Tate Publishing

Out of Business

Compare Miscellaneous Companies

Research top Miscellaneous Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I have been a Tate author since 2011. I visited their Mustang, OK company before I agreed to publish "Why Snails Are Slow" with them. Dr. Richard Tate took me on a tour of his company. I could tell he was extremely proud of his company. I met many people at Tate who would be working on my first children's book. I took my illustrator, who had only been with Tate a few months, and my book editor out to lunch at a local establishment. Once my book was ready for distribution, I flew the illustrator to my home town (Lafayette, LA) and she signed 300 pre-sold books "For His Glory" across the inside cover artwork. She was (and still is) an amazing young Christian woman whose artwork shows her God given talents.

I rarely received royalty checks and none amounted to much money. By the time I published my next two books in 2015 in The Ark Series, I could tell things were different. I did buy their "Author For Life" contact but never used it. My experience was not what it was originally. Books arrived later than expected. Books arrived damaged. Pages had flaws in the artwork in the interior... and the list goes on and on. Trying to speak to my author rep was next to impossible. Trying to speak to a person at Tate was impossible unless I was ordering books from Jim **. I never purchased those extra things that they offered to ALL their authors.

I started to realize that if I wanted my books to be sold, I would have to do all of the work. I worked hard selling my 3 children's books. I have sold over 2000 total copies myself. I worked hard at getting "Why Snails Are Slow", "Cabot the Rabbit", and "The Perfect Monkey" to be part of the Accelerated Reader (AR) program. I have both hard and soft copies still on hand.

My problem is I want my 3 print ready files but I am not willing nor should I have to pay $50 to a company I no longer trust. Sending $50 and trusting I will get my files "ready to print" after signing Tate's contract release form is not something I care to do. I have written Tate and mailed my request to the address at the bottom of their form. I am in LIMBO! I have filed papers with the OK AG's office. If Richard and Ryan Tate are Christians, then I pray they do the right thing by all their authors who trusted them. For now I will pray to God and remember Romans 12:19 "I will take care of this".

I never received any royalties for my book "Following The Mist." The book sold better than they reported to me giving me just.40 cents for selling two books. Noticed that many book were used almost 200 sold in England, Germany and the US. Where is the money? For those used books that were sold. I don't know. I wrote the book to make some money not just 40 cents. Somehow Tate shortchanged me.

I was contacted to purchase my books. I noticed they had not submitted it to one of the markets I was told. The other market had no artwork of the book. When I called in January to get clarity phones were not working and then I found a page online saying they had closed. They never contacted me.

I published my booked called Shattered almost 10 years ago. Tate Publishing was great at first in some ways. They answered any questions I had, they were willing to give me a personal tour of the office if I wanted one, and they were pretty quick and efficient with getting my book edited. But then came the marketing, I never felt like they never did enough. Of course, they say it is all supposed to be up to us. But I was a new author who had no idea what she was doing. When I asked for tips they would suggest me taking seminars or buying a book. In other words spend more money that would go in their pocket. I refused to do so, and just kept doing small book signings and told people by word of mouth about my book.

The first couple of years I would receive money off of my books. Then my royalties would slowly get less and less to where they would be no more. I think the last royalty check I received was for $0.99. I know people who ordered off the website because I either did not have books on hand at the time or they simply live in a different state and it was easier for them to order that way. If you google my name and book, you will find that it still up on Amazon and other places being sold. So my question is - where is the money going?

I spent time writing about my life story so I could be a blessing to others maybe make difference in someone's life. So after writing few months later decided to have it published. So in August 2008 I submitted my manuscript to Tate Publishing Company. Manuscript was accepted. They sent my approval letter the Golden stamped they would publish. I submitted a Cashier's check for $3999.00. All the money I had. The company promised a lot for that low cost... Book was published in 2009 along with a YouTube commercial & book was sold on Amazon & Barnes & Noble websites. I was told after 5000 copies were sold I would receive my money back. That of course never happened... Quarterly royalties which I only received 1 check over a period of 8 yrs for $4.10. Although books costed me $4.00 per books whenever I purchased myself to sell on my own.

