Forbes Magazine

Razor Sharp

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I apply for receiving a free magazine without give them any credit card or pay anything and now they send me letter to pay something that I never ask. They keep sending letter and more and more threat. They said is gonna be forwarded to my credit card company. They will literally harass you. I will never pay for something that I didn't order. Hope they will stop threaten and harassing people. Sorry for my bad English. It's not my primary language but hope you understand what I said!

I develop iOS apps and posted a review of an app by Parentsware called OurPact written about by Eilene Zimmerman of Forbes. My posting was deleted but another post was put up by the Edward Hunter, CTO of Parentsware, mentioning me by name and occupation and current work. The post made damaging personal comments. The comments were eventually taken down after I sent several letters to the editor but the comments were potentially very damaging to me and to my career.

I subscribed and paid $12 for 12 issues. I received the first issue and called to cancel that day. I should have received an $11 credit. They only want to give a $9 credit because they say they've printed labels for 3 issues, although I only received one. They are trying to rip me off for $2. Is it really worth it to them, to have an angry customer over $2? I will fight this with my credit card company even if it takes a year and it will cost them a lot more than that, every time an employee has to respond to the credit card company's appeal and inquiry.

Directly after receiving my introductory copy of magazine, paid subscription fee of $12 in June 2014. No further issues were ever sent, and kept receiving statements of non-payment. I've sent two hard copy letters and several email messages containing all documentation from bank bill-pay for which they cashed the check. Last letter I sent (which they've ignored as well), I requested my $12 back since they are unable to fulfill subscription order. NOW I get an email threatening me with collection action as they say I've received several issues... NOT! Wish I could get a message to Steve Forbes regarding the incompetence of staff at his company. I recommend that no one attempt a subscription to this magazine, or you may very well lose your money and still be threatened for more.

Do not be tricked by Forbes' free issue offer. It is a deceptive scam. When clicking the offer, two options are presented: (1) subscribe now and receive a special rate; or (2) just send me a free issue. I chose the second option. I never got the free issue, and I am now receiving bills for something I never ordered. I am supposedly past due on the payment but never agreed to it. It’s a total scam. Beware.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Forbes Magazine?

No one in my family ordered Forbes magazine. We are getting it and is being billed for it. I cannot seem to contact Forbes for anything. I am about ready to hire an attorney to get this resolved.

I received a subscription for their magazine that I would never ask for or read for that matter. I’ve been receiving bills for a year’s subscription with threats that I better pay or I will be "forwarded to our Credit Department."

I received a used razor blade in my magazine. I guess that it was sticking up slightly and when I proceeded to tear open the plastic wrapper -- Voila! -- cut my finger.

Now I am concerned about AIDS. Had my blood tested ... called the police ... post office ... consumer affairs ... Forbes. I'm concerned about the six-month time line with the HIV virus.

Mail rooms of magazines and newspapers are pretty hectic places and it's not unusual to see workers using razor blades to slice tape, plastic wrapping, etc. We'd advise Gina not to be quite so concerned. It's probably harmless.

Forbes Magazine Company Profile