2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

1.8/5 (57 ratings)

About GBS Warranty Services

GBS Enterprises sells furniture warranties with comprehensive coverage. You can add on its protection plans, which offer nationwide home repair services for a multitude of damages, when you buy your merchandise through many major furniture companies.

Pros

• Comprehensive coverage
  • Nationwide in-home repair service
  • U.S.-based service centers

Cons

• Nontransferable coverage
  • No direct-to-consumer availability

Bottom Line

GBS sells warranties for furniture issues not covered by manufacturers, such as stains and rips. Its plans are sold with merchandise and are not available for direct purchase. Technicians service or replace covered items.

Top GBS Warranty Services Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… I had to call the GBS number and make an appointment based on the stuff that I had in my bed. It only took a week and it exceeded my expectations. It was good. He's a really nic...

Verified

I have a 5-year warranty with GBS that covers any cleaning or repairs for the duration of the warranty… The tech who came had a face mask on. ... He moved stuff around, nailed and...

What is GBS Enterprises?

GBS Enterprises is a third-party provider and servicer for furniture warranty plans. It partners with furniture and mattress/bed manufacturers, dealers and distributors to offer warranty policies for mattresses and bases, area rugs and other furniture at the time of purchase. Its furniture coverage typically lasts three to five years, though warranties for beds last about twice as long.

The GBS Protect All service plans cover fabric, leather and wood and come in three levels:

• Premium (rips, tears, stains and burns)
  • Premium with Power
  • Premium with Power, Mechanisms & Frames

Protect All covers punctures and rips, stains from human and pet bodily fluids, dye, grease, oil, nail polish, paint and marker and more. Its coverage for wood includes peeling, scratches and lifting of veneers, and its bed protection provides motor, mechanism, electrical component, controller and power surge services. Regular wear and tear is not covered.

GBS also sells Healthy Sleep’s Ultra-Tech and Cool-Tech mattress covers and encasements, which protect against dust mites, bed bugs, allergens and moisture. Ultra-Tech pillows feature anti-microbial, moisture-wicking fabric with filling that aligns your head, neck and spine. Cool-Tech products protect from stains and spills and help keep you cool while sleeping.

GBS warranty services costs

The prices for a GBS extended warranty vary based on the type of product you’re covering and its value. These warranty plans incur an additional cost at the time of product purchase. Retailers sell the policies, and buyers cannot purchase them directly from GBS Enterprises.

GSB Enterprises Warranty Services FAQ

What does GBS' warranty services cover?
GBS warranties cover damages to furniture, area rugs, outdoor furniture and adjustable beds. Comprehensive damage coverage includes pet, food, oil, dye and cosmetic stains, rips, scratches and more. GBS also covers glass breakage, veneer peeling and cracking. You can upgrade your plan to include mechanical and power functions.
Where are GBS' warranty services available?
GBS has technicians in all 50 states. Plans are available for purchase through participating retailers.
Where is GBS located?
GBS Enterprises is located in Deerfield Beach, Florida.
Can you pay GBS online?
GBS warranty services are not available for online purchase, but online claims service is available.

Do we recommend GBS warranty services?

Yes. GBS Enterprises’ warranty plans are a good idea for customers looking to protect their purchases. They typically provide comprehensive coverage that far exceeds the manufacturer’s warranty, and the company has technicians in all 50 states. Because the extra protection covers rips and stains, it’s ideal for customers with pets or children. If a protected item can’t be repaired, GBS will replace it.

GBS Warranty Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about GBS Warranty Services?

