4.4/5 (178 ratings)
Call Now Toll Free

About Lexington Law

Lexington Law is a firm focused on credit repair. Its services revolve around removing inaccurate or questionable negative items listed on your credit report through credit report analysis, credit disputes, dispute escalation and credit score analysis.

Pros

• Free consultation
  • Straightforward service plans
  • Online chat available

Cons

• Pricier than some competitors
  • May charge for additional reports

Bottom Line

Lexington Law helps clients improve low credit scores. Fees are higher than those of some competitors, but new clients get a free consultation. The company employs lawyers to help execute credit repair services.

Lexington Law Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lexington Law?

Page 66 Reviews 1925 - 1955
Original review: June 8, 2013

They lied about their BBB status. They represented themselves as paralegals when, in fact, the call came from a call center. They used pressure tactics to try to generate my business. They gave me a free credit report that differed from the one that I had gotten online for free. They tried to pump me in trying to get personal information. Epic fail.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: June 7, 2013

DO NOT USE LEXINGTON LAW FOR ANY REASON EVER. Lexington law firm dishonestly advertises and provides no proof of work performed. They told me they needed more time at $100 a month. Eight months, no results. On August 15th, 2012, I started my service with Lexington Law to try and have some inaccurate items removed from my credit report after proving a debt did not belong to me in court for the third time. The sales associate I spoke with (Theresa) said I had a case and recommended I go with the premium for $100 a month. She told me I would see results in 3 months at this rate and that their clients have an average of 8 negative items removed from their credit report by then.

Fast forward to January 2013, after repeated calls each month, I saw no progress with the exception of two removals from my credit report. And these removals done were only completed by my aid in sending letters to the bureaus myself. After 7 months, they couldn't even remove the ONE debt that I proved in court did not belong to me, and I provided them with documentation. I called countless times about them removing this one item from my credit report and that it did not belong to me and that I had documentation to support that claim (which was provided) and each time it was as if no one had ever known I brought it up before. If that isn't bad enough, I called to cancel my service on February 14th. The rep named Juan said he would continue the service for $24.99 a month with no difference in service. I agreed on the contingency that I see results in the next 2 weeks.

Now, it is two weeks later and I have a $100 charge again. Not only that, but the service was downgraded to a maintenance pro service. That was the last straw. So I called today and asked for proof of the work they had been doing and they could provide me with none. I asked them to refund my money and they told me the best they could do was $75 to meet the price I was told before. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I was never refunded any amount of money and they have made absolutely no attempt to resolve my BBB complaint in any way. They responded to BBB and all they said was they already refunded the $75. I provided my bank records to BBB to prove that there was no refund. I haven't heard anything since. I am absolutely completely dissatisfied with the service and disgusted by the practices and level of professionalism this company has displayed. They are CROOKS.

Lexington Law has not resolved the complaint and I am not going to stop responding to this complaint until they do. They have not even TRIED to contact me to try and work something out. They did not provide me a refund of the $75 like they promised, and they have not delivered on any of the $800 of service I paid for. Nothing was done to help my credit and no proof of letters sent was provided to prove it. I feel cheated and I feel like I was literally stolen from. If BBB cannot resolve the BBB claim, I may have to take legal action against them.

Original review: June 5, 2013

I am a former employee of Lexington Law Firm. There are a few things people should know before signing up for their service.

The people who work there ARE NOT PARALEGALS!! When you call in, it is a call center. They have their employees take very simple tests once every 3-4 months, and most of them are right out of high school. YOU DO NOT HAVE any paralegals or attorneys working on your case. The whole system is automated. They have an internal system that automatically generates the letters. The whole system works on its own, and most of the employees that work there have no idea how credit works. Also, they BREAK THE CROA LAWS on a daily basis...

They do this in two different ways: 1. When they upload an Experian report, a lot of the times because of the way Experian lists the item, their system marks it as if it was deleted off of your credit report and they move it to a positive credit line. They then send out to the customer an email and post it on their website that it was removed from the report when it was not... THIS IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW; and 2. Also, their data entry team makes many, many, many mistakes when entering reports. This is also a VIOLATION OF CROA. They have been aware of the flaw in their systems for over a year, and still have not made any attempts to fix it.

