Value Plus

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

This is what I sent to this company. Re: Order Number **. I gave no authorization for charges and have filed 2 forms for refund. 3 forms if you count the first I had to sign just to receive an Enrollment Verification/Refund Request form. I have copies of the 2 filed for refunds 2-29-16 and 3-19-16. Am filing complaint with Better Business Bureau. They have not provided anything showing I authorized these charges. I am almost certain they obtained my information from an order for a electric pressure cooker which was out of stock. I called because I did not receive the product or any information. Was informed was out of stock and would be an undetermined amount of time before would be in stock, I could get a smaller unit if I wanted.

I was asked if I wanted to join a travel club. I advised I did not as I did not do any major travel and my idea of travel was going somewhere with my grown children or camping at State or National Parks with my family. I think your club stinks and I feel free to share that and warn others about this scam. I was refunded part of the charges. My husband has been instructed to check closely for any charges he did not make because I rarely use my card and this card was canceled and we will not use anything but Amazon in the future where my husband orders and gets confirmation by email. This card was never received, never requested, and never used. They state that it could have been canceled, however, they apparently don't issue a card so you get nothing.

I do not know what this co. does and where they got my credit card information. I just saw the charges of 24.95. Normally my husband checks it and he did not notice it. I called my credit card they said they have been charging since Nov. 2015. I do not give out credit card to anyone, we do not shop online. I have no clue what this is about and how can someone just start billing you every month without any authorization code or signed receipt. 1-800-925-8674 I called - they are close. Co. is in MN. If I have not purchased or authorized anything, what should be my next step? Can anyone help?

I wanted to alert those interested of my experience with Value Plus and Smart Shopper. On 01/29/2016, SMART SHOPPER 877-225-8673 charged my account $1.00 after I fell for their lies that they would send a gift card (which never came) if I tried their services. I had purchased a pressure cooker through Wal-Mart, and was offered a Wal-Mart gift card when I called the pressure cooker manufacture because of problems with the product I purchased. I got nothing except an envelope of trash to throw away.

After dragging me along for almost a month, I told them to refund my money. They refunded the $1 on 02/15/2016, but I was charged $.01, they said because the bank believes they are overseas. I wondered what the company would gain from this, as the penny, which they said they did not get, did not seem like much for their troubles.

Well, it took 5 to 7 days to get my refund, which that alone was frustrating. Then sure enough, a month later I get an unauthorized charge on 2/26/2016 showing "WC *MON VALUEPLUS 800-925-8674 MN -$1.00." They used a different name probably assuming I would not connect the dots. Then I realized that what they got out of that first deal and that was my credit card number. I of course called the bank who said it was not the same company and asked me to call them to make sure I did not buy something and then forgot. I called and with caller ID, they knew who I was as soon as I called, and actually called me by name. I was transferred to a manager who tried to say that the computer had accidentally accessed the closed account and recharged my card under the different company name. I told them that it was an unauthorized charge, and I was going to report it to the banks fraud department.

The manager said that they were refunding my money. I relayed the facts to the bank and I wanted the bank to file charges, but they did not want to, and said that I should give them a week to refund the money, and if not, then the bank would refund my money, because it was only $1.00. I tried to explain that this was more of a fraud issue, but they were not quite as offended as I was by the unauthorized charge to my account.

I figure at some point someone will realize that this company is not right, and wanted my story out there, in case they need a witness in court to establish that this companies actions are not one-time accidents, as they will try to get people to believe. It takes time to complain and write review, which is what they count on. I am sure that most do not file complaint, however, if you fall victim to Value Plus or Smart Shopper, my advice is to change your credit card number and make a written complaint with someone, just to document the incident.

My mentally disabled husband got somehow mixed up in joining this without his knowledge and now 37 months later discover they had been taking 24.95 a month from his bank. I have called and gone through all the hoops they have put in front of me thus far only to receive a partial refund and was now told I have to fill out more forms and submit them. In my opinion they are waiting for me to give up. I will keep calling till I receive satisfaction. The supervisor I spoke to today (Paul) was extremely rude!

