Skyline Publishing

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The owner was contacted by a rep for Skyline Publishing. We are a new business and what they were offering an advertising on the back of a local map that they publish. At first the rep said that it would cost $300 then Tony stated that as a new business we could not afford that. So the rep then offered the very low rate of $200 and that he would drop the price as his boss was pressuring him to get a repair shop on the map as a ad that is why he could give us this deal. My boss then said, "Ok." Well we received the invoice and it was for advertising on a Aberdeen County South Carolina 2016-2017 map. I then called the customer service number listed on the invoice. I told the rep that we could not advertise in South Carolina as we are from the city Aberdeen South Dakota.

The rep stated that she would have customer service give us a call. The whole time I was on this call there were background noises that sounded like they were in a personal home. Loud music and hollering. Something sounded fishy. So I looked them up here and see that it is a scam. Customer service did call and I stated to them that we felt this was a scam and that we would not want an ad in South Carolina. She was argumentative with me. I again stated that we did not want any advertising and that we would not be paying this billing. Again she argued with me. I eventually hung up on her and called the Better Business Bureau of South Dakota. The very nice Rep there read to me the complaint they had on file. This is a scam. Do not buy into it.

I have advertised with them in the past, twice. I received no business from the advertising. They called me again this year and I said "no". They couldn't by saying they would give me a half page ad for $200 and that it was a great deal. I weakened and said "Ok." However, I decided to go through with not advertising and awaited for an invoice so that I could contact them to tell them that I had decided not to advertise. A few months later they called wanting to know why the invoice has not been paid. I said that I had not received the invoice but that I did not want to run the ad. They said it was too late, that the ad had gone to layout and that if I did not pay the invoice they would turn me over to collections. They also said to expect the invoice with the proof in a couple of weeks.

I did receive the proof and the invoice which has an email address on it. I emailed them stating that I did not want the ad and to take it out. I then received a call asking about the ad and if it was to my satisfaction or did I have changes. I then stated that I wanted the ad taken out that if they can make changes they can take it out. I said that I told them to take the ad out weeks ago and that I am not paying for the ad. They said customer service would be calling but I have not heard back from them.

"Mark" called asking to update information for a phone book ad. He even used a town that is around here. I pay all the bills, and I sure don't recall having an ad in a Wilmington phone book, especially from a company out of Peoria Illinois, seeing as my company is out of Massachusetts. And to top it off, Mark gave me attitude when I asked him to repeat the name of his company. Dude, I totally know what you're doing my speaking really fast. Nice try, pal.

I read all of the reviews from past years and just to let everyone know - they are at it again! John called and tried to sell us advertising for San Juan County. He said it would be a quarter page - only mechanic in the book - $200 for a year. Said he found our ad in American Classifieds - which we do have an ad in the paper, the owner is a friend. Since they are in IL then they are surfing the internet to find small businesses advertising in local papers and are trying to sell them advertisement. Small businesses need to be very careful and do research before agreeing to any type of unsolicited advertisement phone call from an 800 number not in your state.

I hope the AG's get a hold of these scammers and put a stop to them. Keep Safe and Research, Research, Research before agreeing to anything that you did not ask for! Just for information - New Mexico - John with Skyline Publishing - 800-893-9309. Watch out for this guy he was very slick, the owner finally, said "I need to have my business manager call you back." The research was done and ConsumerAffairs was one of the first seen - which is a good thing! The business manager WILL NOT be calling back!

This company called me and seemed to know a lot about the info of our Church. Said I advertised in their magazine - The Relocation Guide... or something like that. Said he would give me a discounted price of $200 if I would okay the exact ad today. And that we would "once again be the only church" advertised in this so-called magazine. To make a long story short, I have a policy to never pay for anything until I have proofed it. They said to call them back after I proof it and asked me to make up a code name so they would know who my sales person was. I found no previous invoice nor order receipt from them. I then Googled them and found out these scam artists are doing this all over the country. I am so thankful I didn't pay them or give them our financial info.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Skyline Publishing?

