2. Medical Alert Systems

4.2/5 (934 ratings)
Get Pricing
Call Now Toll Free

About Medical Guardian

Medical Guardian offers medical alert devices and monitoring services. You can choose from a range of devices for at-home and on-the-go use. Its products include mobile devices, home-based systems and a medical alert smartwatch. Medical Guardian offers fall detection as an add-on for every system it sells except the Freedom 2.0 smartwatch, which hasn’t been released at the time of publishing.

Pros

• Month-to-month contracts available
    • Transparent pricing
    • Fall detection available
    • Companion app

Cons

• Upfront fees on some packages
    • No free trial period

Bottom Line

Medical Guardian systems connect to a monitoring center that can send help 24/7. You can get a price break if you opt into an annual billing cycle, but upfront fees are required for some products, such as the Mini Guardian.

Medical Guardian Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Medical Guardian?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

My mother ordered and paid for my Medical Guardian. The technology is fine but we haven’t had to use it yet and we’re not even wearing the necklaces as we should be. I had surgery on my back on Tuesday and I should be wearing it because I could fall really easy. So my mother tries not to leave me alone because if I do fall, then I will be incapable of unless I'm near my bed. I like the necklaces but I need to find out if they are waterproof so I can take it in the shower.

Medical Guardian response

Hi Lorna, I'm glad that you and your mother are feeling comforted by the Medical Guardian service. I want you to know that the necklaces and wristbands are both waterproof, and both can be worn in the shower. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I was a little apprehensive about the set-up wondering if I might set it off or not understand the directions. It was so easy due in a great part of the rep helping me do it. I wish I knew her name - she was very efficient, friendly and made me feel at ease.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I had delayed delivery issues. Also you need to tell people that your billing starts the day the item is shipped, not when you activate it.

Medical Guardian response

Thanks for your feedback, Debbie. Sorry to hear there may have been any confusion with the delivery/billing process for you. If there's anything else we can do to help you feel better about your Medical Guardian service please let us know.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I'm 85 years old, have a heart condition, a pacemaker, and a spinal stenosis peripheral neuropathy. I had lost my wife and been living all alone for almost 5 years so my children have been bugging me for years to get a medical alert device. I finally said, "Yeah, I need something," and got the Medical Guardian alert system. It definitely meets my needs right now because I do have to have something in the event of an emergency. Although I'm living with my son now I would be alone most of the time because he's on stay at the hospital every single day. But I make sure that I have the mobile unit with me at all times and I wear it constantly around my neck. Otherwise what's the point of having it?

Twice I got called and I confirmed the signal did come here. It obviously was a mistake, I'm fine. I gave them my name to confirm that they're talking to the right person. The only thing I find is that mobile unit has to be charged almost every day. It seems like an awful short charge period but if you don't leave it on there's no sense in having it. Other than that, I find my experience satisfactory. The ordering process was easy. I had no problems with that at all. The customer service team, I haven't really used them to any extent except a very short period but the time I did call, my call was very professionally handled and they were very friendly.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I'm more confident knowing that no matter where I am, Medical Guardian can find me through the GPS system. It makes me feel comfortable to know I can be traced.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

We received good information during our first contact with Medical Guardian and decided to obtain the Mobile Guardian setup for an elderly grandmother. She is easily confused by technology, but can easily operate the home, wrist, and necklace devices. This gives the family comfort, knowing she can easily call for help if needed, and allows her to live independently. The only improvement we'd like would be a volume control on the home device. It is not loud enough to be heard throughout the house, although the operator can pickup her voice.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

I decided NOT to go ahead with my order of last Friday, the 31st of Oct. I emailed my agent Guy ** who said call customer service, which I did, and they assured me the order was cancelled. The next thing I see is 34.95 deducted from my checking account. Question: Was the necklace shipped? It will be refused and come back to you. When does my $34.95 get refunded back to my account. Not the way to make a good first impression on a possible future customer. Believe me I think that possibility does not longer exist.

Hi there Richard,

Thank you for your feedback, and we are very sorry to hear that you've decided against protecting yourself with Medical Guardian.