Today I made a purchase through another company which offered to enroll me in Value Plus services. I clearly opted NOT to sign up for Value Plus. I then was engaged in an aggressive phone call from a representative of Value Plus attempting to sign me up for this service. I cut off her spiel saying that I don't want/can't use the service and I ended the call. I then read Consumer Affairs' reports about the company. It appears, given the testimony of hundreds of people who have made reports on that site, that they could be in the practice of fraudulently enrolling and charging consumers against their explicit wishes.

Given that information, I called their customer service number (amazing how much work I've had to do considering I never initiated business with this company) and was told by a supervisor named Susan that she "could not confirm" that I had "not" been enrolled against my wishes and she also could not confirm that fraudulent charges would not be made against me. She then hung up on me after basically telling me in this way, implicitly, that the company DOES willfully engage in fraud. I THEN had to make a call to my credit card company's fraud department to preemptively alert them to the fact that this company might attempt to make fraudulent charges and had to have my account changed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Provell?

Ordered a product (Genie Bra) only to be offered BEFORE I talked with Genie Bra, a $50 WALMART Gift Card "just for trying Value Plus." I took them up on the offer. The information package came in almost 3 weeks (with only 4 weeks to cancel the product if not happy), and in it should have been the "gift card for Walmart." NO GIFT CARD. Instead a voucher on how to get the gift card. (Go to Website, which I could not open, and fill out the information, mail in and wait and receive your Walmart Card.) Because I couldn't get into the website, I called, they told me they would send a voucher for me to fill out in the mail. It never came. I called again. They said they had mailed. I went online, could get on, downloaded the form and sent in.

Today, I called (months later now) and asked about the status. The first customer server said that they had received my form and had just yesterday (surprise, I waited weeks), they had mailed my gift card. He then added, "I see here it is a voucher. You will need to mail in." I said, "I have already mailed in a voucher," - he transferred me to a 'supervisor' who was rude and when I was discussing with her this trail of paperwork (and tears and temper) I had left behind me over this, she hung up on me. Before she hung up, she explained that I would, "any day now" be receiving the 2nd level of vouchers I would need to fill out to choose WHICH STORE I wanted the gift card on. I told her the offer was for Walmart, but she said, "No, there are MANY stores to choose from."

After she hung up in the middle of one of my sentences, I called Genie Bra - they said they don't have ANYTHING to do with Value Plus, yet they advertise and connect their customers over to this service for a FIFTY DOLLAR GIFT CARD... Well, here I am doing what I said I would do, COMPLAIN. May I just recommend that you don't listen to these fraudulent, cruel, lying thieves who offer you presents just for nothing, and sweet nothings for $1.00, and this and that just to try their products.

VALUE PLUS seems to be a fraud as far as I can tell. Waiting 3 months to get my card, yet I lived totally up to my side of the bargain. Don't you just wish the government could knock these conniving thieves out of the market? I'll let you know in a couple of years if I ever received my gift card. I'm not letting this one go... They MUST and have to live up to their promises. They WILL live up to what they offered. WARNING, WARNING. Stay Away from Them. They are not decent folk.

Company is charging us $24.95 month for a service we do not believe we requested. We have not derived any benefit from the service and requested today that the service be cancelled. The customer service representative could not produce any evidence that we agreed to sign up for the program and promised to send us a refund request form... Then tried to sell us something else! Not at all recommended and I believe we were signed up without our knowledge.

I find that whenever I call Reader's Digest in regard to any of their many magazines, they ask to connect me to Value Plus but will tell me nothing about it before they connect me. My credit card info is on account with Reader's Digest so you might find that you get tripped up into automatically signing up for Value Plus with a partner that already has your credit card info. Magazine companies are notorious for trying to trick you into buying magazines with free and trial offers that automatically continue unless you take work at stopping it.

