Call toll free
4.58/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, a feature that is unprecedented in our industry.

Contact them today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $20 a month! Their representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1383 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

We thought that my husband needed a medical alert device if he fell. But he doesn't have the LifeStation device now since he's not out by himself and so he doesn't need it anymore. But when he had it, he accidentally set it off many times. Also, he had an emergency once when he fell backwards, but the device did not go off. That happened in a parking lot and the lady next to us saw it, so she called the paramedics and they came. Other than that, the LifeStation device was okay when he had it.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

After my husband died, I’m here by myself and my kids don’t live really close. I had fallen a time or two and I thought it was time I had a LifeStation. I test it every month and my interaction with their team has been very good. I feel a lot safer now that I can call somebody if I fall and I’m not able to get up. I feel like somebody’s right here at hand. I recommended LifeStation.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

My dad lives alone, he uses a walker and he has an orthopedic boot. We were always afraid he would fall. I ordered the LifeStation for him and we have had no problems with it. When we called to do tests, there were no issues at all.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

My husband passed away in January and being out here alone, the kids thought that I should have a medical alert device. I got the LifeStation last April of 2018 and in the beginning, I was wearing it at night. But I was having trouble with it around my neck, so my son fixed it for my wrist. I wore it during the night again but one morning, I must have rolled on it and it woke me up at about 8:00 o’clock. I answered the phone and it was their rep who said that my alarm had gone off.

Then one time, when I was outside pulling weeds, it went off. But there was nothing around except weeds and I couldn't have hit it against anything. I can’t even imagine how it would have gone off while I was just in the yard pulling weeds. My son even called an ambulance because the device couldn't get me. I was too far away and I didn't hear the phone in the house. In the end, I called 911 and they were just getting ready to send somebody. So at least nobody came out. But everything went the way it should. At another time, I hit the device on the washer when it was on the bar in my kitchen. So it seems to go off easily and I felt bad because my kids were being notified and they’d be calling. I was getting tired of it but they said that at least they know that the LifeStation works. The last month has been okay though because I haven’t been wearing it. I have it in my walker bag and that's with me all the time. Then I just put it on my nightstand at night.

Other than that, everybody at LifeStation has been very nice. The people that answered and asked if I needed help were super and everything went the way it should. My neighbor across the street who’s older than me also had a LifeStation before me and when he was having a heart attack, the device was wonderful for him. He called then they sent an ambulance out right away and everything was fine. So if somebody wants the service, I would recommend it. Plus, the LifeStation makes my kids feel better, so I keep it.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My mother is 90 and she fell at the time, so we looked into getting a medical alert device for her and the LifeStation device was what we had. When I was messing with it, I accidentally pressed the button and set the alarm off. But we didn't really care for it. I thought it was more like a cellphone and she could just press a button and talk into a little thing from her neck if she was out in the yard and fell. But the device was in the kitchen and she wouldn’t be able to hear the LifeStation team and they wouldn’t be able to hear her either unless she was near the kitchen so I didn’t see the point. The device was great, but it didn’t make any sense to me that you had to be within shouting range of it. It would be perfect if you live in a small apartment, but my mother lives in an average, Grade 2 house. We only had the device for a month and the reps were great when we called to return it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

My mother was having health issues and getting the LifeStation made sense. She didn't like the idea that she had to have it but we felt that it was necessary for her to be able to summon help as she needed it. We found it assuring that she had it. When we tested the button, the response was immediate. We had the service for less than a year and LifeStation did everything it was supposed to. But we got to the point where we didn't need the system anymore and therefore, we sent it back.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I’m here a lot by myself. I got myself a LifeStation and I’ve had it for about four months now. It's good to have and I like it. Also, when I tested the button, it was a quick response.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

My father has been falling off lately. He is 88 years old. When I checked out the top five medical alert device reviews, LifeStation seemed like the best way to go. So far, he needed it once, but he wasn't wearing it at that time. He then fell a couple more times, so he wears the device constantly now. LifeStation is a good deal and it's necessary at times. It’s a good thing to have.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I had a joint replacement surgery and I got a medical alert device in case I fall. It's not very often that I wear my LifeStation device. But everything hurts if you get old. It's good to know you have something. One time, I accidentally pushed the button but I immediately said that I didn't mean to push it and the rep was very nice.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I am getting up in age and I’m home alone all day. My wife and kids felt like I needed this kind of backup and they were hounding me. Now my sense of security is much better with the LifeStation system. The only complaint I have is that the equipment is almost too sensitive. Although that’s better than being the other way, there have been times when I’ve been setting it down in the charger and it goes off. It’s an inconvenience because then I have to talk to the guy or gal who calls me. Nevertheless, they’re great and they do a good job.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

My husband had a stroke and he’s paralyzed on one side so he’s in a wheelchair. There are times when I have to go to the doctor or the grocery store and I don’t take him, so I needed something where in case something should come up, he could get help. We purchased a medical alert device from LifeStation which I put around his neck as it’s easier for him that way. We've accidentally hit the button a couple of times and they esponded. They're very courteous and sweet about it. Since having the device, I have peace of mind. My husband feels better too knowing that he's a just a push of a button.

The only complaint I have is the button, especially on the necklace. I've set it off on the wrist when I was getting my husband out of bed. The button sticks up instead of down so it’s easy to set it off and not know about it. One day the police showed up and I didn’t know what was going on, and I had set the device off. I had leaned forward and it touched something and I put pressure on it. I was outside when I’d done it, so I didn’t hear the deal inside the house. Even so, us being on a fixed income, this device is perfect. I checked in on other brands and for the same thing that LifeStation does, the others are way too expensive.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

A dear friend of mine had a medical alert device, and she died, and she didn't have it. And when she passed away, I realized that I have to have one like she did. I got one from LifeStation. I'm unsteady on my feet. I'm almost totally unable to walk now, and I'm in a wheelchair. My LifeStation makes me feel safe. I was very afraid because a friend of mine fell and passed away not too long ago, and I keep thinking it could be me. I'm very satisfied with my LifeStation.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Every time I push the LifeStation button to see if it works, it works. I bumped a few things and it got off and the response time was almost instant. It was around three seconds. LifeStation then asked me what was going and I told them and that was the end of the conversation. They don’t call me and they don’t bug me. My LifeStation works fine.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

My daughter got me a LifeStation device. She thought it would be good if I had one here. I set the device off accidentally a couple of times. The emergency called me right back and I told them that it was just an accidental bump that set it off. If you had any health problems it would be a good idea to have one.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

I've had this service for about a year already and it has saved me several times. I fall a lot, and I had to call emergency services three times already because of that. They picked me up off the floor. I had two massive strokes 12 years ago. I had trouble with my balance. The fire department is awesome and they usually call within four minutes. So, I'm really happy with the job from that department. The LifeStation reps are friendly and they give good information. They help me out big time. Knowing that they are there gives a comforting feeling. I'm impressed with the service and the promptness -- everything about it. I'd recommend it, and I guarantee that it will work for anybody.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I live alone and I’m 81 so I got a medical alert device. I went on the internet and LifeStation has the best in price that I could find. I got the one that reaches 50 feet from my house. I have been satisfied with it. It’s been working good for me. I have set it off accidentally several times. I wear the device around the neck and I have to be careful because I have set it off through trying to open a can. Other than that it makes me feel very safe. When I set it off, normally, my neighbors will call me since their numbers are on there. And then the alert people will call me. I normally tell my neighbors that I have no problem and sometimes they’ll call back. They check on me very quickly.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

LifeStation was a lot cheaper than what I was paying for my previous medical alert service so I switched and I’m very pleased with it. LifeStation gives me a sense of security that if there’s an emergency, I can press the button and get help. I don’t wanna have to use it but it's a bill that I don't mind paying. I would recommend LifeStation.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I'm disabled so I got a medical alert device. The response time of LifeStation is very good. The only thing I don't understand, is that I cannot talk through the device I wear around my neck. I thought I could talk from it. The base is in my other bedroom. So if my door is close, how would they hear me? Nevertheless, I feel secure having the device.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I went online and requested a brochure be mailed to my Mom and reluctantly provided my phone number on the request form. I got a phone call within minutes of submitting the request from LifeStation. I told the customer service rep that I had all the information I needed and was planning to make a purchase later but he keep insisting I let him enter my name and other information in their system for "a pricing discount". After I declined to do so he persisted in trying to get my information. After 5 "no" answers I had to hang up on this jerk. These guys are no different than Life Alert, they will badger you for anything they can get.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I live alone and I didn’t have very much company. So, if something happens, I would’ve been there for a while. I saw an advertisement for LifeStation and I used them for a few months only since I moved from Colorado to Iowa. It was very short but they were great. When I accidentally hit the button, they were all very nice. I felt a lot better having it and as soon as I get with a doctor here, I’m gonna use them again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

When I had to press the button of my LifeStation device, I had somebody there right away. I have already used it twice because of an emergency. I'm glad I have this device and I would recommend it to a friend.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I got the LifeStation since I live alone and I needed a medical alert device. It doesn’t bother me when I wear it and I feel safer having it. I would recommend it overall.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I'm in my 70s and live alone, and have lots of stairs in my house. My son prompted me to get LifeStation because he worries if I slip on the stairs. We called and tested it to make sure it worked and the reps I spoke with were polite and professional. The medical alert is just a precaution and security. If I get in the shower, I don’t worry about what happens if I fall. I always wear it and I think it's doing its job. I have talked to people on using LifeStation for not feeling like they're isolated in case something happens.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

My husband was having frequent falls and I wanted him to be able to call and get help if I or someone should not be right in the house. But there was an emergency that LifeStation never answered and my husband was disturbed about that because he pushed the button. I was just in the other room but I didn't hear him calling me. Finally, he had to take out his cellphone and call me. When I reached out to LifeStation, they said that it takes a while to get to you. That wasn't a good answer. Also, his button goes off a lot on accident. Sometimes, it does. Sometimes, it doesn't. And a lot of times, I've had to call and spend 45 minutes trying to get them to reset it.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

My mom kept falling so I got her the LifeStation pendant that she could wear around her neck. Just 6 days after receiving it, she fell and hit her head in the middle of the night. She was bleeding badly and could not get up. She was able to push the button and they sent the paramedics to her home within minutes. The ER doctor said she fell because her blood pressure was so low (46/22) and he said she would have likely died had she not gotten to the ER when she did. She is in the ICU now and doing much better.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I was in the hospital, and my children thought I should have a medical alert device. When I tested my LifeStation device like I was supposed to, the people that were supposed to be alerted, were alerted and were calling me. The response time was quick. They really followed up on it. My children are glad that I have the device. I also feel if I needed someone that I have that.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I'm getting ready to turn 74 and I live alone. I came close to slipping and falling in the bathtub so, I said that if I hurt myself, I gotta get somebody here to help me. I searched online for a medical alert device and LifeStation came up. It seemed a good option as I needed something that I don’t have to plug into a landline. When I got it, I charged it so I could call and make sure I have communication with their people. It worked fine and their team seemed to be professional. However, the device I got is a refurbished one and the lanyard that goes around my neck and which is put together on the end kept falling out down my shirt so I tied a knot in it. So far, LifeStation makes me feel a bit more at ease, especially at home.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I had fallen and I feel safer since using LifeStation. I'd recommend it.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

My husband was afraid that if I fall, I couldn’t get up. He thought the LifeStation device would be best for me, so he took it. One day, I fell twice in an hour. I used the device and their response time was fine. I also went to the hospital the second time. I had a severe bladder infection and they kept me in for seven days. Having a LifeStation makes me feel a little bit safer. I have arthritis really bad in my feet and I have a walker, so I had a physical therapist come out from Beaumont. She taught me how to walk better and I'm doing better. But I know if I need the LifeStation team, they’re there. They've been very nice to me and I’d recommend them.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

My mother-in-law falls a lot and so we had to get her another medical alert device. We went with LifeStation as they had better technology and thus far, things went well when she needed it for an emergency. LifeStation's team helped us get the ambulance out to her. We feel safer with the device.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

Pay as little as $1 per day for a traditional, in-home medical alert system or a mobile with GPS option. All plans come with 24/7 monitoring and customer service to ensure quick response times.

• Lifestyle solutions: Choose between in-home and mobile GPS monitoring to better suit you or your loved one’s lifestyle. Automatic fall detection can also be added to your plan.

• No long-term contract: Receive service on your terms, and end it when you need to.

• Free shipping: Have your device shipped directly to your home for free.

• 30-Day money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with your device, you can return the equipment within 30 days of purchase to receive a refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information

1976
2 Stahuber Avenue
Union
NJ
866-235-1920
www.lifestation.com
Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.