1.6/5 (1207 ratings)

About Publishers Clearing House

Publishers Clearing House is a direct marketing company that markets magazine subscriptions and some merchandise, including kitchen gadgets, with sweepstakes and prize-based games. Its casino-style games include slots, keno, quizzes, scratch-offs, solitaire and others.

Pros

• Daily sweepstakes
  • Friendly service
  • Free to enter

Cons

• Marketing overload
  • Slim odds

Bottom Line

Publishers Clearing House is a company that offers low-stakes daily sweepstakes prizes. There’s no purchase necessary to win, but the odds of winning are small and playing results in frequent email and mail offers.

Publishers Clearing House Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publishers Clearing House?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

I received a postcard on October 28. It stated to get online right away to claim the bonus prize. No such site as given in the card. Scam?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

I received still another scam from Publishers Clearinghouse which stated that they were trying to contact me to claim a prize. The instructions said to go to a website and enter the prize access code W6168. There is no such site, and they do this kind of thing at least once a month, claiming now there is a bigger and better prize at the end of each month.

I am tired of their constant solicitation to buy or order things to win big prizes. It's got to stop. We are barely making ends met and have hired credit counselors to help out with the credit card bills. Publishers is one of the many reasons that we have over-extended our selves.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

Address given does not exist! Special online bonus opportunity! It cannot be completed!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

I received a postcard to go to a website; there is no such website.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

I received the postcard with warning at the top, stating "Failure to respond will forfeit your eligibility from this notice!" What is going on? I am sick to death with scams.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2009

Looking for pch.com/bonus. Not found. I'm sure this is all a big scam! It already cost me a book of stamps and counting to enter!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2009

I keep receiving stuff that I did not order, it comes with an invoice and a charge for delivery. I called the 800 number to no avail. What do I do? I don't feel I should pay to return this stuff.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2009

I continue to receive products and bills that I did not order. I'm an elderly with Alzheimer's and I just don't understand. I try to do the right thing, and have been paying PCH nearly $100 every month for products I did not order. My daughter came over and read the small print to me. They said I was a valued customer therefore they handpicked a terrific thank you reward item for customers like me. I kept sending back in my payment and doing what they said to do, all the while ordering another product I did not know I was ordering.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2009

I got this postcard to contact PCH.com/Bonus with a prize access code. I could not get where it says to put your access code in. Is this a scam? Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2009

I got a post card in the mail stating I should contact pch.com/bonus immediately. I did and didn't get anywhere as far as how to use the access code. I think that this is a big fraud/sham. Maybe something should be done about this kind of scheme. I did order something but it will be the last time I do so.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2009

I received a card on October 26, which told me to contact you at a website with a prize access code. There is nothing at that address for me to use an access code.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2009

I got a postcard to go to a website and enter a prize code. But there's no such website. I got a notice then a golden ticket packet to return. I feel now I have been wasting my valuable time. I have special needs children, and I was just hoping something good would finally come our way. Thanks for the disappointment.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2009

I received a phone call on October 24 stating that we won $60,000 from Publishers Clearinghouse. The man wanted to know if I wanted to receive it privately or with people and he also wanted to know if I had a savings account. After telling him that I was going to notify PCH and I hung up and called my telephone provider as I immediately thought it was a scam. She checked and said the call was from Jamaica by a Mr. ** whose box was full.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2009

I received a mail with a prize access code and tried to contact at a website. But there's no such website. Please warn others of this scam.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2009

I received a postcard which indicated that PCH.com was trying to contact me regarding a $1 million bonus entry. They gave a website to access and to use my prize access code. I went to the website and could not find any such site.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2009

I was urged to contact a website on the internet and to use a prize access code. Nothing there. The card was signed by a senior vice-president. I do not wish to be hounded by these people and am writing this as a precaution. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2009

I could not get to this website; it does not exist.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2009

I have made many phone calls to them concerning a bill they have sent to me. I have not ordered anything from them but they keep on insisting that I did. They say that it is under investigation but yet, I still receive bills and now phone calls. According to them, I ordered in February of this year and owe over $300. I have not ordered from them and would not because I'm living on a very strict income. My husband was injured on the job in April 2008 and was on worker's comp until they settled with him in May 2009.

