2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (638 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About BlueStar SeniorTech

BlueStar SeniorTech is a veteran-owned company that offers telehealth services and technology for seniors. Available devices include monitored alert systems, fall detection, memory aids, medication tools and more. There are no contracts or trial periods, and some equipment may require an upfront cost for purchase. BlueStar SeniorTech sells third-party solutions in some cases, so you may be directed to another site to find what you're looking for.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• No contracts
    • Shower-safe
    • Easy setup

Cons

• No free trial period
    • Some upfront equipment costs

Bottom Line

BlueStar SeniorTech is a veteran-owned business with a range of quality products for senior safety, health and wellness. There’s no free trial period, but the company gives you a prorated refund if you cancel.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

BlueStar SeniorTech Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar SeniorTech?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar SeniorTech?

Original review: April 10, 2017

We tried several different systems and found BlueStar HonorCare the most agreeable for us. However, I'd certainly like a white cord instead of a black one to wear under my summer clothing. But BlueStar is okay and we would recommend them.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I’m going to be 80 years old and I’m alone a lot that’s why I decided to get BlueStar. Right now, I’m staying with my daughter but normally, I live alone and everything by myself. I travel by myself and I just wanted to make sure that if I was in a hard spot, I could get help. I don’t want to be out there by myself. But so far, I haven’t had to use it and that’s good. Their people were very, very helpful and concerned. They stayed with me through it all and called me when I didn’t do what I was supposed to do, and it just was very nice.

Original review: April 8, 2017

So far, BlueStar HonorCare has been fantastic. The battery has run down twice or three times now then I've got a call saying "Your battery is low" so I go charge it. I call it my dear assistant button but I haven't had any need to push the button yet. I wear it around my neck and I wish it wasn't so fat. I usually wear T-shirts or pull-over shirts and I put it under my shirt so people don't see it and ask questions but it balls out in the front anyway. Maybe it could be something that could be worn on the wrist instead of around the neck.

Original review: April 8, 2017

The salesman said the BlueStar Admiral Protect model would be the best one to get because it’s GPS. It’s a plus that it’s not a cellphone because we have such sporadic cellphone service in our area. The price was also good and I liked the idea that whatever they earn goes to the veterans. I also got it for my wife’s peace of mind. I have the potential for falling so she’s afraid that I will fall when she’s not home. I fell before when I was putting up the Christmas lights, but I was able to get up on my own. I usually don’t wear it when she’s home. She works four days a week so I put it on. Sometimes I wear it even all the way up to bedtime before I take it off even though she’s home. I know the device is working because the other day, I was doing some work in the kitchen and I was laying up against it and I set it off. The dispatch called and said, “Are you having an emergency?” I said, “No. I was just laying on it.”

I had some little problem with the BlueStar team at the beginning but they all took care of it. They sent me the Ranger instead of the Admiral. It was a mix-up in the communication. In two days, I sent the Ranger back. The charger also didn’t work, so they sent me another charger and I sent that one back. The sales manager or CEO of sales called me personally. He gave me his personal phone number and on the charger problem, he gave us two months free service.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I liked the presentation of BlueStar and I’m pleased with it. I’m 88 years old and I had an episode over a year ago. I got one at that time but I passed out and if my daughter hadn’t been here, I don’t know what I would have done. It was only right here in the house. And I was going up to Maryland and different places and spending some time. It wasn’t any good there. I feel safer with one cause I’m home all day by myself and all. I live with my granddaughter and her family and they’re here most evenings. The only thing is the strings came all the way down to my belly button. The man tried to find a shorter one and they didn’t have it.

The BlueStar team is very nice and knowledgeable. Everything that I asked about, they had answers for it. But I’ve had two advertisements coming up on it. First time it did it, I couldn’t imagine. And then I realized it was coming from my device. It was coming from Disney, telling me that I could come down there for so many days or whatever. And then I called them and told them and they said they’d been having this problem with others. Then I had it one more time. That’s a different advertisement that was coming in, wanting me to buy something. But I haven’t had it now for several weeks now. When it goes off it was so loud and I was afraid to wear it out cause I was going to therapy in different places and afraid it would go off but it hasn’t. But overall I’m satisfied with BlueStar Ranger and I would recommend it.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I’ve fallen a few times and when I fell I didn’t know I was sick. So we decided that I needed to have a call button just in case that it would happen again. My brother’s a veteran and that I could be part of Bluestar. He’s the one who set the alert device up and got it. I tripped over my feet and fell down the last time. I was trying to get around my cat without disturbing it. I didn’t know if my brother was home or not from his vacation so I used the button and I feel good about the service. They responded in seconds.

Original review: April 6, 2017

The Ranger Medical alert from BlueStar was necessary since I fall quite often. It was the lesser model from what they have since I didn't quite need the stuff that the other model has. It was easy to set up and they were really nice and explained everything well to me. Also, I wanted to stick with it because my husband is a veteran and it's run by veterans. It's a well put-together company and I'd definitely tell anybody considering getting something like this to go with BlueStar.

No response received
    Original review: April 5, 2017

My mama uses BlueStar and carries it all day. We had an emergency once but nobody answered so we had to call 911. I'm lucky I see my mama in the afternoon and I saw her on the floor. So, then I went and picked her up myself. But I was busy with my mom in the hospital to let BlueStar know about the medical device not working. I understand things can happen. Maybe the battery’s not good or my mama pushed it wrong.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I had another medical alert system before but I never had to use it, and I didn’t like it so I sent it back. Now, I have a BlueStar Veterans and it's fine. I haven't had to use it yet but I'm sure it will function well. If anybody needs a medical alert, BlueStar is a good one.

Original review: April 4, 2017

I trust BlueStar HonorCare, they were the first ones that called me and I said, “Okay, well, why not?” When I accidentally pushed the button, they were prompt and responsive.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I was looking for a medical alert device and I got BlueStar's ad through the mail. I called them and the guy I talked to during the program set up helped me a lot and explained things to me. There's this time when I was looking for a service but I didn't find one. But if I did, I didn't know I found one. Also, my grandchildren take the device off the charger quite a bit. The only thing I have trouble with is I can't get my lockbox opened so I could put the key in it. I use the passwords that I set for it, but it's not working. But other than that, I am very satisfied with it and I would recommend them.

Original review: April 3, 2017

I like my BlueStar. But they sent me a new alert device because the other one didn't wanna work. I put it on the charger for two days, but it didn't charge at all. Then I plugged it in through the emergency one into the wall and it didn't work either. So when they called me to find out what was wrong, I told them what was going on. I never bothered them because I like it and I don't wanna lose it so I need it to work. Then the new one they sent, if the blue and green light is blinking and I put it on the charger, it turns red. And I can't get the SOS through it. Nobody calls me back. I did everything the paper told me to do, but it doesn't wanna work. But I haven't called BlueStar yet because I have given the device a chance to see what's wrong with it. And I put it in my purse so I could take it with me every day.

Original review: April 2, 2017

BlueStar was quick to respond in the past. I've accidentally hit the button before, and it came on and said, “What is your emergency?” I said that I must have hit it on my sleep 'cause I have it around my neck. They called me at 6:00 in the morning and said that that was good had I really had an emergency. However, the one time that I needed them, I wasn't really happy. I fell and pushed the button but it was about 10 minutes before anybody came on the intercom. I called my son, who lives on the same street with his girlfriend, and he got down here and was here when BlueStar answered me.

That worries me because I just found out I have three leaky valves in my heart. I've had two heart attacks last March and had angioplasty for some blockage. Exactly a week later, I had another heart attack with 100% blockage. I found out I have another valve at 40% blockage and they found a mass in my abdomen which I'm going to get an MRI of. I know I need to get some exercise but I'm so tired and I'm trying to move back to Charleston. I have to do it by myself but I can't lift anything because I had surgeries on both shoulders and on my left wrist. I broke bones in it and then they did surgery and put plate and screws in my arm. I was in a cast for two weeks. I was also in the splint for almost two months and have just gotten out of them.

BlueStar's probably doing more than it should. But I need to talk to somebody there on how I'd know when the device is charged because I don't understand the website and the blue button on the charger. I would like to receive something in the mail or something telling me the instructions on how to work it because I don't know what my son did to the box.

Original review: April 2, 2017

I had fallen a few times so I looked into getting a medical alert device. I chose the Ranger model from BlueStar because it reacted wherever I was, even out of town. I've had accidental things where I had pushed the button somehow and it wasn't too long that BlueStar called or reacted to it. They've been wonderful. Also, once when I was in Florida, they got a hold of me because of the activation thing. They were absolutely courteous and friendly when they called. It gives me peace of mind and I'm pleased with it.

Original review: April 1, 2017

My kids decided I needed a medical device and BlueStar seemed to really fit what I wanted to do. I have the little BlueStar pendant and when I pushed the button they responded right away. And I said "Oh, that's what it's supposed to be." It was comforting to know that in case of emergency, they'd be right there.

Original review: March 31, 2017

My experience with BlueStar has been very good. I feel safer in the house knowing that I have the help button. I have it around my neck and it's comfortable. I'd recommend BlueStar to a friend.

Original review: March 30, 2017

My experience with BlueStar HonorCare has been okay and it made me feel safer. Their response was very quick. It scared me the first time I hit it accidentally. I was leaning over and getting my dish detergent from under my sink, and it hit the door. All of a sudden it's talking to me, “What is your emergency?” and I jumped because there was nobody here but me. The young man started laughing and said, “I'm sorry. Is there an emergency?” I said, “No. I bumped it accidentally.” I was really amazed because I know and it let me know that, if something happens, BlueStar’s on it. I've told several people in the apartment complex that I live in about it, and that I was very pleased with it.

Original review: March 29, 2017

BlueStar HonorCare had called me out of blue and I said I would try this. For the first month, it was registered under another person's name and who stayed in Washington so it was a mess. I had done a test and they say I needed to call the office. I called the office and it still wasn’t registered under my name. All of a sudden, my unit quit working so I called BlueStar and they’re sending me out another unit.

Their system is great but when I wear the unit into one state and it’s registered clear across the United States, they’re sending ambulances to another state. That’s the only thing that I was dissatisfied with. And doing this about five times? It shouldn’t be that way. So I’m waiting to see how this unit is and then if it doesn’t work and it’s registered to somebody I'm cancelling.

Original review: March 28, 2017

I'm a veteran. I've got 23 stents in my heart and I'm also a diabetic with my sugar going up and down. So, I've been looking into one of those gadgets and I saw BlueStar HonorCare on the internet. When I called they said they give veterans a discount and they're a veteran owned company. They sent me two devices and neither one would work where I live. So they had to send me a third one and they always send them out real quick. But, the clip that goes on the device, so you could clip it on your label or your pocket, was broken. I called and told them but they never got back with me on it. So, I just wear it around my neck. I did a test on it and they picked it up real fast.

Original review: March 27, 2017

All the other companies' devices can be hooked up to my phone line and if I'm outside, it doesn’t pick up the signal. But with BlueStar, I could be out with my walker and if I fall, I could press it and the ambulance would know where to come to get me. Several times, the button has been hit when I was wearing it. I had the dog jump on my lap and he pressed the button. Then it made a noise and the rep got on. Then I was called a while back because they wanted to make sure that the button was working by asking me to press the button and then they’d talk to me. Then I’d say it’s working fine. It's a very good device and I like it.

Original review: March 26, 2017

I got a Sentry medical alert device and though I haven't had the time to hook it up yet, I would recommend BlueStar HonorCare.

Original review: March 25, 2017

I purchased two BlueStar alerts and chose them because of their military affiliation. The one that my girlfriend's mother uses works wonderfully. She used ADT before but she likes the BlueStar now. She's bound to a wheel chair, is at home a whole lot by herself, and she is subject to falling. I got another one to use for myself and my girlfriend because my girlfriend is a diabetic and has had a heart attack before. However, it didn't work at my house so I sent it back. I've got a cell phone, I don't have a landline, and the service that they have doesn't pick up at my house.

Original review: March 24, 2017

I live by myself and I’m not getting any younger. BlueStar mentioned the word veteran and I’m a veteran, so I went with them. I’m wearing it around my neck all the time and I have some issues with that. It gets a little cumbersome but it’s all right at night because I don’t have to wear it around my neck but it’s recommended. Other than that, it’s working out.

Original review: March 23, 2017

My husband is 90 years old and he does a lot of falling. I got to where I can’t pick him up so I thought that I need to do something that would help me. So we decided to purchase a medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare. I’ve only had to use it for my husband once and it did fine. They were very nice and came pretty quickly. Having it gives me some relief because if he’s down out in the yard, I can’t get in to call anybody for help and if he falls in the house, I can’t always get to it either.

Original review: March 22, 2017

We were with another medical alert device company before but they messed up the billing all the time. They didn't charge then suddenly sent a bill for six months and didn't give us any notification prior to that. We're with BlueStar now and when we purchased it, we called and talked to an individual who was very helpful. My brother-in-law is the one that carries the button and I was with him when we tested it and it seems to work fine. Also, their device is better because it's mobile. We can take it outside of the home in the car. At this point, we’re very happy with it.

Original review: March 21, 2017

I have some medical issues and had a 5-way bypass. Also, not too long ago, I had a fall, ended up with a blood clot in my brain and had to be operated on. I got a medical alert device from BlueStar because of their connection with the Veterans. Luckily, since I had my Ranger medical alert device, I haven’t had any emergencies. I would recommend it.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I was talking to my wife one minute and the next she was having a stroke. Something like that could happen to me that's why I got the BlueStar HonorCare device. But the thing I wear around my neck is heavy and bulky. The good thing about it is I could be out in Oklahoma and all I have to do is push the button and the GPS will find my location. It will connect me with the nearest 911. All in all, my experience with BlueStar has been good.

Original review: March 19, 2017

BlueStar happened to have been the first provider to call so I went with them. I got the Ranger medical alert device and I’m happy with my experience.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have a husband that's almost 85 years old and he has Alzheimer's disease. I began to think about if something happened to me, he won't be able to call for help. I thought that a medical alert device was the safest thing for both of us that I could manage. BlueStar was what I was looking for and they were very courteous and helpful, so that helped me to decide when I did. As a patriotic citizen we're always ready to help our veterans with their projects.

Everything's been calm as far as the use of the BlueStar device and the experience I've had has been very positive. There was an accidental use of it and I just told them it was an accident, but they responded very quickly. I also did a test run when we first got it and the response was almost instant. I had to call for help about my machine one time and the guy that helped me was very nice and got it worked out. I feel more secure knowing that I have some help at my fingertips, and that gives me more peace of mind.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I liked BlueStar's price and presentation, so I went with them. I haven't had any experience with it for emergency, but I pushed the button on accident and the people from BlueStar were right there. The only thing is that the help button is bulky.

BlueStar SeniorTech Company Information