I've passed along your billing concerns, and one of our Client Services specialists will be in touch with you over the next 24-48 hours to help you resolve this issue.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

It was my mother's idea for me to get a medical alert system because when my husband travels and If I have a fall she was concerned about me breaking bones because I am thin. I researched all of the companies and found that Medical Guardian was voted #1. When I called to inquire about the system I spoke to a very positive, knowledgeable person who directed me to the right product for me. I received it in 2 days, followed the instructions for set up which was very easy. I then tested the unit and tested it again a week later. I was then contacted to see if I was satisfied which I really appreciated. So I would recommend Medical Guardian to anyone who is alone and would like the security of this monitoring system.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2014

Excellent customer care, so easy to join, receive almost immediate care. My father feels so much more secure, which makes us secure AND happy.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I followed The set up Guidelines today and called the 800 number. I was put on hold then told to leave my # and someone would call me back with in an hour. 90 minutes later I called them back and did talk to a rep. We did the set up and then did a test. It worked just fine but, If you were in real trouble forget it. They were very slow to answer. (More than a minute) Oh the first call to the set up dept. was never returned. The staff (When I got them on the line) was very helpful but the respond time was slow. If you have a real emergency call 911. This is a good back up system when you do not need a $1,500 ambulance ride and worth peace of mind. I think it's a good value. Yes, I would give it 3 stars.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I bought this for my husband in preparation for when he comes home from the rehab center. I've had the system for over a week when I was more or less forced to activate it. Well, my husband is still not home, but my cat playfully knocked the pendant off the shelf one night and immediately I received a phone call from Rapid Response to confirm if everything was fine or not. I reassured him that all was fine. No one fell, and I was hiding the pendant until my husband gets home to make use of it. I'm happy to say the system works! Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I spoke on behalf of my father, Elwood **, when I ordered a Medical Guardian alert system. At the time of ordering, the sales person assured me he would have sent a wristband version of the device. When the device arrived, the version was a pendant. Still, we went ahead with conducting a test of the equipment and, at that time, I explained to the operator with whom I spoke that we had not received the wristband version as had been promised. She assured me that a wristband device would be sent out. MORE IMPORTANTLY, during the test, our wait time was over two minutes--my father can do better than that just using his cell phone. THIS IS NOT AT ALL LIKE THE SERVICE PROMISED IN YOUR ADS. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

Hi Leah,

Thank you for your feedback. First and foremost, we apologize for sending the wrong emergency button to your father! I'm confident in that he's received the new, correct button by now however.

As far as the Monitoring Center wait times go, however, experiencing a longer connection time is normal for the very first time the system connects with our Emergency Monitoring center. This is why the initial test during activation is so, so very important. Once the Medical Guardian system has been fully activated (which your father's is at this time), I can assure you that you will never, ever wait that long to connect with an operator.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I checked on-line when searching for a system to protect me as I live alone, and often go bike riding, long distances. I then called 5 or 6 of the medical alert companies that I found and spoke to their representatives... asking the same questions of each. Where they were located... did they outsource their call center, if so, where. I refuse to do business with any company that uses call centers outside the USA. Then I inquired about the GPS, the range, & last the cost. I then chose Medical Guardian as having the best answers.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

My mom started falling a lot and she refused to let me order the Medical Guardian for her, saying it was for old people (she's 73.). Then she fell outside after visiting a doctor and was in a remote area, unable to get up. She had to call 911 for assistance. I didn't ask again, I just ordered the system and brought it to her house and set it up. She is SO thankful. She feels more confident knowing that assistance is just a push button away. Thanks for providing such a great service!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I've had a very pleasant experience with Medical Guardian. Everyone has been polite, informative, and professional. I would recommend them to my friends.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2014

I'm using Medical Guardian because I had a fall recently. I tripped and fell and hurt my knee. I just turned 90 and don't have the stability that I used to have in walking and doing things. Also a couple of weeks later, I fell out of bed and landed on the same knee and really wrecked it. My family wanted me to have something if I should fall. I'm glad to have it and I feel more secure. It seems to be very good because I had to activate it and I also pressed it to find out if it was working when I first got it and it all seems to be in good order. I'm wearing the necklace. The watch was too heavy for me because my wrists are thin. They need to make different sized watches. I can always tuck the necklace inside my shirt. Although I'm wondering - there's a black string that came with it. Would I be able to wash that without getting the button itself wet?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

My mother-in-law tried to call, tried to use it and couldn't get anybody to respond. She is 78. She's immobile and falls a lot. What happened was she fell and when she fell, she mashed the button that's on her necklace. She was lying probably about 3 feet from the machine. She kept hollering for the guy to hear that she fell and nobody ever answered or responded to her. So she called me and I had to go there because she couldn't get anybody to respond. It's only after we get there that they finally responded and I said it's time... finally, to be responding. So we're not happy at all with Medical Guardian. On top of that we've been waiting now for about 9 days for the technical support to give us a callback. When I called the guy, he said he was on his way into the office, that he would give me a call as soon as he got there. I haven't heard from him since.

