Call toll free
4.54/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

LifeStation knows that it's hard to choose the best medical alert device. Their mission is to ensure that anyone looking for a medical alert device will be well equipped with all the information they need to make an informed decision. They are a leader in the industry with a 5-DAY GPS BATTERY LIFE and a 30-DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE. Recently, LifeStation rolled out an exclusive feature named “Find My Loved One”, a feature that is unprecedented in our industry.

Contact them today to see how you can get a medical alert device for you or a loved one for less than $20 a month! Their representatives are available 24/7 to help answer your questions about this important decision.

LifeStation Gallery (5)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1421 LifeStation Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 5, 2019

The LifeStation medical alert device gives me peace of mind that somebody can reach me if I needed them.

Get expert buying tips about Medical Alert Systems delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 29, 2019

I am a senior, I live alone and then they are monitoring on a yearly basis with an echocardiogram my aortic valve and any other problems that I have here living alone. I thought it would be a lot better just to click the device to get help, so I got a medical alert device. I know you could always ring 911 for help, but I just thought this is, hopefully, a lot faster and quicker. I just feel a little safer that I got this device around my neck for almost 24 hours a day, but then it would be nice to have the device a little bit lighter.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I’ve had a stroke and although I can manage on my own, I'm always afraid of what would happen if I fell and I couldn’t get up, or if my heart started acting up. Right now, my sister has gone to help another lady and I am home alone. So, it’s nice to know the LifeStation is here if I need it and I wish it would work when I’m away from it. I've recommended it to someone else.

Original review: March 27, 2019

LifeStation told me I wasn't gonna be charged for the next month, and then they charged me for the next month. So, technically one foot doesn't know what the other foot is doing at the company. It ended up that I had to call them back and they got rid of the charges. They said that employee was not supposed to have said that. I didn't need to be following up. But somewhat I feel more at peace that my mother has the device. She used it once and the response time was fine.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I've had the LifeStation medical alert since last summer. My daughter got it for me because I'm alone. I wear it around my neck. It has gone off a few times with various things, and I was not happy with it. It's super sensitive with no reason. I would get a call from their main station to see if everything was okay. They would put out an alert. But the one time that I fell, the device didn't go off. And I actually needed it. My granddaughter came into the room shortly after, and she helped me get up to my feet. For what is being paid on the device per month, I would be better off with using a phone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LifeStation?

Original review: March 25, 2019

I got a flu and I ended up having a welfare check because I wasn't answering the door. I was really sick. I got LifeStation and I've had it for two years. I got it for the price, as I am on a limited income. I have used this device in many things. I've had a stroke and other health issues. When I have to have EMS come out, I just push the button, and they responded quickly. Lifestation is pretty easy.

Original review: March 24, 2019

I had an attack in March 2018 and I got a life alert device from LifeStation. Since then, I've had excellent experiences with their reps when I push the button accidentally. They’re just superior people and I trust them. I wear the device around my neck and put it on charge near my bed at night. With it, I have a measure of security that if something happens, I can press the button and I'd have assistance from first responders immediately.

Original review: March 23, 2019

When I hit the button accidentally, the representatives from Lifestation were very nice. I got the device because my husband was travelling a lot and I was home alone. But I sent the device back since my husband's home now. If I needed one again, I’d get the same one.

Original review: March 22, 2019

My son got Lifestation, and I've got one. He thinks we should have them. It went off once here, and they called me, and I don't know what had set it off. And then one time, when we got home from somewhere, my son-in-law called. They'd called him and an ambulance had been here, to both apartments. That time, we went to the veterinary with Nicky’s cat. And I think he leaned over a chair to get the cat, and maybe he pushed it. Then, we went out and didn't hear it go off. But Lifestation does perfectly good in handling the situation. I would recommend LifeStation.