I received a call from a customer service salesperson. I was told so many things and she made it sound like it was a flyer and that everyone in my area was going to receive a ad of our BRAND NEW business. I said yes that I would like that and she stated that she was going to send over a email with information on the ad and I could approve it and it would be listed. I never received the email (busy in my business. I didn't think nothing else of it).

A month later I received a bill and the bill said that I owed them $200. Included was a copy in which I still have of a booklet that was titled "Relocation & Visitors' Guide". I call the 1-800 number and they said that it was a error in the listing. I told them that I was under the impression that it was going to be flyers in mailboxes. I was told that they would change the name and that I needed to pay the invoice. I thought I was stuck in verbal contract and I sent over some changes (if I was going to be made to pay it was going to be the right info). I started thinking about it a little more and within the hour I called and spoke to a lady there telling her I wanted to cancel. I gave my information and said to cancel, that I was mislead.

Two months today I received a copy of the booklet titled *Relocation & Resource Guide* and a invoice. I called the company again and left message. A lady called and said that I had to pay the bill or I was going to collection. I'm mad cause if they can change the listing then they had time to remove my ad. PLEASE DO NOT TALK TO THEM. On their website they said that there were other companies using their names. NO this is them, address is the same *PO BOX 9014 PEORIA, IL 61612.

Do not do business with them. I have asked for a distribution list 3 times and they have not responded. The maps they provide are website maps and are so small, you cannot read them.

I have received an invoice and constant calls about an invoice for an "ad" that I did not place. Nor did I authorize any. Trying to collect money with harassing calls for a service I never ever requested or authorized in anyway. I think the whole company is a scam.

Do not deal with these people!!!!!! Skyline Publishing, aka Loyalty Publishing, Inc. Check out Attorney General Robyn Ziegler’s investigations and findings. Just google "Loyalty Publishing in Peoria, IL". There are 8 out-of-state Attorney General complaints and 1 in state for defrauding school system that they settled. They had to donate $5,000 to school system and have written permission to use school’s name. They changed name in 2008 and opened again with a PO Box instead of Glenn Ave. They will try to extort and threaten you for money they claim you owe but never did. BEWARE and write to, Lisa Madigan, Attorney General State of Illinois, if you do receive a threatening call from them and/or if they have charged you for a product or service they have not delivered on! (Just by answering your phone they believe you owe them money!!!).

They also have numerous rip off reports and BBB complaints!!! They are defrauding people across the country trying to collect on advertising they never even published!! There is no evidence that their “brochure” or “Relocation Guide” or “Maps” are printed and distributed anywhere. In fact, you will probably find it hard to obtain a list of distribution points and if you do, go there to verify that your ads are there because I guarantee either the distribution point has never heard of Skyline or they do not exist all together!!! There is no written contract nor is there any suggestion of a verbal agreement. And then they try to trap you into a verbal contract with a bogus recording and this has to stop now!! Call or write the Illinois State Attorney’s Office and put an end to these scheming malicious criminals!!! Illinois Attorney General East Central Illinois Regional Office 1776 E. Washington St. Urbana, IL 61802 (217) 278-3366 TTY: (217) 278-3371.

Several years ago, I was contacted by Skyline sales person who solicited me into buying an ad. I was promised that this ad would greatly increase the number of calls to my business and that a large amount of their magazines would be distributed at various locations. This was approximately three years ago. I never received a single call as a result of the ad. The following year, I was contacted by Skyline again. I expressed my disappointment from the previous year to the sales lady. She assured me that things would be better this year because of new improvements in the distribution process. I reluctantly purchased the ad a second time. The second year was the same as the first, not a single call as a result of the ad. I did my own investigation into the matter and I searched all over my town to see just how many establishments had Skyline magazine displayed in their business. The only place that I could confirm that had the magazines was the local Chamber of Commerce.