This has been a nightmare... Big disappointment. I never received anything. Tate promised to send me on book signings and get me set up really help to get my book out which never occurred. Any signings I did do I set up or found on my own. I had been calling Tate for quite sometime never to receive a call back. The turnaround on new people working for them was often. I would get emails stating if I wanted my book to possibly have a movie made out of it send more money. Or if I wanted to travel to do signings pay more money. I could never afford more so I didn't invest in those things, however I'd pay for shipments of books, posters, push cards, etc... Well completely out of books materials never being able to reach anyone.

I reside in Indianapolis. Recently I was watching the news to find out the owners of Tate embezzled Millions and are now closed. I have lost my rights to my books. Don't have a clue what has happened money lost. I along with many others have been taken advantage of. Will I ever see my book again? My Book is an inspirational bio "Healing Is In You" Don't let Let Your Past Dictate Your Future. ISBN 13... 9781617772139 ISBN 10... 1617772135 on Amazon or Barnes & Noble has it... Where do a person go to find information or is it just gone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tate Publishing?

I was published with Tate for over 2 years and never received a penny. I know there were sales because I know people who purchased the book through their website, MYSELF INCLUDED, just to see if I'd see anything. Every time I contacted them, they either said they were going to send me something like $0.39 (literally), or they'd say there's nothing I could legally do because Tate was in so close with Attorney General. We need a class action lawsuit because this is absolutely disgusting. Cool, Xerox got their stuff back, and their money, but what about us?

I had one book published with Tate Publishing and one book of a 3 book series in production stages when they closed. I did not received payment for royalties for Dec 2015 or 2016 due me. Several people told me they ordered copies of the book and they didn't arrive in the mail. Before the company closed, I received an email that was from an employee warning everybody that Tate was not paying its editors and employees. I emailed back and also called the marketing director at Tate, reaching voicemail, left a message about the email I had received and within minutes a new email came stating the company had been hacked and a fake email had been sent out that we should not believe or worry about. I have those emails.

When they closed I was sent to the transition websites (that are no longer working now) to register as a web user in their new portal where authors would be communicating with the editors and know what's happening. That never happened either, the website changed to say closed then is gone. I didn't pay as much as others did for services from Tate Pub. I only paid $700 for marketing and they did ask $3500. at first but after I told them a few times in several phone calls I could not afford the whole amount and would have to pass they made me a deal to get my money and books apparently. They also told me they were moving parts of production back to the USA from the Philippines where I did not know my files or books were being made and now I wonder what happened to my files sent overseas? Are my books selling there without me being paid too?

I wasn't very happy with the book size or how they placed pictures, otherwise, production went smooth and they did do some local marketing of the book for a couple of months. They sent me more offers to buy my own books then I think they sent to other markets. I did buy a book deal and never received the extra promotional items that was included. It took months to get the books in the mail. I still was hopeful when the second book was in production then they left me with nothing other than an offer to buy my own files which I did not. As far as I am concerned I own my books, and my files and they owe me a lifetime of sales of these very important books that were meant to save people's lives not be lost to thieves.

I was published by TATE in 2012. Hindsight being twenty twenty I would never signed with them. Period. I paid almost 4000.00 plus 10.00 per book only to try and sell them at 25.00! What business model is this? So I did sell some books at a few establishments. But did I get the service I contracted for? No. I got smiles as they sent me email after email trying to get money out of me for marketing service that should have been what I paid for. I heard that Key Marketing Group has business ties with TATE. So collusion or rather acting like they are a separate company is rather shady.

Last year I cut ties with them after never getting answers, launched a complaint with the Attorney General in OK and just left with a bad taste in my mouth. I am at square one having spent so much more money than I should under the circumstances. I am looking to re-release my book as well as publish the sequel but I don't have the money. I have a lot of other irons in the fire and so I rest with being cheated and swindled by half truths, broken promises and overall bad all in the guise of so called Christian Values!