My father in law has been charged monthly for $19.95, for 11 months dating back to May 2014 totaling $219.45 from his bank account. I requested a refund form and I will make sure to let the bank know of this unauthorized charge from this point on.

Unauthorized charges from my checking account by Value Plus. I was checking my husband's bank account, as I do frequently (obviously not frequent enough). I found he was being charged $24.95 for January 18 and February 17, 2015. When I try calling them, they're not open. What can I do to get my money back?

Thought we had taken care of this matter by cancelling the 'membership' that had never been requested, but now the charges have started again. Was told that I'd get a letter to request an investigation, they go out on the 1st and 15th of the month (makes you wonder why they are so regularly scheduled!) and then when I check that I WANT the investigation and refund that I have ALREADY requested in my phone call, they will send a second letter. Even cancelled the old card and got a new one, but that didn't stop them. Wish us luck and PRAY for a refund.

My debit card was charged $24.95 without authorization on the 25th of Dec. 2012. I have tried calling, but they are always closed. How can they take money off my card if they are closed and not authorized to do so? I want my money back.

I reported my debit card as lost and found out this company has been charging my account $24.95 every two weeks for over a year (since March 2011). In January of this year, it was charged 4 times. I called the business and they have no record of me under my name and address. They asked for my debit information, but I refused to share that with them. But according to them, they have no have records matching my information. My mistake was not reviewing my monthly statements, but in no way did I authorize these charges. I want to dispute these charges and have my funds returned. My banking institution requested that I contact someone in your office to resolve this. Thank you!

I was charged $24.95 to my credit card and told I was on a monthly membership for the same amount. I never authorized any charges or signed up for a membership. I called the number on my bill and was told the membership would be canceled and I would be sent a form for a refund. I has been 4 or 5 weeks and still no form. I will try calling back. This company is a scam. How they are able to charge you is still a mystery to me. They should be shut down for fraud.

I sign up with Value for 30 days and I was promise a gift card for $50.00. I called them to ask for my gift card. They told me to call you. I look them up on my computer and noticed a lot of people are complaining about Value Plus. I pay for a Montel Healthmaeter for $263.00, someone need to called this company.

I don't know how this company got my check card information. Usually if I order any product via TV or the web, I use an account that I don't have constant activity on so that it doesn't conflict with any of my bills payment. It didn't dawn on me that this was going on until several months down the line. The only thing I do on the account they have been stealing from is depositing money to the account. One day I decided to check my balance and to my surprise my balance was extremely low.

I immediately contacted my bank only to find out that this company had been stealing $24.95 towards some value plus and another $24.95 per month for something called vacation passport. I was advised to immediately cancel my card and was given the phone number to call that company to cancel this membership that they had signed me up for without my permission. They are the same company but they just call the product 2 different names.

Never have I received anything from this so-called membership that they unknowingly signed me up for and continued to deduct money from my account.

At this point they had gotten a total of $199.30 from me which they refused to credit me when I called to cancel it like the bank instructed me to do. When the bank tried to dispute it, they were told it was an authorized membership which I knew was a lie because I never signed up for anything that's going to be drafting money from my account on a regular.

Even when I do order things from the web or TV and they ask if I want continuous delivery and auto deduction for payment, I always decline. Since they told my bank it was a legitimate membership the bank would not put the money back into my account and this is why I am reaching out to consumer affairs. A few weeks after my incident, the same thing happened to my father and he is a 75yrs old senior who never orders off TV nor does he have a computer to do so thus he was slammed by this company as well.

Something is wrong and must be done about them and I want my money back. Just last week my boyfriend was slammed for the same thing for the same monthly amount on a green dot visa card he uses to order things or when he doesn't want to pay with cash. The point is they have my money without my authorization and when I called they said they could not credit me back.