This past year, I was contacted by Skyline again, wanting to sell me another ad. It did not take long for me to say No! I expressed my concerns to the sales lady again about the fact that the magazines do not get distributed anywhere but the COC. I did not to throw any money away. Several days later, a different sales lady called me trying to sell an ad. She seemed distraught, like she had been crying and under pressure. I heard a loud male voice in the background, saying something indistinguishable to me. It sounded like a boiler room environment. I told her definitely NO! Several days later, a man from Skyline called me again. I have to admit that he was very charismatic and smooth. His tactic was brilliant. He never denied the allegations, but instead offered "Improvements." These improvements were that the magazines would go out to many different locations "this time" and that Skyline had developed a tracking system whereas the network of distribution points would be able to produce a way to actually show the progress to their customers.

The salesman also stated that he would give me several months to pay for the ad. I hate to admit I allowed the psychology that this guy used to work on me, but I will have to man up on this one. I bought it, hook, line and sinker. The same thing happened as the two previous years with Skyline, which was nothing. The ad itself was very sloppy with incorrect information, but it does not make any difference because nobody sees it anyway. Because Skyline had not fulfilled their promises, I did not pay them. I did not hear anything from Skyline but instead, this collection agency, Burnstein and Burnstein, trying to appear as a law firm to intimidate people. They have called me several times and sent threatening letters.

They even called and threatened my wife when I was not home. She has nothing to do with my business and thought that Burnstein and Burnstein was a law firm. They threatened all types of legal action, including a lien on our home. I plan to use every resource and available minute at my disposal to expose Skyline Publishing for what they are, which is a bunch of criminals who have just not been caught yet. PS, I encourage anyone who has been victimized by Skyline to report them to their respective State Attorney General. I have also read posts that describe representatives of Skyline stating that they had recordings of their conversations. Illinois is a one-party consent state, meaning that if they recorded you without letting you know in advance, they have broken state and federal law.

I was contacted by phone by a young man offering us advertisement space in a relocation and visitor’s guide saying that we would be the only business of our kind in the magazine and that thousands of copies would be distributed all over Maricopa County, businesses, hotels, commerce centers, gas stations and many, many other places. It sounded good and I asked to have a sample sent to us - that never came. We were looking for the supposed Maricopa County relocation and visitor’s guide all over the place to see what they were talking about. We never saw it anywhere!!! Then I received a very unprofessional looking invoice for $200. I tried calling and had no luck after several attempts. I thought nothing more about it.

Now I have been harassed by a Burnstein and Burnstein, Inc., a Carly ** that called my phone everyday between 6-7am for many days. I didn't answer as I was sleeping and she would leave messages. I tried calling them back and she is never in or on the other line or something she is just never available. And now I was sent a letter stating that they are going to "place the appropriate liens on your real and/or personal property" and that they are going to ask for interest in the courts and all kinds of other threats. If you get a call stating Skyline Publishing, DO NOT even begin a conversation with the person on the other end. HANG UP AT ONCE!!! I hope the authorities do something to stop these two - Skyline Publishing and Burnstein and Burnstein, Inc., before they continue harassing more and more people that are doing honest business.

In 2007, we got an ad for $250. We made payments, but paid in full. There was no delivery for booklets, no service. In 2010, I got a call - we still owed. We got everything ironed out and a paid-in-full receipt. In 2011, ** called threatening to sue if it was not paid. We presented the invoice. In 2012, we were contacted again by ** for $50 payment on another invoice (different number).

After the first glorious experience, we did no more business with these people and told them so. We sent a copy of the invoice (paid) and ** got involved telling me I was a basically trashy person, doing bad business, can't keep my paperwork straight and emailed the wrong invoice. How dare I ever contact their office because I don't pay their invoices and never call back except to say I am sorry? I didn't call back. I turned them in to BBB, Ripoff Report, Illinois Attorney General, Tennessee Attorney General, Consumer fraud line, here and 1 lawyer plus a cease and desist.

