Super Suppers

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been trying for so long to find someone to help with this situation that I almost gave up. Now I am so aggravated I finally googled Super Supper complaints. More than a year ago, my kids gave us a gift certificate for $50 for Christmas. When we went to use it, the place was closed. This is not the first time that this has happened to us. We tried to contact places in other states and could never make any progress. What a scam this is. I'm sorry for their inability to keep things going in a rough economy, but our kids were being practical by giving us this gift. They even have a business in the same complex where they bought the gift certificate. Who do you trust these days? Thanks for listening, any help you can give would be great. Now, it is more about principle. Thanks.

My siblings and I purchased a $300 gift certificate from the Cranberry Township, PA Super Suppers for our parents in December 2007. When we attempted to use it in Nov. 2008 (it had an expiration date of Dec. 2008), we discovered the store had closed in June 2008. I contacted corporate headquarters via email to see if we could use it at another store or just get our money back. I received a response from Sherri ** stating that I would have to take it up with the former owner whose name they provided me with. I contacted her and she said it's a closed business with no assets so she can't give me my money back. I contacted the PA Attorney General’s office who conducted an investigation but they said they can't do anything either. They advised me to sue her in my district magistrate’s court.

I had a massive heart attack in February 2009 and had open heart surgery. During my extended recuperation, my wife also had several procedures that had her in the hospital. During my recovery, many of the people I work with, knowing we had no family living close to us, contributed to a gift certificate that would assist us both in the preparation of our meals. My wife and I visited the store after receiving the gift and decided to wait to order until the dietitian I was to consult could advise me of the type of food I could have.

In the meantime I accompanied my wife to Atlanta, Georgia for surgery needed for her diagnosed pancreatic cancer. By the time I returned from her surgery (3 weeks later), the Super Suppers store on Golf Course Road in Albuquerque had closed. Repeated phone calls to the corporate office in Ft. Worth, Texas, have given me no one to speak with. I did call one of the other franchise stores on Lomas Blvd here in Albuquerque and the person who answered, was in the same business but had purchased the store from Super Suppers.

They stated that they will not honor the gift certificate since they received no money for them and also advised that each store was individually owned. I am very disappointed that the Super Suppers store I did visit was not honest enough to advise me they were in trouble and possibly going out of business. Additionally, when a corporation has a home office and is franchising a concept, they should take some responsibility in making good on the promises that were made (paid in full gift certificates) by their franchisees to customers like myself.

It is businesses like this that sour the consumer public on many businesses in general. I can understand if a business cannot make a go of if due to the business climate. However, it is inexcusable to take money for a service to be fulfilled, that knowingly cannot and will not be fulfilled. My gift certificate was for $100. My wife and I will not starve, however, the gift by our friends from work is not doing what they had anticipated. Our lives are not made easier as was anticipated by their thoughtful gift. Their generous donation to my wife and I is lost to them.

I paid ahead for several meals. I went back to make a meal and the lights were off, the door was locked. Several weeks later, I saw there was a 'for rent' sign in the window. I have sent two emails to Super Suppers' corporate office but they never got back to me. After seeing other complaints, this seems par for the course. Super Suppers have been closing at an alarming rate and many people are losing their hard-earned money by paying ahead.

Our daughter (5 1/2 months old) passed away on 5/30/08. Our close friends wanted to do the right thing to help us out in our time of need and bought us a $180 gift certificate at the East Hanover, NJ Super Suppers. Shortly after we received the gift certificate, the East Hanover, NJ store closed and we could not use our gift certificate. The other store in NJ would not accept this gift certificate since it was not purchased at their store. I have called the corporate hotline at 817-732-6100 and left numerous messages and have not received a callback. Almost all the phone tree options dump you into Sherry **'s voicemail and she never returned any of my messages.

I even left a message on the phone option to speak to the president and CEO Bruce Thompson and it still directed me to Sherry **'s voicemail. I sent an email on 4/28/09 and 5/19/09 to ** and and have not received a response. I feel I should be refunded for this gift certificate that I was not given the opportunity to use since the store closed. The "customer service" is non-existent as there is no way to reach someone in the corporate office.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Super Suppers?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Super Suppers Company Profile