Martha Stewart Products

Compare Miscellaneous

Research top Miscellaneous recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

A glass Martha Stewart 2 cup measurer that had about 3/4 cup room temp (75) water in it, shattered by itself this morning about 6 am. It had been sitting on my wicker dresser, there was an oscillating fan 5' from it but not blowing in its direction. It was about 10 years old. Playing at the time were very low notes of Ozark frog song. I was sleeping next to my corgi, no one else was in the room and the broken glass in front of the closed door showed that nobody had gone out. The measuring cup had been sitting there all night. Any scientists care to say if it was the frog song that broke the glass?

I purchased a Martha Stewart enameled Dutch oven from her collection. It lasted about 3 years before the enamel started to chip. I wouldn't recommend this product. This the second product of a Martha Stewart collection that I am unsatisfied with. The other being her patio furniture which lasted about 4 years until the seats and ottoman gave out.

We purchased a beautiful pre-lit tree from Home Depot and it was either the fall of 2013 or 2014, and I say this because I had a very unfortunate circumstance which has now left me physically disabled at 48 years old. The first year everything worked fine. The second year there were two or three sections that would not light. This year, the third year, about half of the lights do not work. Just before the family was getting ready to take it down I took a last picture and realized the top looked very dim, one of the bulbs actually popped and the section went out. I sent photos to the email I was provided from the Home Depot/Martha Stewart Dept. As I am waiting for reply the very bottom section does the same thing.

I send additional pictures to Tiera **. Ms. ** did communicate but I explained to her at this point lights are going out and mid section lights are starting to flicker as well. I think by next fall I will have a tree with a top and bottom lit up. I tried to explain my very personal situation. I explained that I am unable to locate a receipt as it is in the attic and right now is buried under things that we needed to store while what was to be temporary became permanent. We love the tree. It's the best one we've ever had. My kids are allergic to real pine so we had to stop going out and cutting down our tree for the season.

Anyway, Ms ** called and left message that she sent message to the "escalated" team and they decline. Home Depot is not willing to work with us. Well I explained even more personal information that with the disability, I've been put of work since July of 2014, I handled all of the finances, and in order to protect our home we needed to file bankruptcy. We just want a replacement. It's my favorite time of year, my children are all adults now but it's the only day we truly have... There are family heirlooms that adorn the tree. It's beautiful if you see the photos sent to Ms. **. I will add here.

There must be something we can do. I provided her with all the information she requested, however I just cannot physically present the receipt. The box that we have is the original packaging. It states it's sold at Home Depot. It's got a manufacture warranty - it states one goes out others stay lit... I had this happen with another product from another home decor company, they did not ask for a receipt. They even remembered to send it in August when their stock became available. The number I provided is a sku located on the box not an order number. It was purchased in store. My current case number is **. Royal Spruce 7.5 pre lit. Number to be reached at **.

We had our kitchen remodeled through Home Depot. We purchased Martha Stewart Perry Street cabinets. They shipped faster than they told us they would, so that was good. That was actually the only good thing I can say about MS cabinets. 75% of the doors and/or cabinets had to be replaced due to flaws. Many had dings, peeling paint and even warping. The installer said he had never seen so many bad pieces in an order. MS didn't believe us, so they sent a rep who agreed. After a week's use, one door's hinge fell out. You can feel that they are cheap and won't last. It was impossible to tell this from the small sample at Home Depot. All of the doors open so far that they bump into the adjacent cabinet. Restrictors had to be ordered for almost every door. We did not go cheap with this kitchen, but I have no confidence that these cabinets will last. I will NEVER buy a MS product again.

First year all was good. This year two sections on the bottom are not lit. And guess what no replacement bulbs to be found anywhere and come to find out it is a special bulb that will cost me quite a bit from the company. And as I'm in Canada well let the rip-off get even bigger!! Well we now know how Martha Stewart has made her money, by ripping off the general public with her ** products! Shame on you Martha Stewart. I hope you get a fantastic dose of Karma. Oh wait you did. You went to jail once for your dirty dealings! I guess you haven't learned from that and you're still in the criminal way! Happy holidays Miss Stewart. You're a disgusting person!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Martha Stewart Living?

Bought 2 packages of Christmas lights. The package said "Twinkling" lights". Got them home and put on the tree and only a few twinkle. Looked for directions thinking I needed to do something to make them twinkle, and lo and behold, on the package next to the word "Twinkling" there is an *. In fine print on the side of the box states that only 5 of the 50 lights twinkle. Why in the world would you sell lights that are supposed to twinkle and only 5 do? They are on the tree already so I cannot return.

We spent $2000 2 years ago at Home Depot on Martha Stewart wicker furniture. We're still paying for it. We've thrown out all but 2 pieces as they fell apart. It's very disappointing to spend all this money and have nothing to show for it. No way would I ever buy another product of hers.

I purchased this product on 11/05, it is now 11/09. The leash is a shredded mess. I should not be using it. But, it cost 33.00, not inexpensive. I have tried to stitch it, to reinforce it. But it is no good.