Do not let these people bully you. I told them I consider it a scam as I have paid once and got nothing back but rude service, bogus invoices, threats and screwed up credit. Now, I would rather have my money back than to pay 50 dollars to someone who will no doubt call in a year and try to extort another 50 dollars with the same tactics.

Relocation advertising - I received proof my heating and air co. was on the same page with another heating and air co. They didn't ask about our logo or even if we had no questions about what we would like to have in the advertising. At that point, I told the rep on the phone we’re going to pass, we’re not interested. They should have asked a lot more questions if they were going to create an ad for us. Didn't really have much to say, they said they were sorry I felt that way, end of conservation. About 6 months later, I received a bill for $300.00. Neither I nor anyone I know have ever seen this ad, that note they came up with and apparently sent out to thousands of people and homes. It’s a big scam, look out. I still receive calls from collections today over a year later. I have since contacted an attorney on this issue.

We advertised with this company. They send an example of what they are going to give you, and if you don't send anything back, agreeing to the ad, it's assumed you want it. No agreements signed; no billing ever came. 2009. In 2010, we agreed to an ad (big mistake) and got billed $300 for a 1/2 page ad in their relocation book. You never see this anywhere. They sent us a box of these books for us to distribute (I thought that's what i was paying them for.), but we didn't have any place to distribute them. We never had any calls from this ad.

In 2011, they offered us a good price and said they had more places lined up to distribute. I never saw any. $200 for 1/2 page ad. We paid. In 2012, they bugged us again. We said absolutely no! They started offering lower pricing, etc. Now, we're getting harassing calls that we never paid them $200 for a 1/4 page ad in their 2009 book. We never got any invoices ever, never ever, until now 2012, because they're mad that we didn't agree to advertising with them this year?

These folks are scamming people. Their book looks ok, not great, but it's not distributed anywhere! Now, they are threatening us with an attorney and to ruin credit. Thank you.

About two years ago I (realtor) was contacted on my cell phone about obtaining 500 local maps, with my photo, business address, contact info, etc. The cost was to be $450. They would be placed at numerous locations; post office, grocery stores, gas stations. They had me look at their samples online, and it looked good. So I asked them to mail me a sample with what my map would look like, which a few weeks later came in the mail. It was amateurish. It looked like something that was cut and pasted together. My business info (which was incorrect) was in tiny print (non-legible) in the middle of a map of the entire state of California (not local of our city as promised). I called them and said that the workmanship was terrible, and I wasn't interested.

Then, the phone calls started. I can't remember her name, but boy was she as nasty as they come. Relentlessly, I lost count after over 100 calls, for weeks. The number she always dialed from was **. She warns me about how she had me on a recorder saying to order the maps. I explained to her that I never once ordered the maps, and that a recording would not hold up in court, even if they did record the conversation. I never agreed to pay them for maps. I told her to stop bothering me, but she never did. She kept saying they would report me to the credit bureau, and she would send it to collections.

Recently, about two months ago, I received a letter from them for a $300 bill, saying if I paid it within 30 days, they would agree to reduce the amount due. I ignored it. Today, I received a call from a Bernstein & Bernstein law firm from the phone number 727-595-7396, purportedly calling to collect the money that I do not owe. When I told them that I didn't owe any money, that I never received the order they claim they sent, the line went dead. I am not sure if it was because our connections died, or they just hung up. I hope the district attorney gets involved. I already saw that the Better Business Bureau has received numerous complaints. That many people can’t all be lying. They have a completely fraudulent operation.