Now on to why you pay a monthly fee: according to CROA, they cannot bill you until after they do the work. How they do this is, they tell you that they will not dispute all of your items at once because it can make the credit reporting agencies give you a negative response. This is a lie; if they disputed everything at once, they would have to wait 60-90 days to re-dispute them, and they would not be able to charge you a fee for that time. By doing it the way they do, they can drag out the process and charge you every month and have you pay more money.

Now on to when you call to close your case: there are a lot of complaints about people closing and the case not being closed. That is because every employee MUST hit their stats, and one of them is the percentage of clients they can talk into not closing their case. If they close the case, it will count against them. If they talk you into keeping it open, they get 3% of what your next payment is. So a lot of times, the phone reps will not close the case and not put a note in the case. This happens ALL THE TIME, and they are aware of this and do not hold the phone reps accountable. When you close your case, write down the date and time and name of the reps. And yes, the complaints of rude reps are true: they are not trained for customer service and they do not have any quality control.

Just keep in mind that everything they do, you CAN do yourself. The only thing you are paying them for is the time it will save you.

Original review: May 29, 2013

Please DO NOT USE LEXINGTON LAW.. I have paid them $99.00 for the past five months and the only two things that they said they got off of my credit report really never came off. I decided to order my report myself and the bad marks were still on there. They also lied and said the inquiries were off, but they were not. YOU CAN DO THE SAME THING YOURSELF FREE. Once you get your report, go online and dispute yourself by simply clicking a box and entering. By the way, unless you pay OFF your credit cards and loans, the banks will not remove the bad listing. Once you pay it off, you can call and ask for them to remove it.

Also, if you pay it off and keep disputing, there is no reason for them to spend the time getting the info for the credit bureaus. At that point, it will be removed. But I promise you, UNLESS YOU PAY OFF YOUR CHARGE OFF, there is no way they will remove it because you still owe them money. Lexington Law only sends letters a couple a month. Do not waste your time or money. Order your credit report, go online, click dispute and get the bad marks off yourself.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 28, 2013

Absolute scam. I called to have my credit repaired. I was fast talked and every question I asked was answered in circles. I was pushed 5 times to refer this service to my family and friends in 5 different ways, even after I said no 5 times. I figured the girl on the phone just didn't have good phone etiquette and let it go. Then, she went over the services which were all something I could do on my own but just don't have the time to do. So I asked how long this would take (considering they take $100.00 from your account every month until it is complete). I was told that when a paralegal looks over my report, they would let me know and they would start today… while we were on the phone.

So after I gave her my information to get the account started, I was told I have to confirm. So in order to get off the phone and process everything in my mind and make sense of the speed talking, I told her I would call back. The sales girl was extremely pushy about me staying on the phone, but I insisted I read everything over before I confirmed. So I read over their reviews which stated this was a scam and not to go forward with them. Make sure you also read the filtered reviews on this page. And I read over the CROA laws which state that any company claiming to repair your credit must give you a contract to sign, which includes payment terms, a detailed description of what they will do and an EXACT TIME. Also, the law states that no money can be taken until the service is complete.

So I called to say that I was not going to confirm and this wasn't the service I was looking for. I was fast talked again until I said to remove my info from their system. I was laughed at and was told I was already charged for the credit report. So I spoke with a supervisor and said that since I paid for the report, I want a copy of it and was still fast talked and got no answers. I also questioned them about the CROA law on credit repair and was told by a supervisor that the law is impossible to follow, and they don't work that way. DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME EVEN CALLING… unless you want to waste time and money and feel like an idiot who was just scammed.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 25, 2013

Lexington Law represents Corporate America's attitude that they can do whatever they wish because American Corporations have no morals. They are fed by greed and will steal your draws if you did not have them on. People in this country work hard for the little monies they earn. And for regulators getting kick backs from these companies to turn a blind eye, shows the decline of a cesspool that is Lexington Law. I purchased a 5-day trial offer and cancelled before the end of the 5 day offer, along with a cancellation conformation number as proof. Needless to say, the next month, my checking account was debited 3 separate times, totaling to $150.00. I was unaware of this at the time, only not until I received three overdraft charges at $35.00 each from my banking institution. I almost blew a gasket.