Original review: March 21, 2019

My husband got a LifeStation medical alert device but I sent it back as he was not using that anymore. He quit having the passing out episodes. The company never followed up so they never acknowledged that they got the device back. Still, customer service was good when setting up.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I had a fall so I got a LifeStation device. I've had it for a couple of years now. It's a thing hanging around my neck and it's not heavy. You wouldn't even know you have it.

Original review: March 17, 2019

My children were worried about me because I live alone. I got LifeStation and since then, my sense of security has been a little bit better. I know that I can get ahold of somebody if I need to. I'm satisfied with it. When I check in and when I check my bill, I talk to their reps and they are professional.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I worry about leaving the house and leaving the elderly people there. They couldn't use the telephone. The LifeStation medical alert has lessened the worries and there is more independence. While I still worry when I leave the house, it's comforting to know there's the ability for the elderly people in the house to call for help.

Original review: March 14, 2019

My husband got my LifeStation for me. If something happens, somebody will be alerted so I feel much better with it. I have tested the button inadvertently and the response that was provided to me was very quick. I’ve been satisfied with LifeStation, so I have no reason to change. I’m happy with what I have and I’d recommend it.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My friend is a real good candidate to fall down and injure himself because he’s using a walker on cobblestone streets. It’s a terrible situation. He's 89 years old and he gets out everyday. He catches buses and travels around Seattle, which is very hilly. I think I made him get the medical alert device for my own good feelings. He didn’t feel he needed the advice. But I got the device so I feel better. I looked at three other guys and LifeStation looked like they were a reasonable operation. When he first he got it, he was always bumping it and LifeStation was calling him up and asking me if he was okay. LifeStation does follow up and I’m satisfied.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My daughters picked out LifeStation for me and I'm really satisfied with it. I have it around my neck and I sometimes dropped it too fast on the table or I leaned on it and it went off, and I got a response right away. Sometimes I think it is a bother, but I wear it to protect myself, for safety. LifeStation gives you more trust and confidence in what you are doing that you know that when it is necessary, you'd have help. I am 94 and I belong to a dance club, and I tell my friends to take something like LifeStation too.

Original review: March 11, 2019

My children thought I should have a medical alert because I have problems with my legs and I live alone in my own home. I go upstairs every day about 10 times and back down again. I do my washing in the cellar and I come up the stairs with a basket. I was getting very wobbly and they were worried. I had used the AARP Magazine and there were a couple I called, and I picked LifeStation. I called them and they didn’t pressure me, and they were a little cheaper than the other ones. The only thing I didn’t like was the $5 extra a month for insurance.

I hang my clothes outside and I have a new way of doing it. I just open the window and the clothesline is right there. A couple of times, I'd press on the windowsill and the thing went off. The calls were answered and the people I spoke with were fine. When I go out with my son or daughters, I'd leave that little thing home. I don’t like to wear that when I'm out because they're there to take care of me. But most of the time, I keep it on. It was a little long and I didn’t like it hanging down so long. I'm kind of short so I put a couple of little knots in it. So far, I haven't had to use it which is a good thing.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My daughters prompted me to get LifeStation. They live out-of-state and would be more comfortable if I had one. When I accidentally pushed the button, LifeStation's response time was great. I wear it on my wrist and having it makes me feel better. I’m glad that it’s available and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I’m 84 years old. I have a problem walking and walk with a walker. I needed a medical alert device and got a LifeStation. However, in the beginning, I was having a problem with it because people were taking too long to answer. But lately, the response time has been excellent and the communication with the agent has been very good. However, I’m a little concerned if it would respond if I fall because I was told it depends on how I fall.

Original review: March 6, 2019

We have trouble with the LifeStation equipment constantly. The alarm would go off when I was just sitting down doing nothing, and that happened about five times. They thought maybe the battery was bad but it wasn’t. And about three times, the thing that I wore on my wrist wouldn’t work. I felt it was a waste of money. We called LifeStation and told them that we wanted to cancel, and we’re sending the equipment back this week. The representatives from LifeStation were wonderful. They were really helpful and friendly. They really tried to address the situation and tried to make it better, but they never got it solved. I am also not pleased with the armband. It is big and bulky. I also suggest trying to make the equipment base a little smaller, so that it would fit on a bedside table. It doesn’t fit really well on a bedside table and it takes up most of the room.

Original review: March 5, 2019

LifeStation is one of the best. My sister-in-law was checking into LifeStation for me because I was in rehab and I didn’t have a phone to call her in, and she didn’t want me to come home without one. I feel better having my LifeStation because that first time I fell here, I laid on the floor 18 hours before I ever got any help. My sister-in-law was gonna take me to the doctor, and my leg gave way and I gradually went down. I couldn’t get back up. We needed the paramedics to do it. I just pressed the button, and the rep called them for me. She was right on the line and she was very nice. She was quick, and they got the paramedics here quickly.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I'm doing fine with my LifeStation device. I have it around my neck, and it has gone off about three different times for no reason. One time it went off, and they were at the door. We didn't know what in the world was going on and they said it had gone off. We were in another room and none of us heard it. But other than having a few false alarms, it works great. I live in a condo with my friend and his wife, and we're six floors up. I had fallen a few times in the past and broke some bones. They chose LifeStation for me. And if I would fall, LifeStation would alert them and 911, so it makes me feel really secure with it.

Original review: March 3, 2019

My mother-in-law who lives with is 96 and she walks outside no matter what the weather is. We go to basketball games periodically and we're out of the house, so we wanted something that would get a hold of us in case something happens. I looked on the Internet for medical alert and I got one. I was gonna sign up with that, but LifeStation was over and above the same thing we wanted and it was cheaper so we went with LifeStation instead. My mother-in-law had set off the alert a couple times by mistake and we got calls. Fortunately, I was the first one on the list so I was contacted and I told them that I was here when the alert went off and that there's nothing wrong. So far, LifeStation does what it says it does and so many things.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I read some reviews on a few security device and I always was brought back to LifeStation from the reviews of what people had said. I liked what LifeStation offered. Their support system was in United States and the pricing was fair. My mother had a couple of false alarms and the interaction with them was fine. It was exactly as they explained it to me when I was setting up the account. We were notified by text and by phone when an event occurred even by her mistake of leaning into a counter while she was cleaning dishes. The pendant was a little too low, which we ended up adjusting so it wouldn’t set off a false alarm again. My mother had an episode and she was taken to the hospital. Thank God, she had the life alert. She's now in assisted living, so she does not need anything like that now but I would highly recommend LifeStation.

Original review: March 1, 2019

I recommend LifeStation highly because I’m alone here and it’s very easy to take a fall and slip. When I came home from the nursing home, I was afraid to fall again because I had had my third fall. I was alone and although the neighbors were all close to me and I hollered, nobody answered except for that woman way up on the other end. I also have COPD so I felt like I needed something besides that other machine I had. It just took me maybe 50 feet. But this one, I can go anywhere with it. There was also one time that I got a call back and it surprised me because I didn’t even know I had pushed it. I had fallen asleep one nice night and it rolled under me somewhere and I kicked it off. But I like LifeStation. I also feel a lot safer going out now.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I have frequent falls, so I thought it’d be best to have a medical alert around in case I need to have someone to call so I purchased a LifeStation. I wear the device around my neck and it is very comfortable for me. I feel secure and if I have any emergency, I just have to click a button and I’m taken care of. There was an instance when I needed to call them and they responded very swiftly, and the emergency team were fast about coming out to help. So, everything worked out well.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I've been having seizures. I got LifeStation and it's been doing real good. It's comfortable. I've been setting it off accidentally by leaning up against stuff and I like the people that’s been giving me a call and making sure I'm okay.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I am diabetic and I've got nerve neuropathy in my feet and hands. Also, I fall when I’m off balance. So, I got a medical alert device. They put the Life Station alert device around your neck, so I don’t usually wear it all the time, but I do that most of the time when my husband is away. I have hit the help button two or three times, but I got no response out of it. I had to call the LifeStation office to find out what was going on and the issue was handled well because they came back in no time. I would tell people that it's a good idea to get a Life Station alert device.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had LifeStation before but I sent it back because I didn't need it. Then I signed up with MedAssist and they wanted me to have one so I signed back on. I really like the medical alert device. Somebody came out when I fell on the floor in a summer afternoon and I couldn't get back up because of my knees so it was good to have it. I've used it twice for an emergency and LifeStation was very prompt, courteous and efficient. I was very pleased. The only thing was that I had to shorten the cord because it was way too long. When I'm out in the kitchen getting this and that, the cord is swinging around and whacking on things, and the device goes off accidentally so I did that. Also, my bed is right by where I put the device so that I don’t flick it off accidentally while I’m laying on it. If someone is considering getting a LifeStation, I'd tell to go ahead and get it. You’ll be glad you did.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I've had my LifeStation device for about two years and right now, it’s sitting on my little table next to my chair. It's within reach if I need it. I had a stroke and I needed something that would allow me to sit around and can call help. That was the reason I got it. I accidentally pressed the device once but I got it shut off real quickly and when they contacted me, I told them it was an accident.

