Sunlight Dish Detergent

Compare Household Cleaning Products

Research top Household Cleaning Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Product Dilution - As a long time user of Sunlight dishwashing liquid I am disappointed in their "Lemon Fresh" product. Not only has the label been changed from red to green (one suspects green-washing!), but the liquid now has dramatically less surfactant efficiency. Though they boast about "50% more power," this new product is more about subterfuge than surfactant. This is consumer fraud.

At last, I have found sister complainers regarding the decline of quality of Sunlight liquid dishwashing soap. I have used it for something like 40 years, if not more, and have been VERY patient with Sunlight's new reality. I kept thinking the reason was because it was on special... "You get your money's worth," etc... BUT despite my tendency to hold on to old habits, etc., I have hereby decided that it's time for a change!!! Too bad for Sunlight!! Maybe they have decided to cater to new clienteles who are less demanding and prefer lower prices? Who knows? Meanwhile, the old Sunlight soap bar still works wonder on greasy spots... not all of them but most.

I have used this product for years, and purchase this liquid soap in 5L bottles. So disappointed: the soap is runny and does not clean as well as it did although the label states that it cleans 2X better. It does not. If this is someone's idea of adding more water for putting the soap in a hand pump for ease of use, it was not a good one. If I wanted that kind of a product, I could add water myself. On the hunt now for a product that does not have this kind of process.

Find this detergent to be a weak product. As soon as I find another product that will suit me budget wise & in a 5 litre container I will be switching. I get irritated every time I use it at the gall of Sunlight who take no pride in their product.

Just want to say how disappointed I am in the new Sunlight Dish Detergent. You now have to use twice as much for the same job. I buy the 5L size because I went through so much with dishes and cleaning my house with it. I have always told everyone how great it is and how well it cleans. Just bought a new bottle and it is like watered down sunlight which is not the same for me (it does not do the same job) so I will now be buying a new product, and letting everyone I told that it is not the same so don't waste your money on Sunlight products.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Sunlight Dish Detergent?

For the past several years I have noticed that this detergent requires a lot more product to do the job it used to do. I believe Sunlight has been watering down their detergent as it needs to be added to the water several times in one simple washing. I will be switching to another detergent after many years of using Sunlight.

I have been using Sunlight for many years - approx. 30 yrs. Lately I've noticed something different in the smell. It is bothering me, making me sneeze, making my nose run and I'm not feeling well using it. I'm wondering if there is some different ingredient that's been added recently.

I tried the ultra Sunlight ginger almond dish soap and it stained my dish clothes yellow. I have never had any problem with the Sunlight dish soap until I bought this kind and just thought you should know in case I am not the only person who has had this problem. I will continue using Sunlight dish soap but I will not buy this kind again.

I used this dishwasher powder that has left a white residue all over the dishes, glassware, and plastic utensils really bad. I did some research online to try to find a solution. One was to use vinegar for the rinse cycle, but it did not make a difference. Interestingly, the instructions on the box say that using less amounts of the powder will result in spots and film. I have been using the amount required for the dishwasher and not less, but I would be afraid of how much more damage would be done if I tried to use even more of this stuff in the dishwasher.

Now, I am wondering if any damage is happening to the dishwasher. The dishwasher is only two years old. I have stopped using this stuff and gone back to a liquid dishwasher solution, but the damage has already been done to my dishes and utensils. I had to buy new kitchen utensils.

I am wondering if there will be any compromise to my health from eating off of plates and drinking out of glasses with this dishwasher detergent film. I can't afford to go out and replace everything that has been run through the dishwasher after using this product.

I just bought on sale a Sunlight dish soap which is brand that is sensitive on hands. I have used regular Sunlight for years. This stuff is terrible like you could have put more perfume in it. I have an allergy to perfume so I'm careful what I purchase but I never thought that it would be put in dish detergent.

Sunlight Dish Detergent Company Profile