2. Miscellaneous

Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco

Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.60/5

Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copenhagen?

Original review: July 14, 2020

I recently came on here to talk about the September 20 2020 expiration dates, they are dry and smell like chemical from a pool. Not so good. Been through 4 or 5 cans all the same in 2 days. Don’t dip that much but taking just a dip can from can it’s horrible. Luckily I called and told them. They are giving my money back on debit card but it sucks I can’t dip Cope until they do something about this now dipping stokers. If you have the cans that are bad you can send them to them and they will give your money back. I really didn’t call for the money. I called and told them to check on the batch dates because there is something really wrong with them.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Copenhagen's new dating system has ruined the product. It used to be the sell-by date was about six weeks out., Now it's 3 months. The last two rolls I bought add September dates and it's the beginning of June. The product was dried out and horrible. I dipped Copenhagen for 30 years. Never again!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 3, 2020

30 + years ago I started dipping Cope out of plastic cans while overseas. It was great. Back in the states, it is a cardboard can and I had to be careful that I purchased a can very recently made..No issues and was very moist. Cope then, years later, changed the policy to telling you when it was out of date. Sell by... Well, good luck getting a fresh can. I can’t remember the last fresh can I bought from Cope. Your product has gone to the dogs and I will be switching to something else. Something that has flavor and doesn’t last 3 minutes when you get a pinch. Cope, you should be ashamed and if you don’t fix this problem, I really hope you go bankrupt!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

Updated on 12/27/2019: I hate being lied to. I have been speaking up about the new thinner lids with sharp edges that can and have cut finger tips. They told me to return the lids and they would compensate me by paying me back for 2 rolls at $40 @ roll so 2 x 40 is $80. I just called to check on the $80 dollars. I was told I would not be getting paid back coz I didn't send Copenhagen back just empty cans that had sharp edges. I did what they told me to do. Well it maybe time to go see a lawyer coz my finger tips and nails are all cut up and I hate being lied to. One pissed off **.

Original Review: I have been using Copenhagen for almost 45yrs, I would never think of changing brands. I have put up with prices going up but most of that is state taxes. I am so glad they didn't put it in those stupid plastic cans. Here's my problem. A few months ago I noticed the metal tin lids are a lot thinner and the outer edge is sharp to where when I use my fingernail to cut the paper that I am cutting my fingernail or when I open a can the sharp edge cuts my fingernail. Now most of my fingers have very short nails.

I have made phone calls and it seems like my problem is not getting passed on. They sent me a prepaid card for a roll but they need to fix the problem and told me somebody would call me back. Still waiting and wasting my time. I don't like how they treat a loyal CUSTOMER that has been buying COPENHAGEN SNUFF for almost 45yrs. It may be time to take stronger action that's getting a lawyer so they fix the problem with these thinner sharp lids. If you have noticed thinner lids that are sharp let me hear from you. Thanks.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Is it just me or did the flavor of the Wintergreen change drastically? It almost taste like I sprayed some kind of cleaning supplies into my mouth when I take a pinch. Not only that but they also raised their prices for a worse product.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I purchased a can of long cut and it was so dry it was like saw dust!! I have been trying to contact them and got some ** from India that couldn't speak English. Got disconnected. Called back and now they're sending me a prepaid Visa card for $14. Never dipping Cope again. Switching to Grizzly. Worst customer service and horrible product.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Over the last year or so, I’ve noticed the quality of Cope straight long cut has gone down severely. It’s dry. There’s so many long branch like stems or something now. These things are long, sharp and enough for me to switch to Grizzly. It’s very similar quality to Cope and not 6 bucks a can. Very disappointed as Cope use to be the best a few years back. Very disappointed. It seems elementary for it to be so dry. I’m done with Cope and happy I’m finally switching after this long chewing low quality stuff for expensive. Excited to save a buck and probably chew something better with Grizzly. For those in the same spot, which seems like a ton of people, Grizzly or Longhorn aren’t so expensive but will offer similar quality.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I started dipping Copenhagen in 1980. I could get a can, get a dip out and squeeze juice out of the pinch. It was so fresh I have not been able to do that in a long time. What gives? Your product is so dry now. You can roll it for smoking tobacco. Is this a government idea? Make your products so bad all your loyal customers quit dipping? Along with the price increase from the .47 cents a can I started paying to the 7.50 I have to pay for a can now. I'm sorry but if you can't at least guarantee the freshness (which you used to do) then the government wins. I'll quit dipping.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Updated on 05/02/2019: Sick of the CRAPPY quality of Copenhagen Long Cut Straight, I called them to complain - the phone number is on the can - and they mailed me a prepaid debit card with $35.00 on it. They SWEAR they have not changed the “recipe” ever... I told the gal they must have warehouses full of dry tobacco they are trying to get rid of. She did not comment. I asked to speak to the President of the company or the Manager of Quality Control. They would not put me through. Call them TODAY and ** and get your FREE $35.00 prepaid debit card - they owe that to you.

Original Review: I have been chewing Cope since 1982. That’s 36 years. Several years ago I switched from regular Cope to Cope Long Cut Straight. THE QUALITY IS AT ROCK BOTTOM LIKE NEVER BEFORE. DRY. DRY. DRY. With an expiration date 3 months from now you’d think it would be MOIST (the way it was until the last couple of years). I am sick and tired of giving Copenhagen my hard-earned money for TRASH. Does ANYBODY know of a brand of long cut straight tobacco that’s moist? COPE IS CRAP.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I'm a Canadian that uses Copenhagen snuff. It's 32$ a can. That's 160$ a roll. I understand taxes are high here but if you subtract taxes, you're still charging way too much. 30 cents a gram taxes means 10$ go to tax. So you're charging 22$ a can after taxes subtracted. Why so much?

Copenhagen Smokeless Tobacco Company Information