LifeStation expert review by Shelley Webb

Pay as little as $1 per day for a traditional, in-home medical alert system or a mobile with GPS option. All plans come with 24/7 monitoring and customer service to ensure quick response times.

• Lifestyle solutions: Choose between in-home and mobile GPS monitoring to better suit you or your loved one’s lifestyle. Automatic fall detection can also be added to your plan.

• No long-term contract: Receive service on your terms, and end it when you need to.

• Free shipping: Have your device shipped directly to your home for free.

• 30-Day money-back guarantee: If you’re not satisfied with your device, you can return the equipment within 30 days of purchase to receive a refund.

Profile picture of Shelley Webb
Shelley Webb Senior Products Contributing Editor

Shelley Webb is a registered nurse, geriatric care manager and freelance writer who concentrates on the subjects of eldercare and health.

LifeStation questions and answers

What is LifeStation?
LifeStation is a leading provider of medical alert systems and houses its own state-of-the-art monitoring center. We provide seniors and their caregivers with the peace of mind that in the event of a fall or other at-home emergency, help is available at the push of a button.
How does a LifeStation medical alert system work?
If you are in need of assistance, simply press your waterproof help button (worn either as a neck pendant or wristband). You will be instantly connected to a certified LifeStation Care Specialist. Our LifeStation system includes two-way voice capability that allows you to communicate with our Care Specialists from virtually anywhere in your home. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet, which should provide coverage throughout most homes.

After speaking with our highly trained Care Specialist, we will provide you with the help you need. In the event that you are unable to speak, our Care Specialist will immediately follow your personalized emergency action plan, contacting emergency services, friends, and family in the order you requested.
Does LifeStation require a traditional phone line?
No, we offer a standalone unit that works off of a cellular network. Of course, we also have a system that works through a traditional phone line.
My mom still goes out to the grocery store. Do you have anything that can protect her outside of the house?
Absolutely. LifeStation offers a Mobile with GPS device that works anywhere mom goes. She can speak directly into the pendant in the event of an emergency and care specialists can locate her via GPS if needed. Automatic Fall Detection is also an available feature for this device.
What are some of the features of a LifeStation medical alert system?
Our LifeStation units can work through a traditional phone line or cellular network. Each system is equipped with two-way voice capability. The pendant has a range of up to 1,000 feet and is completely waterproof. In the event of a power outage, LifeStation has a built-in battery that provides up to 32 hours of standby power. Your help button has a battery life of up to 4 years.
Do you provide accessories to go along with the LifeStation system?
We provide several accessories to go along with your LifeStation. One of which is a Lock Box that will allow caregivers and emergency responders quick access into your home when help is needed and you are unable to answer the door. For times when you take off your help button pendant, Bathroom & Hallway Buttons are an easy way to ensure your safety. Simply place the buttons on the walls of your bathroom, bedroom, or any additional location where a fall may be likely.

For customers that are always on-the-go, a Mobile Emergency Button will allow you to contact emergency services with the push of a button even when away from home. Finally, in the event that you fall and are unable to press your help button, we offer a Fall Detection Pendant. By using change of speed and motion to determine if a fall has occurred, our Fall Detection Pendant will automatically reach out to our monitoring center.
Does LifeStation outsource their calls?
No. Here at LifeStation, everything is handled in-house. We neither outsource our customer service nor our emergency calls. This allows us to provide one of the fastest response times in the industry. We also offer a higher quality service since all of our Care Specialists are highly trained LifeStation employees.
Is LifeStation UL Listed?
Absolutely. LifeStation both owns and operates its own UL Listed monitoring center and equipment.

For over 100 years, Underwriters Laboratories has been setting safety and reliability standards for products and services that impact millions of Americans. We have exceeded these standards with a state-of-the-art monitoring facility and extremely reliable equipment.
What is LifeStation’s rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Due to our unwavering commitment to our customers, we have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
What other certifications does LifeStation have?
Besides being UL Listed and having an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, we have also earned the prestigious Five Diamond Certification with the Central Station Alarm Association. The CSAA Five Diamond Program is a balanced certification program that focuses on a commitment to strict security standards, high levels of customer service, and ongoing job-related education for all central station operators. Our highly trained Care Specialists have met or exceeded CSAA’s stringent standards by taking part in extensive training and performance reviews. This ensures that each LifeStation customer will receive the highest level of care and privacy.
Does the system work anywhere in the United States?
What system repair/replacement service is provided with the LifeStation medical alert system?
Our equipment is constantly being monitored. In the event there is an issue with your equipment, we receive a notification and alert the user or someone on their contact list. LifeStation is responsible for all replacement of faulty equipment, including battery replacements. There is no extra cost for this.
What are your customer service hours?
You can contact us at any time at 877-833-2020. Our dedicated customer service team is available 24/7, including holidays.
How much does your service cost?
Your cost is as low as 85 cents per day. If you choose to pay quarterly or annually, you will receive even greater discounts.
Is there a long-term contract with this service?
No, we have no contracts. You can enjoy our service on a month-to-month basis and cancel at any time without penalty.
Are there any installation fees?
Absolutely not. We have no additional fees or fine print. We don’t even charge tax!
I want a LifeStation for my mom and dad who live together. Do I pay two monitoring fees?
No. You simply pay one monitoring fee plus an additional $3.99 per month for the extra help button.
What are my billing options and payment methods?
You can choose to pay LifeStation monthly, quarterly, or annually. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) is also available for your convenience.
What if I’m not absolutely happy with LifeStation?
If you’re not happy, we do not want you to keep it. LifeStation allows you to cancel service at any time with 30 days notice.
How does LifeStation measure success?
LifeStation is focused on giving peace of mind to our customers and their caregivers by providing exceptional customer service and superior monitoring. We succeed when we make our customers feel safe and secure.
What’s the most common misconception consumers have about the medical alert industry?
Most consumers believe they don’t need a medical alert system because they’ve never had an emergency before. It is our belief that it is better to have a system and never use it than needing it and not having one. Much like the insurance industry, you are paying for a service that you hope to never use, but it gives you the comfort of knowing you have it.
How has your industry changed in the last 5 to 10 years?
With advances in technology, the industry now offers medical alert systems that use cellular networks, GPS, and Fall Detection - all of which LifeStation offers.
What is something you wish every consumer knew about LifeStation?
LifeStation owns and operates the most technologically superior monitoring center in the United States, while offering the best service and most competitive pricing in the industry.

LifeStation Company Information