2.92/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Xerox

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Xerox Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

I have this machine and it is working fine. But one day I was playing around with the admin password and I forgot it. The warranty is over. When I called them to reset it they want more money that I payed for it. And there is no way to reset it, only by them thief's.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Warning! Don't ever buy anything XEROX! Worst company I have ever dealt with. Actually bought it through Dell (they are out of the printer business), as part of my order for new computers for my business. We put it into service on 4/12/19 by my IT guy. It worked fine for about 4 weeks. Then it started printing with ink smudges down the side. I called Dell. They said to call Xerox. I argued that I bought it from them and actually paid way more than I should have. They said I had to call Xerox. I called Xerox, they said I had to call Dell. After another call to Dell who reiterated that I had to call Xerox which I did again. By the way, I was beyond my 30 day return privilege.

I was connected via an irritating recorded menu to the tech department. I explained my issue to him at which he commented, "Yes, that's a known issue with that product". Shocked as to why it was even on the market. I did make my feelings known. He sent me new parts. I installed them and the printer worked for about 2 weeks. I got new parts again, it did it again. Got on the phone with customer service, she said I had a replacement privilege and she wondered why the tech did not know this. I asked for a supervisor. She gave me his phone number, I called and he never responded. I received a new one 4 DAYS Later. By the way, we print a lot. We needed to install new drivers and set up so I called my IT guy. It broke in two days. Now I was done with it. I bought a different brand and threw away the Xerox.

Totals: I paid $400.00 for the Xerox which had known problems; a total of $400.00 to my IT guy: $400.00 for the new printer recommended by my IT guy; and another $150.00 to my IT guy to set up the Brother printer. I also lost about 4 days of doing actual work. To sum up, I believe customer service is very important. Take my advice...do not buy a Xerox product EVER!

Get expert buying tips about Printers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We just got a new printer Xerox Phaser 3610, but wasn't able to start using it because it is not wireless - technical support advised to buy an adapter and gave us its number. Imagine our surprise when we learned that this particular adapter is out of stock everywhere in the world! We called Xerox 1-800 and they gave us 6 runarounds transferring to 6 differ representatives during 20 min - and the last person just hung-up on me. So, Xerox sold us a machine, which we are unable to use, and no one in that company take any measure or responsibility to resolve this issue! We are returning this machine! I guess its time for this company to die and bury its use-to-be good name - so customers won't be misleaded anymore about assumption of a good product or service.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I do like the Xerox products - we have used a network copier/printer for the past 10 years. Have have no complaints about the onsite technicians. My issues lie with the phone support team. I find myself getting very frustrated with the person on the phone. They do not hear or understand me, I am having to repeat and explain and paraphrase. They do no speak or understand English communications. Xerox needs to invest in employees who know and understand the English language.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I am the secretary at a school that decided to go with Xerox to save some money. Apparently, how much you spend on copiers directly affects their functionality. I have never seen copiers jam, or just absolutely stop working, as frequently as these BRAND NEW machines do. Additionally, it takes an act of congress to get a tech to come look at them, or to get any type of service done. We have replaced the printer cartridge on one of ours 4 times already, that is a part that I was told is good for 5 years, clearly that was false.

We have had these machines roughly 6 months and I have never been more unhappy with a product or the customer service (or lack thereof). One of our tech staff at the school has tried getting a tech to come look at our copiers for weeks. He has called several times, all with no true response. This morning, he tried calling again and was hung up on by the service department. What a waste! We are trying to help children and can't get appropriate resources to do so, all because we went with Xerox, isn't copiers all they do? You'd think they would do the ONE THING they do better. Save yourself the aggravation, and go with ANY other company. This has been a horrible decision for our school. I wish there was a way I could leave 0 stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Xerox?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

We have 2 contracts with for Xerox printers with Xerox (as they are now known, XDN). It started out well but this year we have had dreadful service from them. When buying a printer and taking out a maintenance contract with them (which you are encouraged to do) all you need is to be billed correctly & timeously, for a toner to be sent when you need it & when the machine is faulty to be fixed quickly. None of that has happened this year! It took 3-4 months of trying to get billed correctly, took 4 emails and begging to send out a spare toner and then when the machine was broke down, it took over a week of chasing them to get it fixed. If I wasn't in a 5 year contract, I would go elsewhere. Generally just a very frustrating company to deal with.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

