2. Medical Alert Systems

4.6/5 (638 ratings)
Find a Medical Alert Systems partner

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

About BlueStar SeniorTech

BlueStar SeniorTech is a veteran-owned company that offers telehealth services and technology for seniors. Available devices include monitored alert systems, fall detection, memory aids, medication tools and more. There are no contracts or trial periods, and some equipment may require an upfront cost for purchase. BlueStar SeniorTech sells third-party solutions in some cases, so you may be directed to another site to find what you're looking for.

Find Medical Alert Systems partners near you

Pros

• No contracts
    • Shower-safe
    • Easy setup

Cons

• No free trial period
    • Some upfront equipment costs

Bottom Line

BlueStar SeniorTech is a veteran-owned business with a range of quality products for senior safety, health and wellness. There’s no free trial period, but the company gives you a prorated refund if you cancel.

Want assurance for you or a loved one?

Get help from a Medical Alert partner

Compare Brands

BlueStar SeniorTech Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar SeniorTech?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about BlueStar SeniorTech?

Original review: May 25, 2017

Someone called me and asked me if I've heard about BlueStar. I already had a Philips but that person told me all about BlueStar and I was really impressed so I changed. I also looked up all the different providers and saw the pros and cons of all of them. I really like the BlueStar and it was like half the price of the other one.

I have the device that you're supposed to wear around your neck and then you have to plug it in for eight hours every day. But the plug is across the room from where I can get it and I don't have an extension cord to get it over to where I need it. So I haven't been able to wear the device. I wish I could get it around my neck since I tend to fall a lot. I had an emergency where I had a really bad fall but the device wasn't where I could get it. I couldn't get to anything and had to crawl to the door.

Also, about a week ago I got a call on my phone from them saying that the machine kept going off, did I make any call and if I needed any help. There was somebody in the room with me and she just wiggled the device around and it stopped doing that. They also told me what to do and to take the little next thing off, press the button and follow the instructions which the person did and it was fine. It fixed the problem. Overall, my experience has been okay and BlueStar was there when the machine went off so, I'm very pleased with it.

Original review: May 25, 2017

When I bring my sugar down, my blood pressure goes up. And, when they come down, my sugar goes up. The doctor told me to get a life alert. I got a BlueStar HonorCare that hangs on my neck. I have life alert on my own that say waterproof, but it wasn’t so I sent that one back and get the BlueStar to came out to be real good. I was with three companies about 10 years and BlueStar's work better than all three of them. I like that they could hear it out while fishing. In fact, they were able to get in touch with me when one of my friends fell off the boat and I got at the water. A few minutes later they called me on my phone and asked if I was okay. They responded quickly and I didn’t even know that it went off of me. Their reps were really good. They'd keep in touch with me if my battery is low and they'd tell me to charge it. Overall, I love it.

BlueStar SeniorTech response

So glad to hear you're getting some fishing in Jerry! More importantly, it's good that you have an extra layer of protection wherever you happen to be, even out on thee water. We hope your friend will stay onboard in the future! Thank you for letting us and other know that you think BlueStar is the best you've found over the course of the last 10 years! - David C.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I’m 82 and I live in a senior assisted building. A lot of the people have the government kind of medical alert but they don’t go farther than the living room. I needed one to go beyond that and I can go with it anywhere that's why I ordered the Ranger Medical Alert from BlueStar Veterans. I keep it on and charged up. One time, I was in the store and it was on my neck. When I bent over to the meat counter, it must have pressed the button against the meat counter and it went off. Then a lady's voice asked, “May I help you? Can I help you? Are you all right”? And I couldn’t understand where the noise was coming from. I told her I was okay and thanked her for her concern.

The only thing that I was concerned about was that I could not download my little $25 coupon for my lunch. They wouldn’t accept it at Applebee’s, so I didn’t know what else to do with it. But everything has been all right so far. I’ve been trying to get other people to buy the device that could go farther but they already have the ones that they don’t pay money for.

Original review: May 24, 2017

My husband has Alzheimer's and I knew that if something happened to me, he wouldn't be able to call 911. I'm not a sick or feeble person but you never know what's gonna happen in the future. I went with BlueStar and they told me that I needed to test my device and I noticed that whenever I push the button to test, it would take a long time before they would come on. What happened was I got a phone call from someone I don't know and I told him, "This is a secured line." So, I called BlueStar and got one of the representatives who told me they haven't called me in a few weeks. I told her a person called me and she said that if I have any concerns, I need to take it up with the main number. I then told her I've been thinking about changing and she said, "Well if you want to change go ahead and change."