I received an "unsolicited" membership welcome letter. Budget Savers "created" a subscriber number and I didn't request a "membership" trial or otherwise? The "trial period" is suppose to be for "30 days" and if not "canceled" it appears they'll charge my "credit card" for a purchase I made from another company that I made a purchase from? I would appreciate your assistance or recommendations. I do not want to be "bullied" into trying something I do not want and then have to remember I need to "cancel" the membership within "30 days" to not incur monthly billing cost.

Unsolicited debit card charges on my mother's account of $24.95 each on June 7th and July 6th 2010 had caused overdraft charges.

In checking my account on June 24, 2010, I was informed from my bank that there was a $24.95 charge from Value Plus. I come to find out I had been charged monthly since December of 2009. The bank gave me the phone number to Value Plus and I called them. I asked them to whom were they affiliated with and they would not give me a company's name, but only that they were a coupon/awards company. I told them I did not authorize anyone to deduct anything from my checking account. I told them that I purchased an electric turkey fryer in November from a company and wanted to know if they picked my account up from that and they would not let me know what company they were working with.

There were charges deducted from my checking account on December 28, 2009, January 25, 2010, February 23, 2010, March 25, 2010, April 26, 2010, May 25, 2010, and June 23, 2010. I told them these are considered fraudulent transactions and I wanted them to cease and desist from withdrawing money out of my account and to cancel whatever subscription they perpetuated they had. I told them I do not pay to get coupons and rewards from any company. They told me they would send a form to reimburse my money and once it is returned, if their consumer department deemed it necessary to return my money, they would.

I bought CDs (Your Baby Can Read), and somehow the companies signed me up without my knowledge of being charged for these two products, of which I received no merchandise and no benefit from. I gave my account number to be charged only for Your Baby Can Read CDs and your companies continue to take out funds without my OK.

I am extremely up and will be reporting you to the Better Business Bureau if my funds are not refunded to my account in one week's time. This has been going on for months, and I have notified the company in stopping this and you continue to take out funds. If able to take funds so easily, I feel that you can refund them back to my account just as easy as you took from my account. You owe me $224. 55 for the entire amount of both companies.

I have been charged monthly for 11 months, $19.95, for a total of $219.45 from my bank account.

I have been billed on my credit card 21.95. I called to find out what product I ordered, as I do not remember dealing with this company. I was told they have no record of any purchases from me. Then why am I being billed? I called again, was told that the bill was for coupon book for discounts for various places, which I've never ordered. The gentleman said he would cancel my account ASAP. I asked about a refund for the last few bills I overlooked, he said I would be sent a consumers affair form to fill out. I looked up the website and found out that I was not the only one this has happened to.

Lots of other people had the same problem. Thank you for your help in this matter. I would also like to know how they got my credit card information. They have been billing me since Aug. 2009 at the rate of $21.95 for something that was never ordered or received. I feel I should be reimbursed by the company for their scam.

I am being charged $19.95 for WC Value Plus which I did authorize. I'm contacting you for info on how I can get my refund for these charges. I spoke to Membership Services and they agreed to cancel my charges for this month. They advised me that I have to fill out a form from you to be able to get my refund. This dates back to August and comes to the $119,71. Please advice.

I noticed a charge on my credit card for 19.95 from WC Value Plus. I called to see what it was since I never ordered anything from this company and the young woman said they had deducted this amount 6 times, once per month. She said that I would have to fill out paperwork for a refund but this makes me furious as I never asked for or ordered this in the first place. This company needs to be shut down!

My mother, Ada **, was signed up for Fun Source and Travel Plus without her authorization. These programs are offered via phone when products are purchased from televised offers. My mother purchased the Free Money Book collection and the Scalp Med hair restorer program separately, at which time she was signed up for these products. Once the credit card number is obtained, the salesperson can simply put through the order even when the consumer has declined the offer. I believe that my mother, who was 85 or 86 years of age at the time, was victimized. My mother is, as we speak, on her death bed dying from stage 4 breast cancer that is now in her bones, liver, adrenal glands and lungs.