My company has a lease with Xerox that lasts until the end of 2019. I called Xerox today (11.15.18) to ask about a buyout of the lease because the copier is junk and trying to get someone to service it is next to impossible. They came back and told me I could not buy it out and I had to wait until the lease is up. What? I'm going to pay you the entire amount of the lease!!! Do not lease from them. Also, when you call for service they try and walk you through issues like you should know about fixing copiers. I've had many copier leases and this one is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. (It was not me that signed this lease agreement, I would have never worked with them) Do not lease from them.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I purchased a used ColorQube 9201 at a court ordered liquidation sale. The machine was running and working when I picked it up. Got it back to my office, hooked it up and put it on the internet and it locked up with an error code. I called Xerox and they said they can not help me because I am not the registered owner with Xerox. I inquired how to fix that since I had a receipt that I paid for the machine and was now the legal owner. They emailed me the paperwork which I filled out and faxed and emailed back. Now here we are 3 weeks later, my case has been closed 2 times, I have been emailed surveys asking how my service was, but they tell me when I call that they are still working on the conversion and can not clear the code since I am not the registered owner of the machine with them. They now tell me it will be an additional 6 - 8 weeks before they can accomplish that change. MY ADVICE? DON'T BUY XEROX.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

While most everything is okay about the card, there is one problem that essentially negates all of the benefits. You cannot access a live representative. It seems they caught on to the old trick of calling and pressing & saying absolutely nothing to be transferred by default to a live person and replaced it with a default that apologizes for your trouble but then tells you to call later, says goodbye, and then hangs up on you. (That was prior to the Xerox takeover). I've tried several times to enter wrong info and it either locks your card (if you've entered it), forces you to change your pin, or, if you tried to press the option to report a lost or stolen card it does it through automation and before you know it, your card is dead and you've been charged for a replacement that you'll receive in a lengthy 7 to 10 to 21 business days.

Prior to the switch from Virginia Eppicard Program to the Xerox Way2Go Program, it was hard, but not impossible to reach a live person. The switch to Xerox is when the problem became exponentially worse. As an added note, you get no notices about anything. When my ex caught up on his arrearages, I wasn't notified. I simply received lesser credits. Now, my credits are sporadic, at best, and the dollar amounts and number of credits varies. I can't count on anything. I have numerous recorded phone attempts of me trying to reach a human voice. You can hear me speaking to the prompts from time to time and you can hear me entering numbers at varying prompts. It's absolutely infuriating. My next steps will be to contact Xerox. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this yet. But I'm going to try. I'll try to post an update if I can.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

We have been in an abusive relationship with Xerox since 2006. It was not bad the first six years, then it started turning ugly. We currently have a c60 which was supposed to be better than the previous 550 but it's not as good as that one. I understand that maybe we should lease their state of the art machines, but for a rent of over 1k a month, we should be getting better quality. As far as the image, this is not that bad but paper comes out crooked as it always have been.

Most of the technicians that come fix it when the machine breaks are nice but can't figure out what's wrong. Once one of their managers came and fix it, broke it apart piece by piece and after 2 days left it without fixing it. Thank God one of our technicians came in and fixed it. I have a 1000 bad to tell about Xerox. This is just one of them. We're thinking to try Canon when our contract expires but who knows if all printer suppliers are unethical. Don't let them fool you before you sign a contract!

Xerox expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Xerox is an American technology company headquartered in Norwalk, CT that was founded in 1906. The company is best known for their photocopiers, though they also create and sell high-quality printers and printing presses, as well as supplies for them.

• Business focused: Xerox creates products that are intended for high-capacity usage, so they are an excellent choice of printer for any large business looking for a printing device.

• Multifunction devices: The company is known for creating high-quality multifunction devices, which means Xerox printers are a good option for customers looking to buy one product that will serve them in a variety of ways.

• Product registration: Xerox allows customers to register their products with the company so that they can receive exclusive offers, automatically get new drivers and updates, receive faster service, and get useful tips and tools for the product.

• Educational resources: Customers who are looking to learn more about printers, imaging and computing can do so from Xerox, since they offer regular webinars, events and appearances at trade shows.

• Customized support: Users of Xerox printers can take advantage of My Support, an online portal where they can monitor their devices, receive support and supply necessary information seamlessly.

• Best for: Large offices and schools.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs