Xerox

Compare Printers

Research top Printers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My Xerox printer was the most reliable printer I've had to date. I have and would recommend it again and again to anyone who is looking for a durable and reliable printer. Super easy to use and figure out and never leaves you questioning what the problem could be. The speed was efficient, nothing to complain about, but could definitely be better. In this case though, the many, many goods of the printer outweigh the bad, making the speed not an issue at all. It gets the job done. This is honestly the greatest printer I've ever owned! The price is right and this thing will last you for years and years with little to no maintenance and repairs.

It was very reliable. It printed and copied all material I ran through it. I had very few problems with it. Was easily loaded and easily maintained. Copier was very easy to use. It came with clear easy to understand detailed instructions for use and maintenance. Parts and supplies were easy to find at local retailers. Speed was very acceptable for my use and was high quality. I printed everything I needed it for in a reasonable amount of time. It never let me down. My printer was reasonably priced and a great value. It cost a little more but was worth the extra money for the quality and performance I received.

I have had many others before and I got to say this has been the best. Fast, easy, never have to worry, always working and I mean always. Nothing to worry me. Very easy to use, never hangs up and is always ready to go when I need something fast. I never get errors and never need support. I have loved it. Top of the line speed. Great speed that beats all others. No other type printer is gonna match it I promise. The price was up there but if you want quality you gotta pay for quality and I say it's worth it. I will never go back. Great thing come from quality and it's worth it.

Sometimes they jammed or wouldn't work correctly but all printers do that. I am satisfied with Xerox overall as it has made printing much faster and easier. The printers take a little bit of practice to master because there are so many controls and functions, but once you memorize what does what, it makes printing in bulk easy and fast. The reason they are one of my favorite companies is the speed at which their printers can print documents. They come out warm and perfectly done in a matter of seconds. Much better than old printers that take up to 30 seconds to print a page. They are a little expensive but with price comes quality. I am proud to say they are one of the best printers I ever owned with speed and quality of service.

I can always rely on this product no matter what is going on. Especially if I'm in a hurry! The printer will most definitely keep you happy and stay running for whenever you need it. This printer is extremely easily to understand with whoever is dealing with it. The manual is easy to understand and read and if you can't find out what to do you just go online and search whatever you need to do. This printer is fast, faster than a usual printer but it could be faster. I feel as if this printer is definitely upper class because of the speed of the printing abilities. The value of this printer is priceless seriously. The amount of money that you pay for this is definitely worth it because you're honestly getting the greatest quality printer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox?

This printer is great and reliable. I have had a great experiences with this product and would highly recommend it to all of my family and friends. This printer has very good ease of use. It is easy to cooperate and understand. The speed of this printer is very fast. It prints out very fast and easy. I love this product. The value of this printer is very nice. It was inexpensive for how great it works.

I have had this printer for years and have not had any problems with it. Most other printers I have experienced paper jams or other technical malfunctioning. Overall I would give the product a five star. This product is very easy to use. My ten year old son uses this with no problems. It is pretty much self explanatory with instructions right on the machine. The printing speed has never been an issue or even a second thought about it. It has a reliably fast printing speed that I am very happy with it. I feel like this product is very worth what you pay for it. Some other printers might be cheaper but you get what you pay for. I feel like you're paying a little extra for a lot more quality and longevity.

I have the Phaser 3260. It is an award winning model. So far it has been very reliable and I have never had a problem with it. Can print over 20 pages a minute if needed. Very easy to use for copying a lot of copies at a time or one or two, changing the ink is easy and I have never had to do any maintenance on it since we have been using it. Twenty-nine pages a minute is pretty speedy, you can do smaller quantities and they are very fast. Gets the job done fast and reliable. The cost of the machine was under $200.00. I think that is a good value for what the machine does. I forgot to mention that it also does two sided pages and has built in wifi.