I am a published, children's author of two books. Both published by Tate Publishing. I was required with my first book to pay almost $4000 because I had never been published before. With my second book they required four hundred dollars. I was told that this was for the ISBN Number. Getting someone to talk to me about my second book after I signed my contract was like pulling teeth. My calls were sent out of the country to a man that had such a strong accent, I could barely understand him. And then I talk to Stacy who was supposed to be my representative in the United States and she apologized for the lack of communication and taking almost a year to publish my second book. My first book took less than six months from drawing board to Barnes & Noble. I have not received a royalty check on my first book in seven years and I've not received a royalty check except for one for $.39 on my second book.

I know of many people and organizations that have ordered my books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble.com, and from Tate Publishing itself. If there is a class action lawsuit, I would like the money I invested in my books and any royalties owed to me. Please let me know if there's going to be a class action lawsuit. I want to participate in that. I have tried getting hold of Stacy at Tate Publishing, the number is disconnected. Their website is down and all I can find are disappointed wonderful authors who put their trust in a Christian publishing company called Tate Publishing. God bless the authors and let us all stand together to make sure those that have wronged us pay for their errors.

I am a past "author for life" of Tate Publishing. While they did follow through with publishing my first children's book, I can now never print more copies; never receive the hard copies that were promised to me from the special that they supposedly had; and I have never received my royalty checks from them. It hurts to know that a Christian-based company has done this not only to me but many, many more! I paid to be an "author life." My life is not over, so I feel like I have been taken advantage of as I have more than 1 book in me! I received an invoice for the books that I ordered. I received my soft copies, but not my hard copies. I never paid them any additional money to receive the electronic copy of my book and I didn't sign anything releasing them from being held responsible for anything they have done.

I am a published author of Tate Publishing and found out that they are out of business. I have been selling my books (which I have a supply of) at charitable events and have some pending. All proceeds go to the event itself for which it represents. (Orphanages, Mission Groups, church fund raising campaign, etc.) I have also had 6 book signing events with more pending but when the supply is gone then my efforts are no longer viable. I can no longer get supplies or additional books for that matter. I know for a fact that several of my books have been ordered directly from Tate Publishing and the only check I received is for just a few dollars. A red flag arose at that time and I have not received anything except silence since.

When Tate first called me, it was like I had won the lottery! I felt so proud of becoming one of the 4%. My children’s book was special, as it was written after my daughter had her 2nd heart surgery. I was filling a niche. I knew it would be hard to publish a children’s book about Down Syndrome, but I had tried and succeeded.

After trying to figure out how I was going to come up with the money, it finally happened. I was in the start of the process. It took a year... a long year. I wasn't happy with the illustrations, but what could I do. I had already told them No on 2 other "sketches". I felt like maybe I was being too needy. So, I let it slide. Then came the Kindle version and the read-along in the back of the book. I took my oldest daughter who was 9 at the time (she's now 19) to Mustang so that she could be the voice on the audio book. I was able to meet everyone, and things seemed like they were going well. My book came out in March of 2008. I was beside myself with joy. It was smaller than I had imagined and at a price of $8.99 and a soft cover, I was hoping people would buy it.

Then the "marketing" started. Well, a press release anyway. I did get a couple radio spots and some events at bookstores. The articles in the paper were pretty cool too. Then... it stopped. It was a good couple months, but then my rep did nothing. So, I took it upon myself to do my own marketing. I spoke at Down Syndrome Walks (also known as Buddy Walks) and got my name out there. Then I was invited to speak at some of the Walks. Each Walk I went to (Oregon, California, New York, Arizona and Canada) brought me out and paid my expenses. I was able to reach thousands of people with my message. I also had a couple TV news spots and spoke at several different schools. But, let me make this clear... if I wouldn't have reached out to these people and marketed myself, none of this would have happened.

