Faloni & Associates

Fairfield, NJ

Compare Debt Collection Agencies

Research top Debt Collection Agencies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am a resident of Florida. Faloni filed an action against me in Feb 2014 in Ocean County court. I filed a response in time indicating that I no longer live in NJ. They are continuing the action in Ocean County Court while perpetrating a fraud on the court. I have a copy of reply filed Feb 27, 2014.

The only one I had a problem with at Faloni and Associates was a guy named Jack **. He is an attorney there, and is extremely obnoxious and impolite. He is so rude, it is a disgrace to the profession, and he would also not change the date of my payments by five days to help me out. I am unemployed for a year. Shame on this man.

I was paying them twenty six dollars and fifty cents on one of the accounts, and I asked them if I can continue paying that amount because I am unemployed. They refused to accept my best offer because they have a judgment against me. Who has a license to bully the consumers? I am a decent, respectable American who works hard and was given the shaft from credit cards from high interest rates. I did not sign up to have my money legally stolen from me in the eyes of the law.

I was contacted by RB, who represents Faloni & Associates, on a credit card debt. I received a phone call from RB who was not only rude but was also speaking in a threatening tone. He informed me that he is calling to collect a debt for $937.00 on behalf of Credit One Bank. I explained to RB that I never opened or authorized anyone to open an account with such bank.

I also informed him that when I was originally contacted by the bank on this matter 3 years ago, I disputed such account, and according to the bank, the matter was investigated and dropped. His response was "I care less." He repeatedly kept on contacting me, requesting the funds. I requested that he mail me copies of the original contract with my signature to validate the debt, but he refused to do so.

Faloni & Associates is practicing illegal debt collection without any verification of a debt, before they purchase it from the original debtor. I intent to file a complaint with the bar association of NJ. This firm is allowing paralegals to act on its behalf by portraying them to be attorneys.

On April 23, 2010, my grandmother Irene ** received a collection notice dated April 21, 2010, from Faloni and Associates, LLC (File # RES** Acount Number ** Amount $1,500.04). Upon receipt and review of this notification, my grandmother requested that I look into it since she had no prior knowledge of the debt or believes she owes it.

On May 3, 2010, I called Faloni and Associates and was transferred to ext: ** and put on with a representative with the initials RB. I explained to the representative that I was representing my grandmother, who has no idea what this debt relates to, since this is the 1st communication ever received and what recourse action is available at this stage. The representative who was extremely curt and rude, explained that he understood me defending my grandmother who is a victim of circumstance, however, any dispute proceedings that were available are now null and void. It was explained that my grandmother was sent an original letter back in February (confirmed never received) that was ignored. Even after I explained, she never received, billing statements, invoices or collection notices prior to 4/21/2010. I was advised to blame it on the Post Office not their problem.

In addition, RB explained that they could seize my grandmother's property and/or place liens or anything she has now that he knows that she had something (never confirmed property ownership). I believe it is unethical and against the law to threaten to seize anything. The representative also said that I was unprofessional and I needed to listen to what he had to say which was to pay him $900.00 to make this go away. It is my belief that the consumer should be entitled to dispute the validity of the debt as soon as it is brought to their attention.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Faloni and Associates?

Faloni & Associates Company Profile