Original review: Jan. 12, 2021

The service request with GBS was on the couch seat cushions. It was simple. You have to go through step-by-step, what happened, and which part, which was time consuming having to think about every little spot on the couch. And then when the technician got there, he didn't have for the second sofa. He only had reported for the first. I had gone through a lot of time going through both sofas. Make sure the request gets communicated with the cleaner.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Catledge, we appreciate your feedback. You reported stains on two identical sofas, and the agent did add both of the sofas on the work order. We do apologize if the technician advised you that there was only one sofa on the work order. It may have been something that was overlooked because of the fact that they are identical. We are pleased that the technician was able to still clean both sofas, and correct the stains. We look forward to providing you with excellent service in the future as well! Thank you for being our customer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I just had Jordan's Furniture come out, and after they left, I got a call saying that the issue wasn't something covered under the manufacturer's warranty, so it had to go through the protection plan. Jordan's connected me with a rep at GBS and the woman just asked me some information and I gave it to her. It was a quick, easy and simple phone call, and then that was that. But it's been about three weeks, and one of the spots that was repaired is ripped again. I have Jordan's coming out again next week and they're going to see if it's the same spot the third time. They're going to see if it works under the manufacturer's warranty or not. GBS is definitely worth it.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Kristene, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that your experience over the phone and the technician's visit went smoothly. We appreciate and value your business.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I bought a very expensive leather sectional sofa for my daughter May 2018. Purchased a 5 year extended warranty thru GBS. Had a problem with the leather tearing. Filed a claim with GBS. They ask for pictures, sent pictures. They would not cover the piece that was damaged. Ask them to come look at it and they refused to send a rep to even look at the damage. The warranty was not worth the paper it was written on. Don’t buy an extended warranty from GBS. Waste of 250.00. They made their decision based on pictures. No personal service.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2020

I got a sectional and I bought GBS Warranty for it. My dad is in and out of rehab right now and was crashing on my couch and spilled chili all over my couch one night. I needed to get that fixed because I'm not down with chili stains on a couch. I had another warranty company with a different sectional that I had before, and that was the worst experience of my life. GBS was so easy, and they were quick. It was effortless. I almost felt like I had to do nothing. It was nice.

I spoke to two representatives and both of them were great. I had to do a return and exchange my couch when I first bought it. The guy was super helpful, super quick and made me feel really comfortable. Then I didn't realize that I didn't tell him it was an exchanged couch. So, when I went online, I was logged in at the same time, and I could see the claim immediately. I didn't realize that it was the wrong type of couch. I called back and the girl that I talked to was really helpful. She even gave me a number to text the pictures to. I was able to send everything super quickly. They were so nice and they laughed with me, too. GBS is excellent in every way. Even the guy that came and did the service was great, too. He even showed me what to do to make sure that the couch piece would dry because it takes a while. He was super nice.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Samantha, thank you for your outstanding review. We are happy to hear that you had excellent service from your interaction with the agents, all the way down to the technician visit. We thrive to make this a seamless positive experience for all of our customers. Thank you so much for being a part of GBS. We look forward to providing excellent service again in the future should you need us!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I got a full coverage plan from GBS. I called them for the sofa that was broken. The middle seat was slammed into the bottom. I got a text message three or four days later letting me know that the tech was gonna contact me to schedule a date. Then they contacted me and we scheduled the date. It was a day or two after they came over so the whole thing took about a week. They weren't able to get me a date right away when the tech was gonna come. I had to wait. I wasn't really sure when they were gonna contact me, if I was gonna be available. I couldn't really work around my schedule 'cause I was waiting for a response. But the work was good and I'm happy with the service I got.

GBS Warranty Services response

Mrs. Sujey, we value your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the scheduling of your appointment. We are extremely happy to know that we were able to pivot this experience to a positive one during the outstanding technician's visit that you received which ended in your problem being corrected. Thank you for being our customer.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

This warranty is a scam. I purchased a sectional sofa with an oversized ottoman from Ashley Furniture at Naperville including a five-year a full coverage PREMIUM plan (ProtectAll By GBS). At the time of purchasing the furniture, I asked the sales person if the ottoman is strong enough as it seems that is not, he said any issue with the frame will be covered by a protection plan. After less than 18 months, the ottoman decking started to go down. I filed a claim to the GBS Warranty Services.