White Christmas tree - My white tree turn yellow. I cannot get the yellow out. I love my tree. I bought it from Kmart, it is Martha Stewart product. Please help, I have the item number. I would like to have another tree replaced.

I bought a Martha Stewart Lawrence Pergola and am looking for a replacement steel strip and finial. I called the customer service number on the booklet and he told me to call the store where it was purchased. Neither place can give me information on where to get a replacement part. Garden Winds has replacement canopies of which I have ordered. I am disappointed that I can not use the pergola this summer until I find a part. UGH! The cushions have faded even though the advertisement says they won't.

Cannot find replacement bulbs for the tree. This is the second year we have used the tree. The tree requires specifically designed bulbs which are not sold where we bought the tree???? What is that all about? Grrr. I am off to Batteries Plus to try and find bulbs. Annoying!

Pre-lit 9' Christmas Tree w/ "Never Out" lights - We purchased this tree 5 years ago at K-Mart. The first year, we were very happy with the tree. It looks very good for an artificial tree and was very well strung with lights. The next year, we weren't as happy. After plugging it in, we found several sections of the tree unlit. After hours hunting for burned out bulbs, we got everything lit again. So much for "Never Out." The year after, that was the same ordeal. Last year, we weren't able to get several sections of the tree to light. We investigated and found out that there were "fuse bulbs" that burned out. There is no place to buy replacements; they have to be replaced by the manufacturer, despite being no different to replace than a regular bulb (they just have a special base).

We called the customer service line and were told they'd repair the lights if we paid for shipping. We could just about buy a new tree for the cost of shipping, so we just strung additional lights. This year we've stripped all the "never out" lights off the tree and will just use it like a non-pre-lit tree. I'd be angry if we'd paid more for the tree, but we got it at a door-buster. If I'd paid full price, I'd be angry.

Knit & Weave Loom Kit - I have tried every configuration I can but the pegs which are supposed to hold the pieces together will not go into all the necessary holes. This makes use of the loom almost impossible. The pegs at the joints slip out and everything have accomplished to this point is ruined. I wish I had not wasted my money on this plastic junk.

Several pre-lit Christmas trees, different styles & sizes, all Martha Stewart. The lights don't work & THERE's NO Customer Service - Horrible experience with this brand & will never buy anything with her name on it ever again.

A few months ago, March, I went to JC Penney and bought several sets of matching towels. Not one but all the threads have come out of the edges and have started to unravel. So now I am going to end up with twenty of each that are no good. I bought these under good faith and now very upset.

I purchased a set of Martha Stewart sheets from Macy's about one and half years ago, the style, Peony. The bottom sheet is wear and getting holes where the stripes meet. Very disappointed. Sheets should last for years. Not a happy consumer. I am a widow and the only one on the bed.

I ordered the Martha Stewart 4 piece all-weather wicker seating with dragon fly cushions. 1st they said they lost my boxes in transit... They made me cancel order and re-order again. I am still waiting for the order AGAIN... and Home Depot says they have nothing to do with the delivery! Martha Stewart is not responsible? Home Depot is not responsible? WHO IS!? Home Depot already took my money and Martha Stewart already got hers... What do I do now?

I was always a fan of Martha Stewart sense of style. I have purchased sheet sets and towels over the years and notice a change for the worse since 2 years ago. Sheets easily tear, towels fray, colander handle came off, sauce pot lid top came off all within 6 months of use. She is obviously using cheap manufacturing and materials to boost her profits. Very sad.

I thought I could trust a Martha Stewart brand. I bought a tin of milk chocolate from J.C.Pennyes. When I bit into the candy, it was hard as a rock and could not finish it. I paid 24.00 dollars for this lousy candy. I'm so glad I wasn't giving this to a friend or family member. I hope stores stop selling her products.

We purchased 3 packs green LED Christmas Lights to use outside December 2012. We purchased another box today. Got the lights out today to string. One strand we call the flasher because one minute they're on the next they're not. The two other strands have at a minimum of 10 lights out. We pulled the ones that are out and the wire at the base of the bulb inside is broke off. We replaced the nonworking bulbs with working bulbs out of the flasher. Hung the lights and they don't work at all now. Trash. They're trash pure and simple. I'll never purchase anything Martha Stuart again.

Bought very expensive Christmas tree last year. Got home, all the lights wouldn't work. Too big of hassle to take back as I was a recent widow and would have had to do it by myself. Got it out this year, still wouldn't work. My nephew took it back to Home Depot where I got it to see if they could get the lights to work. They couldn't get it to work either but also said there was nothing they could do. They gave me a pack of fifty lights to put on it where lights didn't work. Very dissatisfied with this product. Think I'm done with Martha Stewart. If they stood by their products they would make this up. Home Depot said they had had a lot of complaints about lights on her trees.

