2. Miscellaneous

PartyLite/Blyth Industries

PartyLite/Blyth Industries
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.86/5

PartyLite/Blyth Industries Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PartyLite/Blyth Industries?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blyth Industries?

Original review: July 24, 2020

I had been a consultant and now a steady customer and I can say from experience the quality of the candles have taken a turn for the worse. They do not burn all the way down with the wicks burning out before the wax is gone. I have a 3 wick jar candle that the wick merely glows with little flame. The scents are not as strong as past product. I do not mind paying for quality, however Partylite is no longer worth the high prices they charge.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Had a consultant, Kristina P reach out to me and asked me to order from her to get her sales over a certain amount. I was told if I ordered 60.00 worth she would send me any candle of my choice. Gullible me believed her and I ordered back in April.... I've asked her over and over for my candle that she said she'd send. I have yet to receive it and I keep getting excuses from her. This has turned me completely against PartyLite. I upheld my end of the deal but she won't honor hers. I'm tired of trusting people and I'll never order from Partylite again!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I purchased through a local consultant, where I was staying in North Carolina last year. I live most of the year in Florida and consider this my home. A few months later I began receiving DAILY EMAILS from a person named Beth **. When I finally checked to see who this person was, I found she was a PartyLite consultant in Ohio! I have tried many times with the company to have my name removed/unsubscribed with the company and also many times with the consultant direct to no avail. I still continue months later to receive daily emails from her. Never order online with them or through a consultant as you will be harassed daily throughout the year with emails you don't want. How this consultant ever got my email address I do not know. I will never order from them again and have moved them to spam. It is ridiculous that you are forced to do this because they refuse to remove your name from their list.

Original review: March 8, 2018

When placing an order at this company you have to go through a good 10 minute process just to finish the order. When you’re done it takes you back to the beginning so you think your order did not go through and you start all over just to find out they have already charged your account and now you’ve ordered twice. When contacting the corporate office all they do is send you a computer generated response which really has nothing to do why you’re asking them about.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I took on the job of New Consultant. I am a working mother of three young children. The benefits were that this could be on my time to earn some extra pocket money. After attending one home meeting and making several phone calls to ask questions, I shadowed my first party. To PartyLite this is a “dovetail” where your Leader mainly does the showcase but under your account where you both make a “profit”. After the party has been closed and items received by customers I still have not received my profit. Not for lack of trying. Whatever the mistake was that got to that point is irrelevant now that I have called my Leader, whom I think is her Leader, a manager from the Consultant department and the Credit and Collections department.

I have continued to do this continually for over a week. They repeatedly tell me that they cannot help. It is not their department or that they aren’t the ones to “fix the problem”. When I get partial answers and I am supposed to receive my profit there’s another problem and the circle begins again. They are not concerned. It is not fair to be treated this way and I now believe that they try to get you in just so their company makes their “profit”. It is not a side job for the working person because they often pressure into a lot of meetings. They do not give full details and I guess they do not pay you either. DO NOT become a consultant.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I ordered a $24 package from PartyLite consultant Tammy ** in Vermont on June 24, 2017. On June 30, 2017 I decided to look on my account online to verify what day my order would arrive. To my surprise according to PartyLite I had never placed an order. I immediately tried contacting the person I gave my $$ to, so I could find out what was going on. When I did not hear back from her I called PartyLite directly & spoke with Elizabeth. Elizabeth had to call the consultant Tammy ** because according to my account I made no orders. Elizabeth came back on the line, gave me the consultant's phone number and told me that my order had been put through, but that Tammy would like to speak to me. Elizabeth said that my package was in the warehouse getting ready to be shipped. So I contacted Tammy to ask what happened, why wasn't my order being sent to my home? Why was I not getting credit for my purchase as a preferred member?

Tammy told me that she had my order sent to HER house because the person I gave my $ to was not a consultant. She was just a person helping Tammy to sell her product; this person had ordered for 6 other people and had not paid for all of the other orders. Tammy said she knew I paid, that I was "all set" and she would personally deliver my package. I said good bye to Tammy and thought about this for about an hour. So #1 I paid $6.50 for shipping. So did these other 6 people. So there is $42 in shipping being kept by this consultant. SCAM! #2 As a preferred customer I get points for every purchase. But Tammy got the points for all 7 women who ordered. SCAM!