I was blown away that Lexington Law had the legal right to steal money out of my checking account. I contacted my Bank (Suntrust Bank in Lawrenceville, GA) to report the theft of funds from my checking account. I really believe the banks are in bed with Lexington Law and other companies as they are willing to give access to our hard earn money. My advice, don't TRUST the banks any longer. They are snakes in the grass when it comes to managing your money. Lexington Law and the banks, like SUNTRUST BANK, say they are there to help you. TRUTH be told, the only thing they’re helping is themselves to is your hard earned money as they laugh at us PEONS all the way to their offshore accounts. P.S. Buyers, BEWARE.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 22, 2013

Do not hire this Lexington Law. They give confusing answers when you ask direct questions. They are a complete rip-off. It is very difficult to cancel the service once they sign you up. They keep charging you hoping that you will not pay attention to what they are doing. Do not sign up with them. You have been warned!

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 15, 2013

Do not hire these people. They take your money then continue to take your money after you cancel. Their spokespersons on the phone are liars and give you all kind of ** as to why they continue to charge you. Do not hire them. They are a ripoff company!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: March 6, 2013

Here's what Lexington law does: Writes letters and signs them with your name, and send them out with your address as the return address. Here's what your creditors do: Write to you directly, tell you they know you are using a credit repair service and state that they are under no obligation to reply to such a service. Embarrassing. I have two items which are totally inaccurate on my credit report and Lexington couldn't even handle those. Both of them simply sent me letters like the above. I paid a total of $250 for nothing.

Original review: March 4, 2013

OK, I use Lexington for 6 months and didn't get any results. I tried to get a hold of that Nic guy from the below post but was told he left the company. I ended up talking to Tony ** and he was great. He explained everything to me so it makes sense, and after one month, I already saw more with him than I did the entire time I was with them. I would advise anyone to talk to him.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2013

I am a single mom of 2 and I wanted to do good for my credit and went with Lexington Law because I thought they would do a good job. After being with them for over a year, paying $80 a month, I did not have any results. I wish I could have read all of the bad reviews instead of reading their fake good reviews. After I wasted $1,000, I went with another company. Being very skeptical, I was lucky to find "Nic" at Repair my Credit Now and they fixed my credit in less than 4 months. Do not use Lexington Law. If you want it fixed right the first time, use Nic. He is the reason my credit is good now.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2013

Like many people, I was surprised that credit could be repaired with only a nominal monthly fee. I opted for the $79.95 monthly plan. Since they offered a five day 100% refund, a guy from Lexington Law calls and says, "You should see some items dropping off your credit reports at the end of the month." That's pretty exciting, so who's going to cancel? Of course nothing drops off, and then they say it takes 60 days. Of course nothing happens in 60 days, and then they say sometimes it takes longer for some than others. After five months and six payments, my credit report was still the same.

This is a very clever operation set up to make one believe that they are giving individual attention to each case. In reality, it is set up to drag out over a period of years for those gullible enough to hang in there. I have no intention of being one of their lemmings, so I quit. It would have been nice if it had actually worked, but read all the ex-employee comments on the net. They don't make money solving your credit problems; they make money off suckers who believe that someday, somehow, maybe years down the road, Lexington Law will improve their credit. In the end, people walk away with no recourse because they were never legally guaranteed anything. They were just led to believe they could receive help through clever advertising and carefully-timed phone calls. Save your money; these people are not going to do anything more than you can do yourself.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2012

I applied for a car loan after finding a dealership advertising a car on Craigslist. Now I get calls from Lexington telling me that I have to send them money to clear my account. I told them, "No, thank you." They continue to call me many times per day as I am doing a live radio show in NW Arkansas. At one point I placed the speaker up to my mic in my studio and recorded most of the conversation. I then told the person what I had done and they cursed me out and hung up. The entire time on the phone with them was odd. They kept calling me a "dead beat, a loser and a worthless piece of **."

Original review: Nov. 29, 2012

I contacted Lexington Law to assist me with improving my credit. I spoke with the paralegal regarding improving my credit score by removal of delinquent payment reports connected to a short sale I completed four years earlier. The paralegal indicated I would need to first challenge the reports and all three of the credit bureaus and had to provide to proof to substantiate the delinquency reporting in 30 days or remove the delinquency report. I was assured they had been very successful in getting such delinquency reports removed particularly with Countrywide Mortgage (my mortgage company), especially since the company had been sold and was no longer operating.