The only thing I ever got from them were constant emails about buying new books, or buy this bundle and get a webpage or a commercial spot. I had already forked out enough money, I wasn't going to fork out anymore. My royalty checks? Ha! Every time I got one I would take a picture of it and say "book the cruise!" My largest was $60.00 and then they became less and less. They started coming in at $.42. Wow. And with all the marketing I did for myself? I have no idea how many I actually sold. I went on the website a couple months ago and to my surprise, they went belly up. Now what the hell do I do? Is it in limbo? Why are they charging $50 to get the PDF file to our book? It's our damn book! This is complete BS. How Christian they are. If there's a lawsuit, I'll sign on.

Tate Publishing didn't just close the door on their businesses - they also closed the door on their authors who had a contractual agreement with them and I am one of those authors. I received an e-mail in January stating that Tate will no longer be accepting any new authors or artists, but it said nothing about their agreement with their existing contractual authors. I became a Tate Author in 2009. As a new author, I was required to pay $3,985.50 if I elected Tate as my Publisher.

My contract included a Website to be designed and hosted by Tate for the life of the book, required to submit second work or book to Tate before submitting to another publisher. If accepted by Tate there would be no upfront cost to me as before. Marketing was to continue for the life of the book. But, I found their marketing efforts to be limited other than book signing events. Anything past that had a price tag. It wasn't about promoting authors and their book but about selling authors marketing tools or promotional offers. I was misled. Marketing was really left to the author unless we wanted to invest more money.

I always questioned the accuracy and/or truthfulness of the royalty calculations. My royalty checks were few and far between and amounted to very little or just pennies. I did not hear from them quarterly except on occasions. I really never knew over the years the actual number of book sold. Without question, I feel defrauded by this company. Without notification my Website had been removed, books removed and/or cancelled from some sites. The author information under my name was gone. All of this with no notice from Tate. The loss was great!

I want to be reimbursed for my losses including the nearly $4,000 I paid to Tate in good faith. I will not agree to let them out of this contract and walk away with the thousands paid to them and leave me with no publisher and no access to book production. When Tate closed its door they defaulted in the contractual agreements they had with me. I have contacted the Oklahoma City Attorney General and filed a complaint. And, if a lawsuit ensues, I requested to be one of the complainants.

I published through Tate Publishing a couple of years ago after giving them thousands of dollars to do so. I ordered, paid even more money to them and received a stock of books which I sold. In January 2016 (more than a year ago) I reordered and paid $840 for more books and for the cost of delivering them to me (for which they charged $440). They were never delivered. Each time I sent emails asking when they would be sent I got no replies. When I tried to phone I got no reply and no one called back. Yet at least 2-3 times each month for the last year or more I received from the marketing team at Tate special offers 2 for price of one, three for price of one, and all sorts of enticing offers to purchase more books.

Then we receive an email saying "sign this form releasing us from all our responsibilities and the right to make no refunds, and send $50 with it and we'll send you your print ready files." I already have the print ready files so why would I pay for more copies!!! Also the so called royalty checks - well what a joke. No transparency and just a load of nonsense. Another thing, Tate Publishing never once provided a receipt for the payments made. They just take your money over the phone using your credit card details.

The long and short of it all is what they were doing is just ripping off money from authors and piling up the cash knowing they would bail out and run away. Shame on the Tate family! Shame on the CEO Ryan Tate and shame on Trinity Trinity Tate-Edgerton because I wrote to both of you (numerous times to Trinity) and yet you cheated me. And by the way, I am still waiting for replies! Shame, shame, shame. If there is ever a class action mounted I will certainly be after you! But know this, God above has been watching and you will have to answer to Him one day! Woe to you. What you sow is what you'll reap.

This was supposed to be a Christian company so I trusted them to deliver the product they promised. From the very beginning they seemed more interested in making money off of me than in selling my books. I paid thousands of dollars to publish my book and it is no longer available. It was on sale for two weeks then became unavailable. They did not live up to a single promise. So if there is a class action suit I will gladly sign on.