I called PartyLite back, spoke with John-Luc. I told him that I paid to have my order sent to my door, and that was exactly what I expected to happen. I asked what the amount was for her shipping on this order and at first he would not tell me. I told him that I demanded to know because his consultant was STEALING. Bottom line. Her shipping total for the whole order was $19. So Tammy pocketed the difference $42-$19= $23 Tammy stole from PartyLite customers. Back to John-Luc. He told me to call Tammy, get my order # and then he would re-route my package to my home. So over a 7 day period I left Tammy 4 voicemails politely asking for my order #. Surprise surprise Tammy refused to return my call.

So today I called PartyLite a third time. I spoke with Adam. I had to explain the entire situation again. The difference is that Adam care about PartyLite's reputation. And ADAM is the only reason I gave those 3 stars. Personally Adam deserves the whole 5 stars. He said he knew I was upset and he wanted me to continue ordering from PartyLite so he sent my package out. He understood what was going on with the shipping, he knew I called 3 times, and he fixed the problem. The other PartyLite customer service reps are poorly lacking in customer service skills. Going so far as to condone what Tammy ** is doing. This woman confirmed she had my $ and knew she had my $. Therefore there is NO REASON for her to keep my shipping $. NO REASON for her to put my order under her personal account and deny me the points for my purchase.

PartyLite is responsible for their consultants. And they should never make a customer call a consultant to do their job. NEVER. The reps should have called Tammy, got the order # and sent my package. Or did what Adam did. Sent me my package. I do not have an order # because this consultant refused to give it to me. But when I get the package I will update this review with that information. If PartyLite sees this post. Feel free to contact me. I recorded EVERY CALL.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

I've purchased PartyLite for years, and even demonstrated for a short period of time 10 yrs ago. I once loved their candles and swore by them. But I bought the glass pillar trio, and had a serious problem that could have literally burned my house down. The tealights in the top burned so hot, that the contents in the glass vase below created fumes and gas burning smell. I immediately recognized what was happening and put out the candles, but the glass shattered due to the heat. The consultant was excellent - and I sent her pictures and she replaced the product. I would have preferred a refund - since I will NEVER burn a candle in their vases again...NEVER. Now they sit with seashells and are beautiful - but NO CANDLES. I just wanted to warn consumers after reading some of the other product issues. Buyer be careful when you purchase PartyLite.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I attended a PartyLite party on November 19, 2016. Myself and a relative both ordered the "Champagne" warmer, which happened to be out of stock. I was told they should be in within a few weeks. My relative received hers a week before Christmas, it's now January 27th and I still have not received mine. I've attempted to call the Host, however, she's not returning my calls. So once again, I just called corporate and was told they would send one out. Fingers crossed!! It's only been 2 months. Very disappointed with the Hostess!

Original review: July 21, 2016

I love Partylite Candles, the way they burn all the way down, the scents which blow all other candles out of the water and the exclusive decor items. I also love that I don't have to go to a retail store and instead deal with a very helpful and friendly rep/consultant who is always advising me of upcoming deals, rewards and when to purchase things for the most savings. I got an early look at the new catalogue and have already picked out the decor items I'll be using for an upcoming brunch event. I can't rave enough about the products and I will never burn another other brand of candle – even thinking about becoming a part-time rep myself.

Original review: May 22, 2016

I attended my cousin's party in March as a favor, and ordered the mobile air freshener, fragrance sticks, and some tea lights. Everything was received quickly and in good condition, and while the price was a little steep compared to a place like Walmart, it is high quality stuff made in the USA -- IMHO, you get what you pay for, and I'm quite pleased. At my cousin's party, I was talked into booking one of my own in May. It went really, really well (despite getting a flat tire on my way there!). I had over $700 in sales, and was able to pick out several nice items with my host credit. I just received an e-mail (one week after my party) that those items are also on the way to me.

So my experience with PartyLite seems to be the complete opposite of many people submitting reviews here, and I think my consultant, Kris, may have a great deal to do with that. Not only did she help me with invites, keep the parties lively, and do a wonderful job showing the products, but she was extremely competent when it came to handling the orders, explaining how everything worked, and answering all of my questions. Having worked as a recruiter for a couple of other direct sales businesses when I was in college, I have to say my experience with PartyLite has been a rather pleasant surprise.

PartyLite/Blyth Industries Company Information