I, too, purchased a set of dishware from Macy's in the past 12 months and am very disappointed in the quality of the product. Every dish, saucer and dessert plate I have has chips. The dishware says microwave safe, and the dish will get hot. I actually had the dessert plate crack in two pieces after 20 seconds in the microwave. The teacups constantly need to be filled with bleach to eliminate tea stains. We are a family of 2 adults and do not use the dishware in a rough fashion. I do not have a dishwasher, and carefully wash the dishes by hand. I believe that the quality of this Martha Stewart dishware is inferior and made with substandard material. I did not attempt to return the product, as I discarded the box and couldn't locate my sales slip. Will not buy Martha Stewart dishware again, nor will I encourage friends and family to do so. I thought that this savvy businesswoman would make sure anything with her name on it would be up to her standards of perfection... apparently not.

We bought these last year and they are very expensive. The cushions have already dry rotted. We kept them garaged during the winter. It's really bad, as replacement cushions cost more than half the cost of the entire chair.

Same thing here. I have called Home Depot and others. I cannot find replacement tiles for Martha Stewart's palm canyon patio set. I keep getting new numbers to call but never an answer. Any ideas?

I bought a pink stretchy-necked bunny from the Martha Stewart Pet line at Petsmart in Arizona. It had a unique noisemaker that had my puppy's attention immediately. Since my puppy is a 7-month old, 55-pound pit mix, she is never unsupervised while playing with toys. Today, in less than one minute, she removed the noise box cracked in its plastic casing and ingested two watch batteries. It didn't seem too terrible at first since they are small and she is big. It seemed no big deal for her to pass them. I contacted my vet immediately anyway just to be sure. I was horrified to find out I needed to induce her to vomit by pouring small amounts of hydrogen peroxide down her throat. As if the ensuing half hour of her being sick wasn't bad enough, since I saw no sign of the batteries, my vet had me bring her in that minute to do x-rays.

Sure enough, there are 2 watch-sized batteries sitting in her intestine. I am now on fecal watch for the next 24 hours to see if they pass; otherwise, she will have to have surgery to remove them. As the vet explained, the battery acid can erode her esophagus and stomach lining, pretty much any soft tissue it can reach. This will cause anything from blistering to ulcers that can persist the rest of her life. The pain can also cause her to stop eating. All in all, it is a very serious problem I would not wish on any pet owner! My dog is my family's best friend and the pain and suffering we have already been through today will be nothing next to the surgery that may be impending. I don't want anyone to have to go through this due to what I consider negligence on the toymaker’s part. Mostly, I'd just like to see the product pulled from the shelves or in the very least let other pet owners know what could happen.

My mother purchased a Martha Stewart queen size mattress set and in less than 2 years, the mattress has completely collapsed by 2 1/2 inches! We even turned the mattress last year to see if it would help, but that side also collapsed! Thank God she took the Macy's warranty out on it because she did receive a refund and was able to purchase another mattress. I guess having her name on any product isn't an endorsement for the products under her name. I feel sorry for Sealy for making the damn thing because normally, their products are wonderful.

I have a branch punch that I bought about a year ago. It broke the first of Dec. so I emailed Customer Service to find out what could be done if anything, such as

replacing the punch or how I could go about getting it fixed. I have emailed Martha Stewart Customer Service six times and each time, they say that they will get back to me in two days. Well, that is a joke. It is now Jan. 30, 2013, and I still do not have an answer. I have lots of incident numbers but no answer to my request. I'm not very happy. I will look at other products and companies that have better customer service.

I bought a set of MS towels at Macy's as a gift for my son. Very soft, and I loved the colors. While visiting him, I had a chance to use them. What a disappointment! They are thin and not at all absorbent. I felt embarrassed that I had bought these for him. I complained on the Macy's site and tried unsuccessfully to contact MS directly. This is not a way to stand by your product line. I won't be purchasing any more of her products in the future, based on my experience and on other reviews on this site!

We have bought several of the Martha Stewart brand dog toys and find them to be poorly manufactured and of extremely poor quality. Our dog is a 10-pound small puppy that tears these toys apart within ten minutes. If they are made as dog toys, they need to be made better and more durable. I will not buy this brand again.

First, I love Martha Stewart but after trying a myriad of her products as I like the styles and the colors. I have yet to be satisfied. So yesterday was the last straw. Her towels started to unravel after the first washing. Her sheets, after washing, are so wrinkled that even spending an hour ironing them does not take out the wrinkles and they look cheap and shabby. I bought a complete cookware set and the first time I used it, using a spatula, the Teflon coating peeled off. Yesterday, I purchased the new canister sets, as they looked nice. I hand washed them as the instructions said. Water gathered under the plastic coating on the lids and there is no way to get it out. I put 4 lids in the sun to dry but the water is trapped - so another brand-new throw-away. I'm over Martha Stewart products and cannot imagine how they get through the testing process. I will never purchase another Martha Stewart product. There is nowhere to go when the products fail. You can't return something after you have washed it, so the whole thing is a wash. That is my experience.

Martha Stewart Products Company Profile