1.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 83 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Publish America

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 14, 2018

98 Publish America Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Oct. 9, 2009
Original review: Sept. 28, 2009
Original review: July 29, 2009

Breach of contract: Publish America refused to send me residuals for sold copies of books. I have shown them a Nielsen report which at that time showed that 55 books were sold. They adjusted its number to say numerous copies were returned. That is why payment was not made. However, these returned copies never showed as sold. I never got any of the payments that they claimed to have paid. I did once receive a set of blank checks. Both of them were blank with the same check numbers even though they were not carbons. This shows very poor accounting.

I have asked them to send copies of these supposed payments, but they have ignored my request. I have been tracking the movement of my books on the internet and have found an increasing amount of copies that are now being sold; however, Publish America shows me no sales. So how can there be so many books out there? I have contacted numerous sellers of my book and they do indeed have these copies in stock. I have also found out that recently my work is still being sold at a printing company in United Kingdom. I have contacted them and they refuse to email me back. I have asked while under contract for proof of sales of these so-called returns but they refused to reply.

Amazon, UK and USA, all have a total of 25 copies of my work still for sale. Yet, I have not received payment for any of these copies. Just recently, Amazon started reselling my book and had it as being in stock and ready to ship. Yet ,this book is out of print and Publish America and Ingram's Distribution show me as no books sold. I can prove that they are not paying for books sold. I would love a lawyer who would help me take them to court.

Original review: May 11, 2009
Original review: March 2, 2009
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Publish America?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2008
Original review: Aug. 12, 2008

I signed the contract with them only to read countless articles about the faux publishing company. I didn't give them my work yet, as they have given me until Oct.1 to finish it and hand it in. I was told I couldn't get out of their contract unless I paid them $300.00. What can I do to get out of this contract?

Original review: Aug. 11, 2008

When I contacted publishamerica they had said and stated in there contract about a team of editors and format. How they will have me in 42 bookstores database, and christian database bookstores. For me to send in a list for them to contact people when my book is ready for publishing, To send my home town newspaper email so they can contact them also. None of this was done. When I recieved my two copies of the book it had so many errors in the spelling the text wasn't done nor was the format.I had to do it all myself with help of a friend and it took them four attempts to get it right still It was so bad very unprofessional.

Then they tell me they can't make no more changes because the book is in print.They didn't explain that the book was print on demand order. Whereas they gave me the impression that the book would be in bookstores across the country. And being as though I live in a majority french population i can't get them to publish in french unless a foreign publishing co gets in touch with them only. It's a great story but very bad formatting. The name of the book is called THE CYCLE CAN BE BROKEN

It really [upset] me that they told so many lies. it's a book about my dealings with drug addiction one that is needed to be told across the country for all those that believe that there is no end to the cycle od addiction. I put a lot of hard work into this project and had to relive experiences that were pretty rough at times talking about over and over again. and for them to just treat it as un-important is rude and dishonest. I am quite sure that the book would of sold more if they had stocked it in bookstores as they said. My main reason was not to get rich on the book but to get the word out on ways and means of breaking the cycle of addiction. I feel as though they have let me down big-time with false promises.

Publish America Company Information

www.publishamerica.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use