At the time she was enrolled into these membership, she was not traveling. My mother would never had authorized these memberships because prior to her illness, my mother was not a traveler. I am infuriated and appalled at the underhanded tactics companies use to meet sales quotas. I have requested a full refund from both companies and was denied set refunds because they claim the memberships were authorized with her card. Well once the card number is obtained, anything can occur without the consumer's consent. I really want to stop this from happening to any other helpless senior, who simply is trying to buy an advertised product. The telephone number for Value Plus is 800.550.4728 and Fun Source is 800.475.1942.

WHEN i noticed $19.95 was being deducted from my acct.i called and the women said that at some point during a purchase i agreed to become a member but she could,nt tell me what mu purchase was and the membership was for coupons ????She claimed to have cancelled any further deductions ticket # 98416384.I told her i would never agree to have any monthly charges taken out of my acct.She said i will be getting a form in the mail to fill out to try to collect back monies owed.I just started going over this acct. and this has been going on since5/09...and i have,nt recieved any so called coupons.Seems strange they donot know what i had purchased but they have been wacking my acct monthly.No more internet purchases!!!!

Upon review of my credit card I saw a contual monthly charge of $24.95 for which I NEVER PURCHASED! When I spoke with Tory today, 11-23, I was advised it was for value coupons, discounts, etc. I have NEVER received any materials regarding Value Plus and demanded my money be credited back immediately. I was told I would need to wait 10 days for a letter from their Consumer Affairs department, requesting my money back.

I NEVER signed up for this, now I've been charged since July, and want my money back. THIS IS CREDIT CARD FRAUD. They couldn't give me a telephone number, name or fax for anyone in this so called consumer affairs department, so I'm stuck waiting to hear from them. My so called customer # was 1126597344 and my cancellation # 99693796. I have been fraudent charged $125 TO MY CREDIT CARD AND DEMAND A REFUND IMMEDIATELY.

Complain for charges by VALUE PLUS

Early this year, I was planning to visit the USA for vacation and I joined few clubs in order to have some savings. My trip to the USA was cancelled due to family reasons and I did call all 5 companies providing discount coupons to cancel my subscription. These companies were Mydealmax, yoursavingsclub, aSimplyYou123, coolsavings and ValuePlus. All companies cancelled my application exempt the ValuePlus.

Since there is NO WAY to unsubscribe via INTERNET, I called 3 days after I subscribed telephone number and asked them to unsubscribe me. So far, nothing happened! I keep receiving a monthly bill of 24.95 USD (up to now they took 174.65 USD).

I also wrote them a letter and sent e-mail to but my mail keeps coming back saying :

In August of 2008 I used my VISA card to order merchandise online. Beginning with my Sept. VISA statement through August 2009 I have been charged $16.95 for a service I have never heard of. My husband pays the bills and he noticed the charge but thought it was something I had signed up for. When he asked me about it the first of August this year I told him I had no idea what it was. After calling the number on my statement they cancelled it. It did not appear on my Sept. statement this month.

The same time another company Easy Saver was charging me $14.95 and this charge began the same time as Value Plus. After contacting Easy Saver about a refund they said they would consider it. On my Sept. VISA statement 12 credits for $14.95 appeared and I received a check for the balance due. Value Plus will not budge. I strongly suggest that everyone carefully check their charge card statements monthly. When you order from a company these crooks seem to be tied into their website and steal your information. If anyone has a suggestion to help me, please contact me. Thank you.

Unknown charges posting in my Debit Account. I called them told me I have a membership but cannot provide me with proof of my signature nor agreement. I was told membership will be canceled but I am afraid they will just wait til I forget and charge me agai. I have seen some complaints about this company (if they are even real). They need to be stopped immediately and must pay the consequenses!!!!

Value Plus Company Profile