I've been trying to find out what is going to happen next but the website says we have to wait for them to find a new publisher for our books--which they can't or won't do, or we have to sign an agreement releasing us from their contract and from any liability. In other words, they don't have to give us our money back or hold up their end of the agreement.

Am I supposed to walk away from all the money I spent? Even though I did not sign the agreement releasing Tate from liability, I went ahead and published my book with someone else. I went to AuthorHouse and Page Publishing and all they wanted was my money. One company even tried to sell me a publishing plan that was over $11,000 even after I told them about Tate Publishing. These people are 100% heartless, I swear. I eventually found NewBookAuthors.com and was able to publish my book. It is now on Amazon Kindle and CreateSpace. It took them less than a month, after almost six months of trying to get Tate to follow through after taking my money. If Tate Publishing wants to sue me for their breached contract and the money they stole, tell them to bring it on. No judge in his right mind would side with those thieves.

I signed a contract with Tate Publishing in August 2014, however, after my book was 'printed' Tate sent me their 'Guide to Marketing' which sent up a slew of red flags and resulted in my decision to Terminate my contract with them on June 16th, 2015, 3 weeks prior to the release of my book. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Tate Publishing, LLC submitted my book to Amazon. com, Amazon.com.uk, Amazon.com.fr, Abebooks, and Deeperselling, as well as to a company in Berlin who was giving away free PDF's of my book... after I terminated my contract. It's taken me nearly 2 years to get my book removed from Amazon.com and Deeperselling.com, still working on the rest.

Yes, Tate closed their doors in January 2017, but for those who have published with Tate, google your book to see where Tate submitted it, you probably had sales that Tate never paid you a royalty for. I terminated my contract with them and they still submitted my work to online markets. I'm glad I terminated when I did. I would hate to think that I paid for books that I would never receive since Tate closed their doors this year.

I am a client of Tate Publishing. Or rather, I WAS a client before they went belly up. If it would have been up to me, they would have been belly up a long time ago. They call themselves a Christian organization but they sure didn't treat their customers very Christian like. At least they didn't treat me very well and as far as I am able to notice, I am far from alone.

In 2014 I published my first book with them and I even signed a contract that stipulated they were going to do all sort of things to help promote my book. They did nothing. The only they did as far as promotion goes was to send out a press release. Now they did promote their services a lot. I was constantly receiving emails from the person who was assigned to be my liaison with the company and this person was trying to sell ME books. I was under the impression that publishers are supposed to sell books to people other than the person who wrote them.

Then there are the royalties. Like I said, this was my first book. Nobody knows who I am, still Tate priced it at $21.99. How is an unknown author going to sell a $21.99 book when the people buying it, has no idea who I am? I received a grand total of 4 royalty checks. None higher than 80 cents. How can a book selling for $21.99 net me a royalty of 80 cents? Even the eBooks would have netted me more than that. I purchased an eBook for somebody who was going to review my book for me. I know what I paid for it and I didn't receive a nickel for it. That leads me to believe that they were keeping royalties not only my royalties but from all of their clients. That wouldn't surprise me because of the circumstances behind their closing. From what I read, they owe two million dollars to someone.

I had already made the decision to not do business with them anymore before I began work on my second book but that was before I found out that they were having troubles. I was talking to another publisher's representative when I found out that Tate had closed. They didn't even bother to contact me. When I emailed them, they told me that they are going out of business and they want ME to pony up $50.00 for my files. WHAT? Talk about your nerve. I wish the Oklahoma Attorney General would do an audit of this company. The bankruptcy laws might protect them from any financial responsibility but not criminal.