My Xerox printer is very reliable. Never one time has it fails me. Every time I needed to print it did its job very crystal clear. Never had me unsatisfied one time. My Xerox printer is the easiest printer I've ever used. It was very self-explanatory. The buttons were large and the writing was large. I've had plenty of printers and never were they this easy. The speed of mine Xerox printer is unbelievable. It's the fastest printer I've ever experienced. I've had plenty of printers and never in my life have I had to speed that this one is. It is so fast. I would recommend this printer to anybody. My Xerox printer had an exceptional value the price I paid for it. With the speed it gives me, the color photos or prints and the easy use buttons, and the large tree print the value is actually very cheap. I would expect something with this many qualities so genuine to be very much more expensive. It's a very good value.

Very reliable years ago for both work and personal use but can't recommend now since I'm not familiar with current printers. Would be unfair to give an opinion of the current printers. Easy to use and maintain. The workplace models would break down from time to time and need maintenance from an outside source but had no problems with the personal/home model. Since my model was older the speed was slow but the newer models are faster. Again, not having recent experience I have no comparison to other makes in the market today as to speed performance. Not familiar enough with the recent prices and performance and therefore can't evaluate the value in relationship to other makes in the market.

We have a high volume and it was able to keep up with minimal wear and tear and optimum speed and quality. I love it. Never had any problems with it. Very easy to use and simple computer language used that anybody of any age range could figure out how to use. I would recommend to anyone. Fast warm up time and kept up with the high demands of the office plus it can hold lots of paper. The speed was amazing on how it kept up the demands of a high functioning business office. It was very expensive but I figure you get what you pay for and I feel I got something that will totally last for the long haul and keep up the high demands of a very busy business office plus the warranties can't be beat.

Very reliable printer. It works great! Color is vibrant and efficient use of ink. I do not need to replace it often and use it daily. Easy to set up and use. Even my wife had no trouble using it and she is not tech savvy. This leads to less headaches for me. Thank you Xerox! Well done! Works very fast and not many paper jams. Can print out quality pages in little time which works great for when I am in a rush. Even with large print projects. Great printer with an average price. Would buy again. Have zero regrets buying this Xerox printer. Would do again. It is a quality product.

The printer was fast and ran well for several months. However, it was loud and had frequent paper jams if you didn't fan the paper before putting it in. The printer was easy to use with a helpful digital interface. It was also well marked so you could easily figure out how to use different functions, like the scanner, or double sided printing. It printed black and white pages very quickly. Color printed a little more slowly. I would guess that it printed bout 15 to 20 pages per minute. The printer cost a little more than inkjet printers but it was worth it because the quality of the printing is much better. Also, I needed to be able to print on ledger sized paper to make posters.

The printer lasted for several years and the ink cartridges were really good, they lasted a long time before I had to buy new ones. I think I only got a paper jam 2 or 3 times in 5 years. I had a little difficulty getting the software connected to my computer at first. I think its wireless capabilities could be easier. But once I got it up and running it was great and became much quicker and easier to use. I never had to wait for the printer to warm up and process requests for more than a minute. It worked really well and it never was a wait that made me frustrated. I think there were a few quirky things about my printer that could have been stronger. Then set up and programming took more effort than it should have. But overall it was quick and reliable and good.

It always works and I have never had a problem with it. All I do is turn it on, connect it to my computer, and we are ready to go! The best printer ever. It's so easy, really. Even a beginner would find that using this printer is fun, simple, and easy. The results are the best. I enjoy printing and using this printer. The speed of this printer is super fast. Even when I am printing a high definition picture, it prints it so fast. Never misses with printing and the speed is awesome. It's a decent priced printer. It's not too expensive. But it is a great printer so you do have to spend a reasonable, but not bank breaking amount.

This printer always performs well. It's reliable, really easy to use, and is a high-quality machine. I'm very glad that I have it, as I use it often. I think a Xerox printer must be one of the easiest printers to operate. Of course, Xerox was pretty much the golden standard of printers when I was a little girl, and it still remains just as strong of a brand today, so you really can't go wrong with this brand of printer. I'm very pleased with the speed of my Xerox printer. I'm not sure how fast all other printers go, but this printer certainly perform fast enough for me. I believe with technology that you truly get what you pay for. If you want a crummy printer, you can buy a cheap, generic machine. Otherwise, buy a piece that will perform efficiently and with clarity, like a Xerox printer, that will last for years and years.

