Food and Wine Magazine

Compare Publications

Research top Publications recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I received several unordered books and paid for a few of them even though I did not order them. Then finally last month, I called Food & Wine to cancel this "subscription" that I did not request. They told me they would cancel it immediately. A month later, today, I received another book and invoice. Unacceptable. They need to stop!

Same complaint as the others. They send these hardcover cookbooks that I haven't requested. I broke down and paid for the last one because they were harassing me so much but told the last on the phone to take me off the list. Well 6 months later I've got another one. And there's no return packaging. I'm going to have to mail this darn book back myself to the random PO box on the letter.

Food & Wine Books continue to send me books I did not order and do not want!! We continue to send them back and they continue to bill us!! Someone needs to shut this company down!

Food & Wine continue to send me hard cover books retailing at over $40 that I never asked for. And then, they send me a bill expecting payment or I have to return the book on my dime. I no longer subscribe to the magazine, but this has happened 3 times over the past year. What kind of business model is this?

They send books that I did not ask for (note, I'm no longer a subscriber) and tell me that they are going to charge my card if I don't return it in a specified time.

I have no proof that when I do send this book back that they received it unless I spend $10 dollars for a return receipt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Food and Wine Magazine?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

I bought one book from Food and Wine Magazine several years ago. The offer was crystal clear, that I would never receive another book, or be billed for one, with or without my doing anything (cancelling). Several years later, lo and behold (right near Christmas), I was sent another book and a bill. I called and told them in no uncertain terms, to take my name off their list, and that I was not accepting the book, nor paying for it. They assured me the matter would be resolved. Today, almost five months later, I received a post card, telling me of future books to be sent and billed! Of course I had to call again, but what a scam and waste of my time.

Food and Wine Magazine Company Profile