences with this product and would highly recommend it to all of my family and friends. This printer has very good ease of use. It is easy to cooperate and understand. The speed of this printer is very fast. It prints out very fast and easy. I love this product. The value of this printer is very nice. It was inexpensive for how great it works.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I have had this printer for years and have not had any problems with it. Most other printers I have experienced paper jams or other technical malfunctioning. Overall I would give the product a five star. This product is very easy to use. My ten year old son uses this with no problems. It is pretty much self explanatory with instructions right on the machine. The printing speed has never been an issue or even a second thought about it. It has a reliably fast printing speed that I am very happy with it. I feel like this product is very worth what you pay for it. Some other printers might be cheaper but you get what you pay for. I feel like you're paying a little extra for a lot more quality and longevity.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I have the Phaser 3260. It is an award winning model. So far it has been very reliable and I have never had a problem with it. Can print over 20 pages a minute if needed. Very easy to use for copying a lot of copies at a time or one or two, changing the ink is easy and I have never had to do any maintenance on it since we have been using it. Twenty-nine pages a minute is pretty speedy, you can do smaller quantities and they are very fast. Gets the job done fast and reliable. The cost of the machine was under $200.00. I think that is a good value for what the machine does. I forgot to mention that it also does two sided pages and has built in wifi.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

My Xerox printer is very reliable. Never one time has it fails me. Every time I needed to print it did its job very crystal clear. Never had me unsatisfied one time. My Xerox printer is the easiest printer I've ever used. It was very self-explanatory. The buttons were large and the writing was large. I've had plenty of printers and never were they this easy. The speed of mine Xerox printer is unbelievable. It's the fastest printer I've ever experienced. I've had plenty of printers and never in my life have I had to speed that this one is. It is so fast. I would recommend this printer to anybody. My Xerox printer had an exceptional value the price I paid for it. With the speed it gives me, the color photos or prints and the easy use buttons, and the large tree print the value is actually very cheap. I would expect something with this many qualities so genuine to be very much more expensive. It's a very good value.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

Very reliable years ago for both work and personal use but can't recommend now since I'm not familiar with current printers. Would be unfair to give an opinion of the current printers. Easy to use and maintain. The workplace models would break down from time to time and need maintenance from an outside source but had no problems with the personal/home model. Since my model was older the speed was slow but the newer models are faster. Again, not having recent experience I have no comparison to other makes in the market today as to speed performance. Not familiar enough with the recent prices and performance and therefore can't evaluate the value in relationship to other makes in the market.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016

We have a high volume and it was able to keep up with minimal wear and tear and optimum speed and quality. I love it. Never had any problems with it. Very easy to use and simple computer language used that anybody of any age range could figure out how to use. I would recommend to anyone. Fast warm up time and kept up with the high demands of the office plus it can hold lots of paper. The speed was amazing on how it kept up the demands of a high functioning business office. It was very expensive but I figure you get what you pay for and I feel I got something that will totally last for the long haul and keep up the high demands of a very busy business office plus the warranties can't be beat.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

Very reliable printer. It works great! Color is vibrant and efficient use of ink. I do not need to replace it often and use it daily. Easy to set up and use. Even my wife had no trouble using it and she is not tech savvy. This leads to less headaches for me. Thank you Xerox! Well done! Works very fast and not many paper jams. Can print out quality pages in little time which works great for when I am in a rush. Even with large print projects. Great printer with an average price. Would buy again. Have zero regrets buying this Xerox printer. Would do again. It is a quality product.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The printer was fast and ran well for several months. However, it was loud and had frequent paper jams if you didn't fan the paper before putting it in. The printer was easy to use with a helpful digital interface. It was also well marked so you could easily figure out how to use different functions, like the scanner, or double sided printing. It printed black and white pages very quickly. Color printed a little more slowly. I would guess that it printed bout 15 to 20 pages per minute. The printer cost a little more than inkjet printers but it was worth it because the quality of the printing is much better. Also, I needed to be able to print on ledger sized paper to make posters.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2016