It did okay but was a little slow and I didn't really care about it much. I obviously do not use it anymore. It didn't feel special and it was not fast at all. There were times it was unreliable or had a hard time connected. Sometimes it worked and sometimes you had to tweak with it for a bit. It was definitely unstable. It had connection issues so it needed your patience. Sometimes if you needed to be quick and prompt, this was not the scanner you looked forward to using. That's for sure. It was fair for the price. That saying that you get what you pay for is true. I would have been willing to pay more for speed had I known this was as slow as it is.

I have had no problems, prints well, quick response to printing request, clear crisp print, quickly prints papers when there is a lot of pages to print. Not very loud either, uses very little electricity. Very easy to use. Set up is very simple only takes minutes, the buttons on the printer is very clear and simple. Basically just turn it on and start printing. The speed is very fast. You can do a lot of pages in a short amount of time. Does not freeze up when you use a lot of pages. It is a time saver. Great value. Very cheap to run. The cost of the printer compare to other printers is very competitive. Does not use as much ink as other printers that I have used.

One of the best brands out there. It can be a little pricey, but you want a good printer that lasts a long time. I've found that the printer cartridges are inexpensive. It's easy to use, but some older people might have issues. It comes with easy to use instructions and you look up plenty of information online. The model I purchased is super fast and I use it for work as well as personal. The paper feed is also very fast, which is helpful if you have multiple documents to print. The price of the printer was a little more expensive than other, but you want a quality printer that won't break down as much vs the typical throwaway printers you find on sale.

There are so many printers out there today but for the long haul one cannot beat this printer. I am totally satisfied with our company’s printer that we purchased 2 of these awesome printers. This is as easy as 1-2-3 and you will love the service this printer puts out. The copies almost look like the originals because that’s how good this printer is. This is right up there with the best that is out there. We relied very heavy on getting material copied and sent out and this printer serves our purpose. The cost is a little high but for the things this printer will do for you. The value makes up for it. Try it for yourself and you will see.

Printed good but went through ink within the first month of being used. Ink is also expensive but that is common with every other printer on the market. It looks pretty complicated which sometimes it can be if you are older and didn't read up on it. Personally I used my phone if I had any problems printing with it. Extremely fast for being a printer. Once you sent the file over it was printed within 15 seconds and came out looking great at the same time. Also the ink was dry. Good for what it is, the only big problems are minor and are easily fixable and if not customer service is always available for those who need it.

My name is Robert ** and I once worked for your company here in Saint John New Brunswick. I was a member of the GDO department with Xerox. I was with your company for over 5 years and enjoyed each day I went to work. I was happy with my position and felt that this was one of the best call centers made available to those many job seekers, and felt that your management was good as well. Indeed there were issues, like all call center we have issues and one of the issues that I felt needed some attention costed me my job with your company, an issue that needs to be addressed so that we can once again see fair employment in the workplace.

I was fired for asking for a meeting with your head of the GDO department, I was given no notice or any reason. I was just fired on the phone before heading to work, which was all because of conversions with GDO, which none were happening within that department while other departments were doing conversions. Each GDO contractors who was hired by your company were all told that each and every one of them would be converted in a year, allowing the contractor to be free from the agency, which was great, the agency was short terms and Xerox would be long term if they choose.

In my five years there, I have seen hundreds of contractors quit within the first two months and the reason for that is simple, they are meeting the other contractors who have been there for years some as long as six years. Now remember these people were told that they would be converted in a year. As much as I hate to say this, but your interviewers are misleading the many contractors, even today, telling them that the working for the agency would be short term not long term. So I am now addressing this issue to your company with hopes that you will see now this affects your company's credibility.

As I mention I was fired for bringing this up. What is it about this issue, that seems to make Xerox crazy? We need to be fair to these people who were hired by your company. They were hired with the understanding that your company will hire them within a year, each and every contractor was told that. Why would they fire someone like myself who was a good worker as well an asset to your company all because I wanted to ask about conversions, a lot of why's.