I gave Tate Publishing $998.00 to publish my book and now their doors are closed and I have no book published. So, totally not fair. Now maybe if they had returned the money that I can now say they have stolen then maybe it wouldn't be so awful, but no, there is no money and no book. I am so upset because more than likely I will never see that money again. This company never should have taken money from anyone, knowing that the company was in trouble. This is why the world is such a mess, because even with a signed agreement people still get screwed over.

I am disabled with many medical conditions. Tate published my children's book. My final proof to them is not what they printed or what I signed off on. I sold many copies to this day. I will never know how many exactly. They never paid me a dime in royalties. It breaks my heart. I really could have used that money to help pay for my medical expenses.

I am a first time publisher with Tate Publishing and have published one book through them which was an autobiographical account of a near death experience that I had when I was fatally injured in an automobile accident. I was quickly accepted by Tate who found that the extent to which I had prepared my manuscript required nearly no editing on their part. The cover design was done by their artist and the book was quickly put into print. I was given very little assistance in terms of publicity and marketing, which was not what my contract stipulated.

There were numerous delays and other issues with regard to receiving royalties: numerous times I would receive email from Tate reporting that I had earned a specific royalty which was then either sent to a wrong address or was so delayed that another check had to be issued and resent. I have still not received the last check that I was emailed about, nor have I received the related tax documents that I needed for filing 2016 income taxes.

The statement(s) made by Tate Publishing in which they stated that they were NOT going to abandon their authors is, in my opinion, untrue... In my case. At no time did they offer to help me acquaint with another publisher. Now I am left to my own devices in the search for another publisher. Additionally, Tate actually has the nerve to request $50.00 in order to search out, locate and send my file to me. As far as I am concerned, I have already lost enough money to them and I do not believe that they should be allowed to extort monies from customers that they already owe money/goods and/or services to.

I have no way of calculating just how much of a financial loss I have experienced due to the manner in which Tate has mishandled their business affairs but two friends of mine work in a nearby Amazon Distribution center and came home a few months after my book first went public and excitedly told me that they had seen at least 2,000 copies of my book at their warehouse. At first I was excited by this but now I find myself wondering if Tate kept monies that they received from Amazon or other bulk dealers... Because I sure haven't received any more than $85 dollars in royalties since first signing with Tate. I can certainly understand why a class action lawsuit is being filed against Tate Publishing.

I am an author with Tate Publishing in 2014. My book was published and they promised in a contract of a website for life and books available through them as well as Barnes and Noble and Amazon. Now they have made money by selling all of the authors' names and books with another company. For Tate Publishing to want us (authors) to pay again ANY MONEY now is ridiculous. I will be contacting the Oklahoma BBB and the Oklahoma Attorney General about this and a class action suit is what I would like to join if anyone wants to contact me. Sad that a Christian publishing company would behave like this. It's back the MONEY... THE God that everyone worships! So that is what I'll attack... Their money.

I am not an author, but read about the problems. (My friend is the Author) No suits at the time of my order. I went on-line January 5th to purchase his book from Tate. On the 2nd attempt, an order went through. To date, I have NOT received the 1 BOOK I ordered. However, I saw on my Credit Card statement that I was charged for 2 BOOKS. They got my money BEFORE CLOSING THE WEBSITE, but no refund had been sent to me or sending of BOOKS have occurred. The company seems very dishonest. Bad Character, lacking integrity. I WOULD PARTICIPATE IN ACTION AGAINST them, for the consumer side of the matter. There could be others like me out there.

I signed on with Tate and my book was published. I ordered 40 books to start and received them within a month or so. Then when I ordered my next 100 (500 dollars), the company closed like two days later, so that was cool. They took my money and acted like all was well. They quoted me a 4 week lead time on the books. I still haven't seen the books, any of the royalties for books that I sold (which were plenty) and they want to sell me back my manuscript for 50 dollars. So it will be a miracle if my book ever gets back into the market.