The printer lasted for several years and the ink cartridges were really good, they lasted a long time before I had to buy new ones. I think I only got a paper jam 2 or 3 times in 5 years. I had a little difficulty getting the software connected to my computer at first. I think its wireless capabilities could be easier. But once I got it up and running it was great and became much quicker and easier to use. I never had to wait for the printer to warm up and process requests for more than a minute. It worked really well and it never was a wait that made me frustrated. I think there were a few quirky things about my printer that could have been stronger. Then set up and programming took more effort than it should have. But overall it was quick and reliable and good.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2016

It always works and I have never had a problem with it. All I do is turn it on, connect it to my computer, and we are ready to go! The best printer ever. It's so easy, really. Even a beginner would find that using this printer is fun, simple, and easy. The results are the best. I enjoy printing and using this printer. The speed of this printer is super fast. Even when I am printing a high definition picture, it prints it so fast. Never misses with printing and the speed is awesome. It's a decent priced printer. It's not too expensive. But it is a great printer so you do have to spend a reasonable, but not bank breaking amount.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2016

This printer always performs well. It's reliable, really easy to use, and is a high-quality machine. I'm very glad that I have it, as I use it often. I think a Xerox printer must be one of the easiest printers to operate. Of course, Xerox was pretty much the golden standard of printers when I was a little girl, and it still remains just as strong of a brand today, so you really can't go wrong with this brand of printer. I'm very pleased with the speed of my Xerox printer. I'm not sure how fast all other printers go, but this printer certainly perform fast enough for me. I believe with technology that you truly get what you pay for. If you want a crummy printer, you can buy a cheap, generic machine. Otherwise, buy a piece that will perform efficiently and with clarity, like a Xerox printer, that will last for years and years.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2016

It did okay but was a little slow and I didn't really care about it much. I obviously do not use it anymore. It didn't feel special and it was not fast at all. There were times it was unreliable or had a hard time connected. Sometimes it worked and sometimes you had to tweak with it for a bit. It was definitely unstable. It had connection issues so it needed your patience. Sometimes if you needed to be quick and prompt, this was not the scanner you looked forward to using. That's for sure. It was fair for the price. That saying that you get what you pay for is true. I would have been willing to pay more for speed had I known this was as slow as it is.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I have had no problems, prints well, quick response to printing request, clear crisp print, quickly prints papers when there is a lot of pages to print. Not very loud either, uses very little electricity. Very easy to use. Set up is very simple only takes minutes, the buttons on the printer is very clear and simple. Basically just turn it on and start printing. The speed is very fast. You can do a lot of pages in a short amount of time. Does not freeze up when you use a lot of pages. It is a time saver. Great value. Very cheap to run. The cost of the printer compare to other printers is very competitive. Does not use as much ink as other printers that I have used.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

One of the best brands out there. It can be a little pricey, but you want a good printer that lasts a long time. I've found that the printer cartridges are inexpensive. It's easy to use, but some older people might have issues. It comes with easy to use instructions and you look up plenty of information online. The model I purchased is super fast and I use it for work as well as personal. The paper feed is also very fast, which is helpful if you have multiple documents to print. The price of the printer was a little more expensive than other, but you want a quality printer that won't break down as much vs the typical throwaway printers you find on sale.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2016

There are so many printers out there today but for the long haul one cannot beat this printer. I am totally satisfied with our company’s printer that we purchased 2 of these awesome printers. This is as easy as 1-2-3 and you will love the service this printer puts out. The copies almost look like the originals because that’s how good this printer is. This is right up there with the best that is out there. We relied very heavy on getting material copied and sent out and this printer serves our purpose. The cost is a little high but for the things this printer will do for you. The value makes up for it. Try it for yourself and you will see.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2016

Printed good but went through ink within the first month of being used. Ink is also expensive but that is common with every other printer on the market. It looks pretty complicated which sometimes it can be if you are older and didn't read up on it. Personally I used my phone if I had any problems printing with it. Extremely fast for being a printer. Once you sent the file over it was printed within 15 seconds and came out looking great at the same time. Also the ink was dry. Good for what it is, the only big problems are minor and are easily fixable and if not customer service is always available for those who need it.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

