2. Miscellaneous

4.2/5 (62 ratings)

About Life Line Screening

For over 20 years, Life Line Screening has provided preventive health screenings in community-based buildings such as churches, town halls and libraries. Its sixty mobile teams work to assess patient risk and scan for a number of conditions such as atrial fibrillation, Type 2 diabetes and prostate cancer.

Pros

• Available in 100+ cities
    • Variety of tests available
    • Affordable

Cons

• May not be covered by insurance

Bottom Line

Life Line Screening provides community-based health screenings for people with risk factors for heart, liver, kidney, and bone and joint diseases. While the screenings may not be covered by insurance, Life Line offers many affordable options.

Top Life Line Screening Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

The price of Life Line Screening was reasonable. Their people were nice and professional. They won’t make you feel nervous about anything. They checked the chest, heart and blood ...

Verified

Every year, I look forward to the Life Line screening. The tech is very good. He goes through all the necessary tests and gave a result. I [know] what I need to do to make any adj...

What is Life Line Screening?

Life Line Screening provides preventive health screenings for a variety of medical conditions and concerns with services geared toward adults over 50. Screenings are available for heart, liver, kidney, bone and joint health, as well as cancer, stroke, and diabetes risk, among others.

Life Line Screening tests

Screenings are available for heart disease and stroke, liver function, kidney and diabetes, cancer, bone and joint issues, and general wellness. You can find a full list of the screening panels they offer below. Life Line Screening’s tests are non-invasive and performed via ultrasound, blood work or EKG.

Heart Disease and Stroke
    • Wellness Panel Plus - Women
    • Thyroid Disease
    • Testosterone Deficiency

Life Line Screening preparation

Patients receive preparation instructions for the specific screening(s) they select. The most common requirement is to not eat for a certain number of hours prior to the exam. Screenings are non-invasive and don’t require you to remove any clothing, but Life Line Screening does recommend you wear loose clothing to your appointment and avoid any oils or lotion on your skin.

Life Line Screening results

You may receive some of your test results at the screening. The remaining results, which a board-certified physician reviews, arrive in your mail within 21 days. Most results are designed to help you understand your risk factors for specific diseases and conditions, like cardiovascular disease, stroke, cancer and osteoporosis.

Understanding your risk factors for these common yet devastating diseases can be instrumental in their prevention and the maintenance of your overall health.

Is Life Line Screening worth it?

Life Line Screenings provides affordable health screenings to the public. Life Line Screening reviews mention the ease and affordability of the service, as well as the friendliness of the staff.

Health screenings can show you your risk factors for common disease and potentially help with early detection, but not all tests are created equal. The US Preventative Screenings Task Force lays out which screenings it thinks are worthwhile and which aren’t. However, for peace of mind, a simple screening can make it worth the time and investment. If you’re working in tandem with your doctor, preventative health screenings can be a good tool.

Life Line Screening FAQ

How much does Life Line Screening cost?
    While the price of each screening differs, the popular "6 for Life" Health Screening costs $79 and assesses your risk factors for developing heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and lung cancer.
    How do I find a Life Line Screening near me?
    Life Line Screening travels to over 100 cities in the U.S. throughout the year. You can use the Find a Screening tool on its website to enter your ZIP code and find the one nearest you.
    Is Life Line Screening legitimate?
    Yes. Life Line Screening is a legitimate company providing community-based health screenings. Life Line Screenings shows your risk factors for certain conditions, but it can’t replace your doctor.

To get the most out of a health screening, get your tests analyzed by your primary care physician. You should always continue to consult your doctor about how to prevent disease.

Is Life Line Screening covered by insurance?
    Many preventative health screenings are not covered by insurance. You’ll want to check with your provider to be sure.

Life Line Screening Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Life Line Screening?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I have two friends that went to Life Line over the years and they spoke highly of it and how it gave a nice detailed report of all the tests. Over the summer and back into the spring, I did not feel good and I kept going to the doctor. The doctor sent me to a heart doctor and they did lots of tests. They kept telling me I was fine but I still didn't feel good. I felt a little fatigued. I would take the dog for a walk every single night and I couldn't go as far as I used to go. That was getting shorter and shorter. There was something really wrong here.

I asked my friend about the Life Line Screening and he said it was going to be on August 19th at the Four Points Sheraton or Belmont Suites. I made an appointment and I went. I spent 150 and they did five tests. The girls then took me for a walk down the hall and they said I had to go to the emergency room because I had an abdominal aortic aneurysm that was pretty large. The normal one is 2 but I had 7.5. Some of the signs of an aortic aneurysm are fatigue, a little bit of shortness of breath, and pain in your lower back and up in your shoulder. I had all of those but I didn't know.

I went to the ER and they did tests then a CAT scan. They found the aneurysm and they contacted the surgeon on call for vascular. I had surgery on September 3rd. I was extremely fortunate that the surgeon on call was the director of vascular surgery. He was so nice and funny. He put me at ease. I have felt better every single day since the surgery. It's freakin’ amazing. The OR doctor told me that in four to six months, the aneurysm would have burst and in four minutes, I would have passed away. I suggest getting screened and I highly recommend Life Line. They saved my life and I am thankful for their services.