I told her it's what I'd do. I also said, "When I do call to check up, I see you guys are pretty rude. You're supposed to be nice to the customers. You'll never know when somebody has an emergency." And so I called BlueStar and I told the guy that I'm canceling out and he said, "Let me see what we can do to keep you." But I told him I don't want it because I have spoken to other representatives and they had the same attitude. They also asked if I would recommend them to anybody else and I told them no. I was dissatisfied.

Good Afternoon, Ms. Tribble,

It was a pleasure to speak with you last week. On behalf of BlueStar HonorCare, please accept our unreserved apologies for your negative experience you may have had using our products and speaking with our monitoring center.

Our company is working with our monitoring center to ensure that no customer in the future will be treated rudely by a call center operator. We hold our customers in high regard, and when customers are treated with disrespect, it reflects negatively upon all of us at BlueStar HonorCare.

It's unacceptable that you were treated with disrespect, and I can assure you that it will never happen again.

We are working to rectify the problem, and although we may have lost your business, I want to show you how we are working to fix the problem you experienced:

1) We are working directly with our monitoring center to true up our customer service expectations.

2) BlueStar HonorCare is working with our monitoring center to establish updated communication guidelines.

3) BlueStar is updating its technology.

We hope you have found a device that you know will keep you safe. Thank you for giving our company any opportunity to serve you and keep you safe. If you need any further assistance in the future, please do not hestitate to contact us at 1-800-300-1724.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 23, 2017

Falling is my worst feature. I have fallen quite a few times and I'll probably end up dead because of it, so I got the Admiral Protect from BlueStar. I like that it was all encompassed in that one little device that hangs around your neck, and it’s quite convenient to wear compared to the other ones. But I fell pretty dramatically twice while I have the device on and it did not pick up the fall. So I shipped it back and hope I get the refund. But BlueStar was very considerate about letting me try out the device for 30 days. It’s as I expected as advertised except for the fact that it didn’t detect the falls.

Good Afternoon, Mr. Syria,

We appreciate you submitting a review on behalf of BlueStar HonorCare. While we are disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with your unit, we appreciate your kind remarks about our attempts to assist you. Our customer service is second-to-none, and we pride ourselves upon the principles of willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer.

Our unit's fall detection is activated when the unit is worn around the neck or, by using the unit's belt clip. Unfortunately, if you suffered a fall and you somehow managed to break said fall, the fall detection sensors may not activate. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

As discussed today, we will happily refund your payment. Please contact us in the future if you have any further questions.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 22, 2017

I get light-headed and dizzy and I have fallen a couple of times. When I called BlueStar HonorCare, they were very positive with me so I got their Ranger Medical Alert. Their reps were all very nice and took their time with me. They cooperated with me and I could understand what they were saying. I’m very happy with BlueStar and I’ve recommended it to a few friends. I feel safe with the device and it goes with me wherever I go.

Original review: May 21, 2017

BlueStar is cheaper than most, for the same service. I have fallen quite a few times and I haven’t been able to get up without assistance so I thought I should have one. Usually, there is someone here with me, but once in awhile I’m by myself. So, hopefully, I won’t have to use it. But the fact that I can be by myself because I have the device is nice. I haven’t had to call in but they called me a couple of times to see if I had any problems with it, which I didn’t. They were friendly and sounded interested with my problems.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have the Ranger medical alert with the button in the middle from BlueStar. I have a lot of arthritis going on so my hips and knees give out, and I never know when I might need it, so I keep it next to me usually. However, I lean on everything and I keep setting its button off and my son even shortened the device. In the beginning, I’d hear “Hello! Hello! Hello!” all of a sudden. I also talked to them when I was getting phone calls from people. They had to make sure my number was off of their list and they took care of it right away. They were very helpful and I didn’t have any more problem after that. I'm satisfied with BlueStar.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I went with BlueStar because they have something to do with veterans. I didn’t ask at the time if they had the device for the wrist and I wish they had one. I had trouble with the necklace because it kept going down my front and it would click on even when there is nothing wrong. I had a couple of falls but they weren’t anything big. At that time, I didn’t know I was anemic and that’s why I was falling. But I haven’t fallen since then. I don’t worry about it so much at home because my husband’s always right here with me. I’m very satisfied with it and I would recommend it.

BlueStar SeniorTech response

Thank you for sharing your thoughts here Norma. We're glad to hear you identified the cause of your falls and that you have lowered the risk of any reoccurring! Stay safe! - David C.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I ordered the medical alert device from BlueStar HonorCare for my sister. I ordered one but they sent me two boxes. It was really confusing. Also, the boxes kept talking to us all the time off the wall when we weren’t pushing the buttons. My sister moved in with me and then she was never here alone so we sent the devices back. I had spoken with their reps plenty of times about returning the products.

Good Morning, Ms. Allen,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Consumer Review as it relates to your customer experience with BlueStar HonorCare.

While BlueStar was aware of the two devices your sister was sent, we worked handily to correct the shipping error. According to our records, you contacted BlueStar customer service on May 1, 2017, requesting to return the device due to your sister now living with family members. We mailed a prepaid return label and received the returned device on May 17. We immediately issued a refund and closed the account.

BlueStar is a bit disappointed- based upon your review - that you may have had a negative experience with our company.

We will be in contact as soon as possible to learn more about your customer experience.

Director of Customer Service

Original review: May 15, 2017

My husband was a veteran of the Air Force for four years during the cold war. He had fallen a couple of times and has a lot of medical problems. He has a pacemaker, a congested heart failure and he’s diabetic. So I wanted some type of device for him, which the doctors also recommended. Then I came to find Blue Star Veterans. We got the device very quickly and when I gave it to him, I put it in the couch in the morning and I told him to put it on when he leaves. And when he picked up a package from outside, he trips and falls in the garage on his way back and laid there for three hours. So now, the device is a permanent fixture, he wanted to wear this all the time and it’s like another piece of jewelry. I pressed the button once when I wanted to make sure that it’s working and they were responsive, friendly and helpful. They were very easy to work with. They were excellent.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I'm 86 years old so I decided to get a medical alert device. I’m getting along fine with my BlueStar help button. I spend a good deal of time by myself and having the device gives me peace of mind. Once, I had to reach out to the Bluestar team and they did well. They said something to me through the system, but I couldn’t grasp what they were saying because the button was inside my shirt. By the time I got to them, I forgot what she said and she had to repeat herself, which is a big help for people like myself that can't get through the questions right away. It was a good experience.

BlueStar SeniorTech response

Thank you for your feedback Darrel. So glad to hear you're getting along fine! I'm also glad you're better protected in the event of an accident or emergency with one of our medical alert devices. Thank you for sharing your feedback. - David C.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I've wanted to get one of the medical alert devices that you hang around your neck for my wife, and I got one from BlueStar. It's working fine. I've been very happy with their team and I definitely would recommend BlueStar.

BlueStar SeniorTech response

Thank you for recommending BlueStar Mr. Stone! - David C.

Original review: May 7, 2017

My boyfriend will be gone for several months so he thought I should have that in case something would happen while he's away. I had the Ranger because it was the most reasonably priced. A couple of times I would forget to put it on the charger, then someone from BlueStar called and mentioned that it had to be charged. I would recommend BlueStar price-wise.

Original review: May 5, 2017

My husband and I both have a need for a medical alert device from time to time. I fall a lot and he has Alzheimer's. I had a problem before where BlueStar didn't send me two of the necklaces initially as I had requested. I called and asked them about it and they sent them immediately to me. Other than that, I haven't had any trouble with BlueStar.

Original review: May 4, 2017

What BlueStar Veterans had to offer was better than what I had and also it was less expensive. I wanted to have a service where I could go to the grocery store or the doctor and still be covered. What I did have was only covered within my apartment. I got a device because of my age and I didn’t want to risk falling. I like the idea that they provide locks that you can put on your door that would hold a key. So that any other person who would be able to come to my apartment to get me would be able to by putting in the code. At this point of not having to use it yet, but so far I’ve had a very good experience with them and would recommend them.