You have a Ethic Security, which they were also informed about this issue, and they will not do anything about it, as if this is not an ethic issue so misleading people to a position and not delivering, does not fall on your ethic security, as well a manager can call the agency and have someone fired after serving five and end year for no reason besides asking for a meeting. Again that is not an ethic issue as well. I wonder what falls under ethics with XEROX.

You have many good people working in the GDO department and most of them are considered to be long term contractors, each and every one of them fear to even ask about conversion, knowing what happen to me could happen to them. You have many great managers within your family, but you also have power hungry managers, who care nothing about anyone and you gave them the power to fire anyone anytime, no matter how long they have been there, too much power.

Contractors are not Xerox employee, and because of that, they fall under the agency as their employer, which can be very dangers for those long term contractors, all because they signed a contract which was created for short term workers, not long term workers, that being said, they are at risk losing their job anytime for any reason or no reason. So why is Xerox not offering conversions to the GDO, while all other departments have conversions? Why are do the interviewer continue to mislead new hires with the same line on conversions? Why are the contract not change for more protection to long term employees with your call center? Again a lot of why's.

Right now at your call center in New Brunswick, there are over 100 plus contractors working there, and each and some of them have been there for 6 years or longer, many of them cannot leave their jobs because they need the job, spite they wait for that day to be converted. There are great team of people, well knowledge about all your accounts and processes. Each and every one of these people are a important asset to your company. But instead investing in them, all you guys do is keep spending so much money out to agencies for new people who now has a very short life term with your call center, all because of conversions.

I find it hard to believe that Xerox would avoid this issues after so many years, an issue that is becoming very well known to anyone who works there and to those who don't work there as well. The Ethic Security was not able to help me all because I was a contractor, so there is a big difference between being a xerox employee and contractor. Don't you think it's time that Xerox be honest with the contractors, convert them as they were told or tell them the truth about conversions within the GDO department, so that they know where this issue stands. And for those long term contractors, they need to be recognized by your ethic security as well, no matter what we are all equal, we all do the same the job.

A personal note, I enjoyed my five and half years that I have worked at Xerox, and was one of the few people in the world today could say that they loved their job, the only thing that make me feel so upset is how I was fired, and no matter what is said or done, the blame fall on my manager at the time, he took it upon himself and call my agency and told them to fire me, not considering my time working there, my commitment to the team. I was well liked by so many people, because I am a good person, and I took my job seriously and was well respected by all those who knew me, and for five and half years, everyday I went to work, never late, never taken a day off, and always had a smile on my face, till the day came I was fired by one simple phone call.

That manager, I don't know how he could sleep at night for doing this to me, one of his workers, one of his teammates, anytime he needed me to work over time I done that, I was a team player. You need to look into the power that some of your managers have, they need to change the process of that, it can not be that easy to fire someone who has been there so long or even someone who was there for a short time, that is a must. Thank you.

3 years ago now our company decided we were going to do more printing in house. Well as time changed and people that made decisions moved on, we just simply don't print as much as we did before. The catch we have a printer (that I would consider an average medium office printer) that we pay $320.00 a month in rental fees for the machine and $32.00 in actual printer fees. Now Xerox has lots of options and one of them would work for us great for about a $60.00 a month rental fee. But when we wanted to change, we were told that to downgrade we would have to pay the full buyout of $4,500 even though we are 3 years into our 5 year contract. I don't care what deal they have for us in the future or if they are the better option, we will never be signing another Xerox contract and will never recommend it to another business.

I am a small business owner of a real estate company. On December 1 2010, I entered into a lease for a copier with Xerox Company, which has not worked since day one. The paper has been jamming. We are unable to scan or fax. This is happening on a daily basis. On March 2011, they gave me another new copier with the same problems. We've had so many different technicians come and repair this constant problem with this machine. Starting September 26th and days following, we had 3 more technicians come and replace 3 more different components that were only working 50% of its capacity. They've had to replace the whole electrical component and various parts throughout our lease, which has only been 10 months as of today. They advertise “total satisfaction guarantee”. So far, the manager for this account said he will look into it.