Ryan and Christy market their business based on "Christian principles". Christy now has her own publishing company called Lux Creative Concepts, or Lux Publishing. It is registered in Mustang, Oklahoma like her husband's company. I guess they aren't finished with the publishing business? I would sooner play in traffic than to do business with anyone in their whole family. I have filed a class action suit with Morgan and Morgan law firm (forthepeople.com). I encourage anyone that wants to be part of the class action to contact them and let them know. It would be very nice if folks were able to recover some of what has been taken from us.

My experience is similar to the above. I'm a first time author. Emailed my book on my contract date which was Dec. 28, 2016. I actually talked to an editor who never hinted at their closure. My book is still with them as is my money. This is SOOOO disappointing. I would participate in a class action suit.

I published a book with Tate Publishing that was released in Nov 2015. I have not received any of my royalty payments. I paid Tate Publishing to publish this book. I have try to contact them but get no results. If anyone is going to do a lawsuit I would to get in it. Please contact me.

Signed a contract with Tate Publishing last year in May. I thought I was getting a very good deal to publish my children's book and it seemed so much better than my first experience with a self-publisher. Tate's people e-mailed me back and forth many times. My coordinator was Jim ** at that time and he was great to work with. Book has been published now for about seven months and as far as I know the only books sold are the ones I was sent and sold myself.

After they told me Mr. ** had quit and Terry ** had taken his place. Things went downhill from there. I tried many times to reach him or someone at Tate and have got nothing out of them. Do not know how many books or color books they have sold and have not received any royalties from them at all. I really thought being a Christian company they could be trusted but boy was I wrong. If there is a class action suit brought against them I definitely want to be included. This world is just so full of fraud and deception. Incredible!

I am also a Tate Author where they sought me out and published my book in 2013. I had already had the cover and edits done so they charged me a little over $2000. I was extremely disappointed in how little they did to market my book. It is very hard to trust "publisher" or other organizations that claim they want to help you get your book out there. PLEASE add me to any class action suit that may take place. Thank you!

I had a friend with a good experience with Tate in the past. Having been published by Baker and others, I was hoping to do a re-print with Tate and foolishly sent them the money in 2016, with the book guaranteed to be out in time for Christmas sales. I have the contract, but what good is it? It seems to be gone now. It's mid February - no book - no money - no idea what to do.

I sincerely don't even know where to begin. My publishing journey has been a dissatisfying debacle since day one. Before addressing the reasons why, I will say I am thankful the manuscript I wrote for my daughter is, in fact, in print. The aforementioned sentiment is the solitary positive in my lengthy relationship with Tate. At this juncture, I'm seeking advice/similar experiences and most importantly, a where to go from here experience of a previous Tate author.

My contract with Tate became that twinge of regret upon the release of my book. The book's size was changed without my knowledge. I did receive an email alerting me to this change, but only after it had been sent to the printers. After painstakingly searching several prior manuscripts using the six specific authors I was able to choose samples from in consideration of choosing an illustrator for my book, I was sent computerized, very impersonal images and assured they were by no means the actual images; upon release, they were the EXACT images used... no changes at all! I was also disappointed to find there had been NO editing whatsoever! Literally, the manuscript I sent in wasn't changed even one time grammatically. If you've had similar experience, please reply to this post. I have received 3 royalty checks. The last was .22... How is that even possible? I seek advice on where to turn and what to do...

I have published two books with Tate and my latest one was in August 2016. I was promised that if I paid a certain amount of money they would match whatever I paid and I would have a publisher for life contract. I would be able to publish all future books at no cost. I have been calling incessantly to no avail with no return calls. I was promised a movie trailer that was never finalized. I have received no royalty checks and even when I did receive them they were little of nothing. I constantly complained again to no avail.

Now I am ready to publish my next book and I have to go with another publisher which means more money. They have sent several emails saying they are bringing staff back from the Philippines and reorganizing and there was the option to request my files (2) for $50 each and no refunds of any kind would be given or do nothing and receive future emails about the reorganization. I will call the Oklahoma BBB and FBI to file other formal complaints. Please include me on any class action suit.

Tate Publishing Company Profile