An assessor visited the furniture and said the frame material is defective. It is supposed to have strips under deck to support it and avoid this issue, he said. But this is my observation, the company must make a decision to repair it and replace it. But after a week I got an email that denied my claim. GBS says "Decking Damage – Per the terms and condition of your protection plan decking damage is not listed as coverage on your protection plan and as a result is deemed non-warranted.". It is such a ridiculous excuse. There is no explanation for not covering decking damage in warranty policy as well as Ashley's website. The assessor also verified this is the furniture issue.

Then I went to Ashley to find my sales person that I couldn't find. I talked to another sales person and explained the issue but he said you must follow it up with the GBS Warranty and Ashley is not responsible for that. I asked him why you sell something that you know will be damaged very soon because of the lack of quality. Finally, after a long conversation, his point was that this is kind of Ashley's policy to keep the cost low by sacrificing furniture's quality. They also outsource warranty to a 3rd party to deviate customers' dissatisfaction from their company.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

On my 2 month old couch, I had an incident where I keep all 5 my grandkids at one time. 1 of them wrote on back of couch with markers while I was changing a diaper (and I got peed on doing that), 1 running across it with dirty hands from eating, and other jumping and peed on himself. Since all happened at night I called next day. I was Told that since it was all over couch it was considered accumulation, they only do spot treatment and it was not covered.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

We purchased a sectional leather couch from Ashley Furniture. Sales rep said we should definitely purchase the warranty just in case. I asked about the damage it would cover to the sales Rep before buying the warranty. He said it would cover all accidents to the couch. Well, we had an accident with one of our grandkids taking a knife to the couch. It ripped it in 3 places. I took some leather tape to hold it together and filed a claim. GBS denied the claim saying because I put tape on it they will not cover it. They also denied because it was not normal wear.

The reason people buy accident protection plans are for accidents!!! I am a business owner myself and would never operate my business like this. I cannot believe they denied my claim. After looking the company up I see this is normal for GBS. Ashley Furniture is a part of this corrupt selling of warranties. I will never buy from them again. They should not be associated with a company that is so dishonest! I hope I can help even one person not go to this furniture store and especially not purchase an accident protection warranty.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

I tried to explain to them my situation and although the contract is covering for cuts and tears, when I submitted the pictures they easily denied and I could sense how they were coming up with nonsense reasoning to wash their hand. Don't waste your money for them.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

I purchased a warranty with GBS when I bought a recliner with Ashely Furniture in 2020. A year and half later (July 1st 2021) the headrest motor stopped working and it was stuck in a forward position which made it extremely uncomfortable for our necks. I contacted GBS and filed a claim. A tech was sent out by one their contractors who advised the motor needed to be replaced. GBS said the motor would arrive at my home in 2 weeks. Well that never happened. I gave them another week and called and asked why hasn't it arrived. They said no that's not the case, parts take up to 4 weeks. The part never came so I called again and was advised the part will arrive on 8/26/2021 and she promised. I said thank you bc my husband has been in the hospital since 8/3 and it would nice if he had a comfortable chair to sit in when he return home. It's the only chair we have In our living room.

The part never arrived. I gave them 2 more days and then called again. They said, "We don't know when it will come. You need to call Ashley furniture." I called Ashley who said it's GBS responsibility. They contacted GBS for me and said someone would call me from GBS IN 2 DAYS. NO CALL. CRICKETS. I called and the staff didn't know anything, didn't know what was up with the part, said she would escalate to a supervisor. Again Crickets. So I emailed the company. A person got back to me and said a supervisor contacted the retailer and is waiting on a answer? Of course no follow up on them even after I emailed her back and told her I was contacting the Better Business Bureau and the insurance commission. Still no response. I have filed a complaint with BBB.

What frustrates me is that I will have to wait several days for a response to BBB by GBS and they will probably say a part will arrive in a few weeks and so the cycle continues. And I'm out of 150.00 for a useless warranty and over 800 for a recliner We cannot use. Very upset right now. My husband has been very ill for a while now and to have to go back and forth and be treated like a non person is very upsetting and hurtful. We don't have the money to go out and replace this very expensive recliner. My husband will be out of work for months recovering.

GBS Warranty Services Company Information