When you only receive $500 a week then it doesn't leave for any pleasures of life and ordering from them would be a pleasure. How can I get them to realize that I didn't order this stuff and to quit calling and mailing me about the bill? I have not even received a catalog from them in years. The only thing I get from them is a bill and rude phone calls. I got one tonight and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, they put me on hold and then came back and said that they where transferring me to that supervisor but instead they disconnected me. I have been complaining to them ever since March of this year.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I received notice from PCH to respond at pch.com/bonus which I did. Then there were no instructions on how to use the prize access code which they say that I should use. What is that all about? I am puzzled by the lack of continuity of PCH.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I received a postcard, which stated I should go to the internet, so that I would not forfeit my eligibility to participate in a prize contest. There is no such website. I went to the internet and found several pages of complaints regarding this so-called "scam," and I am reporting it to you.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

So much junk day after day. Same thing. Do this, do that. Paste stamp here. All I think it's a bunch of ** continuation of all other complaints website that don't exist. It just sends you to more and more buy this, buy that.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I got the same postcard today that everyone is talking about. No website exists. They are liars, and they're deceiving people, their own customers. Jerks, I am done with them! There ought to be a way to sue them for false advertisement. Are there any honest companies left in this world? I am beginning to think, not! What a sad world we do live in now.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

All of you stop complaining. It's all a big joke. Your chances of winning the big one are one in one billion, seven hundred and fifty million; and you will have to wait until February 29, 2012. Good luck!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I received a postcard informing me to respond immediately. The card stated it was from Todd **. An e-mail address was given to contact, but when I tried to contact this site, it wasn't existing. At this time, I fear this could have been a scam; and maybe, this could have given my computer problems.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I received a bill from PCH for Barber Dimes Mint Mark. I have tried to call but every time I am asked to call back, which I did, to no avail. My problem is that I did not receive this order. I was turned down for a previous order so I didn't actually believe this one would go through either. Then I received this bill, saying I am late in making a payment. I live in a mobile home and have had problems with my mail before. Possibly, it was delivered to a neighbor's mail box (they are all together) and they just didn't give it to me or they put it in the outgoing mail and it got lost. I really don't know, however, now I am in arrears with company and I am very upset about this. It shows that I am late on account and I do not know what to do about it.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2009

I received a postcard from PCH stating stating that, "We urge you to immediately go online to pch.com/bonus and please use the special Prize Access Code below." No such website exists. I am so done with them.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2009

Simply a duplication of what the other complainants have said. They have covered the whole area in their letters leaving not much for anybody else to add to. I have received exactly the same postcard and instructions as they have. I am writing on behalf of my wife who had a stroke four years ago last October 4. She had been receiving a lot of mailings from PCH containing countless offers of various periodicals. At times, these mailings come with two separate envelopes. She used one if she did not find anything interesting and she had to use the other if she wanted to place an order.

There have been several instances when we had to stay home because she received notices about dates when their Prize Patrol would be coming to our area, hoping (of course) that it will be our house they will be knocking on. Sitting on a wheel chair, there is really nothing much she can do except respond to these mailings and watch TV. The promised date would come and pass and no hoped-for knock on the door. It makes me feel very sad for her when I see the painful disappointment written on her face! We are both seniors living alone in our house. She turned 80 last April 3 and I celebrated my 83rd year last September 13.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2009

I challenge the U.S. Government/U.S. Atty-Generals' office to audit the PCH to force verification that these prizes are legitimately awarded and the taxes are verified by the IRS as being a match for the stated winners, then to close down the PCH! For many years, PCH has offered different prize amounts to entice the public to order their magazines and other "as seen on TV" type of items. Some, I have bought.

The odds at winning the "super prize" or any amount close to a "windfall" are as astrologically impossible! Greed is the motivating factor in entering their games with PCH as it is with the Lottery. And both PCH and the Lottery continue to entice people to spend money in order to position themselves to "get rich quick," even with the PCH's disclaimer that "ordering items does not increase the odds of winning." I, too, got the same postcard, as have those others stating that "PCH.com is trying to locate them."

Beyond raising false hopes for a fortune in cash, no economic or physical damage has resulted to my self. I cannot say that others have not suffered financially and emotionally for their hopes to get out of great debt with a huge amount of money.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2009

I received entry code and internet address. The contest entry code was a farce. They were just pulling you into a site in hopes of you making purchases for prizes. All of their mailers are misleading and lead you to believe you have already won or are the only one possible to win by process of simple elimination. The odds never go down though as they should but they do increase.

They have destroyed a complete rain forest with the number of mailers they send out! The postal service is spending twice as much on fuel as they need to transporting all their crap which has my stamp prices going up 3 cents every year. Last but not least, they are over burdening my mail box to the point I have pry the mail out each day! Yes, they do send crap every day if not a the least, every other day.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2009

I received a postcard in the mail claiming that PCH was trying to reach me. I was instructed to go to www.pch.com/bonus and enter a prize access code in order to be eligible for an additional $1,000,000.00 prize opportunity. There is no such website.

Publishers Clearing House Company Information