Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Before I went to AM seminar I did my research and found a lot of bad reviews from people who actually didn't go to the entire process. That is like watching the first 10 minutes of a movie and leave a review about how good or bad the movie is. Since that makes no sense, I decided to try it. I went to my bus tour with my wife on May 2015. By August we had our first property. Then we went to a few other seminars that are offered after the bus tour to get even more tools. We got in debt big time doing that, and it was really scary, but it was the best decision we've made.

I'm writing this post on Jan. 23, 2016 and so far we have flip (buy, rehab, sell) 2 properties, we have another one for sale right now, 2 other properties being remodeled, and we are closing on property #6 next week. In addition we are about to get property #7 in another state since we learned how to create partnerships all over US. All of that without money out of our pocket, except for the money we spent on our education.

For the first time in my life I can see a clear path to becoming a millionaire. All I need to do is flip 2 or 3 properties every month, and that is what we are doing now. I see people complaining about AM hard selling techniques, who cares, you'll get your money back 10 times more. If you are ok getting in debt for a period of 6 month to a year in order to become a millionaire I would say go for it. But do it ONLY if you are going to put the work and follow the system. Don't get in debt if you are not going to put the necessary work to get out of debt. The system really works and it is worth the investment. Hope this help!

I wanted to learn about the program that Armando Montelongo talks about. When I saw his infomercials and read some information on him, it sounded really interesting and promising. He also had a lot of good information. So I got my son with me and we went to the first seminar. We got really into the information they gave us and we thought that we could do it. We continued and kept going to more. We have started flipping some homes already, and it's working for us.

Armando has other people that have joined the program with him. They were either people that had no experience or people that already had businesses like contractors and realtors coming in. He has people talking to us about attorneys, about doing our will and trust. He also got people talking to us about our IRAs. Then there's a class called Asset Protection that talked to us about how to build LLCs and how to get the attorneys in there to get a trust. We have webinars every Tuesday evening and we have a mentor line that we call 24/7. He's got all the information and documents that we need.

Also, they're constantly telling us to go to them if we have any questions, if we're not sure about something, or if we feel like we wanna get into a deal and we're not sure of it. If we work within our group, we can get things done and they're there for us all the time. However, the seminars can be pricey. But when we look at everything that they have to offer, there's a lot of support. Everything that we need to progress is there within that system. Overall, our experience has been very interesting, intense, and motivating.

I was trying to break out of my socio-economic failure but I wasn't mentally ready to be in that new life. And so, I signed up for Armando Seminars. While I've only attended the bus tour in San Diego last year, the seminars have been very encouraging and motivating with very powerful person. Everything they teach is rich information and they're not just speaking out of their booties. However, the cost for the seminar's is too high because I'm kind of broke.

They also gave us a mentor line which we could call anytime. However, a mentor to me is more than "Just call me whenever you want." The mentor's also there to check on me and make sure I'm keeping up with them. And if that aspect was instilled, then that would make everything a bit better. It would have been helpful to have somebody bugging me when getting into a field I don't know, especially when there is high risk and money involved. Right after the tour we were just like, "Here you go. We gave you all the resource, everything you need." Still, they emphasize the family aspect to this business which I liked a lot.

Nevertheless, the Armando seminar helped me mentally. It made me believe that opportunities are around me any second. It's just me that's holding myself back from reaching those opportunities and capitalizing. If Armando seminars become free, I would attend them in the future. I'll recommend it to anybody who has some money. The opportunity there is very impactful and rich.

The seminar of Armando was great. It was very informative. That went very well and I refreshed myself on a lot of the things I had forgotten, so it brought it back to me. I was very much satisfied with the training, however, it was way overpriced. He will get more people if he gets that price down. Especially if you look at the people that are in the industry who are doing the same thing that he is doing. Armando wanted initially $45,000 to get all the stuff and it was nowhere close to that with the other people here are offering. I've looked into so many other seminars and their seminars run at $1,600 and the information was the same. And as a matter of fact, some of these guys even went to Armando's training. So they're basically teaching the same thing at a much lower price.

And I have a dispute right now, I can't seem to get anywhere with it. We put in $9,000 to go on another field trip. But we weren't able to come out with the total amount of money so I requested a refund back on it. The field trips were great, but they're just overpriced and we have maxed ourselves out so much we couldn't get enough to complete the $9,000 we put in to do it. And the individual that was working with us on that, he won't return my calls anymore. So, right now, we're looking at having lost $9,000 in this whole thing, so I stopped referring Armando to people.

I found Armando Montelongo Seminars to be quite informative. I’m not gonna be able to start my business although I already have a name and I'm already established. I wanted to do something like this when I retire which is gonna be in about two years and two months and it's something to keep me busy when I retire. Also, I learned a lot and the one thing I really appreciated was the networking involved when we had the seminars. I met other people from all over the country and even in my area, which is very important in that business. He sometimes has everybody dance and get all hyped up, which is fine. It keeps the energy level up but I could have used a little less of that.

I'm very much involved in real estate and I really enjoyed Armando Montelongo Seminars. Although it's been a while since I had been on one, I got started back in 2008 and I went to a bunch of the seminars. People get the impression that they’re going to this and then money is just gonna start rolling in, but that is definitely not the case. One has to put a lot of work in. It’s the kind of thing where one goes to learn a lot but then there’s a lot of work to do also. It’s not like being handed money. I went through the programs and I have implemented what I have learned through them, continued to keep in touch and followed up with the continuing education that they do. Depending on what’s offered, I'll be attending more in the future. It's definitely worth it but it's also definitely expensive. If it was at a lower price point, it would entice me to participate in more of the smaller trainings that they offer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Armando Montelongo?

I wanted to change and do something with my life. I also didn’t want to work so I signed up with Armando Montelongo Seminars. Diego set us up with the ones that are gonna walk us through the houses like a bus tour guide and on Friday, we all gathered together. We went over a lot of things and on Saturday and Sunday, we went out and walk through properties. It was very exciting and it was something that I wasn’t expecting to be like that. I thought we’re gonna sit there on a desk and be bored but now I know it's very different.

Everybody was happy, excited and with a lot of energy. Looking more into it, I think differently. My parents taught me I'm gonna have to work the rest of my life and I felt like there’s something that I have to do. I want to come to this work, pay bills and die but there’s more to it. My family doesn’t think that way and I don’t want to follow everybody’s steps. I want to do something very different from everybody in my family. I was very pleased and thankful I was shown something very different.

Armando Montelongo made few millionaires but he destroyed a bunch of lives. He destroyed my husband retirement. We lost a lot of money investing with some of his associates. Stay away from these type of seminars. If you want to learn, just buy a bunch of books.

My brother was excited about Armando Montelongo seminars. He heard about it and we thought we’d be a good team because he's a former general contractor and currently a housing inspector, and I was looking to do something for my career. We wanted to know the property, the fixer-uppers, and homes that are being foreclosed, and how to get through it.

There was a lot of dancing, singing, and happiness that went on the seminar. It’s been a lot of hooplas and I enjoyed it but wasn’t into it. They get everybody more comfortable with each other by making a party-like scene and they could have accomplished that in a different setting. It’s fun for the younger generation but the older people have already done their partying and are not that enthusiastic anymore. It was fun to have my brother with me.

Then Armando comes in and does his teaching, which was sort of the educational part. What they have is a phone call and it’s manned by people who are there. We’re given a phone number and if we have questions, we call that number and someone will answer, and those were our mentors. There was also financing available. Then my brother attended the other advanced seminar for the Master class. He said there was less of the fun and more education so he enjoyed it. We learned a lot and we had some friends who paid for us to do the extra classes. My brother and I did really well at finding the information on our own and getting started. It was just being connected with partners.

The people we partnered with were as new as we were. So we were gonna do all the backend stuff like I was gonna gather all the financing together, my brother was gonna be the person who did the fixing of the homes and the people were gonna help to try to get financing for the purchases of the home. But they didn’t turn out to be as well established as they appeared. I was very hopeful because they looked the part and we had great income for both of them, but they weren’t willing to come in.

It would have been nice if Armando connected with people who have already done it and can help us succeed on our first purchases. But it seemed like if we wanted to find the people who have done it, they didn’t want to be part of our transactions. I’d rather rely on just us and our income to get our own loans. But because my brother’s wife was diagnosed with cancer, he had to deal with her recovery and we needed to get back on it. I did this for my brother who was in the industry and it brought him hope. I know who to contact and where to go now.

I would attend another seminar through them. I just don’t like the pricing. My brother and I spent $40,000 and it's so expensive. I’d rather wait until I get my money back. It would be great if they lower the prices, but there’s so much competition with the lower priced homes. We had to keep going higher in our purchase price and flipping houses is a big thing right now, but there’s so much time and effort that we need to put.

I am watching late at night commercial and found one of those free local events. I've always been interested in real estate so I wanted to see what it was all about. I want to learn more about real estate that I don't already know, but I had to see where I'm at. I knew a little about it because I had already bought a house before. Not that that makes me an expert but I wanted to learn more about the process, the industry and itself. I've done a lot of research and real estate's definitely a great way to build wealth. So it was one of those things that made sense and I wanted more info so I took advantage of it.

The first seminar I went to was just a free information. A mini seminar to expose you to what is possible. The sad thing was most people of that age that start motivated didn't take it seriously enough to pursue it in the way that it needs to be pursued. It is a lot of work but it's one of the things that if you pursue it correctly, then it could definitely benefit you hugely. You can't learn that much information in one sitting. It's more like a career. There's no such thing as "get rich quickly" or nothing that requires very little work and has a big payout. Everything requires at least some work and it's a matter of how serious are you going to take it and do you want to be a subject-matter expert, as we call it.

However, it's more expensive than I anticipated, at least the latter half of training. But, I understand from a couple of perspectives why it was. One, he was giving out very valuable information. Two, it's a motivational factor. If you invest that much into it, it pushes you that much more because you don't want it to be all for nothing. I would love to attend any other Armando Montelongo seminars in the future but it's a matter of making it work financially first. My biggest issue was I'm active in military so it's very hard for me to get time off and get away. I follow a lot of rules and regulations so it's more difficult for me than a civilian off the street that doesn't have to ask big brother or daddy for permission to go somewhere.

There's a lot of negative stigma out there, not just his but other companies out there as well, that give him a bad rep because a lot of them don't really teach that well. They don't have much to offer in comparison to what Armando Montelongo does and because they're in the same industry as him, a lot of that negative stigma could automatically be replicated toward him and it shouldn't be. Armando, his company, his entire staff and everything, they work their tail off and definitely help a lot of people. I know a few people personally and his network have done extremely well because of him helping them. Even individually for that matter. He is such a huge influence on a lot of people but he's a genius when it comes to real estate.

Armando Montelongo was at the bus tour seminar. I also saw him at my whole set of training. He even goes to wolf pack groups to teach and help them. He's extremely busy normally but he tries his best to take his time out of his schedule to spend time with his wolf pack, his members and his network. With his business plan and his blueprint, if you would continue down the path that they're going now, he's going to corner the market with his company most likely.

I got a lot of information even on the three-day Armando Montelongo Seminar that I went to. It’s good information but sometimes it’s hard to wrap your brain around it. I think that they should have each student to have a property that they can go through hand-in-hand but sometimes you may not get hold of the mentors the way you want to. The only person that’s available whenever you want to have a talk is Steve. He gives his cell phone number and the others will not do that. He makes it easy. I can reach out to Steve anytime, whether it’s via text or via call. But, he has a way to communicate, he would say, “First text me. Wait for my response and then give me a call if I don’t respond.”

The mentors are good and knowledgeable. However, there are certain things that you just can't do overnight. For example, it’s been two years and my partner and I haven't sold a property yet. Even though they say we can get our Gap funder, it's hard to. When we go out to the bus tours, we're encouraged to communicate with people that we’ve never seen in your life. Some people are naturally gifted to do that but it’s hard when we're talking about networking. All of these are done in such an intense 36 hours thing. This needs a little time, more than 36 hours. They should designate time for the process how to communicate with other Gap funders or with other possible partners in any of the ventures you get into.

There are a few people who can talk and so the attention is always on those people who can talk. They can be the ones that are asking questions because the way they attract you to these things is when they tell you, “You don’t need this experience,.” Then one thinks, “Oh, okay. I don’t need the experience, I can go in and do it.” So, that’s not a fair picture. However, Armando is always willing to improve and teach that’s why whoever he has on staff is very knowledgeable. My beef is once you get a property and the contract, they tell us to make offers. But then sometimes even finding the right realtor is not easy. We’re not taught how to filter realtors and how to talk to them. We’re just told in a 15-minute conversation, “This is how you talk to a realtor.” If we’re paying almost $50,000 for a program, those things need to be worth the money that you spent.

With the bus tour, they have about 500 people in there. I don’t expect them to, but they select the Master Mentor students. In my class, we were about 15 when we did it. So, if I'm paying you another $30 grand to be part of this program, I would wish that they would at least guide us in how to get a contract before we even come in for those meetings to help us get a property under contract. And then we come for that training that they walk us through in how we can work through that deal and get it all settled. And that gives me a boost to go do more have a hands-on experience. I really think that’s important if one’s getting on the Master Mentor level to help. Maybe some people don’t need, but I know myself and my partner needed that. And a lot of the times, a lot of it is fear that I've been holding this back.

We’ve gotten a few properties under contract, but then for whatever reason, it doesn’t work out, or maybe the property needed more work and keeping them at budget prices. We live in Virginia where properties are on the high-end of the prices. We can find Gap funders or hard money lenders, but they got to somehow come up with the 20% of that and that usually comes with the Gap funders.

The courses are only offered at a certain time. There are certain courses that Armando offered only once but he wanted us to get there. It was Market Domination and that was his last course. I haven't even been able to pay down my $50,000 and I would get to pay another $15,000 to learn how to do that. I have a family and I still have to pay at least $1,000 of my income both to credit card payments every month, so I didn’t do it. Initially it’s hyped and painted. It’s a good thing and I'm not going to give up learning it and doing it. But, it’s hyped more than it should be and an honest picture is not painted by those who represent the company when they come to those preview seminars or the first initial meeting that we go to before we go in for the three-day seminar in the area.

Like any company and him wanting to get the feedback, is a good thing. I like the man. He’s honest but sometimes in the event of trying to promote the program and sell the program, it’s overrated and simplified when it’s not. It takes hard work and hard work should be upfront. He is the only one that will talk about hard work during the bus tours. Nobody else talks about the hard work. It’s just made like “Oh, you calculate this. This is how you calculate, this is how you get to the bottom line, this is how you know your profit.” Fine, but how am I supposed to find these properties first of all before I go to the profit calculate? There are some parts that need to be backed up. It could help people accomplish their goals better. I don’t regret the investment but sometimes I do because I can't get ahead. Two years of $50,000 in debt and I'm still trying to figure how to sell.

I was interested in earning a living and saving something. Thinking it will be good for making money, I signed up for an Amando seminar. I only attended the Bachelor one where I learned quite a bit on how to do it. They gave me hope that everything would be all right. The people were very knowledgeable, well-experienced and all very successful. The seminar itself was really good.

But when I came back, I didn't see how the other people were finding houses. I'm finding it difficult to put what I've learned to practice because I don't think you find any suitable houses with the proper amount of profit after ARV. I've been trying my best and haven't found anything. I'm hoping to go for the field. I even went to Virginia last week on business and I looked around there. Then later, I'll also be going to Georgia to look. I am at the moment looking over Gainesville and Orlando too. When I make an offer, they're not accepting it. I'm trying to make it higher. Otherwise, I won't make a profit. I'm hoping something will change soon.

I've been to a different seminar before, but out of curiosity, I signed up with Armando Montelongo. I was trying to see if I could advance my training in real estate. I attended a total of four seminars and they were all very informative. I went through the initial free seminar then I went to a bus tour. I also attended a seminar in Houston for $1,500. After that, I went to California and attended the bus tour, then I went to Master Mentor. I was exhausted after the bus tour but the quality of the seminars were great and I've learned more from them than I've learned from any other seminars I've been to. And the Master Mentor alone kind of blew my mind. I will attend another seminar for sure.

I wanted to do real estate but I didn't know anything about it. I was searching online and saw ads of Armando Montelongo doing seminars. I then attended the three-day seminar in Memphis and after two months, I went to Texas for another three-day seminar. In these seminars, they taught everything about real estate including how to deal and talk with the realtors and what to ask them for, what kind of properties to send, how to talk and make a deal with the contractors and every single thing in the house including its cost.

The quality of the seminar was great. It's a little bit expensive though but it was worth it especially that I was able to use what I've learned from the seminar and my partner and I was able to close on our first house. What we did was put a lower than the asking price or to fix the 5% rule like what Armando taught and it worked. Now, we are making money doing real estate because of Armando's system. It's been a great experience and I would love to attend another seminar in the future.

I was looking to try to invest to make additional income for my household so I signed up for the Armando Montelongo Seminars. I learned some things but in order to learn more to get the value of your money, you have to spend more money. It's also not as easy as it appeared. I only went to one that was in San Antonio. It was about $15,000. I maxed out every credit card, every savings and I even went through my daughter's college fund because I really thought it was a good thing. When I look back on it, it was a bad decision that I made because I should have said, "No, I can't do it right now." You have to spend so much money for airfare, hotel, all that stuff to go to the seminar. They have you all geeked up but then when you exhausted everything, you come back home and you say, "Oh my god, I am literally financially broke."

So I can't afford to go. I invested a lot of money that bankrupted me. It even got worse because it put me in a deep depression until I was in the hospital. Now I got medical bills everywhere. It also almost cost me my marriage. My son wanted to go to a particular high school but he couldn't go to that school because I had exhausted all that money for Armando. My son who's 14 had tried to commit suicide because he really wanted to go to that school. It really put a sad feeling. It's a business that you have to have a lot of money and I'd tell anybody don't invest your life savings. Don't invest all that you have. It's hard to do it when you exhaust everything you worked so hard for over 20 years and you get no return, that was the depressing part.

I work full time but I'm basically underemployed and I was looking for other options so I signed up for the Armando Montelongo Seminars. Although I had never considered house flipping myself, it sounded like it was a good opportunity to get to know more about it and the potential opportunities that would be worth my while. I signed up for a seminar the pastor had at the church and I did a bus tour in Dallas early this year. The seminars were where different people give their experiences. Some have advice on different things about working the business and they give their history. Some were contractors previously that tried to flip homes maybe outside of the Armando system. A lot of them gave some of their points of view from their background, their experiences and maybe some of the things that have helped them to be successful at what they have now within the Armando system.

The bus tour was very different. It felt like when I was a child and we'd do a weekend girl scout trip and were very informative. There's a hands-on application by getting out on the field and getting to try out the things that we learned. It was exhausting but it was a lot of fun. I learned on these seminars the general overview of the process. They gave details as far as the peripheral support with the lawyers and the tax prep and all those other things along with the different resources that are available once I get up and start it. I'm looking forward to do all of that. It's a complete system that's plug into once I can afford to get everything going and it sounds pretty promising.

I had a surgery in February when I came back from the bus tour and I fell off of keeping up with them. Then, someone called earlier this week about a free seminar that's happening in the area next week and I'll be there. It's definitely one thing that I want to get back on track and I plan on having some success before the end of the year. But it's very expensive for me. I have a right income level at this time and I just purchased a house so I have some brand new debt and I had not planned on doing the program. So I really extended myself there. I paid a lot of money and spent a lot of time. It has paid off in the past but for the past many years, it has not. I don't think it has to be as expensive as it is. But on the flip side, I understand that when you give things value, people put in more effort.

I enjoyed the seminar. It was more than I expected and I was happy to be able to network with other people. I've never been a networking person but the way it was set up made people get up and get out their safety zone. It was set up to encourage you to get to know or talk to other people. The whole experience with the Armando seminars is very informative and a lot of fun. It seems like a complete package with all the support that are still on. Overall, it was worth it.

I was looking to earn some extra cash and I was hoping to get some knowledge regarding that so I signed up with Armando Montelongo. I attended one of three seminars of a weekend and another one. The first one wasn’t that bad. They spent more time on it but it was a catch for spending money for the second one. The second one was a waste of money and time. They’re doing games, parties and music most of the day, and they didn’t teach us anything. Everything that I learned, I learned in the first seminar. We purchased a program at the beginning, then they give some DVDs and books and they tell us that there’s going to be support. But when we call support, the only thing they tell us is, “Go to this page of the book and just read it again.” It’s nothing different than reading a book. Overall, Armando Motelongo is a waste of time and I learned not to spend more money on seminars.

I worked in construction and I was making $150,000 a year. The reason why I took the job is because of the good money. I haven't worked for about 10 years and I was doing well. But I didn't want to be in the construction field anymore. I always wanted to do real estate. So when I got laid off I started my journey on real estate and sought information and education. I saw the whole Armando Montelongo course on Facebook and I signed up for the first seminar that was free. It was a great experience. I learned a lot and had lots of fun. They made it very interesting and very informative. I love their program. After that I took it from there and I was hoping to be able to get out of the course with just a full education from there but I haven't gotten into the second course that I was supposed to get into.

My only complaint is I took $10,000 down one of their courses and I was supposed to come up with another $17,500 which I haven't been able to get. I know with a lot of their courses what they do is pair people up. Like if you wanna get into a course for $27,500 and you're willing to pay that they'll let you and another person take it together. I've talked to people personally that put $15,000 and couldn't come up with the rest. Why can't they match my $10,000 with their $15,000 and have us both come up with another $2,500 to take the course? I've been asking them for that. I'm trying to get them to notch me up with somebody since last summer. I sent them messages, I called them, they answered me one time and that was it.

Armando Montelongo Seminars

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We're glad we were able to help you and will take your suggestions as we work to improve our offerings.

All the best in your future endeavors.

-Team Armando

Original review: April 21, 2017

I was interested in investing in real estate so I enrolled to the seminars. Since I knew nothing, I was hoping to learn the business and get some tools that I could use to get started if I wanted to. The first one was the free hour and a half or two where they gave an overview of the business. Then the second one was the weekend where they went into a little more detail explaining some of the concepts and principles. I was a little disappointed in that one. They didn’t seem to want to answer questions for people. This was three years ago and they tried to shut this particular lady down which was rather rude. The questions that she was answering were very reasonable. So that almost made me not wanna participate further. I'm a certified facilitator, therefore, I'm probably more critical than I should be to people who are facilitating sessions. But they were disrespectful.

Then the next one was the bus trip, and that, I didn’t like at all because I'm not a party guy. I went to another one here, the Master Mentor program. That was also a disappointment, again. He does a few things that are good but the price is off the chart. However, there were a couple of things that were noteworthy that I really learned from. One was learning how to estimate rehab cost. That was the most valuable part of that trip but that knowledge wasn’t worth what I paid for. Also, I met potential people to network with which was valuable in that regard. But overall, I was really disappointed in the trip and the cost that I spent for.

I have some experience. I've flipped four or five houses and I've been networking. That same information is available for 75%, which is significantly less. But the seminar has affected me in a positive sense because I wanted to do something that was very different by design. I chose something that was not connected to human resources even if it wasn't on purpose but I was learning. It's helped me learn a new field. I've made a bit of money and lost some, too. But had I waited a year later and spent more time online, I would not have gone to any of the seminars.

I would not attend any more seminars in the future though I would still attend webinars because now they are free to me. But the law of diminishing returns in my learning from Montelongo has set in now because I have the foundation and they're not adding incrementally anything to my knowledge. I tend to use other resources more than his. But he has a fantastic product and if he reduced his price for that, he'd get more people. It made a good foundation for my learning and entry into real estate investing.

I wanted to be able to get hands-on training where I could go through the process of doing it and I thought that Armando Montelongo offered the best option and highest level of training that I needed. I went to a three-hour deal once and I went to a weekend thing once. Then, they have a bus tour and I spent three days with one of his trainers who basically was looking over my shoulders, and I was talking to contractors or realtors. This last one was the best and my favorite seminar, since it's the most hands-on. The two of it were not bad, however, they were all expensive. But I've made money back that I can use to fund my own projects, so it worked. Learning from the seminars was a big key to my success.

I wanted to learn real estate. And when I did some inquiring, I liked Armando Montelongo. I've attended three of their seminars and they've been pretty good. The bus tour was fun too and it was a very good learning experience. We learned how to flip houses and they took us step by step on how to deal for their contractors. It's like any other school. They taught us how to do real estate and that's what I was paying for. People are paying a lot of money for that.

The good thing about Armando is that I didn't pay for the whole course myself. I shared it with my cousin and we each paid half. Armando Montelongo allowed people back then to share the teaching program and didn't really care about the breakdown. I went to the bus tour by myself but my cousin went with his wife so it was three people for the price of one. I hope they keep allowing that because it's easier. In the long run it's going to bring them more business because more people will be attending the courses and they'll be gaining more reviews and people's opinions.

And now, I do real estate and I love it. I never would have gone to that seminar and those courses if I wasn't thinking about taking it seriously. I've also flipped a couple of properties after going to Armando Montelongo. I also wanted to go to do the commercial seminar but they took it off the menu. They're probably going to put it back next year and I'm waiting for that.

They did a seminar in Texas and I went to it. Then I attended the one done in Florida. I flew in on a Thursday. We met up and had an opening thing. We were able to look at the houses on Saturday and Sunday. Before we went out on the first day, they taught us prices for each of the different basic items. They let us do the first house by ourselves and we all had totally different numbers. Armando then went through what his thinking was and how he looked at it, and told us, "Well, this is simple. If you think of the price of the roof, it's about the same as the price of the floor. You just do the same price twice." And that made a lot more sense to us. The next house, we all did better on. The way of teaching was very effective. Classes started on Monday and then more classes on Tuesday, and even more stuff on Wednesday. But I had already left by then.

My experience with the seminars was great. But then, I felt I was lied to. I was told that if I went to the seminar, everything would be taken care of but it wasn't. I was told that there would be investors there ready to go, that there were people who wanted to work with us. But at the end of the day, we were our own investor. We were our own people being sent out, on our own. There were several times when people asked or said something about it and the speaker would say, "Let me get to that later." Of course, he never came back on it.

I had to fight to get the money together to get there. I spent money that I shouldn't have to go there because I was expecting a different outcome, but I didn't get it. It was a very expensive weekend. I had to pay for my own hotel. When I got there, they had 600 people but had rooms for 400. I asked them if I could get a room under my military rate and they said, "We don't give military rates at this hotel." So, I had to go to a hotel about five blocks down the street. There were about 13 people who were either in other hotels or completely on their own dime, where they're not getting the discount in the group rate.

Unless you have an extra $5,000 to throw away and your time to get rid of, it's not a fun weekend. You have to be wearing the right color. Everyday has a theme. And if you wanna be part of the group, you're supposed to adhere and you're gonna be spending money for your outfits to jump around for 10 minutes. And at the end of it, you're even more broke. If you were caught not doing it, they embarrassed you. They called you out. They made people get up and do a Michael Jackson dance. They would find a way to put you on that stage and get up there and dance. It was just crazy the whole way through. You bounce around for 45 minutes and then you'll have a class.

During the seminars, they were talking about all the great stuff that we're supposed to know and how we're supposed to know it. I'm not the best in math, in penmanship, and in writing, and there were some other people that picked it up real fast and they were getting it. But as a group, we were answering the questions when they asked. I did not feel that I was prepared to walk out of the seminar. I felt that I was being thrown back out.

I was told that one of the ways that I could put money back into the investment was to put my money into a retirement which they call as self-directed Roth IRA. They have their banker guy there called Kurt the Shirt. And I was told by Kurt to put the money that I had available to what they called gap funding. And so, I paid him $600 to transfer my money in so we could start doing that and they never transferred my money. I've done absolutely no business, no jobs, no nothing. I would not recommend an Armando Montelongo seminar. They're very good at convincing people to come in, but they made promises they didn't keep.

I did real estate and my son wanted to check it out. Rather than teach him, he and I went to Armando Montelongo. We attended about five seminars and we learned a lot. They're well worth it. I also put my son through all of their seminars and I'd recommend them.

I attended about four Armando Montelongo seminars and they were good. I wanted to flip houses, but found no funds to do it.

I'm an investor on real estate and I wanted to learn a lot more. I attended three seminars at Armando Montelongo and they're all very informative, fun and motivated. I learned a lot of stuff and got pretty much what I wanted from them. They're a great company and I'm really happy with them.

I've always wanted to flip homes and I got an opportunity through Armando Montelongo to do that. I have the know-how to do this. I've always been a hand type person. It was just getting the backing so I can go ahead and acquire the homes and work on them and turn a profit. With the Master Mentor Program that I had, we went and tried to purchase a home but we weren't able to acquire it. He had to do another project and I didn't get the follow through at that. So I was working on my own on that. I landed a deal on a couple of homes but I ran in some trouble getting the funding and so those two failed through.

They developed formulas. It's a formula to help control cost because you can spend too much in a project and exceed the value of the home. Then, you don't see a return and you don't want to run away with a project. Every seminar that I've gone to, either I've been reminded about something I've forgotten or I have learned something new. Also, doing the seminars, you get to meet some of the people and network with them.

We've attended five Armando Montelongo seminars. The first two was to get us entrusted and the last three was actual instruction and information. The cost of the seminars is okay and there was a lot of information but they should also hand out written information that we could review after the seminar. It was good information but it doesn't last. They also introduced us to other programs which involve no money and they didn't check if we're qualified. Also, if people are going to start a program like this, they should make sure to be versed with the computer and follow the information or else they're going to lose the money.

Every seminar I attended was well worth the investment that was required. The settings for all seminars were professional and friendly as well as all of the Armando Montelongo staff. I would highly recommend to anyone looking into real estate investing to attend at least one of Armando's seminars.

All the steps and support to be a success in real estate. The trainers are knowledgeable and patient. There's a lot of information that most people are very unaware of. They help you build a solid foundation to build a successful business.

Armando Montelongo Seminars

First of all, the company would like to apologize for any misunderstanding about the process and timeline for the requested refund. The original transaction went through around 11am on 1/18. The company received the cancellation request a few hours later. The refund was processed normally and 7 business days later, on the morning of 1/27, the refund transaction was sent. While this is within the mandated timeline for refunds, the company is always striving for better and better service. The company appreciates all consumer feedback and will continue to offer the premier real estate investment education should your schedule and availability permit you to reconsider. The opportunities are endless and the upsides to the investment system will make any and all sacrifices you have to make well worth it.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

My husband attended the "free Seminar" in St Louis on Jan 17th. We've been looking into REI and thought it might be best to get some education to avoid some bumps in the road. Of course the free event is to get you to pay for the "classes" that they offer. You get the "Normally this is a $3000 course, but if you sign up today, we're reducing that to $1497." My husband called me and of course made us decide on the spot if we wanted to take the classes or not. So we decided to go ahead and pay for the classes with a signed contract that said we could get our money fully refunded if we did so within 3 days of signing the contract. He signed the contract at about 9 pm on Tuesday evening.

The next day we did our due diligence regarding the company and what they truly had to offer. There is no way we're going to shell out the tens of thousands for the "bus tour" and the classes were offered in Kansas City rather than St Louis – which also created a huge issue for us to leave our son for 3 days. We called around 1 pm WEDNESDAY the 18th and said we're cancelling the agreement and DO NOT CHARGE our card. They proceeded to run the charge THURSDAY the 19th to the tune of $1497! AFTER they were told NOT TO. We've contacted Kyle directly, called the 1-800 number repeatedly, and keep getting the run around on our refund. It's now the 27th – and GUESS WHO HASN'T RECEIVED THEIR MONEY BACK!

I'm a business owner that uses credit card processors. Once your batch closes at the end of the evening, the processor posts all the transactions, and the following day transactions post to your account. It should take no more than 3 days for a credit to post to our account and we're on DAY 10 even after being told "they would expedite our refund for us" due to my husband calling almost daily at this point. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS! Do NOT do business with this company – don't fall for their BS – and don't believe their run around BS answers about how long it takes to issue a refund. My next action will be one THEY WON'T LIKE and I'll be making sure that every social media outlet I have access to will be seeing this post. Now I'll be headed to the bank to file an illegal transaction and considering filing fraud charges. STAY AWAY. RUN AND DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME!

I read Sean's review, the one with the red X, in its entirety. If he had not encountered the "gasser", how would he know the man's name? If he had not been to an event, how would he know the things he mentioned? I have been to these events. Kurt "the shirt" is a real person, believe me. Now for my own review... Firstly, my name isn't Larry, but I am a real person and the following is related to my personal experience with this business venture company. I have to protect myself, as I haven't decided if I'm going to attempt to file a lawsuit like 164 other people that currently are doing so. I'm a 58 year old woman with a good amount of intelligence and don't consider myself gullible.

The people that buy into these type of things are people with hope of not having to worry about their retirement or taking care of their families. When you attend the free event, they give you a taste of what you can do. If you don't know anything about it, you look at it as getting educated. That is the very reason my business partner decided to go forward. They create an urgency and if you "act now" you can get a substantial discount, which in reality, is far less substantial than what you will end up paying.

All in all, they tell you what to do, but not how to do it. At least, not specifically how to do it. You have to fumble through that yourself. If you're training to be a surgeon, they teach you how to do surgery. I have read the positive and the negative reviews here. There is something to be said for the positive feedback, hence my 3 stars. The negative reviews are completely accurate, therefore, the lack of 2 additional stars.

I was at a "bus tour" in 2016 after the 1 day freebie & the $1495 3 day workshop. I didn't pay for it, but went to assist someone else who wanted his money to do something for him. The option he chose, the full package, included 3 separate events, bus tour, asset protection and cash flow. For the money he paid, we thought it should include hotel and travel expenses, both of which are your responsibility. The first event was over $900 just for the hotel. We live in FL and had to travel to CA, then TX. We also thought they might have considered choosing a less expensive hotel for students, who are not yet "millionaires". Even with the Armando discount, it was still expensive for a construction worker. For the TX events, I actually got a better price booking through a third party. Btw, the hotel charged me directly for one of the bookings that was prepaid. I'm still trying to get a refund on that.

Looking at a LOT of the people in the conference room and speaking with some of them at this $149/night hotel, I could see many were similar to us. Regular people with regular jobs not really affording them of luxuries. The bus tour was a lot of hoopla that was meant to get us enthused and keep us that way throughout the entire 4 days. Long nights, early mornings, just like the other reviewer said. There were times I couldn't keep my eyes open and I saw others in the same state. I was a little skeptical but I paid attention. Took lots of notes. Then pictures of the slides because there wasn't time to write it all down. We weren't allowed to take pictures of anything Armando personally wrote on the whiteboard (proprietary information) but it could be written down. When I look at it now, I have no idea what it means. This was the case with each event.

I attended the final one alone. When it was all over, I realized I hadn't gotten any real new information and felt it was just wasted time and of course, the money for accommodations. On top of Armando's "teaching", there were other people I'd refer to as vendors, that got on stage to plug their services as necessary to run and protect our new business venture. We were told to incorporate in NV (included in the full package for the first year), apply for credit cards, ask for increased credit lines on existing cards, sign on to the lawyers services ($1995), CPA services and open IRA's to partner with on the buying end. For someone near retirement age, this made no sense to me, but they told us how it could work. I still don't know how it could work.

The CPA firm offers packages. The lowest cost one of $1995 really only provides a 30 minute phone consultation and the filing of one personal and one business tax return and some other advisory services. We were told early on about the master mentor program, which was limited to those Armando's team hand picked based on their observance of us, the audience. You can't ask to be in the program. When they asked us, we thought we were special, somehow, though I couldn't figure out why. Turns out, everyone in the audience was just as special. They instructed us not to tell anyone we were chosen, otherwise we'd be removed immediately. One woman did talk to others and found out they offered it to everyone. This involved an investment of $27,000 on top of everything else.

Luckily for my partner's bank account, the wire transfer didn't go through. When they threw market domination at us, we were tapped out. Another $10,000 not spent. I could go on, but I won't. In the end, I have been able to find ALL of the education I need at the library in the form of books. FREE. I've since been on a few webinars that opened my eyes quite a bit more to the unnecessariness of this training that was not detailed at all. Sad. As I mentioned, the public library has books on flipping, asset protection, incorporating in NV and others on this subject. You could save a substantial amount by purchasing the books on one of those popular websites. I find the books at the library first. If I like them, I look on those sites and buy it.

Armando Montelongo Seminars Company Profile