I was called and contacted by a salesperson from Skyline Publishing. She represented herself as someone from the community that was putting together a map that would be distributed to all the community businesses and they were selling advertising. I spent about 25 minutes on the phone with this person and told her repeatedly that I would have to check out the company (background) and have them send me some examples of their work so I could make a decision. She had told me that she would and that if I would agree to give my business info to their customer service person that this would lock in this pricing so that when I decided the pricing would be in place. She transferred me to customer service and recorded her, asking for my info to complete the account. I agreed and it was over.

I checked the internet for complaints and they came up all over the place. Obviously, this company has a long and abusive record. I also called the Chamber of Commerce and they said that while they would not talk badly about members, they also wouldn't recommend people to them because of all the outstanding bad reports about their business practices. I tried to call back and was told that they would have their sales person call me back. Obviously, no one ever did. I had told the secretary that I wanted to cancel my account and why. I tried several times over the next week or so to call and e-mail them; however, they never returned any of these. I assumed that all had been taken care of since I had not heard back.

A couple of months back I received a sample map in the mail along with an invoice. The map looked unprofessional and like something that could have been done by a computer savvy child. I immediately called again and it again took me several days to finally get hold of someone. I was polite and explained the whole thing to them, again thinking that once they understood the whole thing that the company would correct this problem and all would be taken care of--wrong!

I sent a follow up e-mail to them following the conversation with the secretary. I got an answer back from a Jacey. I have read about Jacey in other post. She proceeded to send me the recording of me giving my info to the operator but failed (surprise surprise) to send me a recording of the 25-minute conversation that I had with sales person first. Then I received a phone call from accounts payable requesting that I pay the outstanding bill. I explained to her briefly all that had transpired on this account and she proceeded to tell me that they would turn this over to a collection agency. I sent them an e-mail back telling them that I had tried to be patient and responsible with this as I figured that this company was trying to straighten out its problems and be more customer service friendly. But I have finally found that they must not have a concern about these issues. Please steer clear of this company. They are the poorest type of company. One without any customer service concerns or professional atmosphere. Do not even let this conversation start. It's all bad!

Two separate times, Skyline was to publish advertising and provide a copy to me. They never could provide a copy. Now they insist on hurting my credit and suing me for $150 ad they never published. My next stop is the attorney general of Kansas and Missouri to lodge my complaint. I have friends at the MO AG office.

We have been arguing with Skyline Publishing for over a year now! They originally sent us a bill for $150 for an ad they were planning on publishing. I called twice, emailed twice, and faxed that we did not want to advertise with them. They published an ad anyway that not only was hideous but contained the wrong contact information for our company. Now they are again billing us and are threatening to turn us over to collections. I am not being contacted by some attorney from Florida! They claim they have a recorded message from my husband approving the ad. But after several requests, they still have not provided this recording to us. When I explained this to the attorney that contacted me on their behalf, she told me that I'm not going to request a copy of the recording over $150 and to just pay the bill.

I was told that my ad would be placed in their local magazines at local business offices. It was never found in the magazine and I received not one client from the $300 ad. They threaten my credit if I don't pay.

I am very upset. They will never get my business again.

Skyline Publishing is a scam! Business owners stay away! The sister company to this one is Royal. They promise to put an ad in a paper (school or city map) and it never gets published. They just take your money and what you paid for is never published. Stay away from this very bad company. I have contacted the states attorney on this problem. No results yet.

Subversive unethical business practices were leveraged against me to sell advertising space. After time consuming phone battles, a three hundred dollar invoice was settled at a fifty dollar cancellation fee.

Unidentified caller asking for my husband by first name. I ask who's calling? Woman said, Skyline Publishing. I said, I'm sorry he's no available, I can help you, what is this in regards to? She said she'd call back. I said, please take us off your calling list. I told her twice to take us off the calling list and after argument, she hung during my second request. I have been calling her back. She will not answer and hangs up. I look her info up online on reverse look to get her info. This is her personal phone number she's using. I have adrenaline rushing because of her yelling at me as though we asked her to call. Please stop the harassment. Thanks.

Skyline Publishing Company Profile