Good afternoon John,

Thank you so kindly for sharing your experience and feedback. It was and still is our pleasure to provide our service to you! I hope you are recovering well and feeling better each day!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I got the basic screening that whether I got plaque in your carotid arteries and the triple A screening. The technicians were helpful, pleasant, and upbeat. The last one I went to, she and her associate had a very good sense of humor. We cut up together. And I enjoyed that. Life Line was able to diagnose me with a heart problem I did not know I had. So the results were wonderful. The menu however was too big. We're familiar with it. But when we were there was more selling going on with respect to different tests than I would be comfortable with. But we have known it before, so we knew what we want and didn't want. The selling of the different services they have available should be done prior to any testing.

Other than that, Life Line Screening is a good thing to get. Because in my case, I found out I had what is called A-fib, and I didn't know it. They have impacted my life in such a way that I'm getting treatment for the A-fib. Many of the things that they do are things that we may not know we have. For example, an aortic aneurysm, which is a very dangerous thing. I know because I got one. But over a period of time, it can be a real problem. And that is one of the things you test for. An aortic aneurysm is something that, unless you went to Life Line Screening or you were just smart enough to go get the test, you would never know you had it.

Good morning Robert,

Thank you for sharing your experience and your feedback, it allows us to better service our Participants!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

My husband had a stroke right before turning 55 yrs old. He had asked our PCP to have tests done several times, in the 5 yrs since then, to make sure there were no further blockages because they never really determined the reason for his stroke (stroke was 12/31/2015). His cholesterol numbers were normal & the PCP said that he was 'doing good ' & no need for any tests. We had a bit of a windfall & had the money to do Life Line Screening at the time of receiving the notice in the mail so I decided to set up appts for each of us.

We got results that his right carotid artery has 100% occlusion/blockage!! We were stunned & had it backed-up with further test done by a Vascular Surgeon, with the exact same results. BUT now we know how vital it is for these test to be done... They can not operate on 100% blockage, but we will watch his other arteries so we can stay on top of things! We are very happy we had this test done & really believe it could have been a decision that saved his life!!!

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your story with us! Screenings provide peace of mind or early detection and we are so happy to have been helpful to you and your husband.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Life Line Screening detected a total blockage of one of my husband's carotid arteries. We made an appointment right away with the vascular surgeon, who then told us that it wasn't life-threatening at this point and sent us on our way, which was good. But it gave us a baseline. My husband is now in touch with a vascular surgeon on a regular basis because of that. I'm very glad that we had the Life Line.

The staff was very helpful. But it was messed up because with the pandemic and the situation last fall, and they were getting super booked up. And then, they had staff shortages. I said, “You have to get me this appointment. ‘Cause we're going to Florida.” The lady I talked to went out of her way to make sure she got us that that day that we wanted. Because they called us and they were going to cancel because one of their people hadn’t shown up. Other than that, I would recommend Life Line to other people because it does check certain things. We see our doctor every six months all the time, and she's on top of everything normally. But the Life Line was a little extra thing that she would have missed it. So, it worked out.

Original review: March 19, 2021

I saw a screening with Life Line that I didn’t get from my regular doctor. Artery clogging in the neck was something that we weren't following through with the doctors and we weren’t running any kind of tests that would check it so it would be worth it to see if there was any going on. The only thing is that the few locations that I've gone to are all temporary ones.

There are enough space to put chairs and the beds or whatever to lie down on to do the testing on. But I'm not used to that from when I go to see my regular doctor. It wasn't comfort so much as the whole idea of fly-by-night. They move into this and then take your money and go away. There's no permanence in the location or the people that I could go back to, for example, and say that I was here two weeks ago and this is what the result was and to explain it. It was too mobile. But it wasn't uncomfortable. The only thing is that it might have been a little bit cooler than I would have preferred, but that's not a big deal.

For Life Line to do this, one thing that would make it more permanent-seeming would be like what I've seen done with blood pressure. They'll have a mobile blood pressure trailer set up. You go in. lie down on one of the beds that’s there, they do their thing and then, you go out the other end. It's still mobile but it's more permanent-seeming because money was spent to buy the vehicle and to outfit the vehicle with the equipment than to just move in, unload the stuff in the empty room, set it up, and then pack it all up and drive away the next day.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Life Line Screening was very good this year. Last year was terrible. We had to deal with some very obnoxious people and that was reported, too. This time, it was fine. We had felt good about the results.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your feedback and we're so happy to hear about your improved experience this year. We are always listening to comments and strive to improve.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

Everything was fine. For some of the things that my husband had done, Life Line found some things that they wanted a doctor to look at. So we're having some work done on that now. I thank Life Line very much.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your comments and for scheduling a screening with us.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

They have good prices for the testing and the techs have always been good.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We appreciate your comments very much.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

The biggest issue that I have with them is they are never on time. When you get there, you've pre-arranged and pre-registered, but they're never set up. Other than that, they tell you everything you need to be aware of.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for the delays and we're always trying to improve our process.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

We've been scheduled for our appointment, and we go in exactly when we're supposed to. They take us in and check us out. They’ve increased more things as they go along a little bit. So that’s good. Life Line does a good job. They set your mind at ease a little bit on how you feel and what your possibility is. If they find something, they're going to let you know right away so you can go to your doctor and see if you can have it fixed, which is good.

Life Line Screening response

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your comments very much!

Life Line Screening Company Information