Original review: May 1, 2017

My cousin Steven got an email about BlueStar and liked what he read. And being a veteran himself, it kinda helped boost him a little bit. He had two heart attacks and has got several things going on with him including COPD and dislocated disk. He stays active and on the road. He didn’t want to be out there and having to try to get 911 on the cell phone when something goes wrong. He was looking for something that he could have on the road with him and if he needed help, somebody could find him. The GPS capability was what made him happy and everything’s been really good. He feels safe with BlueStar. He knows anytime he needs help, he ain’t got to try to get to somebody’s house or dial 911 on the phone. He’s got somebody instant who he can get in touch with, and immediately, they'd be in the process of getting him located.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I got the BlueStar Admiral Protect device for my mom. She has dementia and has fallen a number of times. One morning at 4 A.M., she wandered outside and fell off the stairs and broke her hip. I was inside the house asleep. Since we’re in a big brick house, I couldn’t hear anything. The medical alert device was easy to set up. I took it out of the box, plugged it in, charged it, and used it. It was the simplest process I've ever done. The device also has worked all over the property. We live in a valley and my Verizon cellphone doesn’t work half the places on this property. BlueStar allows us to test the device and I can walk around and hit the button to see if it dials them.

The only time she has used it was one night, my mother had a panic attack and I was in my room just right across the hall. But instead of getting me, she hit the button and had med techs coming over. The technician on the other end was talking to us and they told her that they had somebody on the way and to just sit down. They almost got here as fast as they could. They were great and their service was awesome. They did what they advertised they do.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I have the device that you push the button if you ever need any help. I put it around my neck like a necklace. When I was working, I accidentally pressed the button twice when I leaned over and set it off. They responded quickly after that and they were very nice when they knew it was just an accident. I'm trying to be more careful with it now. There were no instruction so I didn't know if the alarm goes away if I press the button again, though. Also, it would have been better if they have something that could be placed on the arm like a watch so it wouldn't be so obvious but would still do the job. The device I have tends to get in the way a little bit when I'm wearing it around my neck.

Original review: April 25, 2017

The representatives were friendly and answered all of my questions. I got the Ranger medical alert device, and have no complaints with BlueStar so far.

Original review: April 22, 2017

I was looking on the computer and found BlueStar Veterans. I ordered the Admiral Protect medical alert for my husband because he’s always on the go. He previously had an incident when we were gone. I figured that if it happened again, at least he has that and can have assistance immediately. Now, he’s got BlueStar and wherever he’s at, they can find him. I’m really pleased with BlueStar. Whenever I had any problems, they would always help me with it and answer any questions that I needed answered.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Having BlueStar is a great peace of mind. I got it for my mother. She has high risk for falling so she has the Admiral Protect. I make her wear it anywhere we go or even when she's left by herself so that way I know that I don't have to explain where I'm at and that rescue can get to her ASAP. She had an emergency when she needed the other one that we had before. When we were home and I was able to go ahead and call, they called me back saying we have a low battery because I kept trying to push it and nothing would come across. Come to find out, you had to put it in the carrier case really hard and my mother doesn't have the strength for that one. We changed it to the one we've got now, the Admiral Protect, wherein you don't have to push anything into it. It just lays, so it's much easier for her to use it.

One time, we were at a meeting and my mother accidentally hit it. All of a sudden, one of your people came across that we have an alert. Others were amazed that that's all it took. I gave them the BlueStar's phone number and they got it as well. Also, I was very happy to find out that it was done by military. My dad was part of the military, at Pearl Harbor when they bombed it. He did 25 years in the service and anything that deals with the military, I support. I also belong to Fleet Reserve Association and I’ve gotten at least four other members to go with BlueStar. On the whole, I'm truly happy.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I like that the BlueStar HonorCare device is not limited to a base station. I bought it for my mother and I wanted to make sure that if she falls or if she's not responsive, there's a way for her to get help. So far, the biggest thing that she does with it is make sure that she charges it every two days. It's kind of big and she's often sitting and reading a book so she doesn't like wearing it around her neck. Neither does she wear it on her belt because she doesn't wear one. And if it were to be clipped to her clothing, it would probably pull her clothing down. But she has it and it gives me peace of mind that mom is covered if she falls.

Also, it's great to order from BlueStar. The process was easy and the product came quickly. However, there's a little bit of confusion about whether or not it was activated. And when I pushed the button to call, a prerecorded thing that would come on and it would ask if there was an emergency and I would say, "No, I have a question." And as soon as I said "No" it would hang up. It took several days to resolve and I had to call a couple of people but they fixed it.

Original review: April 15, 2017

BlueStar HonorCare has been great. I'm glad to have them in an emergency. They've treated me very well, getting me started in the program. They called and I told them that I wasn't a vet, but I was married to a vet and I got it in that way. My partner passed away a year ago and I'm all alone so the device was helpful to me. Their reps helped me get it set up and I have nothing bad to say about them. Moreover, the device is easy to wear and I even get a phone call from them to tell me when they get a low battery signal and tells me to charge it again. Overall, they're very helpful and it's a great product. Even my landlord and my sister are thinking about looking into it.

Original review: April 14, 2017

My mom wanted to take off walking and I got her a help button from BlueStar because from my understanding, it's supposed to have a GPS on it. But one time, she got lost. She told the girl who was watching her that she had the help button on her and took off. But my mom didn't have it on and the girl didn't bother checking. My mom could have died, she was up all night long until next evening and it scared the crap out of me. But she was found without the GPS. The guy who I talked to apologized that the device didn't have a GPS where I can follow her and find where she's at. So he got my payments down from $40 a month to $29.

I was also told that my mom doesn't have to push the button if she got all tired. The guy could've walked me through that but I never got a hold of him again. Their team is hard to get a hold of, especially on weekends or late at night. There's a certain time I can't get them because they're on the East Coast and I'm on the West Coast. The hour difference makes a big difference. Then Adult Protective Services came down and we talked to a guy online who said that I had the wrong equipment. So I sent that one back and got another one.

The one I have right now still doesn't have a GPS on it but it works on emergencies. I make my mom wear it and a couple of times she got mad because she doesn't want to. But now she's okay with it. It's a matter of getting used to. However, they should get a GPS because older people are not going to remember to push the button or call. But if we have a tracker on them, we can find them and that would be awesome.

Original review: April 14, 2017

I had a couple of surgeries before then I'm contemplating on another surgery, a knee replacement. I live alone, so if I fall down, nobody will hear. BlueStar contacted me because I was a veteran. They said I could have the Ranger medical alert device for free. The only thing I would have to pay for was the monthly monitoring fee. I have the wallet that has a chain on it, so I connect my device to that. One time, I sat on it and one-time I pressed it by mistake and another time I was just looking it over when I initially got it and I pressed it. I thought I was turning it off and I was actually turning it on. Their response time wasn't as quick as I thought it should be. It took them four minutes, then I spoke to a guy and told him it was no emergency. The people I’ve talked to seemed courteous. I’m satisfied with it, but I'm trying to assess now whether or not it’s worth the cost to continue.

Original review: April 13, 2017

I fall a lot and I never know when I'm going to need help so I got BlueStar. If I'm out and need help, I can get it no matter where I'm at and their price is reasonable. I would recommend BlueStar.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I was looking for a system and my cardiologist referred me to BlueStar. He told me about it because I'm a high-risk. He then got me enrolled. I have the most advanced model. It's a fall detector and also has the speaker included and so far, I've had very good service and response from the company. From the very beginning when I requested information, their reps were really helpful. Lorelie was really clear and very informative about the system.

Sometimes, I get false alarms like when I've taken the device out from my belt and it drops on the bed or when I'm tying my shoes. I have to tie at a certain angle and it senses that I'm either on my way to fall or I fell already. So it detects any calls right away. And I have to inform them not to block the call because in another chance that I really fall and I call, they might think it's not a call. But their guys are doing a great job with the false alarms. I get them on the speaker right away, like less than five seconds.

The only defect that I noticed so far is the clip for the belt. When I take it off to have it recharged at night, it comes loose so I have to pull it out from my belt. So if they would add, instead of the plastic, a metal part that it would attach to the anchor per se, it won't have a problem because it would be quick-release. But with the pendant, it's fine. Other than the clip for the belt issue, the device is good.

Original review: April 12, 2017

I saw an ad about BlueStar HonorCare in a magazine and I got myself one. Their reps were really good and helpful although I haven’t had to call them out yet.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I got BlueStar because a lot of people who works there are military and I wanted to support the veterans. We’ve got a lot of them in the family. I used the device one time and they were very prompt and quick. People that I have talked to were very polite and understanding. I’m glad I got it when I did have an emergency. It gives me a little bit of independence whenever I want to go out and do something on my own. I've recommended them.

BlueStar SeniorTech Company Information