When I called the 877-979-8498 number, I spoke with Fran ** who told me that she would also look into this problem. It has been over a month and nothing has been solved. I have a business that needs and requires a functioning machine. This has put a huge inconvenience for myself and all my agents within this office. My lease agreement states that Xerox will deliver a new machine at our request if we are not satisfied with current machine. They gave us a new machine in March 2011 and it has the same problems as the last machine. This a 5-year lease and for the last 10 months, it has not been a well functioning machine. I will be stuck with a copier that never works.

I told the manager we need to renegotiate this contract. He said, "It's not negotiable." I will like to cancel this contract. I have spent many hours fixing the copier myself. When the copier broke, we waited 2 to 3 days for a technician, because they were not in the area to do the repairs. My payment is $408.00 a month and I pay for copies. My first and second bill was over $200.00 each for 3 months. My office did not make all those copies. When the technicians came in to do the repairs, they also made 500 copies. The technicians said that they were making the copies to make sure that the machine was working. I am at the end of my rope and have tried to resolve this issue. They have not been helpful with this situation. Can you please inform me of what I can do to try and resolve this matter?

I am a new customer to Lowe's and have to say it has been a complete disappointment and the end is not near. I went to Lowe's and started my project to have wood put on the stairs, hallway, and bathroom. I paid, and on the 5th of October the space was measured. I was contacted on the 9th to come in and pick up my material. I did. Confusion at the store 2 hours later, I was able to leave with my material. A few days later, I went to the store and picked up my existing material. I was told that nothing is in it has been ordered. I explained that just the stair nose was ordered and that I already picked up everything else except the stair nose that I am getting now.

After 1 hour and a half of confusion on the customer service side and her arguing with me for 10 minutes that the system said nothing has been picked up, I started to lose my patience. I told her, “Okay, give me all the listed material on the order if you say the system says nothing has been picked up.” Oh, surprise! We then changed our mind and all I was allowed to pick up was my stair nose.

On the 19th of October finally, the installer came and started the job. I have to say awesome, he made me a Lowe's believer well for a few at least. Around 5 pm, he mentioned there is not enough stair nose. I need to call my contact at Lowe's. I did not understand. Did the guy measure wrong? We were missing 2 pieces. I came to find out instead of the required 10 pieces, only 8 were ordered from James in the store. I called the store and gave them the serial and model number. The guy I spoke with argued with me, “No, that is not the right model number, but we have it in stock.”

I said great. I got in the car and drove to Lowe's. Oh wonder, my model number was right. He had the incorrect part. I was then told we needed to special order it and it would be the 29th until we get it, 10 days later. I was very mad at this point and voiced that. I left the store and was called one day later on the 20th with the great news "We found the stair nose in Carollton and we will have it overnighted." We will call you when it is in. That was in the morning.

On the afternoon, James called me from Lowe's apologizing, telling me that there is not enough stair nose and that it has to be special ordered. He only ordered 8 pieces. I told him, “Yes, I know. I was called this morning and they ordered it from Carollton. It should be here soon.” He acted like “What the heck is she talking about,” but left it as that. I have not heard a thing, so I thought I will go to the store on the 24th and check. There I was told, “We can’t find the order for the stair nose. It has never been ordered.” To make this shorter now, I was told, “Well, we discount you $100 for your hassle and we will order it overnight. It will cost us $65 but we won’t charge you with that.”

Now, I am supposed to be grateful. Today is the 30th of October. I have not received any call and I do not want to go to the store because at this point, I am not a happy camper. I have a 78-year-old mother at my house. I have walked her up and down the stairs since the 19th because she fell. She cannot differentiate the differences of the 4 not finished stair color and the finished stair color. I tripped and my son fell as well. I need to get this resolved before someone gets very hurt. Please help!

I bought a Mitsubishi wd-65737 just 3 months ago, and the lamp is already damaged. I think it is bad technology, and should be taken out of the market. I consider that if we get together, and file a complaint to Consumer Affairs, at least they can compensate us, one way or the other. It makes no sense to rip off hard working people for something that is not worth it. I had a Sony projection TV, and I only changed the lamp one time in 5 years. I regret to buy this product.