Hi Tina,

Thanks for your feedback, and I am very, very sorry to hear about your negative experience. I've passed your contact information along, and will have one of our Client Services specialists reach out to you within the next few hours.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2014

The Medical Guardian is wonderful. I accidentally hit it with my fickle finger of fate and called them but didn't need them so I right away righted that but it has made us feel so much more secure. After just hitting it twice a little bit with my finger, they were there and that was wonderful. We got the medical alert device because my husband is 96 and I'm 84 and I ended up with a broken hip last year. I was in the hospital for 7 months. I got out but not as stable as I was, and I figured we needed it. We're on walkers when we need to be any distance and that's working out fine, but you're not always ready for things that you don't know are going to happen and we both feel better with Medical Guardian

The necklace is fine all day because it's in between the breasts but at night I take it off and put it right beside me on the bed stand because I'm afraid I would yank it off. My husband keeps it on his wrist all the time and we're in different bedrooms so that makes a difference to that all the more we need it.

Hi Louise,

We're so happy to hear that both you and your hip are doing well! We love to hear that we've been able to provide families with the peace of mind in knowing that help is just the push of a button away. Thank you for sharing your story!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2014

I needed a medical alert device due to falling down. But I won’t start Medical Guardian again till next month. I haven’t got it turned on - just had it cut, set off for a couple of months. I wear the bracelet on my arm, though it’s not the one I wanted because I’m allergic to brass. They got the one that’s got a clip on it, like a belt buckle, but I want an elastic one that I can stretch over my hand. I didn’t get it yet.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

My son got me the Medical Guardian alert device. I feel more secure when I have it with me when I leave the house. Everyone that sees me with it would ask me, "What is that?" and I’d tell them.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2014

I've only had Medical Guardian for less than a month. They're very nice. They answer my questions and everything. They sent someone out here the other day on a false alarm and they do contact me when something happens.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

We've only been using Medical Guardian for two weeks and so far it seems to be working fine.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2014

I had lung disease that led to a neuropathy that took away my ability to walk. I'm happy to say that I'm slowly getting my ability to walk back. I left the hospital and the rehab center after 52 days and came home. My family was concerned about when I was going to be home alone even for an hour. They were worried so eventually, we got the Medical Guardian. The ordering process went smoothly. For the most part, my husband did all of that and he didn't seem to have any trouble with it. They seemed to have a quick response on getting back to us.

I've never had to use it in an emergency situation, but I do feel safe knowing that it will work when I do have to use it. I feel safer. It has allowed me and my family more freedom to move about. It performs really well. I wear it all the time and it's very easy to use. I've done the testing a number of times and they make it very easy for me to understand when I called for testing.

Hi Janice,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us—we're so happy to hear that you're on the road to recovery, and that Medical Guardian can be there to help out along the way. Best wishes!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2014

I've had three back operations and I have to walk with a cane and I fell a lot and me being here at the house by myself during the day, we decided to go ahead and get a Medical Guardian for my safety and my husband's frame of mind. I haven’t actually had to use it, thank God, but I wear it everyday. I mainly use the one with the clip. I clip it on my waistband because I'm in and out a lot and I don't stay home too much but I wanted something that I could have with me if I got in my car and went somewhere. When I get in the shower, however, I'll wear my wristband. So far, it's been okay. I'm very satisfied with it. I'm very thankful that I have it. I feel safe at home and in my car. And I know that if I need help, I'll get it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

My mother is 90 years old and she'd had several admissions to the hospital and had a fall at home. Since she started using Medical Guardian, there's a little less stress and some sense of a little bit of security when I'm not with her. In the beginning she was a little nervous because it's technology. At 90, she's not used to technology. But she's gotten very used to wearing it and I keep the bracelet in the bathroom for her so that if something should happen to her when she's in the bathroom and she doesn't have the necklace on, she has the bracelet available. She's never had to use it so thank God.

I did a lot of research online about Medical Guardian and they came highly recommended. My experience has been really good. And in fact, just recently, I moved the monitor and her into my home. That changeover was real smooth and I didn't feel like we lost any coverage because of doing that. So that was good. It's also quite user-friendly. As far as just performing the task and when I first hooked it up, communicating with them and everything was really quite simple. They were professional, kind and understanding of the situation and they responded quickly to my request.

Hi Katherine,

Thank you so much for sharing your story—we are very happy to hear that we've been able to provide peace of mind to both you and your family!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2014

Medical Guardian worked the way it's supposed to. They responded by contacting medical people, and they came to my house. But the advertising is wrong. They only advertise it as a thing you wear around your neck, but there's the other little thing that needs to be charged every night so I reminded them that it takes three pieces and not just one. But I'd recommend them.

Medical Guardian Company Information