My name is Robert ** and I once worked for your company here in Saint John New Brunswick. I was a member of the GDO department with Xerox. I was with your company for over 5 years and enjoyed each day I went to work. I was happy with my position and felt that this was one of the best call centers made available to those many job seekers, and felt that your management was good as well. Indeed there were issues, like all call center we have issues and one of the issues that I felt needed some attention costed me my job with your company, an issue that needs to be addressed so that we can once again see fair employment in the workplace.

I was fired for asking for a meeting with your head of the GDO department, I was given no notice or any reason. I was just fired on the phone before heading to work, which was all because of conversions with GDO, which none were happening within that department while other departments were doing conversions. Each GDO contractors who was hired by your company were all told that each and every one of them would be converted in a year, allowing the contractor to be free from the agency, which was great, the agency was short terms and Xerox would be long term if they choose.

In my five years there, I have seen hundreds of contractors quit within the first two months and the reason for that is simple, they are meeting the other contractors who have been there for years some as long as six years. Now remember these people were told that they would be converted in a year. As much as I hate to say this, but your interviewers are misleading the many contractors, even today, telling them that the working for the agency would be short term not long term. So I am now addressing this issue to your company with hopes that you will see now this affects your company's credibility.

As I mention I was fired for bringing this up. What is it about this issue, that seems to make Xerox crazy? We need to be fair to these people who were hired by your company. They were hired with the understanding that your company will hire them within a year, each and every contractor was told that. Why would they fire someone like myself who was a good worker as well an asset to your company all because I wanted to ask about conversions, a lot of why's.

You have a Ethic Security, which they were also informed about this issue, and they will not do anything about it, as if this is not an ethic issue so misleading people to a position and not delivering, does not fall on your ethic security, as well a manager can call the agency and have someone fired after serving five and end year for no reason besides asking for a meeting. Again that is not an ethic issue as well. I wonder what falls under ethics with XEROX.

You have many good people working in the GDO department and most of them are considered to be long term contractors, each and every one of them fear to even ask about conversion, knowing what happen to me could happen to them. You have many great managers within your family, but you also have power hungry managers, who care nothing about anyone and you gave them the power to fire anyone anytime, no matter how long they have been there, too much power.

Contractors are not Xerox employee, and because of that, they fall under the agency as their employer, which can be very dangers for those long term contractors, all because they signed a contract which was created for short term workers, not long term workers, that being said, they are at risk losing their job anytime for any reason or no reason. So why is Xerox not offering conversions to the GDO, while all other departments have conversions? Why are do the interviewer continue to mislead new hires with the same line on conversions? Why are the contract not change for more protection to long term employees with your call center? Again a lot of why's.

Right now at your call center in New Brunswick, there are over 100 plus contractors working there, and each and some of them have been there for 6 years or longer, many of them cannot leave their jobs because they need the job, spite they wait for that day to be converted. There are great team of people, well knowledge about all your accounts and processes. Each and every one of these people are a important asset to your company. But instead investing in them, all you guys do is keep spending so much money out to agencies for new people who now has a very short life term with your call center, all because of conversions.

I find it hard to believe that Xerox would avoid this issues after so many years, an issue that is becoming very well known to anyone who works there and to those who don't work there as well. The Ethic Security was not able to help me all because I was a contractor, so there is a big difference between being a xerox employee and contractor. Don't you think it's time that Xerox be honest with the contractors, convert them as they were told or tell them the truth about conversions within the GDO department, so that they know where this issue stands. And for those long term contractors, they need to be recognized by your ethic security as well, no matter what we are all equal, we all do the same the job.

