2. Miscellaneous

Folsom, CA

3.7/5 (242 ratings)

About Massage Envy

Massage Envy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Massage Envy?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

My mom and I started getting massages several years ago. We were told if we joined together it was cheaper. So 65.00 each was taken out on my mom's account once a month for our massages. April 2021 my mom had to start radiation treatments unplanned. We spent the month of may sending forms to them multiple times to cancel the account. We were told all was done to stop being charged again in June. Amazing enough they have continued to draft 65.00 out of my mom's account for June, July, August.

When I called them on this they said it was for me even though it has always been one account for the both of us. It is charges for services we stopped in May or they told us they stopped. They are not trained. They do not tell you the truth and another red flag is they are continually changing hands. It is theft any way you look at it, especially from a 76 year old woman. Do not in any way allow them to fool you into an easy monthly plan because you can't get it stopped and nobody seems to know how.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I am highly upset with the unprofessional and rude staff at Massage Envy- Cordova. My appointment was scheduled for 09/07/21 at 8:00 pm. I received a text message on Monday to reply "Y" to confirm and "N" to cancel the appointment. I texted "N" to cancel because I knew I could not make it. I thought everything was fine until I received a call on 09/08/21 after the appointment from the front associate stating that she will charge my card because I missed my appointment. I told her I cancelled the appointment via text. She stated it is nothing she can do. I ask to speak with a manager. She advised the manager is not there and will be in tomorrow morning. I requested for the manager to call me in the morning. The next day I waited for the call and the manager did not call.

I then called the manager at 12:30 pm and spoke with Raven. She was very unprofessional and her tone was very rude as if she didn't care. I told Raven what happen and she then stated I'll reimburse you. She then put me on hold. Once she came back to the line, she said she wasn't going to reimburse me because I am not a member. From there, I knew I wasn't going to ever become a member with this establishment. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! All I ask for is the $65 that were charged to my card. I was thinking about scheduling at appointment for a later date. This has changed that completely!! It is not my fault you didn't receive my cancellation text. I am reporting you to the BBB and will give you a really bad review. I would have never thought Massage Envy was this tacky. WOW.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

My husband bought me a gift card with a substantial amount on it a few years ago for Mother's Day. I scheduled a massage, walked in and was told it had 0 balance. Nothing on the card about expiration.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I called and scheduled a massage for both me and my sister for her birthday. They called the day before to cancel one appointment because of some issue with a therapist. I called other branches and all were full except for one. The day of on my way out the door they cancelled again because of a therapist went home sick. I understand things happen but twice is nuts.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Have been a member of Massage Envy since 2015. Unable to book a session with a vaccinated therapist. This is frustrating and disturbing for them to not identify vaccinated employees. This is a hands on business who is not taking into consideration the health and well being of its clients. It has been almost 2 years since I've been able to use my membership, paying $70 per month for unused services is a waste of my money! Let's hope the Corporate Headquarters is listening and change their policy.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

I've been a member for 1.5 years and in those 1.5 years it's been so hard to schedule a massage. There's just no available appts. They take your money, but can't deliver on services. My HSA was linked for auto pay. My account number changed. Massage Envy was very quick to call me out on it and suspend my account threatening to cancel any future appts if I didn't provide payment within 24 hours. I was on vacation. What did I learn? Massage Envy only cares about new business, roping in new people for their wellness plan. They don't care about their wellness members they already roped in. They don't care that you can't use your wellness benefits because they don't have the staff to provide them. They are super quick to drop you if miss a payment because your auto pay card number changed.

Original review: July 20, 2021

This is the worst company ever with the worst customer service. I called a week before and made arrangements to pay with my membership and my cc on file for a 1hr session for my sister and a 1hr session for her friend. They confirmed everything was taken care of. When my sister and her friend were done with their massage session they both got charged for it. I had to take time out of my busy day to go personally and take care of the reimbursement and correct charges into my account. Now I am trying to cancel my membership and they give me the excuse that I have to finish paying an entire year to cancel the membership. I'm gonna end up canceling my cc so they won’t take any more money. If you do use this company, DON’T EVER sign up for their monthly program. Complete rip off.

Original review: July 14, 2021

This is the worst company ever with the worst customer service. I’ve tried cancelling for TWO MONTHS and it’s been excuse after excuse of why they can’t, then admitted to me they lost my paperwork. They said repeatedly that the manager was out and couldn’t do it. I ended up canceling my debit card so they wouldn’t take anymore money. If you do use this company, DON’T EVER sign up for their monthly program. Complete rip off

Original review: July 3, 2021

Can't cancel once you buy: if you accrued massage credits, you will lose them all unless used within 45 days. If you did accrue, esp through covid, how the hell are you going to use it? You have to pay $20/mo to freeze your account so that it stops accruing. WHAT?!?? And now I booked an appointment after 1.5 yrs and I get to wear a useless mask lying face down even though it's all open now. Fully vaccinated, looking to use the money I already spent otherwise would have come. Give me back my money and stop ripping off people.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Summer, 2020: I left a phone message asking my account be temporarily suspended due to Covid. They continued to charge my card monthly. I spoke to a manager. I was told massage credits accrue so I can use them when I was comfortable returning. I was okay with that. I stopped paying the monthly fee because I wanted to use up my many credits before starting payments again. 6/19 (1:14pm): Ready to use my credits. But, in a phone call, I was told two things:

1) My account is frozen.
    2) I have to pay to reinstate my account and use my accrued credits.

2) I have to pay $10 to use each of those credits - credits I've already paid for.

I was never told about any additional charges. When I asked why the extra charge, I received two responses:

1) "the cost of staffing"

2) "I'm not really sure."

I requested a manager call me. I was told that would happen today, 6/21. 6/21: No call received (yet). I called, no answer. I left a message reminding them of the expected call from a manager. I received no call back.

Massage Envy Company Information