I leased a Xerox WorkCentrePro 32 from Xerox. I was mis-represented and finally after months of complaining they have decided to drop the contract and give me the copier. After a couple of months I requested over and over a service agreement with them. They gave me quotes and made an agreement with me last week. The very next day they decided to turn this matter over to someone else that has basically refused to service this machine...NO MATTER HOW MUCH I AM WILLING TO PAY.

This machine cost me $530 per month for over 2-3 years. I am not happy. It does me no good to have a machine that will not work the way they promised, however it did make color copies...It was not net worked as they stated. What can I do and who may I speak with. I have plenty of documentation as well as the fact that every time I call them they state that this call is or may be monitored. Please advise ASAP. Thank you!

It has cost me a lot of my time and money. I can not make flyers for my real estate business. I have had to hire others to come and try to network this machine to the office system. I have had to change the office system to accomodate Xerox and it never lasts. I have spent hours on the phone. I have been so stressed out that I have made an appointment with my doctor. I do not know anything else I can do other than getting an attorney or getting consumer affairs to help me.

1#issue:Purchased a NEW copier 2/2005 in the amount of $2400.00 in full.Copier never worked right.Called for service due to the fact I signed a service agreement.Service person came out at least 6 times within 9 months. I asked for a new copier because the copier dont work properly. I was told NO I could not get another machine but I could buy a better one if I like. They sent me a loaner copier until I made up my mind to buy a new machine for $8000 - $10,000. I asked for a discout due to the fact my copier was not that old and I had problems from the day I purchased it right out.I decided I would not make this purchase because of the way I had been treated.This copier has been sitting in my storage room since 12/2005 not working.

2#issue:I rec;d a late notice dated 5/23/2006 from collections saying I owed $300 for a new service agreement. I called them to tell them I never rec'd the first bill they sent out.I told them I was not happy with the service agreement or the copier or the way I had been treated. The accounts receivables person convinced me to get the new service agreement and everything will be ok with my account.I mailed in the $300 new service agreement payment thur 4/2006-3/2007. I recieved a message from Dun and Brad street 6/2006 saying my Business credit rate had dropped. I called Xerox 6/2006 to find out what the problem was and they told me I was 30 days late on my payment. I explained to them I never rec'd a bill for the new service agreement. I also told them I was not happy with the service and they told me I should have wrote a letter to cancel. So now I have a $2400 dollare copier that never worked which is sitting in the storage room and I have a 30 day late reflecting on my Dun & BRadstreet credit report for my business Able Estate. Able Estate is a member of the BBB and we pay our dues every year on time. PLEASE help!

At this point I have a $2500 dollar copier I purchased 2/1/2005 that has been sitting in storage since 12/2005 not working. I paid for a service agreement for $300.00 last year and never got the service adn now they are reporting past due 30 days on my Dun & Brad Street credit report for a new service agreement that I never rec'd a bill on. I was told by management You should have sent a letter to cancel your agreement! Well I paid for the ate up copier by cash in full.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Xerox is an American technology company headquartered in Norwalk, CT that was founded in 1906. The company is best known for their photocopiers, though they also create and sell high-quality printers and printing presses, as well as supplies for them.

• Business focused: Xerox creates products that are intended for high-capacity usage, so they are an excellent choice of printer for any large business looking for a printing device.
  • Multifunction devices: The company is known for creating high-quality multifunction devices, which means Xerox printers are a good option for customers looking to buy one product that will serve them in a variety of ways.
  • Product registration: Xerox allows customers to register their products with the company so that they can receive exclusive offers, automatically get new drivers and updates, receive faster service, and get useful tips and tools for the product.
  • Educational resources: Customers who are looking to learn more about printers, imaging and computing can do so from Xerox, since they offer regular webinars, events and appearances at trade shows.
  • Customized support: Users of Xerox printers can take advantage of My Support, an online portal where they can monitor their devices, receive support and supply necessary information seamlessly.
  • Best for Large offices and schools.

Compare Printers