I called back and nothing had been taken off my account and I was told that it may now take 45 to 60 days before this part of the process would be completed. After 60 days, I was told I would have to challenge them again, wait another 45 to 60 days, etc. This went on for 9 months at $99 a month for a total of $999 until I finally put an end to it. Every month, it was the same thing - just wait another 30 days and pay another $99 and we should get some results. After 9 months and $999, none of the mortgage delinquencies were removed from any of the three credit reports. All the time waiting for responses from the credit reporting agencies, I was charged at the rate of $99 a month. I received no results for the $999 I paid them.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2012

I contacted Lexington Law to assist me with improving my credit. I spoke with the paralegal regarding paying off any debt and how they could assist me in getting a better credit score. I was told I would first need to challenge the debt for erroneous charges. They stated that the credit bureau had to respond in 30 days or remove the bad credit. I called back and nothing had been taken off my account and I was told that it may take now 45 to 60 days before this part of the process would be completed. I do understand that this will take time but the service was again charging my account $99 for nothing, just waiting for the credit bureau to get back. This was not a good use of my funds.

I did ask the paralegal if there were any other actions we could take especially if the debt was paid off, the response was to send more letters out and see. I am completely dissatisfied with the service; I have been charged for two months of service and only received one and in the end, the only thing they do is send out letters to challenge the debt. After that, it's game over. Oh yeah, you can visit the Library, that is it.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2012

I signed up with Lexington Law for free service which was granted by court settlement. But a few weeks later, they closed my case. They said that happened by error and it will be up in 48 hours and when I called after 48 hours, they told me to pay for the service. Then when I called again and talked to their paralegal, they then again said wait for 48 hours, then again the same story. I have called them almost 100 times in the last 3 to 4 weeks and they are not following the court settlement. I need help.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: May 18, 2012

On or about March 27, 2012, I contacted an online credit service to see if my husband and I could improve our credit score so that we could get a refinance to lower our mortgage payments. I was immediately connected to Lexington Law Firm, a company specializing in credit repair. I was told one story by the sales person. It sounded good and the price was not bad, so I signed myself and my husband up for the service. I was told by the sales person that it did no good for one person in a marriage to improve their credit if the other one does not participate, so I signed both of us up. I was also told that we could cancel within the first 5 days and we would not be charged. He then switched me over to a supposed paralegal who would handle our case.

This person told me a completely different scenario, including the price which was twice as much as I was quoted by the sales person. I did not like what I heard from this person, so I canceled on the first day and the first conversation I had with the so-called paralegal. He assured me that my debit card would not be charged for anything except the initial charge for the credit report which was $20. We were supposed to get a copy of that report. We have not received one yet. I kept getting emails from Lexington Law Firm and I called them to see why. I was assured that our account had been cancelled and our debit card would not be charged. However, this is not the case. Lexington Law Firm has been charging our account every month for $50. I called them to tell them to stop charging us and give us a refund and they told me that in order to stop the payments and get a refund, I or my husband would have to file an affidavit charging the other with forgery.

Neither I nor my husband, who has never spoken with Lexington Law, except to make sure that his account was cancelled, forged anything. I was told on the very first phone call with the salesperson that I had to sign both my husband and myself up for the service in order for the service to be effective. They are stealing money out of our checking account every month and we have received no services from them at all.

Original review: March 4, 2010

I signed up with the company back in November of last year in which it was $99 to sign up and then they take $79 out of my account every month for the service to so called help with the repair of my credit. With talking with someone and researching a little, I found out that the company is not licensed in the state of South Carolina to assist South Carolina residence with the repair of their credit. My credit was not repaired at all and some of my good standing creditors were removed instead which hurt my credit score even more. I also have spent about $400 with the company.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2010

I contacted this company to ask questions about their services and to see if I could afford them. I explained my situation and my only source of income was my disability check each month. They seemed very understanding and supportive knowing that most people who contacted them were in a financial shortage and were trying hard just to make ends meet. So I agreed to try the services and explained that I didn't have the money to start until the 3rd of the next month. Well, that was all fine and they chose to go ahead and get my credit report right away and look at it. So I got my check but my bills were almost more than my check so that left me broke, actually I had gotten very ill for several weeks and I wasn't able to get out of bed for almost a solid month and I had to buy unexpected medicine so of course, that ran me short to say the least.

So after trying several times to get money from my account, they gave me a call to ask about my payment and I explained to them that I had been very ill and since it was the last month before Christmas, I needed them to put my case on hold until the first of the year then I would be able to continue with our agreement to follow through with my case. I asked them to please not to take a payment until January especially because I needed to get my grandsons at least one present for Christmas and this wasn't going to be much. So they agreed to wait until the first of the year and all was fine. As soon as my SSA check was deposited, they had a request already put in to withdraw two months of services that I hadn't even received. I thought I was going to die. They gave me their word that they would put my case on hold and they will wait until January to receive their payment.