A personal note, I enjoyed my five and half years that I have worked at Xerox, and was one of the few people in the world today could say that they loved their job, the only thing that make me feel so upset is how I was fired, and no matter what is said or done, the blame fall on my manager at the time, he took it upon himself and call my agency and told them to fire me, not considering my time working there, my commitment to the team. I was well liked by so many people, because I am a good person, and I took my job seriously and was well respected by all those who knew me, and for five and half years, everyday I went to work, never late, never taken a day off, and always had a smile on my face, till the day came I was fired by one simple phone call.

That manager, I don't know how he could sleep at night for doing this to me, one of his workers, one of his teammates, anytime he needed me to work over time I done that, I was a team player. You need to look into the power that some of your managers have, they need to change the process of that, it can not be that easy to fire someone who has been there so long or even someone who was there for a short time, that is a must. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2014

3 years ago now our company decided we were going to do more printing in house. Well as time changed and people that made decisions moved on, we just simply don't print as much as we did before. The catch we have a printer (that I would consider an average medium office printer) that we pay $320.00 a month in rental fees for the machine and $32.00 in actual printer fees. Now Xerox has lots of options and one of them would work for us great for about a $60.00 a month rental fee. But when we wanted to change, we were told that to downgrade we would have to pay the full buyout of $4,500 even though we are 3 years into our 5 year contract. I don't care what deal they have for us in the future or if they are the better option, we will never be signing another Xerox contract and will never recommend it to another business.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2011

I am a small business owner of a real estate company. On December 1 2010, I entered into a lease for a copier with Xerox Company, which has not worked since day one. The paper has been jamming. We are unable to scan or fax. This is happening on a daily basis. On March 2011, they gave me another new copier with the same problems. We've had so many different technicians come and repair this constant problem with this machine. Starting September 26th and days following, we had 3 more technicians come and replace 3 more different components that were only working 50% of its capacity. They've had to replace the whole electrical component and various parts throughout our lease, which has only been 10 months as of today. They advertise “total satisfaction guarantee”. So far, the manager for this account said he will look into it.

When I called the 877-979-8498 number, I spoke with Fran ** who told me that she would also look into this problem. It has been over a month and nothing has been solved. I have a business that needs and requires a functioning machine. This has put a huge inconvenience for myself and all my agents within this office. My lease agreement states that Xerox will deliver a new machine at our request if we are not satisfied with current machine. They gave us a new machine in March 2011 and it has the same problems as the last machine. This a 5-year lease and for the last 10 months, it has not been a well functioning machine. I will be stuck with a copier that never works.

I told the manager we need to renegotiate this contract. He said, "It's not negotiable." I will like to cancel this contract. I have spent many hours fixing the copier myself. When the copier broke, we waited 2 to 3 days for a technician, because they were not in the area to do the repairs. My payment is $408.00 a month and I pay for copies. My first and second bill was over $200.00 each for 3 months. My office did not make all those copies. When the technicians came in to do the repairs, they also made 500 copies. The technicians said that they were making the copies to make sure that the machine was working. I am at the end of my rope and have tried to resolve this issue. They have not been helpful with this situation. Can you please inform me of what I can do to try and resolve this matter?

Xerox expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Xerox is an American technology company headquartered in Norwalk, CT that was founded in 1906. The company is best known for their photocopiers, though they also create and sell high-quality printers and printing presses, as well as supplies for them.

• Business focused: Xerox creates products that are intended for high-capacity usage, so they are an excellent choice of printer for any large business looking for a printing device.

• Multifunction devices: The company is known for creating high-quality multifunction devices, which means Xerox printers are a good option for customers looking to buy one product that will serve them in a variety of ways.

• Product registration: Xerox allows customers to register their products with the company so that they can receive exclusive offers, automatically get new drivers and updates, receive faster service, and get useful tips and tools for the product.

• Educational resources: Customers who are looking to learn more about printers, imaging and computing can do so from Xerox, since they offer regular webinars, events and appearances at trade shows.

• Customized support: Users of Xerox printers can take advantage of My Support, an online portal where they can monitor their devices, receive support and supply necessary information seamlessly.

• Best for: Large offices and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs