4.2/5 (950 ratings)
Get Pricing

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

My husband had just passed away and my children wanted me to have something that would be with me all the time so they got me the Medical Guardian. It took a while to get here and before it got here, I fell out in the yard so I feel better now that I have it. When I first talked to them he said it would be here in 3 days and then the next time I talked to them, he said about a week but it took 2 weeks to get here. Nevertheless, their team called me to be sure that everything was alright and it worked real good. I haven't had much experience with Medical Guardian but the experience with them was good.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2014

I decided to get the Medical Guardian because I once fell and broke my knee, femur and hip. I'm now in a wheelchair. The device is easy to use and comfortable. Their team was good.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

Having the Medical Guardian has been good so far. I've never had to use it though. I'm diabetic and a lung transplant patient. We bought it because I had an episode where I passed out in the front yard. I wear the watch and it's easy to use. I just wish it was cheaper. The technology is good and it's very convenient. Overall, I'm very satisfied.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

The Medical Guardian has been working okay, but I do need to push it and test it. I got it because I fall real easy. I have got a cane and use it most of the time and I'm just wobbly. I feel better with it. I keep it around my neck. I haven't had any need to use it but I feel more at ease with it. My nieces and nephews are more happy since I've got it as they don't live close to me. They feel better with me having it. I called them when I first got it and verified that it was working. The team from Medical Guardian knew what they were talking about. The ordering process was quick. The customer service team is good. I had no problem with them. I'm very satisfied with my experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

I had been using another medical advice but I like the idea where I can take it away from the house, when I go shopping or something. I wear the Medical Guardian device around my neck and keep it there. When I go out, then I take the other part with me. I've been okay with it and the people there do help a lot. It's been a very good experience.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2014

I was very disappointed that the device got its feed from AT&T. They have very poor connection service in my area and do not provide good customer service.

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback. You sound like the perfect candidate for our Classic Guardian, which is one of our system options that does not work off of the AT&T cellular network. It only requires a landline, and will ensure your safety and protection 24/7.

Please understand as well that when you are a client of Medical Guardian, you will only ever deal with our very own in-house Client Services specialists, and never that of another company's. Excellent customer service is something we pride ourselves on!

In the meantime, I have passed along your information and one of our Client Services specialists will be in touch with you over the next 24-48 hours to discuss the Classic Guardian option for you.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I feel that there are not enough customer service reps. It takes over five or six minutes before there is an answer. Last night I had a problem and try to get a hold of customer service. It was a Sunday night, and I just got tired of hanging on. But information I have states that there is no customer help on weekends or nights. This is unacceptable. I would appreciate a response from you. Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter.

Hi there Marcia,

Thank you for your feedback.

Our average wait time to speak with a Client Services specialist is less than two minutes, so it sounds to me like it was a busy night for system activation! Prompt and attentive customer service is something that we really pride ourselves on.

For future reference, our Client Services department is available 7 days a week! Their hours are 9AM - 9PM (EST) Mondays through Fridays, and 9AM - 5PM (EST) on Saturdays and Sundays.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I'm 83 years old and live by myself in the country quite a few ways from the city, and I do not have a car so I don't drive by myself. My husband passed away, so I figured I needed this added security. Now I'm more independent because I go outside an awful lot and I have the security of having the wristband and I know that somebody will come if I have to use it. I feel secure with it. When I go out, I put the wristband on and keep it with me. And at night when I go to bed, I keep it right by my bed because I have a tendency to touch it and I don't want to sound the alarm. The customer service team is very friendly and alerts me to make sure that I'm doing it right. They're very good with it. Overall, it's great. I had no problem at all. I got the necklace first and it disturbed me some and I called and switched to the wristwatch. They sent it right away. The device has been very helpful to me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

My family lives in Savage, I am retired and live at my lake cabin by myself in the summer. I have had some bouts where I lose my balance and fall. Nothing serious....but my family worries about me being here by myself. We got a Medical Guardian a few months ago and my family has greater peace of mind. While going through the "testing" process (and an accidental alarm), I found that the phone answering staff was extremely courteous, thorough and helpful. I hope I never have a urgent need to use it, but it is comforting to know that help is a push button away. I highly recommend your product!! Thanks.

Hi Digger,

Thanks for your feedback. We love knowing that we're able to provide our clients with such great peace of mind!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2014

I lost my husband, I’m living by myself and I’m 70 years old. I needed a medical alert device for peace of mind. I read about Medical Guardian in the mail and decided to call them. It’s comfortable and easy to use. I haven’t had to use it or call for help. It’s just been here.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

I never actively had to use the medical alert but each time we activated the alarm in test mode the response was quick, professional and courteous.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

I've only used Medical Guardian once and that was when I pressed the button by mistake. I bought it because I'm 90 years old, have Parkinson's Disease and I live alone. I haven't taken it off since I got it and it's no bother. can go about my business. It was very easy to get set up and assemble. My neighbor did the ordering for me and it seemed simple. It's excellent.

Medical Guardian response

Hi William, thanks so much for sharing your story! We're very happy to hear that you're so pleased with your Medical Guardian system.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2014

Joseph had fallen a couple of times so he needed a medical alert service. He is so happy to have Medical Guardian. He hasn't had any issues since he had it, but he is using it. He has gone away a couple of times overnight and has taken it with him. The Guardian team was very very helpful and gave us good direction when we called them. I will call them next week when Joseph switches location to Florida for six months. It would be easier if he could do it online.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

Just received and just activated but the reps were very helpful and I really like the fact it covers me at home and at large, on the road, shopping etc with the GPS system. Well pleased so far. Hope I never need it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

I find it easy to use. Thank heavens I have not had to use it. But you never know an accident or medical assistance will occur. I wear the button around 24/7 without any discomfort. When you have osteoporosis, you need something for reassurance everyday and everywhere.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

I am stumbling and falling a few times so we purchased the Medical Guardian. With it I feel a little more confident and safer when I'm here by myself. When I'm walking, I'll take it with me. Also when I'm here at night by myself, if anyone tries to break in, I can just push the button and that makes me feel better. I was out of town and my daughter was here and that was when I pushed the button and they got no response so they called my number which was good because I wasn't here and they asked if I wanted them to come out to check. I said, "no I'll just call my daughter." I like that if I needed to send someone, they would have come. My mother had used one before and it was really good for her. I'm very happy and it's a unique machine. I like it.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

I had a quintuple bypass so I needed a medical alert device. Since using Medical Guardian, I became more confident. I do my normal lifestyle and go out. I have the button. I haven't used it and I hope it works.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

My husband's 98-yr-old grandmother lives on her own about 2 1/2 miles from us. She's accidentally hit her button a couple of times and was able to respond to let them know it was a false alarm. The one time she could not respond we were notified and an ambulance service was dispatched. Thank God she was okay but she was upstairs & couldn't hear the operator trying to talk to her. The only thing I would change about this system is that there should be a second monitor for another area of the house.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

My Father and Mother have been independent most of their 90 years. When I bought the system, they turned up their noses. I had a shower installed for them instead of a tub, the plumber while he was working saw they were not wearing the watches, he told them to put them on and keep them on. They has not stopped wearing them.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I am 81 years old... I have some problems... I am very active...I do take a lot of drugs For pain. I HAVE arthritis and fibromyalgia. MY balance is not great sometimes. I plan on hooking up the medical ALERT soon. I am on my way to lessons in the pool. I LOVE IT .......

Hi there Mary,

So glad to hear that you've taken the first step towards protecting yourself with Medical Guardian! I STRONGLY encourage you to finish up the activation, as it is extremely important to ensure that your system is fully functional should an emergency occur.

I've passed along your information to our Client Services team, and one of our specialists will be in touch with you within the next 24-48 hours to help you finish up the activation of your system.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I received 3 calls requesting the data on a sheet, which I had filled out and mailed back, the day I received it. Apparently, my file was on a wrong pile to be answered.

Hi Meta,

This sounds to me like your paperwork must have crossed paths with our Client Services' list of follow-ups. So sorry for any confusion that this may have caused, but at least you now know that we certainly do our due diligence in making sure that all of your account and emergency contact information is fully correct and updated!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

My mother ordered and paid for my Medical Guardian. The technology is fine but we haven’t had to use it yet and we’re not even wearing the necklaces as we should be. I had surgery on my back on Tuesday and I should be wearing it because I could fall really easy. So my mother tries not to leave me alone because if I do fall, then I will be incapable of unless I'm near my bed. I like the necklaces but I need to find out if they are waterproof so I can take it in the shower.

Medical Guardian response

Hi Lorna, I'm glad that you and your mother are feeling comforted by the Medical Guardian service. I want you to know that the necklaces and wristbands are both waterproof, and both can be worn in the shower. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I was a little apprehensive about the set-up wondering if I might set it off or not understand the directions. It was so easy due in a great part of the rep helping me do it. I wish I knew her name - she was very efficient, friendly and made me feel at ease.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I had delayed delivery issues. Also you need to tell people that your billing starts the day the item is shipped, not when you activate it.

Medical Guardian response

Thanks for your feedback, Debbie. Sorry to hear there may have been any confusion with the delivery/billing process for you. If there's anything else we can do to help you feel better about your Medical Guardian service please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I'm 85 years old, have a heart condition, a pacemaker, and a spinal stenosis peripheral neuropathy. I had lost my wife and been living all alone for almost 5 years so my children have been bugging me for years to get a medical alert device. I finally said, "Yeah, I need something," and got the Medical Guardian alert system. It definitely meets my needs right now because I do have to have something in the event of an emergency. Although I'm living with my son now I would be alone most of the time because he's on stay at the hospital every single day. But I make sure that I have the mobile unit with me at all times and I wear it constantly around my neck. Otherwise what's the point of having it?

Twice I got called and I confirmed the signal did come here. It obviously was a mistake, I'm fine. I gave them my name to confirm that they're talking to the right person. The only thing I find is that mobile unit has to be charged almost every day. It seems like an awful short charge period but if you don't leave it on there's no sense in having it. Other than that, I find my experience satisfactory. The ordering process was easy. I had no problems with that at all. The customer service team, I haven't really used them to any extent except a very short period but the time I did call, my call was very professionally handled and they were very friendly.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I'm more confident knowing that no matter where I am, Medical Guardian can find me through the GPS system. It makes me feel comfortable to know I can be traced.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

We received good information during our first contact with Medical Guardian and decided to obtain the Mobile Guardian setup for an elderly grandmother. She is easily confused by technology, but can easily operate the home, wrist, and necklace devices. This gives the family comfort, knowing she can easily call for help if needed, and allows her to live independently. The only improvement we'd like would be a volume control on the home device. It is not loud enough to be heard throughout the house, although the operator can pickup her voice.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I decided NOT to go ahead with my order of last Friday, the 31st of Oct. I emailed my agent Guy ** who said call customer service, which I did, and they assured me the order was cancelled. The next thing I see is 34.95 deducted from my checking account. Question: Was the necklace shipped? It will be refused and come back to you. When does my $34.95 get refunded back to my account. Not the way to make a good first impression on a possible future customer. Believe me I think that possibility does not longer exist.

Hi there Richard,

Thank you for your feedback, and we are very sorry to hear that you've decided against protecting yourself with Medical Guardian.

I've passed along your billing concerns, and one of our Client Services specialists will be in touch with you over the next 24-48 hours to help you resolve this issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

It was my mother's idea for me to get a medical alert system because when my husband travels and If I have a fall she was concerned about me breaking bones because I am thin. I researched all of the companies and found that Medical Guardian was voted #1. When I called to inquire about the system I spoke to a very positive, knowledgeable person who directed me to the right product for me. I received it in 2 days, followed the instructions for set up which was very easy. I then tested the unit and tested it again a week later. I was then contacted to see if I was satisfied which I really appreciated. So I would recommend Medical Guardian to anyone who is alone and would like the security of this monitoring system.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

Excellent customer care, so easy to join, receive almost immediate care. My father feels so much more secure, which makes us secure AND happy.

Medical Guardian Company Information