Surf Laundry Detergent

Compare Household Cleaning Products

Research top Household Cleaning Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have bought Surf capsules for the first time, and have now got red patches and rash all over my body, along with red lumps. My face is covered in a rash and my eyes are particularly hot and sore. I have never experienced anything like this before. After talking to a relative who bought the same product I found that him and his partner are also suffering the same symptoms. What do companies do when such dreadful symptoms occur? My son has particularly bad allergies and asthma if he was to use this he would be in hospital. Don't use it.

Surf is my favorite laundry detergent brand. I love how it's very bubbly when you use it to wash clothes. Some laundry detergents just don't seem bubbly enough, which makes me think that their cleaning capability is of lesser quality. I often use the Antibacterial with 5 Herbal Extracts type (the white one) because it has the best smell. I've tried other brands like Tide or Ariel, but they just don't do it for me. Surf Powder with FabCon, clean and nothing smells as good, only 5 pesos!

We use surf pink to clean our clothes. It complements with the surf fabric softener that we use. I love how our clothes smell after it gets washed with Surf. I also love that they have promos, like free buckets or free brooms if we buy the big bag of detergent. It is a household staple for our family. I would know if the house help would use a different brand.

I used Surf Laundry detergent for many years because it seemed to clean well and smell good. I suddenly broke out in hives and unbearable itching with welts on my back and elsewhere. After many weeks of this I finally decided it was the Surf detergent and something had been changed. I stopped using the detergent and the rash and itching cleared up.

Recently, I purchased another small box of Surf at my Dollar General store because of the price and I had to be convinced it was actually this detergent that caused the itching. And once again, after using the Surf sparkling ocean, the rash and itching resumed and my husband even complained of itching. I purchased my Gain and set the half box of Surf to the side. My itching has substantially diminished and I have learned my lesson. Never will I purchase Surf detergent again.

I purchased Surf Ocean Scented Powder detergent in mid-December. This was not a brand I usually buy. I have a front loader and since this was HE detergent I figured I would give it a try. What a regret that was. I developed a rash along my arms, legs and chest. I had to go to dermatologist twice and then rewash everything that I had laundered with Surf. Thankfully Sam's quickly processed my return and issued full refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Surf?

I have been using a local soap powder brand for doing my laundry until my sister in-law recommended using Surf. It seemed good when I was doing hand wash (I usually handwash my clothes). When I finished, my hands' skin felt smooth but stiff. After some time, my skin started to chap. I'm very picky with soap detergents and Surf does not really work well with me. I'm switching back to my local soap powder.

Bought Surf pink as it was on offer. We have used all kinds of powder before with no problems. After one day of wearing clothes washed in Surf my husband's skin came out in rashes and hives, and had to be prescribed Portion after over the counter rash creams didn't relieve his allergy. Having read other reviews on here it has to be the Surf. Have had to wash all his clothes again.

I've used Surf for a number of years. They recently changed their recipe it seems -- suddenly, allergic response. If you're suddenly suffering, check your wash powder -- it may have changed! Narrow it down, remove everything and contact something freshly washed when clear for a few mins. Odds are, like me, you'll get a rash if you're having allergy problems.

Have been using Surf for a couple of weeks and when the cycle is complete there is always a hard lump of congealed powder left behind in the detergent drawer? When removing the drawer to clean it found more powder inside machine where drawer goes. Have never experienced this before with any other washing powder? Very annoying!

Just recently changed my washing powder from Bold to Surf and been through hell after about 2 weeks using Surf. I came out with rashes all over my body itching like mad causing my skin to bleed. I went to the doctors 5 times and didn't realize it was Surf washing powder until after trying everything else. Went back to Bold and it all went away. Thank God I just couldn't understand how a washing powder could cause me so much discomfort. Absolutely unbelievable. So glad I've sorted it out and just posting this to see if anyone else has had the same problems

My wife buys Surf Sparkling Ocean laundry detergent at a bulk warehouse store. For a while we have noticed hard plastic spots on our sheets and clothes. Had a licensed repairman check the washing machine and clothes dryer and couldn't find anything wrong with either. This morning my wife found a small plastic pellet in the Surf box of detergent which would explain the hard plastic spots that would melt while in the dryer and into the fabric. I'm buying another box and shift through it to see if this is a systemic problem.

I bought a big box of powder detergent from Sam's Club and now have so many pieces of clothes that are ruined! It seems that there is something in this that bleaches out dark clothes and turns them into tie-dye!

I have used Surf Laundry Detergent most of my life. I have sensitive skin so I always stick to what doesn't cause me issues. I went to Sam's Club and bought a big box (trying to save money). I noticed that this was a new and improved formula. I purchased it and washed my clothes with it anyway. I developed severe hives after wearing the clothing. I had also washed my linens with it as well. This is horrid!

My son bought a huge box of Surf spring blast which is not the brand I normally use. But I used the product and after every wash there is always detergent left all over the clothes resulting in me having to re-rinse every load I wash. Due to having to re-rinse after every load, my water bill actually went up! This product is ridiculous. And I wouldn't buy it again if it were pennies!

I found what seems to be rat droppings in my detergent.I bought it yesterday 3-23 and noticed it this morning 3-24. I have never noticed so much debris in a detergent before. One saeven has a small piece of gray hair! YUCK! I don't know where to start or how can I get testing done to determine what this is in my detergent. Is that worth a claim? I'm taking further steps but decided to take advantage of your help! Please. Thanks.

I suspect I am highly allergic to Surf Laundry Detergent with Active Oxygen. I have been breaking out in severe hives since I purchased the huge container at Sam's Club in November. I don't really know what to do, since I don't have the receipt and there is so much of it left. How can I prove that I am allergic to it? Last night I washed clothes in a different detergent and have not had any problems today. Any ideas? Thank you.

Surf Laundry Detergent Company Profile