To say the least, my grandsons didn't receive a gift from me at Christmas. My heart was broke, of course, they said it was okay and they understood. They sure didn't. This might not sound like it's a big deal to some people but it hurt me and of course, I lost all trust in this company that I had chose to work with. And they still had the nerve to continue to try and withdraw money from my account so I had to call and get a new card issued as soon as possible. They refused to give me my money back knowing that they had not put any time into my case except to get one of my credit reports which was 9.95. I told them to deduct that and issue me a refund before Christmas so I could do what I needed to for my boys. If they didn't rely on their ‘mamaw’ so much and had other family that bought for them, it may not have been so traumatic for me but they don't have one other single person in their life except for my sister and she's in the same financial shape I am.

Please forgive me for going on about this but if you can't trust anyone enough to be able to take them on their word then I don't believe their worth working with and don't deserve my hard earned money for services they have not performed. Too many people get rich off of the expense of unfortunate people that don't know how or are to afraid to speak up and defend themselves from these more upper class individuals with more education and wits about them. We go to these people for help and unfortunately get taken advantage of that’s why so many people stay stuck in the same rut all their lives.

I need your help getting my money back if for nothing else but to prove to these companies that they need to be more honest and caring for their clients like already they claim to be which is untrue or they wouldn't be so money hungry to get every dollar out of everyone they can no matter what they have to do to them and act like it's no big deal and that you'll get over it soon enough and they've already forgotten your name before you even hang up the phone. Can you help me?

Please let me know if you can or not. I'm very disappointed in these companies and the more it bears on my mind, the more I’m going to speak out about it. We need to protect the unprotected. Will you help? Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know it was a little long winded and I do apologize for that but I needed to get it out.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2009

They told us that they could improve our credit score in as little as six months. I paid $9.99 for me and $9.99 for my husband to pull our credit report from all three of the major credit reporting companies. They only got one. Then I was charged on 10/19/09, $99.95 and $49.95 to begin with a real lawyer. After my score went even lower and I investigated further, I was charged for paper. On 12/27/09, I was charged again $89.00 for me and $89.00 for my husband. My service was cancelled on Nov. 11. Nothing was ever done. My account was at a zero balance. My credit score went lower and I feel like such a fool. How will I be able to go to work with no money for gas the next two weeks?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2009

For 3 years in a row, they have been charging me $39.95 to have my credit file corrected and quite a few items removed because of incorrect information and I have paid the cost for 3 years and since May 2008, they agreed to $39.95 but arbitrarily started debited $59.95 per month but to no avail. No satisfying answers were given.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2007

they withdrew money after we told them to stop i do not have the total they did not doany any anything for us

Original review: July 26, 2005

On July 1 05 I had requested information concerning credit repair service. I was contacted by the law firm and expained that they were a reputable firm and they could fix problems on my credit report. I explained that I had went through a service prior and was left holding the bag. The rep explained that they gaurantee that this service would work for me. He then talked me into the 99.00 plan and 59.00 per month. I was told all I had to do was send my credit reports and they would take care of the rest.

That very day I sent copies of my credit reports to them. I did not hear anything for 4 days. I finally got an email that stated they could not read my reports to please resend. I did that very moment. Again later I recieved a email we could not read the reports. I then called and left a message that this was not going to work I want to cancel. I then emailed as well. I never heard a word. I finally get an email on the 11th of July that the service was cancelled and I would not be drafted. On the 16th my account was drafted. I called and they said it was because they had already stated my case file.

They had done nothing for me and I was assured by the rep on the phone that if I was not completely satified I would get my money back as long as it was within a reasonable time. I cancelled within 11 days and nothing was ever done with my file. I will never trust another credit repair service again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2004

two months ago i had applied for their service, i provided my PERSONAL INFORMATION espcially my banking information aswell, i was suppose to call then back to give them my Authorization to charge every month 39.99 for their service , i never called then back because i felt they were running a scamm , so today Dec29,2004 i had called my bank to find out any pendeding transaction on my account and i found out that this company had charged $153.00 with out my Concern, so i called then and they said there was nothing they can do , also they said that i agree to the term and condition in which i didnt because i was suppose to call then within 15 days .

Lexington Law Company Information